Speaker 1: I think I'll have myself a beer. Let's play ball. Welcome in everybody to Fantasy pros. This is leading off. It is me, Joey p Joe Pie's Apia with me, is the Welsh, and it's you and today we're gonna recap actual baseball that happened yesterday. We nailed the props yesterday, so hopefully you made some money. If not, we got another shot again to win some more. We are brought to you by bet MGM, so make sure you check out our sponsor. Also, we had a walk off. That Welsh was there live. He got Beard last night, him and Scott Bogman. It was a late night for the Welsh and Welsh you might have seen the one Arizona win all year. Congratulations, what a night.
Speaker 2: I told Bagman that Bogman he flew in from Texas to come out here and I was like, dude, I think we got like one of seventeen total wins the whole season and probably the most exciting.
Speaker 1: It was incredible.
Speaker 2: You guys can see our excitement on my Twitter at is at the Welsh. I had a videoed Bogman while you Darvish was doing what we're going to talk about here in a second. And then Seth Beer comes up after they have a wild pitch on a basis loaded one run scores, they don't intentional walk Seth Beer on National Beer a day, and then he crushes one. I went absolutely nuts, Bogman went absolutely that's the stadium went crazy. It's the only excitement we're gonna have all year, hundred percent it is.
Speaker 1: But at least you got it. You had that beautiful moment on opening Day. That's what you want, and now everyone can overreact to it. It's my favorite day, the second day of Major League Baseball, where everybody overreacts to every single thing that happened. But let's get to some of those things. The Pirates signed Cabrian Hayes do an enormous extension, and then he immediately went out there and got hurt the first inning. So that's always fun to be a Pirates fan. You had you Darvish, who got taken out yesterday after six no hight innings. Important to see you Darvish bounce back after last year's inefficiencies. He's done this before to us, where he's a terrible one season, only to bounce back and look amazing. The next, So hopefully that's what's happened here. And say, Suzuki made his major league debut and got his hit, his first one actually against Corbyn Burns, who also walked somebody yesterday in historic fashion. That's not very Corbyn Burns like, So what do you want to take out of this? You want to take Darbash, You want to take Zuki, Cabrian Hayes. Where do you want to go?
Speaker 2: I can't believe you didn't put Bobby went in here, Bobby Wit crushed.
Speaker 1: And Bobby Wit, yes, hundred I think it was Bobby Wit.
Speaker 2: Then well, I'm just saying I should take Darbish. But I'm just saying one hundred and ten ev on the hit, crushed up in the zone getting his first professional hit, that looked like it was going to be absolutely jacked. I agree with you, Andrew happy Byron Buxton going to be MVP day. But the U Darvish thing, I mean, I was there and what was it was good and bad because the stat line doesn't show probably how inconsistent he was. He just was pitching to the bad contact. I mean, but it's diamondbacks. Nevambacks are built on bad contact. But he walked four, so you know, any patient hitters were able to set off the stuff. But he did touch ninety eight. He was sitting kind of ninety five ninety six, which was really encouraging. His secondary is just I don't know where they're going to go on another team. But as encourage as I am, I've been a you Darvish apologist kind of all off season. I'm a little worried with how kind of all over the place he was and that statline getting people going nuts. Listen. I love my you Darvish, but if somebody out there were like, hey, he just pitched six, you know, no hit, and they wanted to do an awesome trade, I would be interested in listening. But you Darvis six, no hit, bunch of walks zon and they had to take him out after the six because you know, he was such a high pitch count against those stinky Diamondbacks.
Speaker 1: Also, we're going to get to some fun facts here in a moment, but first I want to talk about Joe's tough guys. Immediately we're one game into the season. We have one. It's pet Alonzo. Pete Alonzo was in a car that flipped over I don't know, like three times, in spring training, he walks away. He's like, whatever, I'm Pete Alonzo. Then last night he gets hitting the shoulder and it ricochets into his face. He had a very funny post about it, where it's like, well, I get botox. We could just take a ninety seven mile an hour fastball to the face. I love that. I love Pete Alonzo, Like, how does anybody not love this dude? So today, already day two Major League Baseball, we already got one of Joe's tough guys. Shout out to Pete A. Lonzo. Hopefully all his teeth are intact per MLB Sarah Langs. In twenty twenty one, Corbyan Burns said the major league record fifty eight strikeouts before his first walk. Twenty twenty two, Corbyan Burns walks the first batter he faces. So a little bit of a fun turnaround there. But I did watch a bunch of that game. Burns looked like Burtons. I'm telling you there was a really good chance he repeats for that award this year.
Speaker 2: I think I was on that game. People might have seen. So I had some bets yesterday. My big first bet, I double bet the no runs in the first inning on the Cubs and Brewers, and I live streamed the little sweat there and Corbyn didn't make me feel good. Got himself. He looked better obviously than Darvish, but looked a little erratic. He looked a little all over the place. But it was cold, and that was the big thing. It was cold. I think the overreactions are going to be really interesting because all of the almost every single picture in any of the cold weather climates, you saw spin down, which was going to probably have to do with grip. Maybe nobody more significant than Shane Bieber. Shane Bieber's were alarming, but everybody had some spin down and a little bit of you know, command issues. So I didn't really read too much into it for Corbyn, but I was like slightly worried with how erratic he was to start the game.
Speaker 1: All right. Just to answer the question here, I see the peanuts and the cracker jacks in the chat over on YouTube. Make sure you subscribe to YouTube like the video because every day we are coming to it. Now now, that's right, new time to accommodate the Welsh's lifestyle in Arizona of golf and going to baseball games and whatever the heck he wants to do. Basically, it must be nice, must be nice. Let's get to the stat heroes. Yesterday it was very much on Adam Wainwright as DFS pitcher. Hopefully you played him because he turns forty one this year and he had six innings, no earned, no walks, six k's. He's gone thirty two straight scoreless innings. I think I saw against the Pirates so unbelievable. Framber is the color of my energy. Everybody knows that. And Framber Valdez was good once again. Six k's for him, six and two thirds innings. Tyler Molly was really good seven k's against the Braves, so an upset there. We had Sentillion, Tony Santillion getting a save against the Braves and then ty Lore. We have to talk about the ty Lor the Terrible because he was lighting up the radar gun. Six k's, five innings, no earn. Yeah, it's just the Nationals. But still, this was a guy who demeanor wise, I talked about it last year a lot. I like the demeanor on the mound. He seems like a guy. He's very unflappable. He's a big kid. He should be available in most waiver wires. I would run there and pick him up because you might get a good run here. What are your thoughts on ty Lore mcguil coming out of this first start?
Speaker 2: The villa was way up, which I think was super encouraging. I think he touched ninety nine on there. Vila was up. God, I was just looking at it last night. There was a slider was up like four miles per hour. His fastball was up I think two miles per hour, and that was probably That's one of those internal reasons where we're all sitting here and we're like, why is Tyler McGill getting the start? And they didn't just move around some guys as they obviously had trust in him. I'm interested, I'm totally interested, but I mean I'm not probably to the level of like our dear friend Nick Pollock is where Nick created a brand last night around him doing new T shirts and whatnot. Yeah, I think this is gonna be he He might be the biggest overreaction to what fab is going to be spent this week. And I'm not saying it's not justified, but I think you might see some nutty numbers if people aren't going crazy on the Saves, which I think comes Sunday. There might be five to six different opportunities people are looking at between, you know, David Robertson getting a save, Sentillion getting a save. Taylor Johnson was just named. We might have Emilio Pagan potentially saving in Minnesota. We have all these opportunities that might keep it down. But if not, I think people might go crazy. And if you have let's say, a thousand fab, Joe, I mean, do you think you could see some four or fives dropped on Tyler?
Speaker 1: First off, I hate the thousand fab. It's such an arbitrary, stupid number. Do one hundred so that everybody has some sort of idea when you add that other decimal point in there. It's so stupid because they now, yeah, it's so dumb though, because the range becomes just enormously different. It's so stupid. Just do one hundred. I don't know what genius figured out a thousand, but I would like to slap them in their face about a million.
Speaker 2: Let's do a million.
Speaker 1: It would be so great to a million fab. I think this year I might have Doctor Evil. I might dress up like him for the Halloween live stream. It's possible. We'll see what happens.
Speaker 2: You're already pretty much there, buddy.
Speaker 1: I know. I think all I got to do is do the scar. That's a shave. But I gotta tell you I think mcguil I don't want to be super aggressive. I had one hundred fab I would probably be in the in the low twenties for him because I think he's going to stick in that rotation for a while. So I don't see Degram coming back. So I think I'm bidding on the starts more than I'm bidding on that one start, if that makes well.
Speaker 2: Also, let's point out that Joe again got the free pass on this show yesterday, where everybody was like, oh good, that's cool. Of predicting that Jacob de Grom would be the closer. I say, Byron buckson wins an MVP, and the chat gets ridiculous and turns on me with pitchforks and sticks, and you say, oh, he's gonna be closer, and everyone's like, Joe's right, Jose the best picture in baseball last couple of years of the best stuff. Yeah, they're gonna put him in the bullpen. So you know what that feeds to your Taylor potentially saying in the rotation in the entire season.
Speaker 1: That's right, I move the needle. I'm then acknowledge me, well, acknowledged me, Like, all right, let's get to the rest of the guys from yesterday, showy Tani Walsh was right to be a little concerned on how many innings he went. I went four and two thirds, but I was right nine strikeouts, so we won that prop I did make.
Speaker 2: I did make that bet. Later when I got in down in downtown where they've got, you know, a whole of the books, and I started getting a little excited and I won my no run. First, I did look around and I was like, man, I don't think I cannot do this, so Tawny one, I tried to talk myself out of it, but I did do it, thank god, I did.
Speaker 1: How about Zach Greenky striking out one whole guy in five and two thirds, so Zach cranky? All right, let's get to some of these hitters real quick. Tyler O'Neil, what went yard two for three yesterday? Paul Goach but four walks love him for the OBP. I'm so mad because I had two guys that started to side between Austin Riley and Matt Olson. I went with Matt Olson in the lefty righty matchup and Austin Riley goes yard. So I'm mad because I want to get on the home run board. Day one I did not. Ian happ also a good day for him, three for four, two doubles, two RBI. I picked him up everywhere. Ian happened drafts late because you know, I just feel like every day playing time he's got some pop. He's not that bad of a play, like twenty home runs and two sixty average. Okay, other homers Bregman, Aernato, Jordan Alvarez, wan So to Tommy Edmund Zero's yesterday, Max Freed not a great start for him, five earned, eight hits, one walk, five k's and the loss of the Reds. I'm not gonna overreact. Brew Baker stunk. We all know that Joe Adell off to a flying stop three strikeouts yesterday, Swanson oh for four, golden sombrero with the four k's, Adam Duval three k's, which means that with three home runs today, Albert Pujo's beautiful story. It's great, but he went oh for five. Anything here concern you in day one er, you just leave these alone.
Speaker 2: No. The one thing I think to monitor. I don't know if you saw this, the Jo Adell oh for three to three strikeout thing. We're just like, oh, man, come on. But they had said before the game that when what was it Taylor Ward returns, Taylor Ward was going to be the every day I think left fielder or right fielder, whatever it was, he was gonna come and play every single day. Now that's important because they've got Brandon Marsh and Jo Adell out there, and Joe can't afford to be going OH for three. I'm not saying that they wouldn't just hold on all season long, but if they're truly like they just said, going to give Ward an everyday job in the outfield, that leaves one spot open for Marsh and Joe Adell. They're both put on notice, and you know, Brandon Marsh might be a little bit more complete. I don't I think you would O for two, but I think you'd a walk. I would be weary. I'd be weary about Joe Adell. I hope he picks it up because a couple more OH for three campaigns and Marsh does a little bit of anything. We might see those maybe going to a platoon at best and worst if jo Adell goes down for again.
Speaker 1: For but franbur is a good pitcher too, so I want to I want to give him another night against Jacob Torezi today and see what happens here, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm just saying over three to three strikeouts a little bit concerning for Joe Adell specifically.
Speaker 1: All right, So the leader board, we had nine dingers call correctly last night. Austin Riley, James James James picked Austin Riley. I'm mad at James James, James, Terry Up and Adam owl Wright, Southsider thirty nine, Robert W. Rockaway, Mike all I do is win and Small is on the board too with Juan Soto. So here's here's the thing, just to be clear for everybody. If you want to get on this home run contest, this is the time. Okay, you subscribe to Fantasy Pros and then what you have to do is get that premium membership. When you have that, you can use all of our tools, like you can manage all your lineups at one spot. So if you're playing on ESPN and the Yahoo League and CBS League. You can use our tools to manage all your lineups and set them just from Fantasy Pros. And then you join our discord at Fantasypros dot com slash chat and when you do that, you can go into the whole run call channel. You can join that. And I'm working on some fabulous prizes. I'm trying to give out monthly prizes starting in May. Yeah, working on that. You should tell people were we were in the chat. Very exciting.
Speaker 2: We were in the chat like yesterday and the behind the scenes with the Fantasy Pros crew, and you and I were both kind of like, we need prizes, we need this over here. And then Joe stepped in and Joe was like, you know, like well you shall not pass. We need prices monthly, yearly, big things. Joe stepped in and I was like, here we go. Everybody's gonna be very pleast.
Speaker 1: Look, I'm repping the swag today. I got my leading off shirt on why can't we give away a shirt every month? They're a hat every month, but the grand prize I want to be something good. So I'm giving everybody the month of April to join to get themselves right here, get another couple of weeks and then may hopefully we're going to start that up. So join now, join today, use the tools, make your life easier, and who knows, maybe win some free stuff because I love free stuff. Who doesn't. Here's another way to win some stuff, and that's to make a little wager over bettingpros dot com slash mlbprops. We're using the prop bet cheat sheet. You can find it there at bettingpros dot com slash mlbprops. And of course we are sponsored by bet MGM. Enjoy all of your favorite sports like never before at betmgm. Sign up using the promo code leading off, and you get your first wager risk free up to one thousand dollars. Also new just for opening Day yesterday, you can bet ten dollars to win two hundred when you've been on any game, regardless of the outcome. Whether you register excuse me, when you register with bet mgm so you get insigt access to a variety of parlay features, live betting options, player parops. The live betting is great on a BETMGM and with betmgm at your fingertips, every play in every day matters more than ever, So sign up today and find out why nothing beats a win at the King of Sports Books bet MGM. So to slick here with that, So go there, use that promo code leading off until you tell them Joey P sentcha, but again leading off one word. That's the promo code to get involved with bet MGM. So let's get involved, Welsh. We did pretty good yesterday one some people some Monday. Let's do it again. These are the top three that I like. Here we got Robbie Ray for the strikeout prop again. This one's on bet MGM. Six and a half is the number. Fantasy pros projections has him at eight and a half. Robby Raise a strikeout machine. You got Mike Trout total bases right now. That one is set believe at one and a half and that's on DraftKings, but he's looking at two point eight for the projections there, so that's a nice one also. And then you've got Walker Buehler for the strikeout prop against Colorado. Ben MGM's got at four and a half. I don't see how this isn't six, and it's projected at six point three, So I love those threes. Are one that popped out to you Welsh and specifically today on BETMGM or somewhere else.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the ones looking at the cheat sheet, but you can go check over at betting Pros, which is nice they've got. There's two that are on draft kings that they posted. I like the Trey Turner total basses. It's one and a half over they project him I believe at three and a half Lucas Gilido strikeouts is pretty low and it's not juiced up. It's at five and a half against the Tigers. That one's on DraftKings, which I kind of dig as well. And then the other one which they have listed, which looks like it's fan duel is Luis Robert hits and the projections at one and a half. I might even play around since it's so juiced to go total bases and go one and a half and you probably get it better somewhere else. But those are three guys I kind of like and I probably will be targeting here on day two of MLB.
Speaker 1: Day two, Day two, I love this where it was in the chat here I lost it now I gotta find it here. But one of our listeners here, oh here was here was the Brock. I use the free twenty five bet on Sodo the one and a half and nailed at Thanks boys, you're welcome free money in your pocket. That's right. You got to subscribe to the show. I mean, come on, this is what we do here. So that was pretty good. So let's win some people some money in a little DFS. Also tonight on the slate on DraftKings, you got Sures are at ten point two. You can lock him in a cash if you want to offset that. I would look at John Gray for the OPO win maybe at five point four. He is super cheap. That lets you to get whatever offense you want, but you got to offset Sures or it's very expensive. Or you could just stick in the middle. With a combination of Burrios at eight nine, Charlie Morton at eight four, Shaw Ma and I at nine to four. You could get two of these guys and still get a decent lineup. There's enough lineup builders on the single site for FanDuel tonight. Sure's there's eleven k. You could do that, but you got to be very careful with the offense. Instead, Burrio's at nine point three, Morton at nine point zero, and Shaw Ma and I at eight eight. I think Sha Manaya maybe is a sneaky one in tournaments tonight, especially after the Arizonat Diamondbacks won a game yesterday. Game stacks of the day. I like the Mets, I like the Blue Jays, Atlanta and the Angels. We're talking main slate, which, by the way, people were asking yesterday if you're calling home runs, it's main slate. That's the deal. Seven o'clock in on. We don't play around with these day games here, Okay, that's not how we do lineup builders tonight on DraftKings, get your pens and pencils out. CJ. Abrams two point three. Brandon Marsho Welsh was talking about three point five on DK Orlando arcif he's at the top of that order today two point five, Tyler Stevens in the middle of that order three to three, and Robinson Cano on DraftKings just two point four, hit and clean up like that matchup. On Fandel, we got Robbie Knoa two point two. Fandel is always looser. We know this from last year. We know it every year. Nimo A two point six. Adam duval at two point eight after striking out three times. He's a great tournament play don't play him in cash playman tournaments. Aledmis Diaz two point zero basically a free square on Fandel if he's in the lineup tonight. Joe Adell two point seven off the Bad Game. Also Brandon Marsh two point one, so I like Marsh even better potentially today, and then cj Abrams makes his debut two k over on Fandele. You excited about seeing cj Abrams tonight, Well, very much.
Speaker 2: So, am, And you know, I think I might be going back to the game again and maybe see it in person.
Speaker 1: But well, I mean sometimes forget you're married and you have children.
Speaker 2: I do, Well, I'm gonna take one of my kids with me. But bog Win's and down. He's planning to hit all three games, so I'm gonna be like, hey, I'm gonna take the kid to the game totally and might see that. To be able to see C. J Abrams in person, yeah, I'd be excited because the Diamondbacks, again, they are relative trash and the ball is flying in that ballpark. I would if I was speculating on any of the young guys. I do like the cj Abrams one because even if it's a cheap single, you know, or I think he can plow into a double easy, but that speed, I could see him running bases tonight. I also kind of like that Brandon marsh One if he's in and you know, just keep watching Robbie Canoe. Robbie Canoe kind of sneaky. I think two hits in that last game. I would I would be curious that, like how much longer he stays at that price. Robbi Canot would be another one I'd be interested in.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Canoe is super cheap right now. And this is what you want to look for. You want to look for guys uh and that are in the middle or top of orders that are very cheap because they get that extra bad or they get to come up with guys on bass. Typically it's just a better situation.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: I know Abrams is at nine tonight probably most likely. Yeah, that's okay.
Speaker 2: They turned the lineup, but they turned the lineup over.
Speaker 1: They don't worry about exactley, Yeah, exactly, And that's my point with him. He's so cheap right now. And you know out of the gate fan duel and DraftKings typically have lower prices on the rookies. It's just the thing. It's we talked about yesterday and Bobby with same kind of deal. Let's go to a little history of baseball today. Let's have some fun here. In nineteen ninety three, Carlos by Erga. I loved Carlos Bierrago in my youth. Oh, such a fan, switch hitting master second base.
Speaker 2: Was stocky with like kind of like shorter I felt. I remember, like the shorter arms.
Speaker 1: He was just he did. He was like this. He had a great mustache and the curly hair, and he hit from left side, he hit for the right side. He was amazing. And he came to the Mets and he's stunk, and I was so excited when they traded for him, and then it sucked. Carlos Biergo was the first player major league history to homer from both sides of the plate in the same inning in nineteen ninety three. How about that. Also, one handed pitcher Jim Abbott made his major league debut today and lasted just four and two thirds innings in California the California Angels at the time, losing to the Seattle Mariners. So there you go, a little bit of a history in baseball. You Jim Abbott fan. I'm actually Facebook friends with Jim Abbott.
Speaker 2: Oh really, you gonna get him on the show, are you guys? Buddies?
Speaker 1: You can? I should?
Speaker 2: We should? I would interview Jim Abbott. Yeah, no, I mean very you know, it's funny. I feel like I saw a whole lot of stuff. I saw one of those videos that was like if you ever tell Yourseff you can't do something or whatever it was or baseball is easy, and it was Jim Abbott like getting hits, Like Jim Abott had like three career hits, which was pretty impressive. So yeah, it is Jim Abbock.
Speaker 1: You know what I love too. I love when that Indians team with Bierga on it, like that that group of young Indians coming through with a Tomey Manny Ramirez, girl, I love that Indians team, the early early mid nineties Indians in there. Yeah god yeah, well he came over eventually. Yeah, but like, oh man, those were fun teams and Robbie Almar eventually came over and played for them too. All right, let's let's get to what everybody's waiting for. Home run calls of the night and once again just want to remind everybody you want to get in this right, you already missed one day, so stop what you're doing. After the show, go to Fantasy Pros. Become a premium member. It's not a big deal. It's not crazy expensive either, and if you're playing Fantasy Baseball, you're gonna get access to all these other things. Welsh at the stages yesterday. So you go, you become a premium member. You use the tools, and then you can go join our discord at Fantasypros dot com slash Chat, and then you find the home run channel. Mayor, we'll talk you through it. Mayor luckily did not go yard last night. He has called Raphael Devers. I see it here. Today. I'm going to take sho Hey Otani tonight, going against Jacob Derezi. So he's gonna pitch and then Today's gonna hit a bomb and he's gonna remind everybody why he's absolutely the man. So I'm gonna go with Otani tonight and we can make our calls for the weekend as well. Typically we do that or we pick a guy for the weekend, unless well, you're gonna do Saturday and Sunday I'm gonna take Aatani Friday, Saturday, Sunday, mayor lock it up all right? Oh who is your guy for tonight or in perpetuity for the weekend?
Speaker 2: Okay, So we want to take we want the later sleep. We don't want the early guys for the home run.
Speaker 1: Yes, we want to wear seven o'clock eastern time. That's where we're going.
Speaker 2: That's where we got to be, seven o'clock eastern Moore. Okay, So then I will switch my because I will just tell everybody I did have an early guy. The guy would have selected, it would have been a rose arena.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna make it nice and easy on myself, and I'm gonna guarantee myself over the weekend. One, possibly two. Give me Vladimir Guerro Junior. Give me flatty Daddy, flatty Daddy. Yeah, that's I think that's an easy call for me. I'll take them all weekend. He's got the Rangers, I think they got They played at seven oh seven, so I just get in on the wire. They got John Gray. The rest of the rotation. I haven't even seen what they're all putting out. But because like Dame Dunning, Spencer Howard. Uh, this is a pretty easye What did you.
Speaker 1: Think of a Bryson Stott starting at third base and batting eighth for the Phillies in the front opener, but Alec Baum on the bench or bomb excuse me on the bench? What do you think about that?
Speaker 2: I mean, I think that's why I said the sneaky and l Rookie of the Year call of Bryson Stott at like plus nine hundred whatever it paid out was the play that I think they like him. You know, Mickey Moniac suffered a fractured hand and he's going to miss time, and I don't know if they're going to screw around, and I don't know. I don't know if like maybe they would try to get bowm in some other spots. We'll see what happens. But I think, uh, I think Boma is on the outs. I do think over the next like two or three weeks, they're going to kind of just churn and burn those guys and they're going to give different opportunities. But I think Scott is a guy at the end of the day that is gonna be able to claim that job. The only thing that helps is if something were to go South with d D where they just wanted to play him or he got hurt or whatever. They would go stout and bomb. But I think this is bomb b bom bom Stott.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you were the stock guy for the last couple of weeks. You've been talk about him here on the show. Julia Rodriguez starting in center field, batting seventh for the Mariners, making his major league debut. How excited are you right now, Welsh dude? I mean you guys texting back and forth. Hey, put out my picture. What's up? What's up?
Speaker 2: Brother?
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 2: I got to watch Bobby WIT's debut yesterday with Bogman. We were doing that. I plan the rest of the day getting a few things done, and I am incredibly excited to watch the rest of these big debuts early morning. I will be watching in about thirty minutes or so, Spencer Torkilsen's debut Julia Rodriguez later today. I love the prospects. I love that we're getting a big old handful of them. And you know, Bobby Wit, still Bobby Witt.
Speaker 1: There you go, last one here. Yankee general manager Brian Cashman confirmed Friday that the team and Aaron Judge were unable to come to an agreement on a long term extension. Do you think he walks or you think this is just more posturing and then they get it done at the end of the year.
Speaker 2: I think it's a possibility. I mean, he kind of gave he put his foot down. I think they offered him two hundred something million dollars. He put his foot down and say today was the last day, didn't sign it. I don't know, Like I'm not sure this day and age, the Yankee stigma of like having to play for the Yankees and the biggest city is as appealing as it used to be. Where you know, teams like Texas that are spending three hundred million dollars on Corey Seeger, he might think three fifties in the bag, and there's other teams to go spend it, like the Angels, the Dodgers, the Rangers. So I think there's a decent opportunity. Plus, you know, I'm just throwing out like some of the like weird technical stuff with the vaccines all that, Like maybe he just wants out of there, Maybe he wants in a new destination. I think it is totally totally possible.
Speaker 1: We'll see any final thoughts for today heading into the weekend.
Speaker 2: My friend, you know, get your bets set, take advantage while you can if you are playing the betting market, because I think a lot of the prop bets have not fully aligned, so there's some good places to take bets and don't over don't crazily owe react about really anything Like Shane Bieber had a four hundred drop on spin I think on I'm trying to remember which pitch it was, but over two hundred on spin drop on every single one of his pitches. That's alarming and that is concerning. He had a Velo drop as well. But we got to be mindful that it is the start of the season. Some of these guys playing an incredibly cold weather games. So before you get hyped or you freak out about one guy, take a breath and analyze on both sides so you don't make the wrong decision either way.
Speaker 1: Keep it nailing those k props because they're very low right now, ye, and hitters are always behind pitchers typically this time of year, and a lot of these numbers are low. And if you're going to make sure you do it at bet MGM and use that promo code leading off. When you do go join our discord getting that home run call contest, I'm telling you you can give you one month to everybody get in there before we start giving out fabulous prizes. That's my hope. So this has been great. We're happy baseball's back. Enjoy Opening Day two. I know for a lot of teams that got rained out yesterday. Enjoy the weekend of baseball. I'm gonna be off Monday, but don't worry. The Welsh and of course Scott Bogman will be taking you through same time noon Eastern on Monday, and then I'll be back Tuesday and we'll do it all again. So have a great weekend everybody that'll do it for us. But the story of the game goes on for the Welsh. I'm Joey p. We'll see you next time. Kids,