Speaker 1: Hello, gorgeous, it's Lala Kent. Welcome to Untraditionally Lala. Hello, gorgeous, Welcome to the bonus episode of Untraditionally Lala. You know, I was sitting around thinking about all the things that I need to change in my life and how I move and what I do, and how I go about things, how I release things, and it just made me think of all the advice that I've received that has been great that I've never fucking taken because I want control and I think that you know, I know best. I do not. I should have taken the advice for my mother when she said be done with it, just be done with it, but I didn't want to hear it. No, I needed to touch the stove a few more times, a lot and more times. We've all been there. We've all been there, and you know what, there will be another man that appears that is going to put me to the test again, and I better pass or else I'm going to continue attracting these fucking duds until I pass the test. That's just the nature of this. We all understand that, right.
Speaker 2: It's funny.
Speaker 3: Some people just have to keep touching that stuff, and others learn the first time.
Speaker 4: No, I don't learn the first time, not at all. I think there's very few people that learn the first time.
Speaker 2: Maybe that don't listen.
Speaker 1: What that's not learning? That sounds like just uh, that doesn't seem like living at all. You know, like the whole point of life is to go and experience, because if you just listened to every piece of advice from someone who's experienced, you just have a lot of great advice with literally no experiences.
Speaker 4: We're gonna get a lot of great advice when we get older, to get to people.
Speaker 1: And we have to expect that they will not take it and that's okay, that's true. That's okay, Like it's going to be really hard, Like you're in it right now with your girls because they're of that age. H Easton, Do you have a piece of advice that someone has given you that has always.
Speaker 2: Yeah, very first meeting a.
Speaker 5: Good things take.
Speaker 1: Time that advice.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's advice. It's words of wisdom. That's advice.
Speaker 6: Like if I'm talking to you and you look at it, like if I was telling you and you said, good things take time, that's advice for me to go, Okay, I need to just sit back and wait.
Speaker 4: But like ver much time because life goes by really fast, and it's like I don't have that much time.
Speaker 1: Oh so you need to learn My advice to you would be learned. You need to practice patients, m which is my worst quality. I'm so impatient. How do you practice patients?
Speaker 2: Just pause, raise tins.
Speaker 1: There's a big difference between practicing patients conquering patients that you may practice it daily.
Speaker 6: How would you conquer it just putting yourself in? Like it's almost like, what is it trauma therapy? Going in and like two things you can't control to just still.
Speaker 1: You're talking about exposure therapy.
Speaker 5: Exposure therapy, that's maybe.
Speaker 1: How you my life every day tells me this is good exposure therapy for you. I'm like, no, it's just giving me massive amounts of anxiety. It's hard to tell.
Speaker 5: But that's where your patients have to come in.
Speaker 1: This person said, never accept criticism from someone, you would never accept advice from I like it. If you said done. Eitherer said, than done. Don't try to control your kids control yourself.
Speaker 5: No no no no no no no no no.
Speaker 6: You got to control those kids else we're gonna have murderers. On our hands control your kids.
Speaker 5: Please, No, but I do.
Speaker 1: I do understand what they're saying, because as we know, we cannot control other people, right, including our own children. Our job is not to control our children, but refine all the times.
Speaker 2: Them.
Speaker 1: Yes, absolutely, yeah.
Speaker 6: But also for her, like, I get what she's saying, because you are product, like be the product of the environment, so they look up to you.
Speaker 5: So that's what you're supposed to be, like, if that makes sense.
Speaker 4: That's setting in an example, setting an example and controlling your kids. If you're in a restaurant and your kids screaming and you're sitting there just eating your cheeseburger not doing.
Speaker 1: Anything, that's really gonna piss me off. It's like, be considerate people, take your kid out of the restaurant. Yes, I agree. I don't think control of the situation. Yeah, yeah, totally. This one's this one's a head scratch her.
Speaker 4: I'm not I need more specivity on that particular question or what.
Speaker 1: It's just advice you got. Don't don't try to control your kids, just control yourself.
Speaker 5: That's a control yourselves controlling your kids.
Speaker 1: I don't necessarily know that I would have taken that advice.
Speaker 5: No, no, you can't.
Speaker 1: Maybe her kids are older. Oh that's what it is.
Speaker 5: We didn't ask.
Speaker 4: Okay, rewind You're right, when they're out living their lives.
Speaker 1: There's nothing you can do about it. What can you control. I'm here to love you and support you through you know what. It makes all the sense now, it makes sense. I'm taking the advice. It's great advice, great advice. You can't take enough pics with friends and family.
Speaker 5: I disagree.
Speaker 1: I disagree too.
Speaker 5: Every time in the.
Speaker 6: Moment, I'll take pictures and I'm like, oh, perfect, and then I never revisit those photos, and then why don't I have so many guy damn photos? And then I just like, you know how you put your finger on it and you just slide down, and I just yeah, go on, never to be seen again.
Speaker 5: What was in them?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: But if I don't know, there are times where I look back, like I want to go through that computer that we had when we were kids, because there's so many pictures on there, and like ones of dad and ones of us when we're like in high school. You know where I want to remember.
Speaker 5: That would be really yeah, because my phone.
Speaker 6: I don't know what's wrong with it, but it stopped at twenty Like my last picture is like twenty seven around the same. Yeah, so I don't know if it's something with like a ten year span of it, if that makes sense.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but we should pull out that because I agree.
Speaker 5: I feel like I'm missing a lot of.
Speaker 1: Really good at capturing content. Please, photos, videos, and even voice notes of ocean. I haven't been as good with Sosa.
Speaker 6: Can we please get the film that you recorded with your friends?
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, Beanie.
Speaker 1: Girls in California.
Speaker 5: That has to be if boards.
Speaker 1: Are out, and that you should the house boards are in.
Speaker 5: The house was a full on production, they would. There was one like.
Speaker 3: So cute core memory that I have productions for your new company.
Speaker 5: I just read a core memory. Is you chewing saltiness?
Speaker 2: What's it called?
Speaker 5: To try to do? Vomit? You?
Speaker 6: You guys were in the kitchen and you were like, the consistency isn't right? We were, and then she vomited it all in the sk and then my dad got pissed.
Speaker 5: He was like, this doesn't fucking go down.
Speaker 6: Lauren said he didn't, but he was like, Lauren, it doesn't go down, Like I have to drain this now, getting a pea trap.
Speaker 1: Like, you build houses down, you'll figure it out.
Speaker 5: He did.
Speaker 1: If you can build a house, you can certainly unclog a drain.
Speaker 6: Okay, Like it's so simple, Like it's hard, you do it.
Speaker 1: I love my dad.
Speaker 6: Yeah, after you fake vomited, he's up there with a pea trap trying to get the saltae outmer.
Speaker 5: Yes, it's a core memory of mine. I'll never forget it.
Speaker 1: Oh that makes me so happy.
Speaker 6: Because I watched you vomit into there, and then an hour later I just see Dad with a ranch under there.
Speaker 5: And I go, what are you doing? And he's like, well, she spit out saltines in here.
Speaker 1: I think it was Ali Daalstrom that we made the vomitter, but I came up with that's untraditional, traditionally unconditional, that's what I say. I literally just looked at the mic and said, un traditional.
Speaker 2: We'll have the amber for viewing.
Speaker 1: I would love to watch it. We need to convert it over because you I did it on a cam quorder and then there's a VHS that you got me that you then take the thing out and put it into the VHS and it's hooks to the back of the TV, and I remember those.
Speaker 2: Watch goddamn TV.
Speaker 5: To do it. We're gonna have to do a whole bunch of ship for now.
Speaker 1: No, I have a DVD player that I bought for Ocean off Amazon so that she could watch the Spice Girls movie, which is going to be streaming soon. By the way, Spice World, you are currently living in the good old days. Live in the moment.
Speaker 2: God damn, I.
Speaker 1: Like that too. It feels good. Oh, but it's so easy to go back to the good old days and then have bills to pay.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but that's the one thing she's saying.
Speaker 1: Yeah, live in it, like it's who knows.
Speaker 5: How long ago? Yeah, these are the good old days. You just don't know it yet.
Speaker 1: When Ocean tells me that she wants can't wait to be older, I turned into fucking Billy Madison when he's in class and he's like, I was squeezing. I think it's yes, And he's like, I can't wait to go to high school too, Billy, Yes, don't ever say that.
Speaker 4: That's another movie I watched like five thousand times.
Speaker 1: We would be driving would be like rules, rules, and they fly? Are they the bus?
Speaker 4: When the death bus?
Speaker 6: My favorite is just like that because when he's in class, like in the kindergarten with all the kids, and he's sitting looking up at the teacher, so many people because they're like TikTok, there'll be a hot teacher and like the first one is just like him in there because it's I'll be in that class with you, kid.
Speaker 1: Stop plugging your eyebrows. Uh no, keep actually just started again?
Speaker 5: What does she want you to do?
Speaker 1: Okay, so no, what are you doing? Thread? No?
Speaker 2: It pulls your skin.
Speaker 4: If there's one thing I learned in modeling school, oh maybe that's what's wrong with my eyes.
Speaker 1: Called a bone amber. We've already talked about this with doctor Diamond. The skin right here.
Speaker 5: I don't want to hear it from your amber yet.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. No, Remember they told us there is very little elasticity up here. So if you wax every time it pulls that it's not going to go back in and before you know it, you got yield droopy eyes. You should not wax. You should pluck. But I think what they're saying or thread red. Yeah yeah, but pluck and threading are the only way to go.
Speaker 5: But she said, don't pluck.
Speaker 1: She said don't pluck your eyebrows. But I'm assuming because a lot of us got a little carried away. Do you remember when you took a full razor down the center where your unibrow would be e'sn nott eyebrows they started?
Speaker 5: Those were the good old days.
Speaker 1: I remember learning that you did that at Cammie Hair across the street from Cottonwood Mall.
Speaker 5: They did it to me.
Speaker 1: No, you did it, and you I was telling you had come in, and I told my girl that was doing my hair that you had.
Speaker 5: Just to let everyone know that one moment.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I think about it often because now I do it really simple.
Speaker 5: You, No, I just take a razor.
Speaker 1: This is the greatest advice. You can't control what happens to you, but you can control what you do next.
Speaker 7: That yeah, But then if I control what I do next, but hold on signage?
Speaker 5: What yeah?
Speaker 2: For sure?
Speaker 1: Like maybe like a little knitted pillow or something instead of live laugh again.
Speaker 6: I can't control what happens to me, but I can control what I do next.
Speaker 5: But what if I do? Whatever I do next is still out of my control.
Speaker 1: We're just in again, current moment.
Speaker 2: Make the right decision.
Speaker 1: It resonates very very true to the present moment of my life. What I can't control what happens, but I can control what I do next. I'm not giving you my time anymore.
Speaker 4: And by the way, there's a follow up to that from my childhood ctr she's the right.
Speaker 1: Amen. I want one of those rings. Let's get on Amazon one Mormon, Yeah, choose, she'd really be universal.
Speaker 5: Yeah, CTG, choose the God.
Speaker 1: Never tell your kids they are bad. Always just say what they've done wrong. Yeah, you have to say you're not a bad person.
Speaker 5: You made a.
Speaker 4: Bad boy, wouldn't you agree?
Speaker 1: You don't want to say, like you're a bitch.
Speaker 2: I tell you.
Speaker 3: My mom always said, tell a child they're good, they'll be good.
Speaker 2: Tell them they're bad, they'll be bad.
Speaker 1: You know what, though, I do that with Ocean. I'm like, she never I she what do we say? She never talks back or whatever. And she's in the middle of talking back. You say she would never do that, and she I know what you're doing, and I do talk back doing it right now, And I'm like, oh my god, I cannot hustle you. I've seen some ship she's been around. She's like, I dealt with this in my past life. Bitch, get some new material, isn't she like she always goes to bed on time? She always listens. I always fight you on it because I hate going to bed.
Speaker 3: But you know what, there are children that beam when you tell them stuff like that.
Speaker 1: Well, ocean beams. But she knows when you're trying to Can you tell me that I'm gonna beam? Yeah, if you tell me, I'm If you tell me that I'm doing great at something, I'm like, watch how much greater anything you could do? I could do better?
Speaker 4: And I'm really fucking good at it.
Speaker 1: It's not your job to make other people comfortable.
Speaker 5: I really should listen to that one. I always worry about everybody else.
Speaker 6: I'm like, if they're not talking that much, and talk to them, make them a part of the conversation.
Speaker 4: I think you learn that as you get older, and you just like, you know what.
Speaker 1: No, it's called treating people the way I want to be treated. If I notice that someone is I like people feeling comfortable because I know that feeling of feeling uncomfortable that I never want someone to experience that. But then you come for me and I will fuck you up. Yeah, Yeah, I feel like I always have to state that because when I talk about me as a nice person, people like, you're a fucking bitch. Did you watch yourself Season sixty seven nine? I'm like, no, that was a five hundred years ago.
Speaker 5: There was a moment in time.
Speaker 1: That's when I go and I tell them you're currently living in the good old days. You don't need to explain yourself. Ever, how do you feel about that? Oh, that's the next one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you have to explain yourself sometimes.
Speaker 1: It's called communication. Have I decided to goho steal and you want to know why? I'm going to need to explain why. Yeah, I don't love that one. Once you're eighteen, never sign anything unless you know exactly what you are signing. This person has experience in that. Who's signing documentation of eighteen?
Speaker 2: Cars? Leases?
Speaker 5: Credit cards?
Speaker 1: You know? Take your mom with you, Take your mom with you, so you're never done parenting. That would be my advice.
Speaker 6: You just remember, guys, first time to in this situation.
Speaker 5: I don't think parents get that.
Speaker 2: What do you mean profound?
Speaker 6: Yeah, like this is mom's first time still, Yeah, like she's never you know, like you look up to your parents and you're like hell, but it's like their first time too, you know, being a parent to someone up to somebody at this age, this experience, like that's the thing, no matter what you're gonna.
Speaker 1: Wow, that is very, very profound. The point of the index to Houston.
Speaker 2: Yes we're walking.
Speaker 1: So Sor because she does something good and actually she'll do something so she is the best. Let me tell you. I feel so badly at the reunion being like Sosa is kicking my ass because at that point in time, you guys.
Speaker 5: It was shocked, shocked, shocked.
Speaker 1: It was really hurtful.
Speaker 5: But where we were coming from.
Speaker 1: I still don't like hearing someone else say, yeah, we are allowed to say that, but even I didn't say but she was just she was a lot for me. She like, I'm in the corner fully obsessed. And I get it, we're all obsessed with our kids, but sometimes it's like you're really hard right now, Like I can't say I'm enjoying this. I'm doing it because I quite literally have to a choice. So choice, but I'm like in it an excited mouth. Yeah, but she's at a cute age. That is a cute age.
Speaker 2: But in June she wasn't in that age.
Speaker 1: She was tough about how quickly June was just a couple months ago.
Speaker 2: I know I had to tell our friends that she's changed.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, because you had to tell Sosa's friends.
Speaker 5: You can hang out with her now, Guys, she's changed.
Speaker 1: Can you tell some of my old friends that about me? I could do that for you.
Speaker 2: Please don't.
Speaker 1: I'm good, No, I'm good, I'm solid. That's funny, Mom, you had to tell our friends because they experienced her in the beach house that we show.
Speaker 3: I don't think they didn't bite us back. That's why I had to make that is.
Speaker 1: So not true, Mom, They love her. This one is so good and I love it, and I love this person who wrote it. If it if you smell shit, there's probably shit.
Speaker 2: I agree, Only that's your intuition.
Speaker 7: That really is I agree. The only time that isn't true it allows breath what because it smells like shit? But it isn't ship if that makes sense.
Speaker 1: Oh, you're going for the more literal I think.
Speaker 5: But no, I agree with her.
Speaker 1: Yes, I well, yeah, it's like where there's smoke, there's fire. But I like this one better. But Jewel said it best when she came out with that fabulous album where she's like, follow your hard into sure it will.
Speaker 5: Lead you in the insurrection.
Speaker 1: And I still to this day.
Speaker 5: Smells like ship.
Speaker 1: There can't be ship. Yeah, but your your sniffer is off al little No, my sniffer is spot on, and I don't know you guys later my last my sniffer is spot on, and I ignore it.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, that's a there's a difference there.
Speaker 1: I get it.
Speaker 2: You had three disagreements.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know when I smell shit and then I continue to steal. Continue.
Speaker 5: You're kind of like a fly.
Speaker 1: I'm a fly.
Speaker 5: You're a fly just walked into the ship. Fly?
Speaker 1: Wow, what profound that humbling, profound moment. I'm a fly?
Speaker 5: Yeah, So what do we do to not make you a fly? Because you're going to jump ship to ship?
Speaker 1: We got an electrocute them.
Speaker 4: Yeah, all right, let's make a zapper and then you're going to turn into a beautiful butterfly.
Speaker 1: Wow, Easton, I'm taking this in. Should we get a tattoo of a fly emoji? Hold on, I do like this one.
Speaker 5: Do a couple more.
Speaker 1: If you can't buy it with cash, you can't buy it with credit.
Speaker 2: That's not true, pay off your credit card at the end of the month.
Speaker 1: It's not that it's just gonna. Wow, what a luxury you have.
Speaker 5: I know, pay it off.
Speaker 1: The reason I'm using the credit bitch because I can't. I like to get the points, another luxury for you. Keep swiping, I get the points.
Speaker 5: Fuck it right, every time I'm about to buy something, put it on this card. I'll get pints. You know. I'm no, we don't, am.
Speaker 4: I did go shopping at Bloomingdale's yesterday to get a new bra, and I used your phone number for Bloomy, So you're gonna get points. Oh no, Norms, sorry that this one's good.
Speaker 1: Garbage takes itself out? Ooh, I really like you too.
Speaker 6: But how long is the garbage gonna sit there before it takes itself out?
Speaker 5: Is that up to me?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Probably it does take itself out, But like what time.
Speaker 2: The stench takes you out? Right?
Speaker 1: Right, we're going quite literally on this podcast today. Garbage takes itself out? No, because I have to do it every Monday, and then who's gonna take out the bins if I don't? You know, that's how we all think. Logical. I like it. I like where I'm gonna leave it. I'm gonna leave it on this one. Follow your gut, not your heart or your vagina when it comes to dating. That's hard. I only think with my heart in my vagina when i'm dating.
Speaker 5: For perfect amber. What about you? I think your heart in vagina too.
Speaker 1: I've had a second date last night after she told me on repeat that she's not going to date for a while. But I did not sleep with.
Speaker 4: Him, and I'm not going to date for you date with Yes, you would.
Speaker 1: Have already sucked him after two dates if I liked him?
Speaker 5: Where I gotta find more?
Speaker 1: Are you judging me?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 6: I just.
Speaker 1: Judge clarity. I'm not judging you think I'm judging you? Are you joking? I don't know? Are you No? I'm gaining clarity. Okay, what's your clarity? Where do you need clarity? Clarity on you not wanting to date, but then you're dating, but then you're not fucking him. But it's only been two days. I'm just wondering. I'm figuring it out.
Speaker 3: And I wanted to pump the brakes altogether and not date for a minute and just kind of.
Speaker 1: Let me let me tell you something. I think this is the end of the podcast. I would never judge you. After every situation I have found myself in. This is a judgment free zone. Trust me, it is not lost on me where my head has been at on money occasion. Judge free zone. I'm gaining clarity and I'm just a curious little cat. Okay, what curiosity killed the cat? I'm not curious fucking do you boo? All right, do you boo? But let me ask you. You said you have a suda. You don't like him?
Speaker 4: No, No, I actually really like him, So I'm not going to fuck him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think that's a good call. Yes, the ninety days I'm so down with. I'm going to do that too. Yes. Can I say one other thing that's profound that I didn't mention on? Untraditionally, la la, I continue to go into any situation with a man where I let them know in some sort of way that I don't require a lot, that I'm very easy. And I actually just came to this realization. I require the hardest thing for someone to give, which is your time. The easy shit. It's very easy for someone to go buy you a gift. Here you go. I have to state when I meet somebody and I'm like, okay, I like you. Well, actually, I've learned if I'm attracted to you, I should run because I have a bad picker. Then you go for people that I don't like. But when I get into that situation, I have to be very true, transparent that I require a lot. I require healthy communication, which is hard for a lot of people, even though it seems very easy. I require your time, your attention, and your consistency. If you cannot offer those things and don't tell me, this is going to be months of you showing me before I put my guard down by it.
Speaker 2: To you, What when do you present all this.
Speaker 1: When I feel that there's a connection and I need to like the constant communication, big red flag. We should not be at the very beginning communicating every single day, very beginning. You should be trying to figure out a time that we can see each other. And let's see if that happens. Let's see how your follow through skills are. If your follow skills are not on point, guess what I'm going with this thing I saw on reels You put their name in every time you see something that you don't like, it's not really maybe not even a red flag, but something that just don't work for you, right, delete a letter of the name. Once that name is completely deleted, we're done here. I need to talk. I love that. So Joe and you've got three strikes and you're out.
Speaker 2: I was going to say, too, No, it's baseball.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm yeah, how many I think you? Yeah? They should all just be named Joe. Three strikes and you're yeah, because what if his name is my single new dude? Yeah no, every single new dude is going to be named Joe. Let's see how this goes. Take me out to the oh. Yeah yeah. That song slaps, especially when I think about a hot dog in my hand. What does baseball season starting.
Speaker 2: About?
Speaker 1: Listening to another bonus episode of Untraditionally La La, I'm gonna catch you guys next week. Bye,