Speaker 1: Hi, you guys. It's just Jen and I'm here with just Jesse and just Carl. I am sitting with my friends Carl Radkey and Jesse Solomon. Do not be jealous. I know that you are. Thank you guys so much for coming. I really appreciate it.
Speaker 2: I love your outfit today.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 2: But I saw you and I was.
Speaker 1: Like, I have to say. The boys both gave me, yeah.
Speaker 2: You should. You should do a TikTok fit. Check.
Speaker 1: This is why I have boys from Summerhouse. Okay, I know. And by the way, let me just put this out there to the universe. I'm not against having a woman from Summerhouse come on to my podcast. It's starting to look like things are a little slanted here, a little lopsided here. Yeah, they are a little bit. I have to say, if I'm on a side, I definitely side with maybe the boys on Summerhouse. I probably shouldn't say that, but now it's out there.
Speaker 2: There's no sides.
Speaker 1: There are sides. There are always really family. Oh yes, one big, happy, dispunctional family.
Speaker 2: I think there's topical sides, you know, like a particular moment where it's like, well, Kyle was maybe over over overstepped or.
Speaker 1: Yes, but those are discussions, those are arguments.
Speaker 2: Those are not I'm wrong. There's sides.
Speaker 1: Well I mean listen, I'm on or was on, or maybe ever will be and who knows what's going to happen again with the Housewives of New Jersey, there were sides, and you better think it through before you picked the side.
Speaker 2: So what's unique about Summerhouse to some degree is we we get to like enjoy staying with each other. Imagine if you guys lived with each other for like three months. Yeah, yeah, as you already.
Speaker 1: Issues like honey, there would be no one that would come out of that alive.
Speaker 2: I know. Well, that's what makes us what we do so unique is like we'll do a dinner and usually with your dinners or an event, you all get to go to your separate homes. Yes, we still have to go home with each other and like a lot of times we think we're off camera, but there's cameras obviously still in the home in the rooms, so you're maybe a little bit more loose. That's when all that's where they get a lot of the good stuff is on our show is when they it's the security.
Speaker 1: They never go down. They're like everywhere Carrie, it's.
Speaker 2: Always how do you do that?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 1: Hold on, hold on, hold on. They're taking over, the boys are taking over. I'm not having it, okay, It's all about just Jen, Just Jen. So I just want to tell you guys, first of all, to our listeners. So I met Carl rad Key great story in an airport on my way to on our way to Bravo Khan. So we were we were in the lounge. We were like in the Delta lounge, right or whatever it was.
Speaker 2: In the morning yep. And on the shoulder. Yeah.
Speaker 3: She was like, what are you doing over here? Yes?
Speaker 2: And I was hiding because going to Bravo Kahn last year, I was very nervous and just very over with good reason, having to face a lot of the stuff, yes, the breakup, but you and Derinda were very very kind your husband as well. Yes, I'll never forget that Delta lounge Roan, because I was so nervous going to Brabacon, but you both made me feel really good.
Speaker 1: Well. The thing is that I didn't really know the story at that point going into it, and all I saw was this very distraught looking young man. I was do you I felt sick for you, like I started, like when the story started coming out, and I don't I don't know the woman who will remain nameless for our purposes today, but I don't know. I just was like, who is this poor man? And who what horrible woman has done this to him? And you just were so sad.
Speaker 2: And I was. It was It was a tough time. And yes, you know I was in love with her and wanted things to work out, but I think we all agree and it was better for us to go different directions. You'll see even on the new upcoming season how post you know, break up and after the reunion everything kind of unfolds. But yeah, I mean I think we both are separately really happy and healthy.
Speaker 1: I'm very glad to hear that.
Speaker 2: So it all in a weird way, it kind of went the right way. I guess.
Speaker 1: I just think that sometimes people think that the one who does the breaking up is not affective. But I'm telling you, if anyone's out there is wondering this poor boy, I think, like brob Conn, I probably text you like six times like are you okay?
Speaker 3: Very cool?
Speaker 2: I mean I was, you know, there was all the sand of all stuff and the scan of all stuff going on.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: I remember hearing the booze for him when he went onto the panel, and when we got on our panel, I don't recall hearing booze, but it was funny. After that day, I went to check social media and there was lots of videos, posts, and there was a fair amount of booing. But Carl, it is what it is. It's a year ago. I'm much happier and healthier now.
Speaker 1: I'm so glad.
Speaker 2: I needed some time to kind of regroup and recover. And you'll see even on the new season, I'm.
Speaker 1: Becoming laughing about over here.
Speaker 2: He was not okay. It'd be weird if he was okay.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, But don't you think that, like you didn't get a lot of grace from That's that's the nature I guess of these shows. But I mean, I again, I didn't know the story. All I saw was this very sad looking young man.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I got a lot of grace from people. That It's more grace than I thought. I mean, people came up to me at Bravo Con, A lot of fans and people I've met at other bravocns were very complimentary and kind. I had. Really to this day, I've never really had anybody come up to my face and say anything negative about it that situation at all.
Speaker 3: The online yes, but nothing right.
Speaker 1: So what are they called something warriors keyboard? The keyboard?
Speaker 3: Yeah, West says the same thing. He's like, nobody's ever been me into my face. So if you just put your phone away, it's pretty much like the same life.
Speaker 1: I mean, I have to say, like I am, it's not going to seem like that after this, but I am a girl's girl, like I really am. God, I've always had a ton of girlfriends, and yet I was I shouldn't say what the hell's who cares? But I mean, I just I felt so bad for West. I thought, and I watched that last reunion and I was like, this, poor little puppy dog, Like.
Speaker 2: I don't think I knew. I mean when I went in that morning, we were getting ready in the green room, I don't think any I mean, I didn't expect some of that. It looked like, you know, West was kind of on his heels a little bit too. I don't know if he was fully prepared for what the reunion really is. Like, it's a big thing. There's a lot of emotion, a lot of fe.
Speaker 3: I messaged him the day before and I was like, hey, Bud, you ready for Barrow, Like what are you going to say? And he's like, I don't know. I hadn't really thought about it, like maybe this, And I was like, you shouldn't say that, like how about this? And he said exactly what he had told me. Yeah, And it didn't go well. I think you just sort of apologized more for any mishaps.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I mean, people break up, you know, it's like, but people are so invested in in when you're on one of these shows, they're so invested in you. I'm thinking way more you all than me, but like they've become so invested in right there anyway.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean with those two, I mean they were it was a real real thing, Like that's what's so. It was the summer when we were they were exploring that relationship. It was fun to watch them. Yeah that, I mean, we were all rooting for West and Sierra, right. Obviously it takes two to tango and it didn't materialize, you know more than that. But I think at the end of the day, I mean, I thought the reunion it was good that, like Sierra got all that out and West was able to Like I felt like there was some growth from all of that.
Speaker 1: You know. I think that part of it is a me thing in that I watch sometimes reunions or I don't like I don't like to see people get bully I'm tired of that. But I don't like to see people get ganged up on, no matter what happened. Like, for instance, I'm the only human talking who was I'm not going to say I was team Raquel Raach whatever her name is. I think it's Rachel, Rachel, Raquel whatever that one. Yes, and scannedival sand of bal whatever they but like so I didn't watch the whole season, but when I saw that reunion, I was sick. I felt so badly for that girl and I realized she slept with her best friends or she was together and she lied about it and she was a skanky cheat and whatever the hell it was. But it got to a point where I was like, this is not okay.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, girls are going to be girls girls though, and I respect that, like they're best friends.
Speaker 1: Oh you just suck up.
Speaker 3: I mean it's true, Like it's Paige was going to have Sierra's back ten times.
Speaker 1: I don't mean that one necessarily. I'm really talking about more of the Rachel raquel that when that went down on that reunion, that was like they went full force.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there was, I mean there was a lot that was an intense I mean we I'm friends with fair amount of them. You know. I was talking to Celia earlier from my heart here and mentioning, you know, our first episode of Summer Else in the history of the show was with Katie, Kristen Stoss and Sheena, you know, so we have a close relationship with Vanner Pump crew. It was difficult to watch that because you know, you're friends with everybody. I don't I'm upset with Sandoval obviously, but it was a weird situation to kind of watch because you know them so personally, but everybody's so angry, so much vitriol. Yes, and I almost feel like the audience had so much to say that the cast almost like took that and gave it back.
Speaker 1: I think that's probably true. I think that actually is very true.
Speaker 2: That is, I like, we just honest theory I have. But again, yeah, when.
Speaker 1: You're very right, because then all of a sudden, You're so empowered because you take a step back, you see how the world stands behind you.
Speaker 2: I mean, even James Kenny was selling merchandise about the breakup, like that's that's a people were leaning in, you know, And I get it, like that kid is take advantage of it.
Speaker 1: I think that kids sell them much right now. But I don't know. I don't know what We're not going to go there. Yeah, you're okay, Jesse. So this is how I met Jesse because Carl introduced me to Jesse when I wrote my world renowned song Teams Divided. You may have missed it. It's on the Peacock version didn't make it to the actual version of the Real Housewives of New Jersey. I know so, but unlike Jesse didn't get right in the main cut. And I said to Carl, is there any way can reach out to Jesse Solomon, because clearly the boy knows how to write songs. And it became this huge hit as well, And I said, Jesse, can I make any money from this? And he said no, he said, but you have yourself a good old time there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, ladies, it wasn't a money making endeavor. It was more just like a fun moment, and I mean, maybe I'll have a music career. I've been writing music and recording and eventually could perform and do live shows, hopefully this summer.
Speaker 1: That's really cool.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but this streaming is not going to be where you make your money unless you're getting like billions of stream.
Speaker 1: Right, it's like you make like literally like I think it's point one set.
Speaker 2: Everybody's got their hands in the cookie jar. Yes, but I think it was like that moment where Jesse, I mean, the whole what would Jesse Solomon do became this joke that Kyle was kind of screwing around, and then it kind of stuck. And then Jesse obviously was telling us about his background. He studied vocal dress jazz in college. Like he was, you know, when we're getting ready, you know, a Drake song comes on, and there was a song and from that summer I'll never forget. And it's like all of these hoes and like Jesse would take his like jazz tone and turn like an explicit rap song but in his jazz voice to play it.
Speaker 1: Do they have it? They catch it?
Speaker 2: I mean just around the house and stuff, but you could hear him sing and you're actually realizing Jesse's really good. Yeah, and then as the summer, you know, was coming to an end, he put together just a fun thing to sing for us and kind of like end the summer. It was awesome, but it was so in that moment we're all like it was real. It was amazing. But then yeah, he released the track. There was a couple of remixes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and listen, I didn't do it perfectly. I like was so far behind releasing it, like I should have released it with the episode.
Speaker 2: But we got it out. We put it together now.
Speaker 1: But I think it wouldn't have mattered.
Speaker 2: But you're sick of it now, and I'm like, I'm sorry, it's just one.
Speaker 1: People just ask me for more every day. They just want another. Not really, I'm sick of it. Actually, teams divided. I know, it's so point you need another single now? Yeah, I know. It was probably the most fun thing that I did of everything in terms of just like it's so creative. It was for me. I mean, it was so silly. There was nothing I didn't I didn't write this ballad or this. You know, it wasn't but it was fun. It's really for me. It was really fun just to put those just point music.
Speaker 2: Like with a lot of these shows, like you have to contribute and bring you know, your life and your story to it. And what I think makes shows like yours or ours like really unique is you have really dynamic people bringing like I mean, he wrote a song like he's on Spotify, like he's a singer, and he's been recorded like it was sat It's unexpected, but I think it makes what we do so much more unique. I agree that's summer forever, be concrete. It in our minds and will always remember what would Jesse Solomon do? And I think that's a really special.
Speaker 1: Thing I do too. You're such a sweetheart of a mass philosophical. He's philosophical, he's kind, he's generous. Seriously, Okay, trust me.
Speaker 2: I don't have it all figured out, but I certainly try.
Speaker 1: And you're supportive of each other, and I love that.
Speaker 3: I love Jesse.
Speaker 2: He's been a really good addition to the group, but also for me as a friend.
Speaker 1: I've really really do you guys hang out like separately and yeah.
Speaker 2: We talk. I mean we're both like we both have a lot going on, but I mean, he's we have I think some similarities and some differences. But what's funny is I almost see myself and him.
Speaker 1: At that's stop taking it over here, that is my question.
Speaker 2: Well, Carl's just like happy to have somebody else besides.
Speaker 1: I was there remember any other guys on Summerhouse?
Speaker 2: Well there was a funny season where I walked into the house and one of the guys Chris. At that summer I basically was like, all right, where are the guys?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 3: I like this?
Speaker 2: But Kyle and I, you know, we've we were best buddies. We have a lot of fun together. But it's nice when you have another layer of energy. Of course, Jesse brings something different than I did, you know, and that's something you know we've.
Speaker 1: What does he bring this different?
Speaker 3: Carl's like I was an alcoholic age and now Jesse is a cocaine at it.
Speaker 1: I know I could be wrong. Are you a big partier?
Speaker 2: I mean, I will say Jesse's able to his behavior like he can he can handle himself. He doesn't have like those crazy outbursts like they would have.
Speaker 1: And his no, I didn't mean you Actually.
Speaker 3: There's a lot more healthy than mine.
Speaker 2: Let's just got it.
Speaker 1: Got it. But like, do you feel like you've taken the role because you always need a partier, right, you can't like it's hard to do it with if everybody is going to be like sober and thoughtful and you know that's actually well, I mean it is to us.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's it's hard to take nights off in the Summerhouse. But I definitely drink a lot just more over the Summer West is like the top partier in the group for sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but yeah, I mean you you were hitting equinox, you know. I think, to be fair, it's you are also like when you have a big night, you're still getting up and trying to work out or yeah, I try to be healthy. He's he's a pretty healthy guy, and I think it's inspiring to have a guy like that around to like keep things.
Speaker 3: I wasn't drinking martinis before.
Speaker 1: By confessionals, Do you feel like it helps that's the thing for.
Speaker 2: First five seasons of Summerhouse, right, do you think.
Speaker 1: It helped you, especially in your first season?
Speaker 2: Chair Carl has incredible stories. Really, I was I parted pretty hard early on whether the camera was rolling or not. I didn't think about it. It just I would show up to interviews sometimes.
Speaker 1: And do you think it helped? Do you think that it Like.
Speaker 3: I'm not going to say it helped, but it's always.
Speaker 1: To help you and your life and your psyche. But do you think that it did?
Speaker 3: You know you might have? Yeah, I think it created.
Speaker 2: I almost had like a version of myself that was, like my mom called it, it's like watching you on steroids, like it's you, but it's not you. You're like this.
Speaker 1: That must have been hard for her to watch.
Speaker 2: She jokes that she used to throw stuff at the TV.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no doubt.
Speaker 3: It's easy in this world to end up drinking every night because we go to events and stuff and you just kind of have to pick and choose. So like sitting down in a confessional chair at two o'clock, I try not to have a drink.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So I was. I would go back and forth with it, like is it a good idea for me to take an edible before the reunion? Is it a good idea?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Not a good idea? Is it a good idea? Or even like before you know, filming confessionals, like should I or anything? I was really nervous about the finale? Should I take half his his annex, well half it, like will that work to make it? And I always got back to not because when you fuck it up and you're going to then like, if you fuck it up and you're not there's nothing in your system, then it's just it's fine, you did the best you could.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's you, right.
Speaker 1: But if you fuck it up and it's because you did an edible and you made it, ask of yourself not so like you never forgive yourself so I didn't. Yeah that's good.
Speaker 3: Well you're being you.
Speaker 2: I mean you're showing that fear and that maybe that stress you're having about whatever you were going to talk about. Yeah, but the more like sober you are, the more real or what you're sharing will be.
Speaker 1: It's very true.
Speaker 2: You'll if you're taking his ANXT, you're like, god, it's fine, right, right, it's not really who you are.
Speaker 3: And there's a very fine line when filming. If you have one drink maybe loosens you up a little bit. Two drinks, okay, don't have another one because like if I have three or four drinks and try to film a scene.
Speaker 2: I have you done that?
Speaker 3: I mean, yeah, we have parties all the time, and all of a sudden somebody pulls you over to chat and you're just like, you can't remember what you were trying to say, and you're just not good at your job.
Speaker 1: Right now, we've had the drinking discussion. Now we're going to talk girls. It's good because I know that's what everybody listening really wants to know about. And so Carl, you are still.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm single. I mean I've been, I've being on some dates. You're putting myself back out there. But you'll see on the new season, which, yeah, it took me some time to get kind of back to my own, getting my confidence.
Speaker 1: I saw the celibacy comment or whatever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I just full transparency. I mean I have broke the streak already since Dog, but no, I it took me some time just.
Speaker 1: To imagine that girl, you know, and that you broke the streak with.
Speaker 2: I admitted that until it happened.
Speaker 1: And where is she now?
Speaker 2: She's in New York, pissed. No, we've texted and just it never really materialized much after the summer. But okay, again, I being a very public person and been on this show for quite some time now, it presents some a layer of challenge sometimes with meeting and dating of course, so I've I've had some things where you know, people maybe have other ulterior motives or someone that I'm interested in just doesn't want anything to do with this, right, you know, So it can be either way, but which is understandable.
Speaker 3: If I wasn't going to be on the show, I would not want to be on the show. And what I mean by that is like, if I was a main character on the show, that's great. Your life is in the public eye and whatever, you get the benefits. But if you're just like a partner of someone and like you just have your life on display for no good reason and you're working a corporate job, like it can bring a lot of well drama.
Speaker 1: I will tell you that my husband is a corporate attorney and he is an introvert. He is like this this shot. I mean, you would think not in business. He's not shy and not really when you know him, but he's like put, we're polar opposites, and there's no one that loves being on this show and he loves as Jeff Wessler. It is so stupid he is, and it's it's actually like.
Speaker 2: Now, has that created any kind of polarization with like his legal career.
Speaker 1: Or no, as a matter of fact, he has new clients. No, I don't know that's got new clients. But he gets like he goes places, he goes to whatever holiday parties now and it's like a whole thing and it's whoa excuse me? Are you just do whatever? So he he just he thinks it's like it's so awesome.
Speaker 2: It is not now was he? Was he that recept like when you got the the concept.
Speaker 1: If he pushed my ass into it, he was like, you have to do this, You'll never that's he did it for himself. He has a great supportive husband all for him. But he's like, we know, I don't think he's we've hit any speed bumps. But I've said to him, like, dude, you're not doing going to the boys party whatever it is, So you're not going to whatever. Not that I can tell him what to do, but I'm like, you have to try to maintain you're not an entrepreneur like these guys, like you have to maintain some dignity here. And if it were up to him, he'd be in every scene.
Speaker 2: So yeah, well, I will say that the New Jersey Men it's it's entertaining to see just the dynamic of some of the the energy and the boy they have a funny group.
Speaker 1: They have a funny group, and as a.
Speaker 2: Group of guys on our side, it's fun to like see how the older gentlemen are behaving. I mean they still rip their shirts off, they're doing push ups, they're yelling at each other, they're grilling, they're nuts. They're doing stuff that we kind of do.
Speaker 1: But and Jeff loves that because Jeff is like he's so buttoned up a day to day, so like all of a sudden, he's like thinks he's in like some frat.
Speaker 2: He's amazing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I see.
Speaker 2: I was like, I mean later stages.
Speaker 3: To kind of be a jackass.
Speaker 1: So the only time he got in trouble was recently because from uh like one of the head partners because I went into his office too and I was doing some content whatever I hate that word, but I was doing filming things on a camera on an iPhone and my pr gu was like, whatever, we're going from a room and I went into the copy room and I pulled up They still called it you guys play, even though what a xerox machine is okay. Well I pretended I was, like I put my thing on, I put my boobs on or whatever, and now I'm like job And I thought it was. It was all so funny until the morning when like the managing partner called him, like the managing partner, Jeff listen, we have some partners here that are not thrilled with the behavior of your wife. Basically banned from he works at thirty Rock. I'm like, not allowed up there.
Speaker 2: On the zero.
Speaker 1: Actually do it? It was, it was. It was a bit you don't want to believe me. You're okay without a copy of that? All right? So wait, so girls, so and I know if you guys probably get these this constantly. Right, everyone wants to know what kind of girl you like? What are you looking for? Right? No?
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, yeah, I think, well, how are.
Speaker 1: You meeting girls right now?
Speaker 2: I mean hinch that. I don't do apps personally. I've never done it again. I'm thirty nine, So the app thing was a little later. In my kind of dating world. The dating app, I believe is Instagram. Yeah, Ostagram, everybody's on it. Do you do that?
Speaker 1: Rya one?
Speaker 3: I'm on Riya, but I haven't been meeting up with a lot of people to go on dates.
Speaker 1: What's the difference, Raya is just cooler, You're cooler, pretty accepted.
Speaker 3: I believe it. Yeah, it's like these of dating apps, but like if you want to get onto it, you can figure it out.
Speaker 2: I heard from one of my colleagues with that soft bar. She's on Riya and she said that no one responds. It's like this thing where it's cool to be seen on it.
Speaker 1: You're nodding about over there. Is that true?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Maybe, like it's fun like when you actually are looking to make a move to ask someone out the like return or like the actually really percentage that it actually lands.
Speaker 3: She said.
Speaker 2: I like, no one's really ever responded to any like thing I've sent that. I don't know white people respond to me, but I throw listen.
Speaker 3: I like to meet people out there.
Speaker 1: Is this guy, he's a professors, Scott Galloway. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've heard of him.
Speaker 1: Have you heard of him? So he's this professor. He talks about the plight really of like young men in our country and what's happening. He talks about a lot of things, but you know, having these young men that have had their head in their phone, swiping, swiping, swiping, and are getting rejective, rejective, rejected, and you know, as a result, I feel like shit about themselves because I don't know what for the self or self esteem. And now you're like not going out and you're not having the experience of like going to a bar. And he talks about the men, but I'm sure it goes both ways. But like you know what the women are looking for. Let's say it's tall. That's all I wanted when I was fixed up, when I was at your age, I was like, he just has to be tall. He doesn't have to be gorgeous. I don't. He doesn't have to be rich, he does have to be ambitious, because my grandmother Nana used to say, he doesn't have to be rich, he has to be ambitious. But tall is the number one. My husband's five to five. So but I'm saying, like you can put it out all out there. I broke one hundred percent, broke my rule.
Speaker 2: But he's the ambitious he yes, so he makes up for the ambition with yes.
Speaker 1: He just wore me down in the end, But like that's also part of it, Like no, because that is a real, but because when you're just behind your phone but you're both saying you love. But it must be fun for you guys to go out because you're you. So you get to go out and like, you know, you walk into a bar and you're both you know, good looking and TV stars.
Speaker 3: So I spend half the year in Miami, and Miami nobody knows who I am.
Speaker 2: For the part I can't confirm. We we visited Jesse Kyle West, and I went down for Kyle had a DJ gig, but we were out and about with Jesse. It was funny, like we were just regular Miami guys that night, you know, we had his group of friends and we met up and it was fun. But it wasn't like it is in New York City or like an.
Speaker 3: Hour we walked into a bar in New York and it's like can we get a picture? Which is it's fun, it's fun, but it's not Miami. It wasn't like that.
Speaker 2: It was you know, almost everybody was just kind of in their own group of friends and doing their own thing. Maybe they noticed us from Afar, but.
Speaker 3: They're like, who are those tall guys? You know, two six for five guys Jabroni's.
Speaker 2: They're from the Jewish Basketball League's Jabroni is like a squid, like a wet noodle.
Speaker 1: Grabroni is something that you're like kind of floppy, Like you're so tall that you're just like weird looking.
Speaker 3: No, you're like a goofball, You're like a you're corny, you're kind of a weirdo.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Gibroni is a loser. Jayne the Rock Johnson used to call people jibbroni's with his character of The Rock. Yeah, on his wrestling career, he'd call you like you little Jibbroni, Wow, and it's like, you're kind of a loser.
Speaker 1: I'm learning things, learning new things all the time. I love hanging out with the young people.
Speaker 3: We'll keep you on teach some things.
Speaker 1: Tell me, so okay, I'm gonna try to stay on topic. Carl, tell me the kind of girl you're looking for. And obviously it doesn't matter because in the end you're going to say all of these things, and some they're just going to show up and you're gonna die a little bit inside and then that will be that. But what do you think you're looking for?
Speaker 2: You know, I appreciate that's not a requirement though, I think just a healthy relationship with alcohol or other substances. But I mean, honestly, like I've I'd like to think that I could date someone that has a healthy relationship with alcohol. I still love being social.
Speaker 3: She likes benefits and her mushroom goffees.
Speaker 2: Functional benefits in her drinks.
Speaker 1: What does that mean?
Speaker 3: That's a soft bar thing.
Speaker 1: He's trying to mushrooms at the softbar.
Speaker 2: Healthy mushrooms not psychedelic.
Speaker 1: I don't give a ship what they are as long as they make.
Speaker 2: You, They make you happy, make you feel good. We certain no, not psychic at all. It's adaptogen and new tropic mushroom. People take them every morning as like a morning you take vitamins in the morning.
Speaker 1: Do you hear good things about mushrooms telling you?
Speaker 2: Quote me right now, every major hospitality, coffee shop, bar in the next five years is going to have a mushroom drink on the menu.
Speaker 1: Heard it here first, I'm writing it down around it.
Speaker 2: It's changing like people have it in drinks canned beverages. Now, when when you walk into a bar or a coffee shop, you'll be able to add that into your beverage a functional ingredient.
Speaker 3: I love that. I would love to find something I could do that's not alcohol that makes me feel like socially like am out. Yeah, but I'll take a small gummy or smoke like a pen or something if I'm out. But it doesn't do the same thing alcohol though. Yeah, yes, maybe it's functional mushrooms.
Speaker 1: Right, Maybe you.
Speaker 2: Were asking what I'm looking for in a woman and we got into mushrooms. It's talk about when I.
Speaker 1: Can always be sidetracked if you're going to talk about anything of a loucinogen, what I'm looking for.
Speaker 3: Or what I'm like.
Speaker 2: Intelligence is important to me. I like someone that can hold a good conversation. I like some depth, like emotional intelligence where I've been through a fair amount of things. I don't want to trauma dump on someone the first two minutes, but but I will. But yeah, well, there are inherently some things that have been very public about my life, you know, certain things that people know me for to some degree. You know, I've been through some stuff and I I'm not expecting someone to like baby me or anything, but someone who can have some grace and understanding around someone, Honey.
Speaker 1: I'm not Listen, you're young to me, but like at thirty eight, there's no one that hasn't had that doesn't.
Speaker 3: Have stuff totally.
Speaker 1: So that's the good news. You're not going to meet a woman who has not been by thirty eight.
Speaker 2: But then outside of that, you know, I love it. I'm goofy. I'm a kind of a silly guy. I like to make jokes, and I want someone that can bring that out of me. So someone who's witty or funny, right, and someone who ambition. I like someone who's active and likes to work out. Uh. And then obviously physically, I mean I'm six to five, there is like a height cutoff for me because if I'm getting up to talk to you and I got to go, how are you harro? I like tiny?
Speaker 1: You like tiny?
Speaker 3: Yeah, he likes doing that.
Speaker 1: Okay wait wait wait wait okay, so but yet so physically as you can't just stop there. So hopefully tall ish so not doesn't have to be someone could be five to five.
Speaker 2: I dated like five eleven in college. I dated some Syracuse women's volleyball players. But as I've gotten older, I mean five seven, five eight around that I think fits really well in tiny for me is like five six.
Speaker 1: By the way, really that's tiny. That's not tiny. Yeah, that's me actually so and no one's ever called me tiny so physically. Also, just elaborate for a moment.
Speaker 2: I'd like to I've had this thought in my head that a brunette would look really good.
Speaker 1: With me with you, because it's about how somebody would.
Speaker 2: Look with you, right, I mean, I think you're I've always been attracted to brunettes. However, I have dated blondes. I'm attracted them all colors, shapes and sizes, yes, but in this particular moment I'm looking for, I think brunette. Okay, I really like light eyes.
Speaker 3: Really notice that common theme doesn't matter, blonde or burnett.
Speaker 2: What color are your eyes? Like a brown hazel?
Speaker 1: My daughter has uh, blue eyes, but we already discussed that that's not going to happen for you, my friend.
Speaker 2: Okay, And I'm going to add one last thing that I'm looking for. I do appreciate someone that doesn't necessarily they can put on makeup and get dulled up, but for their core, like without it, they're very pretty and just naturally, you know, look good. Yes, they could write I think you know, I've I just would like that.
Speaker 1: I guess you want to wake up in the morning and get like fucking scared, right right.
Speaker 2: Well, I think is that scared? I think just some people could look like I think women are very pretty without makeup on or post workout or I know it's every guy says that, right, you know, like just with your sweatpants all you're so hot.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: However, I think women don't realize, like when you get all dulled like you know many jacket blazers dressing. Yeah, I have to literally get a dry clean twice because all the makeup that's all over my ship.
Speaker 1: Like women, I know you weren't I know you weren't.
Speaker 2: All right, jess uh my type?
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, my type. I haven't really figured it out a lot of the things Carl said. I need somebody intelligent, somebody sweet and cute and just like a good mother to my future children, somebody that wants kids and active works out.
Speaker 1: So here's my question. Do you think about the women that you have had relationships with, do they fit that mold what you just described.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for the.
Speaker 3: Most part, but there's some things missing, I would say, Okay, And it also wasn't the right time.
Speaker 2: Okay I was too young, Yeah, I would say I would flip it. I wasn't ready for you know, my previous relationships. They certainly may have had those qualities, but I wasn't the version that they were looking for.
Speaker 3: In return.
Speaker 1: I always think that, like, no matter what the timing is, no matter what your requirements are, like when something happens, when like the pheromones start popping and everything else goes away, all the all the different rules. But let me ask you this, because I asked Wes about West about this, So are you guys attracted to Himen? Usually? So he was saying he likes the chase the key would prefer even though we didn't like it, maybe in the moment, but he does better with women that do put up a bit, Yes, of a challenge, don't get they We shouldn't put it like that. But yes, yes, yes, you.
Speaker 2: Have to work to work.
Speaker 3: If I say that, it does it matter how quickly you hook up with someone, whether that's proven true or not.
Speaker 1: Is another Well you tell me from your own experience.
Speaker 3: I mean, listen, everybody likes a little bit of a chase, But that's not to say that if I hooked up with somebody like two dates in, I couldn't actually really like them and have a relationship with them.
Speaker 1: Well two dates in is holding out these days? I feel like so in a little bit now, Okay.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would say having sex on a first date is rare.
Speaker 1: Really you went to college.
Speaker 2: Well, you don't go on like super formal dates in college, right, I think you have to go out. Yeah, it's like a one night stand. You just meet someone and the pheromones are rushing. There isn't a date at all. It's just back to your place, maybe a minor hangout and the sleeping because it.
Speaker 1: Felt it feels like to me, like my both my kids now graduated from college. But I don't know when I would go there, even when I would like be around their friends, Like everybody was just slipping in and out of beds and it was like a different time. I mean, I don't know.
Speaker 3: Well, hook up culture is prevent culture. Yeah, it's thing, but it shifted.
Speaker 2: I mean not to date myself too much, but I mean Facebook was started my freshman year I was at Syracuse University. I had a friend who went to Harvard who had told me about it, but it didn't His name.
Speaker 1: Isn't he the one the event?
Speaker 2: It was Tyler Winklevoss.
Speaker 1: Oh what right? One of those twins, the.
Speaker 2: Twins whose idea originally was right. But they're doing really well. They have cryptocurrency.
Speaker 1: How do you know this?
Speaker 2: Why do you know that?
Speaker 3: So much stuff?
Speaker 2: Gemini, Billboard and Times. I pay attention to everything. Okay, Harvard Facebook. So sophomore year at Syracuse Facebook landed because you had to have a university email to get an account, and Facebook only started in the northeast Ivy League schools and like Cornell, Syracuse and like Battle, when Facebook came on campus, it changed everything for hook up culture. You could poke people, you could see what looked like poke they you could see the sorority cruise right. You could identify people that you wouldn't otherwise meet unless you actually went up to them in real life and said, who are you? Right, you now have all this information, So I believe it all changed at that point.
Speaker 1: Don't you think that that's like what we were talking about a little bit before. But like, that's part of the issue is meeting like this whole swipe culture, right, and not being able to actually talk to someone and look them in the eye.
Speaker 2: And you know, well, I think it goes for like professional careers. Yeah, I mean I get emails sent to me, and the communication quality it's pretty poor. I mean obviously with texting and shorter communications, but like if you can speak well and write well and communicate like professionally and personally, you're going to have a pretty good life. These days, we're.
Speaker 3: Talking about people being alone by themselves and not being able to hook up with people, and now we're saying there's hookup culture.
Speaker 2: There's just like different.
Speaker 1: Types of different right. No, I'm not I'm not loyal saying anything. We're just shooting the ship. But what I'm thinking is that in college there I think it's a huge hookup culture after college when you're young and you're single. But I think that there are a lot of men now and that are having a hard time because they're not many people hook up cultures, just the way in which people meet each other.
Speaker 2: In the app, I was just saying, I think a lot of men at least. What I am just being completely honest, Like there's a lot of porn. Instagram to some degree is soft porn. So you have all this oh you're watching I mean, look at our the girls of Summerhouse. How far our girls look amazing like it? Do you see Instagram pictures that aren't porn?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: The girls, all the girls, all the girls get such good rate. What I'm saying is Instagram in a weird way is not unlike soft porn to some degree. Yes, no, but everybody wants it in real life. Agreed. But I think for men that become you get so accustomed to like being on this app, and like you lose the ability to generate a genuine in real life connection, not only because you already have all this information, but like just actually asking someone a question, learning, where are you from? Where'd you go to school?
Speaker 1: I guess what can ignite this?
Speaker 2: You already have it all here? Yes, and if you like so, I think men, unfortunately, if you don't get off social you're going to struggle in dating.
Speaker 1: I agree.
Speaker 2: I mean, you need to be on there so you're not a serial killer. But if that's how you're only going to like find or search for people, I think it's going to be a challenge.
Speaker 1: Well you Also, this guy also says that like you need to when you're young, go out there, like make bad decisions, screw it up. Like meet girls.
Speaker 2: Yeah, ask someone out and fall on your face and.
Speaker 1: Fall on your face and get rejected and ask someone else, ask someone out again. Like, I think that's a big part of it, and.
Speaker 2: It's it's easy to be social in New York especially.
Speaker 3: You can literally just go outside of your house if you don't like to drink, join a kickball league. You know, there's plenty to do for everyone.
Speaker 2: Kickball, kickball, leak the summer house. Yeah, West put together summerhouse.
Speaker 1: Guys are dorks? Do you say kickball league?
Speaker 3: Hey?
Speaker 2: Girls like you Wes no dog wow. No, It's just like an easy game everybody can play well, I think, with Jesse also adding to in New York and this is again something I see happening is how people are gathering as groups of friends. The days of going to the nightclub till four in the morning are shifting. Yes, people still do that, but friends and people that are trying to connect with each other are joining run clubs, They're joining community groups, yoga classes, berries, boot camps, kickball leagues because it's something that's not just at a bar.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: Well, what happens at these kickball games is what do you do after the game? Go to the door, hang out. So it's social, it's it's how people meet each other.
Speaker 3: That's my issue with New York is I feel like all there is to do is eat and drink, and obviously there's museums and other stuff, but I think just like the amount of space you have here just kind of makes me feel closet.
Speaker 1: I mean in terms of what, like you can't go on a hike, yeah, because I'm min's like, what else is there to do but eat and drink and like kind.
Speaker 2: Of go like to Upstate New York and go for a hike, but I'm just not going to right. I think the city does like not to make it about like I think when the city can have another side to it. And I didn't know that until actually like stopped drinking. The museums, the art, the concerts.
Speaker 1: You do that stuff.
Speaker 2: Now I still do all of that, but it's actually way more enjoyable because you don't realize how much is in front of us. Where I was the previous ten years in New York soho clubs, West Village bars, Brooklyn after hours, I didn't I never been to Central Park sober Wow until.
Speaker 3: Twenty twenty one.
Speaker 2: What were you doing in the park, drug drinking in Sheep's meadow, having a great time like most people do. But I never had an experience with New York, like just realizing, Oh, like I went to a Broadway show two weeks ago with my parents. I'm like, oh, like, this is like a what did you say? Book of Mormon? I heard that, but that I enjoyed it, But I will say Wicked is still better in my opening, I enjoy Wicked more. I love South Park, and when I watched Book of Mormon, it felt to me like a bizarre South Park live action episode. Interesting because the tone of the jokes and the singing. It feels like bigger, longer, and uncut, which is one of their best South Park movies early on.
Speaker 1: It's so funny because when I was your age is, but I lived in New York for like eleven years.
Speaker 2: And what neighborhood you live in?
Speaker 1: All over the place. I was taking garbage bags of clothes and moving from one shithole to the next, Like was your favorite years? Yeah? My favorite was my last one on forty sixth and second.
Speaker 2: And it was it's like Turtle Bay.
Speaker 1: It is right by like Spark Steakhouse, and uh, Smith and Lenski's right there. So anyway, I had this little hovel facing a brick wall. But it was the first one.
Speaker 2: Really is that a Jewish word? No, a Yiddish word.
Speaker 1: No, it means like a little hole, a little like shitty, little holly small. I mean, I don't know if somebody look it up.
Speaker 2: I was today years old when I learned to hovel. Wow, see that?
Speaker 1: What could happen to you?
Speaker 2: If you come on, just Jen, just gen you get the last.
Speaker 1: A small, squalid, unpleasant or simply constructed dwelling. That was my favorite place to live in this novel because it was also mine. I didn't have any room. It's at this point. It was the last place I lived in New York, and it was just I loved that it was small. And Jeff Wessel used to be like, I would keep my underwear and drawers like under the bed, like because there was just no room space for everything. But yes, and he was so pleased with himself when we got together and I moved into his place in Gottenburg, New Jersey. He thought he had saved me. I'm like, dude, I love that place like I would go back there today. It faced a brick wall. I didn't care. But like back in the day, it's a shame when you're young in New York sometimes and it's wasted on the young because that's what I did. I just went out and I went to Sheep's Meadow and got fucked up, and then I would would think about what club I was going to, where I was going to go that night. I was never I was always just like I had ten million different jobs, a different you guys have summer house. It's like a totally different thing. But I really wasn't passionate about anything except boys and like friends and whatever. And I missed it. I missed New York, you know what I mean. We were talking about moving back here potentially or getting like that's going. I can't even say that.
Speaker 2: One had a tear.
Speaker 1: I know what, I know what the word is.
Speaker 3: I have a lot of money for another home, yes.
Speaker 1: But I always feel like it sounds like it's going to be like a love nest. And I'm not implying that I'm interested in that term.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, I don't know who TikTok that works. In the last two years, but it came back. It's like, what the it's the only way people talk about their second home.
Speaker 1: Now, Yes, I feel so pretentious.
Speaker 3: There's a house on pas over a million dollars. Really, yes, I didn't know that might.
Speaker 1: Not be a facted up my whole idea now, Jeff Spcer, Wow, thanks, Yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Could maybe should go see if your hovel is still standing on forty second in six or forty six and second.
Speaker 1: But I loved it. It had a doorman, I felt safe. It was really cool. I absolutely loved that place. Both my kids now have places, and I called. I just actually stayed overnight right down the block here at a place called the Michael Angelo Hotels. Tonight did very well by me, for I want to say, it was like three hundred bucks, which is unheard of, unheard of especially during the holiday season. Very nice hotel.
Speaker 2: So you stayed over night last night?
Speaker 1: I did because I had an event last night. I had an event, an Israel event, and that I think I was telling you guys. Michael Rappport yes, yeah, okay, yeah, invited me to this thing was actually it was quite amazing. But yeah, yeah, well, I mean you should know him first. He was sing it and he didn't really invite me. I actually sent him a text and asked if he could get me in. So that's different, right, but uh, it's called One Israel the One Israel Fund. Anyway, So I said to Rachel, you know what I'm coming in. I'm just going to spend the night. I'm fucking paying for it. Okay. She's like, what do you mean. She's like, Mom, I don't, like, I don't have room for that. I'm like, I know you have room because I bought you the Queen size bed, so I know that there's room and I'm paying for half your rent. And she's like, but I'm just saying, Mom, that's fine, But like I'm going to be facetiming and like I don't sleep well and I'm probably gonna get high before I go to bed, and I just want times. I'm thinking, what is happening right now? I nobody helped me pay my rent. There was no one who was like picking out Linnet I took, I'm telling you, from each department. I could take a big hefty bag and I put it in the cab and I go to the next place that I could afford.
Speaker 3: It was none of this.
Speaker 2: I would have paid top dollar for. See you at the camera okay, getting out of your little hovel.
Speaker 3: Okay, your bag.
Speaker 2: It was exactly what it was.
Speaker 1: I'm not kidding. And then my son is just he looks at me like I'm saying something so inappropriate, like what do you mean you're going to stay here? Like that is so weird. And he's in law school, so we're paying a lot of his for a lot of his. It's all wrong, and I got nowhere to go. I want to come back.
Speaker 3: I want to come back as a fest kid.
Speaker 1: Yes, exactly, thank you. That's what I tell them all the time.
Speaker 2: I could afford the three hundred dollars hotel tonight.
Speaker 1: I know we're very rich, that's true.
Speaker 2: Well, if I could say when I had a small soho apart, when I first knew here, I had my mom stay with me. My dad would stay with me, but I wouldn't my mentality. My parents didn't have money like that, so they either were visiting me and staying with me, or they weren't visiting at all. Right, right, so I guess it. You know, I would feel terrible if I like, mom, you can't stay at mean, like, of course.
Speaker 1: Your mother obviously did something right, and I have done a lot of things wrong, something went very It.
Speaker 2: Took some time for this. I had to humble myself and actually like, look, you have a.
Speaker 1: Nice thing with your parents. I like seeing them on the show with you. Thank you really nice and so do you from.
Speaker 2: What I remember Jesse's parents, it's awesome show the mom's Yeah, support us.
Speaker 3: I love that I live in somewhat of a hovel right now, you do. I'm not embarrassed to say.
Speaker 1: I think that's a there's a song in there, Jesse Solomon? What is wait? What's the first song? What would Jesse saw? Where does Jesse Solomon live?
Speaker 3: That's an apartment in Williamsburg, the roommate and it's big and spacious.
Speaker 1: But it's like old Okay, but just by definition, you don't live in a hobble. You just said big and spacious.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but it's not ship. It's like a Brooklyn.
Speaker 2: It looks like a Brooklyn y kind of a factory. Actually makes it look sketchy. Yeah. What do you guys do?
Speaker 3: Well? I know what you do.
Speaker 1: Carl and I we're going to talk about I want to talk about softbar. But Jesse, so you are pursuing acting, singing the arts, right?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I would love to release an album this year's cool. I'm going to Yes, I've been recording music.
Speaker 2: I have this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's been so fun and I think it sounds great and everybody have shown it to really likes it.
Speaker 2: So I hope people like it as much as I do. And uh, what is it?
Speaker 1: What kind of music?
Speaker 3: It's kind of like electronic pop funk, like there's I'm trying it all, I'm seeing what I like.
Speaker 1: I love that you were studying this and you didn't just come up with it on summer House like this was actually Yeah, you didn't think wow like a lot of us do. Now I could be a pop star like I did when I picked up the guitar.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So hopefully it's work out that way.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because I know I understand music. I work for Amazon Live. I've got this consistent Amazon Live gig, which has been great because it's kind of like honing in my hosting chops.
Speaker 2: I just like doing it.
Speaker 1: What do you sell?
Speaker 2: Yesterday? I did one with my mom for like a holiday gift exchange. I did a spa day.
Speaker 3: It was like all cosmetics face stuff felt like page to soorbo. Yeah, just anything that boys or girlfriends will buy for their boyfriends.
Speaker 1: I love that. Oh I just had a question run through my head that I'm not going to say, and you should thank me for it.
Speaker 3: Oh, thanks, welcome and yeah, and then we do brand deals obviously, which you're super great.
Speaker 1: Is this for I don't know if it's still like this for you cross for me it is. I just did Jersey for two years and who knows if I'm ever going to again. But it was such an adventure, like it was like what is happening? And especially when I was fifty three when they cast me on it, and I was like, how is this to this day? Up like that, like what is happening? People come up to me and they're like, oh my god, I take a picture. I'm like, fuck, yeah, you want to take a picture with me? Yeah, you could absolutely do that, right, And like, I don't know, after all this time, I'm sure for because I've had I've seen some of my cast they get so bombarded, right, and I get it. And so I see one particular member of my cast who will go nameless or me nameless, hide once in an airport behind a plant because she didn't want to deal.
Speaker 2: With like all of the pants I understand the airport and she.
Speaker 1: Really got buried like she was she was wigging out a little. But I guess what I'm asking is, are you still well, Jesse? Are you still glowing from this? Like? Holy shit? Well, how did this happen to me?
Speaker 3: I feel bad when people come up to me and say like, I'm so sorry, I don't want to bother you. I'm like, no, this is awesome that people want to say hi to me, and like, you know, you go out to a bar. The point of going out is to be social. So I would rather have people who like me and want to talk to me come up to me and say hi, and you meet people, right, So no, I still like it obviously when you're like in an airport or you're destryed.
Speaker 1: But I mean, the whole idea of this, theat that you're famous now, is that just blow your Does it blow your mind?
Speaker 3: Still?
Speaker 2: I don't consider myself famous.
Speaker 1: I say that to I'm not you are, I'm not. But whatever, there's a difference.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's it's wild.
Speaker 3: The craziest thing for me is just the cancer survivors and people going through health issues. And Carl has the same thing with the sober community. But just the fact that I can impact somebody's life just by sharing my story and being open and the messages and what people say to me when they meet me is like like you help me get through this, and it's like such a heartwarming thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, what about you. It's not that deep for you. You just like the attention, right, No, it is.
Speaker 2: Actually I know it's for some time. I mean, I will say, like to your point, I mean, I'm it's amazing when people come up to you. I actually joke with them. I go the moment this stops happening is when I'm like, fuck right. I've always appreciated when people come up because what Jesse said, like, yeah, a fair amount of people have approached me and expressed you've helped me get through something really difficult, or you inspired me to make a change, or a sibling who was struggling. I've had some I've had people stop me on the street and give me hugs, and it still that blows me away. And I still do shock that I've made any impact on anyone. You know, I've shown you what not to do.
Speaker 1: So yeah, but guess what, But should it be said that.
Speaker 2: What keeps me energized and excited about what we get to do here. Yes, you open your lives up. There's a lot of things that are uncomfortable sometimes with this experience. But if you can change one person's day or life, like, that's what it's all about. Wow, And I I really care deeply about that now. I wish I could be more helpful. Honestly.
Speaker 1: You guys are way better people than I am. I just like being famous get early on in this.
Speaker 2: Program, Like I've been on Summer House for nine years now. Yeah, I know the first it wasn't always like this. The first season, people recognize that's a little I'm tall, and Kyle and I would were still best buddies.
Speaker 3: We go out all the time.
Speaker 2: But it wasn't until like the third season when it kind of like brand deals were coming. We didn't brand duals the first two seasons, right, we paid, We buy our own alcohol in Summerhouse.
Speaker 1: I heard that it's changing a little bit though, that kind of thing, like.
Speaker 2: It's evolved a lot, But the first three years were just it was like a backyard football team just liking to play football with each other. Like we didn't know we were making a show. We didn't care. We were just partying, letting loose and having fun and then we go back to our regular lives.
Speaker 1: Did you want to be famous when you were younger?
Speaker 2: Do you have? Yeah? I always wanted to be in front of a camera, me too.
Speaker 3: Did you just I didn't really. Yeah, that's why I chose to go into the music business. Rather than like getting this singing degree and being like, I'm going to go try to make it as a singer, I was like, I want control over my fate. And then I had a terrible time. I mean, I love the music business. I worked in finance for a while. I still do a little bit right, but it's just like it's a job. It's a way to make money. It's not like my passion. But I do like entertaining people, and I feel good in front of the camera.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I feel like I was meant to be here. I just it's not something I always wanted. You know.
Speaker 1: When I before I started on Jersey, I had a long talks with my therapist. I guess they're not talks, they were actually sessions, so I was paying for them. Yes, I'm like her and I would go to lunch. It wasn't like that. It was like I gave her money and she tried to help me through my manic feelings about going on to reality TV. But and we had to like really look like like why am I doing this? Why do I want to do this? And what is the draw? Because at the draw she would say to me, if fits money and fame doesn't really always work out well when that is what's driving you as opposed to what Like I so I want to I like making people laugh. So I'm always I'm just a mess, and I've always been a hot mess. People have always laughed at me, and I like it. I don't care if you're laughing with me or at me, just like I like to make people laugh. And so that was like part of what I wanted to do. I think I did a better job of it on my first season. But also, like people sometimes say to me, you can't be this all the time, but it's like sometimes you're the voice of reason. I was like, I like the idea of going onto this show and like maybe saying something I don't know that would like mediate like what are my what is my purpose here? But like when you think about that, you know, going on was it? Did you think to yourself. I guess you thought this will just be fun, but do you have do you have ideas? Or this is going to make me famous that's what I really want?
Speaker 3: Or I mean, I'll say like this.
Speaker 2: When I first discovered this, I mean, Kyle and I had been friends. It's a true story. I was at my dentist's office and he knows Kyle and Everett and who were my friends. And I had heard about this house happening and I sho to be on the show. And I reached out to Kyle and say, yo, what are you guys doing this summer. He's like, we're going to do this thing. We have extra spot if you want to join it, get out. So yeah, Like early on, I remember talking to Kyle and his thing was, Dude, we're already doing this anyway. We're having fun on the weekend, we're partying. But maybe there's something that could happen with this. We didn't know at all what that would be. But I appreciated Kyle kind of he pushed me because I wasn't necessarily like yeah, I goun ho. I was like, well why and he's like, it's not all about partying, And that stuck with me. Forever. It's a platform. It's a party, but it's a platform, So what else could we do with this? So I thought at that point in my career I was in I worked for a medical company. I was an outside sales rep. I'd been sales rep at the year hit my quotas I was. But also it was a job I wasn't. I didn't want to be a career dental salesperson, so I was willing to take a chance. I didn't have a great relationship with my boss at the time, and I was like, I went to school for TV and film, I had acted and modeled. I love a mic. I like what Jesse said. I enjoyed when I could make someone laugh or be in front of a group, and it was like a thing. So I was like, what could go wrong? You know? And it to Kyle's point, he was like, there's more to this than just getting drunk. Yeah, So my original thing was like, let's have fun and see what could happen.
Speaker 1: You know, just think about how many guys your age would they shy a waveman or would they look like when I don't know, Jesse, how are you approached for it?
Speaker 2: I had met Kyle.
Speaker 1: Why are you laughing? Sorry, it's just tell me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was choking on my lavane cookie.
Speaker 1: Tell me, tell me.
Speaker 3: I had met Kyle like out in the city and then he, I think, told the producers about me and they messaged me on LinkedIn, and I knew of Summerhouse because I had been to the Hamptons a lot.
Speaker 2: So I was like, yeah, this is a popular show. Like I'll take the call.
Speaker 3: And I took the call, and I was like, listen, I'm probably not going to do this because I'm about to move back to Miami.
Speaker 2: You know, my job is great, but like, I am your guy for this.
Speaker 3: I was like, I'm tall. I talked to every girl at the bar. So I just thought, you know, it would be good for business. Of course, like we live in this digital world where having followers and marketing and eyeballs and all that. But yeah, I figured just at least sharing my cancer story would help other people going through something similar. I thought I wasn't expecting to have a cancer scare on national television, but you know a lot of people have like that anxiety going into those appointments and kind of connected it and resonated with that story. So yeah, I just I thought it would be generally good for like my finance career. I thought maybe I could like launch another company. I ran a company for four years called mickey Wow. That was a marketplace to buy and sell commodities. So I just thought maybe I could do like what.
Speaker 1: You just said. I knew you said something. You did something.
Speaker 3: We sold wood online to people and trying to punchline to this. No, no sold what super boring business.
Speaker 1: Yeah that sounds horrible. That was also in dental sales, by the way.
Speaker 3: I know, there's just so much good I had so many good one for people.
Speaker 2: You did.
Speaker 3: You can't handle the tooth?
Speaker 1: Oh god, wait all right, hold on. I feel very out of control. It's the whole presence of these two young men. They're too good looking, they're too charming, and I've lost my grip on just you.
Speaker 2: We're just talking.
Speaker 1: I know I need to get done like you to tell us about here.
Speaker 3: Yeah we won't.
Speaker 2: We don't need to take up all the time on the software piece, but I'll you all tell.
Speaker 1: A little bit about we would like to tell my millions and millions of viewers. H Yes, you know, to be successful. You came to the right place, get on Just Jen.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm you know, I launched a new business this past summer, which you'll you'll see a little bit about it, I hope, on the new season. But yeah, I'm still working with Kyle and the lover Boy team. Very proud of what we've built there. We launched a non alcoholic lover Boy last year, and through launching that, I realized there's still a huge opportunity in like an experience where you can go and drink morning, afternoon or evening really high quality non alcoholic drinks. So I've been you know, putting together a team and a brand and a vision and I built and stood up like a proper company. So we have a four wall location in Williamsburg, Brooklyn. It'll be open in this spring in May. We're still fingers crossed, but yeah, it's all about mindful consumption. So I didn't set out to create a sober bar, even though that's what every person thinks I did. That's not what I'm doing because a lot.
Speaker 1: Now, what would be bad about doing that?
Speaker 3: Sober bar is very niche.
Speaker 2: It's just for sober people, and I want everybody to come to what I'm opening up because I believe not everybody's comfortable saying that they're sober or not. I want every just to feel good about the quality of the beverage and the space that's there. There are sober bars. I go to them, but they're weird. Yeah, it's not a place that is someone who maybe is thinking about sobriety whatever want to go to.
Speaker 1: It's like a meetings.
Speaker 2: It feels like an AA and again, I love AA. It saved my life, but I wanted to say something that was for everyone and funny enough, I'll leave you with this last data point. But like, statistically, the people that still buy non alcoholic beverages ninety four percent of sales are two people that still drink alcohol. Really, so when you're building a company for ninety four percent or six percent, six percent of the people that literally don't drink at all, or the ninety six who still drink but also buy all these products. Yeah, so that was important to us when we're creating this kind of vision that and that's soft bar and nutshell, but.
Speaker 1: Is also you're not talking about the so.
Speaker 2: We've yeah, we've got amazing like slogans and taglines.
Speaker 1: Oh, I just think it's important because I was gifted my favorite hat. Today, I gave Jen.
Speaker 2: One of our really cool merchandise pieces. We do have merch, which I will say, if you're following a brand on Bravo or one of the people from our show or other shows, we all launch merch because it's a huge way to fund and support. Well, yes, for us, it's to support our business right because merch is a way for everybody across the country to access your brand if you don't live in New York City or wherever your business is. So we've been really lucky with the merch sales. What you're wearing today, it says here, comma you are. It's all about being present and the way the comma and the period are integrated, being ten toes down, being present, being mindful here that it's also I love Star Wars and Yoda, and if you know Yoda, the way his style of speak, he like reversus words.
Speaker 1: But it's super I'm thinking of I was thinking of the Big Fat One.
Speaker 2: That's a classic, classic something Yoda would say. There is no try only do wow.
Speaker 1: But the way I wonder too that from Nike, or you think you got it from Yoda.
Speaker 3: Yoda, just do it.
Speaker 2: Yoda is a tremendous character on film, and his quotes and how he speaks is one of the most unique things.
Speaker 1: Really, we are learning things.
Speaker 3: Hmm.
Speaker 1: Okay, Jess.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: The only thing I will plug is I have a partnership with the American Cancer Society and we're about to do a merch collab and all proceeds go to the American Cancer Society.
Speaker 2: Did you do one this past summer too?
Speaker 1: That?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: That was that didn't have like, it wasn't a true partnership. I just donated some of the money to them. Okay, but this is like their logo, my logo WWJSD.
Speaker 1: So Solomon, we do do what would look coming together for me? Now? So I'm going to ask this. I hope they don't embarrass myself. And I'm assuming right now you are cancer free.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thank god, thank god.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm so happy to hear that.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Knock on my one nut. Yeah, knock on wood.
Speaker 1: I knew a guy with one nut.
Speaker 3: I liked him.
Speaker 1: You like me back?
Speaker 2: I liked him just fine.
Speaker 1: No, I thought one was plenty.
Speaker 2: Problem I got too, if you count the fake one.
Speaker 1: They give you fake nuts.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I just woke up and I was like, did I get a fake get the.
Speaker 1: Hell out of here?
Speaker 2: Really? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Why women love nuts that much? Or men love nuts?
Speaker 2: I guess for the men, right.
Speaker 3: It's like, for like, if you looked at my schmeckel, you wouldn't be like, oh, that guy is one nut, but if you have only one, it kind of like hangs in the got it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it gives it more of a symmetrical Yes, there's nothing wearing one shoe and not wearing one shoe.
Speaker 1: Okay, I can hear that. I don't know. I'll tell you I like the guy. I should write a song. I liked a guy with one nut and he didn't like me back.
Speaker 2: That's powerful.
Speaker 1: That is powerful.
Speaker 2: Well, I will say I really having Jesse's share. I didn't know obviously his story fully until after he shared that. But for someone who's also shared some very personal things and you know, some challenging moments in our life, I really appreciated him not only sharing that for the group and getting to know him better, but also with the impact he could have on the people that watch our show. And I see it on social and I see what he's done. And we did an event you'll see on the new season it's just powerful, Like we were with cancer survivors and people that I mean, they're fighting really hard, and he's using his platform and his story to not only help other people but inspire other people. Because it's this happens in sobriety too, when you see someone else who's gotten through something or already entered the door you're about to enter, and it gives them a little bit of confidence and faith that they can get through it too. And I know he's done that for people. Yeah, and listen, my story is a happy one. It has a happy ending, and not everybody is so lucky. So we just try to do what we can to kind of inspire hope.
Speaker 1: And I have one of my best friends past of ovarian cancer going back quite a few years ago, thank you. And but I have a friend who will be fine, thank God, is fighting cancer. Net cancer sucks and it just changes everything. And I'm proud of you, proud of you happy.
Speaker 2: I mean, he's literally saying, he's say doing that and it's massive. So yes, love you, brother, I love you, brother, I appreciate it. I have a couple of questions for you, Jim.
Speaker 1: Oh good, I love that really Yeah, Oh my goodness, what.
Speaker 2: Do you look? Yeah? Go for it? Who is what is your Who is your favorite person on Bravo besides Andy Khen? Do you watch other Bravo shows?
Speaker 1: I watch every No, that's not true.
Speaker 2: I don't watch every besides Summerhouse?
Speaker 3: What other like?
Speaker 2: What's your favorite?
Speaker 1: Not including Summerhouse? Not including Okay, because you know we were gonna yeah, knew you to say it wasn't going to be you. But I love you to death, Jesse. But I have a special place in my heart for this. He was just so sad looking at the Belta Lounge.
Speaker 2: Hey, I'm a diamond medallion. Now are you watching?
Speaker 1: Which is weird because I have a house. We have a house in Charleston, So I don't know why I don't watch Southern.
Speaker 2: Charm, But I do you watch like Salt Lake?
Speaker 1: I am obsessed.
Speaker 2: It's pretty fire.
Speaker 1: You guys both watch it? Do you watch House at all?
Speaker 2: Only Salt Lake? For whatever reason?
Speaker 1: Remind me not not to self. Don't buy Jesse.
Speaker 2: Back on that. I've seen some Jersey check out. It's okay, I gotta go to peak.
Speaker 1: I didn't see the song, No, I got to watch. Yeah, I didn't know a song yeah, okay, anyway, sorry, so my favorite person.
Speaker 2: Like character, it doesn't necessarily you have to be something friends with him. Just wondering who entertains you the most, son Bravo.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. I mean there's just like it's so, you know, who I really love. I don't know if she's entertains me, but who I want to come back as Lisa vander Pump. I would. I used to just watch her and think, First of all, she looked do you guys know who Jacqueline Smith is? There's this look about Lisa right well, but there's this look about Lisa vander Pump with her with the hair and the I think she is so funny and so beautiful and so she had a royal thing. Absolutely, it is very funny and cool and cool and self deprecating and like just I just I want to say I aspire to a Lisa Vanderpump. So, now if you're asking me who do I like love, that's like currently on. I mean, I love all those Salt Lake girls. They are amazing, They're funny, they are so okay, all right, let's you know what the truth is. And I didn't love this person until my producer from Jersey told me how much he loved this person and he convinced me. So, I don't know. It was weird. It's like, don't you get it? Don't like I wasn't really getting her. Lisa Barlowe effing love her. I think she is so do you know who she is?
Speaker 2: I met her at the fan fest shoes funny.
Speaker 1: She is so because she I like people that make no apologies and it's like so cliche, be authentic, but it's true, Like Lisa is she doesn't get like this is who she is and she is a snob and she is a brat and she owns it and she doesn't like she's not mean, but she can't help it. Like I'm sorry, I broke up, beautiful, what do you want from me? Like that's just who I am?
Speaker 2: And commercial with them, and I had met Lisa a little bit, but not you know, I didn't have any kind of great experience, not bad or anything. But they were telling me how amazing Lisa was. Yeah, and had so much fun doing the Wendy's commercial. Really, and I saw it and it's a funny commercial. It's like Lisa's the therapist and Kyle Emander in like a counseling office for a it's a Wendy's.
Speaker 3: Ad they did.
Speaker 2: I mean Lisa was great. Kyle Amanda were great too, so they raved about her after that.
Speaker 1: My producer, so his name, well he's not producing my show anymore because there's no show, but his name is Chris de Rosa, and he's just you guys know how you get with the producer sometimes where you just I fell so madly in love with Chris de Rosa. He was like my person. And he was like, you know, a young guy, thirty something, and I'm calling him like a little bitch, like every all day, every day, like whining about stuff, and.
Speaker 2: Well I do. I was a little bit.
Speaker 1: See fifty six year o women they're just like you.
Speaker 2: So but he's fifty.
Speaker 1: I think I like Jesse better than calling.
Speaker 2: I haven't brought up age at all. I just say thank you, thank you, thank you. That's impossible.
Speaker 1: So okay, So but like I love him. What was my part? Oh? But he was so nervous. He told me the first time he met Lisa Barlow, this is a guy who produced all of Old New York. This is a producer that has done his like he's been there he knows everybody. He said he started shaking when he met Lisa Barlow. He became so overwhelmed. And think about it, we're like and study. We didn't go to act I went to acting school, but like we didn't. This is not one of the actors. People don't get that. You don't get so I did go. I wasn't a good actress. But but I'm saying, like people get like shaken, you know. And so when he told me that, that's when I sort of like looked at her differently, And now I'm just obsessed. I love her? Who is yours? Who is your favorites?
Speaker 2: I've really enjoyed a couple of different people. One I also, I actually really like I'm not gonna I think Madison on Southern Charm has been very enjoyable.
Speaker 1: Does she know that you feel this way?
Speaker 2: I mean we're friendly, Oh, we've.
Speaker 1: Friendly, friends, are friendly?
Speaker 2: She's married.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, sorry sorry Madisine.
Speaker 3: No, that is cool.
Speaker 2: Like I think she's funny on Southern Charms.
Speaker 1: Got it?
Speaker 2: She she has a she can deliver some some real good stuff. And then trying to think who else that's I mean Kyle Cook on Summerhouse always so I had.
Speaker 1: He's a perfect example of somebody that I watching the show and I can't. I didn't watch it consistently, but I've enough to know who Kyle is and then meeting him. I met him at Jen Guyser. There was dinner honoring Jen Guyser. Kyle was there and that was such a different experience, like meeting him as opposed to being a viewer. I like that kid. He's he's so he was so sweet.
Speaker 2: Kyle's great and you might get some he has like a lot of he's a lot of fun. I mean, I would argue he's the most fun person I've ever partied with.
Speaker 3: And he brings a lot to what we do. He likes to talk about business, so he has that other great side conversationalist.
Speaker 2: Yeah really great.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well you don't see you don't watch Housewives name do you watch any other Brava.
Speaker 3: I watched last season of Southern Charm. I watched last season of Southern Hospitality. Okay, I mean we're friendly with Craig, but.
Speaker 1: I like people any girls on any of the other shows that you.
Speaker 2: I'm close with Shena. I love Sena and I love Brock. I've always been oh yeah, Tom Schwartz. Yeah, people seem to hate him. I love How do you hate that? Guys like the nicest, kindest people I haven't watched texted me. He's like, hey, but I just bought some softbar merch. I just want to let you know. It's like thanks, I would have sent you to like he bought it, Like.
Speaker 1: I have to tell you, like I never get when people like do that, they start to hit. But that guy, he's like a Wes Wilson, Like you feel like you just want to pet him. He's the cutest little things.
Speaker 2: Great. I like Tom a lot. I think there must be a reason he did. He must have done something bad. I mean, sometimes it's the company you keep around you that can be a reflection of you sometimes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but any girls on any of the shows that you want to meet, there's one.
Speaker 2: There's a girl in the valley that's dropped dead gorgeous.
Speaker 3: I think, really, I think I'm married.
Speaker 2: She is married, but she's just gorgeous. She was she was a pageant.
Speaker 3: Miss.
Speaker 1: I ask if you want to meet them? So now you want me to You want to meet a woman who's married? No, I thought you said who yet, Yes, you want to meet them.
Speaker 2: I'm actually trying to branch outside of the Bravos here a little bit more.
Speaker 1: That's my boy, so you know, that's my boy and I dated a.
Speaker 2: Little bit in the network, So it's good to Yes, Jesse is learning what it's like dating within the show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Jesse, do you go to Bravo Con last year?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Oh, they are going to eat you up alive.
Speaker 3: That's what people said about FanFest and nobody ate me.
Speaker 1: FanFest is not the same thing. What hold on? Okay, wait, let me just readjust okay, we're not going to play.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I wasn't even there, so I heard about it looked fun.
Speaker 1: But oh yeah it was a lot of Miami cast.
Speaker 3: Like housewives actually want to like hook up with the summerhouse boy.
Speaker 1: There's more than just housewives, first of all, No, I mean do I think that maybe, yes.
Speaker 2: Yes, there are some I've had over my years on being in this network. I've had there are housewives that are no longer on the Housewives shows, but I've been out late at night with or listen.
Speaker 1: I mean I think that there are when housewives are single. You didn't used to be right, these have to be married. Well, Bethany I guess wasn't. But like, if you're going to Brava Khan and there are these gorgeous young men there, the answer is yes, they want to hook up with summerhouse boys. I don't they want to marry them or you know, have babies with them.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I'm kind of like, I don't know. It's if you're in the same world a little bit. It almost kind of gives like a co sign, Yeah, like you're okay, it can't be that bad. Yeah, he's in the Bravo world too, but be careful because they're the crossover. I'll give you an example back in you know, twenty sixteen, when first film the first season a Summerhouse. That's when we met the Vanner Pump. Sheena and I were friendly, and then I hung out with her again in twenty seventeen. But like that got like publicly picked up that we had hung out.
Speaker 1: And did you I mean, I don't know. Now it's like you is hanging out having sex.
Speaker 2: Well, I we didn't actually have sex, but I said we hook up, but everybody assumed that was sex and then it was a whole thing.
Speaker 3: But she and I were cool.
Speaker 2: But what I'm getting at is that was publicized outside of Van or Pump's show and Summerhouse's show. It was just public that shit, of course, so you have like it just created more stuff. I mean it wasn't on purpose. I never We had a late night at a bar in New York and then went home together in it. From there, people are like asking, what's going on with Karl and Chena? But I was back in like twenty seventeen, twenty eighteen, and.
Speaker 1: What is going on with Carl?
Speaker 2: And we're still friends? But she got married and all that. But it's just funny.
Speaker 1: How is there anyone any of the show.
Speaker 2: Across across show hookups can blow up outside of that too.
Speaker 1: Listen, I think that's part of the fun, right You kind of want that.
Speaker 2: Little I think some people do. But I have to learn dating inside this world can be very polarizing and challenging something. Yeah, I totally underestimated how hard it would be.
Speaker 1: Really, Yeah, I share.
Speaker 2: I have a lot of respect for the husbands and wives, the Kyle's, the amandas who put it all out there. But also it stays strong. I mean it's not easy.
Speaker 1: No, it's not any regrets about this past season specifically, m.
Speaker 2: You know, I do I do something that I apologize for profusely, but.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it wasn't anything that was, in my opinion, so unforgivable that.
Speaker 1: Well was it another people's minds very unforgive.
Speaker 2: No, it'll be okay, Yeah, it'll be fodder for It'll be fodder for a bit, but okay. The short term memory of a lot of this has actually been pretty surprising to me, just because I, you know, I put a lot out there and people remember me for certain things and then literally forget, like things that I thought are very obvious about me.
Speaker 3: It just is what it is.
Speaker 1: I want to imagine. I also like going back and now with you and the woman who will whose name Remi rhymes with Schnindsey. So that person, like, what is it like to had to know and have in your head that you're gonna have to go and be back in that space? And I've done that for Wes and he was with that beautiful woman for a very lunch you know, Blitz.
Speaker 2: Well, one thing the difference is this, I was friends with Lindsay for many years before we got together, so we had a foundation of friendship. Oh right, remembering from twenty sixteen, I met Lindsay and very close as friends and continue to be very close friends. Then obviously we started dating, so I had a lot of time and I still care about her and wish the best for her.
Speaker 1: So I a weird cares about you and whisch is the best for you?
Speaker 2: No, No, that's that's why. That's why I pray for her though you know I want, I hope. That's how I release everything for me is by offering grace and praying for her because I really do want the best for her, and that's how I can go live my life now. Just give her a little bit of you know, wish you the best, and then go focus on what I got to get. Didn't she say in the trail, She's like, I don't want well, anybody who says that.
Speaker 1: Is the person you pray for, you're a better man than I am.
Speaker 2: It's I have a sponsor, I work, I worked steps. I talk about emotions and resentments and things that ultimately confess her and build up in your body, and it's important for me to address it. I'm not saying I'm not perfect at all, but when it comes to like a breakup.
Speaker 1: And normal and then in the world as we know it. You don't go back and live in the summerhouse with the with the ex fiance. I mean, there's nothing easy makes for great TV.
Speaker 2: Well, I was again, I had a lot of good friendships. My best friends are all in this house. Yes, it's very it was unique, but I think after the first you'll see, after the first kind of it, we kind of like Captain Nevin and.
Speaker 1: I mean, I don't know how it happened. I don't know what happened with West and Sierra and now Jesse. I have a feeling that I know who is going to be your love interest just from that little trailer. But like, are you now okay? You know what, I'm not gonna even do it because you probably can't talk about it and I'm not that kind of podcast host. Yeah, yeah, so we're gonna left anyway, what's her name?
Speaker 2: You'll see me date Lexi on the show, and she is a great girl.
Speaker 1: I'll let you know about that. Because now I have to be team Jesse. I got to get some girls in here, you guys.
Speaker 2: We got a books girls, the other the other half of the crew and the other girls.
Speaker 1: I would love that. I would love to get Kyle on also love you both. Thank you again. Happy happy Merry Christmas, Wanda, whatever it is that you celebrate, Happy New Years. Bye guys, thanks for listening.