Speaker 1: Time through that Super Bowl trophy and everyone thinks I caught that, but I can tell you this, I did not catch that Super Bowl Trophy. That was the other tight end. And if I can go back, I would actually redo that boat break because I was absolutely hammered and I don't actually remember much. But if that trophy did fall into the sea, I would have definitely let it go right then and there because I would have possibly drowned because I was out of my mind. But I would have definitely went back to or three days later. And when you know Scooba team immediately see diving to go get it with the scuba gear on. Here comes scuba Gronc going for the trophy and then you know, grab a couple of fish on my way up so we can grill out after as well.
Speaker 2: Welcome to Dudes On Dudes. I'm Julian Edelman, I'm.
Speaker 3: Rob Gronkowski and this is the show where your favorite dudes talk about their favorite dudes.
Speaker 1: It's Super Bowl week. We've all been waiting for it. And who are we talking about today? A dude who bawled out on his new team.
Speaker 2: He had a magical year.
Speaker 3: He went over two thousand yards this is like a Disney movie if they go and win the Super Bowl.
Speaker 1: A legendary coach that's becoming a super Bowl mainstay.
Speaker 3: There's always talks about how tough their practices are, and it's evident through how these teams have always played. He's a really good coach. I mean, three hundred wins.
Speaker 1: And we wrap it up with a special Super Bowl Hotline edition of Chilli's Dude of the Week presented.
Speaker 4: By Coors Light.
Speaker 2: Let's get into it.
Speaker 4: Dudes on Dudes is a production of iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Welcome to a.
Speaker 3: Very special Super Bowl episode of Dudes on Dudes presented by Coors Live.
Speaker 2: It's Super Bowl Week. What's your best super Bowl memory?
Speaker 1: My best super Bowl memory is when I won my first Super Bowl. You scored a touchdown. I scored a touchdown, Danny A. Moondola scored a touchdown, Brandon Lafalle scored a touchdown, and our boy Shane Verena out of the backfield, had like what like eight to twelve catches from what I remember, and on Tom that means he threw for four touchdowns. We were down, Seattle Seahawks were up. We came back. You scored the game winning touchdown. I scored one going into the second half on the two minute trail. It was one of the best super Bowls in history. That is my best super Bowl memory of my lifetime.
Speaker 2: Jewels, my favorite Jeers.
Speaker 4: What's your favorite super Bowl memory?
Speaker 5: Ah?
Speaker 3: I think after the first one when we all just got to soak it in for the first time, that was my favorite memory. Like that being on there the stage of flow Rider, but like in that lot in the locker room before you see your families, when you get to have time with you know, the coaches, the players, the doctors, the physical therapists, the equipment staff, guys, the whole organization that is in it day in and day out.
Speaker 2: Like those specific guys.
Speaker 3: Those are before you get to go back to the bus and the hotel to your face. You know, you get to sit there for a second and just feel that you got the job done. The job's done.
Speaker 1: And one of the best memories as well is after the game and they're just celebrating with your teammates and everyone's hugging each other, you know, giving each other's kisses on the cheek and crying and just to have your family members just coming running up to you It's like a movie scene and they're just smiling, just so happy for you and just come give you a big hug as well. So those are some great memories that will last for a lifetime. Jewels definitely.
Speaker 4: What do you think the Chiefs have to do to win?
Speaker 3: They got to do everything they've been doing the whole year, and that's just playing situationally tight football, scoring points in the red area, not beating themselves, and having those very opportunistic gotta have it plays that they always seem to make. You know, Travis Cose come through, you know, have a big game, run the football, Chris Jones, make us act.
Speaker 2: They just got to do what.
Speaker 3: They've been doing, beat themselves and Jules, what do you think the Eagles have to do to win this game?
Speaker 2: This big Super Bowl game?
Speaker 3: That is Eagles have to use Saquon Barkley. I mean that's what got them there. When they get that run established with that huge offensive line, no one under six foot eight except the center who's six foot two or six foot three, all large human beings. You use those large human beings and you run the ball, and that opens up everything else. If they stay on track, they have a good run game. Plan going in. Getting Saquon the carries, it opens up those play action passes and then they're gonna be able to win. It comes down to a gotta have it play when you're throwing the football. They're gonna have to be able to execute that. It's gonna be up to Jalen Hurt, Jaden Jalen Hurts and I believe AJ Brown and Devonte Smith have to come up and make these big plays, which they do. That's why they're in this game. Don't beat themselves. No turnovers from Jalen Hurts this year in the Super Bowl. I still have nightmares on the fumble pick sick or the fumbles scoop and score for a touchdown that I lost fifty thousand dollars on.
Speaker 2: Still have those nightmares.
Speaker 3: Need to take care of the football, run it and make those plays when they need to wow.
Speaker 1: With that being said, let's get into our first dude. This dude, standing at six foot and weighing two hundred and thirty four pounds, is a dynamic running back drafted as a second overall pick in two thousand eighteen to a team that almost ruined his career, and that he was smart enough to leave and that team was dumb enough to let him leave.
Speaker 4: It says it, No, it doesn't. It says it.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, that was not me.
Speaker 4: You cannot blame that on me.
Speaker 1: It's Ai is saying, jeez ay, I knows everything they do. He quickly established himself as a dynamic player known for his explosive speed and versatility, amassing over two thousand yards from scrimmage and his rookie season and winning Offensive Rookie of the Year. Throughout his sixth year career, he has earned three Pro Bowls. Born in the Bronx, he mainly grew up in Pennsylvania, playing high school football there and then committing to Penn State, where he was a two time Big Ten Offensive Player of the Year and was fourth in the Heisman voting in two thousand and seventeen. He considers himself the goat No. Of Connect Ford, of Connect four, with Christian McCaffrey being the only person who has beaten him Connect four. Let's get into Quadzilla say Quad Barkley, Qualm, Barkley Sat Quad Barkley Quad. Well, that's the first thing I think. This is his quads. It's how big and beastly and filling they are. And and just just how massive and and just explosive those quads are, and how he can step on any one and probably kill him if if he did. If he was in WWE, hold on, where's my hat? If he was in w W, they probably won't allow because you know those leg drops. He would do the sock quad Barkley leg drop, and it would be called the sock quad boom, and he would drop his quad and boom. The wrestler would be dead right on the spot. Yeah, what's the first thing you think of, Jordan?
Speaker 3: The first thing I think of is, Man, I can't believe I'm putting on a Philadelphia.
Speaker 4: You're right, hold on, I can't put the Philly hat on.
Speaker 2: I can't.
Speaker 4: I did really quick and then it bounced off my head.
Speaker 3: WHOA, I mean whatever, No, But the thing is I I you always thought he would be a giant for the rest of his life, and boy was at one giant loss. To lose squad Barkley, I mean, and to see him go out and do what he's doing this year with a really good football team, I mean, this is this is what you want for a guy like Saquon Barkley, because he's just a good ass, dude.
Speaker 2: I mean you look, you're looking the last.
Speaker 3: Game of the year or in the playoffs, the four minute situation breaks, a big run stops down, the whole team's like why didn't you score? And he's over here as long as we win. Like that's the kind of guy Saquan is. A player, team player. Got to hang out with him at a whole bunch of cool Thames.
Speaker 1: And actually makes it even more surprising and more hurtful to the Giants fan base that he was such a team player as well and they still let him go, still.
Speaker 4: Let him go? Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: I mean, who's calling the shots over there?
Speaker 1: I think I really don't want to blame Dable because I love Dable and he's like one of my favorite coaches of all time, but like he's the head coach, but like the head coach doesn't call the shots about who comes in and out as the players. I think you got to put it on the GM correct and kind of the owner as well, because the owner said he's going to not be able to sleep at night if Sakwan Barkley goes to the Philadelphia Eagles and then he goes to the Philadelphia Eagles, Well, you could have easily stepped in and offered about two three million dollars more just to keep you know, Sakwan Barkley on the New York Giants. So let me tell you for a second, this is this is my problem. He left because there was an argument over like five hundred thousand dollars or a million.
Speaker 2: Dollars, a million bucks, a million bucks?
Speaker 1: What twelve what is he getting paid twelve million dollars million or whatever, thirteen million dollars whatever it is, and the Giants offered him one less million dollars. Well, I can tell you this, he's still underpaid by at least ten million dollars. He is, and there was an argument about not paying them because of a million dollars with the Giants organization. He's got to really put it into perspective. Just think about that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's he's literally catapulted this Philadelphia team. He's that good of a football player. He's had that he had a magical year. He went over two thousand yards, regardless of how many games whatever. To go out there and put that performance on that he did this year coming from the rival team.
Speaker 2: This is like a this like a Disney movie. If they go and win the super Bowl.
Speaker 3: If they win the Super Bowl, I think Disney's probably gonna there's a Court Warner movie. So the Disney will make a freaking this movie.
Speaker 2: I feel, yeah. And it's just just a movie. This is a movie.
Speaker 1: It shows how great of a player he really was, because when he was with the Giants, he really had absolutely zero help.
Speaker 4: He had no line.
Speaker 1: There really wasn't any skill players around him. He had no really still no quarterback, and he's still.
Speaker 2: Hurt his knee. And then he came back. It took him a year to get right, and then he had a really good year last year.
Speaker 1: Like still ball, I'm talking ball and now that it just shows if you really want to thrive, if you really want to have the best year ever, it does take a team effort, but you just got to find that situation. He found that situation in Philly, and now his talents are even thriving to a whole other level because he has such a beastly line in front of him and he's got great coaching around him. He's got great players as well at the skill play at the skill position around him. That's why he went for over two thousand yards. You know, this sea and just a regular season. He's just a phenomenal athlete that is one of is one of the one of the athletes that you only see once per decade, once per every generating year, generational player, big time.
Speaker 2: Yeah you ever you ever hang out with him?
Speaker 4: I never hung out with say Kwan Barkley. I never have. I kind of wanted to.
Speaker 1: I just really want to see his quads and person, bro, I just want to look. I hope he has like short shorts on, like he's in the eighties, so I can just stare at him.
Speaker 3: I went to the I went to the I went to the met gala, and we ended up it was me, him and OBJ. We were all hanging out because we were, you know, the athletes there, and we had a great time. But I saw he was wearing a skirt. I would too if I had those goddamn quads in that. I was like, holy ship, I had nightmares. His squads were so goddamn big, and I saw the whole thing in like a skirt al regardless, it was like it looked like a skirt, but.
Speaker 2: It was crazy. We had such a fun time.
Speaker 3: He's an awesome dude, and that's why I love seeing him have this success. I remember we went, we got we were having some adult beverages, and me and Odell we've been in the league for a while by that time, and and we we wanted to want to go to McDonald's real quick. And he was like such a young kid, like, hey man, I don't eat McDonald's. You guys eat McDonald's.
Speaker 1: I was like, dude, those guys just McDonald's to the face and just.
Speaker 4: He wouldn't know.
Speaker 2: He didn't want oh, alright, he didn't want me, all right, all right.
Speaker 1: He was some great thumb discipline. And also what makes you great is just the way that he plays a game. He's powerful, he has great pat level as well. It's like he's like the perfect running back because like he's got size. He's not like his skin, he's thick, but he's also really shit. You know how hard that is to find a running back. I got thick and shifty. He's I mean, he's he's got great downfield vision as well. And as you can see this year, I mean, right when he breaks through the hole, he already knows he's going to the house.
Speaker 4: You could just tell.
Speaker 1: Because of that vision, he can see the whole entire field, the cutback lanes that he creates.
Speaker 4: You know, are impressed off.
Speaker 1: I mean, he's just an overall all around great running back, first second, third down, as well great work ethic, like you said, kind of. You just know he's great work ethic by the workouts that you see that are on the internet. Also the discipline, not eating McDonald's at two am, even being tipsy, and even with influences like you to trying to get him to eat mcdiland fel for it in a quick second, not even a nugget, and not even a nugget, not even a mcflurry.
Speaker 4: You kidding me?
Speaker 1: How can you not even have a spoonful of a mcflurry at two am? But what's most impressive about him, and what really you know, gets this offense to a whole other level for the Philadelphia Eagles is his big play ability. When you got big playability players in your team, that's why you're in championship games.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and he's got he'll he'll be remembered. He'll be remembered for as long as football is going because we all see these historic plays and these historical shots him doing a back reversal. Oh, freaking lounge hurdletle lunch thing over another human being that's a tall guy. That's gonna be remembered and it's gonna be played forever, Like just like when we see the immaculate reception with Frank o'harris or you know, one of the crazy hits by freaking uh Odell Beckham catch. You know all these crazy that's gonna be remembered forever.
Speaker 4: And you want to know it's crazy.
Speaker 1: It's like you play Madden like it's a video game, Like it's like exaggerated how talented these players are, no, not for not for sake on exactly, and like these moves that sometimes you can do when you hit all the buttons, like the guy does a move that you never seen before and.
Speaker 4: You're like, ah, that's unrealistic.
Speaker 1: Say Kwalm Barkley did such an unrealistic hurdle three sixty one eighty jump and landed it. That Madden didn't even have that in the game, and that Madden had to ad that play ad that.
Speaker 4: Move or whatever it's called.
Speaker 1: What is that called that that's just athleticism or that button. So now you can be able to use that and hurdle over someone wild three six in the in the area on Madden I mean, I hope so.
Speaker 4: I think it Madden Adams.
Speaker 3: They called the button mash where you just mashed all the buttons. Does a Sakwon Barkley backflip jump thing over a hurdle?
Speaker 4: There we go.
Speaker 1: He's a button masher, button masher and mashes defenders as well.
Speaker 3: Now what do you think about what do you think about him sitting for Eric Dickerson's record he needed what a hundred and something?
Speaker 1: I think it just shows what you were talking about earlier, just how big of a team player he was. He was looking at the big pitcher and that's Super Bowl. Yeah, he could have gotten the record, but what if he just got hurt getting the record and then he wasn't there throughout the playoffs and look at the damage he already did in the playoffs. The reason why they won that game versus Los Angeles Rams was because he was playing in the game, and he rushed for two touchdowns, both of them over fifty yards. And I think he went for like an over two hundred yards as well rushing, So it just shows what type of team player he is, and just overall, just the goal and mindset of winning at all and that's what it's all about.
Speaker 2: This only this is only good if they win the super Bowl.
Speaker 3: If they don't win the super Bowl, this is a but this is crazy.
Speaker 4: I agree.
Speaker 1: But he can also break the all time record including playoffs and regular season, which I think he will break that. I think he's about one hundred something yards away.
Speaker 2: What kind of dude is Quad Barkley? Oh? What kind of dude? Oh?
Speaker 4: Man, I mean, grew up kind of dude is he?
Speaker 2: He grew up right, like, grew up in Pennsylvania.
Speaker 4: Pennsylvania. Great football there, great.
Speaker 2: Football, you know that great hip born, tough, New York tough.
Speaker 1: I think he depends. I think he has a lot of boxing in his backgrounds.
Speaker 2: A lot of boxing in his background.
Speaker 4: From what I recall reading, he's definitely got.
Speaker 2: He's a dog.
Speaker 4: He is a dog.
Speaker 1: But he kind of is a a freak as well, because it's because, like you said, when he was wearing that kilt, you were like, whaa, Like, that's that's what we talk about when you see a freak, it's because of their fastiest nature. Yes, And you were like, that's some physical nature that blew your mind.
Speaker 3: It was It was mind blowing. It was kind of like the first time when I saw Dante High Towers Calves.
Speaker 4: Oh freaky.
Speaker 2: You got some big ass cats.
Speaker 4: You to imagine if.
Speaker 1: You're combined, if you made one leg and you had Dante High Towers Calves and say Kwon Barkley's squad, you would.
Speaker 2: Get like someone you would I think that person.
Speaker 4: It would be like the Hawk, Actually, I think that person would.
Speaker 3: He could do a tug of war with a fucking like what's whatever, the best super diesel truck there is.
Speaker 2: He can probably with that leg.
Speaker 1: Three fifty definitely actually screw it an eighteen wheeler.
Speaker 3: And you could probably take down an eighteen whirl wheeler. He's definitely a dude's dude as well, because.
Speaker 4: Because of how big of a team player is player.
Speaker 3: I mean to go and be the most hated guy for a team and then join that team and then become such a big leader that it's a pair and be beloved.
Speaker 4: You know, we are all at the whole locker room and fan base.
Speaker 1: But I'm that that story that you told me about when he was in the kilt, that's just sticking to my head. So I know what I'm.
Speaker 2: Going with one, two, three.
Speaker 4: Freak.
Speaker 3: Yeah, man, he see those legs placing at two hundred and thirty pounds. Is not supposed to do jump flips, back hurdles over men that are trying to kill you. Only when you got quads like that though, dus quad Zilla. We'll be right back after this quick break.
Speaker 2: All right, Jules, Let's go to the next one.
Speaker 1: Next man up. This towering man of the NFL is the head coach of the Kansas City Chiefs oh and former coach of the Philadelphia Eagles. Although he wasn't drafted as a player, he has become a coaching giant, a mass in three hundred total wins and leading the.
Speaker 4: Chiefs to three Super Bowl victories.
Speaker 1: This Los Angeles Natives larger than life personality matches his fasique with legendary tales, including driving his car straight to the pitcher's mound when late for a baseball game and stiffing John Wayne when he asks for more meatballs while working as a caterer for the Tonight Show. Let's get on, Andy Reid, Jewels, Andy Reid, what's the first thing you think of when you hear the name Andy Reed? And we're gonna put the Chiefs. I'm not going to put the Chief's hat on it. I'm gonna just show it. Hey, everyone, Andy Reid, I like to design.
Speaker 4: The colors are cool.
Speaker 1: I'll maybe uh it fell off. Sorry, I can't wear that hat first anything. I'll just put it right there at Jules.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I'm just gonna keep this Patriots hat on Jeels. I feel yeah, there we go. I feel more comfortable in this one.
Speaker 3: First thing I think of when I think of Andy ree Yeah, let's see the State Farm commercial when he asks for the nuggets.
Speaker 2: You gonna eat those nuggies? No?
Speaker 3: But the like, yeah, that's the first thing you think of is someone that like loves football and that is a players coach.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: I've heard just through everyone that has played under him, they love playing for coach Reid. And it seems, you know, he's an offensive guy. It's a fun environment. But I guess they really work their asses off too. There's there's always talks about how tough their practices are, and it's evident through how his teams have always played. He's a fucking he's a really good coach. I mean, three hundred wins. There's only three people that have that, you know, Hollis Shula and Bill like, that's a lot of wins and he's been doing it for a long time, and it looks like he don't gonna He's not gonna slow down if he doesn't want to.
Speaker 2: He's got his quarterback.
Speaker 1: He's not slowing down. I feel like he can coach easily for another ten years for the Kansas City Chiefs. I mean, they're gonna be a combo for quite some time. I can't see him retiring with you know, Patrick Mahomes basically in his probably his prime, and he's gonna be in his prime for the next eight years minimum, I would say, especially with having coach Andy Reid right there by his side. I mean, this guy is a three time Super Bowl champion. He's he's a one time Super Bowl champ as an assistants with the Green Bay Packers. What year was at ninety seven? I mean two thousand and two, six ap NFL, but it was in ninety seven of the year, Yeah, ninety seven, he won the Super Bowl as the assistant. I mean, when he has went think about this, this is how amazing Andy Reid really is. He's the winning this coach in Eagles history. But there's an asterisk there because he just never won a super Bowl with the Eagles. Even though he got them to a super Bowl, they just ended up losing four championships. What they lost to New England Patriots. Correct when he was the head coach, was that when too was on the team with the ankle, and he came back and did all that good stuff. I mean as twenty seven total playoff wins as well, and coach Bill Belichick holds that record with thirty one playoff wins, and I'm sure Andy Reid is probably gonna surpass that either this not it can't be this year because they had a bye week, but probably this year, over the next couple of years, over the next couple of years. I mean, he's a special, special guy man, unbelievable coach and like I like you said, players love playing for him, love his personality because he's like a players coach. I'm gonna reiterate this, but players coach, like you said, but he gets after it on the practice field like there's no slacking.
Speaker 4: It's full speed.
Speaker 1: Once you hit that field, it's full speed and you're getting after it and you're going. So you gotta love coaches like that, and that's how you have to practice as well, because that's what that's how we practice. Right when you hit the field, it was full go. If you want championship team, if you want to sustain success, you got to go out on the practice field and practice like his game time. Every single time you hit that field.
Speaker 4: You know that's what they do.
Speaker 3: It just shows man, you have to have you have to have the big three in order to win. I mean, Andy, one of the greatest coaches of all time in Philadelphia couldn't get it done because whatever it was, either the GM or the quarterback, the head coach, GM and the quarterback have to be on the same wavelength. And he's found that right now in Kansas City. And he's a huge part of that because of just you watch him when he's we were watching the film of just his micd up stuff and his ability to explain to players as a former player. You could tell he was a former player on how to like use your pad level use Like when you're telling a fundamental and you're you're coaching a guy, Hey, drop your fucking weight, you put your right arm. I don't think he swears, but drop your weight. Put your arm here, use your level like that's really good. That's really good coaching. Like you watch his stuff. He's a very intuitive coach, very fundamentally sound. He had a lot of early on in his career. He had the clock ship though. You know, I remember always he always had clock stuff that he would he would he would kind of fumble with overcoming his call.
Speaker 1: I think they talked about that was the big knock on him for about his first twenty years of his head coaching career right about that.
Speaker 4: You know, management, I can tell you this, he's managing.
Speaker 1: That clock better than ever now yea, you know with the Kansas City Chiefs.
Speaker 3: And that goes into everyone having to be on the same page, like you have to have the quarterback to do that. You have to you know, just makes things easier. He's at a level and he's evolved where he's it's it's it's like how we were. They're playing chess while everyone else is playing checkers. Like everyone keeps on saying, no, they they haven't blown anyone out this year. But you watch them situationally and gotta have it situations. His teams are always prepared third down, four point plays, red area, like not beating them.
Speaker 4: Special teams when it comes down to that.
Speaker 3: They got a great kid, Like he's just he's got it right now, and it seems like he'd be an awesome coach to play for.
Speaker 4: Yeah, awesome coach to play for. He's tough.
Speaker 1: And what what I really liked about him when we were watching those NFL films type things, and how he was talking to his players, Like it's not like he's screaming at the players, like he gets their attention every time he talks. His players were listening and it's like he's just telling you. You know, he's telling you in a way to where you want to use it, you know, for your benefit out on the field, because every time he's coaching you, he always has a great point, like you were talking about the pad level, having your right hand down and get it inside or whatever it was that he was coaching you with just a way that he presented himself and the way that he was telling you, like it was always just like you have to listen, and it just caught his attention, you know, every every time he was talking to you, which was like really cool just to see that relationship between a coaching player.
Speaker 3: When I watched that it reminded me a lot of how Scarnekio would coach the Ligneman. You know what he would tell him, like beat for beat on what you had to do. You have to put your right foot here, you put your right hand here, instead of yelling at a guy saying, hey, we got to do it better, like a good coach explains like what you need to do to get better. And you were watching Andy Reid does that. He's been around the game for so long, he learned under a home grin who's you know, one of the greats in this whole West Coast system, you know, from Bill Walsh's disciple, Like I grew up watching these teams, these Niners teams, these Packers teams, and like to see him have his shot with his guys and his like.
Speaker 2: Version of it. I mean it's remarkable.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And on top of that, I mean I feel like any reader like really doesn't even have an ego. I feel like he's open minded. You know, he's a great schemer, he's so experience, he's a football lifer. He's a player's guy. He's innovative with the play calls. He's just very personable as well. And if you have an ego, you're not going to be that personable. And that's why so many players can relate to him. Oh you know old lineman, quarterbacks, tight ends, defense, it doesn't matter, special teams. And he's just got that West Coast gun offense as well that he has perfected, especially having Patrick Mahomes at the helm at the quarterback position.
Speaker 4: So Andy Reid just.
Speaker 1: A special coach and just just unbelievable out there.
Speaker 4: Man, his coaching tree.
Speaker 3: You got McDermott, Harball, Naggy freaking Peterson, Spags Leslie Frazier, Pat Shermer, Todd Bowles, Ron Rivere.
Speaker 2: I mean he's got some good he got a big crew.
Speaker 4: The list goes on and on, man.
Speaker 3: And I mean, I freaking anytime I'm around Shady McCoy, What does Shady always talk about any reds?
Speaker 2: Wait?
Speaker 3: He always be talking how good Andy Reid is. And just over the years, man, I've thought about it, and he's a damn good coach.
Speaker 2: Hey, how big was Andy Reid as a kid.
Speaker 1: I remember that punp pass, the pump pass and kick clip when he was thirteen years old. He was just towering over everyone. It was at the La Colisseum and he just looked like a grown man compared to all the other thirteen year old kids. And I was a pump passing kick guy back in the day, and I thought I was towering over kids. I mean, Andy Reid literally looked like four times bigger than the next biggest kid out there out in the field. So that just shows that he's a footballer, you know, for life, because he was in punk, pass and kick at thirteen years old. That's incredible, man. Yeah, I love that about him. You got to see that clip. It's just it's hilarious.
Speaker 3: What about the Hawaiian shirts that he always wears.
Speaker 4: It's He's just a cool dude.
Speaker 2: He is.
Speaker 3: He He's happy with him, He's happy with his way.
Speaker 4: He's comfortable in his own skin.
Speaker 2: He's comfortable in his own he really is.
Speaker 1: And that's kind of part of being a great coaches, being comfortable with who you are.
Speaker 4: That makes you a great player as well.
Speaker 1: You got to be satisfied with everything in your life, with who you are, and then you can go out there and just dominate. And I feel like Andy Reid's in that position where he's so satisfied with who he is in his own skin, that he can go out there and just be himself at all times and not even think about it.
Speaker 3: Would Do you think Belichick would ever dress up like Sane afterwin?
Speaker 1: I don't think so. I don't think so. Maybe the grnch back in the days. Now, no celebrating, Let's get the film now.
Speaker 3: Oh man, man, it's important to have that humor. We had other guys that did that. But it's cool, you know, to see, you know, guys like him do that. Who do you think is better in the commercials Andy Reid or Saban? Oh you're bringing up Saban now Saban Verbero commercials?
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I definitely gotta go with Andy Reid the chicken nug it in the Andy Reid just has that personality as well.
Speaker 4: For the commercials.
Speaker 1: Nick Saban's more of like, you know, oh, no, great coach, But I mean he's kind of, you know, a little bit more stiff than Andy Reid, I would say.
Speaker 2: But they use the stiffness, yeah.
Speaker 4: They do.
Speaker 1: They use it to their advantage. But Andy Reid is overall, I think I think wins that category.
Speaker 3: What about top three reddist people to get on the sideline when it's cold, He's.
Speaker 1: Up there right, well if if you include ye, never, I never heard of this argument before. I just feel like, is red dude, he's thinking about it every time we play him, because it's always Coleman.
Speaker 3: Buffalo but still Coughlin like he looked like he was gonna times.
Speaker 1: He was just ready. He was like a steam coming out of his head. Read too. I think it's I think that's Andy Reid though he's always red fucking and that's why he It was great when he Santa Claus like it just fit in perfect.
Speaker 4: I never met Andy Reid. We have, man, I.
Speaker 3: Think we did an I have really met him either. I bet he'd be really cool, really cool. I'd love to like talk about our battles with him from his side.
Speaker 1: Like his perspective, what he was thinking, why he called that play yeah, what he thought you were going to do, and what type of coverage he called because of it, and why he couldn't stop you going across the middle on a crossing route. You would ask him that, like, hey, Andy, why couldn't you stop me on the crossing road?
Speaker 2: And I knew it was coming to me because I had you. They had to put a lot more eyes over there now because you were just dominating jewels. Get out of here.
Speaker 4: No one was covering you.
Speaker 2: That's true.
Speaker 3: So on his interview with Jeffrey Loriie, they're at a steakhouse and then the waiter comes in says, we got a ribbi, a New York Strip, or a FLA. Which one would you like? And Andy Reid says all three? Which is which is a pro move because what if you get it sliced and then you get to heat. And he became the winn his football coach in history. Yes, I think that's what made Laurie pick him. A man that likes all three cuts is a man good in my business? What's your favorite cut? I'm a Rabbi guy.
Speaker 2: I like two little more fat.
Speaker 1: I like that marblization, just crystallize in the steak and the just every bite just melts in your mouth.
Speaker 2: And that's why.
Speaker 4: And he re likes too well, he.
Speaker 2: Likes all three. Well, I think he has like.
Speaker 1: That's why I knew he liked that ribbi as well. He likes it all strip.
Speaker 4: Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: Man, I'm getting hungry. But what kind of dude is Andy Reid? Andy Reid is definitely a dude's dude.
Speaker 1: He is, But I want to give that to him fully because he is tough out there on the football field, on the practice field.
Speaker 2: I didn't run t o out the building.
Speaker 1: He did, which I think too maybe ran himself out of the so he had no choice. Man, he's definitely a wizard. I mean, the intellection.
Speaker 4: Of the game.
Speaker 3: Is he the only lineman that probably knows the passing.
Speaker 2: The way he does.
Speaker 1: He's studley for a coach, you know, dressing up as Santa Claus, I mean, Santa Claus, the biggest stud in the world. A guy brings Christmas presents to everyone every single year, you know, to every kid out there.
Speaker 4: So like he's definitely.
Speaker 1: That's kind of like why Andy Reid does. He brings Christmas presence to his team, to his UH players, like all the time, wins, playoff wins, little little Super Bowls plays. Let's open you up on this play here, let's do let's let's do a ring around the rosie. Everyone stop, and then you go over here, you go over here, will dull it up with this and then you get miraculously wide open Travis Kelsey exactly, and just wide open. No guys within five yards. That's a gift right there on three. What do you think you one? Two three?
Speaker 4: Whizz? Yeah, this guy's whizz, no doubt.
Speaker 1: I mean every time all offensive linemen are basically whiz, not all of them, but.
Speaker 4: Like they could be freaking they got there, they could be.
Speaker 3: But he's also a whiz because of I mean, anytime we would play those guys, I remember Bill always saying, like, watch for some gimmick thing here in the red area. This that because they were always adding to their tool belt, like they always had a new play on deck at all times. And I've heard that they have like those little pow wows where they all get to like bring in a play on Tuesday and put it like that's pretty wizzy.
Speaker 2: He's letting the kids be whizz.
Speaker 3: He's letting the whiz and the riz go throughout the buildings.
Speaker 4: Whiz.
Speaker 2: He's a whiz. Hats off. We'll be right back after this quick break.
Speaker 3: Let's get into the Chillis Dude of the Week, brought to you by our favorite beer cores Light the Silver what are them liag over Bullet, the Silver trainers I like to call them, knocking and rolling down the trains that Colorado kool Aid get Cores Light delivered straight to your door. Visit corslight dot com. Slash dudes, celebrate responsibly.
Speaker 1: And guess what, there's no one chiller than you, the fans. That's right, ladies and gentlemen. I just said that there's no one chiller than you. I don't care what the temperature is in Buffalo. There's still no one chiller than all of you. And that's the fans. And in honor of super Bowl Week, we're going to answer your voicemail to answer your questions about our super Bowl experiences.
Speaker 2: Go chill, that's very chill.
Speaker 3: And again that number is five six one, two oh three, five seven eight nine.
Speaker 4: Let's get into it.
Speaker 3: By what's your routine like for the super Bowl versus regular season or in the playoffs?
Speaker 5: Do you do anything different to get your mind and zone all that curious?
Speaker 1: By that's a really good question, because when the super Bowl week comes, everyone thinks like you got to amp up your routine a little bit and you're gonna start doing a lot of things different because it's the super Bowl. But no, that's just the expectations of all the fans thinking that. But you have had a successful routine throughout the whole entire season, and that's why you're in the super Bowl now. So you stick to your routine, You stick to your game plans, you stick to the walkthroughs that you've been doing, You stick to your recovery routines that you've been doing. You don't have to amp up anything to the next level because it's already gotten you here.
Speaker 4: So you're gonna be ready. You're gonna be prepared already.
Speaker 1: For the Super Bowl because of what you have been doing throughout the whole entire regular season and playoffs already. You don't need to drink eighteen extra energy drinks for the game. You just need that one that you've been doing all year long already. Maybe you got to learn the expectations of being able to deflect all the things that are going around you, that's for sure. You got to be able to manage that that's going to be a curve ball that's thrown at you.
Speaker 4: Hey, this person needs tickets.
Speaker 1: That person needs tickets, and tickets are five grand that you could be paying you one hundred thousand dollars and taking free. And then also all just all the other media attention, do this interview, do this interview, Just do as least as you possibly can of the distractions for Super Bowl. But prepare like you've been preparing all year long, and you'll be good to go.
Speaker 3: The biggest the biggest change is trying to make your everyday routine in another space because you're out.
Speaker 2: In a different place. You usually go out a week early.
Speaker 3: And everything the team does, everything the organization does, is predicated to trying to make you as comfortable as possible so you can do your same routine you were doing all year in a different place. I would always I'd always throw a little extra, just little extra ball drills. After practice, I would do a little you know what I mean, nothing physically extra, but more like the mental stuff.
Speaker 2: I would go over my game plan a little cleaner.
Speaker 3: But we would go over the stuff so much because we have so much time two weeks weeks and you already know your opponent as well. Yeah, you go over it so much that you're pretty dialed, and by the time the game gets there, you're like, fuck everything else, let's just get.
Speaker 4: You're just so ready to play and get it over time.
Speaker 3: I mean, we could call the plays in like zero or like in all right, it's third and short or third and anything we could call the game plan, because we've gone over it.
Speaker 1: So much time would just start, you know, calling the play in the huddle and I.
Speaker 4: Just, you know, just you finish it with him.
Speaker 2: Yeah you knew it. He just the first word he said.
Speaker 1: I already knew the whole entire play, and I would just finish the sentence basically in the huddle.
Speaker 3: So to answer your question, yeah, you may tighten up, and you may do a little couple extra little things, more PT, a little more soft tissue work or whatever, but you try to do everything in your manner to make the routine the same that got you there.
Speaker 2: That question made me thirsty.
Speaker 4: It made me through individuals. You got a drink from me.
Speaker 2: Here you go, Thanks man, This is.
Speaker 4: Me Jellous Dudes of the week.
Speaker 5: Hey dudes, this is Nat Island. I just had a question for you guys. Was there ever a moment during a big game, playoff game or a Super Bowl where a player or coach said something on the sideline and you guys have to kind of look away or turn away from the cameras so nobody show you side having a good time.
Speaker 4: Thanks guys.
Speaker 1: No, No, I never, I've never been in a situation like this. I mean every Super Bowl I've been a part of everyone's doing their job. Everyone's you know, in that routine of being where they need to be, you throughout the whole entire game, special teams, off defense. There's never anyone that acted up on the teams that I played with in the Super Bowl. So I'd never been in that situation, so never had to turn my back on any moments. How about you, Jules, do you can you recall anything?
Speaker 5: Nah?
Speaker 3: I mean everyone kind of knew the importance of what was going on.
Speaker 2: It was conveyed throughout.
Speaker 3: The whole preparation process of those two weeks, So like you kind of knew everyone was in the zone, everyone was dialed. Everyone was just worried about what you had to do. You know, a lot of a lot of ours were so fucking back and forth, you know, we had to We were going through different situations each time we were on the sideline. So yeah, you watched the other other side of the ball when you could.
Speaker 2: But it was what it was.
Speaker 3: Duel's gronk much love from Northeast Ohio.
Speaker 6: He gronk bronk Tampa Bayed Super Bowl boat parade.
Speaker 2: Tom would have thrown that trophy.
Speaker 4: In the river.
Speaker 6: Would you have dove down to the bottom and snatched that thing up bearing sea gold style or what?
Speaker 4: Oh it's a great question.
Speaker 1: Well, first off time through that Super Bowl trophy and everyone thinks I caught that, But I can tell you this, I did not catch that Super Bowl trophy.
Speaker 4: That was the other tight on cam.
Speaker 1: Brake, who had a heck of a playoff run and he came through clutch once again when he caught that trophy when Brady threw it. Some reason, everyone thinks that was me. And if I can go back, I would actually redo that boat preak because I was absolutely hammered and I don't actually remember much.
Speaker 4: I haven't drank all season.
Speaker 1: That was like my first time drinking, and joh shit, I lost myself.
Speaker 4: I mean, I kind of wish.
Speaker 1: I remembered more of a boat preak, because that's something you want to remember for your whole life. But if that trophy did fall into the sea, I would have definitely let it go right then and there because I would have possibly drowned because I was out of my mind. But I would have definitely went back to or three days later. And when you know, Scob immediately see diving to go get it with the scuba gear on.
Speaker 4: Here comes scuba Gronc.
Speaker 2: Scuba Steve going for the trophy.
Speaker 1: Be then, you know, grab a couple of fish on my way up so we can grill out after as well.
Speaker 4: Sorry, Joe's that question was for you?
Speaker 2: How would that?
Speaker 4: Sorry?
Speaker 1: If you weren't Foxborough forever, you could have came down to Tampa too. And you know, I don't It was cool, but I don't remember it, so I couldn't really tell you.
Speaker 2: I would ask you which one's better, but you don't remember.
Speaker 1: Well, they were both Austin. What was cool is that it switched it up because it was on. Also, let me tell you, I mean the boat, the parades, the duck parades in Boston, you can't beat those. I mean the amount of people and support. Tampa's was great, but you can't beat the parades in Boston.
Speaker 4: I mean.
Speaker 2: It was COVID year two, so it was probably little.
Speaker 4: Now everyone said screw COVID. At the time. It was Florida too. Florida really didn't listen to the COVID rules.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Florida was its own little country, which was kind of cool.
Speaker 2: Actually.
Speaker 1: During that time, but uh yeah, no, no, no. Duck parades on Boston energy level to.
Speaker 3: A whole other problem to be able to discuss which parade is better a you know, top all time, top city in sports, or let's go down and let's do it on the water like that's like pretty.
Speaker 4: It is, all right?
Speaker 2: Next question, Gronk and.
Speaker 6: Jewels a couple of questions about super Bowl memories. It's just kind of like intricate stuff now, I guess the normal. But what was it like the first night when you did the Super Bowl introduction?
Speaker 5: I think you only did it against the Rams. It's like the night you get there, they have the big show, they have you guys like Patty.
Speaker 6: Cake compliment you with it weird. Were you guys like sizing each other up?
Speaker 2: What was that like?
Speaker 6: Also?
Speaker 5: What was it like for dudes who were in the super Bowl for the first time in their career, like the Young Bucks and by the time you guys were playing like Philly and the Rams and you'd both been like a couple of times. What was it like seeing dudes in the super Bowl for the first time. Maybe things they got like affected by or it was just interesting to watch.
Speaker 1: Tell us about it, Well, well, first off, what is he talking about the Super Bowl introduction?
Speaker 2: Do you remember to say that media day? No, they remember that. They called like in the RAMS one.
Speaker 3: They had like all right, we'll call up Tom and we'll call up the RAMS guy.
Speaker 2: They did that like our last year.
Speaker 4: I can't remember that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean it was I remember it a little bit. They It wasn't like anything. You went up there, Remember you answer some questions.
Speaker 1: That's media day, you know, you get your own little podium and you answer questions.
Speaker 2: But it was the first year they did it.
Speaker 1: I remember just all the extra curricular activities was kind of annoying, Like you just want to play the game and get ready for the game. You thought it was so cool your first year being in the Super Bowl media day that you're going to go to that, and actually you get over that right away. The most important thing is to win the game. You stopped caring the second Super Bowl, third super Bowl. You went to your media day, but I I can't prepare. This is taking an hour away from my time to prepare or get ready for the game. And then just the same continuously same thing and same questions over and over. I thought super Bowl weeks leading up to as a player kind of sucked.
Speaker 2: It was a lot.
Speaker 3: It was a lot, just a lot of distractions. I I would say. Bill would always say, it's only fun. It's only a good memory if you win, So just remember that. I remember he would always say that, like, guys, all this stuff that.
Speaker 2: You're doing, it won't be a good memory if we lose.
Speaker 1: Yeah, He's like, what's the point of going and doing that appearance from seven to nine at night? Yeah, you'll never remember that, Yeah, he goes, you'll remember if you win the game.
Speaker 2: You'll remember if you win the game, And it was it was the truth.
Speaker 3: Answer the second part of his question, watching the younger guys have the experience for their first time, you know, we had a lot of we had a lot of mentally tough dude. It's like the Malcolm Mitchell's and you know young players that came through big for us or like in their careers in Super Bowls their first time. There's a lot of guys that understood the severity. And I think that had to do with like our leaders, you know, Bill and Tom, and how they prepared and how they had a sense of urgency anytime we were doing anything, especially the deeper. You got into the playoffs because you understood how hard it was a to get there and b how important the situation is even though you know you're not playing the game. Like the walkthroughs or the practices, I just remember there was always a micro There was like a micro focus that got bigger and better and more focused and more focused and more urgency each week through those practices.
Speaker 2: Where the practices used to be.
Speaker 3: Like at the end of the season you kind of hate them, but at the end, like by the time you're in those playoff ones, you appreciated them and you went through and you knew that you only had a limited amount, so you wanted to get everything out of them. And so those younger players understood that, and we had some young players that came through for us a bunch, And I think that had to do with the leadership.
Speaker 1: No doubt about that. I'm got a little bit thirsty. Next question as well.
Speaker 2: Last one boys, let's go last one chill us due to the week.
Speaker 3: Yo Rob drew GC from the foot I want to ask.
Speaker 2: About Malcolm Butler in the Super Bowl, but I know that shit won't get answered.
Speaker 4: So which one of.
Speaker 3: The Super Bowls at the best after party and who was the.
Speaker 2: Decides you to?
Speaker 1: Well, you know I'm going to answer that Malcolm Butler question because I'm going to answer it with the question back.
Speaker 2: I still don't know what happens.
Speaker 1: So if anyone knows that what that situation and understands why Malcolm Butler got benched, I still don't know why.
Speaker 4: So whoever out there knows, please come give me the answer.
Speaker 3: I couldn't even stay at the goddamn team hotel that fucking game.
Speaker 2: I was out.
Speaker 3: When you're hurt, you're not even with the team. Throw us to the slum. Throw us as slum over there.
Speaker 4: What super Bowl had the best after party? Though?
Speaker 1: Oh well, I'm trying to party right now, so let me take a sip real quick.
Speaker 2: I would say, I mean the first one was the first one was.
Speaker 4: The first one we had.
Speaker 3: Flow Rider on the stage, fucking.
Speaker 1: And also like that was when we were like our youngest. Yeah, and the younger you are, the cooler the partying is, the cooler it is to get trashed up on stage, jump up and down like a maniac.
Speaker 2: And Robert, you did that at a loss too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I did that at the Loss. I wanted to get that loss out of my mind. I have my ankle proud. I didn't even feel my ankle. Crazy drinks from the fans. The fans all fed me.
Speaker 3: So Dupe was always the best, like behind the scenes, like you would sit there and you know, we'd hang out with a lot of the guys, and we got to hang out with Snoop a lot and just kick it and then he would go perform. He brought and then like Rob said, the older you got, you really didn't like. You didn't party as he got older.
Speaker 1: Oh, after the Super Bowl when we beat the Rams, my last game and your last super Bowl, I got that quad shot and I literally sat in the back room of the party, like crying, yeah, and didn't even move.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So yeah, that party wasn't that great. But I would just go. After the first Super Bowl, after we beat the Seattle Seahawks, when we were on stage, jumping around like clowns, we were dancing the flow Rider, we were rapping on stage, everyone was up there. That was when our team was young, young too, like we had every young buck on our team. That's before we all grew and started out, you know, getting outdated in the party game. Like that's when the party game was still awesome. It like didn't even matter, like yeah, like how many drinks you had, it was still a good time.
Speaker 3: But I don't even think I drank after the last one because we had to get up to do We had to go fly to Disney World and do all the questions and shit, so like you had to be up at like five point thirty.
Speaker 2: And so like at that point you're like, you're like, h I gotta work.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So yeah, the first one for sure, after the shattle out of all that, what we got old. Getting old sucks. It sucks, but it's good.
Speaker 1: But it's good. You got to use it to your advantage. When you're getting old, you gotta get you gotta get what. You gotta get wiser, and you gotta get smarter as you get older. And if you still act like you're twenty one, and it's gonna make life harder.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no doubt.
Speaker 4: I want to act like I did after I do.
Speaker 2: My first consistently.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I want to act like l mfao is freaking singing in my front yard every single day.
Speaker 4: But let me tell you, you old and you you party like that had jewels. I mean, I'm on the IR.
Speaker 1: I'm on that baseball IR doesn't need to return soon, but we don't know how.
Speaker 4: Many days exactly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I wish I could still do it like I did back in the well.
Speaker 2: That's why you just drink Coors like because you always stay chill with it.
Speaker 1: You're right, and then you don't get too messed up and you drink response possibly and then you can make responsible.
Speaker 2: We've learned through those parties.
Speaker 3: Somebody, you know, you get to the second to third you know, the chiefs are probably a lot wiser now.
Speaker 2: Too, mm hmm, now as wise as us, though not as wise as us.
Speaker 3: And that was the chillest dude of the week thanks to our favorite beer corps like get corps Light delivered straight to your door, Visit corslight dot com, slash dudes and celebrate responsibly. And that's another episode of Dudes on Dudes. What can we do next episode to get better?
Speaker 1: Oh, Jules, that was a pretty good episode, man, But what can we do? Maybe drinking a couple more chorus lights. So we're feeling a little bit more tips here, and the more tips here you feel, the better takes set you have. You know, you get a more you get more courageous, you get more outrageous.
Speaker 4: Yes, not too many.
Speaker 1: Like we said, we're more responsible now, we're more wiser since we're older, So not too many corps lights. You know, you want to just have enough to where you feel good, you feel collective, just like Jadeen Daniels in the pocket when he's dropping back for the Washington Commanders and he's throwing to mclauren for a touchdown, like you know versus Dallas Cowboys, last play for you know that, you know that.
Speaker 2: Big helpt, big brow that he had.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's you know what that course makes you feel like cargo beartsplit, same thing.
Speaker 4: That's how we can get better.
Speaker 1: Oh no, no, it wasn't the help Mary was that deep pass to the right to mclauren, right, yeah, versus Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 2: I remember that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So that's what we could do better is just maybe just have like one or two more beers.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Amazon Music, or wherever you listen to your podcast and come in a dude you want us to do and remember.
Speaker 1: Rate and review and leave a five star review as well on Spotify while you're there. Five star. Julia was not he was the opposite. He was a two star. If you flip the five upside down, he was a two star coming out of college, and five minus one equals four.
Speaker 4: And that's what I was.
Speaker 1: I was a four star coming out of college, I mean out of high school.
Speaker 4: My bad coming out of high school.
Speaker 2: That's what you said.
Speaker 1: The opposite. You flip a five upside down your year two.
Speaker 2: That's pretty good. Yeah, that's pretty good.
Speaker 3: Remember to follow Dudes on Dudes on YouTube, Instagram, x TikTok, TikTok, We're back, and snapchat.
Speaker 2: See you guys next week.
Speaker 4: Dudes on Dudes.
Speaker 1: It's a production of iHeartRadio and for more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts.