Speaker 1: If you watch the Coffee Time the baby you know the name Flame, my bro also known as my ro Flame. Come in with last and come in with Jim Love lambs. Baby, you better catch it when you can drop a knowledge from fatherhood to politics, shouting now comics, just paying homage.
Speaker 2: What's up? Tests?
Speaker 1: Yeah you know? She raised shot towns on speaking to the grown a second. We're gonna last, cut up and kick it and at the end we leave it with just a list dispirits. But you want to revisit so your first second listen, you'll folks. So it's left old folks.
Speaker 2: That we dig is good. Cain no fish do what you do and no fish do what you do. Cain't no fish do what I do.
Speaker 3: No this do what you can't? She kin.
Speaker 4: Week. Hey, hey, hey, go happy Thanksgiving twenty twenty four. And I hope that you are with your loved ones, your family, people that you care about. You know, we might not be in the greatest place how we feel in our hearts with this election, but you can feel joyful for and give thanks for the reason that we are together. This season, I want to make some uh acknowledge, my beautiful co host, how you to.
Speaker 2: It's hire you to it's howai am, Bobby?
Speaker 4: How you turkey and dressing? I'm sorry? Are you stuffing? Because other white people eat stuff and let me just called it out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yes we do. Well, actually no more we since they said salmonell are about twenty five years ago. We do dressing, which just means you're putting in a pot beside the turkey as as it goes. And yes, we're doing that's that's like one of my favorite parts.
Speaker 4: Oh, I'm gonna have to come over and give me somebody that Irish uh Irish dressing.
Speaker 2: List for farm. Don't get too excited.
Speaker 4: Is it from the Boxer? From scratch?
Speaker 2: No, it's look trump. They give you the like it's a starter and then you put the the celery and the onions and the blu you know when you put the turkey, the grease and stuff, you know.
Speaker 4: Kind of like my shape. It's the starter and I just asked some stuff to it.
Speaker 2: You I get it.
Speaker 4: Listen, guys, we are here to celebrate Thanksgiving and of course we're doing our weekly laugh and learned. I want to thank you to This past weekend, we were in Chicago City Winery. I was there with Tiffany Hattish and Barbara Carlile. Tiffany hash also executive produced Laugh Alot of the Gym if you guys didn't know that, she is our executive producer on this show. But we had four showed out shows, four sold out shows, so a very diverse audience. And I love that there was so many Caucasian people there or others I'm going to call them that's so interested in the podcast out that broke it down and talked about My co host is an Irish Catholic, Caucasian single mother of one, white woman, and I am a black, trans woman, single father of three. And I've said that our comparison is that we don't always agree, but we always remember that we are Americans and this is our country. And so many people were so intrigued. So to all your new listeners and subscribers because you all asked me about it so many I know y'all listening. Thank you, And I'm hoping that here at this page, not only do we teach you something, but you in turn teach us something, because that is how America works. We teach each other. So hopefully from Bobby's perspective or either from mine, you could agree to disagree or agree and just tell your friends to come and listen to us, because yep, we look different. We shape different, not that much though. Bobby is a lot older than me. But you we're Americans.
Speaker 2: I could hide flame completely behind me and you what's there? So shape is not the age you?
Speaker 4: Oh, you're you.
Speaker 2: You wish yes, and we love and we appreciate all of you, and we are very thankful to have you in our audience.
Speaker 4: So gobblegobbel And if I sounded a little slow, tonight, ladies and gentlemen, it's Thanksgiving Eve. I've been cooking and I'm feeling real groovy right now. Y'all need to know that we were supposed to take about an hour ago, and the groovy has kicked in. But we're still going to do our job tonight because it is and I'm Indianapolis with family and friends, my cheoths. I left my kids home alone, but we did prepare the meal for them, so all they have to do is heat and eat. So yeah, happy Thanksgiving to everybody. Let's start off with some really good news this Thanksgiving. Congressman Meg Gates a Senator Meg gatee what was he? A Senator of Congressman Congressman Congressman Med Gates spent was spent on his ass, and they told him we don't want you, good bad, so he quit the job that he had to go get another job that he thought he was gonna get with his own constituents. It was like, hell, no, we don't want you. I am very glad to see that that has happened, because from the charges that he had, he has pinning allegedly. It's very it's very disturbing to me as a parent. But secondly, he just e gives me he is not a nice person, and I'm glad they told him no. Good God, they not all bad. They look they know real bad. So that has to be real bad because they catch you steal it with en camera and you're facing the camera. They said that ain't me and they stick together. But they did not stick with him on this one, Bobby. So I'm happy that the Republicans made this big grown up decision.
Speaker 2: The system worked so before. We were talking about since the election in the last three weeks not to let things get like apocalyptic. Oh, I can't even say it apocalyptic, because we don't know what he's going to do until he does it, and we know what happened with his first term, and a lot of stuff that he said was going to happen didn't happen. And our system is built on checks and balances, and even though there's control, a GOP control, the system still worked. He was not the right man for the job. He was not qualified. That was just number one. Yes, he was an attorney. I think he worked a year and a half or two years. He probably ran the copy machine or something, answered phones. He didn't have the juice that you needed. He also has no job. He's not going to go back to Congress naturally because that report will come out, right. So he just didn't have the votes. You know, we're told that Trump had to call him in the morning and say, you know, you can stay in, but you're not going to get the votes. So he chose to leave. It'll be very interesting. He's not giving up the fight though. He's going to stay in the fight. He's just going to do it from a different perch. So, yeah, let's see where tweedledumb goes.
Speaker 4: So if you guys ever heard the adage a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. He had a job. He hit the job.
Speaker 2: Gives it a couple of bushes. They were just underage.
Speaker 4: Give them, Clifford, give See. This is why a Bobby Gail laws well, y'all listen. And he thought he had it. He thought you cannot count it until this in your hand. He did that his colleague was going, which means that he because the way they do things, and you know how they do things, y'all see the same thing I've seen. So I'm not saying anything out of Pockey, but the way they do things, he had to be extreme because they don't even man over there. They catch you red handed over in every Republican party now and they still a rat with you. He must have really have rubbed a lot of people the wrong way.
Speaker 2: Look what he did to McCarthy. He's the one that called for the houstin.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 2: He was the one that of course, I mean, that was the lead. You think he's going to get any love there. No, he was always, in my opinion, trying to please the Master, and he didn't care that that he made enemies along the way. And unfortunately, in my short years, what I've noticed about DC is it's all networking flame, it's all who can glad hand the other one, and he didn't want to be with anybody. You're the only one that stood up from my lip gloss wearing friend. Santos was the only one he actually went to stand up for him. I don't know where he got the money to go from New York to DC, but if he was on the on the steps and he was going to go in and try to stand up for him, can you imagine get a life? George?
Speaker 5: Uh, there's a story there. We gonna go no further there. Would rather say that book. There's a story there. I can smell it. George Centhos should be founding something else to do with that. He got asked from the Congress from the said, good God, Jesus, can you imagine? Absolutely yes? And I can't believe that they even would left him in there. He should be barred to.
Speaker 4: The floor.
Speaker 2: That stands outside. He wasn't inside. I don't think he could get pass he was trying. I don't know who was taking the picture of him. He probably grabbed any any loan newspaper person that was going past or a media person. But I think I think that Gates was the person that they cut, you know, and they had to I think there's a few more our positions that they really need to look. You know, anybody that has the sexual misconduct stuff, they really probably need to take a real hard look at them, and maybe somebody who's had a brain worm and see if they're the best people for the job. But I think we're not going to there's not going to be a lot of people that aren't going to be voted in. I think the bulk of his picks, just like any president should be. They're all loyalists and that's usually what a president will pick. I think we're going to see a lot of these positions that are that are filled.
Speaker 4: Well, it's going to be interesting to see, Bobby. You know, it's so many people who've been picked for positions in this new administration cabinet that just don't seem qualified. And the mere fact that they don't have to go through any kind of FBI background check, they don't have to be researched and looked up and looked at. Sideways. I'm telling you we are in for a tsunami of bullshit, and I'm just going to say it, how me. A bullshit is coming, And I'm sorry if y'all don't believe it, and I kept telling y'all, and I hate to say I told you so. I may call that this episode.
Speaker 6: But I can't say no, no, no no, because I follow under the umbrella.
Speaker 4: Of no, no, no no no, which is what I was trying to say the whole time, that y'all tried to make me transphobical, make me homophobical. That's never what if My case was. I saw the writing it on the wall. We were afforded so many amenities, from marriage equality to being able to work as a woman, getting your name changed, live freely in a society, and move around without interruption. But you kept interrupting something that didn't want to be interrupted. And now they are we are going to be dishoveled as a trans community for our little one percent, which they love to holler, we're only one percent of society. We should have never made that much noise, in my opinion, in such a negative condensation, because now the blowback could set us way back, and that is very scary.
Speaker 7: And even though even though I didn't agree with a lot of things the young, so called woke trans girls were saying right now, I never wanted to cancel them and that's it's still going to happen to me.
Speaker 4: Am, I still going to be collateral damage because some of these bitches was bunkers if you asked me, that is, you know what I'm saying, Bobby. So as much as I wanted to be able to say, I told y'all to stop, Unfortunately I'm on the same boat. Y'all.
Speaker 2: Looney, you didn't, you didn't fuck around, But you're gonna find out herl.
Speaker 4: And I don't want to find out. I wanted to be wrong. But now look at them. They've already passed and laws and legislations about bathrooms and woo woo and again, I personally, I personally love the all gender bathroom. It's very private. One toilet one me locked the door, they never have toilet paper there, but I prefer those. But now they in the high schools with all of that, and I'm afraid, I'm afraid as a older person that the way they're putting the messaging out is that people will just possibly hopefully not but no reason, go on an attack because of what they have heard on the TV or the internet or the radio towards the trans person. You know, I'm a lovely person. If you got to get to know me and be honest. But I'm a lovely person.
Speaker 2: No, sir, you're a lovely person. But it's we talked about it last week. I so what flame's referring to as far as the schools is Governor Republican Governor Mike Dwyane from Ohio has just said that kids K through twelve cannot cannot go to the bathroom that they identify, multi use bosoms that they identify. I don't know how many bathrooms, to be quite honest with you, schools have that are family rooms. I'm sure they all have one, but you know, I don't know what the options for the kids are going to be, you know, and it makes me, It makes me sad. I feel badly, But you're right, there are a lot of the protections they're going to be taken away if they're coming out just like this, they're making it a state issue like reproductive rights, and they're putting it back or seeing kids kids losing rights. So mid terms are going to come in two years. Everybody, make sure you see who you've got, what they're what their platforms are, so we can maybe vote this stuff out and have it turned around. But you are going to lose four years. You're not going to have any protections over the next four years. And if the Democrats get in the next time, you're only going to be starting from you've lost it. There's going to be no progression. The hope would be that you would just start where you're left off. And I think that's fortunate for everybody.
Speaker 4: And that's not just for trans rice that's going it's gonna it's for women. They're going to have to women, They're going to have so many different groups.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yah, yeah, it's gonna it's gonna go down. There's already states talking about talking about uh birth control, even you know, getting rid of breath. I mean, are you kidding me?
Speaker 4: I can't.
Speaker 2: And then something else that you just said, and I just want to make sure I mention it. It just hit me. You said something about news and going and the places that you go to go for news. I think that anybody that's a little more seasoned like us is going to go the traditional route of where you get your news. Newscasters, newscasters who are journalists that it's a hard job. They have to vet it, they have to pull information out blah, blah blah. But these young kids. We have to educate our kids that going to TikTok is not not a news channel. Because something we have to think about is that Trump almost has a state run media system between his platform, truth, social in mind X. If these are where the kids are going for their news, it's it's going to be very beyond slanted. It's going to be out now on truths because Trump, whether or like him or not, he's he's comical, like he's entertaining, but he is not big on the truth. He would not be a friend of Pinocchio. So we just want to make sure that that you know, you're you're teaching your kid to to that what they're actually hearing. Don't just believe what they're saying.
Speaker 4: If Donald Trump meet grew like what Pinocchio's knows, don't you know, he would be walking around here with about a yard of meat. But that's not the case.
Speaker 2: I would say them the other way. I was thinking, you might treat it like that microphone.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, Oh my god, boy, Couiver, it's not me, it's the white lady.
Speaker 2: He came out that. No, I don't know how much truth to this there is and I don't want to discount it at all because I'm a little outraged and I think it's like poor sportsmanship. But because Trump is reporting it, I keep going back to the pets and being eaten and the whole bit. But he's saying that some of his his cabinet appointees are being targeted and threatened. And I don't think that's right either. I think for somebody who's being appointed a job, we'd all be excited if we were getting getting, you know, the inside take. People shouldn't be threatening them. I don't know if it's his people on his side, like the people who who tried to assassinate him were GOP people. I think maybe one was an independent like but I so, I don't know who who who it is that is they haven't told us. I don't know if it's also from outside the country, you know, like Iran was was going after him. It could be something like that. But I think it's lousy.
Speaker 4: Can we say this allegedly the attempts on him, the two or three attempts, because how many tymps have been.
Speaker 2: And then they found out Iran was was, Oh my god, look at this, I got balloons.
Speaker 4: It worked, It played on America. It worked, So why I'm not use that same strategy again to say that now they're going after my friends. But the strategy worked. If it was a strategy allegedly it worked. Look where he's at, Look where he's on his way to. So why not do it again? Why would we think that that strategy would work again? Could I just say that I believe that somebody in that White House or in the current administration is listening to laugh and learner, because when I said about you and I both said about four or five months ago, we needed Joe Biden to go full rode. When I say President, Joe Biden is going full roll raby the moment.
Speaker 2: I do too. And just before we say that, you know what else I love about him? He is such a gentleman and start such a statesman. We know that he met with President Trump and they have fully coordinated between the two of them this week, the transition team, and they're working hand in hand. And there's a few things that we're going to talk about now that Biden informed, informed Trump of and kind of kept him in the loop. So I'm sort of I'm sort of digging it. Joe has been. Joe's been a busy boy. Uh, he's been a He's been a super busy boy. One of the most exciting things that I'm loving is that some of the economists on the Trump side that are going in, you know, because it's such as the economy was so bad, they're reporting it was on News Nation they were saying when they went in, they went, oh, this the economy is actually quite good. They do we hear that on Fox or any of the big channels. No, they're not. But our dinner this year, for all of us, our Turkey dinner is cheaper than it's been in four years. Gas prices are the lowest that they've been. There are the averages under three dollars. I can tell you it's three seventy nine at BJ's here in Massachusett. So he's doing something right. And he's also he is he's got his pen out. He's pushing money. All the promises that Congress has made for all the money that have gone. Trump has already said he will resind monies for anything to do with healthcare, the climate, energy improvement, so and Ukraine they're going to look at that. Nope, Joe is pushing those moneies out. I don't know what has to happen to make them go out, but that is literally in his last days, last month and a half, that's what he is. He's a busy boy, and that's what he's getting done. He wants to make sure everybody has what they need.
Speaker 4: Misten Joe Biden. Joe Biden has appointed sixty one lifetime appointed judges, all black, thirty that which happened to be female. And it's not yes that he did it, that they because they were black, but the fact that he gave them lifetime appointments because now the new administration can't come in and remove them. Joe Biden is on the mission and I'm absolutely here for it all by because and I'm free to God that he has a turn of heart, and I don't don't want anybody to judge him because he is allowed and afforded that he decides to pardon his son, even though he said twice publicly that he would not. I hope he changes his man and pardons his son. He should.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, my feelings are they're all mixed on that, because part of me says I stand by I like what he's standing by his feeling. But then as we see Jack Smith canceling everything that has happened to Trump. And why I'm saying that is because Trump feels that he is all of his indictments and everything that he was looked at was politically motivated. Well, certainly anything that happened to Hunter, as far as prosecution is motivated, it's under one percent of the people who have his type of charges ever see inside of a court. And he's already admitted that he was an act and tried to make restitution as far as the taxes and everything that he could. So if Trump can have his politically motivated charges, a wave of a Wand because of because of the way the Constitution is written, state business cannot interfere with the federal government. And that's what the that's a lot of with these cases. So I think I'm a libra, so everything has to be kind of like fair is fair, So would I wouldn't hate that either. He's working on this his student loans, He's trying to push those through. I think that's going to wind up in court. Everything the pool guide tries to push. They see him on that one of the big things. And yay for Thanksgiving hopefully they'll be home. Is you saw the prisoner swap three people from China. He has been working tirelessly. In fact, senators from both parties, including crews, because one of the people comes from Texas, where absolutely he was overjoyed. Cruise said that that had happened, and the family said that the Biden Is stration has worked tirelessly to get their son home. So I think that that's great. He's also worked like an animal trying to get ceasefires. He got one in Lebanon. Of course, the Trump administration is jumping on it and saying it's because of them, not that he's been working like an animal twenty four to seven, But they're taking credit because they're afraid when Trump comes in.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, But didn't president next President Trump say during the debate that he if he's chosen to be the next president, which he has chosen, when he won according to the Post, he won, according to America, he has won, that he could stop the war immediately. Why hasn't the war stopped us? From what I see on the outside looking in of what you all see on the news, Russia is still invading Ukraine.
Speaker 2: It's well according to Donald Trump Junior, you know the best source that there is. He was speaking to any of the new sources last week that will listen. It's because and is trying to create a war and he's mucking everything up so his father can't get it done in a days. That's josephel too. Bills is a little harder he came out with and I kind of love this, but I know that Robert Kennedy Jr. Is not for obesity drugs. He wants Medicare and Medicaid to cover the weight loss medications because so that they have access to it, because it saves on so much more. It Setti's on heart disease, you know, neurological disorders like vascular, not neurological. And you know we're not going to be paying for cholesterol and blood pressure and you know, heart surgeries. If he could make that happen, I don't know where that will go, to be honest with you, flame, because as I said, Robert Kennedy Junior isn't just like he doesn't like vaccines. He doesn't like that either, but so many of the lower income and that's who has those those two those two payers, insurances payers, sorry them using my day job they eat poor you know, they don't have access to good foods, you know, and so they don't eat grape so they obesity is rampant. So I thought that was terrific. I said, geez, if you can't even get the conversation going, is.
Speaker 4: That with them before eating? A lot of people who haven't access to good foods and who have money people right now, let me say, but a lot of people right now, Bobby, And it's such a crisis with the way of the world. The emotional eating, to me now out weighs everything. A lot of people are just they can't find anything else to do, so they just eat. I think they out weighs, you know, bad food and bad food choices because a lot of people are emotionally eating. I think I'm emotionally eating. I'm about to after we finish saving this PODCA.
Speaker 2: Know it's it's it's you know, it's it's lousy. But I thought that was I like that he's doing it. I like that he's trying to get money's out. I like that he's trying to get the appointments for the judges. You know, the White House officials are saying that he is literally sprinting to the finish of this four year term, trying to get as many of his promises. I mentioned the student loans. I think they'll get hung up. But he's trying to make sure people that were promised money, like people who like Trump University or other universities that were they weren't accredited. They weren't they didn't give what the people were promised, and they were stuck with the money. He's trying to get them money, and people who are in financial hardship money because they're not going to get the money, they're not going to be able to pay the money back anyway, so kind of they're trying to give it a reset. I'd like to see him give Ukraine what they could get, but Austin says Secretary lost and says that that's going to be tough. But since it's been promised, they should be able to get, you know, be able to keep the money.
Speaker 4: Well. I love that he's going out with a bang, and I love that Joe is like, you know you're gonna remember me. You think y'all forget y'all counting me out? They can Joe going out with a bang, like you're gonna remember me for good? Bad or indifferent. So do it, Joe, do it.
Speaker 2: I know, And what I want to want to remember is inflation right now is at two point one percent, our GDP is up three percent, and manufacturing is booming, you know, more than it has in thirty years. So let's not you know, when the other one's claiming credit for it, and that we talked about the economy in six months to a year. I want ever been to remember who actually did the work for that.
Speaker 4: Here, Bobby, in six months to the year. I don't know what we're gonna remember, because good God, it's Petrifa to see is where the world may be possibly headed in light of news. We want to give a prayer from our page to pass the TD Jake's something happened to him on the pool pit. Yeah, we're gonna we're gonna just send there lift him up in prayer because oh, y'all really want to know what I really think and I don't want to tell y'all, but anyway, Yeah, we're gonna see, we're gonna lift him up a break from where we're going. Where we're going to.
Speaker 2: So tariffs, so he's he is saying that he's gonna put that twenty percent.
Speaker 4: Wait a minute, Bobby, what about the tariffs he's he.
Speaker 2: Said on day one, he's putting on a twenty five percent tariff to Mexico and Canada, and he's doing something with China, and it's it's in part because he wants set no set no ceased, you know, coming over those borders and illegal illegal aliens to stop the invasion of our country and ruining it. And just like that, turnaround Mexico's president Claudia Shinbaum. I don't know why that tickles me so much, but shine bomb in Mexico. She she suggested that her current country could retaliate against Trump's administration and she could stick stick tariffs on as well. ABC was reporting that earlier.
Speaker 4: And Bobby, you know that sixty percent of our food comes from somewhere else, so it really so now are we going to have to pay? So food prices are going to be We thought we were vucaled at the knees. Good God, by that they retaliate. Do you know how much a chicken would cost?
Speaker 2: Chicken? Screw a chicken, an avocado they come from Mexico, They'll be forty nine to ninety nine, Jump said, he made a comment that was his favorite word in the world in the dictionary is tariff. I think he actually needs to read what it does and what happens. We are going to be in trouble with food flam because between the immigration, if he gets rid of all of these workers that are in service positions and who are picking our food and our products, and our product are soybeans that we sell back to China, and then putting tariffs on f we're paying. You know, We're not gonna be able to sell them out. We're not going to be We're gonna I'm gonna be slim. You're gonna be calling me twiggy in a year.
Speaker 4: You're I ain't gonna be here because you know, I got to have my coffee. Coffee gonna be too expensive. I ain't gonna be able to afford it, big prices that are going to be astronomical. And especially if you got a family, this is and especially if AI takes your job and then there is no service to help you, no unemployment. What are people going to do? That is the question. It is going to be so terrifying, and I wish that people would have really thought long term about what we were up against it's a done deal now.
Speaker 2: But yeah, they didn't pay attention flam. It's really what it comes down to. They fucked around. Now they're gonna find out they should have paid. They went to TikTok and Instagram and Facebook and they read the opinion pieces that people put out and they didn't actually do the hard work. I hope that it's not a biggest mess as it potentially could be. As I said, I don't want to be Why can't I say apockalyptic because so many people right now are so negative and we are stuck with what we're stuck with. But the thing that scares me, and I've said this since the beginning for me, what scares me is Elon Musk. So he came out he wants to cut the parederal government by seventy five percent. We do too much, we do too much regulation. So that means what the food that we do get is going to be rotted and you know, diseased because well we not have an FDA. But he came out with I don't know if it's a hit list, I don't know what it is. But he came out with the list of people that already he has publicized it of people that of jobs that he would like to cut. I was watching CNN just before this and they had an Everitt Kelly on he's the national president of American Federation of Government Employees. I don't know if it's a union, and that's that's like a big huge name. Excuse me. And he said a lot of the people that he deals with in a lot of these positions are veterans. He says, they're certainly not going to go lying down. And I think we have all said, including this Everett, I am all for efficiency, he said, but go after the service contracts. It's true. I remembered reading an uticle heavy fifteen years ago, and it was I don't know if it was based on bases here in this country bases in another country. They were selling toilet seats. Some outside contractor was selling the army toilet seats. They were eight hundred and seventy five dollars. Well, mine just cracked under my fat ass, and I went to home depot and for twenty nine to ninety nine I got a mac Daddy. So go after that stuff. That is government waste. We don't need to be paying eight hundred and seventy five bucks toilet seed.
Speaker 4: We publicly watched Elon musk By or purchase or whatever they want to call it, his way to the position that heard about the have and until they have a public or private father that he makes public because I damn sure believe he will make a public any man that turns his back on his own kid. And I'm saying what I'm saying because he did it publicly for being with the life that was given, that was help to them. Is something wrong with this man? So for us to even think that he would consider us because he turned his back on his own transient the kid allegedly according to the news, or that's what the kid said. I'm telling you right now, Bobby, who knows what's going to happen. But he should not be put in position of power to publicly even go after anybody like that. See all of that to me, when you're a politician, which none of these people are politician. They just get these appointments. When you're a politician, that doesn't work because there's a certain language that politicians, especially American politicians, are supposed to speak, but that nctionary has changed under the Trump regime. There is no certain language. They said, what the hell they want to say?
Speaker 2: It's true. They probably we have the dictionary. Their dictionary is probably in the back of the Bible. He's hawking along with the Constitution with all the pieces missing, and then it's probably the Trump dictionary. Can you know? Awful? And you know, I thought it was funny. He actually Trump actually spoke out about this. He said it was unfortunate, but sometimes it happens in business. He has a confidant, Epstein, and Epstein was trying to sell being close to the cabinet or cabinet positions he would recommend to Trump for Scott percent that was chosen. He was he wanted thirty thousand dollars a month, and I'm like, what do you think these positions pay. I think they make one hundred and fifty one hundred and seventy five, which sounds like a lot of money. People, But in Washington, d c. When a studio apartment is like thirty five hundred and there's nothing in it. Sometimes you used to have, like congressmen that would be four bunk beds for the love of God, because it was so they had to run the house at home, and then they had to have housing there. It's now thirty thousand a months and Trump kind of like slapped their hands like, oh, they shouldn't do that, that's wrong. So we'll see what happens. But it was happening kind of like Cohen was doing it as well, you know, turned around and turned his back on him.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I saw that. Ruly. Giuliani says that he has no cash, But I do believe that Trump is going to pardon him and all his phonies that he's already promised during his campaign. He promised to pardon all the people and involved in the January sixth insurrection. So, you know, a lot of people, just like a lot of us, I'm not very pleased. And he won. There's a flip side to that, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there is, and he has he but he told us all along that he was going to do that, So that's not going to be that's not going to be shocking. Something else that people are batting around and I hate, I hate that he always has to be one to shake the high road. But I don't know if it would be a smart political move. I'm having Biden pardon Trump for the good of the country, for unity of the country, So there's no more talk about anything, and just like let it go. He's never going to be held accountable. And I think I think it is. It is dividing a lot of people. I don't know, I feel a lot of ways. I did talking head about that.
Speaker 4: I hope Joe Biden does not do that because I don't want that to be on his legacy.
Speaker 2: Well, floor right, And I'll.
Speaker 4: Understand exactly what you're saying, Bobby, because I do think that. I don't think they would change the temperament, because I think that the tornado is already loose and you they're not going to be able to get control of it for a while. But I would not like to see that on his legacy, not only because we've seen it play out publicly, but just because of the way he has attacked this man's children and him as a man. But no, absolutely not, absolutely true.
Speaker 2: I just worry. I mean, did you see I've never been a Walmart shopper me personally. I've got my own personal reasons. I like companies not to buy service of the goods. I like all little kids to get an education and all that stuff. And I don't like somebody working hired for a penny a week or whatever, and they're very open about their policies because they're trying to get the best price and the best deal for the best person. But they also got rid of the DEI, their DEI program. So I'm like, I hope that you people that are Walmart shoppers that you're thinking about stuff like this. The only way we stop things is we hit people on their pocketbook and we let them know that we're displeased.
Speaker 4: So fortunately, I think a lot of companies are going to follow suit with that. Bobby I was looking today. I was looking today on Instagram and I've seen I think it was on neighborhood talk that Toyota has decided to look no longer back any kind of gate prapparade anything LGBT. I believe that the hand was put forced into the lion's mouth and now the lion is biding, and God, I didn't want this to happen, And this is why I was protesting about it, because I believe that it was one thing that you know, we had we one percent, we had voices, but they allowed so many angry voices to speak for us as a community, and unfortunately, going after women was one thing. Going after children was a whole another ball game. But this country is a serious this country is serious about sports. When they got into the whole sports drama, Bobby, this country makes billions and upon billions of dollars of sports. I think that might have been a nail in our coffin, honestly, more so than anything else.
Speaker 2: You know, the sapphire about that, God bless if that was a cough or sneeze. Do you know how many high school, junior, high school professional sports. Do you know how many trans people are actually trying to play on the opposite team. Out of the billions of people, we have one hundred. It's like nothing like.
Speaker 6: But they allowed the nobodies with the loud voices and platforms, Bobby, to talk and talk and talk, and then the Republicans took it, flipped it, utilize it, weaponize it, and they're using it against us. And that is what has happened, Bobby, because the amenities that we have been afforded as a trans community or gay community, from marriage equality to healthcare, housing surgeries.
Speaker 4: You know, you can work jobs, you can get your name change, you can live freely. It was not enough of this so called young wol culture, and they took too much and now they're going to take everything back, and that is unfortunate for so many, especially for young people who are really in a crisis, who really need somebody to talk to about how they feel. With the the motions, They're going to be the ones that will be the most they sheveled and lost.
Speaker 2: I believe so, and I believe the trans community, the trans youth, are the ones that take it the hardest because they stand out.
Speaker 4: So I do too.
Speaker 2: I'm as I started to say earlier, between the reproductive rights and these rights, we're passing our kids less than what we had. I think in nineteen seventy five they have less rights now then they You know, this is crazy, but we're gonna have to We're gonna have to keep fighting. We're gonna have to fight the big fight. That's that's what democracy actually is. And it's sad we are losing footing. You're one hundred percent right, we'll get there again, but we're lost these years that we could have been that much further further along.
Speaker 4: Well, I'm gonna tell y'all what out there and left and learning. Whatever happens, We're gonna say, be here to give it to y'all, but we won't try to give it to us back. Ye know, we do have the can Learn podcast page on Instagram and Bobby controls that. So send messages and ideas, send things that you might possibly want us to talk about. Because what we want to do here is laugh with you. You laugh with us, but learn from us, and we learn from you. So tell us we know if, especially if you're right out there on the streets, we want to know, so we can share it.
Speaker 2: Because absolutely, and now and again, Aaron puts up puts up the live version of this on YouTube, So if you like seeing it, go there too, and you can leave my messages to us there as well.
Speaker 4: Oh this turkey that I'm gonna eat tomorrow, why he.
Speaker 2: Probably looked like a god, bless him. Chuck Woolery died.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, he was the original host of the Will of Fortune.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and Love Connection, remember that and Scrabble.
Speaker 4: But you know what, Bobby, I don't remember him as the original host of the Will of Force. I only ever remember Pat Jack.
Speaker 2: He was Yeah, I don't me too, I don't I don't know what he went to he went to he left, and then Pat Field in no I don't know if he want to do one of those other shows. Oh my god, can you see this? My fat ass. The piston in my chair gave out and I'm shrinking.
Speaker 4: Oh my god. See and uh the Wizard of No more, no more stuffing for you, Bobby Clifford, that's it. Oh yeah, you a minute. So he must have done like the will Unfortune for maybe like a week, because from as long as I can remember, Pat Saint Jack was always that host. Ryan Ryan Seacrest is the host now because Pats Jack finally retired, but he was the host of that show for Oh my god, Jesus forever. I wanted one job. You just do it every day.
Speaker 2: Yeah it is, but you like a little you like. But you know, they don't really do want They do a million a million things which you would do. Is It's funny when you're busy, you get busier and busier and busier and busier. Like this, you got you got a million irons in the fire. Jesus, would I love toash.
Speaker 4: I don't want no iron in my fire.
Speaker 2: I'd like something. I'd like to be able to. He was the you know why, because we were too little. He was He hosted it from seventy five to eighty one.
Speaker 4: Okay, because good God pat Saint Javis there forever. Okay, ladies and gentlemen, it is. It's Thanksgiving Eve, and I don't know. I'm telling you, I know a lot of people have a lot of anxiety. You cannot change what is already done. You just have to learn how to grapple with it and continue to be as happy as you can. Because we don't know what next Thanksgiving is going to look like. So I'm from that and learn from Bobby Clifford and myself. We employ you guys to really embrace this holiday season I'm talking about so many people say that Thanksgiving have different meanings to them. We don't get into the political part about that. We're getting into the part that you grew up celebrating Thanksgiving and a different time with your family and love and share. Get the people you love, Get with people you even if you get political differences. Don't talk politics at the dinner table. Just talk life. Don't talk politics, but get with people, because I'm telling you, we don't know what next thing Giving is gonna look like, So enjoy, embrace it. Don't eat too much because then you be on o Zipic and Ozipicas has Hel from what I hear it is and with gov. So yeah, just enjoy and you gonna be with your family tomorrow.
Speaker 2: I'm good. I am am and I am and I'm trying to do everything as the positive. But i want to tell you I love you and I appreciate you, and I'm very thankful for you this year, and I am them as well.
Speaker 4: Bobbie, oh see you see listen, I love the White Lady. The White Lady's so nice. I love you back By, you know, you my favorite. And me and me and Bobby talk all the offline all the time. Y'all got the questions Jesus so they never stop. But I love them for it. Quiet mind, We thank you, Thank you for our producer Aaron. You guys have a safe holiday. We will see you on Laughing the next week. Listen, enjoy your holiday. Uh stay stay stay leary of whatever's happening in the world, because we're not in the crisis now it's holiday season. Hopefully people will get their man focused on joyful things and happy things. Bobby, what can we follow you at?
Speaker 2: You can follow me at Bobby Clifford on Facebook. For Bobby and on TikTok and Instagram, and be nice to the people on Black Friday. If you're going out there, be careful. I almost had the tar kicked out of me once for a Teddy Ruts fan. It's not worth it.
Speaker 4: Well my first. For the record, all my Fridays are black anyway. I'm not going out there with all those foods. I don't get that excited about stuff like that. But because they be acting so fanatical, like the stuff is going like like next week, it's not going to be at the same price. Calm the hell down, people. You can find me on all social media platforms on Flame Monroe and Monro Flame on Instagram demo I'm Black from Last for another thirty days at Malpa. Man. You know I did not say congratulations to Congresswoman's Senator Sarah McBride. She's senator right, cong yes, and she hold on, oh god now senator senator.
Speaker 2: Oh no, I think it's congressman, because isn't it Mace. Isn't it Mace and Marjorie Taylor Green that are given to the business. It's stay a bathroom's right, so it's got to be She's got to be a Representative.
Speaker 4: Congress Congresswoman Sarah mcbrad, the first openly trans woman to uh to accomplish getting that high position on Congress. I want to also, no, no, no, no, I said that, bro. We want to say to the first trans woman to become the first Senate congresswoman, Right, Bobby, it is, And you.
Speaker 2: Know what we should probably do from you and from Lafe and learn. Maybe if we could send her a few boxes of poise pads, she won't have to worry about the bostom that she goes to she she gets.
Speaker 4: Back to her office. The sad part, ladies and gentmen, is that we can't even celebrate her victory because they are so going bonkers over which bathroom this woman is order to use When she clearly represents, looks like, and affiliates herself as a as a woman and a woman of class indignity, let me show you how classes she is as opposed to her taking a low road and coming back with her come back after after some of other her constituents went after her. She says, I am here to represent the Delawareans, which is the state that she represents, Delaware, and she's not worried about which bathroom. She has no problem with whichever bathroom she has to use. That is what I'm talking about. That is the adult approach, and that is not feeding poking the bear. But unfortunately we didn't poke the ship at the bear. He was a hibernation. We just woke them up and good god.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she didn't call anybody a bleach blonde, bad body bitch.
Speaker 4: And she also didn't talked about nobody's bad eyelashes. She was a classy with the way she conducted herself. And I'm telling you, that is what American politics was supposed to look like. But the language has changed. The language has changed in and I'm afraid for her because they're already being irate towards this woman, uh and for being a trans woman, nothing else. They're not going after her qualifications, they're not going after her dignity, they're not going after the fact that she worked to get this posician. They're just only talking about what this woman represents in the way she represents herself. It's ridiculous, It is absolutely ludicrous. But that is where we are here as a nation, ladies, And never hear left and learned. We are not trying to get you to change your man. We are only trying to get you to use your man because why Bobby's.
Speaker 2: Is your mind in your vote are a terrible thing to.
Speaker 4: Waste were it's a little to relate for them votes and don't recount. It's a done deal.
Speaker 2: We have the new term elections coming up, and vote for people that are like McBride, people who are willing to go into work for you. That's the last I'm going to say. I am, I'm done.
Speaker 4: Terry A have a fantastic Thanksgiving body, but we don't eat too much turkey.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, if I have a piece besides the horrible gas, I fall asleep immediately.
Speaker 4: I think that might have been a little tea man. A fantastic time that Joe. We've seen Gus next week. Why don't miss an episode of Laugh and Learn. Listen and subscribe on the Black Effect Podcast Network, I Heart Radio app or wherever you get your podcasts. Laugh and Learn Podcast is a production of the Black Effect Podcast Network and iHeartRadio. Our ejective producer is Tiffany Hattish. Our theme music is by the one and only Chrissy Payne. Thank you guys, this is slamming row. Don't forget to laugh, listen and learn