Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This is the Players Lounge, broadcasting live from Dallas Cowboys World headquarters at the Star. Now your hosts Barry Church, Danny McCrae, HECMA Harrison, and Newie Scrugs.
Speaker 2: Here we are in action.
Speaker 3: Hello wa, we ain't on the Okay, hellas loud.
Speaker 4: Dallas Cowboys dot Com Radio brought to you from the SWBC podcast studios here at the Star. You know the crew Barry Church, Harrison and I am Scrugs. Cowboys getting ready for a Monday night contest against the l A Chargers. The city is feeling good. City is feeling good about the baseball team because the baseball team went out there last night. Rangers swept the Oriols. So we got something to feel good about coming out that Sunday lost and yeah top of the count.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, they about to run into the forty nine ers two after this so that they won, just so they could play them good old Astros after we finished. You know what I'm saying, closing out So it's cool, and I wanted none by cheating. I want nothing by cheating that was years ago. They that won ever since. Okay, I wanted nothing about it, but you know, but it's good for the city.
Speaker 2: So no win. You know what side that man is on, right, Yeah?
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 4: Look, look crowd sitt up there lately. We want Houston.
Speaker 2: You don't you see them smacking home runs out the park yesterday?
Speaker 4: We don't want that work now.
Speaker 2: I don't know it's gonna be good. Serious though, Look, Houston's got to.
Speaker 4: Beat the Twins. Okay, there's there's still that game to play.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Minnesota, Minnesota.
Speaker 4: Minnesota can win two games.
Speaker 2: They can, so I'll just say they can.
Speaker 4: So Saturday, Saturday, the Rangers will either be in Minnesota or they'll be in Houston, either way for the America League Championship Series. Then somebody put up the tweet that said, over the last two years, three of the four pro sports teams have played in their league championship series, which one has not.
Speaker 2: It is facts, but.
Speaker 4: From three Yeah, so you don't win, you don't win. This is what happens here. But the Cowboys have an opportunity for redemption this week because there is a game to play. It's Chargers. It's in Los Angeles.
Speaker 2: All right the West Coast, Tripp going back to Cally.
Speaker 4: It's your team, it's your club, your second club. It's just so, how are you feeling right now?
Speaker 3: No, it's it's gonna be a tough matchup, you know for the Cowboys overall when we look at you know what what La does and what Kellamore does best, that's pushed the ball down field.
Speaker 2: And from what we've seen from the Cowboys, if.
Speaker 3: The quarterback does have some time back there, you can, I don't want to say expose their secondary, but you can complete some passes against the secondary if that rush isn't coming alive.
Speaker 2: So it's gonna be a tough matchup for the Cowboys.
Speaker 3: But I will say this and give credit to McCarthy when it comes to this, after taking losses, I mean, the guy since twenty twenty one, what.
Speaker 2: Is he ten? Ten and one one? Whatever that is? One and then they wonder ten and one.
Speaker 3: So after taking those losses, man, he's gotten his he's galvanized the troops and he's gotten them going.
Speaker 2: So overall, it's gonna be a tough match up.
Speaker 3: But I expect the Cowboys to come out better than they did against the forty nine Ers, and we'll see they gonna need it. What I'm gonna see immediately from my team is where they are psychologically after the forty nine Ers game.
Speaker 5: Have they been able to put that tape away? Are they still reeling? Are they still listening to the media? Where are they seriously? Because this thing can snowball for real from just off all the media talk and hearing players talking not talk, this could be something that could be devastating. What happens if they lose again going into the bye This thing gonna be on your noble status. Man, I'm just like long think you know the show is gonna be on.
Speaker 2: No good man, I think this is this is an opportunity for nice shirt. Man.
Speaker 5: Appreciate it, man, appreciate it. You know what I'm saying said I look good at rich, so I would.
Speaker 2: It ain't, but this is an opportunity.
Speaker 5: Like I think, last week we learned something about the Cowboys. Okay, as far as as far as as far as tiers of where you belong when people start talking about the best teams in the league. So now, okay, so you started off the season playing the lower tier of teams and you matched up quite well. Okay, you went out there and you did were supposed to do for the most part, and then you had an opportunity to play the upper echelon team them and the Eagles undefeated, the two of the best teams in the league.
Speaker 2: You got to play one of them, and you got to see where you were.
Speaker 5: Okay, Now you get an opportunity to show if you are a little bit above the rest of the pack that's in the middle, those Chargers, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, the Seattle Seahawks, the detroit You get to see if you are there below are just a little bit of buck because we already know you not up there with.
Speaker 2: Right now.
Speaker 5: So you got so they talked about measuring stick game, this is also a measuring stick game, all right. So you get a chance to see if you're gonna be able to bounce back from what you went through last week, and then also show, hey, man, look are you competitive or are you not? Because we don't know what they are based off the first three games that they played for the first four, right, because they lost to the Cardinals, and then the other ones were quarterback deficiencies. They just pretty much led the whole the whole downfall of those teams. So you get to see this week and next week and well the week after that after the bye week, and then you know, you got the Eagles got another test and then you get the uparcelon tests again. So did you get better or or are we gonna see the same type of stuff that we saw against the forty niners.
Speaker 4: Chargers are two and a half point underdogs in this game. And when you talked about the measures, is it is it as simple as the arrow spinch Bud Crawford fight.
Speaker 2: That was such a crazy analogy yesterday.
Speaker 5: Man, that was cold bloody man, I mean was no, it's true talking and you did not lie. I'm just saying that at a certain point that Crawford fight was like throw the towel in, you know, throw the stoppings. Hey, when they did the double reverse fleet flicker, I just turned my TV off.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 2: I watched the rest of it the next day. Man, they need.
Speaker 3: I know what was happening anyway coming exactly, go ahead and go to sleep.
Speaker 2: Crazy.
Speaker 4: But but you know we we I know going into that fight, you know I was that man Spence gonna come through, and then Bud went to work and it was like okay, And after that fight we all said, okay, there's a clear separation, clear separation.
Speaker 2: That's how I.
Speaker 4: Feel about where the thing is right now. So this, as Tyler Smith adequately said, we must respond. So we have to see how they respond. One thing we know about the Chargers is week Austin Eckler says he ninety nine percent sure he's coming back.
Speaker 2: That's big time. That's big time.
Speaker 3: Why wouldn't Who's healthy now?
Speaker 4: But we don't know, because because your guy doesn't like to run the ball, so he might Eler might get nine carries.
Speaker 2: I'll give him nine. I don't know about after that. I don't know. I don't know. Man, you know they'd be running the ball pretty well.
Speaker 3: So but maybe Kellen go try to prove the po I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: This matchup it does favor when you talk about defense and defensively for the Cowboys, it does favor them in this way. You know that Kellen, like I said before, like the the ball down the field. So in order to do that, your drops got to be deeper. You get those five those seven step drops, and what does that do? It gives time for a parsons of d law to get back there. The reason I think they weren't able to get You know, in that forty nine Ers game, party was getting out of so quick.
Speaker 2: I mean those crossing runs at West Coast offense. He was getting out so fast.
Speaker 3: He didn't have time for those guys to get back there. But in this matchup, it kind of favors what dan Quinn does. If they're able to get any type of penetration on Justin Herbert out there, it could get real.
Speaker 5: It could get real. I remember the game that we played. It was two years ago. I believe we played Tampa Bay in the first game of the season. We didn't run. We were like, hey, extensive of the run game, all right, we just gonna get out of there and we just gonna get the ball out quick. If you don't think killing Moore has that in mind as he watches the film of what you get, like what happens to you when you just drop back pass all day? So boy wonder like I'm not. I don't want to take anything away from Kelly. He know how to call some plays. His problem here was in those crucial situations of where you got to you gotta have it, you gotta have it. That was his issue and not calling plays all right, So you got to you gotta expect that he's gonna come out here. He's gonna say, all right, I do have a point to prove because I'm going to give one of the best defensive play callers in the league and I'm not here at the Cowboys anymore.
Speaker 2: It's the first fifteen, like those stricted plays that he had.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's like we're seeing it here with the Cowboys when they come out fast and the first fifteen they're on it, they're ready. It's those once you get off the script and you gotta, like you gotta say situational football. You gotta go out there and call the game to try to win the game. That's where my man does struggle. I will admit that's.
Speaker 2: Where he does struggle. So it's gonna be a good match up both ways. Let me ask you this.
Speaker 5: I mean, for Kellen, you don't have to overthink this. You've been off for a week. You watch the tape for the forty nine ers, and like we said, this is a copycat league. Man like Vic vangiol I gave you the blueprint. Let me show you how to do it. I'm not saying that they have the personnel. I don't know, they don't have to, but I'm at.
Speaker 2: Least see if you fix that. You know, let's see if you fix that.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna see if that's saying that linebacker drops into the the area like vanders did when pretty got that ball over the top of because they have a good enough quarterback. Not no, they have a great quarterback that can make all the throws and do all of those disruptive things with his arms and his legs.
Speaker 2: So it's it's a it's a nasty test.
Speaker 5: And I think when you're talking about the tier levels of where you are, he's just basically saying his levels to this, his levels to this, And y'all don't played with some great players, hall of fame players.
Speaker 2: Look, y'all know what.
Speaker 5: It's a big difference between this and that, which one of you I mean? And I'm literally right there with.
Speaker 2: You and Justin Herbert is good not great? No, I can't go with you on that can't enough? What is not that made him great? Look, I'm just.
Speaker 5: Saying just from the eyeball test, from just talent alone. Yeah, just watching no, no, no, no, talent. Well, I mean, he hasn't he hasn't gotten to the upper restaurant. So when you're talking about achievements, no, he's not great. But when you're talking about just talent, okay, I'm okay, all right, But but him as that quarterback when you talk about great quarterbacks in the league, I don't think you're mentioning it.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't put I wouldn't put him there yet. I don't want to get out where you got? Where is Herbert?
Speaker 5: Then on the elite stats, if we're gonna one to five, he's in top five, yes, I would let me get right, he's the only guy in that division had to take his team to Super Bowl. Let me let me get I gotta gett You got my homes Okay, Rogers, we're not counting Rodgers because he hurt. You got about your top five?
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 5: If that's the case, then we don't have that many elites quarterbacks in the football And then so so I think it's fair to say that when you're looking at I know you don't like to hear this, but you're looking at Jalen Hurts and you're looking at Patrick Mahomes. Uh dare I say, Jared Goff based off how much better he's been getting since he's been in Detroit. When you start looking, when you start looking at those type of guys, Okay, yeah, he's good. But as far as being characterized as being great eyed on, you would take her, You would take Herbert over the Lions quarterback all day long.
Speaker 2: That would.
Speaker 5: Yes, Yeah, maybe so maybe so. I mean they listen, Jared Golf has been on the tear for the last two years. So like when you're talking about like right now or whatever, I don't know, I have to you have to watch the tape on Jared Goff.
Speaker 2: He's bawlling. Bro. I'm like, you can't tell it's the Detroit Lions.
Speaker 5: He's balling well, but you know, yeah, it's just it's just not an easy to see I take that.
Speaker 4: Anybody got thoughts about Michael Parson's Ghost podcast talking about Kittle's shirt. The League, by the way, might find Kittle for the shirt, by the way, with the foul language. Michael said, they gonna get their bread more more, get back.
Speaker 5: Hey, you've been a part of some of those envelopes. Oh yeah, I got a couple of I got a couple of. Mike now Man tell you get beat up like that before, you just go ahead and just be quot because you might see him again. That's the thing though, Like you really expect to have to see them again, and it's fair to be like, yeah, yeah, but they don't want to, you know, Bernie just beat you for it to thee for the third time, for the third time. They're not I mean, they don't fear you, like they're not worried about you coming to get your get back and they actually tired of beating down on you like that kind of what.
Speaker 2: They're not even worried about to get about to get back. You ain't never get down.
Speaker 4: What we're talking about, Deebo Samuel.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you just got to regroup, man, just you know, you take it, take your but kicking. Y'all got, y'all got beat down. Y'all didn't have social so y'all didn't have social media. That y'all didn't have. Y'all gonna see them again.
Speaker 5: That was after the first butt whooping, that's okay, But after the second, but with be like, man, y'all know I love it.
Speaker 2: After the third one, I just got to go radio silid. That's all. Get off the get off the social media when up when the season come on like that.
Speaker 3: Man, because he he knows, and it went like it was one play away, like it wasn't like, oh they missed the field, Golden man.
Speaker 2: You know he said thirty two.
Speaker 4: He said the score wasn't indicative.
Speaker 5: It was it wasn't because it should have been sixty to sixty to ten.
Speaker 2: Sam Donald say that.
Speaker 5: Just sometimes I wish, I wish he would just step away from the microphone. We're gonna caunsel the podcast for today. We ain't got nothing to say. We're gonna talk about something else. He's gonna bounce back. Of course, let you do it. Off the line line, off the ball, linebacker, Okay, you talking about don't say that they put him out there when Van the rest got hurt. You're saying he made some place too.
Speaker 3: But they wonder, you know about the when they released what was the what was the linebacker that they released Devin Harper.
Speaker 2: He was a depth beast there because the safety is in there. That ain't gonna work. That ain't gonna work.
Speaker 4: Important today says that Shaan Evans is gonna get you can practice. Sean Evans, former lineback at Alabama, first round picking Tennessee. He was a leading tackler for Atlanta last year, so so there's there could.
Speaker 5: There could be some Hell, let's be fair here, Okay, they not playing the forty nine ers again this season. That is a very dynamic, unique type of running style that the that the forty nine ers run. They're not gonna see that again Philly.
Speaker 2: The closest you.
Speaker 5: Know what's upsetting about that is that everybody's giving the forty nine ers they they roses and their flowers right now and if they play this game that nobody's gonna beat them at that game. But Philadelphia is just sitting back solidly going, oh, y'all think that's the best. I mean, defensive line wise, Philly's defensive line, it's crazy. So we got to see Philly twice, so we've if we've used that as a as a test of where we were against the forty nine ers, we get to take that test again. My point about the running game is as far as how creative they get, as far as they got to tight ends off the ball, they bringing them compos that type of stuff. Phil Philly doesn't do no type of stuff. So you're not going to see that again this season. To where it's like, man, well, linebackers look lost and slow because you know they'll step behind because they don't know what's going on.
Speaker 3: I don't think you're going to see that. We'll say ball that way. That was right they it was.
Speaker 2: It was I'm trying to read the guard pulling Manfrey on a sweep. Then he pivot around and hit hit Deebo Samuel on a counter.
Speaker 5: I'm like, man, that's tough, but you're not gonna see that again. So like a fairness to the Cowboys, you got to prepare to stop the run against the teams that that you're going to be playing. Not like looking back at the forty n I was like, we have to fix this now. You ain't got Now you need to worry about the schemes that you're gonna play for the rest of the season.
Speaker 4: Let's take a break.
Speaker 2: Take a break.
Speaker 4: I feel like we need a break here, like stuck in the bud a little bit here, Bury Church, Pam Harrison, Danny Cray. We scrugged. It's the players right on Dallas Cowboys dot Com reading good job.
Speaker 6: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, and.
Speaker 1: They snapped the fresh guy who looks right, it's not there.
Speaker 4: He escaped.
Speaker 2: He'll look full punch down.
Speaker 6: Just like football, when it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade cryptocurrency.
Speaker 1: Crush Scot's gonna rub this ship show running up the middle and he scores.
Speaker 6: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, They've got you covered. What are you waiting for? Get started at blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 5: Hi, I'm Danny mccraig, Dallas Cowboys alumni player here with's Smoothie King and Smoothie King wants to ask you, what's that sound? That's the sound of you and everyone else absolutely loving New smoothie bowls from Smoothie King and.
Speaker 2: Whoo Me Too.
Speaker 5: These smoothie bowls start with US III and Pataya and are handcrafted with fresh topics like sliced bananas, sweetberries, crunchy Purely Elizabeth granola, and a savory peanut butter drizzle. New smoothie bowls only at Smoothie King, the official smoothie of the Dallas Cowboys to.
Speaker 7: Kick off the twenty twenty three NFL season, Hugo Boss teamed up with the NFL and Micah Parsons to launch and iconic apparel collection featuring hoodies, crews, T shirts, polos, joggers, and more. The bold, unique apparel of the Boss NFL collection unites football and fashion while reflecting what it truly means to be a boss. Get yours today at NFL shop dot com, slash Hugo Boss, at Hugo Boss dot com and at Boss retail stores hashtag be your own Boss.
Speaker 8: We got big personalities, we got big hair, big bell buckles. We got fans all across as big state and enemies and every other one. We even got a big star on the fifty yard line. Smirnov knows football is a wee thing and experience that is best enjoyed together with good drinks and good.
Speaker 2: Folks home are away.
Speaker 8: We rally together, we cry together, and we always rally cry together because most of all, we got big love for them boys. Smirnoff we do game days. Please drink responsibly.
Speaker 2: To the players loud.
Speaker 5: Check out the latest and greatest addition to tours at At Stadium and at the Star and Frisco meet Jerry Jones an interactive experience, get a peek behind the curtain and into the fascinating life of Jerry Jones. What they focus on innovative fan experience in partnership with AT and T. This interactive technology gives tour gores the opportunity to ask mister Jones a variety of questions. For more information and to book your tour, visit Dallascowboys dot com slash Tours.
Speaker 4: Thank you, heck Ma Harrison players last out to you by Tostinos. The players at Buried Church and Cray Scruts Cowboys getting ready to face the Chargers on Monday, saw something on Twitter. Has not been confirmed that said Mike McCarthy yesterday had not gone home after the loss of the forty nine, is working twenty hours, the.
Speaker 2: Lab lady trying to get it right, so the lab man.
Speaker 4: Anyway, that was one person I said. Has not been corroborated by any of the Beat reporters. I'll do the media match today and I'll ask questions see exactly what any of that truth.
Speaker 2: Are they saying that he said that today or is that like that was just.
Speaker 4: A Twitter report Twitter from someone who who I do not see here on the rig.
Speaker 2: Yeah okay, yeah.
Speaker 4: So that's why I said I gotta go check it and trying to get right.
Speaker 5: I ain't gonna make for the big mic or something like that. Yeah, yeah, you're right, man.
Speaker 4: Because by guy, a guy named Tom Downey who's the host of the Cowboys Report. So don't don't really, I can't say I know Tom. I had seen Tom round my knowledge, but he put out a tweet that said the McCarthy's been had gone home and been up here working twenty hours. So, like I said, I hadn't seen anybody else confirm it. So but here's the exact cool it's twenty hours ago, he tweeted. Mike McCarthy took the forty nine ers loss hard hasn't left the facility since they got back, working twenty hours a day, committed to figuring out how the offense can work while only running a quick game. Asked his coaches to not go home to their families in quote, so that.
Speaker 5: He knew, knew, knew. Are you trying to catch heck? Heck been on his third rumors for the last three weeks.
Speaker 3: Now you're gonna read his bad room.
Speaker 5: I asked his coaches not to go home to their families.
Speaker 2: They don't wait till monday, talking about once again, that's foolish. Did I tell you I don't know this guy.
Speaker 4: I said, it had been corroborated by anybody who covers.
Speaker 5: He said, I heard his room on Twitter. I ain't gonna say that. I ain't gonna read it. But what it says is, man, don't go home to your family. Hey, let's say listen, we took a loss. Okay for that loss, ain't nobody leaving.
Speaker 2: Shut the studio down. Everybody don't like that the studio.
Speaker 5: Now all your wife tell us you're not You're not coming home, your kids, whatever you got at home, you can't go, can't go shoot program.
Speaker 2: I know he started that one. Man, I don't put me in that. Don't put me in that. I don't know, Like I said, I don't believe. I just want to make that.
Speaker 4: I don't know Tom. I put I put everything else out there on this, and I said, I heard what I said.
Speaker 5: Man, I don't you know it is big Mike sleep. You gotta say everybody's sleeping that one off.
Speaker 3: Okay, they got an extra day.
Speaker 2: I don't know. Hey, we're gonna kill we ain't gonna start. I want to do the shows.
Speaker 6: What time?
Speaker 2: I don't know, Tom Christ have you ever read Tom down? You know Tom?
Speaker 4: That's what Tom put out this or not? Okay, what Tom said? I've never seen Tom. That's That's kind of one of the things I get these emails all the time from from these PR companies when people go and do these national shows and they talk about the Cowboys, and they'll ask me to run something like hey, Chris Carter said this or this person said that. And the one time they put a blogger guy, I'm like, hey, look, no offense, but I know the blogger, but he's never here. There's a whole different town. Yeah, he covers the team on his site, but he's never here. And I said, so what he's trying to say. I'm thinking he's taking a little bit out of context.
Speaker 2: Because I was there, so it's probably.
Speaker 5: No. No, I'm saying that probably what Tom did. Some more Tom's tweets, he I got some mess as to go home today family, Like when you got.
Speaker 2: To that part up today valid he was like he was going home.
Speaker 4: This coaches not to go home to.
Speaker 3: We're going to cave. Man, I'm believing. I don't believe still like you all think you can do. It's cold.
Speaker 2: I got sugar in my cool aid.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I sugar A little bit, No, no, a little bit, a little bit, a little bit. It was a little bit enough. Every time we every time we take one of them them right there, one of them type of whoopings. Yeah, I got the feelter Ot, I'm, you know, trying to.
Speaker 3: Take a little bit of take a little bit of it out percentage wise where you at right now with cars.
Speaker 2: But like, how.
Speaker 3: Comfortable I fela going forward colling players offensively because so listen, I started at one hundred.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I started at one hundred because I say, man, if they talking about firing you and getting up out of here last you got, you better do it on your own, okay, And you be the reason why, all right, I still feel comfortable with them because it is only week five.
Speaker 2: It is only week five.
Speaker 5: There's a new offensive system going into the UH into the Cowboys with Dak and the receivers and stuff.
Speaker 2: Hopefully they get better.
Speaker 5: If they do start to get better, which we have seen him completely passes down the field over the last two games, even though the last one was a whooping. I think I think we all get we're gonna get a little better. They didn't get the batle cd lamb.
Speaker 2: I know that. Hey, my eyebrows raised.
Speaker 5: I mean, if I started at one hundred, I'm at eighty five, okay, because I mean, what do you get Everything was disrupted. You didn't get a first down till late in the first half. I mean everything was disrupted. Everything about the offense that you thought you were gonna see coming into this matchup did not live up to it. So now you're just like, damn, what offense is this again? What are we actually running? We didn't see the running backs get off. We didn't see the wide receivers get up. We saw nothing. We ain't playing them the most. So now we got to Bolster shared his notes with his brother.
Speaker 4: Is he gonna plu play the last game?
Speaker 5: Well seen, he got the big Q by his name. But all of a sudden, people get healthy with the Cowboys come in town.
Speaker 4: Mike's still gonna get ten. Look at the ten wins.
Speaker 3: Look at the ten I don't really care how they got I'm not like I wanted to make the playoffs, and what a higher minute they got they can have nine wins.
Speaker 5: If the offense is then clicking once they get there with all the weapons that we believe that they have, then I am totally okay. We're going to New York Giants route of closing out the season with a bunch of wins and then making it as far as you can, because you all of a sudden are clicking on all cylinders at that at that at that point, as we know, just like any other football season or any other sport, it's about when you get hot. All right, right now, we ain't hot, We cald, we call, we go, but we can figure out a way to get hot and get Brandon Cooks involved and get see the involved, get our tight ends to catch some pass.
Speaker 3: I think you're not fighting Brad Crawford, like buddy, you might have a rematch who wants to be mad.
Speaker 2: Let somebody else take that somebody else.
Speaker 4: By the way, we have not given any credit to Steve Wilkes the forty nine Ers defense. Steve Wilks has done a fantastic job there because it's his first year there. Last coordinator got the Houston job. Doing a great job down there. But Steve Wilkes should have got the panther job. They're witless without Steve Wilks, and he's gone to the forty nine and he's doing a great job. So hopefully that will catch some eyes of NFL owners because Shannon had less the defensive guys handle the defense, and we've seen two coaches from from there, the last two defensive coordinators get head coaching job. So I'm hopeful Steve Wilks can get get his his dude, because that was a really good job that he did.
Speaker 5: On to that, hey, you know what I'm tired of. I listened and this ain't no rumor because I saw it myself. No, I saw Fred Warner. Okay, go on there, pull a Buddha baker and say he went on, he dand he said this week he said, hey, man, we know that when we line up at Man and Man, they like to run straight.
Speaker 2: Mess routes and short routes.
Speaker 5: So as soon as we lined up at Man and Man, I knew exactly what I had to do to knock the mess of the mess point off and then get in the throw lane and then get a sack that's dictating and that's killing Moore and Mike McCarthy being able to dictate what you're gonna see on the specific down and then disrupt it, just like it happens in practice. I'm so tired of hearing that. I'm tired of hearing it. May Man, you know, he made an outstanding play. Why not talk about it? Why not show? Let me put it? I mean, come on, now, that was a.
Speaker 2: Crazy you know. Yeah, come on, he broke it up. He broke it up, then got the lad and this ain't this ain't nothing.
Speaker 5: If you are playing one robber and you know exactly what's coming on third down, are you gonna stop the play? I know it's we line up a man and they're gonna run. They're gonna run them crosses, and.
Speaker 3: We're finna take it making them say the same thing. Come on, we're gonna get it done.
Speaker 2: You know now. I hope somebody told him, Hey, they know what you're doing, y'all less worried about the defense and the offense. Yeah, you're absolutely. I mean, listen, it happened injuries too. They have injuries to it.
Speaker 5: They're gonna be already it's a big time injury. Then we got some past happy other teams coming up.
Speaker 2: Here.
Speaker 5: They were just coming up on the schedule. Some things got exposed.
Speaker 4: Kellen Moore, Brandon Stay would in the situation they will do that.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I agree with that. Will have y'all.
Speaker 2: Gonna have every week.
Speaker 4: He trying to help the other team. He those decisions, man, are gonna be be over. Say so, if they could stop the pre snap penalties, and that's something that that that that truly is a problem right there. You got to stop that. It's inexcusable. And I know they basically tied with just six penalties, but the penalties that ca I always had that first half, these were they were so detrimental as the forty nine ers got out to that lead and established themselves in the first half. They've got to stop doing It's just no calls for these pre snapped.
Speaker 3: And it's not your young guys that are making these penalties. These are your veterans, your leaders of the team that are you know, making these mistakes out there. And you're doing it on third You're doing it when it's when you do it, you're gonna have the pillagers, but you're doing it on third down.
Speaker 5: You get a stop and oh you're off sides, you know, oh now you line up in the neutrals, haunting, taunting man and I'm I'm okay with Michael Parsons like jumping off sides every once in a while as a past rush. That happens with those type of guys lining up both sides as a defender, as.
Speaker 3: A full body like it wasn't like man, he had a toe over that man was yeah, you get right, Nah, get off this like like killed or a burner or something, you know what.
Speaker 2: I'm man like you trying to get on somebody's face like that, Like man, come on, dog was in his head from it's that number one said it that might be too high, might have been too hang. Okay, yeah yeah, listen, that's only we made fun of care for doing this.
Speaker 6: I was.
Speaker 5: The man got out there, land up on the same side, and the field on the same position did the same thing.
Speaker 2: Jersey to space jail. We got the mom stars.
Speaker 5: Come on, come on, come on, no man, listen, it's gonna be a good laughing at us. They laughing at us. It's gonna be a good bounce back opportunity. Bro, It's gonna be a good bounce back opportunity. They wouldn't be laughing at you. If you if your players just stop talking at the would this would have been on to the next week.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that Belichick on on on the on the Los Angeles would have been a good, good line to say. But hey, it is what it is. When we come back here, let's dive into C. J. Goodwin and the loss on special teams. How do you make up for that?
Speaker 2: Danny?
Speaker 4: I want to go to you next when we come back right here on the Players by Dallas Guy with dot comedy.
Speaker 9: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Cowboys Jack Black, and right now Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order plus because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy lipball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP. That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP.
Speaker 6: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, and they snapper.
Speaker 1: The press guy who looks right, it's not there.
Speaker 2: He escaped. Slap, He'll run for a first down.
Speaker 6: Just like football, when it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With Blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade cryptocurrency.
Speaker 1: Prescott's gonna run this himself, run it up the middle, and he scores.
Speaker 6: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, They've got you covered.
Speaker 2: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 6: Get started at blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 7: To kick off the twenty twenty three nflc, Hugo Boss teamed up with the NFL and Micah Parsons to launch an iconic apparel collection featuring hoodies, crews, T shirts, polos, joggers, and more. The bowld unique apparel of the Boss NFL collection unites football and fashion while reflecting what it truly means to be a boss. Get yours today at NFL shop dot com, slash Hugo Boss at Hugo Boss dot com and at Boss retail stores hashtag be your own Boss.
Speaker 8: We got big personalities, we got big hair, big bell buckles, we got fans all across as big state and enemies in every other one. We even got a big star on the fifty yard line. Smirnov knows football is a wee thing and experience that is best enjoyed together with good drinks and good folks.
Speaker 2: Home are away.
Speaker 8: We rally together, we cry together, and we always rally cry together because most of all we got big love for them boys, smeirnof we do game days. Please drink responsibly.
Speaker 2: To the Players.
Speaker 5: Lounge Dallas Cowboy game Time power by Lenovo, the official gaming platform and community of the Dallas Cowboys. Sign up now to compete in Madden twenty four for a chance to win two tickets and a VIP experience to a twenty twenty three Dallas Cowboy home game. Qualifiers begin on October the sixth and run through the thirteenth. Learn more and register at Dallas Cowboys game time dot com.
Speaker 4: Thank you, heck Maherrison. You're in the players Lounge, bought to you by toasts players of Barry Church and Danny Mccrabnewystruction. So I go to you here, Danny CJ. Goodwood Special Teams Ace. They haven't officially done it, but expected to put him on the ir and missed the rest of the season with a peck injury. There Bones Fossil said, it's tremendous loss. How do they compensate?
Speaker 2: That's tough.
Speaker 5: That's tough because there aren't that many special teams like Warriors this out there, like elite special team player like Slaters out there, CJ.
Speaker 2: Go Ones out there.
Speaker 5: It's hard for you to be able to name guys who really make that type of impact on special teams. And oh, by the way, Kevin Joseph is no longer here. Who was your number two guy? As far as the coverage, the gunner, the five you got position, keep positioned. You gotta find a guy or a couple guys to cover that up, specifically on punt team because you saw him make the big play as a gunner on punt and without him there and guys who you really trust in being able to make those type of plays, now you're holding your breath every time you pump the ball or you're trying to angle it out of bounds and then sacrifice in some of that field position because you don't trust what you have at your special team spot. So I don't know who it is because I haven't really seen him. Maybe Ny Sewan right when he gets healthy, that may be a guy who steps in and takes some of what CJ did, But it's not. You're not gonna replace him. You just have to find a way to then work your scheme to make sure that you cover up some of those wards, touchbacks and kicking out of bounds in big time situations when you know that you can't you can't take a you know, ten fifteen yard return against you.
Speaker 3: Now you're a thousand percent correct when you talk about a guy in key positions. If you look at it, he was the gunner that was always down there, not only making plays, but we talk about guys forcing fair catches so they can't get a return. He's usually the guy that's right there in their hip pocket forcing that fair catch. So to take away from that that that's huge for the special teams. And also when you got a guy like that out there as a gunner, it forces teams to vice them, which means they take another guy and there's two on one. Basically without his presence out there, you can leave him that that gunner out there single handedly and that adds another guy to the rush. And potentially, you know, helping to block the pun out there. So there's plenty of variables out there where c J. Goodwoan was basically you know, the special teams making every play out there. So he's gonna be a tough guy to basically replace, because who do you got out there? Now? You got Jalen Tolbert, who we've seen him make, you know, a play here and there, but you have it one more guy like you gotta have another guy out there that's willing to go down there and make those type of plays and hopefully copboys can find it there you go, yeah, Miami, there got some speed to him too, They get it there.
Speaker 5: He's just different, you know, he's a different type of guy. So it's gonna be hard to replace a guy like that. Of course, you can get some guys to step in, and I think you know, Bones is a good coach, so he'll figure out how to get that done.
Speaker 2: But are we missing turping? That was my next.
Speaker 4: We don't know about terping yet. We'll see tomorrow or practice. But if he's got the high ankle, spray your feeling on that.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I mean, my appreciation for c. J.
Speaker 5: Goodwin has cultivated through this room and just which y'all just watched this dude, and just why I am oh man, you know, damn, that's the safety.
Speaker 2: Blanket we got that, you know.
Speaker 5: And and I've seen Jayalen Tobert as you mentioned him. Jayalen Tober is a guy that's kind of shown himself in those situations. But I think that's what I was gonna DoD to Cavante Turpin and his loss the high ankle sprain. You guys know how those high in spray, So that means one of those things you gonna linger. You're gonna deal with it for the rest of the season. And I thought just not bringing up old stuff, but I thought that was once he went down, that was a part of our dimension on special teams that went away, because if you thought that was any way that you're gonna attack San Francisco, it had to have been through special teams, Like we needed a big return, We needed something to happen like that. But going forward, those are just big losses, and you're gonna have to have guys step up.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 5: When you bring up Kelvin Joseph and now his is missing from the equation, and who were gonna have to step into that. I mean I think you go all the way back to your to your dB. You have to go into your dB, your wide receiver room and look at guys like that.
Speaker 2: So I mean that's where I am.
Speaker 5: Uh when when you talk about one Yea Thomas, dudes like that that need to step up and Bones will obviously have to get them prepared for to be that ace on special teams.
Speaker 2: And that's just big shoes to feel.
Speaker 8: Man.
Speaker 5: You don't just say, oh that guy goes down, next man up. No, he's your everything when it comes down to special team. But I have been working out then you know.
Speaker 2: He's been working out. You might not last, but gain gotta.
Speaker 5: Important ones because I I seen you let guys sit on the sideline with the on anyway, let me sit over there. I got three plays.
Speaker 3: Whoa maybe maybe folks, I ain't got nothing for you, I thought, I haven't.
Speaker 2: I have to take money. So we saw take.
Speaker 4: A punk return. Uh are we comfortable with that? Do you look at ceedee lamb?
Speaker 2: Potentially?
Speaker 4: I mean, where where do you what does Bones do?
Speaker 3: I'm going I'd rather go to the dude Bonn route. When you talking about as a returner, you know, did it in college. We see he got his secure hands. He can catch the football well, so not only that he can make plays when you go to ceede Lamb, I feel like, like he said.
Speaker 2: He's a good he can catch the football as well.
Speaker 3: But I feel like he would press at that position, like, man, I'm not getting the ball offensively, let me go out here make a play. And then that's when you know, usually bad things happen when you got guys right in your face.
Speaker 2: But he feels like, man, I can still make this play.
Speaker 3: And plus, I don't want to risk him out there getting hurt because those punt returns.
Speaker 2: I mean, you can get blasted on those things soon route.
Speaker 5: For that and you remember it, Okay, Daz used to return the bunts all right and was getting touchdowns all over the place, and then he hurt that ankle and you ain't see him out there punt return again.
Speaker 2: It ain't happening, It ain't's not even worth it. It's not even worth it.
Speaker 5: Number one receiver at this point, uh pretty much, you know, the only weapon who has really showed up at any point during the season so far besides Tony Poller. I don't think you risk putting him out there on punt return and then risk that injury because then now you're in a world will miss if you somehow lose CD lamb on a play like that. I'm Devil's advocate. All right, situation nowhere, and it's here. You got the charges backed up all right on that goal line. They're punting out. Man, Run CD out there like someone off. Yeah, Man, give me a one off, Give me a one off situation where you know it's not You just need to possess it. Get your offense back out there. But maybe it's time for you to get a big play. I think CD may be able to do it. My thing is this, man, we we have just have to have some type of impact in special teams. We just hadn't had that, and the one time that we did have it it was nullified by a holding penalty. We just have to have something good happen. You want to see the out there.
Speaker 4: I like what Heck was saying in terms of you may need it in the course of the game. You may need a spark. And you know, we don't know how Deuce's gonna hand me one. Thame went out there and handled the first one. But okay, let's see where it goes. But I don't know. Man, if you're sitting around here and you're down in this football game, to send eighty eight back there.
Speaker 2: Might might not be a bad thing.
Speaker 4: So as much as you would like, you run a surprise fake punt on people and bones has been creative how they ran that, the two point conversion ran the fake there, Maybe you send eighty eight back there and just say, hey, man, give me something.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I just when we talk about trying to respond here and we looked at the schedule of where this thing is right now, and this is not a game you can give away. This is a game you need. So if it's all hands on deck, and I asked when it was the Ranger game yesterday? Was right before game three. I asked Bruce Bochie. I said, do you approach game three, how do you handle your bench in your bullpen? He said, Oh, it's all hands dead. He was like, I'm trying to win it tonight.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 4: I'm trying to close these dudes out. Get this game three. I'm not trying to play no games four five, three four no, no. See he was out there, so right here, man, if you're if you find yourself down ten points or seven points. Man, I don't know about it. I don't know if the world's worst thing what he said, but throw eighty eight back to hey, you see if you got some sooner magic.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, that I can hear now, y'all come here. I don't know why we put I should have never done it, should have never done it. We're risking everything. Week six, season over.
Speaker 2: We gotta do it. We do everything. Moment you just the picture that I just saw on my.
Speaker 5: Head is so crazy of how I was just thinking about when you said we faked that field goal last week and the celebration that everybody was going through, how good we were and all that stuff, and then the contrast from that week to this week is the NFL.
Speaker 2: No and fluid. I guess, and I guess.
Speaker 5: The only thing I'm saying is that were parts in the game last Sunday that you were like, Man, we have were lifeless. We had no spark, we had nothing happening on defense, positive, we had nothing on offense that was happening. We did something from somewhere, and when he went down with the high ankle spring, that just eliminated the whole possibility of something something special happening. I think de s would be all right returning punks. He's one of the most elusive dudes we have on the squad. We saw him in preseason shot it's but returned out. It ain't but y'all cold work man. I'm just saying, it's just you know that's people asked the difference.
Speaker 2: We saw with this. I don't think we're gonna see it where this one.
Speaker 5: Maybe snatch him out of the quick because this was a hell of a purpose turn a couple about the opportunity to change the game and situations where we needed the game to be changed.
Speaker 2: He was really like, nah, no, no.
Speaker 4: Oklahoma, Stak cowboy, get out there.
Speaker 2: That was good as he was great.
Speaker 4: He was a I'm just saying, list some sooner magic.
Speaker 2: If it happens, it happens. I'm just saying, I want to be healthy. Okay, let's say seasons over. I don't know, put anybody back there. Smart.
Speaker 3: Season is over now about ten and we're gonna come in here. Why did we get that?
Speaker 2: If you if you can put zecon center, that guy's not here anymore, you can do that guy's not here any Let's go ahead in this show.
Speaker 4: Thank you Barry Church, thank you Heck Maharrison, Danny wearing his roll time Crimson red shirt and.
Speaker 2: It wait, he waited the whole show, but then he waited the whole show.
Speaker 4: I'm talking him about right here.
Speaker 2: Dallas Cowboy, that comy.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.