Speaker 1: Second date update. Occasionally on this segment we get return callers who come back multiple times seeking our help and dare I say our wisdom? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Whoa?
Speaker 3: What do they say about people who are psycho and they try the same thing over and over again expecting a different result.
Speaker 1: That's saying it's too wise for me. Okay. Funny thing is today's return listener only knows about us because we called him for a second date update the heck did.
Speaker 4: You go out with him, Jeff? And now he's not calling you back? Is that what's going on?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: I mean he was on a second date where we reached out to him. Oh yeah, he was on the receiving end of the call, and not surprisingly, he instantly fell in love with us.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I thought we were desperate.
Speaker 1: Secondaries going hey, have you got.
Speaker 5: On any new days?
Speaker 1: His name is Chase, and I don't know if you'll remember him, but he was the guy who kept postponing his dates because he said he was really really focus on self care and not overstressing.
Speaker 4: Wait, is this a bathtub guy?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 1: Bathtub?
Speaker 6: Yep?
Speaker 1: He was having too good of a time in the bath and decided, you know what, I'm gonna stay in here and skip my gate, and I will.
Speaker 3: Say I love a man who just has discovered the magic of a bath chase.
Speaker 1: We respect you and your self care. Welcome back to the show Man.
Speaker 2: Thanks good to be back.
Speaker 5: Hit a bubble bath right now, bro, I'm not taking a bath right now.
Speaker 1: So you reached out to us this time because apparently you went out with a different girl than the last time. Or is this the same one?
Speaker 2: No, this is a different girl. This girl's name is Kathy.
Speaker 4: Okay, Okay, where'd you meet her.
Speaker 2: Online?
Speaker 1: Okay? I thought I was gonna say in the bathtub when I was sokay, she just popped up and I was look, okay, well guess now you just come from up the story?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 1: Cool? You met her online? What'd you guys do?
Speaker 5: Yeah, honestly, we talked at first, and then eventually we found the time we were both free, and we went out to a restaurant.
Speaker 4: Okay, sounds pretty so far.
Speaker 1: And did you actually make it to this restaurant or was self care getting in the way?
Speaker 2: Now, we made it to the restaurant. Believe it or not.
Speaker 5: You can take care of yourself and still make time.
Speaker 4: You learning lessons from your time on the show Last Time so much.
Speaker 1: Okay, how did how did the restaurant go? With Cassie?
Speaker 2: I thought we had a good time. We did that thing.
Speaker 5: Where you're looking at random strangers and you're like making up crazy backstories about them.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, so I love that.
Speaker 5: Okay, Yeah, Like we we talked about her job.
Speaker 2: She's a nurse, which is really cool. So when we were telling backstories, we would come up with like crazy scenarios of er injuries at the bar. What if he was impaled by a spear gun? What you do?
Speaker 1: Oh, this definitely sounds like a very romantic topic of conversation. Hope you didn't spend all of your time on er horror stories.
Speaker 2: So of course we talked about other things.
Speaker 5: Like one of my favorite questions to ask on a first or second date is what was your favorite cartoon as a kid.
Speaker 4: That's a great question.
Speaker 1: That's a hard question, dude.
Speaker 5: If you say Looney Tunes, maybe you have a silly fun attitude.
Speaker 3: Oh, you like use it to judge people's personality.
Speaker 4: GIF you say SpongeBob, You're what was your answer?
Speaker 2: Well, funny Enoughnce, you just said it mine with Fungebob him as a human being all right?
Speaker 1: Okay, Team SpongeBob Brooks is animaniacs. Does that mean that she's sexually repressed and has a weird relationship with family members?
Speaker 3: No, it's that I know all the capitals of the United States do not listen to Wacko's song.
Speaker 1: Clearly, No, that's epic song. Okay. Did she have a good answer for a cartoon show?
Speaker 2: Yeah, her favorite was Scooby Dooe. Like you know, true crime shows.
Speaker 4: Transfer into adulthood.
Speaker 1: Or there seem to be serial killers. But that's probably not shaggy, that's true. Okay, speak for yourself. Well this okay, Now, now the conversation sounds like it's more fun. How did the night end?
Speaker 2: Well, you know how we were having a really great time. I thought I was gonna get a kiss. Maybe happening, I didn't know.
Speaker 4: Is that because you didn't make the move or what you know?
Speaker 2: I leaned in and she didn't reciprocate. I wasn't going to push it any farther.
Speaker 4: Smart gentleman way to do it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So I just got in my Honda Civic and drove home.
Speaker 1: You slink away, you feel like crap. I've been there, bro, I love every girl i've.
Speaker 4: Ever met I on the making my all of his car.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, you have pride in your car.
Speaker 5: Sure.
Speaker 1: So what's happened since that date? Have you been able to stay in touch with Cassie?
Speaker 5: I've tried to make another date. The problem is, I just I'm busy a lot with my company, so it's been hard to find the time that worked. And now I just kind of feel like she's ignoring me.
Speaker 4: So you're super busy, but you will make.
Speaker 2: Time for her, Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, we can tell her that.
Speaker 6: I know.
Speaker 3: But it's always like kind of a turn off when people are like, I'm really superpes you know, It's like that feels like maybe she thinks you don't like her, honestly, yeah, because that always feels like an excuse.
Speaker 1: In times like these, I tend to ask myself what would SpongeBob do? And what he would do is he would come back, and you would call Cassie on the radio and try and get you a second date.
Speaker 4: I feel like you go jellyfish hunting.
Speaker 1: But yeah, SpongeBob things at once. We're going to attempt a few of them would come back. I gotta know about that. We're gonna know your second date update right after this second date update. It's kind of interesting the question our listener Chase asks women on every first date. He likes to ask, what's your favorite childhood cartoon?
Speaker 4: I love that question.
Speaker 1: I think everybody loves that question.
Speaker 4: I actually want to know yours.
Speaker 1: Jeff, you're never going to know that from me. We don't know each other that well. I dare you ask something so deep in person?
Speaker 4: You know it's gonna be deftails. It's got to be about a rich uncle.
Speaker 1: It's Arthur if you have to know the introverted.
Speaker 4: Yeah, with the really sassy sister.
Speaker 1: Now, Chase says he can tell a lot about a person based on their cartoon answer and his date, Cassie said Scooby Doo, which is a sign that she could be into true crime, whereas he's a SpongeBob fan who's more silly and wacky and wears square shaped clothes. But opposites do attract sometimes, and Chase wants to see if we can make that happen for him today. Brook, what's your take?
Speaker 3: I really think that she thinks that you don't like her, because, like he says, I mean didn't.
Speaker 4: You say, Chase, like you kept telling her. God him so busy, But I'll fit you in.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I get that. It's just it's not what I meant him. And I hope she doesn't see I I'm.
Speaker 4: Not saying it's a bad thing.
Speaker 3: I just think that's what's happening, and I think you can totally come back from it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And if it turns out that we can't get you a second date at the end of this, is it okay if we blame it on those meddling kids and dog.
Speaker 2: Too, if need be. I suppose that'd be okay.
Speaker 4: Masks, are you wearing to take off after this?
Speaker 1: We're gonna call that plan B. But for now, let's just dial Cassie see if she picks up and try to get this second date done. Here we go, Hello, Hey, we're looking to talk with Cassie. That's hey Cassie. My name is jeff from the radio show Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 6: Hey Cassie, Yeah, thank you, but I'm not interested though. Sorry.
Speaker 1: Oh well, we're not trying to tell you anything. We were asked to call you by one of our listeners that went on a date with you recently.
Speaker 6: What what is this I don't get it.
Speaker 1: Yeah. No, this is a segment we do call the Second Date Update, and we're trying to help him figure out if something went wrong on your first meetup and hopefully get you two together for another one.
Speaker 4: Because it sounds like a pretty normal date.
Speaker 1: I mean, it wasn't that normal, Brooke. They were making up backstories about spear guns, what you would do as a nurse in the er.
Speaker 6: Oh oh yeah, yeah yeah, you're talking about Chase. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So the reason that we're doing this call is because Chase told us this whole story, said he had a great time with you. Now he's a little bit confused about there hasn't been a second meet up, because if we're being honest, he says, he feels like you're ignoring him.
Speaker 6: No, I mean I just kind of well, I just kind of felt like I was kind of bouched by this guy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, oh my gosh.
Speaker 3: That's interesting because we've had Chase on the show before and he just seems like such a humble, like nice dude.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Well yeah, I mean he is humble and nice, but like when we like connected and I called him, he said he was golfing at this golf course and I looked it up and it's like a really nice private course. You had to be a member.
Speaker 4: Oh wow, looked it up.
Speaker 6: Yeah yeah, Well, I mean it's it's nice to have someone that's financially established, you know, I mean, don't guys go golfing if they're not financially was a private.
Speaker 1: Court, okay, this particular one really impressed you. Yeah, okay.
Speaker 6: Another time we were texting to meet up and he said he was at this auction and I'm like, auction buying stuff, like poor people don't go to auction.
Speaker 4: If he's buying art, Like come on, yeah, I don't know, as I haven't.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 6: Well, yeah, so I figure, okay, this guy's established, and so we figured out a night to meet and he takes me to like a regular chain restaurant okay, And I was like, okay, that's that's not what I expected. And you know, the actual date went well, but then he at the end of the night he drives off in a and I'm like, did you.
Speaker 4: Wait, did you just say a Honda Civic.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean I got the impressions. Then he had money and he was, you know, well off.
Speaker 4: That's not fair. You did not get the impression you made the assumption a friend of the golf course.
Speaker 1: Cassie, did he tell you that he's well off with a lot of money or did you just assume that based on your conversations?
Speaker 2: I mean, I guess I assumed it because it was.
Speaker 4: Based on the conversations. It sounds like based on her.
Speaker 1: Research, I know many many different personal assistants who attend art auctions on behalf of my family and my parents, and they are not off.
Speaker 4: I can tell if you're joking. Did your family really do that?
Speaker 1: Why am I being grilled? Cassie is the one that is jumping to assumptions here.
Speaker 5: Rich guys just can't get.
Speaker 1: So Cassie, do you feel like maybe you are the one at fault here jumping to assumptions about who he really is?
Speaker 6: Well, I'm just I'm not interested in dating a low valued guy to trick me.
Speaker 1: Agree with that we should get him on the phone and ask him that question, because I need to let you know that he is listening to this call on the other line right now.
Speaker 4: What he could.
Speaker 1: Chase? Are you there? And are you a low value man?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 4: Or no?
Speaker 2: I mean apparently I am. According to her, you're a good.
Speaker 4: Value man Chase, that's what you say.
Speaker 1: Well, why don't you have a discussion with Cassie about this, because clearly she feels like you were giving her the impression that you were at a certain level financially and you didn't meet that in person.
Speaker 2: No, I mean sadly, my plan worked.
Speaker 1: Plan?
Speaker 6: What plan? Though? What are you talking about?
Speaker 1: Playing games?
Speaker 2: I actually am a member of that golf club, and I did attend the art auctions for myself. It was art.
Speaker 4: Oh wait, wait, you're rich rich.
Speaker 2: Then I'm comfortable.
Speaker 4: That means you're wealthy.
Speaker 1: I don't know how you got off my parents paywalling on with the civic and the non bougeness like what's happening?
Speaker 5: Yeah? Yeah, I own a tech company and some times when girls hear that, they just end up wanting to date me for my money.
Speaker 2: So I purposely took you to a chain restaurant to see how you would react.
Speaker 4: Oh and you liked her. Still, that's so sad?
Speaker 2: And then she no, no, no, I didn't hate it.
Speaker 6: Look, I didn't hate it.
Speaker 4: I never thought I.
Speaker 6: Hear that you failed to text personally. I think that's very very smart. I think you should try to do that your boy your women.
Speaker 3: Seriously, Cassie, now you're super interested in him and you think that he is awesome Weirdly.
Speaker 6: I mean, I don't know what you guys are referring, but seriously, I've always been interested.
Speaker 4: You know, we record these phone calls. We can play him back.
Speaker 6: Well, I mean, you might have missed that first part because I said, if this is him testing me, then you know he's really smart and I respect that.
Speaker 3: I really do.
Speaker 4: I think I think I think she tried to say that. Right after he said, oh, it's just a test. She's like, oh, that's really smart.
Speaker 1: Are you buying it?
Speaker 5: Chase?
Speaker 2: Look, I can buy anything I have.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's funny. It's not what I meant. But do you believe her?
Speaker 2: I always want to think the best of people. So okay, if she wants to send me a.
Speaker 4: Few picks wait wait wait, you say if she wants.
Speaker 2: To send you what if she wants to send me a few picks to so sorry, then.
Speaker 4: That's so grow. I mean I want to get stereotype. He was a Chase company. But now I am.
Speaker 6: God, Oh my god, you're so funny.
Speaker 2: I'll show you on our date.
Speaker 1: Okay, this has been a past here, so.
Speaker 4: How quickly he dropped his morals too?
Speaker 5: Yeah, want to hang out.
Speaker 1: I have to see if both parties are actually still interested in that date here, because yes, from you said, yes, it's a big change from what you said five minutes ago. But apparently we misunderstood. We heard you wrong.
Speaker 6: You did you did misunderstood me. I told you, guys, I was shocked. I was a little surprised, but I didn't hate the restaurant.
Speaker 1: She actually did see the restaurant was okay, okay, all right, so Chase, are you guys going to go out again? Because if you do, you're probably gonna have to drop the ickmobile on the civic. It's not it's not approved.
Speaker 2: I mean you know, I mean like new stuff has been presented on this date. So I'm definitely yes.
Speaker 3: Definitely yes, Okay, I hate both of you somehow, I think we're jealous of both of the.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, well congratulations did it? Why do we feel bad? I don't know.
Speaker 4: It feels wrong that there's some law that we just broke.
Speaker 6: What you do?
Speaker 2: Have fun?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 4: The money?
Speaker 1: If you're bored, bro Jeffrey in the morning. I think with dates nowadays, if you have a certain expectation, like you want a guy who's well often established, like Cassie. Did you just need to put the survey in front of them at the table. Do you make this amount, this amount or this amount. Circle it and we can be done with it.
Speaker 2: And it starts.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's like that song on TikTok. Right, I want a guy in finance exactly.
Speaker 1: Let's just figure out who you really are that we can avoid simple misunderstandings like this one. No misunderstool though, and test them.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I think what is funny is that they both ended up kind of meant for each other. Yeah, both of them are a little sleazy at the end.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're all like, well, you know, fine, I'll forgive you, you forgive me. Let's just hang out. But we need to own our part of the misunderstanding because we totally misheard her.
Speaker 4: So yeah, I don't think we did.
Speaker 1: When she said you about the Honda Civic, she didn't mean the cars grocy Man cute. It's a cute car.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: She also heard said ick yeah, yeah, well I'm sure we misunderstood that one too. We don't make enough money to understand her. I feel bad, forever doubting her. And if you want to hear any of our second dates, you can go to wherever you get your podcasts. They're up right now at Brook and Jeffrey