Speaker 1: Hello everyone, and welcome back to you batch the Happy Hour. I'm Cheerity and I'm.
Speaker 2: Hosting from New York City today by myself without Rachel. But I am not alone because I am joined with the one and only Stephanie Sos from Dancing with the Stars Next Pro.
Speaker 1: Exciting, No, I am.
Speaker 2: I cannot believe like we made this happen. I'm so excited to chat. There's so much that we have to talk about because I remember the last time I think I saw you was actually Miami Swim Week.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, it was, yes, and I.
Speaker 2: Couldnot I was like, oh my gosh, I didn't even know you were performing. You absolutely crushed that. And then I remember the last thing that you said to me. You were like, cause I knew you did next Dance with the Stars Next Pro. And I was like, oh my gosh, like how did it go? And You're like it went good, but like You're like, have my back. So that was the one thing that I remember. Yes, I was like I remember that, and I was like, okay, I know, I'm like gear up, I'm about to be in the comments. And so we will get into Next Pro. But I want to start take us back to.
Speaker 1: How was dancing. How was it? How did you get into it growing up in Utah?
Speaker 3: Yeah? So yah, my dance journey has been kind of insane. I started when I was seven, and then me and Ezure just kind of did it together and we've been training in every cell and then I left my studio when I was nineteen and started working professionally. But yeah, I'm training like basically everything. Yeah, like the ballroom, the hip hop, the jazz, contemporary, and yeah, I always knew I wanted to be a professional dancer. So it's like so cool that I'm like finally like living out like you know, living out that dream.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: No, okay, So at what point did you realize that this could possibly turn into something bigger? It wasn't just like oh, this is like a fun hobby or an extracurricular activity. Like when did you have that realization, like, oh, I can actually make a career for myself.
Speaker 3: It's crazy because my dance studio, like so many amazing dancers came out of like that are like center stage performing arts. Yeah, and I think like around like thirteen, just seeing like Jenna and like Whitney Carson and like Derek and Julian just make a career for themselves, and I was like, wait, I'm from the same place as them, I'm getting the same training, Like I feel like I'm a little different Latina, Like I feel like I could do it. And I think ever since I was thirteen, my dream was always to be on Dancing with the Stars. So I think ever since just training in Utah, I just was like dreaming of moving La and doing the whole thing.
Speaker 1: So yeah, amazing.
Speaker 2: Okay, So how was growing up in Utah? Like, obviously like your Latina and we know Utah is like, you know, it's very conservative.
Speaker 1: It's this you know, blanket.
Speaker 2: Kind of image of like most people coming out of there like all look the same and they grow up Mormon, Like I know, you guys grew up Mormon, and Ezra talked about like leaving.
Speaker 1: The church, et cetera. So like, how was that experience for you guys?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was definitely like hard, It was definitely I think I handled it. I think me and ez are like really alchemized it. And I think we wouldn't have been where we're at if we hadn't grown up in Utah. Like I do look back and I'm like, I am grateful that I did grow up in that environment just because it did make me who I am today. I wouldn't be as strong. I feel like I wouldn't have gone for my dreams. Like, but yeah, it was really hard, especially just growing up Mormon and you know, leaving the church and everything. But I feel like I'm like the happiest I've ever been. So I'm just like so grateful.
Speaker 2: I mean, I can tell me every time I see you, I'm like, you're obviously like the most stunning person, but I'm like, You're always glowing even more every time. So I genuinely like it's just it makes my heart happy to see like you crushing it.
Speaker 1: And obviously you know I love Ezra too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you guys go away exactly exactly. So speaking of going way back, let's talk about your time on Dancing with the Stars.
Speaker 1: You obviously did true and that was an insane experience. How was that for you?
Speaker 3: That was crazy because it was like I felt like my dreams came true like that whole year, like Ezra being a prou I gone on troop, Like it was just like the best three months ever. And I was like telling Ezra and like another podcast, I was saying that when I was on Troop it was like the I never wasn't like nervous, Like it's so weird. Usually like I'm nervous, like nervous, Like I was like nervous, you know, but like for this, it just felt so right. So yeah, it was definitely amazing, And I learned so much about myself too, just like through that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what was like some of those like I guess, challenges or things that you had to like work through or grow through with being on Troope.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think just like remembering that, like I do like belong there. Like I think it was hard to because I was like the first Latina and like I always told myself, I wanted to be the first Latina on Troupe and all that, and so when I was in that space, like I was just trying to like navigate myself and just like that like representing you know, my community correctly, and I just yeah, it was it was I learned a lot about myself, like even how to like style my hair on the show. Like that's something that I really wanted to like figure out. Yeah, because I you know, moving forward to whoever is like on the show, like I want them to have like a really easy experience and not have to feel like it's like the first for them.
Speaker 1: So yeah, that's so beautiful.
Speaker 2: And now I'm like I always remember like even as we literally like just his three makers, it's like kid no, and it really is. And it's like so beautiful that you guys obviously get to do like these experiences together, but also like you know, you have your career and Ezra has his, So how has that been like for you guys, like basically doing it together but also having your own lane and kind of like doing it side by side with each other.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think growing up, we thought we'd be doing the exact same things. Yeah, So it's like crazy that like in like the most beautiful way, Like our careers have been like in and out, like we're together doing stuff and then we're not. And I think just through each experience we've grown yea, and like we're able to like teach each other as well, Like getting on Dancing with Stars Troop, Like my social media was like lacking a lot and he was like, okay, staff, so he helps me out. Yeah, he was like we're gonna post this, Like I was like okay, and then like emotionally if like I'm there for him with like different experiences and just helping him choreograph. So I feel like our I think our careers are meant to go in and out like the most beautiful way. At first, it was hard because it felt like we like we weren't doing exactly what we wanted. But that's life, like you never never goes as plan.
Speaker 1: But yes, okay, so let's talk. Obviously, you had your debut at the super.
Speaker 2: Bowl, and which was insane. I didn't even know obviously you're gonna do that until like you teased it a little bit.
Speaker 1: I was like, wait, stuff, it's going to be at the super Bowl.
Speaker 2: And then I'm like wait, putting two together, I'm like, you're about to be performing with Bad Bunny, which is crazy. Obviously, I'm like, I'm a big bat Bunny fan, gorgeous human.
Speaker 1: But I'm like you, you crushed it. So thank you.
Speaker 2: Tell me how that like came to be, Like how was that experience, because I have a lot of questions, So yeah, listeners, Yeah, it.
Speaker 3: Was crazy because I auditioned back in like October November time, and I didn't even know what I was auditioning for because basically my A league was yeah, like yeah, what like in the like whenever you're auditioning for like big opportunities, the agent doesn't really tell you what it's for just because of like confidentiality, Like, ok I don't tell you the data, won't disclose the artists. They'll just give you the dates and like what they're looking for. Okay, So like I'm at this audition, I want like I literally don't. I'm just lat They said Latin vibes were Latin outfit, just we're gonna be.
Speaker 1: Doing I got it. I was like oyeah, like you know, I'm like I'm just you know.
Speaker 3: So I went and then I'm in line and I heard people like being like it's for the super Bowl. And then I like looked in the email and I'm like, of course it's the dates of the super Bowl, Like I'm not I didn't even put you to tell, like I don't call football, like I didn't even and I was like, oh my gosh, like this is crazy. But yeah, there were so many girls at that audition. It was like definitely scary, but I'm just so happy that I did my best and I booked it.
Speaker 2: And I was like clearly I'm like, you did do your best, and so how does it feel?
Speaker 1: Like obviously, because that Super.
Speaker 2: Bowl performance I think was like it was for like the culture, but also it was just so much bigger and I think so many people like appreciated it, appreciated that the ones that did Yeah, but like how for you, Like, obviously that's huge for yourself and to be like somebody that selected to be a part of that, Like how did that feel for you?
Speaker 3: It felt so aligned, Like I feel like the universe like really wanted me a part of that. And I am just so grateful because like a lot of my career, I've been like one of the first Latinas in many spaces. So for the first time I was like around people that were like me, and it was just like it was so healing and I just like I remember after I like I performed, like I was like with all the dancers screaming backstage, We're all like sobbing her eyes out, and like people like call some dances would be like face himing their parents and Puerto Rico crying and crying on the phone. It was just like the like I think it was like the best thing I've like experienced and it was just so beautiful.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I love it.
Speaker 2: Did you I mean obviously you danced alongside him, but did you ever have like any like.
Speaker 1: Quality time or like one a one time? Was that funny? I'm like, I want to know.
Speaker 3: He very like had his security, Like he would like come over and like like stand by the Casito girls and just be like standing there.
Speaker 2: And we all just like I'm like, you guys are like we're just like that picture frame that.
Speaker 3: Frame, like I see it's coming around the corner, Like we're like just act natural or just like waiting to like for the music to start. He's like, hey, guys were like high like it was just like a Yeah. We also were told though, like not to talk to him unless we couldn't talk to you, okay, so just to like be respectful because there were so many dancers. Yeah, in that wherever we were rehearsing. So yeah, it was crazy.
Speaker 2: So how was it rehearsing like obviously gearing up to the Super Bowl?
Speaker 1: Like what was practice? Like how many rehearsals did you guys have if you can like share any of that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So I when I got the call I they told me, didn't start to like uh, mid January, but there had been people rehearsing since December, like creating the different like numbers and stuff, okay, and so basically like I was Group B. So basically Group A had been rehearsing for like two weeks and then I got brought on a Group B and it was crazy. We rehearsed for a month and it took so long to finally create the tracks, the formations and like a lot of moving parts, like we changed choreography a lot. Yeah, I would like yeah, they would like record and then like go and they'd go through production and they would change things. But yeah, bad money didn't come into rehearsals till like the last week.
Speaker 1: Oh wow.
Speaker 3: Once the costumes were set, once our formations was set, everything was set, camera angles like figure we had so many camera rehearsals, yeah, because they had to get those shots perfect. And then he came in once everything was set and then we basically the last time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well it's his thing, so like yeah, I have nothing to do.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Well, interesting thing is like they actually took our phones so like.
Speaker 2: During rehearsals, Yeah, you guys could get y'all have no footage.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, I mean that.
Speaker 3: Makes sense, but like wow, they wanted to keep it really secret and also just to like keep us all present in the process because you really had to pay attention. There were like things would be changing, like we'd be doing chroography. Okay, we're gonna change the whole thing now like five six, We're like okay, period, like we're just gonna keep going.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So yeah, it was. It was definitely so cool and for the first time in my life, like I felt like I was like back up my dance, so you kind of like like fully present in the work, no distractions, and like during lunch, we had to sit there and talk to each other. It was really really cool.
Speaker 1: I love that. I really do love it.
Speaker 2: It seems like it's very like immersive, Like you know, it's like you guys are locked in for quite literally a bigger reason. Were y'all rehearsing in La Yeah okay, And like we would go and like they we had to pretend like we weren't re hursiting there, so we'd go to lunch and people like were.
Speaker 1: You guys were actually so crazy?
Speaker 3: Yeah, so why dancers like wearing all because they were all black as well. For rehearsals, so like, so my dances coming out of a building and then like what are you rehearsing for? We're like, oh, I don't know, Like we just had to place so nice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so just so crazy. And I do have like two more questions about the super Bowl.
Speaker 2: So obviously, like you guys did rehearsals all together, but on the day of the Super Bowl, like I we obviously saw the.
Speaker 1: Trees were like people, like how did that like work out? Did you guys have to go over?
Speaker 2: Like did y'all do formations like the day of or like a couple of days before, like what was their role?
Speaker 1: And like how did that work?
Speaker 3: I will say the tree people were my favorite, but they didn't come until like the last week too, but they had their own rehearsals, okay, So then when we were all together, it was so cute because they would do their like rock and everything, and then we'd be dancing'd be like whoa like for us?
Speaker 1: And yeah, guys, they were like oh.
Speaker 3: And like during like like breaks, we were in this huge arena, right and like all the dances were on this side arena, all the trees, and you just see all of these faces just sitting with the trees, just like this drinking water and we were dying and they were like digging waves and I was like, I was like, I would have loved to be.
Speaker 2: A trade I said, how do I sat up? I'm no professional, but like a tree sounds great.
Speaker 3: No, they were like our hype people the whole time and they were so cool.
Speaker 2: Okay, So and also my one last question about uh super Bowl. We obviously saw Alex Earl make a guess appearance. Was there any anybody else that was like celebrities that you got to meet during that process?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Well it's crazy because when we got cast in Casita, they said you'll beat celebrities. We didn't know who the celebrities were until literally five minutes of them like walking towards us, setting them in the Yes, So we were just like pretending to like.
Speaker 1: Know Alex was going to be there.
Speaker 3: No, I had no idea the rumor was because we were all like it's gonna be yeah, we like like probably Carol G or Becky g Like, we were like for sure. But I stood next to Jessica Alba and that was really cool because I am obsessed with her and Honey, Yeah, I was like like I didn't know how to Like, hey girl, She's like, when do we dance? Like you're gonna see them start walking? And I like told her exactly and then you're gonna start dancing. So she's like we're like pose and then I'm.
Speaker 1: Like she's like, when are your dance? When do we dance? Like now it was so good, Oh my god.
Speaker 2: I like an incredible experience, incredible opportunity. Do you feel like that's something you want to like keep doing like things like that, like performing for you know, singers or musicians, Like is that the lane that you want to kind of take?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 3: I am open to anything at this point. I feel like my my journey has been very unexpected but beautiful and like the most like the best way. So I'm just kind of open to what I for the universe is get Like if I get called to do something, I'll do it. If I go an audition, I'm just gonna try to do everything that I can, every opportunity and just maximize it. And yeah, but I do I really do love hip hop?
Speaker 2: Yeah no, I'm like if you guys have never seen Stef dance hip hop, That's why I.
Speaker 1: Was like she's great in all areas.
Speaker 2: But I'm like, oh my god, like you really shine like shine and everything.
Speaker 1: But like I'm like, oh this girl hip hop is it?
Speaker 3: Yeah, So I'm like I'm just I'm gonna definitely take the next couple of months and like really train in every style that I can, especially I want to get back in my hip hop too, because I miss it.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm like I for whatever reason, I'm like, you know, you are a star.
Speaker 1: But I'm like like music video, like video mix.
Speaker 3: It's crazy. She's doing random music videos like I did a Becky Do one recently, Like I just keep kidding. I'm like I did a Rosslich one. But when I first moved to LA and I was like the lead girl I can and then I did a music video randomly for Armacheck. He's like this huge Armenian artist.
Speaker 1: Okay, I don't I'm not familiar I.
Speaker 3: Either, and like I was the lead girl and I was like it was like a Latin number. And then I guess I got like two Milli muws on YouTube, so I'm like, I guess maybe that's my post.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I'm like, you do good at any and everything you do like seriously, but I'm like, yes, I would love to continue to see you shine in that area. Do you have any interest like in Broadway or like musical theater?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I do.
Speaker 3: I did. I did work, like dabbled my feet in it a little bit. I did like a pre like Broadway run of Take the Lead. So I was here for like three months.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, yes, yes, okay, So.
Speaker 3: I mean if that goes to Broadway, I'd love to be a part of it, like I would. You know, I'm kind of open to everything. I did used to sing when I was little too.
Speaker 1: Okay, so she's like triple threat but also.
Speaker 3: Like Ezra because the FANSO knows. But as we used to sing too, like we both used to sing.
Speaker 1: So like I'm like Ezra, like.
Speaker 2: Maybe you wait, I'm so sorry we have to pause for just I you're telling me news, and I'm like, I love your brother.
Speaker 1: Wait.
Speaker 3: We were in Greece, like and I we were like we had two rooms, like my mom and I were in a room as are like is amazing. He bought a whole trip anyway as in the other room, and like we can hear and then we just hear him singing in the shower and then I texted him, I'm like, come on, singer. He's like, shut up, but he's really good.
Speaker 1: Wait, this is crazy.
Speaker 2: I don't think that's like such a like hidden talent that I don't think anybody knows about. Kill me for saying that's okay, But I'm like, you told me first, but that is actually unbelievable.
Speaker 1: You guys should do. Have you heard of what's it called, like the Voice Celebrity. It's like a new like do you guys need to go on it?
Speaker 3: Oh no, I don't think we're like that, but if we train in like maybe like a year or two, i'd be I would love to do like Broadway, Like.
Speaker 1: Okay, wow, that is I'm like, this is breaking news.
Speaker 2: He's gonna kill me is okay. I'm like, as we love it, he love you so like this is yeah, this adds to the love. There's nothing wrong here. Wait I did not know that, and I'm genuinely shook in my boods right now? Yeahazy, okay, let's talk about next pro Dancing with the Stars. Obviously, congratulations on being castid and having that opportunity.
Speaker 1: Tell us what was that.
Speaker 2: Like when you found out that you were going to be on that show. Obviously you have had quite the journey within the Dancing with the Star's family.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I will. I remember getting the email to audition like in November. Yeah, and I thought it was a scam because it was like I'm like so confused. I'm like next pro Like, I don't know, you just sometimes see this weird like emails. So I like I called Ezra. I'm like is this real?
Speaker 1: Like is this like?
Speaker 3: And he was like let me see and he's like, oh, yeah, it's real. And I was like, why didn't you tell me?
Speaker 1: Ye? Did he not know? I don't know girl?
Speaker 3: And I was like okay, but yeah. And then I was like you know what, I'm just an audition and like see, so I just they had me send in like I did like interviews and like you know, they know me. So I just send them like all my dance stuff again like recent how to we refilmed things. And then I got the call when I was actually at Super Bowl rehearse like dir like I like ed rehearsals, walking out and then I got the call and I was like, wait, this is crazy. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I was like that is crazy, Like two big like opportunities happening almost at the same time.
Speaker 1: It's crazy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I my meeting like reaction was like fuck, yes, yeah, I'm doing this.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I was like, the universe want to put it in my path. I like wasn't meant, like, you know, if I wasn't meant to do it, and so I was like, I'm gonna go for one hundred percent. And I was like, hey, it's training mode. So I remember after that, I started scheduling like my privates and just like starting to like train. So after super Bowl, I'd like go to studio and like take lessons like tango and all of the things that I was like not the best at and just really just train and train. Because soon as super Bowl was done, I had a week and I was here and I saw you.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we went to dinner with us. Yeah that's I was like when I saw you, and then from there I you.
Speaker 1: I remember you told me you were like I'm getting ready to leave, and I'm so anxious you were.
Speaker 2: I'm like we were literally running around like trying to grab stuff like shopping.
Speaker 1: But then I was like, wait, where are you going? But I didn't even I don't think I put.
Speaker 2: Together that it was for that. Yeah, oh my god, that was such a quick turnaround.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Wow.
Speaker 3: So then I like went right away and I flew to Australia and then yeah, I was there, so oh my gosh.
Speaker 2: I literally I'm like, I have so many questions. Okay, So the cast obviously is like I think you were the only one from Troop that was on there, and most of everyone else either has like a hit, like a history with like competition ballroom, or was from so you think you can dance? Yeah, So like did you know most of them or were they all like k new faces for you?
Speaker 3: I knew everybody except for Nina and aj okay, so basically, yeah, I knew everybody of Briar. Oh and Tristan I didn't know him before, okay, So yeah, yeah I knew literally every single person. But yeah, because like Eric was like a ballroom answer growing up. He was phenomenal. And then Briar everyone knows. So it's just like I knew like basically, and then Natalie I knew well as well because she actually did the off Broadway thing drop with me. Oh okay, and she's from my studio to kay, So I just like we all like knew each other. Yeah, it's crazy.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: I'm like I honestly really did enjoy the show, Like I enjoyed the format of and I was like, oh, this is like very different, but it's like it's interesting because it was also like interesting just to see like almost like the pros come back to and like judge and like give you guys notes. But it was like different almost in a different light than what we typically see them on like the actual Dancing with the Stars show. Like I feel like I don't know, in a way, it was like a little bit more personal and I'm like I actually love this, Like it was good. So how was like the experience overall? Like obviously we know that you just got eliminated this past week, so how how was the process?
Speaker 3: And it's I will say the process for me was like really healing, like some like especially my week too Rumbo with Tristan, like just be able to do that was like I just was like so happy. I did learn a lot about it. I was like I would say, like iile growth was like this thing I took from it. I grew a lot in that experience and just like it really all the things I've been like training for like was put to the test and said just short amount of time in that in that environment and that competition, and so yeah, it was definitely it was good and I I am glad I did it, Like I'm really happy that I went and I just went for as much as I could.
Speaker 2: So and so it's so funny because I was like, obviously when I saw you last at Miami swimming, you were like have my back, and I was like, I got you, which is like so crazy because I'm like, we know, like obviously social media is like a beast of its own and it comes with so many great things, but also like there is like a negative part of it. Yeah, And I remember I was like, okay, like the first episode came out and then I think people like just kind of like took something.
Speaker 1: And ran with it. They're like, oh, it's definitely Steph.
Speaker 2: Like Steph is like I saw that like comment so many times of like Steph's the next pro and like you know, people just like make assumptions or whatever. But how was like having the feedback from just the audience and how well did you like obviously digest it.
Speaker 1: What was like some challenging parts for.
Speaker 3: You yeah, I definitely knew that. Like on the show, like you know, the danceming stars fans like they really are invested, so like they're gonna comment basically honey opinions they have, which is awesome for the show, but also like just I had to remember that going in the like feedback on the show like was great, Like I feel that they didn't really air a lot of every judge's like comment They definitely cut out like a lot of things really, yeah, from like for everybody. So I think the audience feedback, I just take it, and I like, I'll like whenever I get comments like that, especially if they're like a lot of just like negative comments or just like maybe work on this, Like, I'll like listen to it and I'll think about it, and I'm like if it doesn't I'm like if I'm like, honestly, they might be right. It's some things, you know, And then if it doesn't serve me, I kind of just like let it brush off and I keep going. Yeah, especially in the comments with my hair, that really was like hard for me.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 2: I I literally I was like I can't join this conversa. I'm like, I got your back on everything, cause I was like, I'm gonna get myself in trouble because I'm like I just thought it was like insane, like you know what. I mean, it was just too like fixated on that, And I'm like, that's if that's the only thing that you can say or like fine to critique about stuff, then I mean she's doing a great job, you know what. And it's just like it's so like it's just something that's like not needed.
Speaker 1: And I did.
Speaker 2: Not appreciate that because I'm like, you just don't comment on a woman of colors hair, but like who am I?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: But no, I will say, like I feel like you handled yourself so well, and like obviously, like we see Ezra was able to like support you and like you guys did a lot of content together. So how has that been like having obviously your brother's support, Like I know, he's the best and yeah everything.
Speaker 3: He told me, like he's a girl, I got your back. Yeah, So just like I don't know, I'm just like grateful I had him in my corner because I think it would have been really hard and even like there was like one day I was like crying about it and he just came and told me he was like, Steff, like you're having these hard situations in these hard conversations because future people are not gonna be able to have the like you're gonna, You're gonna you're gonna make it easy for them. So like being able to navigate curly hair on a ballroom is like very rare, not a thing. Like even when I'd compete, I had I slicked my hair or I did like half a pop downer, which is great, Like I get it's like you know, I get it, palet, it's class seats all the things. But I think for my younger self, I really wanted to be authentically myself for that first week. So that's why I had it all the way out.
Speaker 1: Yeah no, I'm like, I love your hair.
Speaker 2: I'm like, yeah, okay. So this past week was a harder episode, and I think a lot of the fans got to see that there's like maybe not so great comments about Tristan and like how his attitude was and rehearsals with you, so like if you can tell us a little bit, like how was that navigating working alongside him and you know, ultimately like seeing you guys have to say goodbye, or like that being y'all's last dance.
Speaker 1: How was like that for you?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was definitely like I felt like I saw like I felt Tristan, Like I I remember when he first got into the house, Like I was like, just so you know, like I got your back because like I like, there's not many people like us in that space. And I was like, if you need anything, and if you feel like out of place, like come talk to me, because I know I feel you. And so I think we created like a beautiful like friendship. And I think it was just hard because like in the competition, like my stakes were really high, Like I like, I have to keep keep reminding myself that, like I trained my whole life for at this moment, and so I am a very empathetic person. So if I care about somebody, sometimes i'll like, you know, you know, not really honor what is it that I need to do? And so, I mean it was hard that week, like disappointing him, but I knew that it was the right decision for me. But when we did come together and we like you know, made up and everything, like we really did make the most out of that, you know, having to do another rumba again, like and Ezra told me going in, like, which is the best piece of advice I ever got from him, was like, whatever cards are dealt, like you just make the most out of it because you never know, you never know, and like you know, like when he was part of with annadelve like it wasn't the greatest card, but he made the most out.
Speaker 2: I'm telling you, like, if anyone could do it, it was him, and he really did that.
Speaker 3: He was Yeah. Basically when I got the room, I was like, I'm just remembering that. I'm like, who knows, Like this is an opportunity for me to show the judges I can create another dynamic rumba that's different from the one we just did. So I just really try to like think of it positive to positively. But like towards the end, I was just kind.
Speaker 1: Of like, yeah, it was a lot. Yeah, it was a lot.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I'm very proud of the rumba that we did, like with the like the cards, Like I just I'm very happy with it.
Speaker 2: So no, I mean all the dances, I thought, like truly, like I said, I'm your biggest everything you was, how was it choreography, like choreographing the numbers, like you guys obviously collectively together choreographed. So how was that experience or choreographing.
Speaker 1: Like in the group week yeah, but also like in like whenever you guys are paid. Oh yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 3: It was crazy because we only had five hours for each routine, so like week, like like a week no, no, like we had like basically.
Speaker 1: Two days oh for every dance. Yeah.
Speaker 3: So we had three hours the first day yeah yeah, and they timed it like we walked in there was like a timer and we had to choreograph it and they listening to the music right away we just start going oh wow.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: It was very much like high stakes, like we had to be ready. So that was hard. And then I think we had two or three hours the next day, depending on but they wanted to make it fair for everybody, so everybody had the same amount of hours, which I thought was great.
Speaker 1: Yeah fair.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, so yeah that that was crazy because even on Dancing with Stars like you don't you get you get like a lease a week.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what I was like. I was like, oh wow, this is like and cut that in a half. Yeah, I kept that in a half.
Speaker 1: It's crazy.
Speaker 3: So if I wanted to be inspired by a routine or like maybe like figure out a cool lift, like I couldn't go on like we could, but like we had a certain amount of like time. So yeah, it was hard. It was the hardest thing I've ever done.
Speaker 1: You guys not having your phone so there's like no like.
Speaker 3: I couldn't like text like what needs work, like you know, like and we'll do that with each other, Like he'll send me stuff like of him and Jordan last year and be like, yeah, what do you think for her arms? I'm like, oh, maybe, like you know, we help each other yea, yeah yeah, so.
Speaker 2: Yeah a lot of self reliance. It seems like yeah, you're like going in there and that's it.
Speaker 1: You only have.
Speaker 3: Yourself, Yeah, literally yourself and you're.
Speaker 2: Wow, yeah, I'm like it carried you. So like I'm honestly so happy for you, like I really am. And obviously my biggest thing is like I.
Speaker 1: Love keeping up with what's next for you?
Speaker 2: So is there anything that you can tease for us about what's next a fun project?
Speaker 1: And it's okay if you can't, but like, yeah, I like.
Speaker 3: I will say that I'm going to keep training ballroom. I know, I said on the shows like I was like kind of closing the chapter. But I'm just gonna keep trying. But I'm also gonna put my eggs in other baskets. Yeah, and like I am doing like an acting project soon, so I'm really excited about that, Okay. And then yeah, I'm just gonna keep training Trump. Maybe I really want to get back in my hip hop bag too, So.
Speaker 1: No, I'm like hip hop is it?
Speaker 2: That's That's like the consensus from this interview is like that wants to be a hip hop GIRLI and she will be so yeah, oh my gosh, Okay, amazing. Okay, We're gonna play a quick game. Yeah, let's do it because I'm like I love I love love love games.
Speaker 1: It's basically rapid fi. So just first answer that comes to your mind. But it's like, you know, related to you.
Speaker 2: Okay, the first one, most nerve racking performance that you've ever done.
Speaker 3: U my week one next parl Yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: But I'm like you also killed it. Okay. One artist still on your dance bucket list?
Speaker 3: Tyler?
Speaker 1: What okay? You know what? No, that makes so much sense.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm obsessed with her.
Speaker 1: No, that makes I'm manifesting that, right. I need to see you.
Speaker 2: Wait no, that actually, I'm like you are like her, like, wait no, this makes so much sense.
Speaker 3: Yes, and she's such a body. And I love her choreography too.
Speaker 1: Yes. I was like it's very fitting for you. Yeah, I love it.
Speaker 3: I'm like, oh I love her.
Speaker 1: Okay, great, Yes, we're gonna manifest that. We'll see that Tyler very soon. Okay, what's leb do you think could take home the next mirror ball?
Speaker 3: Honestly, oh, I forgot her name, but she danced. She did like a little like spin and dip with val at Miami's More Mara. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was like her.
Speaker 3: Back and her legs and her feet. I'm like, she's literally ballroom girly. It's like she did need some training and she's gonna be great.
Speaker 2: Was funny because I was like, wait when I saw that, I was like, oh, she's gonna crush like ballroom and I feel like for like because I'm like petite like her too. I was like, I was, I struggled so much with Latin, so I was like, I'm gonna it's gonna be interesting to see, like, which is her not struggle?
Speaker 1: You was? You were good?
Speaker 2: And Ezra I literally knew he was hours in the studio. But yes, I feel like she would do good regardless. But I also have seer like see her. I feel like it's going to crush it.
Speaker 3: Her personality too. I feel like is like very like I need a win.
Speaker 1: I need a win for the girlies. Yeah, so I'm patting my money on me too. Just kidding. My answer, Okay, who's funnier you are? Ezra? For sure?
Speaker 3: Ezra, He's just funny. He's just funny. He's always been funny, and.
Speaker 1: He's forever you know, he really is one of the kind. Yeah, really is.
Speaker 2: Okay, what is your biggest dating red flag about yourself?
Speaker 3: About myself? Yeah, that's what's about myself. I'm really bad at communicating sometimes that's okay. I get lost with time, Like I'll like be out and about and I'll like forget to text my boyfriend that I've been like that, I went to this and like, I'm just really bad because I'm so in my career. So that's probably my red flag is I'm very much career person. Okay, so sometimes I will put my career over my person So but as a woman, like I feel like that's okay.
Speaker 1: Sometimes listen.
Speaker 2: It's it is okay, and it's more ups my career, which is like maybe I don't know balance, there's balance and everything, but I do. I do appreciate that it's that and not something else, you know, Okay, you know what I mean. It's for your career, So I'm always supportive of that. Yeah, yeah, okay, we're not mad at it. Morning person or.
Speaker 3: Night owl night owl Yeah, niowl for sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I'll be up to like two in the morning.
Speaker 1: I'm screaming literally crazy lily. Okay. One song guarantee to get you dancing.
Speaker 3: One song, Oh, staying Alive, Okay, I don't know why, just like, oh, that's so sexy. It's just a girl and he was just like no, no, no, yeah, the eighties hair.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, okay, that's a good one.
Speaker 2: The best part about being on Dancing with the Stars next.
Speaker 1: Pro is.
Speaker 3: The growth.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, that's a good that's a beautiful answer. Yeaheah. I feel like those shows always like it's.
Speaker 2: It pushes you to extremes, you know, and it's like it really is about what you learn, what you take away from it. It's not always gonna be the easiest path, but I appreciate that. Yeah, okay, great.
Speaker 1: What's one dream you still haven't checked off your list?
Speaker 3: I really want to be in a feature film where I can sing, dance, and act, like do all three?
Speaker 1: Okay beautiful, that's.
Speaker 3: Like really that's like big, big, big down the line.
Speaker 2: Maybe soon, You're like, that's weight down. I'm like maybe next week. Yeah, okay, cool. If your friends called you from jail, oh, period, what do you think they would assume?
Speaker 3: The reason would be, I'm not surprised, and they probably say I'm not surprised. Probably Honestly, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I'm like so curious because I'm like I feel like I know you, but I don't know.
Speaker 3: Like maybe possibly when I get like a little too drunk, I get like really emotional and like if you like piss.
Speaker 1: Me off, I'll scream that's okay.
Speaker 3: So maybe if I'm like too much screaming.
Speaker 1: I don't know, like potentially like getting in a fight.
Speaker 3: With somebody or accidentally do something. I do a lot of things on accident, Like I'm just like sometimes I'm just not yeah yeah, like I'll forget like my wallet or yeah, stuff like that, So maybe accidentally do something.
Speaker 2: I don't know amazing. I think, you know, it's so funny. I think Ezra. Ezra messaged me at Miami swim Meet and that was like one of his questions.
Speaker 1: What did he say? He was Steph is Steph out? Is she lit right now? I was like, no, I saw her. She just performed. I think she's good. Yeah, it's so funny.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like that's what I need to tell my chica because I'm like, I'm like, was crazy, Like I was just like I want to have fun, like I'm loud.
Speaker 1: I love we support it over here. Okay? Would you rather hand out a rose or receive one? Oh?
Speaker 3: I hand out a rose?
Speaker 1: Okay? And with that, I do have a question. Would you ever do like a dating show? Not if I'm single?
Speaker 3: Probably?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah you're dating?
Speaker 3: Yeah? If I was single, then yeah probably that's my bad. Actually, I would love to do Love Island just for the fits.
Speaker 1: I feel like you would do good.
Speaker 3: Like I wouldn't even want to find a man, like I just want to like dress up and the friendships. Yeah, the friendships, the girls and then the fits like they're all of like I feel like I dress like that when I go out, So I'm like, definitely it would just.
Speaker 1: Love maybe we can make it happen. You're silent, Okay, yeah, oh my gosh.
Speaker 2: Well, thank you, Stephanie. Thanks so much for joining us today. This was honestly a pleasure. And like you know, I love you so much. Like you're the best at what you do and just honestly have such a good head on your shoulders. So you're biggest fan over here and always supporting you and rooting for your success.
Speaker 1: So and you're a baddy and I love you. Where can our listeners follow you at.
Speaker 3: Add Steffi Chica on Instagram and TikTok.
Speaker 2: Period Ahead and for our listeners you can follow us at Back to a Happy Hour and Vaccination. Make sure you rate, review, you subscribe wherever you listen to your podcast and people say guy's see Si