Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio news.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 3: Scarla Flul Paul Sweeney live here on a Bloomberg in Act Proper Studio streaming line on YouTube as well. Let's see what some stocks on the move today in a mixtape. It's good that they need to Sokova Bloomberg News.
Speaker 4: They need to.
Speaker 3: What are you looking at.
Speaker 1: Let's start with some gainer as we have Eli Lilly today. Now it's about two percent, but we so much bigger gain in earlier trading. Once the market opened, it jumped as much as three point four percent. Of course, it is coming of pretty strong for year guidance. They raised it and both for their weight loss drug and diabetes drug. What we're seeing is that they're taking bigger and bigger market share of that weight loss and diabetes market that everyone has been competing about. Now they account for fifty eight percent of that market. And this is the weight loss one, which obviously they compete directly with novels Ozenpi and wi Goovy, deabetes drug Munjaro, and their zip Bound which is the weight loss one. They outpass expectations by a combine nearly one point three billion, so really strong results there. That said, the stock is actually up only five percent before the earnings, and obviously a little bit more, but we're seeing some optimism from investors. Mitzuhui is saying, it's very clear that Eli Lily is.
Speaker 4: Winning the weight loss race.
Speaker 1: Obviously, now we're talking about different, more advanced drugs, so that potentially we're entering a whole new leg in the competition. But in this particular race, Eli Lily's lead is becoming clear.
Speaker 3: The question I asked in the surveillance chat box, and I don't know the answer. I haven't seen the reporting on it. If there's for someone out there who would benefit from the weight loss struggle, why aren't they taking it?
Speaker 4: Maybe because it's a shot?
Speaker 3: Okay, I was going to ask, is it because they don't want to take shots?
Speaker 2: Is it cost?
Speaker 3: Is availability?
Speaker 4: Is it side effects?
Speaker 3: Because you just wonder why more people aren't using it. I don't know the answer to that, but I guess it's probably the combination of all that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, But I'm guessing the simplest answer is the right answer, which is cost.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, very good.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 2: Us, you have Force, you.
Speaker 1: Have Comcasts, which we're seeing an interesting reaction in markets if you actually pre market training, we saw a positive reaction.
Speaker 4: The earnings report is mixed.
Speaker 1: Obviously, the company lost one hundred thousand subscribers, which is less.
Speaker 4: Than what analysts were expected.
Speaker 1: But if we zoom out, the trajectory has been really bad. This is the tenth quarter in a row where they see domestic world round customer losses.
Speaker 4: That said, as we said, unless.
Speaker 1: We're expecting one hundred and forty thousand, so we're seeing some optimism there. A third quarter revenue fail by about three percent, and it's also beating estimates, so again less feared, but competition in that space has been heating up. Obviously, people are moving away cutting their court in favor for streaming services. Obviously people are their Internet platons over by Verizon, but timobau and that strong competition there. Comcast is one of the big losers this year. Company is down nearly thirty percent here to date. There have been a lot of changes, a lot of volatility there, and even earning support that was less bad than feared cannot bring optimism at least on a day like today.
Speaker 4: All right, let's get to a mag seven name. Meta.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Meta has been the story of the last twenty four hours. Now, it's down nearly twelve percent a fell fourteen percent in earlier trading. Of course, it's coming off concerns of AI spending. The Facebook parents report the third quarter earnings results gave outlook, but the main thing everyone is looking at is Mark Zuckerberg warned that meta platforms will need to spend even more aggressively. We had some news today on Bloomberg that they aim to sell at twenty five billion of investment grade bonds and this might be their biggest largest in twenty twenty five, so clearly things are moving fast.
Speaker 4: That said, the earnings report, their revenue was strong.
Speaker 1: Their ads revenue, which is kind of the kind of their main source of income, is strong. But we saw a lot of downgrades coming.
Speaker 4: At least two. One is Oppenheimer.
Speaker 1: Saying that investors will strugger to rationalize those prices at.
Speaker 4: Least until twenty twenty seven.
Speaker 1: And also we saw analysts on the code saying that they're obviously concerned about this, so a lot of pressure on.
Speaker 4: The store Google.
Speaker 3: They don't mind the spending if your meta a little bit concerned about it.
Speaker 2: The Stock Mover's report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live catches on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Droid Auto with the Bloomberg Business app mm HM