Speaker 1: Wait, so you're saying a fart can be lethal for a horse.
Speaker 2: A fart is a good thing, not farting it can be lethal.
Speaker 1: I mean, but I'm saying not farting can be lethal to a horse.
Speaker 2: It can be truly, damn yo.
Speaker 1: I have so much respect for more respectful horses. I fart to live as well.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So that's what I always tell my wife is that I had to do it. You know, you don't want to keep those things inside.
Speaker 2: You know, you don't want to die from a bad tummy ache.
Speaker 1: Yeah, next time I see a horse out there, I'm like, make sure that horse farts. You don't want to die. And they're like, okay, dude, yeah, some free advice, man, make sure that it's fart.
Speaker 2: Basically a veterinarian mm hmm, thank you.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So I think we were qualified to practice veterinary medicine at this point. Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, congratulations. Stuff.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna start telling people that that you're.
Speaker 3: Qualified to practice veterinary medicine.
Speaker 4: Why.
Speaker 1: I've been saying that to get discounts at restaurants and stuff, But like, you know, now, I.
Speaker 3: Don't think that's what the vet discount means.
Speaker 1: Miles, huh okay, that makes sense. This makes sense now because they say no a lot. When I say that, I'm like, well, how would I know that a horse could die from not farting if I wasn't a vet? Right now, please take five dollars off my moon's over my Hammi breakfast plate.
Speaker 3: Hello the Internet, and welcome to Season three, forty seven, Episode four.
Speaker 5: Of durn Daily's I Guystay.
Speaker 3: Production of iHeart Radio. And this is a podcast where we take a deep dive into America share consciousness. It is Thursday July eighteenth, twenty twenty four, which of course means, Miles.
Speaker 1: Yes, Thursday July eighteenth is National Tropical Fruit Day. It's also National sour Candy Day, National caveyard Day. And guess what National doll whip Day shout out to that the vegan treat that people are they desperately seek it. Didney definitely like a theme.
Speaker 3: This day has a theme to it. Tropical cavr Yeah, caviard not. It doesn't quite fit in there. Although I eat that ship like candy because I'm bawling so hard, but.
Speaker 1: I like to yeah, I like to wrap it up in some sound dip. My sour patch kids in some Balluca caveyard. It's it's a hilarating.
Speaker 3: I always felt like the tropical fruit varietals of candy were never very good, like the Starbust, the Starbust, the Starbucks Starbus Bust about the Starbucks, the Starburst, the Skittles, the tropical varieties of those were never quite as good as just the old standards.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they always tasted like soap adjacent, you know what I mean, Like it wasn't quite nailing what makes like like a mango good. It's like it's like a candle I think I'm eating, but it's sweet, so I guess I'll deal with it.
Speaker 3: Okay, So what if regular Starburst? But you know the pink soap in dispensers, and like what if what if that a little bit more of that?
Speaker 1: Because you remember.
Speaker 3: Powder soap, the powder do you remember you in the.
Speaker 1: Bro I remember in my elementary school for the longest time that powdered soap come out of the dispensers. You know, we always trouble for like fucking just making like gigantic piles come out and just throwing it around to the bathroom.
Speaker 3: I only experienced the powdered soap when I went to a fancy restaurant and it was like that they were trying to impress by being like, you know, people used to use powdered soap, and it's like, here, congratulations, you're spending too much money on the food, and now you have soap that doesn't work.
Speaker 1: In my mind, powdered soap feels like a Cold War era like relic, like World War two, like that's how they were getting down before the modern era. To the point like, but that's at a fancy restaurant. Are they trying to be like, hey, every day is nineteen sixty three in here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I guess so. I think that was kind of their vie. You know, they'll try anything, the fancy restauranteurs, truly. All right, my name is Jack O'Brien AKA. That's great. It starts with Trump, Grays, JD. Vans, Embiden brain like we weren't already drained I of a hurricane. Abbott takes a week off and then we're gonna skip forward too seen by seeing the truth of Shadowed Trump, Severn Block, GOP's insane, fuck them, Oh no, gods is blown. Don't look now? Ukraine two. What to do save yourself. Mental health leaders serve their own needs. Even if you will bleed, shout out against the vultures and the reverence on the right Reich, you educated, subjugated stand type, vote fight higher than a kite. It's the same fucking world and we knew it. It's the same fucking world, and we knew it every damn time. At is courtesy of Halcyon Salad on the Discord did a great job. It was longer, if you can believe it on in the Discord, But I don't trust myself to do the whole, the whole damn song, but well done, and yeah, fucking does start with a Trump graysed Ady Bands buying brain you fit it all link, Congratulations and I'm thrilled to be joined as always by my co host mister Miles Gras.
Speaker 1: Yes it's mister Miles Ray aka the Lord of Lancersham, the Emmy nominated Showgun with no Gun as they say, I mean, I mean nominee, Thank you so much.
Speaker 3: I was everybody's in Laga nominated.
Speaker 1: No, it didn't, it didn't, was it up? Didn't it should? Uh No, they definitely, they definitely were trying to get that thing that thing nominated for sure. I think it's also too like the I think when you saw the reactions of some of the like the traditional talk show guests like the Lettermans, the Link Seinfeldt, John Stewart, they were all like, what the this thing? This was fucked up? And I think the vote the Emmy voters were like, this is I think this show's sloppy and fucked up or something rather than like the lovable chaos that I think most people saw it for.
Speaker 3: But anyway, it was too good for the Emmys. Well, Miles, we are thrilled to be joined in our third seat by a very talented writer who you know from the social media account Men Write Women, which documents all the amazing work, and it's about time somebody just shouted out male authors and how good they are describing women. The author of the new book A Tale of Two Titties satirical guide to writing Women like a best selling male author. It's Meg Bondrisco.
Speaker 2: Aka the Bitcher on the Twitter.
Speaker 3: Can I say on Twitter?
Speaker 2: There the poetry that I got, So we'll start there.
Speaker 1: There you go, welcome the Twitter. Tell me, yeah, thank you for coming on, Thank you for a Tale of two titties. It's coming out soon, right, it's like the end of the month or in like a week, yeah.
Speaker 4: July twenty third, which is kind of crazy. It's you know, I've been doing a lot of work to make sure I'm writing my breast for it and just really getting in the right space.
Speaker 3: Come on, now, I see what you did there. It's too wow wow wow wow whoa wa. But so what was the process like for researching this book? Researching for the Twitter account is an amazing follow, but how do you find these works of literary genius?
Speaker 4: My husband is an avid Stephen kingfan, so it started there was just you know, misogyny's everywhere. He's a big consumer of pop culture, so just by nature, you know, we're watching if it's streaming, we're probably watching it. And so kind of finding the material is like taking candy from a baby, like you just kind of throw a dart and you'll hit something. And especially when it comes to books, you know, there's so many best selling authors that truly just I think they just make it up. You know, they're kind of like if I write it, will my editor catch it? I just want to find out and next thing you know, it's in their published book, Well.
Speaker 1: How do you how do you kind of see this like of this time honored phenomenon of men writing like these female characters and knowing absolutely nothing about like anything, and like is it like I always see it as like it's sometimes like there are a lot of versions, like I feel like in eighties films, like it's just wish fulfilment, like I wish this is what this is what my perfect woman is like, or it's like this is like my crazy ex wife. They're all lunatic killer type people and you're like, what is going on? Well, how do you look at that process when you see these terrible sort of manifestations of what the a man the things a woman is?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think I honestly think that at this point, for a lot of writers, it's just a bad habit.
Speaker 2: You know, they have to kind of unteach themselves.
Speaker 4: And the more that they're reading, you know, other writers are watching you know, other media, the more that they're consuming this way that it's always been, and the easier it is to keep on doing what they're doing.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 4: I don't think that like Aaron Sorkin is sitting here being like there's only two types of women, a Jezebel and a lawyer.
Speaker 2: You know, it's not cognisant.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, it's ingrained.
Speaker 1: Yeah right, It's like this is the palette that we've all agreed to use to paint with with our books. Yeah for sure.
Speaker 3: Do you have a favorite like description or just turn a phrase from the history of charting, your history of charting with Yeah?
Speaker 2: I mean, listen, Stephen King's a fantastic storyteller. He truly is. But he also I mean, what a what a way with words?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 2: In I think it's the shining.
Speaker 4: You know, there's that scene where this old deceased woman is coming out of a bathtub and he describes her breast as two cracked punching bags. And I guess it's ingrained in my nog and I think about it all the time.
Speaker 1: Tell you Racked has even been to a boxing gym too? Even about boxing either.
Speaker 3: Also suggests he's not seen a boxing gym, a box, a punching bag before.
Speaker 2: I don't think he's got a plethora of options up in a up in northern Maine, up.
Speaker 3: Right, Yeah, upbird and amazing. Well, Meg, we're gonna get to know you a little bit better in a moment. First, we're going to tell the listeners a couple of the things that we're talking about today. We're gonna continue looking at the fallout from the assassination attempt on Donald Trump, and by that I mean, of course, new drifting opportunities, new merch sneakers, merch, baby, we got sneakers. Yo. These are not great. These these sneakers are the because they have like a photograph printed on them. Yeah, that always looks good on leather, on multi tiered like leather. I just I can't that they're.
Speaker 1: A rendering, you know what I mean. You're not seeing how the printing is consistently applied across the different panel in the upper and things like that. But anyway, he look, man, this is what happens when you have to throw together a grift sneaker within fucking twenty minutes to get that thing made. So when you look at.
Speaker 3: The stupid conspiracy theories rising up on both sides, we are going to check in with the Democrats attempt some Democrats attempt to replace Biden. There's new polling that says that he's running behind Am I reading this right? Everyone? Every possible person they could run from the Democratic Party.
Speaker 1: Did they do they put scrappy Do in there too?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think scrappy Do is in there. Every other candidate outperforms Biden, complicating matters, Harris outperforms him, but not by as much as the average other candidates. So you know, bad times Dems indeed and disarray. And then we're going to check in with the new movie Twisters and just Hollywood in general relationship to a climate change, which they is just acknowledging that it is real, is apparently to message.
Speaker 6: You for hell, They're like, you know, I'm not here to get political about a thing that is definitely happening and is in no way political.
Speaker 3: That's not what I'm here to do. Anyways. All of that plenty more, But first Meg, we do like to ask our guests, what is something from your search history.
Speaker 2: This is a good question that I actually forgot to prepare for. But honestly, the last thing that I searched was Best Men's white tank tops not opaque. So I'm so.
Speaker 1: Sorry Best Men's not opaque. So a little you want a little bit to come through.
Speaker 2: No, I want to be able.
Speaker 4: I want to be able to wear it without like everybody seeing my goods.
Speaker 1: Oh oh wait, so you wanted to be okay, you wanted to be okay?
Speaker 2: Yes, oh my god, I can't talk. Yes, okay, yes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, I was I was like, wait, they make these for dudes, like I thought, yeah, it would be like a me Marina or something you could wear the great Yeah yeah yeah. So what what's what's your current?
Speaker 7: Uh?
Speaker 1: Like you're just all in on tank tops. That's like the summer thing right now, and you're looking for that that solid white one that offers you the the old passion that you desire.
Speaker 4: Actually, I got my my husband these like two really cool vintage men's button downs, and I was like, this is going to be so great, Like you'll wear them over in opaque, you know, white men's tank and he refuses to do it.
Speaker 2: He says, he looks like ace Ventura. So I was really just looking for something.
Speaker 3: Like the unbuttoned yeah, yeah, the tank.
Speaker 1: They don't go with my maroon striped pants.
Speaker 2: I was going for Chris Pine right right right?
Speaker 3: Oh man, Chris Klin, I mean that's all. That's also a luck. I kind of I appreciate that that's what you're going for.
Speaker 1: Wait, Chris Kline the like heart throb of the late nineties early odds. Chris Cline.
Speaker 4: I met Chris Pine, who's got it?
Speaker 3: Was like interesting that Chris Pine. Definitely an amazing Mama Mia edition though I can't forget that. Yeah, and you made an amazing Street Fighter edition Chris. Are we talking Chris Klein again?
Speaker 1: Chris Klin? Yeah, yeah, yeah, there's like a there's like an unreleased audition of Mama mea where it's does not does not go great.
Speaker 3: He was going through something at a certain point in the last years that have you seen like all I think we talked about it on the show, but his like street Fighter, he like plays a cop in street like one of the Street Fighter sequels. I think it is. And it's no really yeah, yeah, it's where it's kind of you. You just have to see.
Speaker 1: The American pie guys aren't doing great, you know. I hate to say that. I hate to say that, but they're not.
Speaker 3: And we do hate to say it.
Speaker 1: We do.
Speaker 3: What uh, what's something that you think is underrated?
Speaker 2: I've gotten into fountain pens lately.
Speaker 4: I'm embracing my constitution writer life.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, but it's so fun.
Speaker 3: Does a fountain pen do you always dip it in ink or does the ink come from within?
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, it comes from within. It has a little ink cartridge that you can just like swap it out with. It started as like something fun to sign books with, but now it's just like amping it up so I don't have to write in black.
Speaker 2: Ink all the time.
Speaker 1: Is it isn't that like you like you need fountain pens to do like really good calligraphy, right, Oh, I don't do that.
Speaker 2: I can't do our.
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, I was just I was was curious if you were like really getting into that penmanship too with the fountain pen. It's just like, no, I like writing. This is a new kind of pen to use. I like different tools. Perfect.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I got to keep my daily planner beautiful for you know, whoever stumbles upon it in twenty.
Speaker 1: Years, right right right to like huh, A lot of the same stuff over and over again with what shade of blue is this? Inc?
Speaker 3: I need a smooth ball point I can't like. The fountain is just too When I've tried to use that, it's just like there will be a blotch followed by like a streak followed. I don't know, I just don't. I don't know if I just never learned how to do it correctly, but I sucked at it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what's one secret?
Speaker 4: Meg, Anything but pencils is the is the secret? Also supposedly like the more expensive your fountain pen is the nicer it is.
Speaker 2: But I mind's like forty dollars for not doing all that.
Speaker 1: What's like the high end on like a mom Blanc.
Speaker 4: Yes, I cannot tell you what it goes for, but it sounds like it costs more than my rent.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just added like blanc.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, they look that thirteen thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: Because my mom was also like a big pen person. Like now she doesn't really care so much, but I remember she would be.
Speaker 8: Like, Oh, that's that's the pen a mom blanc, that's the fucking shit you want to come like, Okay, I will continue to use this like RSVP gel pen that I've been using for ages.
Speaker 3: I got to pick up an expensive habit, I think is what I'm learning. I mean, horses, fountain pens, watch it. There are a lot of watch guys that I know that I'm just I'm not what would you do? You're not but you're not like a big like I guess sneakers is I have to consume? Yeah, yeah, there we go. I mean, I just I just saw this new sneaker that is a historically important sneaker that I can spend some money on.
Speaker 1: So more on that.
Speaker 3: Soon, got a got a garage full of those bad boys. I went in deep. I'm kind of some might say, over leveraged on Trump sneakers. Yeah, Meg, what is something you think is overrated?
Speaker 2: Bad time to say recycled? IP?
Speaker 4: I think if I see one more like Jurassic Park remake, I'm gonna crawl out of my skin.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, Wait, what's the one that I mean? That's so you were over it when the last Jurassic Park thing came out? Or is there something that was over it?
Speaker 6: Like?
Speaker 4: No, I was over when the first Chris Prout one came out, Like I loved all the movies, grew up on them, read the books. It was super amped for it, only to be just like wholly disappointed by what's essentially a really shitty shot for shot remake of the original.
Speaker 9: Yeah, but this time the park is open, so right, right, right?
Speaker 1: What if park is another group of children that are in danger?
Speaker 3: Yeah, and this time their babysitter gets eaten brutally in horror file right instead of instead of the lawyer. They were like, what about just this girl who's on her phone too much? Let's have there ripped limb for limb?
Speaker 1: Are there any reboot sequel things that you are excited about? If like Beetlejuice is the only thing I've heard, and I'm like, oh I loved Beetlejuice enough, I think I can give.
Speaker 3: You said it twice. I need you to stop right now. Okay, okay, we're back. Some wild shit just happened. We're gonna have to.
Speaker 1: Edit uncontrollably singing Harry Belafonte. I don't know what happened to me, but yeah, Meg, is there any anything like that you like that does pass to the Meg test?
Speaker 2: That that implies that it's it's a tough test to pass. No, I don't know. I mean, like, I'll definitely I'll be sat.
Speaker 4: For Twisters, but that's it's mostly like a Glenn Powell thing, So you know, got.
Speaker 3: A Twisters is getting my ass. I don't think I even saw the original Twister, butters, Now, you didn't see the original Twister, just seen parts like I've seen parts of it on TV, but like, I never I didn't even see it in theaters. Bro, you this is the most you've ever been of me. I can't believe.
Speaker 1: Like Twister is such a seminal movie. I don't know, like for ninety for millennials, I feel like Twister was such a seminal movie that to say that you haven't seen it, I was like, you haven't just part.
Speaker 3: To say to even say that, I mean, I.
Speaker 2: Haven't seen it either, I'm gonna be so for real, right.
Speaker 3: Miles, here's the thing, You're the only right now, where the fuck. I've listened to podcasts recapping Twister and I've not seen Twister. That's that's how good it sounds to me. But Twisters, like the trailer for that looks good. I like Minari quite a bit, and I really liked the sort of rural American vibe that that movie created. And it's the director of that, so like part of me is like, well, I loved that movie so much. This is just gonna be like I better vote with my wallet and go see Twisters to support this filmmaker. Of course, it's like, well, in a better world, this wouldn't be his follow up movie.
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna lie. I'm gonna see it later tonight.
Speaker 3: Are you seeing Twisters? Yeah, because there's more than one Twister? Yes, there's more than one motherfucker twister. You were like twisters. Wait, like at the beginning of the word, You're like, come on, oh, why God, there's more than one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I'm coming for it.
Speaker 3: Looks good to me. Generally, it could be bad.
Speaker 1: You'll hear, you'll hear, you'll hear.
Speaker 3: It's crazy that I didn't see the first Twister because that was a script written by Michael Crichton that was like, I was a big I was a creton boy.
Speaker 2: I didn't know that either.
Speaker 4: I like a lot of his stuff, you know, talk about I'm not going to say he like writes women with depth, but at least they.
Speaker 1: Have jobs rights.
Speaker 3: Yeah right, yeah, Well, what's your favorite Crichton?
Speaker 4: I'm a big Jurassic part girl, Like I mean, Ellie Sadler's a boss, I think. Yeah, it's the Bookers is so good and so vivid in my don't get me wrong. He goes into all the DNA sequencing and I just I just skipped those pages.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, right, right right, did you read Sphere.
Speaker 3: Were you a Sphere?
Speaker 2: No, I tried a timeline. I tried and then watched the movie, which was horrible.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, they did. They couldn't quite pull off any of the other books as movies. Congo like came next after Jurassic Park, and people like this is the one. This is just gonna be like another Jurassic Park. We're gonna be printing money from this guy.
Speaker 1: Clo Films.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Congo.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, I love it. It's so fucking bad.
Speaker 3: It's amazing the novel I never saw Congo or Sphere, but the novels were as bit as Creighton Head as a criton Head that was like I never saw it, but I was like, oh, so bad, because that was when I like first started getting into like film criticism and being like if somebody was like this isn't good, I was like, must not be worth watching then, right.
Speaker 1: I think growing up in La like we just just had to consume everything that you saw that night.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's just like Congo.
Speaker 3: Yeah, dude, I think Sphere is the best of the books, though I recommend Sphere.
Speaker 1: We'll take that.
Speaker 3: Should we take a break and come back and talk talk a little bit about the news if you desire, if you desire, all right, we'll be right back, and we're back. And so, I don't know. There was a lot of conversation around like how Trump was gonna walk away from the assassination attempt, and you know, he's like he was going to be changed, he was going to be a unifier, and it seems like some things haven't changed at the very least. No, that is his willingness to grift to make that money, and.
Speaker 1: He's already ranting, you know, just like fire and brimstone type shit. So the unifying thing, I don't know. I don't know where from aside from like a talking point. But we'll see. I mean, he's yet to actually give his real speech at the RNC, so we'll see. But yeah, the grift on his almost martyredom has begun because now one of his companies is selling shitty sneakers with that now famous image of him bloodied and fist pumping, and these limited edition high tops here. I'll share it with the class meg in case you need to see these, because they are they are fantastic. They look like something you'd put together on a word document. Just be like Okay, let me drag this, Let me drag.
Speaker 2: This, or it is generous.
Speaker 3: I think.
Speaker 2: I think this is like meat.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're right, it is MS paint and like, yeah, it's true. It has his like fist, pumpy, bloody face on it with the word words fight, fight, Fight on the soul and I know this is clearly a mock up and not what the original or what the actual final products look like will look like. But either way, it looks like shit. But the way they are promoting it is quote, these limited edition high tops featuring Trump's iconic image with his fist raised honor his unwavering determination and bravery. With only five thousand pairs available, each one is a true collector's item. Show your support and patriotic pride with these exclusive sneakers capturing it defining moment in history.
Speaker 3: I think from him officially, are they oh yeah what yeah? You couldn't get away with it? Right? This is there?
Speaker 4: All?
Speaker 1: Well, first, I want to say before I get to the origin, they are only two hundred ninety nine dollars steel, right, And yes, thank you Meg, That's what I've been trying to tell Jack before we got on MIC.
Speaker 2: And admitted edition.
Speaker 3: The gold ones.
Speaker 1: You remember the gold ones that he debuted like sneaker con those sold for three ninety nine. So this is a bit of a This is a this is a nice entry point, you know what I mean? Through the door very heavy but no, but there's a lot of like lead and the metallic materials. I think, so you should probably stop.
Speaker 2: Heavy is the foot that where's the shoe?
Speaker 10: Thank as the as they say, wow you are literary ship damn to online, dude, that was so fucking literary.
Speaker 1: Fuck with that, cole Man. I'm like sidelined and like I really got to step my shit up. But ten random pairs of these five thousand will be signed. But here's the thing. These shoes, which I've called the air Red Flag twos, they are being made by the exact same company that did the gold sneaker. And Trump's like, they're not political, they don't have anything to do with the campaign or whatever. But this company he owns the fucking company that makes them. And like the address if you look for the business is located is like his golf one of his golf courses in Florida.
Speaker 3: So it's not technically like you shouldn't be doing this.
Speaker 1: I mean Jack in the Year of Harlower twenty twenty four. We know not what crime is. Yeah, what is it to even say that.
Speaker 2: Crimes don't exist anymore? It's just it's a free for all.
Speaker 1: Yeah, only thought crimes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they seem like bootleg like Avengers shoes, like you know, you know, like children's clothing or children's shoes that have just like a screen printed Robert Downey Junior on it, you know, like it, right, because you don't put photographs on shoes as far as like, I can't think of another example of a photograph on shoes other than whole like Avengers sneakers.
Speaker 1: Say, Jalen Brown, I think had some interesting paintings on his sneakers in the past, right, but I don't know about Yeah, I don't know about direct to garment printing. It looks like like what Homelander from the Boys would wear, like.
Speaker 3: Once he's fully washed. Yeah, yeah, you know what I mean. I need these, like, I need pictures of these out in the wild because I think they're gonna look amazing.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, just like the gold sneakers they spoiler alert, they looked like.
Speaker 2: Shit, what do you mean are they not American maid?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: Not even close, not even close for them to turn the kind of profit they want off a three hundred ninety nine dollars sneaker, Like, I'm sure these are being made for like four to five. So do with that information what you will.
Speaker 3: It didn't just look like you were standing in the briefcase from pulp fiction. He just had the glow of the golden logo. No no, unfortunately not no. All right, So we still don't know much about the motive at this point of the person who the twenty year old Matthew Crooks. No, Matthew Crooks is his dad, right, his Thomas Matthew Crooks. Thomas Matthew Crooks. That's how you know three names. Yeah, But we continue to learn little bits about him, like that his dad was like highly targeted, highly indexed by the Trump campaign back in twenty sixteen because of he had all the all the factors you look for in a Facebook like data profile. He was like I think number seven of like thousands of people in his town.
Speaker 1: Like they're order to point ninety nine on a scale of one point zero in terms of like what they figured as like a voter who would be like especially open to targeted messaging around gun rights. Yes, so I mean all that really does is show that like crooks came from a conservative home, but like really nothing else about his motives. But meanwhile both sides continue to point fingers and come up with all kinds of shit. There's like it was Biden pulling strings with the Secret Service to get Trump got or.
Speaker 3: Trump definitely seems like by the way, like right now, he seems like somebody who's just behind everything, pulling the strings, super confident.
Speaker 1: Sure sure, sure yeah. Or a lot of liberals are coping by saying like this is Trump had to have staged this to help, you know, really cement his candidacy.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 1: Then other people like this is retaliation from the deep state. Then there was like the Secret Service was trying to make it look like an accident and they was gonna get Jfkate or whatever. Then another person like it's the fact that there were women that exist in the Secret Service.
Speaker 3: That's that's why.
Speaker 2: And fun that's clearly the problem.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the DEI bullshit is so on point, like for the right, because everything is DEI now like it's whether that's their way to be like not at this point, not really coded racism but you know they're just like, I don't want to say the N word, saw say DEI. I don't want to say I outwardly hate women. I'll let the policies speak for that, but I will I will summon DEI as a way to cast dispersions on the Secret Service. But like even Eric Trump was on CNN like fully putting his support behind the Secret Service agents. He said, quote, one of the females on the stage, she's with me for three years. I know everything about her. She would take a bullet for me. She would take a bullet for him, as courageous as they come. Same with everybody else who is around him. The head of his detail was on that stage too, So according to Eric Trump, quote the female one is okay.
Speaker 2: The best way to know that you're an ally to women you call them females.
Speaker 1: Yeah, one of the females on this stage, I'm like, are you on a men's rights podcast right now? What the fuck are you talking about? And it was also reported that earlier this week that the Secret Service was actually became aware of a plan that the Iranian government had a plot to potentially assassinate Trump said this quote, secret Service learned of the increased threat from this threat stream. The National Security Council directly contacted the Secret Service at a senior level to be absolutely sure they continue to track the latest reporting, and they said as a result of this quote, Secret Service surged resources and assets for the protection of former President Trump. All of this was in advance of Saturday. That means law enforcement was apparently beefing up their presence and had were being extra vigilant. Yet this person was able to climb on the roof of a building that had law enforcement inside of it, just to add insult to injury.
Speaker 3: So wait, there is law enforcement in the building that.
Speaker 7: He was on.
Speaker 3: Yo, what does that sound?
Speaker 1: It's like squirrels or something. But I think it's also entirely possible that, like the police are not good at their jobs.
Speaker 2: WHOA. Obviously I don't say it with your whole.
Speaker 7: Chiest Sorry, I don't know if I can, But maybe I could also be true here because I've seen a lot over the last few years that would suggest they're not the best at preventing crimes.
Speaker 1: They're usually really good at violating people's rights and personhood or you know, ending their lives tragically. That seems to be something that they have demonstrated high efficiency at. But yeah, I don't know. That's not the conversation being had right now. It's either DEI or it was staged. Those are your two options, Democrats and Republicans. I actually see no signs of societal rot here at all.
Speaker 3: We do not like incompetence as the explanation for a historical event. Generally we will just write the incompetence out, whether it be Hitler oversleeping on D Day and like everybody being too scared to wake him up, and that the thing that like helped the Allied forces win D Day, or you know, the version of the jfk assassination, which I think is the most reasonable explanation that a secret service agent actually fired the third shot that actually struck him in the head and killed him by accident. But when you raise that possibility to people, they are hostile. They're fucking they want you to shut up. Human error. Yeah, they don't like that shit at all. I don't know.
Speaker 4: This sounds like a great topic for me to bring up this Thanksgiving with my father.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, we just don't want to admit that it's a bunch of dummies out there.
Speaker 1: What would the response be from your dad if you said, I don't know, maybe they messed up and aren't that good?
Speaker 2: Past the gin?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 3: Well that is my favorite Thanksgiving side, is the gin?
Speaker 1: The gin? Sure? Sure, sure, yeah, all right.
Speaker 3: I do want to just touch on because the reasons to replace Joe Biden have not stopped rolling in. There's been some high profile moments, obviously in the aftermath of an attempted assassination on one of the presidential candidates. He had a couple of speeches that he gave. The one where he said we saw resolve our differences at the battle box and injured and.
Speaker 1: He was seriously injured.
Speaker 3: He was seriously injured, and the differences at the battle box and seems to recognize it and then go back and say battle box again. But that was pre taped, right, That wasn't That wasn't like a live press conference in front with an audience. It was like him at his desk.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's him at the desk. But I don't know, I honestly don't know the nature of whether it was fully live or pre taped. Either way, he.
Speaker 3: Just couldn't pull it off. He couldn't do the thing. There's there's like this interview with Complex magazine where he just like can't do it. It's like nineteen minutes. He you know, it might seem like, oh, well, he doesn't give a shit. He's like with Complex, but like that he needs to nail every interview first of all, and also you know, it's like a young audience who he's really struggling with, and he just like can't maintain his train of thought. Like there's one part where you know, the first question the guy, the first question is like, so you're getting up there, man, like a lot of people think you're too old. And he I tried to transcribe this, but he says, I didn't plan on running because in twenty twenty, when Barack asked me to be vice president, which was a tremendous honor, I joined him, which was a great honor. But after that I became professor at the Universe. It's just like the timeline is like all fucked up.
Speaker 1: And then he like brought up Charlottesville and you're.
Speaker 3: Like yeah, and that like all he had to say was like, well, I did want to run, and then Charlottesville happened and that's when I decided. But like he's just he can't stay on point and eat. Like there are multiple times in this interview where this like eighteen year old kid, I don't I don't know how old.
Speaker 9: Speedy's speedy Speedy Speedy is bailing him out, Like multiple times he's like okay, So that's later he's asked why Trump has support of people in the hip hop community, and like Biden talks about his work on civil rights in high school, I think, he says, but then like, can we just play the ending of this, yeah, because it's just he just shorts out.
Speaker 1: And the number of folks participating didn't slow down because it didn't reduce. So look, I you know Trump, there are some people who've made their mind and they decided. He said, oh, never mind. But you know, Trump, what is it with Speedy doing interviews where people get like the famous oh he's the Ray J indestructible su Yeah, He's like, go ahead, Speedy, break them. They're come on, I don't care. And now Joe Biden is I here, But.
Speaker 3: You know Trump pause pause pause.
Speaker 1: He did a similar thing at the NAACP convention too.
Speaker 3: It's just not working, Like it's just he's not like this is alarming to anybody who's not lying to themselves right.
Speaker 2: Now, anyone who has a pulse.
Speaker 3: So I don't know. So immediately after the assassination attempt on Donald Trump, people, we're making this argument that, well that this stops the attempt to replace Biden in its tracks, like the like they we can't that thing, that idea is dead and it doesn't make like there there's no argument there, Like the only argument I've seen is that Trump is like the attempted assassination is taking up all the media attention, but like, we're not asking for you to make a great TV moment, We're asking you to do what is best for the fucking country.
Speaker 4: And well, I think it's the same thing of like all the dumbs are just stuck and pillaying respectability politics.
Speaker 2: They don't want to they don't want to rock the boat, like they don't want to. I don't want to change anything.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but wouldn't when everyone's distracted be a good time to admit, like to go ahead and do the thing that you need to do with this candidate.
Speaker 2: And they're going to seize a good idea, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Well this is the thing with the d n C, right, Like they're just so fully controlled by like that donor class, and they do a great job, as we've seen over the many years, at just outright ignoring public sentiment fully and like for some reason, the conversation only got frantic until after like the celebrity George Clooney in that New York Times breakup op ed was like, Yo, this dude is a fucking scale. What are we fucking talking about here? And not like it wasn't all the people saying he is too old for this shit for like literal years now, like you know, like they did everything they could. They nuked the primary debate schedule and pretty much forced this bad choice on everyone and hardly what I would call a you know, like democratic process. Yet we're being like beaten to death with this messaging about the fate of our democracy. It's really frustrating. And it's the DNC, like specifically that is like protecting Biden, and that's why we are now hearing talks of like a virtual role call to accelerate his nomination right and basically have him be the not Aye, like well over a month before the actual convention happens. And if that happened, that would effectively just make the actual convention meaningless. Like at the end of August, the whole point, even though it is very ceremonial, it's like to get a sort of you know, it's like we're moving out of the primary season and now we're into the general election season. Everybody's together, they're united around the candidate. But if they're like, sorry, assholes, we did this one behind your backs. This is your fucking person. Now you get to hear you know, Oprah make a speech or something, it's a very different, different, very different vibe. And I think again that's sort of how the DNC works. So it's like, we don't want anyone, we don't want any debate. We're go, don't want to discuss anything. We don't want any dissent. Because you also think about the thirty six delegates that are the uncommitted delegates in states that we're able to have delegates be uncommitted, like in Michigan, Minnesota, other states like that, that was that's a big moment for those people to really air their grievances about what's happening in Gaza and potentially get some kind of concession from the administration or potential new administration. But if it's all said and done, there's really nothing to be fucking worked out at all, and it just becomes like a foregone conclusion. And yeah, they just really don't want any open descent on the convention floor. And this is just sort of part and parcel of what they're doing. And now they're just fully just doubling down on this terrible fucking hand and demonstrating, you know that the lack of awareness that has plagued them.
Speaker 3: I mean they're actively pushing back against some of their biggest donors right now, which you know, like that is that's very UNDNC is to be like, well, what the fuck do you know? Like your donors, Like they're donors who are withholding funding from candidates like down you know, down ballot, down ballot, local candidates, they're withholding funding from them if they don't openly call for Biden this episode, like they're like you that we need you to do that. I don't know if we're getting a you know, outsize amount of attention on the people who want him to step aside, because that is the more interesting like news angle, and therefore it just seems like it's the consensus when it's a small portion of the consensus. But it does seem pretty straightforward. But I don't know how you run him. I just don't know how he continues to run the country and run for president.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well, if like, if the decline was this series between twenty twenty and now, right, that's it going to look like between now, it doesn't get better even twenty twenty six, like the mid terms, and then you're fully dealing with like a meme president where people like, dude, this guy like the spooky Ghosts from Indiana Jones movie in a super like No, it's like not gonna work. It's just a and yeah, it's really It really hinders any kind of ground swell of support that could occur if there was a candidate where at least people are like, well, at least that person could formulate a sentence coherently in a debate consistently for the next four years.
Speaker 3: Ish. Yeah, I mean Biden has said like his logic is that he would only step aside if there was a health thing, which buddy, I don't like, but I guess he needs the doctors who gave him a clean bill of health like a few months ago, to come back and be like all right, we're fucking around like you're you're a mess up there. Or he also said if he thought there was no path for him to win, not if he thought someone else had a better path to win. It's just if he thought he had no path to win, which is pretty wild. Like, so his logic is entirely self centered, Like in that respect, it's only the only thing that matters is that he has a small chance at winning. They're trying to get us all on board with think about the collective good, Like that's all I'm thinking about, is like what could possibly stop Donald Trump being a next president? Like that, you know, that's what everybody else is thinking about. And he's like, only only if I can't possibly win, which seems.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just just wild. Well, this is the mindset that's like so pervasive and dc just in general and politics. It's just you have some of these people who are like, I'm gonna die holding on to power and that's like my right, and it only leads us to just again nothing inspiring, more of the same and at worst seeing this thing unfold in like a really grim way, while they continue to be like everything America will end and you're like and we're counting on. Okay, okay, wait, as long.
Speaker 4: As they can continue to just bang out the you need to vote, that's the only way you'll see change party line. You know, it's just the assumption that everyone's going to get in the line because it can't get.
Speaker 1: Worse, right, right, Yeah, it's yeah. Then that they've they've done an amazing job at making this all like, I'm pretty I need to look at his website, but ago there weren't really there wasn't really anything policy wise on their campaign website. It was just like issues, which I'm also like, come on, man, like where's the policy, Like, let's talk about policy rather than like, yeah, we know body autonomy is important. What's your fucking plan? We know the Supreme Court is fucking corrupt and completely politicized. What's your plan? And it sounds like there he was supposed to make an announcement on that about on Monday, actually about Supreme Court reforms, but again, the assassination attempt completely has sort of derailed the speaking schedule.
Speaker 3: So but they are expecting, like by the time you hear this, there might be a plan out. It's supposed to be announced fairly soon. He's been working he's been in the lab talking to constitutional scholars about about like term limits and you know, various Supreme Court reforms. But I think it would be pretty tricky to pull off based on what I've read to this point.
Speaker 1: But yeah, what that plan is on Joe Biden dot com like under issues like it'll be things like protecting and strengthening our democracy, growing the middle class, fighting the lower costs for working families. It's more just like and it's always juxtaposed with like what the campaign believes and then what Trump would do. And it's never thinking like substantives like yeah, we need good high paying jobs. Okay, talk about how that becomes reality. It's like we we we believe in good high paying jobs. And it's like but Donald Trump doesn't, Oh okay, give a little bit more. Rather than just merely again they've this is like a gift on the curse. It is the gift in the curse and running against Yeah, it's the gift in the curse of running against Donald Trump. As we've seen is that the entire DNC strategy is just to merely just gesture to the Republicans as their entire platform and be like, well that no, and it's just it's completely that well has run pretty dry. At this point, I feel like, yeah.
Speaker 3: All right, well let's take a quick break and we'll come back and we'll talk about Twisters.
Speaker 5: Okay, and we're back.
Speaker 3: We're back, and you know, finally we have We're going to have resolution to all those pesky unanswered questions left dangling at the end of nineteen ninety six as Twister, there's you know, is he his father? Will will they won't? They?
Speaker 1: Will he kiss the Twister? We'll see, we don't know, a lot of tension.
Speaker 3: But yeah, So we're seeing the release of the blated sequel, Twisters, which, as mentioned, I was surprised to learn as directed by Lee Isaac Chung, the guy who made the acclaimed family drama Manari a few years ago.
Speaker 1: Did you guys see Manari? I actually saw the like you. It was like, I saw the first forty minutes of it. I think something with the baby, and I was like, I'm getting back to it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, No, I watched the whole thing.
Speaker 4: I haven't seen the original Twister, but I've certainly seen Manari.
Speaker 1: Well, between the three of us, were covered. We're covered. We're covered.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we see Cinema.
Speaker 1: Right, yeah, enjoy your little funny tornado movies. Okay, we like Christie Cinema. I get it.
Speaker 3: But reviews seem to be mixed. Better than I was expecting. I guess. Before I knew that le Isaac Chung was the director, I was like, well, this is going to be a turkey right, like this will this won't be a good movie by any means. The original was not a good movie, and this is a sequel that came out twenty some years later. Those don't usually work out. The only way it could be more I could be more skeptical, as if it was a prequel somehow, like Twister minus one. It's about the first Twister that ever happened. Yeah, dirt Devil, Yeah right, right exactly, that's right, Twister. But the reviews seem to be mixed, with critics noting that the tornado based thriller prioritizes and this is gonna surprise you guess spectacle over plot. Wait have they seen the first one? Right?
Speaker 1: It was a movie about just running away from a tornado. That's all the movie is. And it's made to look like it's basically a bunch of chase scenes of the tornado. But yeah, I get it.
Speaker 3: There's no plot tornado chase, tornado, fuck the movie.
Speaker 1: Running from the running from the tornado too is what essentially with this movie I think will be. But we'll see. I'm about to go see it.
Speaker 3: And they're like, they don't run from the tornado. That that's what's different about these folks the tornado. Other people they run from this guy he ride tornadom Anyways, the one detail that some people are pointing out is that none of the characters ever utter the words climate chair. This being a weather based action spectacle, you might assume that because in the real world tornadoes are becoming more widespread and more clustered, like they're more twisters scenarios where multiple tornadoes are happening around the same place and time, that it would be kind of right or even like weird not to mention it because it seems like such a tie in. But Chung has said that he doesn't think films should be message oriented, which I don't like.
Speaker 1: What it's a choice, How do you I mean inherently there is a message in some level.
Speaker 3: There shouldn't be messages or meaning.
Speaker 10: Even long legs, right, did Minari have a message to you as you watch that.
Speaker 2: Yes, no, no, no, maybe I'm just like it.
Speaker 3: Was in a different language. So I was just.
Speaker 1: Seriously, I mean, as people who saw it, like, I imagine there is he's getting at something in that film.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think, like I know. So he says he claims his film is a reflection of the world, and pointed to one scene in which a local farmer complains that storms are more frequent, making the price of wheat more expensive. So like it seems like he's like, this is a reflection of the world. This is how people would talk about this. They would not come out and have a conversation about climate change. Maybe they wouldn't. They wouldn't have an explicit political message embedded in their conversations, which I don't know if that's true necessary, but I would.
Speaker 2: Totally disagree with it.
Speaker 4: There was an interview on NPR a couple of months ago with a farmer I think from like an Oklahoma who was talking about, you know, things that we're worried about is you know, there's we're experiencing more dry spells, hotter summers.
Speaker 2: But he's like, I would never vote for a Democrat, Like I don't believe in climate change.
Speaker 4: So it's I don't think it's like off topic, but you know, to your point, like a film's the opportunity to do it.
Speaker 1: So yeah, but I think part of me just knowing what the original was like and the reason why I'm even attracted by the proposition of a sequel is that it's there is no message. You go to see a big ass finger of God as they call it, like F five tornado touchdown and they run two or from it, and I don't know, like part of me is like I think maybe because the existential dread of climate change is so pervasive that it's like, man, just even in this one, let me just watch the fucking twister blow truck away man and a cow flies up into the thing, and like let'sten talk about climate change and like let's just let it be funny.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're not watching Jaws to be told that, like the water, the ocean waters overheating and are driven close.
Speaker 3: I have that exact thought that, like, if you know, Jaws had like a moment where they were like and this is actually because of nuclear proliferation, I might be like, well, that right feels a little weird. But at the same time, like, I don't know, it seems you have tornado scientists, you have like weather experts, and do we really.
Speaker 4: Think that like meteorologists are like weather experts. This is my hot take, Like meteorolog or meteorologists real.
Speaker 3: Do they even exist?
Speaker 2: Can they predict anything at all?
Speaker 9: Like?
Speaker 2: What is the science there?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I mean I feel like people who work in the atmospheric sciences certainly, yeah, but like the weather person maybe a bit of a different bar scientifically to clear for sure. But I mean like there's also like like obviously yes, they're like the logic of climate change would suggest that they are linked, but even the people who are studying this or like there, they still haven't found what they would consider like a definitive link. And I'm not defending climate change or any like that, but I think just part of me too is just like I don't think Twister might is the movie to fucking talk about that, because it's so stupid to begin with that. I think they would just go in one ear and one out the other.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean again it's I think it's I think would all come out in the wash either way.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Yeah, I mean I think, like I'm sure there's like pressure from on high from you know, producers and studios being like, don't mention that because it's gonna first of all, we as billionaires don't believe in climate change, and second of all, it's just gonna alienate some of your view in public. But it's just across the board. Like a recent report found that two point eight percent of movies and TV shows from twenty sixteen to twenty twenty include any mention of climate change. The word dog was mentioned almost thirteen times as often as all thirty six climate keywords put together. So like just pulling a random word a random.
Speaker 4: Subject, and you feel like that's a fair comparison, like pull in like other policy issue.
Speaker 2: Everybody loves dogs.
Speaker 1: Yeah right, right, yeah, I think And also like very American too, like yeah, we know this is America. People care more about dogs than fucking people here right, let alone their own.
Speaker 2: Earth right down here in Texas, than I do.
Speaker 1: Right exactly, So I mean, but it does show like just generally too, like it most most films are really not wanting to confront I mean, most films don't confront a lot of serious issues in the way that arises to the mainstream, but are like you know, getting to like the top, like the tent pole type movies. But yeah, I think there there's certainly a way to have that in media that isn't being like that isn't going to make someone feel I mean like there are always people are gonna feel like, oh, you're preaching to me merely because you acknowledged the changing nature of like our client, like our Earth death. But you know, fuck those people. Just if it's relevant to your story, you can still you know, feature that kind of concept in it without it being anathema to people who are you know, don't want to hear stuff like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I mean the movies that do reference climate change tend to be like pretty apocalyptic in nature, like The Day After Tomorrow and stuff like that, So you know that that's also probably leads people to down toward a direction of thinking that it's all hopeless and or unbelievable.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, you know what I mean. Like I remember going to see The Day After Tomorrow in the theater and be like, holy shit, dude, you see the ice just fucking like froze that wolf like in as it was running. That's fucked up. And in my mind, I'm never like Wow, this could be the Like, for whatever reason, Water World fucked me up more than The Day After Tomorrow and that movie literally doesn't mention climate change at all. Yeah, but in my mind conceptual, I was like, what if they all melt? It's all water Now I didn't know that.
Speaker 4: My brain went right to Interstellar just because of the whole you know, dust bowl intro. Yeah, but that's I mean, equally as unbelievable as you know, time nonlinear.
Speaker 2: I'm not going to talk about the science. There's no way I can figure that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, okay, I think I think those are both good examples of like how like a very specific thing, like you just take one of the things that could happen and focus on that. Like, I agree, those are the two examples that really stuck with me in the Day after Tomorrow. Seems like the dumbest possible approach, where it's just like ice laser is gonna come from space and freeze people where they stand, right, But.
Speaker 1: Like I think of it, like how Squid Game was such an effective critique of capitalism because they're not actually mentioning it, but they're they're kind of setting it up like in this metaphor and like the stressors that like affect the character's lives where people immediately go like, oh yeah, dude, exactly, man, it's like fucked up. And some people like arrive at WHOA like they have that moment.
Speaker 3: Because it's packaged, and some of us are just like that looks sick as fuck. I wish I could play that game.
Speaker 4: Well, that's a great example because we took something that was meant to be, you know, a conversation about capitalism, and turned it into a real thing that real people were competing.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Last month, a environmental organization released a Bechdel Test esque climate reality check, which evaluates whether a climate change exists in the universe of a project and b if a character knows that it exists. So it's like you can tell that a character is aware of the existence of climate change. And the numbers weren't great. Of the top twenty box office earners between twenty eighteen and twenty twenty two, only four past this test. One of them was Venom and another one was Fast and Furious Presents Hobbs and Shaw.
Speaker 1: That's like, but then like when for like climate research and be like and these are the movies that did well and you're like, man, nobody took that away from watching Fast and Furious like Hobbs, I said, Thomas Hobbs, Hobbs and Shaw like there.
Speaker 3: I don't know, I don't know, I didn't see it, but maybe that's maybe our future climate scientists are going to be radicalized by Fast and Furious present presents Hobbs and Shaw more so than Greta Thunberg.
Speaker 2: You know, yeah, I mean, like.
Speaker 4: The chemistry between Venom and Eddie Brock is a lot stronger than you know, Eddie Brock and climate change.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly exactly. I'm just thinking, like I feel like, yeah, for for movies that would deal with something like this, like you kind of have to you really have to package it in a way that people don't like connect to the humanity of it first and and they can actually then connect the dots after the fact. I think for a film to really be impactful in that way for talking about something like climate change, are like how some of the best movies I like grapple like with racism. It's just like it's inherently built into the film where you kind of begin to understand the context in which the characters are operating without it being like Racism, the movie climate Change, the movie Capitalism, the movie You can still get those like really complex sort of ideas out in a way that connects, I think, without it having to be sort of front and center or not like front and center, but sort of sort of like so aggressively put forward and like how the characters are talking or whatever. But hey, I don't I'm not. I'm not also a person Like if I saw Twisters and they're like, yeah, man, climate change is sucking up the planet, I'd like, yeah, fuck yeah, and then I would continue to nervously drink my diet coke in one sip because I don't know what to do with all the dread I'm feeling.
Speaker 3: Just watch me Shotgun this shit, the other films, the other Blockbusters, Aquaman and Jurassic World, Dominion. So miss Pratt, you know he's doing is He's doing the work. So he's doing a work that's right. Well, Meg, such a pleasure having you on the show. Where can people find you? Follow you all that good stuff?
Speaker 2: For sure?
Speaker 4: You can find me on Twitter at Men Write Women and on Instagram at meg Vandriska. And my book, A Tale of Two Titties is out July twenty third, wherever you want to pick up your book, your local indie, Amazon, Barnes and Noble gets there for you.
Speaker 3: Amazing, And is there a work of media that you've been enjoying.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I saw a tweet.
Speaker 4: I just saw Long Legs, like right when it came out and right after it, I'd see in you know Nick Cage saying that he was so inspired by watching his mom put on Noxema every morning that it inspired his makeup for Long Legs. So it's found a tweet of some kid like heavily upplying, you know, shaving cream to their face and serving it as inspo for long Legs.
Speaker 3: That's right, that's great, am Noma, I uh wore. There are some I've I've talked before about the moisturizing mask that my wife wears, all facial mash Korean skin facial masks, and just how good a horror movie mask it would.
Speaker 1: Make, Like if it dried onto arcas goopy also looks pretty menty if Karen products.
Speaker 4: In general or like like horror movie ask you know the ones that dry clear and you can peel it off, Yeah, peel it off.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's all it's all terror Miles. Where can people find you? Is their work media you've been enjoying?
Speaker 1: Yeah at Twitter or Twitter and Instagram at Miles of Gray. Find Jack and I on the basketball podcast Miles and Jack Got Mad Boosties. Find me talking ninety day on four to twenty Day Fiance. Let's see a couple of tweets I like. First one is from friend of the show, CJ Toldano at CJ Toledano tweeted, Biden should respond by staging a chase down block in a pickup basketball game. Would be lebron esque and may help a little bit. Another one I like is from Tabitha at the Taller Weft tweeted, Hey, We're all going to the brewery for Hecking Doggo trivia night. It's in a renovated factory with no sound absorption and you can play Giant Jenga. The food comes out of a window that says send nudes in giant neon letters. There are one hundred men named Greg.
Speaker 8: Here.
Speaker 1: Sounds like a place is always just like I'm thinking of. This might be the one in downtown, or probably every brewery in a major city has this exact vibe for some reason.
Speaker 2: It's on Austin six straight past fight all the.
Speaker 1: Time, right right right, Yeah, Giant Jenga and Brick Everywhere is pretty much like the the actual things you need to be called a brewery in twenty twenty four, I.
Speaker 3: Mean, you can find me on Twitter at Jack Underscore. Brian tweet I've been enjoying lesbian Mothman tweeted. Dislike seeing adult twins in public. Feels like they're going to ask me a riddle, and I think, yeah, I think we can all go with that a little bit. You can find us on Twitter at daily Zeikeeist. We're at the Daily zeike Gist on Instagram. We have a Facebook fan page on a website daily zeikeuist dot com where we post our episodes and our footnotes when we look off to the information that we talked about in today's episode, as well as a song that we think you might enjoy. Miles, what song do you think people might enjoy?
Speaker 1: Another track from the band Pond, which is again like an offshoot of Tame and Paula. Like many of the members of Pond have played in Tame and Paula and vice versa. So if you like Tame and Paula, you like this. The track is called Black Lung and it's just got like big big guitars and just a nice track, just a nice.
Speaker 3: Track, big crounchy guitar.
Speaker 1: Hey man, you like that big distorted guitar man with that chorus on there. But yeah, this is a great one, Black Long by Pond.
Speaker 3: All right, We will link off to that in the footnotes the day. These guys are the production of iHeartRadio. For more podcasts from my heart Radio, visit the iHeartRadio app podcaster Where am I a fine podcaster? Give it away for free? That's gonna do it for us this morning. We are back this afternoon to tell you what is trending and we will talk to you all then.
Speaker 1: Bye bye