Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio News, The.
Speaker 2: Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 3: Let's take a look at substocks on the move today in Europe. I'm Stephen Carroll and we're joined by Bloomberg's Breaking News editor Louise me and Louise good morning. Let's start in Switzerland with UBS shares up four point three percent.
Speaker 1: Indeed, yeah, a seventeen year high this morning. So this is on the back of big news in Switzerland that lawmakers are proposing watering down capital demands that the government wants to impose on UBS. So there was quite kind of a host of recommendations, but the main one being that it would potentially allow UBS to use the kind of junior debt it's known as at one bonds instead of equity to meet these capital demands. So if this all went ahead and went through, then that could potentially end what's been quite a s and off between the government from the government to tighten these rules on UBS and has also faced a lot of criticism in the parliament. So they were first kind of started to be discussed last year and since then that so throughout that whole time they've kind of clouded UBS's share price. You know, the bankers indicated that if it went ahead, they might need to reduce investor payments investor payouts, so it's really been quite weighing down on their shares, and these potential proposals are being seen as or they're being welcomed by the market, as you can see from the share price to share prices jumping. One analyst was saying, you know, it could point to future voting behavior in the Parliament and it has been taken as quite good news. So we'll have to keep an eye to see if this actually does go through, but yeah, very much being welcomed and UBS shares reacting on the back of that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, really interesting one to watch. In Switzerland, we've got a Germany next Lo Tanza shares also out performing there, up five and a half percent.
Speaker 1: Indeed, so List has raised them to a buy. They don't have if you look at all the analyst holdings, they only have five buys including this latest one, fifteen holds and four cells. So shares are reacting positively that they're up this on the back of this news this morning there now back at levels lasteing in kind of early twenty twenty four. So essentially the analysts is saying that, you know, there's been a change in global travels becoming a luxury category with premiumization at its core, so they're shifting more towards the type of operators that have exposure to that premium international long haul and particularly in places where demand is high but supply is quite constrained, so they see Luftansa as attractive. On the back of that, Loftandra has been you know, stepping into or stepping up that they're pushed towards premiumization, and they recently said that that's starting to kind of make progress and have quite a lot of impact. So being upgraded on the back of that, they did must say. They did also note that there are stills some challenges, full of hander to contend with, so there's pressure from unions, there's a lot of competition in the middle least and so on. But they've raised it to a buy on the back of that change in global travel and that's lifting shares this morning.
Speaker 3: Okay, and the question of the day, Louise, do you send Christmas cards? I love Christmas cards. Sending them out already, just one of these people who just receives them.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, I've been writing away, sending them out. You've got to keep the traditions alive.
Speaker 3: True, but are you booking a trend? If we're looking at what's coming out a card factory.
Speaker 1: This morning, well it seems as though I am. We need to get Christmas cards back in. Everyone's on everyone's agenda. Yeah, card factory shares absolutely plummeting. It's quite remarkle if you look at their share price graph, down twenty seven percent this morning, the lowes since twenty twenty two. That's after they cut their guidance this morning. So they're now expecting maximum up to sixty million pounds in pretax profit next year. They had expected growth from their sixty so last year they achieved sixty six million. They had expected growth from that. Now expecting maximum sixty million, So quite a cut from them. And what they're really citing is the lack of consumer confidence in the UK. They say that the UK stores are performing worse than expected, and they pointed to other businesses Islands North America being fine. So Alice saying this is quite short warning that surprises in scale, so it seems more people need to be sending Christmas cards. Keep the card factory alive.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers Report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.