Speaker 1: Help We Suck At Being Newlyweds with Dean and Jared haven.
Speaker 2: An iHeartRadio podcast.
Speaker 1: What's going on? Everybody? Welcome to an all new episode of Help We Suck At Being Newlyweds? And I'm gonna silently clap for myself for getting men correct on the first by looking at you, Jared. We got a great episode for you guys today, and I hope you stay tuned for all of it because we talked about some really cool stuff and we haven't eve talked about it yet, but I'm just I'm just projecting and assuming that we're gonna talk about.
Speaker 3: Well, we're just cool people, so we talk about cool stuff. Speaking of cool stuff, make sure you tune in. On Thursday, we have Rye dell Funk who's coming. Uh So, she was on Disney Channel. I remember that. I mean, obviously she's a brother an actress. Her brother was on Ross Lynchem Dean and I Dean Cal and I were just talking about remember like the commercials where they had the wand and it'd be like you're watching Disney Channels and you're watching this.
Speaker 1: Beans, right, But he did one of them, and there was a while like maybe a couple of years ago where they're the blooper reels or like they were posting the video without animation. Yeah, and it's like so awkward.
Speaker 2: And yeah, I'm Liz MacGuire and you're watching Disney.
Speaker 1: And Beans, is I remember specifically being extra awkward? Oh?
Speaker 2: I remember? Oh, she didn't say Lizzie Hillary.
Speaker 1: Duff, right, yeah, because I guess they would say their name, which is interesting because as a kid, you would kind of always think that the character they're playing is who they are in real life. But then they'd be like Hillary Duff, but you're like, wait, your name's Lizy McGuire, I thought.
Speaker 2: I do. I do kind of remember the Beans one being super awkward.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right, Beans is from even Stevens, right, yes, okay, just making sure remembering my Disney Channel shows.
Speaker 1: This is gonna sound really stupid. But did he love beans or did he love bacon?
Speaker 2: I don't remember.
Speaker 1: He must have loved beans because his name is beans. I know he was obsessed with the food. I kind of want to say it's bacon, but that doesn't make any sense, right, because then his name would be bacon. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, maybe that's the irony of it. Maybe that's the joke right there. Yeah, Even Stevens was ahead of its time. Do you remember the musical episode, Yeah, all the time period, sixth period.
Speaker 1: No. I said he went to the Moon in nineteen sixty ninety nine. Yeah, eight, but the year after. I haven't sung that in a long long time.
Speaker 2: It's been a year.
Speaker 1: I go through phases though. Yeah, I'll sing a lot of Even Stephens musical songs, and then I'll give it a break for like a year or two, and then I'll go back and I think we're back into the phase of the Even Stevens or Moana.
Speaker 2: It goes from Even Stevens to Mowana.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, Sorry, I'm singing around the house.
Speaker 2: I'm just telling people what you sing around the house.
Speaker 1: I'm just telling people what what do you sing around the house? Yeah, Calen, what do you sing?
Speaker 2: I don't know, dude, nothing.
Speaker 1: You know, you don't hum anything.
Speaker 2: I think we both kind of make up songs sometimes, Dude.
Speaker 3: It's just constant Sesame Street and Miss Rachel. It's it's I hate it because I'll be in the car by myself, driving to my opportunity to listen to adult music music that I like, and yet I'm in the car and I can hear in my head.
Speaker 1: Happy happyat dance dance, Happy happyat dance dance. When we learn something new, we do.
Speaker 3: That happy dance dance and I'm like, oh my god, I gotta get this out of my head.
Speaker 1: You should start like blaring ac DC or rage against the machine. Yeah, so I can just ye so I can come home to Dawson head bang in the whole time you come home, Dad. So let's go, Yeah, understruct Dad's home. Let's go Dawson. But let's talk about Kaylen real quick. So Kaylen just got back from her trip with Rafa and Nadal.
Speaker 2: Sure did. It was amazing.
Speaker 1: Do you know who Rafa is? Jared? Are you saying Rafael and the doll? So this is what I said. She was like, I'm sa Rafa today. I was like, oh, you better call him Rafael because that's his name and you will give him that respect. And she was like, no, everyone calls him Rafa on this all the science.
Speaker 2: His name is at the Rafanidal Academy, doll, not Raphael. And then we met him and they're like, hey, Ralf is here. Everyone calls him Raffa in Spain. Maybe it's just a Spanish thing.
Speaker 1: Maybe, yeah, it could be. So you're telling me his name is not Rae. It's like his nickname.
Speaker 2: Yeah, everyone calls him Raffa. And I was at the Rafa Academy, Rafa Nadal Academy, you know. So it's like, I guess it's his nickname that he just goes by, right right.
Speaker 1: Why would you have the academy be named after his nickname? Because should be what? It's an academy, yeah, like at but it's.
Speaker 2: Still his first name, last name. Academy.
Speaker 1: It's not like it's not like a lecture hall or a laboratory.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but like, say there was a school named after you, Dean, it wouldn't be Deanie Baby's Academy. It would be I mean, that'd be cool name, don't get me wrong. I would definitely pay for tuition there. But it would be Dean Angler or Dean Bell. Yeah that's academy.
Speaker 1: Right. You'd want it to be like the proper pronunciation of your legal name. Yeah, right, No, but I but if you're off in it all, I guess you've won a million grand slams and you can kind of do whatever you want.
Speaker 2: A million exactly was it.
Speaker 1: Was it too roughly? Yeah? Million? But how was that?
Speaker 2: It was so cool? So first I was in I was in France last episode and that was a blast, even though it rained every day and we were supposed to be there to shoot my friend's clothing line. So we did the best that we could with all of the rain, and we didn't really get to explore much, but I don't know, it was still beautiful. Definitely want to go back and explore more. And then we went to Spain. We went to Mayorca, and I thought Mayorka, like I didn't have much knowledge of it prior, and I was like, if I were to go there, I'd probably spend three days there. But there's so much to do on the island. It's so big, and I feel like we barely like scratched the surface there. But we first day we just kind of relaxed. We went to the raf and Adal Museum, which was so cool, and then the next day we played tennis. We met Rafa, we got coached by his coach and some other coaches. We played tennis for like two hours. It was so much fun, and then we kind of explored the island. I was there with Kia so we drove the Kia EV six GT, which was a great car.
Speaker 1: Hey, they're not sponsoring this podcast, you don't have to play, ye, but I will maybe you know.
Speaker 2: It was actually an awesome car and drove around the island and it was really cool because with brand trips typically like you're on their schedule, Like the brand schedule, they plan everything out and they gave everyone their own car to just kind of explore, so it felt like it was your own trip rather than a brand trip. I felt like me and MK were just hanging out, like continuing our France trip. So that was really cool and different and fun. And then they had this great yr own experience where they had like five different options to choose from, so we all did different things. The next day, I was supposed to go kayaking through caves, but the waves were too rough, so I just drove through different towns in America and then went horseback riding. And the horseback riding was insane because we basically they they're like different levels, and they were like, if your more experience, we can go on the beach and do this harder trail. So they took us on the easy trail, which was actually really hard, and the horses were stumbling and we were all a little freaked out, but we got to no, they were tripping and not it was like such a rocky, rough trail. But so they're all rescue horses. Mine was an old race horse, and they're kind of they're used to just flat past, so then they're adjusting to.
Speaker 1: Like, you know, what was your horse's name?
Speaker 2: They never told me.
Speaker 1: Actually, oh that's sad. I feel like all these race horses.
Speaker 2: Have really cool They basically put us all on horses and just said, okay, boulder rains to stop and then release. It's like a car and then they just we took off and two of the horses hated each other, so one almost like bucked a girl off. It was a pretty wild experience.
Speaker 1: But yeah, some horse drama here, lots.
Speaker 2: Of horse drama, and they just didn't like horses for real.
Speaker 1: This horse was hooking with that horse behind this horse's back.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this horse was a bitch and he was an asshole and he was a sweetheart.
Speaker 2: Though, but it was so it was like my dream trip. I love tennis, I love horseback riding, so it was unbelievable and love at all.
Speaker 3: How good are you at tennis. Don't be humble, like, how good are you?
Speaker 1: Four? Out of what? There's a weird rating system for tennis that I just learned about. Like last week, I was like, yeah, my in instructure told me I'm about a four now and.
Speaker 2: No, my coach was like, I'm a three five if I can fix my servant before.
Speaker 1: But like a tennis handicap, Jared's right, like out of what it is, Yeah, it's like out of.
Speaker 2: Five, six or six, I'm not that good. I'm not that good. I'm a three and a half.
Speaker 1: So does that make me like a five and a half? Oh my gosh. So, Kaitlyn, you're better at tennis than Dean. Yes, here's the thing. She's more technically proficient, but I'm more athletic.
Speaker 2: You have not played with me. I take lessons consistently. Now you haven't played with me since I've taken.
Speaker 1: Like that's true. But even on your best day, I think I can beat you.
Speaker 2: I am actually really good.
Speaker 1: Just because I am more athletic than you now, Like generally speaking.
Speaker 2: I can beat Tory now I've.
Speaker 1: Beat I'm not saying you're bad at tennis. I just hold my own opinion of myself so high.
Speaker 2: But you're wrong.
Speaker 3: So we need to settle this, like I need to. I need investment in this, my money. So you when's the last time you two have played?
Speaker 1: Two years ago? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Ago, but I wasn't good, and now I take lessons.
Speaker 1: I've secretly been taking lessons too.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Right between golfs, I'll take out my tennis racket and work on my.
Speaker 3: Forehand, obviously on the seventeenth hole. So, Dean, have you played in the past two years?
Speaker 1: No, the only time I play is with her.
Speaker 3: Dude, Klan's gonna whoop your ass.
Speaker 1: I can control I can control my whole square on the court. I can be anywhere at any time.
Speaker 2: He lobs the ball, he goes way too far, he goes out.
Speaker 1: I love the ball because it's easier for you to return the ball.
Speaker 2: With a lot, it's much harder.
Speaker 1: Actually, okay, well, not a lob. It's just like a curveball.
Speaker 2: It just goes up so high and then comes down and it's slow.
Speaker 3: And you know, yeah, is there anything because I play with my friends, is there anything uh like legitimate about changing someone's eye level?
Speaker 1: Does that actually mess people up?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 3: Because sometimes I'll hit a lot in my head, in my obscure head. So I'll volley and I'll hit it over the net, and then they'll volley back, and sometimes I'll just hit it high because their head will go back and kind of like the sun gets in their eyes, and like, I think it throws off their equilibrium if I hit one high and then the next one's a line drive at them.
Speaker 1: Nice. Do you think there's any playing checkers? Yeah, I like to think so, I don't think so there's got to I bet you it's maybe it does not to the same extent you're thinking of, but it's got to like affect you at least a little bit.
Speaker 3: Maybe like Dean and I are the ones like before here and we're like, no, no, definitely, man, this wor.
Speaker 1: Lob all you. Well, they're gonna get screwed.
Speaker 2: There were so we played with some people who are really really good and their trick.
Speaker 1: Shots were just through Rafa. Did you play against Raffa?
Speaker 2: No, we only had like ten minutes with Rafa, but his coach coached us, which I think is really cool. Charlie Moya, who's also like a huge tennis player.
Speaker 1: Did you see any like of Rafa Rafa Rafa's serves.
Speaker 2: No, he didn't. He's injured right now. He just pulled out of what was it, the French Open, so he's injured, and they didn't think he was gonna come to the trip at all because of the injury.
Speaker 1: I think it's so interesting when and it makes sense when you really think about it, but like when Raffa Nadal has a coach, or like John Rahm who won the Masters as a coach, Like the best player in the world is being coached by someone who's not nearly as good as them, you know, and then to.
Speaker 2: Be at the academy with Charlie Moya there, who coached him. That's what someone told me. I haven't fact checked that, but I'm pretty sure Charlie Moya coached him. I could be wrong, but just like to have his coach there standing at his academy with like thirty tennis s courts. He has a museum to himself, he has like hotel. We stayed at Rofinadal Academy, which is also a hotel, Like people go to school there. It's just crazy.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that was my thought, right, but we just didn't really get to expand on my thought at all. But I see what you're saying. It is crazy.
Speaker 2: Well, but like to have your coach be there and see all of that.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, right, Like you're a multi you're probably a billionaire, and your coach is like, I'm sure he's doing well for himself, but like, I see what you're saying. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's the same thing with golf. Anytime watching golf, and like Phil Milkison is talking to his caddy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like, bro, you know what you're doing. Why do you need why do you need someone to help you pick a club? It's interesting player in the world, right, You're like, well, what what do you need help for? You're so good? But then too like yeah, exactly, and it is good to have like a second opinion, and like maybe people are better at reading greens and all that kind of stuff. But but yeah, so cool. Sounds like you had a great trip. I'm really happy for you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm pretty sure I was right on that coach thing.
Speaker 1: But I don't think anyone is really gonna worry about whether you were wrong.
Speaker 3: Do you do you two play? So you play golf together, you play tennis together? Do you play any other sports together? We don't play any of those things together.
Speaker 2: Really, we played fotball. We just haven't this year yet.
Speaker 1: I mean, we played pickleball together. We should play more.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well we it just got warm out.
Speaker 1: Well now it's like too warm to play.
Speaker 2: We could play more.
Speaker 1: Just got warm out. What a Vegas thing. It finally got over one hundred. They can finally go outside.
Speaker 2: I just want to correct myself the names Carlos Moya. Oh well, anyways, pick a ball? Yeah, we should play, right.
Speaker 1: We don't really do many sports together though, No, just do you and actually do any sports together? No, That's why I was asking.
Speaker 3: It's like the one thing that I wish is she is so on athletic, on coordinated.
Speaker 1: This actually so uncoordinated. It's crazy about.
Speaker 2: Like two episodes ago, and we suggested pickleball. Have you guys tried it yet?
Speaker 1: We haven't tried pickleball yet, getting it. It's just.
Speaker 3: I will crush her in pickleball. I have to like, really, you know, but have you played.
Speaker 1: Not with her? We've played tennis together and it was a disaster and it was fine. It was so sweet.
Speaker 2: The ball can't really go that far, no matter how much muscle you have.
Speaker 1: Yes, I agree, so we should try that. Actually, I was playing tennis earlier today with some people from work and there are people playing pick a ball behind us for old people.
Speaker 3: Obviously, what a stereotype. Uh so, yeah, we should play pick a ball. Also, the problem is Ashley has no desire to do these things. I mean, she would do it for me, but I would have it. Would it would have to be me, Like she would do it for me. It's a favor to me, and I don't want to you know you guys know like relationship favors, like there's only some you got to pick and shoes, Yeah, because that's those relationship favors are very important. Because if she's doing this for me, then the next time she's like, hey, I want to do this, I'm like ah, and she's like, well, I play pickaball for you, and I'm like no, it's.
Speaker 1: Not no, no, no, that doesn't count.
Speaker 2: And then of course I think that she would want to do that, she would hold that over on you.
Speaker 1: This is going to sound so first world again watching a TV show. I can't do it, guys, I can't do it. I've never been able to do it. I don't think I'll ever be able to do it.
Speaker 3: I can't commit these people who are like, hey, you should watch this show. It's four seasons long and you just have to get through the first seven episodes and then it gets great. And I'm like, okay, cool, I'll go through seven hours of mediocre to bad TV to get to something that's kind of interesting. I couldn't be good. I'm not doing it. I'm not doing it, and I just can't commit.
Speaker 1: Guys. I watch an episode, maybe two, and then I'm done. I'm out. I said's it. I saw a funny meme yesterday. It was like it was like Netflix talking to you. I was like, hey, do you want to sit down and watch a ten hour movie? And you're like, absolutely not. And then Netflix is like, well what if I break it up into ten segments and then you can binge it all one day? And you're like, yeah, sign me up for that. Yeah, one of.
Speaker 3: Us would actually, you know, I mean, just to go. I mean, it's it's it's fine, it's all fine things. It's like it's it's more just you know, like let's have a picnic on the beach and like very sweet things.
Speaker 2: That's nice.
Speaker 1: I know, it's very nice, it's very nice. But I just want to freaking golf guys. Ye, gods are so similar, you know, we have so much in comment. My time is so limited in the golf cart. No, that's just not how it works.
Speaker 3: But she did again, if she came in the golf cart. This is not a bond, This is not bonding time. This is that is her doing something for me, you know what I mean. And she knows it and she will use it right.
Speaker 1: And then I do the same thing with Kaylin when I like, I don't know, I ask you to do something for me that I know you're not really gonna like, but I want you to spend time with me, so I try to like force it a little bit. And then if Kaylen isn't one hundred percent fully enthused and ecstatic the entire time, I'm like, oh, she's having a miserable time and she hates being here, And I say, get in my own head, and I spiral and it gets worse and worse.
Speaker 2: And I'm like, wait, I'm having a good time.
Speaker 1: I'm just being quiet, right, yeah, And I'm like, well, if you're not talking, you're not having good time. I dragged you out here, and now you're being miserable and you wish you were somewhere else and then it's just bad.
Speaker 2: But I'm glad you know you do that because.
Speaker 1: You do it and lo I do it a lot.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Actually, we have a kind of this dilemma this weekend. I want Kaylen to ride on the back of my motorcycle for an hour. Hold on, before you go into the story, would you just say Europe was great? Nope? After that motorcycle, you say, dilemma. Dilemma we're at We got this dilemma. Isn't it a dilemma? Yeah? Just tomato tomato, you know. Continue, we've got this dilemma. I want Kaylen to spend Sunday with me. I'm doing this wing walking thing and it's a wing walk so okay. So you know how there's these old planes that have two wings, like one high wing one low wing like this.
Speaker 3: No uh oh yeah in old school, like uh where like the head you're not like in a you're not in the plane.
Speaker 1: Your head is like kind of sticking out. Yeah yeah, and there's two wings in front of you and there's two seats, so wing walking. I sign up for this like six months ago and totally forgot about it until last week. You you fly up in the plane with this guy. The guy's flying from the back here in the front seat, and you get up to like six thousand feet or whatever, and you crawl out of the seat and you walk onto the wing while it's flying through the air. And so I'm doing that on Sunday.
Speaker 2: I even't asked you this is this this skydiving thing or then you just go back in.
Speaker 1: I've asked him. I was like, hey, can I skydive out of the plane And they're like, no, it's dangerous because you're a parachute, might get caught on something on the plane or something like that. So just you're tethered to the plane.
Speaker 3: What do you mean you're tethered to the plane? How what if you slip off the wing or how how tethered are you?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I've wondered that too, because then like what, you're just hanging from the plane as it tries to land. I don't think that would really be very comfortable with it.
Speaker 3: And then you have to like try to get your grip back while you're six thousand.
Speaker 1: Feet in the air. This is stupid walking. I'm looking it up. So anyway, so it's an hour away from where we're staying in LA, and the only motor transportation we have in LA is my motorcycle. So I was like, Kaylen, will you ride on the motorcycle one hour with me to this hangar where I do the wing walking, because I you know, it could be a four hour day, it could be an eight hour day. They're not really sure, weather dependent and stuff, and I like, I just like, I just want you to hang out with me. Blah blah blah, and Kaylen like, obviously don't want to ride in the back of the motorcycle for an hour, but this is like a relationship favorite thing. Like, you know, if if Kaylen does this for me, then what do I have to eventually do in return for you.
Speaker 2: Two things, I have not been on a motorcycle since we got into a crash. Second thing, Yeah, I'm coming to LA to spend time with you. I don't even want to go to LA. I'm going to LA just to hang out with you.
Speaker 1: So you're already in LA and I'm asking you to spend the whole day Sunday with me. Yeah, I'm not doing that exactly, that's my but you kind of just prove my point for me. You're coming to La to hang with me, and then you're not going to hang with me.
Speaker 2: No, I am.
Speaker 1: Saturday is our day to hang sure, but also Sunday could be our day to hang too. Can't do it, but I can't do it, won't do it. The thing with the motorcycle is I had this super cool nineteen eighty five Honda c B seven fifty.
Speaker 2: So cool it was, that's a I cool the motorcycle.
Speaker 1: It was so cool. How could you not appreciate that beautiful piece of craftsmanship. Anyways, it had forty year old breaks, and this guy illegally turned out in front of us and we hit him. And it was just like kind of the perfect storm of things, like this guy didn't see us, he turned out, he cut us off. I couldn't stop in time because the breaks were bad, there was extra wait, there was water on the road. Blah blah blah blah. Were perfectly fine. We walked away from it. The only motorcycle crash I've ever been in my entire life. We walked away from. And now I've got a twenty twenty one Harley that is very capable stop on a dime, very comfortable. You got a back rest and only I'm asking this read you sit on the back of it for one hour, and hour is a long time. Oh what about the time we did Roadhana. You were on the back of that motorcycle for like eight hour.
Speaker 2: I feel safe on a motorcycle in Hawaii because people drive safe. People drive like psychotic people in la.
Speaker 3: Well, anyway, sorry, Budy, I can't get behind in this one. Motorcycles they're just too scary for him.
Speaker 1: In fairness, I am dreading that hour long drive as well, and hour is too long to spind on a motorcycle at this age.
Speaker 3: I'm also looking up this wing walking thing. It just it looks intense. I'm not gonna lie.
Speaker 1: Yeah you literally, so do you know what this is?
Speaker 2: Kailin Nope, I thought he was. I thought he was just jumping off the wing like he jumps out of hot air boons.
Speaker 3: So he's going to do he's in the plane and he's gonna climb out of the plane. Literally, you're in the seat and then you're climbing out of the sea on top of the wing, and then you strap yourself in because you're not tether.
Speaker 1: He's going to be.
Speaker 3: And then he's strapped up and he's standing on top of the wing and then the plane is going to go upside down, and that's when he's tethered to the plane and then he's flying on on the wing upside down.
Speaker 1: Sounds sick, right, It looks just YouTube. It looks so have you guys seen him practical jokers the movie?
Speaker 3: No, Murray does it as a punishment.
Speaker 1: I just remember at the end of the movie. So, uh, he was terrified.
Speaker 3: Obviously he was fine, and it seems like I'm sure it's pretty safe. The thing is, it looks like if you slip, yeah, you're falling.
Speaker 1: I mean, you have a parachute, so you know what you're doing. But you don't have a parachute. Do you have to have a parachute. You don't have a par you're on that's attached to the airplanes so you don't fall to the ye.
Speaker 3: But there's a point where there's a point where you're climbing out of the it's not the cockpit.
Speaker 1: What is it called, like.
Speaker 2: Your tethered to the plane uncarribin or caribin er to the other thing, right.
Speaker 1: Right, I don't think so? What the I don't think so because this guy you're never not attached to something.
Speaker 2: You're fine, Like it's pretty safe, yeah, because that would be crazy, right, Why are you smiling like that?
Speaker 1: Okay, I said it's pretty safe, but it's like, you know, it's all relative. I guess, I don't know. There's like like a right yeah. I mean this guy that just did on Practical Jokers was like sixty when he did. It probably.
Speaker 2: Have to be strapped to something at all times, otherwise it would Yeah.
Speaker 3: No, he's definitely strapped in. But like this guy just has a rope. This looks stupid, That's what I mean.
Speaker 1: If you fall, na fuck that bro man rope and like how does the plane land? No? No, no, no, no, you're so you're like there's like.
Speaker 3: A pole it looks like on the top of the wing, yeah, with a back to it. Yeah, and then you lean against it and then you strap yourself in and then that's when the plane goes like upside down.
Speaker 1: Right, that's when you're really locked in.
Speaker 3: But the point from you climbing out of the cockpit to getting to that place on top of the wing, it looks like there's a cord attached to you. But my question is, what do you weapons if you slip. You're dangling off the side of the plane attached to this cord and then you got to pull yourself back up.
Speaker 1: That sounds wear my new green scheese that I got new balance. I don't know, I don't know. Probably they're fine, it's beIN right. Well, I haven't gotten a good adrenaline RUSSI in a while. I haven't skydived. I haven't gotten a good adrenaline rush in a minute. Good adrenaline is wing walking dangerous. If anyone stuck out of business, they would be not in business anymore. They've expanded their operations because so many people are safely landing on the ground. Anyways, That's what I'm doing this weekend.
Speaker 2: So there's a reason I don't look these things up.
Speaker 1: Oh anyways, the nuts. Oh yeah, there we go.
Speaker 3: The not so new but utterly terrifying craze for thrill seekers.
Speaker 1: W walking I'm seeking that thrill. Baby a dangerous I mean, I mean, I'm sure it's safe, but it just looks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, if I encourage you not to do it, then you would be sad that you didn't do it. So I hope you have a buss.
Speaker 1: One of my biggest pet relationship pet Peeves is when I get excited about doing something and I tell Caylen how sick and excited I am to do this thing, and she like tries to talk me out of it, because then you should feel really bad that your fiance loves you and wants to be alive for your wedding. I understand that it's coming from a good place. But when I get excited about something which doesn't happen all that often, or when I want to do something weird or crazy, Caylen is typically supportive, but there are times where she tries to talk me out of it.
Speaker 2: I've been supportive about this, I just didn't know what it was now.
Speaker 1: Like I said, there are certain times where you are blindly supportive and that's great, But there are times where I know it's a bad idea and I don't really want to do it, but I need a positive reinforcement to get me over the hump to then do it, not you pulling me in the opposite direction.
Speaker 2: What's an example, because I know this happened.
Speaker 1: Like, for instance, if we're hiking or camping and I want to get up for sunrise or I want to go to this place and you are not the best at waking up for sunrise.
Speaker 2: I hate waiting for Sri.
Speaker 1: So I wake up. Or when we did the hot air balloon for my birthday thirty when I turned thirty and all my friends were there with not all my friends, but Justice was there waiting for us, and I was like, hey, sorry, we're not going to make it, and He's like, dude, what are you talking about. This is your birthday. We plan this for you. There are times where I want you to give me that little extra bit of encouragement to get me over the hump, because I know it sucks. It sucks for me too, but by you like talking about how I shouldn't do it, or how you don't want to go or how much it sucks for you, then that that makes me go on the other side of the hump, which I don't want to be on that side of the hump, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Well, I'm super excited for your wing walking.
Speaker 1: Thank you. I'm excited for you to be there with me. Oh, they might have an open spot so you could probably jump out there.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Anyways, so that's what I'd be like a couple's massage, except a couple's wing walk. Yeah, you could just hit a couple of birds in the air and that'll be like you're you're Sweetish Massage, Jared, what's going on with you? Man? What's what's the update in the Rhode Island saga? Sam Old? Sam Old?
Speaker 3: Actually, so this Thursday we have our guest Rydale Funk and she discusses her relationship with her family and family life, and it made me think about Ashley as well because Rydelle talks about having her mom there and how that's a huge help, and I'm like, gosh, because obviously Ashley's mom is in Virginia, and I feel like, righte all and her mom probably have a very similar relationship to Ashley and her mom Audrey, because they're very close, and how much it would help Ashley if she was physically closer to her mom.
Speaker 1: So, but the Rhde Island saga is good.
Speaker 3: I mean, Ashley is definitely liking Rhoe Island more and more as the summer months are hitting it's prime. I'm season in New England from pretty much here on out to December.
Speaker 1: It's hard to beat Rhode Island this summer. I feel like there are many beautiful places in the summer. But Rhode Island's got to be up there, you know, RhoD Island's up there. Will also because the location.
Speaker 3: You can go to Newport, you can go to Martha's Venue, going to Cape Cod, you can go to Nantucket, you can go to Providence Town. You can get to all these different Boston You can get all these different places in literally a day.
Speaker 1: How far are you from to Hampton's, Well, Hampton's probably like three hours, always maybe a little bit more.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because like I know, like Boston, a lot of Boston athletes go to Hampton's for vacation either there like Nerd and Tucket.
Speaker 1: I'm really a northeast of literate. Whenever you say Rhode Island in Virginia, my mind defaults to them like literally being an hour drive.
Speaker 3: No, No, it's about a We can get there in about seven seven hour drive if we had no traffic.
Speaker 1: Okay, gotcha. That's like that's like La to San Francisco or something. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Needless is say Klin would not want to be in the back of a motorcycle from the drive Rhode Island to Virginia, now that what I can.
Speaker 1: But things are good.
Speaker 3: Any updates on our and same old, same old, busy at Audrey's. I mean, just still trying to find that balance, bro, just that balance between family life, work, independency. So it's always a grind. But Dawson's doing well. He's a little sick right now. So dude, last night, holy crap, this kid screaming.
Speaker 1: I forget what time. It was, maybe four four or five.
Speaker 3: I guess we try to leave him in the crib, but then I mean, he was just it's so bad because when the kid screams and he's just working himself up more and then he becomes so stuffy and then he can't fall asleep because he can't breathe through his nose, and it's like, dude, just relax, you're doing this to yourself.
Speaker 1: So anyway, so Ashley got up with him and then was on the couch and he was screaming, and then I was like, we just gotta put miss Rachel on just to calm him down, and Ashley was like, we're not putting Miss Rachel on. I'm just gonna let him scream it out. And I'm like, no, don't do that. So this went on for like an hour and a half.
Speaker 3: But it's crazy how this kid is screaming, crying, hysterically crying through night, and then he'll fall asleep and then he'll wake up, and then during the day he's just a boo boo boo.
Speaker 1: Ba and it's like, bro, why what why? What is going on?
Speaker 3: What could you possibly be dreaming of? I know he's a little six, so that might be it, but I also think he might be having night terrorist. I don't know what the hell he's dreaming of. It definitely sounds like a night terror. So unless he's dreaming of big bird coming into his room and beating the crap out of him, I don't know what the hell this kid's thinking of because all he does is poop, pee and play all day.
Speaker 1: That's that's that's my life right now. Yeah, babies, I guess maybe just like have a hint of bipolarism, you know, like they're so sad and then they go to sleep, they wake up happy, they're happy all day, they go to sleep, and then they're sad all of a sudden again, and then they wake up happy, sad, happy, sad happy sad. Dude. It's crazy when I see him, because the the line between laughter and crying, because he'll literally be like it's like whoa, well, what happened? So good? We were having a great time. We're eating crackers, we're playing with balls. I don't understand. It's so funny, but it's cool. It's fun. And you know, even we went to home depot yesterday and brought him with us, and he's just he is a lot of fun when he's out and about because we'll just I'll push the carriage fast, like here we go, here we go, and he's like and then he's like trying to touch everything and colors and then everything's a ball.
Speaker 3: He'll point to a fan, ah ball, It's like, no, that's a fan. And then he'll he'll point to like a grill ah ball, like no, that's a grill, but it's very durable. And then he was hitting us last night and we're trying to like teach him not to do this, but it's so hard because he's getting such a kick. He'll just like whack you in the chest and of course, like I'll pretend like oh and then he'll be like ah ah and he'll be laughing and then you know, yeah, just punch him score in the nose, be like, bro, this is what happens if you hit people, Okay, lesson learned.
Speaker 1: Yeah, bigger people. You think on someone that's bigger than you, you should learn. Yeah. Only be in a fight that you can win.
Speaker 3: Understand me. But it's cool, So things are good. I would guess that if Rhode Island was a one in her mind two months ago, I'll give.
Speaker 1: It a four.
Speaker 3: I think it's jumped up quite a bit. So she hasn't she's not, she's doing her eyebrows. But I'm gonna I'm gonna say four nice, only getting higher.
Speaker 1: That's good and hopefully that four turns into it eight by the end of June, and then at ten by the end of August. Dude, January, and then back down to a one. Yeah, what do you give Vegas?
Speaker 2: Eight?
Speaker 1: Wow? Eight?
Speaker 2: Ves?
Speaker 1: What would you guys give Denver? Yeah? Well, I think Cayleem loves Vegas, and you know, I like Vegas as well, but I think what you really what you really love is having your own house.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but also I like not I'm nervous about the Denver winters. But what do you Vegas?
Speaker 1: I'd give it a solid seven and that's probably a conservative as well. Denver's like a six.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Denver's a little me too, So why are we moving there?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Wait a minute. Caitlin brought this up the other day. She was like, it's always been your dream to live in Colorado, that's why we're buying a house out there. And I was like, that's so sweet of you, thank you so much. But I don't necessarily want to live in Denver. I want to have a house in Basalt. But the house is in Basalt. Are all like two million dollars?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think we need to make more money and then move.
Speaker 1: Yeah I don't. I don't really miss paying two mortgages.
Speaker 2: Okay, so let's just stay here.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And like I don't know if I've said this on the podcast before, but I've said it to you and my friends before. Is when we had our apartment in La. You know, our tiny apartment in La costs three thousand dollars a month. Our mortgage in Vegas for a three bedroom house is twenty five hundred dollars. And so here we are a transparency here, well money transparency I think is important. I say that all the time. And so here we are paying six grand a month for our two places. And I was like, I have to either be in Vegas or be in La because if I'm not into those places, I feel like I'm just throwing money out the window because I'm not even living at these places. And so now that we finally moved out of our La apartment, I feel so much less pressure to be out at one of those places. You know, So I can like be in the mountains for a week. I can you can travel to Europe for a week. And I know you probably don't share this to the same extent I do, but I'm sure you feel at least a little the same way. Yeah, And so it like opens us up to be more free, I guess with our traveling. Yeah, what do you think.
Speaker 2: I had a thought and I lost it.
Speaker 1: Oh man, it just escaped.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I also think, like back to the Denver thing, we're just so much closer to La. We still go to La quite a bit. Let's just rethink this.
Speaker 1: I'll go to La twice a month. Yeah, it's a lot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but if we lived in Denver, then it would be a two hour flight versus thirty minute flight.
Speaker 1: Right. If we lived in Colorado, I would spend like a month at a time in Colorado, probably you know what I mean. But the thing is, it was weird. I made a month at a time like I would harder to get in and out of Colorado, you know than it is like Vegas or La. Yeah, it just sounds like you guys shouldn't gove to Colorado anytime. Well, it was just so interesting to hear Caylen say sorry all this long story long. It was weird to hear Kaylen and be like, well, we're buying a place in Colorado because it's all it's been your dream to buy a place in Colorado. And then I felt a lot of pressure to be like, oh, we're only you only want to buy a house in Colorado because you think I really want to buy a house in Colorado, which is not wrong, but I don't relationship favors, bro, that's a big one. That's the biggest favor of all, big fag.
Speaker 2: But so we bought this place in Vegas, never expecting it to be like long term. I don't know how long we expected. We just knew we couldn't buy an a leg because it's insane. So I don't know, I think, like in my head, I felt like, Okay, what's the next place, Like felt a little bit rushed, but I just love it here. Not permanently, but for now it's great.
Speaker 1: And I'm you know, I'm doing some house renovations, you guts. You see the pergola I just built, it's pretty nice.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's just a fun place to be.
Speaker 1: It's home. And I'm sure you can attest to this too. You know, you guys lived in that apartment in West Hollywood, which is beautiful, a beautiful apartment. But then like you're moving to your house, it's just as a completely different feel, you know, Oh absolutely, it just feels like it's our own place. Like I walk out the door and it's our yard and yeah there's a little Now granted we have a townhouse, so there is someone next to us, but it still feels like our house, our place. Where in La or any apartment really you walk out and it's just your an apartment complex or literally the person's apartment you are right next to, so.
Speaker 3: You walk out like, oh, good morning, hello. Yeah they're two feet away. So it's much different than much nicer. So I totally agree. Well, I think that's going to do it for this week's episode. We're already over time. Look at us are we. Yeah, I guess that's pretty good. I could go on and on about everything.
Speaker 2: Every natural phenomenon.
Speaker 1: I could go on and on about every natural phenomenon. Oh the grass, the ground. Ooh that was me. I was messing around right copyright on that seriously.
Speaker 3: Well, everyone, make sure you tune in Thursday for rhy Del Funk, a great guest, and then hopefully you enjoyed this episode.
Speaker 1: Anything else that you guys want to chime in on.
Speaker 2: I'm excited to hear about your wing walking.
Speaker 1: I begin my journey to climb on all the Colorado mountains next week. Yes, yes, so that's exciting.
Speaker 2: Do you want to talk about how you were supposed.
Speaker 1: To begin like this past week? Yeah? Well, Jared wants to Jared's pushing us out of here so quickly. What happened? Why didn't you start this week? Well, so I think I told on this podcast. I'm climbing every fourteen or in Colorado before our wedding, and there's fifty eight of them, which means I've got and I've got like one hundred and ten days, so I have to climb one mountain every other day, and I flew out to Colorado. You're never going to do this. Excuse me. I drove to Colorado last week after climbing in Idaho, and I was like, I can climb six mountains in four days. And I get out there and they're all covered in snow. I don't have my skis with me, like a lot of the access is closed because it's still so early in the season. And so I climbed zero. So I'm already six mountains behind schedule. But I'm flying back out there on Monday. I think I can climb three or four in three days, and then I'm flying back to Vegas and then I fly back out and I think I can climb like ten more. And then we go to Bali for a week and I fly back out. I can climb ten more. So what happens if you don't finish the mountains? Does do you just not do it? Or wedding gets postpone? Get married? My brother asked me this question actually because I was with him in Idaho. He was like, what happens if the wedding is ten days away and you've only climb thirty mountains? Like, are you just going to give up? I was like, shoot, I honestly didn't even consider that, Like, I didn't entertain that as a reality because I'm so I'm pretty confident I can do it. But I did try to bike to the top of this mountain yesterday because the road is closed, and it was I thought it was two miles and I get on the trailhead it says fourteen miles to the top of Evan's Peak, and I was like, fourteen but I'm on a bike. I can do this. Fourteen miles. I can do that in like three hours. Maybe. I got two miles in and I was like, so exhausted. When you're going up, Yeah, you're going up, but the down is easy. Well, uh, the down is just like you don't even puddle, just like I'm glide in here. So I got two miles up this mountain. I got literally one seventh of the way done with it, and I was like, you know what, I'm just gonna turn around. The road open, But that counts, right, No, I have to be on the top of it brow So I'm going back just if you that counts. No, I have to be on the top.
Speaker 3: That still literally doesn't count at all. You have to go to the top of every mouth. There's no way this is happening. Yeah, but I got my skis now, so I can I can ski up and then ski down. That takes me long.
Speaker 2: I think it'll happen as long as things like this weekend don't happen where you come to LA and you're supposed to be in Colorado.
Speaker 3: Caitlin One, what I was also thinking, like, you honestly believe that weekends like this will not occur again if he's focused.
Speaker 1: Well, it's just also like it was hard to go through my list of things that I needed because there was so much and I were for so many different trips, and so I forgot certain things and I didn't even think I needed to bring my skis with me. But now like I have to have my like for the whole month of June, I have to have my skis. Holy cow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we should not move to Colorado.
Speaker 1: Well, no, it's fourteen thousand feet has a lot more snow than five thousand feet.
Speaker 3: Even though I feel like I always see Ben post snow. Yeah, if he like may, He's like, oh, we got three feet of snow, and I'm like he does. He lives like kind of in the mountains, and so they definitely get a little bit more.
Speaker 1: But but anyways, Yeah, so, and I'm playing golf with Ben on Tuesday, which is also a really bad idea because I should be climbing mountains.
Speaker 3: But you can't pass up out of golf with Ben, come on, obviously not. But then he's gonna ask you to play the week after. And you're like, oh no, It's like I could drive three out. I could wake up at four am, climb them ounta and then drive three hours to beat you.
Speaker 1: Yeah. No, that definitely is gonna happen. So anyways, it's gonna happen. I've like I've I've put it out there so many times to so many people that like, I'm kind of counting on them to hold me accountable, Whereas like if I didn't tell anyone, I could just be like, oh, this was never an idea in the first place. But now the fact that so many people, you know, not so many, like there's like ten people know that this is my mission, I feel like I can't let them down by not doing it.
Speaker 2: I like that you call it a mission.
Speaker 1: It's a mission fifty eight. I looked it up on the internet, and I know this is so wrong. This number they say only one thousand, five hundred people have climbed all the fourteen ers in Colorado, so I'll be one thousand, five hundred and one. But that number is so underreported. I'm sure it's got to be Like I'm sure I was thinking you'd be like in the tens of thousands, but that's what the Internet says, and so I'm sticking with it. It makes me feel cooler and like one of my best friends in the entire world, when we were twenty two, he did all of them one summer with his friends. He linked them all by bicycle. And so every time I'm like, hey, Austin, I'm gonna go climb this mountain. What's your opinion of it, He's like, Oh, that one sucks. Save that one for later, or do this one now because it's easier to ski. And so I've got a very invaluable resource at my disposal. He's willing to help me. It's gonna happen. It's gonna happen. This is the only way I'm gonna be fit for the wedding. I'm gonna be so fit. I'm gonna smell so bad until I shower, and then I'm gonna be so sexy and so fit. You're gonna look at me and you're gonna be like, I'm so glad he climbed all fifty of those mountains.
Speaker 3: It's gonna be You're gonna be like Dug from The Hangover showing him to your wedding because you're gonna be so sun burnt, Yeah, from climbing these mountains and you're barely gonna finish this task, so you're just gonna run up the wedding sweating, sun burnt, probably delusional because you're just exhausted and tired.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well, the way that I've the way that I scheduled it, the last mountain I'm supposed to climb is like thirty minutes away from the wedding venue.
Speaker 2: We're supposed to think.
Speaker 1: We were like, uh what what that act? We're out quite well for you. I'm not showing up the day of the wedding. It's like a week before the wedding. That would be crazy. I'm not going to schedule my last mountain to be climbed on the day of our wedding. And if I know, and if den On Anglert knows anything, it's schedules. I'm good at scheduling stuff. Yeah, but yeah, so there's like a lot of give and take with it. Like you can climb multiple mountains in a day, Like there's like a couple of things you can do like three in a day, and that puts me ahead of schedule. But then there might be bad weather that puts me behind schedule. I might come to Vegas for a weekend that puts me behind schedule. I could be an absolute beast and just not sleep for forty eight hours and climb eight mountains. That puts me ahead of schedule. Yeah, there are certain things you know that it's going to be an EBB and a flow process.
Speaker 2: But I think you can do it. You did half Dome straight from off the flight of Hawaii, drove five hours.
Speaker 1: And I was even worse shape than I think too. I was like, wait, I was like ten pounds heavier, I was hung over from the wedding. I hadn't slept in thirty six hours, and I was I was so proud of myself for that. And so that's honestly what I keep leaning on is like, well, if I could do half Dome with no sleep and being out of shape, I should be able to do these Yeah, you got it. I just have to do half them fifty eight times. Yeah. Easy. Yeah. Anyways, that can do it now for this week's episode, because Jared sick of hearing about this. No, so I've got things to do. You're a busy guy. Thank you so much for listening to this episode. You guys, it really means a lot to us.
Speaker 5: Keep listening and keep sharing it with your friends. And just you know, there's a little there's a little square with a cute little arrow sticking at the top of it. It's the share button. Click that button and send it to three close friends. Otherwise you're gonna have ten years of bad luck.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And then they can send it to three of their friends, and then they'll send it to three of their friends and it'll kind of create like the shape of a pyramid, and then we'll we'll try to make some money off of it.
Speaker 1: Don't have me bad luck. Send it to your friends otherwise ten years bad luck. So anyways, that's going to do it for this week's episode of Help I Help, We suck at being newlyweds. Jared, I love you so much, man, it's great to see you, great to see every week. I love you guys, Kaylen, you're great too.
Speaker 2: Thank you. You do this every week.
Speaker 1: I love you so much too.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Be welcome.
Speaker 3: I'm really bad at goodbye. Well, make sure you guys tune in next week. We're hopefully we all suck just a little less.
Speaker 1: Thanks for listening. Follow us on Instagram at help we Suck at.
Speaker 2: Being Newlyweds, and email us at Newlyweds at iHeartRadio dot com.
Speaker 1: Make sure to write us a review and leave us five stars. We'll see you next time.