Speaker 1: I'm a homegrow that knows a little bit about everything and everybody.
Speaker 2: You know, if you don't lie about that, right, Lauren came in.
Speaker 1: Hey, y'all, it's Laura le Rosa and this is another episode of the Latest with Lauren le Rosa, where we are your daily dig into all things pop culture, entertainment, news and the conversations that shake the room and from checking in behind the scenes of the Grind, because y'all know we do our check ins here. I am feeling a bit confused today, and my confusion doesn't come from anything in my life whatsoever. The confusion comes because I was in court yesterday. Y'all know, I've been in court with Diddy, well not with him, like I'm not on trial. I have nothing to do with any of the freak afts or any of those things, but just monitoring the case to be able to report it to you guys. And for days now, I've been trying to figure out why the government decided that Jane Doe, the woman who was currently testifying on the stand, and the woman who you know is the most recent girlfriend of Shawn Colmbs who take the stand, why she needed to be on the stand as a government witness. Now the audio that you guys are about to hear in this conversation of the breakdown of what I witness yesterday, the disaster on the stand that our witness yesterday, it's going to sound a bit different because I do these breakdowns from outside of court and oftentimes once I get back home and I've let my thoughts process from court, and this is what this is. But I wanted to bring this conversation exclusively to the podcast before I took it anywhere else.
Speaker 2: So let's take a listening.
Speaker 1: You guys, tell me what you think, because I'm confused, why is she on the stand? We need to have a very real conversation about Jane Do, who has been testifying on the stand for days now at this point and the Shawn Combs trial, because at this point I am confused what the government.
Speaker 2: By putting her on the stand.
Speaker 1: The government was doing such a good job at laying out their case. They have done a good job at laying at their case, laying out their case, and then they thought Jane Do on the stand, and I get it, like all the lawyers that be lawyering are going to be upset at me because I am not a lawyer. I am a person in the court room getting an honest opinion about what I'm singing, what I'm hearing, what I'm witnessing, and how I'm feeling. And I'm feeling like the government could have did without Jane Doe. She's actually ruining the perception of this whole case. Today June twelfth, Jane Doe was back on the stand.
Speaker 2: First get in court today.
Speaker 1: There is a huge meeting that is happening. There is confusion about what is going on. Like, I mean, court was shut down, like they went into a side room, a lead counsel, the judge, the judge, everybody was allowed to basically like take a break. And at first when I arrived there, it was said to me like, oh, they're trying to figure out if Jane Doe doesn't want to testify, and if she doesn't want to testify, it'll go into a mistrial. And I'm like, why wouldn't she want to testify? Why would that equal mistrial? Like I'm trying to work through all this stuff in my mind. Later on, other things came out that I guess we're at play at this time, and you know, people come into court not coming to court.
Speaker 2: We don't got to get into all that. They start the testimony.
Speaker 1: We get in court and Mark Agnifilio is asking for uh, you know, Diddy to be brought up on what they just had conversations about in the sidebar room. The judge is like, well, I don't feel like that's anything that needs to be talked about in open court. Mark Agnofilio is like, you know, I understand the judges in the court's concerns, but my concern is is that this is supposed to be a public court.
Speaker 2: Things are supposed to be public for a reason.
Speaker 1: If we're redacting certain names and you know, all these different things, right, it doesn't make it where it's public.
Speaker 2: So they're arguing about Jane Doe's testimony to come.
Speaker 1: The reason why I'm telling you guys all this like the argument's post court resuming after this meeting is because it's important in how she testified for the rest of the day, Jane Doe. So as they're arguing, what basically happens is the judge decides, okay, we can talk about certain things, but again I'm standing on how I felt that there are certain names, no matter what the events are, that you talk about that should not be mentioned. The government brought up the point of, okay, if these names are mentioned, this is just another way for the victim to feel like she's being harassed. Diddy's team was arguing, like, no, that's not what this is. The Only reason why we're calling this out is because the court has a duty, you know, when there is a public trial, for the public to be kept abreast to everything and all parties involved in things of that nature, especially because some of these people will potentially come back up in other testimony. Judge was not with it. Jane Doe enters back in takes the sin. Now the conversation begins. Simply when we come back into conversation, the defense is already shaping a narrative that y'all.
Speaker 2: Were in this.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't even call it a relationship, because she even admitted on the stand that it really wasn't a relationship. She wanted it to be a relationship, but it wasn't. But they had this thing that they were dealing with each other. He was taking care of her financially to a certain extent, and they were engaging any sexual acts. All of her cross and like all of her testimony prior to this, you know, when she's on direct with the government, she's making it a point to have the conversation that, like she didn't want to be involved in the free calls, she's alleging that she was only doing them because this was how she had to do.
Speaker 2: This is what she had to do to keep her partner.
Speaker 1: This is also what she had to do to hold a lifestyle because at this point, you know, Diddy is paying for the home that she lives in. Uh, he's you know, giving her money to live off of and basically funding her lifestyle. And she had a kid. You know, she's only receiving five thousand dollars a month in child support from her child's father, like the way she's really sustained in her life, and even the money she's making on only fans, like she had talked about, you know, in her testimony, she makes fifty thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: She was making fifty thousand dollars you know, at one point from OnlyFans.
Speaker 1: But Diddy was doing a lot for her, and she alleges that, you know that with the fact that she.
Speaker 2: Just loved him and wanted to be with him and wanted more from him.
Speaker 1: Relationship wise, and she felt like the you know, these nights that they were having with these escorts and all these things is what would get her to that point. And then a defense brings back in the conversation about Jane Doe buying Diddy a TV, like a small portable like TV, says that she brought the TV for his birthday because she wanted him to be able to watch their tapes from their you know, the nights that they had. Now, later in her testimony did in the redirect, which is where the government comes back on, they make sure that they bring back in the fact that when you talked about this TV, when we talk about the TV, let's let's let's you know, let's have the conversation that the reason why you brought this TV is because when you guys would have these movie nights where you would sit and watch the videos, you wouldn't have to actually have sex with these other men. Jane Doe is alleging that she brought this television almost it's kind of like a decoy where it was lessen the amount of times that she had allegedly have sex with these other men. Of course, Diddy's team comes in and they're you know, leaning in on a narrative of no, you brought the television allegedly because you were, you were with it, you were encouraging it, you were, you know what I mean, gratifying it. And that is what, like the Diddy's whole team's point today was he didn't even know that you didn't like these things, and when he knew, he changed how he went about them, or at least attempted to change how he went about them. Told you, you guys need to communicate more so he knows what's going on and he knows how you're feeling.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: So then we get into the time after Cassie's lawsuit drops that she needed some time to work through her feelings after all this happened, because she says that it was a lot for her to stomach and to deal with. But she also says that it was just a lot for her because when she saw Cassie's lawsuit and read the details of the lawsuit, she felt crazy because this meant.
Speaker 2: That there was a whole other woman that.
Speaker 1: Was experiencing the same things that she had been experiencing, and it kind of messed her up a bit because she's like, Okay, if you're doing all these things with another woman.
Speaker 2: I'm already super sensitive about it. You have Jane Doe.
Speaker 1: She you know, she's talking about how she felt lesser then because he was doing all these things with her and basically just using her allegedly, right, she alleges that she was just being exploited sexually but not getting what she wanted in return.
Speaker 2: And now she sees that.
Speaker 1: This it wasn't something special that he was only doing with her that while they were taking his break, you know, you know, she alleges that did he was assistant and he was reaching out to her.
Speaker 2: So eventually they ended up linking back up one month after Cassie's lawsuit.
Speaker 1: One of the things defense did on Cross with Jane Doe was relationship from the beginning of her testimony, even when she was talking to the government, and you could tell was like she was very emotionally tied to the relationship. She talks about still loving Diddy, she talks about, you know, resenting him because of how much she loved him. And this is all prior to today. So the defense did a really good job today of using that show that at one point their relationship got emotional to the point where they begin having these deep conversations and moments, and it still wasn't communicated the Best two Diddy allegedly, even though he was asking her to communicate that she didn't want to be doing these free gofs. It was more so the way that they positioned it was like, you know, y'all would have these deep conversations. You know, y'all would get into these emotional conversations, these text message convers and they were playing voice notes in the court. But this whole time, Diddy is asking you and literally they were showing us, you know, and like talking about certain instances where he was literally saying to her, and they were asking Jane Doe, did he not say this to you?
Speaker 2: And she was like yes.
Speaker 1: They're like Diddy was asking you to communicate more, and she was like, yes, were you guys having very emotional conversations where y'all were like really going in depth about how you felt, things that happened, you know, your resentment, all these things.
Speaker 2: She says, yes.
Speaker 1: They talk about the fact that again Diddy didn't know how she felt. There was one you know, because prior to this, there was a conversation of when everything first dropped, when you know, he was having a conversation with her about, oh, this was consensual. You know, I didn't know you felt that way. So his team then comes in and really digs into that. They started talking about how after the Cassie dropped things changed in his relationship with Jane Doe, because if we remember how Jane though was positioned by the government, right, the government positioned Jane Doe and Diddy's life as a woman who very in love, very loyal to him, didn't have any say so over what she was doing because of the power that he had over her, the financial rain, the threats to stop paying her rent, just the you know, how much she loved him and wanted to please him. Now on the defense, for the defense today, while she's on the trial, while she's on the stand, they counter that whole like that whole shaping that we've had, which is why I'm like, I don't know why the government leaned in on her as like their last real like like witness witness that we hear from before they start, you know, ending their remarks because the government is going to be done by the end of next week. They said either Wednesday or Friday. I really don't understand their way of thinking. Know that she feels in some color for some of the some of the things, some of the charges, But.
Speaker 2: To me, it just moneies the argument too much. When these legal team.
Speaker 1: Comes in and they're having a conversation with her about things changing after the casside that they put his voice note and Diddy is asking her what can he do better. He's like, Yo, I'm a I'm a solutions guy.
Speaker 2: Like I hear you.
Speaker 1: I understand what you're saying now. I wasn't aware that this is how you felt. I got all this stuff going on. I'm a solutions guy. I really need your friendship right now. And I don't you know what I mean, like if we just got to be friends, we got to be friends, but really like I don't want it to end like this, but what can we do to make this relationship better? Because I don't want you feeling this way? And then they bring in another conversation where Jane Doe was asking for bread like he cause because it gets to a point where because he said he asking her like, you know, I don't want to fight.
Speaker 2: I want us to move on.
Speaker 1: You know, charge it, charge me, charge me for like, let me know what I got to do for us to get to a good place to move on.
Speaker 2: And I'm being honest with you, I cause in my mind, I'm.
Speaker 1: Like, Okay, maybe they're a whole point here for the government is this is the manipulation that is used, right, This is the this is the uh.
Speaker 2: This is the way that a man who knows he's in control, knows this woman is in love with him, comes in and tries to keep everything clean because now things are about to hit the fan because this Cassie lawsuit and then this video just dropped. I mean, this Cassie lawsuit drops right, but at face value.
Speaker 1: On the stand, the testimony wasn't strong enough and to that point for me to even honestly feel like that is how.
Speaker 2: A jury would be thinking.
Speaker 1: I thought like that because again, the whole time I'm listening to the cross examination today, I'm like, what was the government thinking?
Speaker 2: And I'm like it had to be that point, maybe like.
Speaker 1: Yes, she's feeling in color for certain you know, certain counts, but it's not strong enough and it's too iffy, it's too open ended, be on the shot of a doubt vibe.
Speaker 2: This is not it.
Speaker 1: Then Diddy's he comes in and they start talking about money that she texts him. She texts him and asks for It was a whole breakdown. It was like one hundred k for this, and there was a whole breakdown of money that she asks for for basically Diddy wasting her time and she ran down a numbers baby ran them down, and Diddy's teammate the point to ask, Okay, this was a conversation between you and Diddy. Correct, this was not a conversation between you. You Diddy in an attorney. Correct, like you had never retained an attorney. And she's like correct. Because at this point, now they're trying to they're really trying to show how basically.
Speaker 2: This woman is allegedly vindictive.
Speaker 1: Like everything we're seeing, everything we're hearing, is because she didn't get what she wanted. Now, while all this is happening, it gets to a point where, you know they're having these conversations, She's like, look, I just need some time to myself. I don't want you to contact me. I don't want anything. Like she had reached out to KK, who who you know, worked with Diddy and who has been mentioning this case, almost did almost every single day and she's like, I don't even want him to contact me, Like I'm good. So she says for two months December twenty twenty three, in January twenty twenty four, did he left her alone? But he still paid her rent? Fact that the rent is still being paid. There's two ways you can look at that. It's like, Okay, this is a way that he is feeling like, as long as I'm still paying these things and doing these things I know she needs gonna do, I can still control her.
Speaker 2: Or if you're the defense, you're.
Speaker 1: Looking at it like, well, obviously this man wasn't trying to control you and make you do certain things because here you are actively involved in this investigation and he hasn't cut financial ties with you to a certain extent. So everything that you're alleging about things not being paid for, if you were to stop doing certain things and feeling forced because you know, the lifestyle you were upholding because of him and him threatening to stop paying your rent.
Speaker 2: It can't be.
Speaker 1: The threats had to be empty at some point because you're sitting here on the stand testifying against this man and one of us with your rent paid. And again, I'm like, those two things the government. It's a great argument to have to counter on both sides, right for the government and the defense. I just don't feel like the government is doing the best job with this witness at the point, like like why put her on the scene, what's the point of talking about this, what's the point of us knowing this?
Speaker 2: And how does it help you? Then they started talking about Jane Doug going.
Speaker 1: To Vegas with you know, this big rapper and the rapper's wife and or girlfriend. They couldn't specify whether it was a girlfriend or a wife, but they're like, okay, so then you get on this jet, you go to Vegas with this rapper and his girlfriend or wife, and she's like yes, and they're like, talk to us about that trip. So she's like, you know, one of her homegirls was friends with the wife girlfriend and she got the invite, so she went in this part. I'm like, this is so not a good look for the government. Okay, it's about to get real crazy for the government. Because once they brought up another rapper, another big rapper, and she's on this jet, I'm like, oh my god, they bought the drill the fact that sis is just chasing a lifestyle and this is all that this is about.
Speaker 2: Like she's going for a lifestyle.
Speaker 1: When she don't get it, things crumble, right this rapper who's close to Diddy music icon.
Speaker 2: So she's like, I got on the jet, we got on his jet. We went to Vegas. She says.
Speaker 1: When they went to Vegas, they landed, they instantly went to a play, and then they went to dinner, and then at the end of the night they.
Speaker 2: Ended up getting invited back to a hotel.
Speaker 1: Right now, in the midst of this, in the midst of you know, the play and dinner, she says, she runs into one of the escorts that she is very familiar with, a man named Anton, who her and Diddy have you know, done escapades with several times. At this point, she says, she goes up and speak to Anton, and nobody quitted. The Diddy's team acts like did anybody wonder, like how you knew him or anything like that, and She's like, no, everything was cool. She spoke to him, moved on. So then she says, they ended up back in the hotel room eventually, and when she walked into the hotel room, Anton was having sex with the woman and everybody there was just watching and so they're like, okay, so this is happening, and what did you do.
Speaker 2: She's like, she was in the room. Everybody was just there watching.
Speaker 1: She says she ended up having some conversations with the rapper, and the rapper told her in front of everybody, like he was flirting with her in front of everybody, and he told her like, you know, I always wanted to have sex with you, And she says, though she alleges that nothing happened between her and the rapper, now the defense reminded her because they're like, so nothing else happened in the room, nothing else happening with the rapper, And she's like no. So then Diddy's team is like, okay, well, do you remember when you met with the government and you told the government that you flashed your boobs while in the room with this rapper, like while in this hotel room party extravagance or whatever it is was. And she's like, oh yeah, I forgot that. And then they're like okay, and she's like, you know, she's like explaining doing that, and you know, they're trying to basically get to the point wherehere it's like, okay, were you being told you had to do that or and she's like, no, you just were like hanging out and it was like and like she makes the team like it was just like a fun thing, like we're in the room, we're hanging out, we're having a good time, and I flashed my boots. And then the government and the government and then Diddy's team says, do you remember that you also in a meeting where you talked about this prior to getting on the stand, said that you have referred another escort that you and Diddy were familiar with to the party, to the rapper and his friends and the party.
Speaker 2: And she's like, yes, she said that she referred. They asked her that she did specifically, they said she said, They asked her, did you know anyone else?
Speaker 1: Do you know anybody else in a lifestyle, because they were looking for another escort, and she said, yes, I know a person. She says she then called, and you know, she connected that escort with the rapper and all the people in the room. And when she said that, I'm like, boy, oh boy, did she just blow up the whole reason the government just brought her here. Government is alleging that this was not just a lifestyle for Diddy that this was it may be a lifestyle, but he took this lifestyle and used it to coerce and force and blackmail people and do all these things because he couldn't get what he wanted or he wanted to continue getting what he wanted out of these women who he was making be a part of these things. This witness now, and this isn't like the first thirty to forty five minutes not even forty five minutes of her sitting down on this cross examination has already fluidly like this is.
Speaker 2: They're not even some of it.
Speaker 1: They're not even asking her questions that bring out all these details. They're just literally letting her go, oh, they're just asking her to explain what happened or tell us what happened. And she's bringing these details, right, She's very honest about these things.
Speaker 2: And she's saying, I was asked.
Speaker 1: You know who else I knew in the lifestyle of I ended up in this room, and you know, Antine was there and he was just having sex with this person, and there's another rapper in the room, So basically this is another rapper's free call.
Speaker 2: She did say she didn't have sex there, but she was there, she stayed, She wasn't forced to be there.
Speaker 1: She like all these things, and I'm like, so everything that the government just built up right between her and Diddy, like her not wanting.
Speaker 2: To be involved in free calls whatsoever, right, her.
Speaker 1: Not even wanted to be around them, her being disgusted by it, her you know, feeling so dirty and so unclean, and all these things because of these free golls. She went to Vegas and ended up in a room where one was taking place, and she voluntarily stayed in the room and also ended up flashing her boobs and just having a good time room. I'm like, man, the government is like I was so confused, y'all, Like the whole testimony, I'm so confused. And they started talking about one year for her birthday, Like this is after you know, the Cassie Laws who dropped, and Diddy is in the midst of like a media like storm, and she flies to Miami to see Diddy it's her birthday.
Speaker 2: And she says that it was because at.
Speaker 1: This point now from when her testimony was after Diddy, after the Cassie Laws who dropped, things between her and did he just they started to change, Like he started to listen to her more, it seems like he was a lot more romantic to her, he you know, the hotel nights or freakrofs were still happening, but his approach about things were a lot different, and she felt a little bit more empowered and cared for. So she says, she flies to Miami. Did he sets up a whole romantic dinner at his home. It's like, you know, you walk down the walkway of the home and there's like, you know, a romantic dinner set up.
Speaker 2: And she says it was sweet.
Speaker 1: And she says that their hearts were pounding out of their chest, and she said it felt like prom like they were both nervous, and you know, like she is very much still in love with Ditty. As you're listening to her talk and she's describing how mazing this night was, and she's like, you know, they're eating, they're drinking, they're having a good time. She's like, because they had such a good night for her birthday in Miami, they bring up the fact that they had a freak off that night. She says on the stand, she admits understand that she was down to do the freak off because she had gotten what she wanted. She had finally gotten the attention and the romantic, you know, side of Diddy that she wanted. And when she said that again to the government, I'm like, what is happening here?
Speaker 2: I am very confused.
Speaker 1: The minute that she allowed for the defense team to say, well, you got what you wanted, so you did the freak off and she said yes, I finally got what I wanted from him. I'm like, that's the vindictive. You're only here because you didn't fully get what you wanted. Slam dunk right there. They didn't reiterate. They go into let's talk about, you know, because now it's like romantic and y'all learn doing your birthday and you're down for the freak offs and you're doing them and all these things. Right, So they're like, let's talk about how things change between you guys, right, and they list off things. They said, you said you told us in a prior meeting that after the Cassie lawsuit. Did he listened more to you? She says yes, he was more apologetic. She says, yes, he was more sweet. She says yes, he was home more. She says yes, so they got to spend more quality time together. She says yes, he called and talked on the phone and FaceTime with her more. She says yes, So then you know, and they paint the picture of like what that timeline was from like February to September of twenty twenty four. She says that, you know, there was less people around, it was less chaotic, and the defense made the point that, like, you know, they asked her, like, were you guys still engaging in doing drugs together at this point and she says yes, And she says, well, were there are a lot of escorts still around and she says no. Again, the defense is debunking at this point that the drugs come in because you're forced to do them, because you're then forced to then be out of your mind to have sex with these escorts allegedly, or you're only doing these drugs allegedly to numb your mind because you're being forced allegedly to have sex with these escorts. Because now you're telling us you're in this softer space, y'all, are there are no escorts? Really, everything's good. Y'all are spending time, You're getting what you're wanted, getting what you wanted, and you guys are still doing drugs and she's like, yes, right, So they even bring out to the point where they're like even his term and about their relationship changed. So prior to the Castie lawsuit, Diddy was telling this woman, Okay, I'm not the person like monogamy isn't my thing right now, I'm polyamorous. That that means I'm dating a bunch of people, like I'm being honest about that. And she thought she candled it, you know, she said she thought she candled it, but she eventually couldn't.
Speaker 2: But at this point, now she's in love with him.
Speaker 1: But she said, understand that after the Casti lawsuit changed, he would call her things like his girlfriend, and she also felt in his actions too. Now here's another point where I was like, okay, that could be an alley for the government because again the government could bring in like the manipulation and you know, all these things that he then was able to get her to do, you know, and get her to say okay too, whether it's being trafficked allegedly or whatever, because of the manipulation. It's just something she always wanted from him, and now he's giving it to her. Right.
Speaker 2: So then after this, but so I'm like I'm I'm like, okay, I'm in again.
Speaker 1: I'm going back and forth from playing ping pong the full time because I'm trying to figure out why the government got this girl on the sand. So then they go into just kind of what that time period was like for Diddy and Jane Doe. So Jane Doe says, you know, during this time period after that Cassie lawsuit, when things got a bit better for them, she was really trying to be there for him, you know, she they realized that there was a federal investigation into him. He was so stressed, so she was really on him about, you know, making sure he was eating.
Speaker 2: Good and working out and you.
Speaker 1: Know, doing everything that he could to keep himself together because he was a wreck.
Speaker 2: Like he was such a wreck at that time.
Speaker 1: And she even said that, you know, she felt more assertive in their relationship at this point and that she had more control in their relationship.
Speaker 2: And then the Cassie video.
Speaker 1: Got I told you guys, this is the podcast where we get into those conversations to shake the room. And if I'm being very honest, the government didn't need Jane Doe. And I'm gonna say that one final time before we get on out of here. But I want to hear from you, guys. I want to know what you think, am my tripping. Is the testimony still credible and believable or is this just a waste of our time? And you know, a parade of sexual acts that should we even be focused on them at this point? Because that's what Jane Doe was making me feel like, It's like, Hey, are we just in this man's bedroom or are we actually witnessing an enterprise in a shakedown of sorts like the government is claiming.
Speaker 2: Let me know what y'all think. At the end of the day, I am Laurena Rosa.
Speaker 1: This is the Light Us with Laurna Rosa, and you guys could be anywhere with anybody talking about these topics because there's always a lot going on. What you choose to be right here with me, So I appreciate you, guys, Low Riders. I'll catch you in my next episode.