Speaker 1: Here we are together on a Saturday. That doesn't it feel good Saturday mornings? Yeah, that's right. Thank you for being here the Brook and Jeffrey Official Second Date Update Podcast, and thanks for subscribing. It means a lot to us. We do have a two back to back classics. Those might be ones that you've previously heard. Yeah, okay, that's what the classic means. But let's read some comments before we get to it.
Speaker 2: Yes, I mean I love seeing what people do while they're listening to Okay, we got Hunters saying y'all are the only reason why I do my weekly cleaning in the morning, and Aleah saying, you guys are the only reason why I don't stop.
Speaker 1: Running on my morning run. Oh my gosh, never stop. Good for you. And then we got the people sleeping ogain. Yeah yeah, yeah, we put everybody sleep. I hope she doesn't fall asleep on her run. Oh be careful. Okay, that's gonna hurt. All right, Your back to back classics starts right now.
Speaker 3: You know when you have one of those breakthrough moments where you hear something and realize, oh my god, I've been doing this wrong my entire life. Oh okay, when you find out the little drawer below your oven isn't for storing pants, that's for keeping food warm.
Speaker 4: It's a food warmer.
Speaker 3: Did you know that?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I do, and I stick my pants in there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's just too convenient. Or when Alexis realized the turn signals on her car aren't just lights to pressed when a fun song comes on the radio, okay, but they click to the be Well, one of our listeners realize she's been approaching dating apps the wrong way for years, but one piece of advice completely shifted her thinking and helped her find the perfect guy. No, he's not calling her back, but that's not there. The advice might actually help you, though, if you hear it in your second date update.
Speaker 6: Right after this, Brook and Jeffrey in the morning second.
Speaker 3: Date Update, Alexis, if you could describe not the perfect guy for you, but the feeling that you get when you're around that guy A close your eyes and tell us the three words that he makes you feel.
Speaker 2: A little bit roasted, like I want him to be mean to me a little bit, you know, like I feel.
Speaker 1: A little That's like a hard thing that comes to your mind.
Speaker 3: Answer wherever you want to feel belittled as one full of food.
Speaker 1: I hope I get to go a little tipsy. Oh my god. I don't know if I've ever met anyone as scared of emotions as you are. Terrified. You should imagine this is.
Speaker 3: What everybody's perfect guy a little bit different.
Speaker 4: It's like Michael B. Jordan making fun of it.
Speaker 1: Sometimes you see two guys because you're just have double vision.
Speaker 3: I bring it up because one of our listeners says she figured out how she wants to feel when she meets her perfect guy, and maybe it even happened to her this last date. I mean he's not calling her back, but that doesn't matter. She felt that a certain.
Speaker 1: Way that could feel good though, like just a little bit not ignored.
Speaker 4: It's one day.
Speaker 3: Well, let's talk to Alice and hear about it. Alice, how you doing?
Speaker 5: I'm good in you guys? How are you?
Speaker 1: I don't know. I'm worried about Alexis, but I think the rest of us are fine.
Speaker 4: Would you like because we will.
Speaker 3: I bring it up because in your email you said you felt the way that you wanted to feel when you met up with this guy. What does that mean?
Speaker 5: Well, the deal is is that I've just been meeting the wrong guys. My discernment hasn't been the best because I usually go for guys that wind up being wrong for me.
Speaker 1: Okay, so you're taking a different approach, looking for a different yes.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So I heard this podcast by this lady and she said, instead of looking for your firecrackers, you should be looking for your fireplace. O.
Speaker 1: That's good, I heard this.
Speaker 2: You're supposed to go for the slow burn type.
Speaker 5: Of y.
Speaker 3: Okay, what does that mean?
Speaker 5: Okay, so like firecrackers like for me, like I get butter flies, and not to my stomach, like I get like an adrenaline rush.
Speaker 1: It's so fun.
Speaker 5: It's scary, but it's like a ride I want to go on, but then the ride crashes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, dangerous. You know.
Speaker 5: Now, a fireplace is actually more it's welcoming, it's warm. You look forward to that comfort.
Speaker 1: You're not scared, right, you're not scared.
Speaker 5: It's not all the bells and whistle.
Speaker 3: So basically, you're not supposed to be looking for the exciting person anymore. You're supposed to look for the safe person.
Speaker 5: I need to be swiping right on the fireplaces.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 1: So is this guy that you went out with the fireplace.
Speaker 5: He fits the profile where he's doesn't necessarily knock my socks off, but but he does tick off the boxes that I like, And that's what I found in.
Speaker 3: Doesn't knock your socks off, and maybe he would mend your socks if there was.
Speaker 1: Warm them, because he's.
Speaker 3: A So what's his name?
Speaker 5: His name is PAULA.
Speaker 4: He's got a fireplace name.
Speaker 3: What did you and paul decide to do? What did you in this fireplace?
Speaker 5: Go? Okay, so what we decided to do was to go out.
Speaker 1: To dinner at my thirty at five thirty? Was that his idea or were you just really pushing this old person personae?
Speaker 7: Well?
Speaker 5: No, actually he said he had to be home to be in bed by nine thirty so that he could go to work.
Speaker 1: Oh wowo okay, even when I was dating, I wouldn't go to bed at nine thirty. Yeah, you know, one night to stay up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, come on, yeah, it's attracted to those firecrackers, that's why.
Speaker 1: Yes, right, okay, so you were excited about this because this is still like fulfilling what your thought is of him?
Speaker 3: Yeah, how did dinner go?
Speaker 5: Dinner went really well? I mean he told me he likes to cook.
Speaker 7: He likes to bake.
Speaker 5: And when he said that to me, it's like that gave me some really nice, like low key fireplace vibes, which I really liked.
Speaker 1: Yes, so did you tell tell him this because you've brought it up so many times?
Speaker 3: Did you use the term firecracker and fireplace with him?
Speaker 5: That's what I Honestly, I didn't want to bring up those terms because I just wanted him to be himself and not say that he had to be somebody else.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's good.
Speaker 3: It's probably not going to go too well if you keep referring to him as the safe fireplace.
Speaker 1: Yes, I mean every guy wants to think of themselves as a bad boy in some ways, right, Yeah.
Speaker 3: So okay, he seems to be checking the boxes that you want, right.
Speaker 5: You know, he said he was looking for long term you know, he's into health and nature, and that to me was perfect. I mean, I wasn't getting butterflies in my stomach, you know.
Speaker 1: I feel like that should still be happening.
Speaker 3: Yeah, No, you don't want to have that. Okay, that's a firecracker.
Speaker 1: Okay, So I'm guessing like you guys didn't end the night with a kiss or anything.
Speaker 5: Well, near the ending of the night, he tells me a joke and he said to me, did I want him to teach me a car trick? So I could sure?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 5: And then oh, well, I don't know any gotcha?
Speaker 3: Well, hopefully didn't laugh too hard because then you're gonna get too excited and that would be a time.
Speaker 1: Was that? The only funny moment is that it's just so specific.
Speaker 3: What was there? Like any like hugg er?
Speaker 5: I'll say we did a nice little hug. I mean I thought it was I thought it was a good date. It wasn't over the top, but that's what.
Speaker 1: You want though.
Speaker 8: It wasn't like a bad experience or one big negative thing.
Speaker 3: Okay, So what's happened since the date?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 7: This is the thing?
Speaker 9: Now, I haven't heard back or gotten a callback from this boring fireplace guy.
Speaker 1: So are you just more mad that he's not calling you back? Or do you really want to see him again?
Speaker 5: I really would like to see him again. But I'm like, how could you not call me back?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 5: Like? What could you possibly have going on outside of what you told me?
Speaker 7: Wow?
Speaker 3: Okay, I have a cat. Maybe we should dial down some of this language when we actually get him on the phone, but we're gonna call him. We'll try and stoke that fire back up and not too brightly when we do your second date update right after this, Okay, hold.
Speaker 6: On Brooke and Jeffrey. In the morning second date update, I got.
Speaker 3: The strangest text message from the Academy of Radio Broadcasters saying, we just hit a new radio record for saying the word fireplace second over fifteen thousand times.
Speaker 1: We know what we're looking for, jeff Yeah.
Speaker 3: And I'm only gonna say it once more. Because our listener Alice used that term as a simple analogy for what she's looking for in her romantic partner. She learned she needs to stop chasing fire crackers and start looking for her fire place.
Speaker 1: What if you do, don't chase waterfalls either. We'll just put it in there.
Speaker 3: We don't need any more analogies thrown. Basically, it's stopped looking for the exciting guy who gives you butterflies, start looking for the safe option.
Speaker 4: Yeah, set kind of, not.
Speaker 1: Really, I mean, it's just like, yeah, just don't look for the stuff that's going to fizzle out really quick.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're looking for that feeling that's going to make you feel like you're at home. Yeah, and now that she went down that road, the fireplace is leaving her on red.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I said fireplace again.
Speaker 3: I'm not going to say it anymore.
Speaker 1: We can't break our own record.
Speaker 4: It's like our wood soggy. It just won't, you know.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So now that's how you feel him before we call him here, I'm.
Speaker 9: Feeling pretty good. I'm just hoping to figure out why haven't heard back from Paul.
Speaker 1: I like that you still have hope, but not too much. I mean, it's like you're like shifting everything to try to find the thing that you're supposed to have, and even that is a struggle right now. But I don't think it will be.
Speaker 11: At the end of this I hope.
Speaker 10: So, yeah, we all do.
Speaker 3: It's interesting we're going to be calling a boring guy for a radio segment here. Not the best reading strategy on our part, but you know what, let's dial him up anyway.
Speaker 4: Stay tuned. We've got a crackling fireplaces.
Speaker 3: Hopefully we can squeeze a little bit of an exciting this. But here we go. Hello, Hi, We're looking to speak with Paul.
Speaker 7: This is Paul, not that.
Speaker 1: We wanted you to come hot out of the gate or anything.
Speaker 4: Morning, my friend.
Speaker 3: First of all, thank you so much for answering this number that I'm sure you didn't recognize it.
Speaker 4: Well, strangers, we know we're.
Speaker 3: A radio station called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 12: Okay, Okay, nice, Okay, let's keep this going because what we're doing here is called a second date update, and we're trying to help out one of our listeners that you actually went out to dinner with a few nights ago go and she had a really nice time with you.
Speaker 3: Her name is Alice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, good old Alice.
Speaker 3: Huh yeah, Well, we'd like to open it up to you for a second and tell us what you thought about the date. Which thought about Alice?
Speaker 10: Uh what what is this for?
Speaker 3: Well, it's a second ate update. Basically, Alice has reached out to us because she told us a little bit about your night together. She had a great time. How was it for you?
Speaker 7: I'm just not really sure how the date when I guess, I don't uh, I don't know, I don't get I don't get a lot of matches, so I was pretty nervous. That's been a long time doing my hair and.
Speaker 3: If it makes feel better. She said that she was nervous to meet up with you too.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 7: I told her a joke at one point, and it kind of failed but kind of worked at the same time. I'm not really sure.
Speaker 1: Did you tell her?
Speaker 3: Are you talking about the magic trick joke?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Ok yeah, she told us that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're funny. It was good.
Speaker 7: Okay, that's a compliment.
Speaker 3: I feel good about that.
Speaker 1: Why would you not be calling her back? And why wouldn't you be excited right now like we're telling you it was a good date.
Speaker 7: I don't know. I just didn't know how to feel about it. And then we did talk about going out again, but she was talking about acts throwing and I don't know about dad going out into the woods and throwing axes. That seemed dangerous.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, I understand you. You haven't dated in a while. Yeah, it was like you might. You might not know this, but they actually have places set up where you're supposed to go indoors and throw axes at the wall like targets.
Speaker 1: You don't even have to date to know that.
Speaker 7: I never heard of that. I thought it was sounded kind of like a liability Uh.
Speaker 1: You're going to be fine, man, You're going to be fine. It's going to be a relief to her. So you just weren't calling her back because you didn't think she liked you. You're confused and you were scared throwing.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I guess that's kind of the gift.
Speaker 3: Okay. You know it was probably really really relieved to hear you say all those things. Is Alice, who is on the other line right now wanting to talk to you?
Speaker 9: Hi, Paul, how are you.
Speaker 7: Hi? I'm good.
Speaker 3: You could hear the smile, you hear that.
Speaker 5: It's good to hear your voice, Paul. I was wondering why I hadn't heard back from you.
Speaker 7: I'm sorry. I guess I was just kind of I'm sure. I don't really know if you wanted to go out again or it went well.
Speaker 8: Well.
Speaker 3: I think the axe throwing idea really scared him off there. Alice like that. You're not married to that as the next.
Speaker 5: Day, you know, like we could there was always other activities.
Speaker 7: That we could do, would be would be good and tend to be a bleeder.
Speaker 3: Okay, but you might must feel good, like you understand like Alice, Alice likes you, right, Alice. You can even tell him yourself. Now, we don't have to be your voice.
Speaker 5: Well, I really had a great time with you when we had dinner. I think the conversation was pretty good. I don't know if maybe you might have been a little anxious, but I mean if you were, I couldn't tell.
Speaker 1: Your confidence has to be through the roof right now, right.
Speaker 11: Paul, Yeah, good, all, Okay, that's I tried Tom up for that.
Speaker 4: And he knocked it down.
Speaker 3: All right. I mean I think that you guys should give it one more show. Think that you choose like a safe activity for you two to do, no sharp objects anywhere around the ballroom, bowling, bowling.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, yeah, we could do that. You could come see my collection collection?
Speaker 3: What collection?
Speaker 4: The collection?
Speaker 7: Huh oh? I collect antique gynecological chairs.
Speaker 4: I don't know what.
Speaker 1: Did you say, gynocologically with the stirrup feet.
Speaker 4: I heard dynacological like a dinosaurs, like a O. B. G.
Speaker 1: Y N chair.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but like they're from the eighteen hundreds.
Speaker 3: You collect those?
Speaker 7: Yeah, they're really kind of fascinating.
Speaker 1: Actually, you know, why why are they fascinating? Paul?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean that period is kind of, you know, really interesting.
Speaker 1: A great period in women.
Speaker 3: It was the experimental things. They're trying to figure out what's going on now they did not know.
Speaker 1: That's a little How you feel about that.
Speaker 5: That's a that's a little bit odd.
Speaker 3: Well, I think maybe the question we need to ask is do you feel like you have butterflies right now? Alice Hope.
Speaker 10: No.
Speaker 3: Well, that's a good sign for you. That's the opposite of what you're looking for. So we would love to send you two out on another date. Paul will pay for this date if you're willing to meet up with Alice.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that sounds great.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, yes from Paul, Alice, you're still up for it. You don't have to go to his house. You don't have to see the collection.
Speaker 1: I'll say, maybe you can see pictures of his collection first and then judge from there. If there's a third day, Yes.
Speaker 5: I think that's what I would need to have a visual of the collection of the dynacological chair.
Speaker 1: Let's not say that word.
Speaker 10: Chair.
Speaker 3: Take some photos of your collection and text them over, and then we'll send you guys out again on a date.
Speaker 7: Okay, I'll send a link to my website.
Speaker 10: Alright, I'm kind of excited.
Speaker 6: And Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 3: I mean the whole firecracker fireplace thing needs to come with an asterisk now, right, because the quote safe quiet, introvert also might have some secret firecracker tendency.
Speaker 1: Are you saying might burn your house down? Yeah? I think that that's.
Speaker 13: What it is.
Speaker 1: That is what you need to do.
Speaker 8: I think it's more of a bonfire situation.
Speaker 3: Maybe not good. Well, you did get them a second date though, maybe maybe.
Speaker 4: We found out some stuff.
Speaker 1: Okay, if she says it's bad though, if she goes, we need to do a safety check afterwards, just to make.
Speaker 3: Sure he's a history buff. He's not actually doing any examinations with that stuff. He's a collector of old goods.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the one that walks down at dark Alley at two am. It says nothing bad is gonna happen.
Speaker 4: Ladies, why are you running? I'm a collector of old goods.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I want to go to his house and see all the guy in coological chairs. I bet they're cool. Oh, let's wrap myself into you do.
Speaker 4: That, jeff Yeah, maybe check it out for her first.
Speaker 3: I will. That's the lengths I'm willing to go through for our listeners, so.
Speaker 1: You will put your foot up in stirrups.
Speaker 3: I will keep that in mind when you email us asking for help with your love life. We'll call that person who won't call you back and go check out all of our second dates wherever you get your podcasts at Brook.
Speaker 6: And Jeffrey Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 3: The saying goes, love is in the eye of the beholder, meaning what alexis.
Speaker 9: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Maybe you have sunglasses on.
Speaker 3: It makes someone look better, Okay, that's one way to take it. Another way to take it is that what works romantically for some people may totally not work for other people.
Speaker 1: That was what I was saying, Yeah.
Speaker 3: With sunglasses on, sure, but that was definitely the case in today's call. Because the kiss that happened at the end of the night, depending on who you ask, is either the cutest, most spontaneous thing ever or the cringiest, most awkward interaction of all time.
Speaker 1: I like that there's no middle ground either. No, that's what I appreciate.
Speaker 3: Not when you hear it. You can decide when you find out what happened in your second date update right.
Speaker 6: After this Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning second date update.
Speaker 3: Brooke, I want you to think about the best date that you've ever been on. Ok I know it's probably not with your husband. Nobody here expected it would be. What's the thing that happened that made you say this date tops them all?
Speaker 4: That's a big question.
Speaker 1: Honestly, it's just the person I'm with, Like.
Speaker 3: I come, you're talking about yourself again.
Speaker 8: The fireworks are like the chef made me a seven snail.
Speaker 3: The three way kiss at the end, that's it. Okay, Yeah, that makes sense. One of our listeners emailed the show saying his most recent date easily ranks number one all times, and I'm just assuming he's been on more than one otherwise that statement really doesn't say much. Let's talk to Chris about it. Chris, Welcome to the show Man. How you doing.
Speaker 13: Hey, guys, thanks for taking my call. I really appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, sounds like you're putting a lot of pressure on this first date.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you have been on more than one date in your life, right, Yes.
Speaker 13: No, I've been in a lot of dates in the last few years, and honestly, none of them really hit at all, Like I didn't feel like there was any connection. But this last girl, Kendra. It was like the date of a lifetime.
Speaker 8: Okay, are you saying that because of Kendra or because of the activity in the environment.
Speaker 13: I think it was a combination of the entire The huntire night was kind of great. You'll see, you'll see by the end our dating.
Speaker 1: Lives will look paltry in comparison.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah, let's get right into it. Tell us where'd you meet Kendra?
Speaker 7: Okay?
Speaker 13: So I bought her flowers? We went to a restaurant.
Speaker 3: Question that I asked her. You're really eager to tell us, and I appreciate that, but.
Speaker 1: Maybe so excited about this story.
Speaker 3: Where where did you meet her?
Speaker 10: Oh?
Speaker 13: We met online?
Speaker 1: There understand why that was a confusing question.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I see. And now where did you two meet at a restaurant? It sounds like.
Speaker 13: At a restaurant.
Speaker 4: I'm glad you let them.
Speaker 13: He bought her flowers, okay, And I bought her flowers, which is an important part of the story because she was so shocked by the guy, because no guys buy flowers anymore, That's what she said at me at least.
Speaker 1: Oh, no guys buy flowers.
Speaker 3: Well, they are pretty expensive.
Speaker 4: I've got in trouble, like the girls like flowers.
Speaker 3: And they like them after that is a good point, Alexis. I mean, what did Kendra do with the flowers after you gave them to her?
Speaker 13: Well, that was part of the story. The server even complimented the flowers. When the server complimented the flowers, she offered to let the server put flowers on everyone's tables.
Speaker 3: So she accepted your gift and immediately gave it away to the Okay.
Speaker 13: Which, when you say it like that, it doesn't sound so good. It was really nice to watch that happen, and I'll see other people happy with these flowers. It was a really nice moment.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you bought everyone flowers.
Speaker 2: Well, everyone in the restaurant doesn't get it.
Speaker 3: It is a really good move, though. I feel like it looks good in her eyes, and I assume it must have led to some good conversation, to some good moments.
Speaker 13: It really did. In fact, I'd say it got a little cheesy and so good that I got myself a little vulnerable, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: Oh, the hats came off that quickly.
Speaker 1: I say it like that, did you say I cried? Is that what you just said?
Speaker 13: But didn't cry, But I'm sort of as a twenty six year old. I gave up on meeting anybody at this point.
Speaker 1: So twenty six isn't that old.
Speaker 13: Just so you know, she's twenty nine, and she said she was going through similar stuff, so it was like we kind of hit on the same subjects.
Speaker 3: Wow, what happened At the end of the night.
Speaker 13: We went back to her place? We walked to her place. She didn't live that far from the restaurant, so it was a really nice romantic walk.
Speaker 1: Did you hold hands?
Speaker 13: We held pinkies?
Speaker 4: That's even better.
Speaker 3: I don't know. That's the friend finger.
Speaker 4: Wait, you have a friend finger.
Speaker 3: That's the one you do pinky promises with your friends.
Speaker 4: I thought you were going I thought he was.
Speaker 3: Anyway, did you after the pinky hole thing? Did you get a kiss?
Speaker 13: So it was kind of a funny situation. She lives in a community that has a wall around it, and you have to it's not easy to get into, you know.
Speaker 4: A biodome or a prison some sort.
Speaker 1: I think it's just an apartment with a gate is what he means, which are pretty common.
Speaker 4: Okay, I like bio prison.
Speaker 3: I'm not familiar, but okay, I get it.
Speaker 13: There's a gate, So there's a gate and she didn't have her key, so you're locked out.
Speaker 3: Or maybe it's a move that she's pulling where she's like, oh, I can't find my keys.
Speaker 1: She happened? Do you need me to strip search myself.
Speaker 5: There?
Speaker 3: Maybe I was more like, maybe we should go back to your place instead.
Speaker 1: Maybe I don't think she need to pull a move to go back to a guy. Yeah, yeah, I'm standing naking it the states.
Speaker 3: So, so what happened, Chris?
Speaker 13: I know this sounds ridiculous, but so I decided to jump the gate.
Speaker 1: So you can open it on the other side.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 13: Yeah, I had to climb it and pull myself up over it. As I'm pulling myself up over it, I get stuck. My pants get stuck on it, and I get gone. I'm hanging upside down.
Speaker 4: No spiky fences, right, Yes, what did she do?
Speaker 7: Well? She kissed me?
Speaker 9: What man?
Speaker 13: Kiss?
Speaker 4: Upside down?
Speaker 3: Upside down.
Speaker 5: Man?
Speaker 1: And she kissed you.
Speaker 13: I was just as shocked as you were.
Speaker 1: Wow, I guess she likes her in mobile vulnerable.
Speaker 4: I can get him there pounce.
Speaker 3: Did you like it?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 3: Was that awkward? Or was it? Romo?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 13: It was a nice it's a very nice romantic moment. But it's been a couple of days since that happened. We texted for a couple of days, and then since then she hasn't gotten back to me.
Speaker 3: Maybe you're a bad upside Yeah, it can be confusing because usually you put your tongue this way, but when you're upside down, he needs to go that way.
Speaker 1: Practice, so we found another man suspended on a fence and took Yeah, maybe that's her thing.
Speaker 4: Some guy working on the phone lines.
Speaker 3: Okay, well we're gonna we're gonna come back. We'll call Kendra for you and try to get you your next most romantic date ever. When we get you kiss, let's get crazy. We'll do it with your second date update next.
Speaker 6: Broke and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 5: Second date update.
Speaker 3: If you're just joining us, we've basically got the real life Peter Parker on the phone who received the rare it did upside down kiss during his date with Kendra.
Speaker 1: You didn't see the sequel where the Spider Man got his pant Okay.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're still in the Tobey Maguire University.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Toby would totally get his pants stuck on a fence.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because it happened after Chris fell while scaling the security gate outside of Kendra's apartment, as you do a lot.
Speaker 4: Of dates, and those are hard to climb though.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but pants got caught when he fell, and it was there in that embarrassing moment when animal instinct took over and Kendra walked right up to him and smooched him in the face, which.
Speaker 1: Is such a good sign because that really could have been an ick moment for her. Yeah, you know, and obviously she thought it was.
Speaker 3: Adorable, So no wonder Chris is describing it as his best date ever. But weird that she's not texting him back since she's the one who initiated that moment.
Speaker 1: You know, we never asked, Chris, did she ever get back into her apartment, because maybe that's why she hasn't responded.
Speaker 3: That's a good point.
Speaker 13: Yeah, somebody came by a few minutes later and let her in.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, I guess I didn't even think about just waiting until somebody else showed up.
Speaker 3: We're gonna call Kendra, we'll see if she picks up.
Speaker 1: And God, I hope this works out for you. I mean there's so much pressure on this one. You know, it's like his best date he's ever been on.
Speaker 3: Well, I felt pretty relaxed until you said that. Now all of a sudden, I'm super stressed out for no reason.
Speaker 1: Don't screw it up, jeff.
Speaker 3: Oh god, okay, here we go. Then, Hello, Hey is this Kendra? I think?
Speaker 1: Yes? She said, who is this?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: She said, sorry, Kendri. Yeah, we're a radio show. We're called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 7: How many?
Speaker 14: How many of you are there?
Speaker 3: Too many?
Speaker 1: Yes, it's a whole show.
Speaker 13: Okay, all right, So.
Speaker 3: We're reaching out to you because one of our listeners has asked us to get a hold of you, a guy that you went on a date with recently named Chris.
Speaker 13: Oh okay, yeah.
Speaker 3: So this is all part of a segment we do call the Second Date Update, where we're trying to figure out if there's a reason you have stopped texting him after the date. I mean, obviously, yeah, obviously the reason should be obvious.
Speaker 14: No, no, all, just like it's obvious that yes, I have a reason.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, we just want to know because we spoke to Chris and he told us about your date and it sounded actually much better than we ever thought it could have been given the circumstances.
Speaker 1: Honestly, I'd love to hear your side of the story.
Speaker 14: Yeah, Okay, it was a good date. Like, it was a really good.
Speaker 7: Date, honestly, so cute.
Speaker 14: Okay, I mean I wouldn't have kissed him at the end of it if it was a bad date.
Speaker 4: Oh my god.
Speaker 3: That's where you and Brook differed.
Speaker 1: But he told us about that first kiss, like that was crazy, the upside down one.
Speaker 14: Yeah, I mean, when you have a movie moment, you have to like take it right.
Speaker 1: Oh you found like it was that magical too, Like it really was a movie moment.
Speaker 14: Well, yeah, it was a spider Man kiss.
Speaker 4: Okay, Yeah, that's the first thing we jumped to as well.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 3: If that's the case, then why after your movie moment aren't you calling Chris back.
Speaker 14: Well, I mean, I don't really know what he told you besides that we kiss.
Speaker 3: I mean, that was the majority we know that you guys went to a restaurant.
Speaker 1: He told us about the flowers that he brought you flowers, and you guys passed him out among the other table.
Speaker 3: He immediately gave his gift away.
Speaker 14: Oh, yes, I didn't think he could mind.
Speaker 1: It was really sweet.
Speaker 14: Oh okay, okay, okay, yeah, yeah, here's the thing. Chris is great, but he lied to me, and I mean he lied about something pretty big and I big, like.
Speaker 4: What like his name or something?
Speaker 14: Dude, I mean no, it's not his names. He said that he was twenty six and he's like, forty.
Speaker 7: Two is what? Yeah?
Speaker 13: Again, wait a second. You had a good time. I had a good time. Why does it matter?
Speaker 3: What is anybody? Okay, okay, way, Chris, that doesn't sound good, Kendrick. You didn't know this, but Chris has been listening on the other line.
Speaker 13: Yeah, because I'm forty two. But that's all.
Speaker 1: You are. Forty two. You told us that you were twenty six.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm kidding, bro.
Speaker 13: But age doesn't matter. It doesn't matter how old I am.
Speaker 14: Again, we had a good time, lie about it, so it doesn't matter.
Speaker 5: Why do you lie?
Speaker 13: That's only thirteen years different?
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, that is wild so long and Chris, if age isn't important, then why did you lie about it?
Speaker 13: Because she wouldn't have woun out with me if I said I was forty two. I had toll that of.
Speaker 1: You yes, when I was in my twenties, I wouldn't date somebody into forties either.
Speaker 13: Yeah, it happens in Hollywood all the time. Men and women are older than the significant others.
Speaker 3: Actually normal, a lot of healthy relationships and holidays.
Speaker 1: And it's people having the information to make that choice. Right, So she you lied to her?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Kender, what are your thoughts on this?
Speaker 14: I mean, here's the thing, Like, I'm not entirely truthful my age on the apps either. What wait, I say that I'm twenty nine, but I'm actually thirty one. But that's not like a wait.
Speaker 13: A second, wait a second, you lie about your age online? That's just shoping.
Speaker 3: Okay, chancastic, you don't really have a leg to stand on.
Speaker 1: I think he's being sarcastic. You being sarcastic, right, No, it's the same.
Speaker 13: A lie is a lie, whether it's twenty nine or forty two.
Speaker 1: So you're not upset that she lied about her age because you lied about yours.
Speaker 13: I'm upset that she's upset about me lying about my age if she lies about hers.
Speaker 3: Okay, somehow, you think, no matter what it is, the lies should cancel out and you should be on even playing field.
Speaker 13: Yeah, a lie should cancel out a lie.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm kind of messed up that you lied to No, here's my thing.
Speaker 14: It's like when people are like looking for people who they want to date, and they go to my age bracket. They're looking for people between thirty and forty, and I don't want to people like I'd rather use someone who's a little bit younger.
Speaker 1: So you aged out of the age bracket you're interested in. Is the problem, Yes, but not.
Speaker 14: By sixteen years.
Speaker 1: It's thirteen.
Speaker 14: Yeah, it's sixteen. He doesn't know how to do mass. It's literally sixteen.
Speaker 3: But he's doing the same exact thing that you're doing. He's lying about his age to open up his options the same way that.
Speaker 14: You are, but he's opening it too far.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, I mean I don't think what she's doing is right, but I can see her point, Like, you have a generation gap between somebody, Well, I guess you're thirty one now, so now you're only eleven years apart in age, So now it's not as.
Speaker 13: Big as a game billions of years old. What's the difference between thirteen years.
Speaker 1: I can't tell who side him on him?
Speaker 3: Yeah, and technically the age gap is just eleven years now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what I just said.
Speaker 3: Really, but I wasn't listening to you, Brooke, because you're older. I have my cutoff at age thirty five. So Alexis, if you have anything to say, feel free to jump in.
Speaker 1: I'm so confused.
Speaker 8: My question is when you kissed him, did you know he was forty by then?
Speaker 5: I had suspicions.
Speaker 14: I mean, I knew he wasn't twenty six.
Speaker 8: But that means you guys got along so well even you were bending your rules a little in your riding exactly.
Speaker 14: I wasn't spending my rules eleven years.
Speaker 8: No, you're right, you are right, But I'm just saying at a point you came to a conclusion almost.
Speaker 1: And you still I think Jose's onto something you both Can you get over this? Is that? That's really the question is not the.
Speaker 8: Only problem, because if you guys just get along great, just a big lie about who you are.
Speaker 3: That age is just a number. It shouldn't matter if the connection is real. And if that connection is true, we'd like to offer to send you to out on another date and we would pay for it.
Speaker 13: That would be nice. I like when people pay for my dates, I do it.
Speaker 7: I'm down.
Speaker 3: Yeah, cheap, cheap, old man, I see waiting for that senior discount. But Kendra, we will pay for it. It's up to you.
Speaker 14: Look, if we would have met organically and had the connection we had, then I might have been able to forget that he's forty two. But the lying is it's just going to bother.
Speaker 3: Your lives don't bother, That's right.
Speaker 14: But you're like, my life is fine, lies, you.
Speaker 3: Know, Chris, I'm sorry, man, it was the state of his entire life.
Speaker 13: Well, if that's it, guys, I'm gonna let him know the truth that I'm not actually forty two, I'm forty six.
Speaker 1: What is that?
Speaker 14: Why you wore the baseball hat backwards on our dates?
Speaker 1: Like you're literally adapt and that's why you couldn't get over the fence.
Speaker 3: No wonder he knows who Toldy maguire, is.
Speaker 6: Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 3: Man. I know this happens all the time on the dating apps now, where people lie about their age. But I don't know if I'm ever gonna understand the thinking behind it, because at some point the truth about your real age is gonna come out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Well, I mean maybe it's like one of those things where you feel like you'll just be so connected by then it won't at her. Yeah, that's when you're right. I don't think that that's ever true. A lie always matters, but yeah.
Speaker 3: Because eventually you're gonna have to explain why your high school graduation photo has a watermark that says Sears Portrait Studio in nineteen eighty six, and then everyone's gonna be confused.
Speaker 8: I thought it was bold that he tried to play off that he was younger than her.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm like, okay, I'm thirty two, or like, I'm a few years older. He's three years younger than her, he's overcome.
Speaker 1: Twenty years different. All I need to know is what filter he's using on his photos. I mean, I don't need it for personal use, I swear. Yeah, it's just a curiosity got to be Okay.
Speaker 3: So just to be clear, we're not saying don't lie. We're just saying lie smarter.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Okay, to do that, Jeff, We're saying don't lie.
Speaker 3: We'll make it believable. Okay. Yeah, if you want some help with your dating life, lies or not, email the show. We'll call that person. Who's not calling you back, And go find out all of our second dates. They're up online wherever you get your podcasts to search Brooke and Jeffrey