Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong, Joe Getty, arm Strong and Getty, and he Armstrong and Yetty. So I guess the thing we're all gonna have to determine here after we hear from this young gentleman is uh. I guess he would call himself a young woman because he at some point states he's trans all the way he looks just like a dude, like a regular dude, like he's not making any effort to look like a woman, but he says he's a trans woman anyway, hear a dude, dude?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 1: Is he crazy? Is he stupid? Is he ignorant? Because those are all three different things? Or is he a mixture of all three or whatever? But so there's this guy.
Speaker 3: Almost you almost need like the little scales like he's a video game character.
Speaker 1: You know, his speed rating is six, out rating is aid maneuverability's only a three. So you got to have the crazy meter, the stupid meter, and the ignorant meter. You mentioned video games. I want to get this joke on because I heard this. This is a meme. My son said, I thought this was funny yesterday the idea that you know, the world is just a video game, Life is just a video game or a simulation or whatever. You hear that now and then life is just a video game. And the rating on a life being a video game is the animation is amazing, but the storyline and characters suck. I would agree, Wow, that's good. So this guy Nate Friedman, maybe you've seen him on the YouTube. He shows up at various things and sticks microphone in people's faces and ask some questions in a very friendly way, and they beclown themselves. And you know, it's like the libs of TikTok thing. It's just the people on the left get upset about this, but hey, nothing untoward is happening here. This is This is your people spouting their nonsense. This guy is just and lips of TikTok just airs it. This guy, Nate Friedman is just airing it. That's all he's doing. And an interesting thing during this interview. I don't know if we have it in the clips, but people, a couple of people came up to Nate while he was interviewing this guy. This woman who kept saying, hey, don't talk to him, he's a Zionist. He's on YouTube all the time. Like I don't I don't know what that means. But this is the giant pro Palestinian pro Homas protest in New York which was huge and should have gotten more news coverage, and a lot of the people there are just flat out pro Homas or flat out anti jew And like this guy that was being interviewed, Nate Friedman doing a man on the street at the big protest in New York City yesterday. We got a bunch of this. But here we go.
Speaker 4: So is this this is the translac this is the Palestinian flag mixed with the tan. Okay, what do you say to those who who say that trans people would be killed in Palestine?
Speaker 5: I mean, I don't know about that, but I know that I'm standing here today. At least fifty percent of the Gazan government needs to be trans women like Muhammad himself. Mohammad herself was herd sacked, a trans lesbian.
Speaker 4: Mohammad was a woman.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Islam is a trans idea, it's a trans religion. It Mohammad herself was a proud trans lesbian.
Speaker 4: And Iran the morality police and also in Gaza, they kill trans people, Like do you think that that's not true or.
Speaker 5: I mean I think they're secretly Jews if they do that, they because no Muslim would actually do that, like Islam is a gay religion.
Speaker 4: They asked Muslims in Gaza what you would do with trans people.
Speaker 1: They say that we don't have that here, we kill those people.
Speaker 5: I mean, I don't know, but that's why we need to protest harder, that we need at least fifty percent of the Palestinian government to be trans women.
Speaker 4: How do I.
Speaker 1: So he's one of those people that has got the trans flag, whatever that is. I didn't know they had their own flag, But is that you know, trans people for Palestine, which, as a lot of us have pointed out, that's like a combination, an anomaly, non sequitor, contradiction. I mean, it's all kinds of things. I mean, there's not a more anti lgbt Q group in the world than your Islamic fundamentalists, right right.
Speaker 3: You know, I hate to always lean on the obvious example, but it's a lot like Jews.
Speaker 1: For Hitler, that was.
Speaker 3: Those club meetings were sparsely attended, but so is that would be insane but this was an a wrinkle.
Speaker 1: I don't know how many people believe that that Islam is a that Muhammad was a woman, and Islam is gay friendly. And then when you hear the stuff about Islamists going after eight people and kill him, well, those are actually Jews. Wow, Okay, this guy goes on.
Speaker 4: How do we make that happen?
Speaker 5: I mean, we have to protest, we have to push put pressure on the Jews who control the world to make this happen. Like they own everything, we have to make this.
Speaker 4: Are you Jewish?
Speaker 5: No, I'm Italian and Muslim.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so Jews own everything? Yeah, how do you think? How do you think that happened? How did Jews start owning everything?
Speaker 5: I don't know. They use their dark magic. I guess like.
Speaker 4: I'm Jewish and I would like to have some magic, but I don't feel like I have any magic. How do you think I can access this dark magic?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 5: If you're maybe using your magic on me right now?
Speaker 4: No, if I am the first time ever hearing about magic, because we used to.
Speaker 5: Have like the thing where you would tie a stone to the leg of a witch and dunk her in the water and if she floated, she was a witch.
Speaker 1: Should we do that with Jews?
Speaker 4: Yes, okay, should we do that with Jews across the whole world everywhere?
Speaker 5: And there's the other one where you like, put the Bible on one scale and the Jew on the other, and if they're lighter than the Bible, they're a witch.
Speaker 1: Okay. So his argument that the new government of Gaza needs to be half trans women, Yes, again, how much is this is nutpicking in that this is one individual kook. Well and wait a minute, wait, that's blatantly discriminatory against trans dudes. Don't they get a say in Gaza in his world? What the hell? I'm sorry he was saying, Well, he is carrying a trans people for Hamas flag or band. I mean, what the hell. And it doesn't appear that people that have those are being shouted down by others saying, hey, that does doesn't make any sense. They would stone us to death. It seems to be some support for that attitude right in that crowd, right, Yeah, you know, it reminds me of the great piece by Eli Lake that we featured from the Free Press about the Red Green Alliance. Yeah, and how that really took shape in the seventies in Iran, where the Marxists and the Islamists realized that they both wanted the overthrow of the establishment. We're gonna hear. We're gonna hear from a guy because I came across this last night so that the protests. You know, yesterday was the second anniversary of October seventh, so there were a lot of protests around the country, and there were some counter protests. And we got a guy who moved here from Iran. We'll play it later, but that's exactly what he said. Look, I'm worried about what's happening here in the United States. I moved here from Iran. I have seen this before. The college crowd, the college crowd and the Islamists always get bond together, the woke crowd in the Islamists gathered together and become a powerful force. And he said, I see that happening here. That is exactly what it is. Anyway, Look, let's get back to this one kooky man woman.
Speaker 5: So we just kill all the Jews, though, I think so, yeah, yeah, we need to throw.
Speaker 4: Yeah, am I I'm a zion talk to about well we're we're we're.
Speaker 1: On YouTube too.
Speaker 5: Can I look up what you do on YouTube like us having a conversation. Yeah, I'll do it later.
Speaker 4: So okay, so we should call a jus, how should we kill all the Jews?
Speaker 5: We should throw the Jew down the well so that my country at least can be free.
Speaker 4: And what cheer is their country?
Speaker 5: Well, America, America is the country, but also Palestine.
Speaker 1: I mean I stand, but also Palestine.
Speaker 5: I'm not from there, I've been there.
Speaker 1: Okay. The reason I want to play that no matter how crazy he is, there isn't or how many people he represents, he just said out loud, we should kill all the Jews. Joe Biden claims he ran for president because people were saying less than that at Charlottesville. Uh, in that big protest there that a person ended up dying because of job, drove a car into the crowd and it was horrible. But they will not replace us was their chant that got everybody all worked up. They weren't bold enough to just flat out and say, yeah, we ought to kill them all like this guy did, and everybody just ignores it. Well, you know, he's just a college kid, and what does he know. Well, he's one of many people are saying that now systematically ignored Okay, I want I want to wrap up his little conversation here before before we move on to talk more about it. Go ahead, Are you trans?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 4: So do you believe that you could stand in Palestine safely as a transperson?
Speaker 5: If we succeed, I would be one of the first trans members of the new Palestinian Parliament.
Speaker 6: Okay.
Speaker 1: See that's clearly a crazy person. How many, simpleton? But how many people believe that? I mean, if you're carrying if you're specifically, not many, but that's general in general, the whole trans well, I mean, the trans for Palestine. What are you talking about? Okay, one more and then we'll be done.
Speaker 4: Dunking all the Jews in the world in a well seems inefficient. Is there a faster way to kill all the Jews? I mean Hitler was pretty good at it, right, Yeah, yeah, he was. Okay, so we should do it similarly the way Hitler did it.
Speaker 5: I mean he wasn't quite fast enough, but because like they were able to end the war before he was finished.
Speaker 4: But yeah, so he should have built more concentration camps.
Speaker 5: I think that and like now that we have like all these like fast food chains with their own ovens like pizza huh, McDonald's. We could repurpose fast food chain rovens to be the new ovens to do this, and it would go so much faster.
Speaker 3: And so there are conservatives that are the fascists, and there.
Speaker 1: Are people gathered around watching this interview that have the same flags and everything like that, and like nobody's jumping in and saying whoa dude? That? I mean, Like, if I'm protesting for something and there's somebody who's like Wayne, that's gonna hurt my cause what I believe in, I would jump in. I think most people would. No, they're perfectly fine with him spouting that sort of stuff because I think they agree, Yeah, yeah, I would agree. That's so nuts. And the fact that it gets zero coverage in the news versus if you got you know, you have a preacher somewhere, say one thing, or a military dude or whoever, giant national story representing millions of mega people's thoughts, right, and the danger they pose, right, the big danger in America's white supremacy. Wow, we've got some much more serious people than him spouting the same attitudes. A little bit later on, half the government of Gaza should be trans people have a rally, and I think it was New York where the guy's saying, we need to do another October seventh, but stronger, more and more yea, and again a bunch of people gathered around and listening, and everybody, you know, nodding their heads. It's not like people are saying whoa, whoa, whoa, that's too much. I think Godza, the Gosins are being treated unfairly in Israel's gone too far. But another oct nobody's saying that, no, no, And it's.
Speaker 3: Right down the street from the New York Times, And funnily enough, they didn't have a reporter available to cover it.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Any thoughts on any of this? Text line four one five KFTC some business news. Costco announced that they're gonna start selling ozempic and wigovi. So now you can go to Costco, get a hot dog, some ozempic and see who wins. Anybody know what it's gonna cost it Costco? Do they mean it the pharmacy or just like in the aisle with the medicine. Do you know that? I don't know the current state of it.
Speaker 3: I know that the companies are working very hard on getting a pill form of those drugs out because the is it a weekly jab or a monthly jab?
Speaker 1: Hey, it's not over the counter yet, surely not. No, no, no, no, okay, so it's the costco pharmacy, okay, right right. Hey.
Speaker 3: By the way, I was just reminded that the Nobel Prize in Physics went to a trio of guys for their work mostly in the eighties, I think, but quantum physics.
Speaker 1: We talked about that yesterday. Yeah, yeah, quantum mechanics. And you're going to try to explain that to me. Well, what was interesting to me is that, yeah, it was stuff from the eighties, which usually your Nobel Prizes other than literature are not like, you know, lifetime achievement awards. They're more something that happened this year, a big discovery. So it's kind of interesting to me that this was based on stuff that they discovered way back in the eighties that has allowed us to have all of the AI computing power U Practically everything that we're doing is because of stuff that they invented or came up with in the eighties around quantum mechanics. I think these guys ought to be prosecuted, not given awards. As witches. Oh oh, bring the Internet on us. Yeah, you're right, thanks for nothing.
Speaker 3: Also worth noting there's some economic stuff out, including the fact that gold prices rose to four thousand dollars per troy ounce for the first time in history.
Speaker 1: A troy ounce. You say, oh, that's my favorite kind of ounce.
Speaker 3: The Russia gold likely signals increasing doubts about the stability of the US economy as investors scramble for alternatives to the dollar. Meanwhile, the Republicans just saying, look, you said these COVID subsidies were temporary. We're just saying, yes, they were temporary. Let's go back to the other numbers. And Democrats are acting like it's a betrayal of all that is good and holy, even as you know, globally people are looking at the US economy and saying, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Gold at four thousand douns, man, if I had being gold fillings, i'd be prying amount Oh yeah, heck yeah, palling them.
Speaker 3: And then you know, the other somewhat concerning figures that are floating around these days is that the hiring numbers as best as they can figure them out with the private organizations, because that perhaps you've heard this. The federal government is on a bit of a vacation. They don't look good.
Speaker 1: And the narrative that we have two economies AI and the rest of it I think is true. And at least you know, these numbers are difficult to put together with any great accuracy, but half of the economic growth we've seen over the last year has been AI stuff. Well, and that's like half a dozen companies. Well, remember the stats I had last week. One of them was like ninety percent of the growth in the Nasdaq. I mean, they were just stunning, stunning percentages for your AI part of the stock market. The problem being it could be a bubble. So if it is, then well wow, yeah, that'll be wacky. Yeah, I'd say. Yeah. So coming up next half hour, Pam Bondi, America's toughest middle aged hottie, goes before Congress and swings both of her pretty fists and it lands blow after blow more or less, and the media be clowns itself. Yeah that's a daily story, no kidding. One of those stories is that des Moines superintendent of schools, who was I mean, he was like a fake everything. He claimed he had a PhD.
Speaker 3: But didn't right, and he claimed he had a degree from one place and it was maybe from another place or maybe not at all.
Speaker 1: Claimed he was like teacher of the Year of some sort of thing, and then found out that award doesn't exist. I wish i'd have done that. I'm only jealous that I didn't pad my resume that way. When I was out there, I.
Speaker 3: Read the rest of that email from the guy talking about a really important engineer in California who at some point, for credentialing reasons, one of the junior engineers had to like list him as a reference or whatever, and he couldn't find any record of this guy's engineering degree. And it turns out this guy was one of a really important engineer in the twentieth century in California.
Speaker 1: He never had a degree.
Speaker 3: He was also a brilliant engineer, and they went back over all of his work.
Speaker 1: It was flawless. He just hadn't bothered with the academic rigmarole. Yeah, I feel patience for it. I feel like you'd be outed in something like that if you didn't have the actual skills. Whereas being a superintendent or something, I mean, you could pull that off forever. Armstrong and getty. I'm going to be he knew about a topic.
Speaker 7: At being in the military, just to be elected as senator. Senator, I don't think a lot of people like you were out protesting with antifi.
Speaker 1: I don't know the answer, said, you do know the answer. Call me a liar. You work for me.
Speaker 7: You would have been fired because you were censored by Congress.
Speaker 1: You're lying? Will you support that request? Will you apologize? To Donald Trump? And Bondy Feisty in front of the Senate yesterday, grilled about Trump's retribution campaign, the weaponization of the Justice Department Jack some call lawfair. I noticed like ABC News said the White House pleased with Bondi's performance, I thought, which is code for them saying she did pretty well. She just stood up pretty well to the grilling. To the extent that it matters. None of these hearings matter freaking at all. They are barely a story. The day they happen, they disappear into the ether and then that's it. So they matter because they entertain me. Well, yeah, they're entertaining, but they have no political lasting effects. Oh no, no, no, unless you know, you get a particularly good singer and then they run it on your local news for a while and you see poll numbers go up by one and a half percent, or it's so good you get to use it in an ad for your next campaign. Yeah, but it usually is a standalone event. As you pointed, it's not like we have uncovered something very intriguing here today and a subcommittee will be investigating it all. Even if that happens, nothing really comes of it. But I did appreciate this exchange though with Senator Blumenthal, the congenital liar.
Speaker 7: I can finish answering the question topic being in the military just to be elected as.
Speaker 1: Senator, and of course to a reference to the story that indeed, that is what Dick Blumenthal did. Here's good old Brian Williams. Whatever happened to Brian Williams got back being a fabulous And this is from back in the day when Bloomenthal got caught what BONDI was referring to at a.
Speaker 2: Big US Senate race in Connecticut got blown sky high today when the leading Democrat in the race got caught in a lie over his military service. Richard Blumenthal, as the state Attorney General, has said in the past he served in Vietnam.
Speaker 1: He did not he served during Vietnam.
Speaker 2: The New York Times reports he received five wartime deferments and he served stateside in the Marine Reserves. Today, Blumenthal said he misspoken.
Speaker 6: And I will not allow anyone to take a few misplaced words and impugne my record of service to our country.
Speaker 2: The problem with that is there's videotape of Bloomenthal saying that he was in Vietnam.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's amazing that he went on to win, is still a US Senator and is regularly on committees where he lectures people about this and that about the military when he was out there completely lying about having fought in the biggest war of his generation. It's just that's the politics couldn't be worse, I know, and you hear crap like that. You people want more government, bigger government, the government to have more power, be in charge of more things. Who do you think the government is.
Speaker 3: It's Dick Blumenthal and many many like him.
Speaker 1: Unbelievable. Is incredible, That is incredible. I mean, there are really hum misplaced words. There are zero standards for anything. You get to lecture people about patriotism or honesty or the military this or that when you were out there completely lying about that. It's amazing anyway, whatever, that's an old story, that one that ship. That ship has left the station. What's interesting is that the guy still in the Senate and has power and people who just kind of let it go by the wayside. That's what I'm saying. That train has sailed. I mean that people apparently don't care about that. Well.
Speaker 3: And it's not like he claimed he played for the Dodgers. He claimed he served in Vietnam.
Speaker 1: Right, Oh, for God's sake, anyway, this was an odd moment with Ted Cruz and good hold Homespun, John Kennedy and Pam Bondi.
Speaker 2: And I'll point out Senator Kennedy has a new book about testing negative for stupid.
Speaker 1: So I hope I test negative for stupid. I hope I meet the threshold of you Do you meet it?
Speaker 2: And I'm talk in the book about the tattoo of the Backstreet Boys on your back.
Speaker 1: Look, I can't help that you don't want to reach young people. I think young people of the future, damn it.
Speaker 2: And I'll do whatever steps are being Backstreet.
Speaker 7: Boys that would be on Vice President Vance's playlist.
Speaker 1: I heard that got hacked yesterday. Yeah, yeah, like I said, just entertaining us all get out. Wow. Wow. So to the topic of the hearing.
Speaker 3: I've been trying to decide because there there is a certain amount of the Justice Department weaponization that's more open and aggressive than it's been in the past. On the other hand, there's been plenty of open aggressive weaponization of the Justice Department in the past, just the media ignored it.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I mentioned, agreed it. I don't think I'm allowed to post it. I know I'm not allowed to post it. But so Mark Halprin in his newsletter a couple of weeks ago, when this story first bubbled up, he laid out all of the lawfare that has gone on from the Justice Department at the behest of a president since the early nineties. I mean, it's just a common thing. It doesn't mean it's good. It's just getting more and more common over the years. And you know, it's more blatant now, but it's been happening for a very, very long time. It is not a new phenomenon, right right.
Speaker 3: And it's difficult as conservatives because the referee is on one team's side, meaning, you know, the mainstream media. Although it's worth repeating every so often that if you're under forty, especially, you do not get your news from mainstream media.
Speaker 1: You get it online from TikTok and and whatever the algorithms feed you, which is probably worse. But anyway, Yeah, so you have the refs just calling penalties on one side, and I can't. There's part of me that thinks, you know, Trump is almost doing us a service by bringing this out into the open and saying, all right, you did it to me, now I'm going to do it to you. How do you like it? Because if sanity prevailed, if there were adults in charge, we'd all say, okay, all right, everybody, it's time to back off. Let's all agree this is unproductive, it's bad for the country, blah blah blah.
Speaker 3: But I don't think those adults are in the room anymore, with especially with the greatest Satan, perhaps the greatest devil that was ever unleashed on the American politics. Small dollar donations online, you get nothing donated to you for saying, hey, it's time for us to remember our principles and and and this weaponization of the Justice Department or the justice system.
Speaker 1: We need to have a high bar separation blah blah. You'll get twenty dollars chi chain donated online. But if you say Donald Trump is hitler and he needs to be in jail somebody, you'll pour in. Or if you said I think you should die, and I'd crap on your grave, you'd take thousands and thousands of dollars, Yes, and you'd run for attorney general in Virginia. Yes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So I just I don't know where the salvation is. I don't mean to be discouraging. You are you're discovered. No, I am, Well I'm discouraged. I can't help it. So I'm going up the media big clowns itself. Yes, and I want to mention this every hour.
Speaker 1: So one of the lead stories everywhere is how lots of flights are being canceled or delayed. Uh, and then they're going to talk to people in airports. Yeah, my wife had to drive up and get me because they canceled this flight blah blah blah because the air traffic controllers government shut down blah blah blah, without ever mentioning they haven't missed a paycheck, they haven't missed a set yet. If they're not going to work, it's purely a political move, all right, It is not because you can you can have the air traffic controller on there talking about child cared. I got kids and my wife and house payment cover. You haven't missed any money yet, all right, and not until the fourteenth when the next check comes out. Has anybody missed a dime? That's an important part of the story in my opinion, right right, yeah, So that excuse me.
Speaker 3: Also, we need to get to some of the more serious speeches and chants at the pro Hamas rallies around the country yesterday on the anniversary of the brutal murder, torture, rape, abduction, slaughter of innocent kids at a music festival. The side that did that was supported by lots of young people in the street, Queer's for Palestine.
Speaker 1: Among other things. The things they said, we'll get to that before long as well. Cool. All that's on the way. Got to put on my Dodger's at Dodgers play today at home. I got to get my Dodgers at I'm on the bandwagon bandwagon jumper. Fake fan boo oo a term I do not recognize fake fan as opposed to I don't know what that means. Why the Brewers are beating up on my cubbies. I think Brewers are headed for the World Series, but we shall see. It's not they play the games. Jack, not good for ratings, I'll tell you that. Uh no, no good Baal team though, So welcome to the major media. Be clown themselves. That's enough of that music, Michael is annoying.
Speaker 3: So I came across a couple of stories in a row during my rigorous preparations for the show today, Jack.
Speaker 1: That for some reason, that music and the circus and everything like that reminded me of the Jerry Seinfeld bit where he says, what is this? What is going on here? Right right? Describing the acts? Is anybody enjoying this? Katie mentioned to us off the air, Katie, are you a handy that her ex went to clown college or something? Yeah, he went to clown school. Your excellent school boyfriend went to clown school. He could juggle like nobody's business. Is that what attracted you to him? Or did he do this after you? Well, you dumped him and he just he went off on a bender and ended up in clown school.
Speaker 5: Oh.
Speaker 1: This was something I learned while we were dating, okay, and was that a red flag, as they say, it was just kind of it was more like a why didn't really any further? Was it an ongoing effort at the time? Or yeah? Was that in his hazy past? It was. It went to a bunch of different kind of like art schools, and clown school was one of them. Yeah, did he wear the college clown grad school? Did he wear use red nose, all of it? Well, he was committed. You got to admire that. Nice. You got a dream big? Yeah? Interesting, Well you wanted to be a circus performer as a kid, right, Jack? I did. I did, But I was a child. I was not a grown man, not a twenty one year old man. No, would he like put his hand upon his back and all of a sudden give a book of roses that was made out of a balloon? Oh yeah, and like thirty eight handkerchiefs coming out of his pants. You know it's crazy.
Speaker 3: Oh hey, speaking of Wisconsin, as we were, I roadied for a summer for a band called Jugular that with two g's and they played.
Speaker 1: Like, ah, what would you call like Kenny g Jazz, but more upbeat than that, more rockin than that, And had a couple of jugglers what a musical juggling act. Wait a second, is this a real story? And how if I've never heard this before? You roaded for a combination Kenny G juggling act? Well, Kenny G, if you had balls man? Yes? Yes? What? Yeah? And they were nice people too, and I near the year around listens to the show drank free beer. What was the audience like? They played music festivals like we did. They played the Milwaukee Summerfest but like middies women are walking to tie in which I had failed to make and I apologize for that. Who was digging these slightly more up tempo Kenny G with juggling act the Drunks in the sun? It appeared okay people in a music for us. They were very very good, but again more more like your fusion funk jazz kind of melodic. So Wisconsin was home of the Ringling Brothers, Barnum and Bailey circus summer. Uh, that's where they camped in the summer and getting ready for the year. And we went a couple of times, I think when I was a kid, and you'd watch them practice and do other stuff, and that that's where they would like, you know, it's like training camp for football teams was like training camp for the circus, And they would do their high wire act and they're juggling and all their different things. They're getting ready to yeh. Little did the bearded lady know that Bearded Ladies would soon be a diamond dozen poor confused kids. Anyway, Ah, sock to the media thing.
Speaker 3: You've probably heard the story about the des Moines, Iowa superintendent who turned out to be an illegal immigrant and a gun total nut, and also didn't have the degrees he claimed to. Well, the New York Times had a big featured story on it, and I thought, yeah, okay. The headline that caught me. The superintendent's bio seemed too good to be true. It was Ian Roberts rose through the ranks of American education with talent charman a riveting backstory. He was also hiding a shocking secret. I thought, oh, this is remarkable for the New York Times, and then I read their unintentionally self beclowning story.
Speaker 1: I'm going to read you the lead here.
Speaker 3: School district leaders in Des Moines drew up a detailed wish list when they set out to hire a new superintendent in twenty twenty three. They wanted someone who could increase reading scores. That's great, perfect prove the math skills of black boys. Why black boys in particular, Probably because they were bad.
Speaker 1: You'd think they would be worried about everybody. But that's fine, I get it.
Speaker 3: But in their three point description of what they're looking for, point number three is adhere to an affirmative action plan.
Speaker 1: And much more.
Speaker 3: Most of all, you've got a short list of qualities the person must bring to education, and item number three is adhere to an affirmative action plan. Wow, most of all, and well, ironically you know this guy's story. But most of all, des Moines Public Schools needed a galvanizing leader who could meet a moment shaped by the aftermath of COVID and the racial justice movement of twenty twenty. Wait a minute, Wait a minute, Why does any school district in America worry about affirmative action plans and the racial justice movement of twenty twenty. This is an indictment of des Moines Schools. Anyway, his application seemed almost too perfect. Spent most of his career in urban school systems.
Speaker 1: Charismatic HANDSID administrator, wrote books, gave speeches, boasted of degrees from brand name universities. His life story was compelling, an immigrant from Guiana who competed in the Olympics and spoke bluntly about his experiences as a black man in the United States. But then the next weird part, they were in love with this guy. I wanted to hire him. Ah, red flags would pop up.
Speaker 3: The district learned about a past brush with law enforcement and a misstatement on his resume about where he had earned a doctorate.
Speaker 1: He just completely lied about his degrees. How New York Times is that a misstatement on your resume? Wow?
Speaker 3: So did they do this story like apples? But the Moines officials moved ahead to hire him anyway. Yeah, that's the punchline to the story.
Speaker 1: As they found out that his PhD was fake and then he was a liar and scam artist and they fired him anyway, which is just crazy. Yeah, and they said he was a US citizen, turns out he was not, which to me is the least of the problems here. Yeah, in this story, it's just amazing. Then this story from Yes how much time we got Michael one minute? Can we jam this in here real quick? This clip from Stephen Pinker, it's really short, Hero to the left, Finker, Stephen Pinker on DEI. That's Clip ten.
Speaker 8: You know, I have nothing against diversity, equity and inclusion, but you know, as Voltaire said about the Holy Roman Empire, it was neither holy nor Roman nor an empire. And diversity equity inclusion is imposes an intellectual monoculture. It favors certain groups over others, and it has a long list of offenses that mean you can be excluded.
Speaker 1: Good for Stephen Pinker saying that out loud to an audience that didn't want to hear it, because that leads to the sort of crap you just heard with that Des Moines educator, and.
Speaker 3: He was clearly a DEI higher himself. Diversity means more Marxists, Equity means Marxism. Inclusion means including more Marxists. I didn't get to story number two in the media be clowning themselves the Wall Street Journal writing about the government shutdown. It is ironic and amusing. We'll get to it next hour. If you can't be here for next hour, grab the podcast. Subscribed to Armstrong and Getty on demand.
Speaker 1: Armstrong and Getty