Speaker 1: You are listening to The Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio Final Hour in this Monday. Great to be back. Gang's all here, ready to go, Fritzy, Minister of Humor, Seaton, Marv Pauli years truly the back room guys. We have a new poll question for the Final Hour. Steve Levy was part of the coverage of the Four Nations tournament. I enjoyed it, thought it was great. Goes back to if they're invested, it's easy for me to get invested. And came down to overtime and you had the stars. Now, the only problem you don't have the Russian players weren't able to compete. I don't know if the NHL has maybe a way to incorporate maybe each team gets to draft a couple of players. You don't let Russia represent Russia, but they're still in the NHL. But could you have maybe a draft where the other four nations get to bring in two of the Soviet players. Just a thought. We'll talk to Steve Levy coming up here in a little bit of the day. Brought to you by Panini America. The official trading cards of The Dan Patrick Show, Ricky Fowler and the Stars of the PGA Tour heading through Florida. They must survive the bear Trap and that'll be in the Palm Beaches Saturday and Sunday at three eastern on NBC and Peacock the Cognizant Classic in the Palm Beaches. I don't know the last time I was in the Palm Beaches.
Speaker 2: What about the Cognizant Have you ever played the Cognizant Day?
Speaker 1: I have not. I've heard about the bear Trap. I have not played the bear Trap, but I don't get to Florida to play golf very often. I have played Metalist where Tiger belongs, and that was that. You know, there's a lot of pros who I think belonged there. Nellie Corda, I think plays there. So out on the driving range you might be heading next to some big time star. Yes, Paul, you.
Speaker 3: Ever play a course that was so difficult it was not even fun?
Speaker 1: Yes, it's called Pinehurst number two. Pinehurst number two, that was not any fun. And uh, Pinehurst number eight was a lot of fun. Pinehurst in general is beautiful. Loved it, but Pinehurst number two it was mean. It was mean to me.
Speaker 3: It was you asked for an apology, Yes, the way out.
Speaker 1: Yes, I don't want a receipt, I want an apology, please all right? Age seven seven three DP show yees see, there's a what is that saying?
Speaker 2: It's like golf is a is the best way to ruin a nice walk through the.
Speaker 1: Woods, a good walk spoiled, a good rock spoiled the AAA or whatever. You pretty much lived that. Yeah, what was the other one? The reason why they decided on the name golf was because F was already taken, not four. It was f you was already taken. Might have they call it golf because that was taken? Okay, I probably say the other word more than I do four when I'm out there playing. I did play golf. And my son broke a window of a house that was on a golf course, and so we're, you know, the caddie goes, don't worry about you know, the golf course will take care of this. So my son blames the house for being in the way of his drive to the house. Right out it. He hit it as straight as you can hit it, but not straight where you're supposed to hit it straight to the house and create drive. And you heard this, hush, and we're thinking oh my, and the cadie goes, you broke a window, so we have to drive up. Caddie, I said, can you apologize for us? And you know, let us know if we.
Speaker 4: Have to pay.
Speaker 1: So can you go over there and say sorry for us? Could you made me say that you lighted us up incorrectly? And he said, don't worry about it. So he walked over apologized. The guy came out of the house and beautiful, you know house and these big, beautiful picture windows, and he says to my son, hey, you want to get your camera or you get your phone. And my son goes why and he goes, well, you come on over, you take a picture in front of it. So my son went over and took a picture in front of the window that he shattered on the golf course. But it wasn't for it was just not for insurance. It was just, hey, if you want to show people that you broke The guy could not have been nicer. And but my son the rest of the day, you know, I go home. I told my wife, I say, U, Jack broke a window playing golf. The house was in the way, I go The house was not in the way. I didn't break a window. You broke a window. These kids nowadays? All right, combine later this week and the Rams are saying to Matthew Stafford, go out there and see if anybody really likes you, and then report back to us. And then you wonder, Now, this is what I'm always interested in, is the dominoes. If let's say Stafford goes to Pittsburgh, hopefully they get a better offensive line and a couple of weapons, what do the Rams do? Does that impact what the Vikings do? Are the Vikings going to sign up Sam Darnald? Do you franchise him? If you're the Steelers, would you be more interested and interested in Sam Donald? What do the Rams do if they let Matthew Stafford go, they don't get Sam Darnald? Are they interested in trading up? So that's what's always interesting for me, is this happens. That means that could happen, which means that could happen. And this is a situation there with Matthew Stafford wanting to get paid. Now he's he's a great in the pocket passer. But we saw with the Steelers, even with athleticism with Justin Fields and also with Russell Wilson Junior, the third, you're you got to be on the move there and unless that offensive line and Bill Belichick talked about that during the season on McAfee where he talked about the line was just not that good and I can't count on Pickens. So is that a Maybe the destination is for the money. But you got to if I'm the Steelers, what does Matthew Stafford give me? If we don't give him what he needs to succeed. That's really the tricky part. Matthew Stafford is an upgrade, but only if you upgrade your offensive line and receivers. And his season in LA was was okay, it was good. Twenty touchdowns, eight interceptions. Okay, I mean you gotta you can get that out of Russell Wilson. But I don't want that. Do I want Kirk Cousins. He's going to be less. You know, he's the guy who doesn't have mobility. Donald has some mobility. Is he still twenty seven? I think he's been twenty seven for the last three years. You know, Sam Darnold's only twenty seven. His age always accompanied him like Aaron Rodgers. Age always accompanies him certain athletes. Yeah, yes, Martin, but.
Speaker 5: Wouldn't upgrade for the Steelers be Russell Wilson with an offensive line that's better.
Speaker 1: And some weapons. Yeah, I mean I would go with Justin Fields. But that's only because I don't there's there's nothing, there's nothing going on with that offense. Now, if you get you know, a true quarterback, then I don't need Justin Fields. The problem is you haven't done that.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Do you think the Rams are hoping someone gives a big deal to Stafford for two years so they could tell their fan base. We made an offer to him, We made a gentleman's offer, a good offer, and he went elsewhere, like pin it on him.
Speaker 1: I don't think they need to apologize for anything.
Speaker 3: They're a little close to. They were a little close to the super Bowl to blow things up.
Speaker 1: I know, I thought they were going to beat the Eagles. I thought they were. That was a game winning drive.
Speaker 3: If they had a worse season this year or didn't do anything in the playoffs, it'd be easy to move on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they became and you know, I know there were people who thought that they were a legit playoff team, but they were more than that. Like you go to Philly in the snow, and you have the ball with a chance to go to the super Bowl. One or two plays, all of a sudden, you're kicking the extra point. You're playing in the super Bowl. But you know they're probably looking at Matthew Stafford and saying, do we want to pay you fifty five million dollars? He wants the going rate.
Speaker 3: He's just.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I wouldn't pay I get it. But who's desperate to pay for that? Like the Giants aren't ready to win? Matthew Stafford want to walk into that, Like where do you want to go? You know, going to the Rams? The Rams had, they had talent there and he was the missing piece. Now where are you going? It's not like he can go back to the Lions, because he'd be like, hey, you know, they'd be a good team to play for right now. But I'm curious about Stafford because he can still play a couple of years. Aaron Rodgers is going to get all the clicks, Like everybody wants to talk about Aaron Rodgers just because Aaron Rodgers brings clicks. But you know, is he going to end up in Vegas for a year? You know, because if I'm Tom Brady, Tom Brady has known Shador Sanders a long time known Dion. He's worked with Shador Sanders, so he knows what he is, will he be there and what Tom draft? Does Tom want to draft him?
Speaker 6: Now?
Speaker 1: A lot of times those who play aren't very good at assessing those who play. Sometimes you're just great at what you do. Michael Jordan prime example. He could play. But you know, when I think about the guy who could play, who could then pick out talent Jerry West, he had an innate ability to be able to go that guy that guy, and not many of them do. But I think that'll be That'll be interesting what Tom's role is in what kind of quarterback he wants for that team.
Speaker 3: Yeah, PAULI, I have a quick NFL game for you based off a couple quarterbacks you mentioned. Okay oOoOO oo has made more money up to this point in their career, Kirk Cousins or Matthew Stafford. It both made a lot. Both have done very well, very well. They're not hurting.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna say you're gonna go last in Oh, Okay, Todd, I'm gonna say Cousins, Seaton. I think it's gonna be Stafford, Marvin Stafford I'm gonna go Kirk d Cousins.
Speaker 3: Matthew Stafford has made more by fifty million dollars. Kirk Cousins has made two hundred and ninety four million. Now Kirk has a lot on the way of guaranteed money. Kirk could finish at four hundred and eleven million dollars. Matthew Stafford up to this point has made three hundred and sixty four million dollars.
Speaker 1: But if the Falcons when they cut Kirk Cousins, then nothing's guaranteed. Though, can't they get out from.
Speaker 3: I don't know if they can get out of twenty twenty five that I have to check. But Matthew Stafford three hundred and sixty four million in county.
Speaker 1: But wouldn't you want to I don't know. Maybe his wife doesn't like La. I don't know. But and if if it's that, then I get it because I've read where maybe she is the one who not pleased with La or once out, so I want to be fair with the story. I don't know, but man, i'd play for a discount if I could play for the Rams, play half my games in that building with that coach, with Puka Nakua Williams is my running bank. I kind of like that because if I'm looking at the options, like can he go to Tennessee, no Steelers, maybe Raiders? Is that worth it?
Speaker 7: Well?
Speaker 1: I look that. I think he's only only thirty million or something. I don't think his salary is prohibitive.
Speaker 3: I think he's twenty seven million.
Speaker 1: Okay, Yeah, so that's a bargain if you can get him. But that's why he wants a new contract. Rams don't want to give it to him. Adam in La Hi, Adam. What's on your mind today?
Speaker 6: Hey, good morning, DP Dan.
Speaker 7: That's happy Monday. Welcome back, op be guys all enjoyed your vacation. The NBA All Star weekend is as worse as an NFL on sidekick, as both are currently constructed. The best of the weekend was the Lakers breaking that win street or that losing streak to the Denver Nuggets, Luca playing well. That was good to see, and then worse the weekend. You've been talking about it all morning. Stafford obviously still in the trademarket. Who is going to move off of a first round pick? I saw all the teams that are up there at the top ten, none of them are ready to win, So I mean, that's that's tough to move off of a first round pick and then pay fifty million or whatever he's asking. Rams are ready to win now, as you said, it's a good team.
Speaker 6: They were close.
Speaker 7: I actually thought they were going to come back to them there against the Eagles too, So they are ready to win. I don't know where.
Speaker 6: Else he's gonna go.
Speaker 7: And then where will they go to some compete saying all.
Speaker 1: Right, thank you, Adam. And if you're the Rams, are you expecting a first round pick from Matthew Stafford? Because if I'm the Giants, I got the number three pick. I'm not giving that up for Matthew Stafford. Like you're in a division with the Eagles and the Commanders there are they're already playoff teams, a super Bowl champion team, and Dallas may may get it right one of these days, but they may. Are we hoping that they do? Is it better content when the Cowboys win or when the Cowboys lose? Lose?
Speaker 8: Dodd, I'm gonna say shockingly that it's a hybrid. It's it's they looks like they're gonna win.
Speaker 9: They're gonna do Oh no, and they crash and burn just when everyone thought they were gonna do something right.
Speaker 1: Seaton els okay, okay, love it, Marvin Losses for sure. Yeah.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 1: It feels like we've been telling the same story over and over and that's not interesting. I kind of like when they get to the playoffs and then this Astro Packers game close to the sun? Yes, or the forty nine ers game? Was it? Didn't they have a couple of them?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, let's take a break. The Four Nations tournament was awesome. Alexander Ovechkin ready to close in on the great one. Steve Levy will join us little hockey coverage here, what Steve Levy DP, give me your give me your Linda cone impersonation? Tom?
Speaker 9: Did you see what was going on there? USA Canada overtime Thursday night? Why are we talking about the NFL and the NBA All Star Game? For crying out loud, it's all about hockey and my Mets.
Speaker 8: What are they doing?
Speaker 1: Home run?
Speaker 9: New players? Home runs?
Speaker 1: No, give me your Linda Conan person.
Speaker 8: That's me? What what already?
Speaker 9: For Nations?
Speaker 1: Fains? Take a break, We're back after this. Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at Foxsports Radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app. Search FSR to listen live.
Speaker 10: Hey, Steve Covino and I'm Rich David and together We're Covino and Rich on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 11: You could catch us weekdays from five to seven pm Eastern two to four Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and of course the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 10: Why should you listen to Covino and Rich.
Speaker 11: We talk about everything life, sports, relationships, what's going on in the world.
Speaker 10: We have a lot of fun talking about the stories behind the stories in the world of sports and pop culture, stories that well other shows don't seem to have the time to discuss.
Speaker 11: And the fact that we've been friends for the last twenty years and still work together. I mean that says something.
Speaker 10: Right, So check us out. We like to get you involved too, take your phone calls, chop it up.
Speaker 11: As they say, I'd say the most interactive show on Fox Sports Radio, maybe the most interactive show on planetar.
Speaker 10: Be sure to check out Cavino and Rich Live on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio app from five to seven pm Eastern, two to four Pacific and if you miss any of the live show, just search Covin on Rich wherever you get your podcasts, and of course on social media that's Covino and Rich.
Speaker 1: More phone calls coming up in this Monday Best and Worst of the weekend. Got to watch a lot of the four Nations face off tournament. It's a lot of fun. But once again we've talked about this with the NBA. Can you have the United States against the rest of the world. I think it would be interesting. And if you get to see that documentary on the Olympics and you see Joker and how passionate he was they won the bronze and he was so excited winning the bronze and losing the gold medal, but because he was with his fellow countrymen. I don't know if you could get that same kind of patriotism in different parts of the the world. But if you're the NBA, and I know maybe we shouldn't link together the NHL and the NBA, but the timing of it, and one was successful and one was once again not successful, I think you have to Steve Levy, the spn NHL play by play man and host Sports Center host as well. All Right, leaves. How did we get to this four nation tournament? How did it come up? And how long has it been kind of in the works, not that long.
Speaker 12: Dan, We needed a spark, I think I think people have grown tired of the All Star breaks for all the corporate sponsors and those kinds of things. I think the skills competitions of all getting old, and I think we needed some kind of spark. I think we saw the and I say we, I mean the NHL Hockey saw the Olympics on the horizon and let's do something. So that's the amazing thing about this four nations But I.
Speaker 4: Think that this is a one off.
Speaker 12: I don't think we ever see four nations again. This was a stop gap, despite how successful it was. NHL has already said they're gonna do World Cup of Hockey and that could be eight eight nations, eight countries.
Speaker 4: So I think this is a one off.
Speaker 12: I don't think we see four nations again in this in this exact format with the Olympics next year.
Speaker 1: Do you think that's a mistake.
Speaker 4: No, Listen, the.
Speaker 12: Only downside and we're really nitpicking because this thing was unbelievable, you know, made for television, gimmicking. We obviously got the right matchup in the end, in the right places.
Speaker 4: There are still some great players.
Speaker 12: I mean, if you want best on Best, you know, Alexander Vetskin's not there, David Pastronak is not there. These are you know, outstanding players. There's five or six other guys. And listen, but this could have gone This could have gone awfully wrong.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 12: We could have had the Finns and Swedes, and while they hate each other, they despise each other at least as much as American Canada does. I'm not sure nine point three million people would tuned in the US.
Speaker 1: I was wondering about this if they did this again. Could you see where there was a draft of Russian players. Each nation got to bring somebody just so I can incorporate some of these great players. And maybe you don't want to recognize Russia, but you still have to recognize the players who play in your league. Could you have something like that? Would that work for these names?
Speaker 12: Something absolutely, because you can't do another one of these tournaments without those guys. It's not then Best on Best. The draft is an interesting idea. I hadn't heard that. You know, we've done World team before, right, So everybody other than you know, US Canada and so and so. I want to give Greg Wshinsky credit because he writes to ESPN. I don't know if it's his idea, but he told me about it. He broached the idea of a summit series. So we can just get the US Canada, okay, and are assured of that. And the nineteen seventy two Summit series of our age Dan when whber Paul Henderson scores the goal that had a best of eight and it was simply Canada against the uss R.
Speaker 4: I don't know how I got the best of eight. How that works doesn't make any sense.
Speaker 12: But things were different than seventy two and so just because the US Canada thing was so good. But I'm with you, we need to incorporate everybody, and right, have two spots, right, you want have two roster spots for you know, players who are not American or Canadian or something along those lines. But I think we go to five or six or eight nations and you hope for the matchup we got in Boston on Thursday night.
Speaker 1: Steve Levy of the Mothership Seaton, what is the poll question with Gretzki and Michael Jordan.
Speaker 2: Whose legacy is more cemented Michael Jordan or Wayne Gretzky.
Speaker 4: It's a good question.
Speaker 12: I think I think it's Gretzky's is more cemented because there is now the fair argument of Jordan Lebron And I don't think it matters how many goals Alexandroveitchkin scores. And no one will ever say that, you know, someone other than Wayne Gretzky was the best hockey player of all time unless you live in Boston, which then you say it's Bobby or I get that well, Pittsburgh, Mario Lemieux. But I don't think there's any real argument other than Wayne, Whereas in the NBA now there seems to be a legitimate argument.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you look at the cultural impact of Gretzky, and I liken it too. Now you have Caitlin Clark who is opening up the entire United States for WNBA teams. Now all of a sudden, you have Boston once won, and you know Portland, and Gretzky did that when he came to Los Angeles, the fact that there was going to be hockey in Florida, and people are like really, but that's because of Wayne Gretzky.
Speaker 12: And the amount of youth hockey rinks that exploded and opened up.
Speaker 4: And I mentioned Bobby Orr.
Speaker 12: You know all over Massachusetts people went wild for Bob Yor and all of those things. And yes, Wayne Gretzky, Anaheim, obviously, Los Angeles, all of these those southern states. You know, for a long time you had a team in Arizona that didn't work out, but in the desert they were playing hockey. And the great example of that is DP is you know Austin Matthews. So he grew up in Arizona. He was at the game where Ovechkin scores what is many believe was the greatest single regular season goal of all time on his stomach, on his back.
Speaker 4: Twisting around.
Speaker 12: Austin Matthews is in the building for that game, for that Coyotes home game, and so whatever spurred him on, and so players are then exposed to it.
Speaker 4: The Caitlin Clark, it's a great example. You get seer her on TV.
Speaker 12: She's in Subway commercials and sure all state commercials and all these insurance commercials, and yet it has to capture the imagination and young people watching. And that was the great thing about the four Nations two to go back to it, Like I heard from so many non hockey people, Dan right, and I mean, you know NFL types, people who would never give hockey the time of day, and we're watching it and fell in love with it. And I go back to the fights and people won't like this, but I think the Kuchuck fights on the Saturday night in Montreal, the three fights and nine seconds really made the turn look people would have watched US Canada. I get that, but that attracted a certain crowd. I know people were calling their buddies. You gotta put this on with the hopes of maybe seeing it again, which we didn't. But I thought the fights had a great impact on the television.
Speaker 4: Rating and whatever.
Speaker 12: You're a hockey person who cares whatever it is to get you there. And now can the NHL harness that momentum. We had great games yesterday and the day before on ABC two and not going down and now here it comes down right. Here's the outdoor game in Columbus, little Ohio state Michigan flavor for you. Here's the trade deadline and the run of the playoffs and what I think is the best postseason all of sports. So can this momentum keep going?
Speaker 1: Why did they fight right away?
Speaker 12: So there's this story that they had a group chat, like on a text chain that the Canadians, of course, are now making fun of after the tournament was over.
Speaker 4: But the two ku Chucks and JT.
Speaker 12: Miller who were out there, they had a chan, Hey you go first, No, I'll go first, you go who's gonna go first? Right, I'll take the first guy, you come after me. And it was, you know, it was like right out of the Bash Brothers for the you know, the Mighty Ducks movie, right it's and it was wild. I think they caught the Canadians off guard. The Kuchucks they loved being the villains up in Canada where they're booing the American national anthem. And although that side show is definitely going on and plays a role, and I think the Kachuck Brothers shook the place up.
Speaker 4: I think it shook everything up.
Speaker 12: It got everyone on board in Canada and back down, and you know, they won one of the fights, at least to think, but it seemed to galvanize the whole tournament and bring it together. And if you're asking, you know, who's the base of hockey in the US. You know, I think now it's I think it's Matthew could chuck and and the downside of the four nations, Dan, And this is you know, the only the only negative to this whole great tournament. We don't know when Matthew's coming back. He plays for the defending Stanley Cup champs, and you know there's talk he might not come back this season. So you know, you want you don't want the All Star Game where the guys aren't trying hard. But when guys are out there killing each other, you get where you get real injuries. Shay Theodore hurt himself, Vegas's top defenseman, uh and they're Charlie McAvoy at Boston. We don't know when he's coming back. So that's the risk versus reward in a tournament like this.
Speaker 1: You ever been hit by a puck while on the jump.
Speaker 12: On the job, No, I have not, because I've never been in that in between spot between the benches.
Speaker 4: But I played back in the day, Dan, I was a feared center.
Speaker 12: Ice really led my team in penalty minutes every year now wearing the full cage of course to protect the money maker.
Speaker 1: As you know, you want to protect your hair. Steve still looking all right, it looks pretty good for.
Speaker 4: Not sixty, let's put it that way.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, that the hair looks like it's sixty or so.
Speaker 4: Just happy to have some quite frankly.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I remember in the day though, on Sports Center. Yeah, yeah, you had you had good moss.
Speaker 4: It was darker.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I had mine. I think mine was puffier.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Did you do that on purpose or no?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 1: And I don't know if it cost me a job at Fox, but I I interviewed for their pregame show, and I was with David Hill, then president of Fox Sports. We're in Arizona, super Bowl big, you know, secret meeting. I'm gonna I'm gonna join Fox. I'm gonna be there pregame football guy. And I meet with David Hill having lunch. I think it's going great. And then he says two woods fo yeah, cream rints, and then he got up and left. And I didn't know what that meant other than cream rints, you know, to condition her to keep your hair, you know, from getting too So I said to my wife, She goes, how did it go? I go, I don't know. He said two words to me at the very end, it goes Cream rants and she goes, oh, he's probably making fun of your hair. I go, what so I didn't get the job.
Speaker 4: I wouldn't have gotten the joke either. By the way, at that time.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm thinking it's a legitimate meeting. He's he's quiet, he says, oh random by everybody on the dais you're really really well liked. You know Howie loves you and Terry and I go, okay, are good, I'm good, all right, all right, two words fail you cream Rance never heard from him again.
Speaker 12: I think that's changed over the years, because bald seems to be in now. Bald seems to beautiful. A lot of successful bald guys on to you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, you know. I if I look like MESSI, then I would do it right. But I don't look like MESSI.
Speaker 4: He looks great in a helmet.
Speaker 12: He's still got that great farhead too, you know what I mean, forehead forehead, he's looks he looks tough man back in the day. You want to google a guy international play too. By the way, google some Mark Messier for you. Elbows and just taking people.
Speaker 1: Out, okay, okay. Gretzky's the greatest score of all time. Yeah, it's he the greatest player of all time.
Speaker 4: I think he is.
Speaker 12: And uh, you know, sitting next to mess mess just can you imagine being the second guy Dan all the time like your entire life, Gretzky Messia, you know what that kind of and and mess defers to Gretz Actually they have such a beautiful relationship because every time and I watch Grets on TNT all the time, and he always the first guy. He throws out of what Mark did for us, what mess did, Messier did for us, And they've got this great thing. And maybe that's part of a hockey there's no ego, you know, and team and all about the team and all that thing. I have heard that that Messia is considered the greatest leader in all of sports, which is quite the compliment. You know, the weighty see on a hockey sweater that you don't see in the other sports.
Speaker 4: But no, I think grets is the greatest player of all time. I don't think there's any.
Speaker 1: Question yager best hair of all time.
Speaker 12: You know, he's still playing Dan, He's still playing competitive hockey.
Speaker 4: That's crazy. You want to see thighs on.
Speaker 1: A guy, Buddy, no, I don't, not really, but but but thank you though. Thanks you hockey pants. That was my nickname in high school, Big hockey Pants. I didn't even play hockey. That was big hockey Pants. Great to talk to you again.
Speaker 4: Always a pleasure.
Speaker 1: DA thank you.
Speaker 6: Leaves.
Speaker 1: That's Steve Leaving SPN NHL play by play now four nations. I didn't realize when we're gonna do it again. Damn. I thought we were gonna, you know, be able to troubleshoot this. Let's fix it, make it work. Let's see a couple of phone calls. Here, we say goodbye to Steve Levy. We can lose. There we go. That's how we do it. Steven Burbank, Hi, Steve, what's on your mind? Hi?
Speaker 6: Six one ninety seven. And I was just going to say two quick things. I think if there was ever a People's Choice Awards, you guys would win with your ratings. I mean all across the country. That would be awesome. I want you guys to win with me. And you always got to do this before a critique. But you were mentioning, and I'm a big RAMS fan that they're all play away from the Super Bowl. Actually they're a play away from the NFC Championship, the NFC Champion.
Speaker 1: You're right, all right then, thank you, thank you clarifying that for me.
Speaker 6: E me.
Speaker 1: Let's see what else do we have? Kurt in Colorado? Hi, Kurt, what's on your mind today?
Speaker 4: Bed Dan?
Speaker 13: I've got a best of and worst of all within about a thirty second span.
Speaker 6: So I have four boys I drive.
Speaker 13: In school every morning when we listen to your show, and I think they love it, like they're engaged with it. So they didn't have school, so we're out of our normal routine and they're like, hey, Dad, can we watch DP? And I'm like, well, they're off this week. They're like, no, no, no, there's a new episode. So I run down to the TV and they turn on Dude Perfect and so they're associating DP with Dude Perfect, not Dan Patrick. So I don't know, you guys have to capitalize on this, either an og dp's shirt or you challenge the Dude Perfect guys to pick a ball or whiffle ball shooting skills like all that type of stuff.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think they're two good athletes. They're a lot younger than us. Similar logo to US. I believe but thank you dude. Perfect.
Speaker 2: Yes, that sounds like a parenting failure if you ask me, Kurt, you should be doing better at teaching your kids, you know, like do.
Speaker 1: A screen you know where you're doing a presentation, point out who we are?
Speaker 3: Low chart?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yes, marm.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I do that with my son, like no, no, no, ice Cube is and a guy from Are we there yet? Let's listen to straight out of comptence. Son, We're gonna let her.
Speaker 1: Ice Cube based Okay? Are you listening to all of ice Cube the Predator all day?
Speaker 8: It was a good day. He got a beat from.
Speaker 2: Kim Is you know what she could do all night?
Speaker 1: Is there anything going on with Drake and Kendrick since we last left? Is there? Didn't Drake just put out a song that went number one or something?
Speaker 6: I know?
Speaker 8: So he says, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Now I start feel sorry for a guy, probably a billionaire, seems to be doing okay, but man, like, this is twenty eight to three, but you don't come back from twenty eight to three. This is this is when the Falcons actually win forty five to six. Yes, yes, business, you got to keep it going. Though they're both laughing all the way to the bank. You think Drake is laughing.
Speaker 3: Not currently, not the past mind.
Speaker 1: I don't think he was at the Super Bowl, No, I don't think he was going look at that.
Speaker 2: And then he released an album and you're like, all right, guys, let's just like move on. Okay, let's just I got a new album.
Speaker 8: It's come on.
Speaker 2: I'm you know, doing all this beef stuff. I'm not really okay, timm Chers for kids. Let's sing now. Oh now you want to sing?
Speaker 8: I bet you do. When eight thousand people sing a minor, Yeah, I'd sing too.
Speaker 1: Take a break. Last call for Phone Calls, What we learn once in Store Tomorrow. Right after this, be sure to catch the live edition of The Dan Patrick Show weekdays at nine am Eastern six am Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio WAP. Last Call for Phone Calls, What we learn Once in Store Tomorrow. Got the latest Draft Kings. Odds to win the NBA Championship This year, it's the Thunder and the Celtics pretty much neck and neck. Third best odds to win the NBA Championship, Marvin, I'll go to.
Speaker 8: You Cavaliers Blue up.
Speaker 9: There you go.
Speaker 1: Here's the okay this is surprising. Thunder and Celtics are pretty much neck and neck to win the championship. Then it's the Cavaliers a distant third, and then after that the Nuggets way down but there in fourth, and then the Lakers in fifth. They're not great odds, so it's really a two team race with maybe the Cavaliers coming up on the outside. Here I got updated odds. Since it is spring training to win the World Series, Todd, I'm gonna take the Dodgers out of this because they're the overwhelming favorites. New York Mets. The New York Mets are fifth on that list, the Atlanta Braves. Then it's the Yankees, Phillies, Mets according to DraftKings. All Right, this day in sports history, what we learned. Woody Harrelson I think is going to join us at some point this week. Has a movie coming out on Friday called Last Breath, and I went to see it yesterday, and it's about divers. They're called saturation divers. So they go three hundred feet down in the North Sea and they're there for a while out at sea, like twenty seven days. Then they have to spend three days decompressing or four days decompressing, but they're there with the like the power grid is offshore and you have to go out there. Occasionally there's a group of them divers go down. It's a true story based on a true story. Guy is down there with his partner and the umbilical cord for his oxygen snaps has a backup tank and so he has ten minutes of oxygen and the ship is bouncing all around they you know, they they're trying to find him and he's got ten minutes and you know, some of the footage is pretty crazy of it. What what was going on there? He ended up going thirty minutes without oxygen, but didn't suffer any uh, you know, repercussions after that. And then the doctors still aren't sure why because they're thinking the temperature and the depth of where he was did not affect his brain. But it is a true story. So what he Harrelson is on his last mission. He's with this group, but he's the one who's in the module, you know, bringing up their rope or their tubes or whatever it is getting them in And so, uh, what Harrelson I think is going to join us at some point this week?
Speaker 3: Yes, point, So not to spoil, but there's a chance of a last breath too, is what you're saying, because it sounds like a franchise.
Speaker 1: Well, the fact that it's a true story. The guy ended up going back down in uh three weeks later, you know they they went back to finish up their mission. But you can read about this guy. It's in north Sea, yes, Tom, second to last breath?
Speaker 8: What do we do on the sequel?
Speaker 1: We got to an edge one more breath? Yeah, but what he's going to join us at some point, I believe. Now, I don't know. I don't know when he grew up in Ohio, but I know where I grew up and he grew up or lived is about a miles apart. And his school and my school were rivals, even though we didn't beat his school, but we considered them a rival. But he is five years younger than me, so we didn't if he played basketball, we didn't play against each other. But I mean, he would have remembered me if he played against me, that's for sure, And maybe he does. Okay, here's the question. Do I bring up the smoking pot with Woody Harrelson at his apartment in New York City with Darius Rucker. Do I bring that up? When do I bring that up?
Speaker 3: Hit the movie?
Speaker 1: Okay, then go right there.
Speaker 8: Look at a breath.
Speaker 9: It's hard to breathe if they smoke a lot of pots.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you have to know we're gonna call it last hit.
Speaker 4: Done.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Jo. How about this day sports history?
Speaker 3: There's always a lot of Wayne Gretzky this time of year. Nineteen eighty, Wayne Gretzky became the first NHL player to score one hundred points of the season before the age of twenty. In eighty two, Gretzky scored goal number seventy seven to break the record of seventy six by Phil Esposito. He finished with ninety two goals and two hundred and two points two hundred and twelve points on the season, first player to get two hundred and more points in one season.
Speaker 1: Team USA in nineteen eighty beats Finland for the gold. People always make that mistake. It feels like, hey, when we beat the Russians for the gold. No, that was to get into the final to beat Finland. Nineteen seventy eight, Kevin Porter set an NBA record twenty nine assists in the nets went over the Rockets. Yes, Mark, No, who's Kevin Porter? You don't remember Kevin Porter.
Speaker 8: I don't usually better about stuff like that.
Speaker 1: He was just one of those guys who knew how to play basketball. I don't know if he had. He wasn't big, wasn't fast, It didn't feel he just he knew how to find the open man, GrITT and grind, good ball handler, first one in, last one out. No no, no, no, no no, not Kevin Porter. But he could play. Is that still the record? Twenty nine assists? Now?
Speaker 8: I think Scott Skyles got it.
Speaker 1: Gritty, gutty, Scottie skilesh great to be back. Have a great day, everybody. We'll talk to you tomorrow.