Speaker 1: I'm Tari's Mexi and you're listening to the seventy six Ers Insiders podcast.
Speaker 2: This podcast is part of the seventy six Ers podcast network, presented by Stern and Cohen Law.
Speaker 3: Search seventy six Ers Insiders wherever you get your podcasts. Suffering an injury at work can cause physical pain, but also great uncertainty about your rights. You need to retain a worker's compensation law firm that is a winner like our Sixers, a firm that gets some of the best settlements, but is also willing to go toe to toe with the insurance company. No settling on the cheap. This is Philly. We have grit and fight in us. Call the workers Compensation Law firm of Stern and Cohen or visit their site Sterncohenlaw dot com. The consultation is free. Stern and Cohen are the official partners of the seventy six Ers. They'll go ring the insurance company's bell the Parks Casino postgame show. After a one seventeen one oh five Sixers loss in Miami to the Heat, I'm Matt Murphy. Three games after this result for the seventy six Ers in the twenty twenty four to twenty five NBA season. They're twenty twenty four to twenty five NBA season. One of two NBA games tonight other than Sacramento and Detroit Miami in the play in Tournament in the East as the tenth place team in it, but jockeying for position in those play in games where home court does matter as it always does in postseason play. They win the season series against the Sixers for nothing, as the Sixers have lost twelve straight game games right now down the stretch of this season, the leading scorers were on the Sixers side, though, before we bring in Tom McGuinness, Lonnie Walker the fourth twenty nine points and Quinton Grimes with twenty nine points. But the Heat controlled the fourth quarter by twelve. It was a tie game going into the fourth, and they outscored the Sixers thirty four to twenty two. And let's try to connect with Tom McGinnis before four, trying to hear from Sixers coach Nick Nurse and Tom what in the fourth quarter was ultimately the difference for the home team.
Speaker 2: Well, when you look at the numbers, Matt Robinson had twelve points in that final frame, and three of them were three. So you talk about like a basketball sniper, he certainly qualifies.
Speaker 1: And I thought where was really.
Speaker 2: Good, and so was Kyle Anderson, right, I mean, he just like it's amazing how he can get in there, and like you think of like especially like the polar opposite the quickness of Mitchell, who was also good. Hero made some big shots. So they just come out and you know that. I believe they hit the Sixers with a ten to five run to start the fourth and the Sixers never got back on track, and so Miami just a little sharper in every area and they turned it up a notch, which we've seen, I mean in this span of a dozen games, you know, like and obviously the Sixers are a little bit out match that. I think that part's understood. But like you go back to the Indiana game, the Sixers had the league. They they led up by twenty five. In that game, they played really well against Milwaukee and literally Minnesota, and then you see these teams like ratchet things up a little bit and oftentimes that's the difference. And I felt like that might have been the case. That and the shooting of the heat as mentioned with how they played in the fourth.
Speaker 3: And you know what Tom Duncan Robinson fourth quarter, three threes, twelve points and a three point play, So all four of his baskets were plays that resulted in three points. He led them with twenty one off the bench. Tyler Hero had twenty. On the sixer side, no Justin Edwards and Gerson Yabu Slee Tonight among others. It did feel like the late season rotation was starting to gel more. But without Edwards and Yaboo and others, Kyle Lowry was back. But one trend that we've seen is the connection between Jared Butler and the Dean Bona.
Speaker 1: Right, no doubt about it.
Speaker 2: Butler's had some really nice moments, right and I oftentimes to start the game and he's looking for Bona. And that was evident on the other side too, where you know Miami was certainly looking to get.
Speaker 1: The ball to to wear.
Speaker 2: And you know, the sixers I thought disrupted some of those lob plays. But you know, we've seen that throughout the NBA. I mean, I believe it or not. Going all the way back to the like some tiny Archibald, he was able to get into it. He was a guard, a left handed guard from New York that played, amongst other the Kings of Celtics. Not no reason to go into but I mean drible penetration by guards getting into the link and when that's a threat, and then you get a big coming in because someone's helping. That's been hugely successful as a tactic. We've seen it with Trey Young. Here comes coach. We'll let this first question. If you want to play out, pick it up. Quinn rhyme, nick nurse.
Speaker 4: Seeing the lights out? What was the kind of the process to get him to shoot like that? Just give him the nurse pill and put a blue lineup and let off a bunch of reps every day.
Speaker 5: No, no, no, he came in with that. He's just getting a lot of opportunity and obviously really confident, creates space.
Speaker 6: I think.
Speaker 5: I think I love the scoring. I love the shooting. My favorite things are the hard drives to the basket, eight rebounds, been asking him to to rebound the ball from that position a little bit, and competitive spirit so he just you know, he gets gets on his little runs. He gets pretty hot there, usually at least once or twice a game, and he did it again tonight.
Speaker 7: Another guy who played well was Lonnie Walton. I mean six of what thirteen for three? I mean, it just seems like it. There was times in the least the first three quarters where he was like, you know, keeping you guys in the game, doing making clutch shots.
Speaker 5: Yep, it's good. Good to see I think, almost a career high for him. I think tonight Keith. But again being able to find I mean a lot of those three were kind of his generation, you know, kind of shaking guys down looking at him, jabbing dribble, you know, making them from that he did. He did was a beneficiar of some good swing swings as well, But again like great, we need we need the shooting. For sure, probably would say the same thing. I know he's capable of taking the ball to the rim a little more, and I know he's capable rebounding more. You just going to keep keep after him about that. But it's great to see him kind of kind of make a bunch of three, take a bunch and make a bunch tonight for sure.
Speaker 7: Yeah, what have you really learned from him? You know? And again I know when the NBA comes calling, you go, you answer. But it was one of those things where he was in France. He didn't. He just took the clothes that he had. He came right and then you know, when he had the concussion, he was itching to get back, and then he also messed up his heel and he was like, hey, I'm coming back. You know, there's some guys that nowadays is like, well, hey, I gotta do what the doctor says.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 7: You know, this guy just seems like he's eager and or whatever. He can you know, to play.
Speaker 5: Yeah, for sure, I think that a couple of things. He's a hooper, loves loves to play. He's a score. He can he can score. But you're right, I think he was probably very surprised that he ended up in France, and I think probably a lot of people were to start the year that he didn't, you know, kind of land on a on a roster. He's you know, he's been a pretty good score in this league for a few years. But I think, you know, I talked to him a couple of times and he says he's very appreciative of being back and wants to make the most of it, for sure. So I don't think there's anything little injuries aren't going to stop him.
Speaker 6: That's for sure.
Speaker 7: Obviously obviously it's the twelve losses in a row.
Speaker 4: But and when we all know what it is that guys are so banged up, I mean, I guess, like, what's kind of the mood like with the younger guys, like amid all of the tough results.
Speaker 5: Yeah, listen, I think that the results are one thing. Obviously there it's no fun, that's for sure.
Speaker 6: But the spirit, the effort, the fight is outstanding. The prep, the focus, all that stuff is outstanding. They're they're they're doing everything they can to play as well as they can.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 4: Coach jere Bubler, Yeah, is a guy who you know impacting the four and all phases tonight, you know, not as aggressive in terms of scoring his past games. How do you but he had forced deeals. How do you, you know, try to get him to be more consistent being aggressive.
Speaker 5: I actually liked him tonight a little better. To be honest with you, I think I think his job is to is to read the plays, and tonight there was there wasn't a ton of opportunities for him in the.
Speaker 6: Pick and roll.
Speaker 5: There was a couple of lobs, but most of the time the play was elsewhere. And as the game was going on, we were talking about that a lot. To just keep making the right play and what's available out there. Yeah, he'd like to turn the corner, go lay it in like everybody, but they're just you know, there just was. The paint was crowded and they were sending bodies and he just had to make.
Speaker 6: The right play.
Speaker 5: I thought he, I though, did a great job of keeping us running, keeping us executing. I know, would he have six points, eight points, whatever, But it was one of his better games, even though the scoring was down. I thought he played one of his better games.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Matt Murphy and Tom McGinness here after the game. Miami won seventeen, Philadelphia one oh five in Miami. Three games left in the season. Lonnie Walker the Fourth had a great one tonight for the Sixers, tying Grimes for the most points in the game at twenty nine and with three games left, Tom, I leave you with this. It's Washington on the road on Wednesday, and then Atlanta and Chicago at home for the Sixers. What are you looking for? Where does Lonnie Walker and his performance kind of maybe stack up for what you're watching down the stretch?
Speaker 2: Well, again, like you almost have to consider, you know, like in other words, guys you're going to score. But again he's he's a scorer, and you would obviously I don't know if he's going to get twenty if it was a career high. I don't know if you're going to see him rack up that kind of performance, you know, in the last three games. But to shoot the ball consistently and all the things the coaches look for to get other guys and what he kind of was talking about with Jared Butler, and that's not just for point guards, but to make the right play. And I think that you know, as coach said that Grimes has always found a way to kind of get hot in a game. He wasn't maybe hot early that first half. I believe he was zero for four from three, but got going there with three threes in the third. And that's quite a combination with both those guys getting twenty nine points. You don't see that very often. So for Walker just to kind of keep it going a little bit, because you know, like this is a stage of his career where I would think for both he his agent and you know, hopefully it's for the sixers where he gets a chunk of time where he's a role player and a productive instant offense type player off the bench. I guess he could be a starter, but you know, you want to be able to see him guard and be able to hold his own against some of those prolific perimeter players that you'd be paired with if you're going to play big minutes in the NBA. Things like that. But his coach said, overall, you know, this group has done a really good job. They just they're outmatched and in the end that chose in the final tally. But you know they're giving it a go and certainly certainly have their moments in phases of these games.
Speaker 3: By the way, when Keith Pompey was asking about Lonnie Walker, I believe it was a vacation in France. He was playing in Lithuania, but there was a break in the EuroLeague schedule for his team and then that opt out clause. There was only a few hours left when his agent called him and said it's going to be your hometown seventy six ers. So the close in his suitcase was what he had during his break over there.
Speaker 1: Where's that Luxembourg angle?
Speaker 3: Luxembourg's Alex Reese's journey to the six Er. Oh yeah, Lonnie Walker. Lithuania, Yeah, Lithuania for Walker. But the Redding Native game tonight and Wizards against the Sixers in Washington on Wednesday, Tom, we'll talk to you then.
Speaker 1: That's tomorrow night at Nationals Park.
Speaker 3: Are you doing the busman's bus Man's holiday?
Speaker 2: Definitely going?
Speaker 1: Yes, I was the only person going too awesome.
Speaker 3: Well, enjoy and Sixers on Wednesday.
Speaker 1: Thanks Tom, all right, Murph, goodnight.
Speaker 3: Three games left, last road game Wednesday and then Atlanta and Chicago at home this weekend. Tonight in Miami, it was the Heat one to seventeen, the Sixers one oh five, despite the twenty nine points from both Walker and Grimes. We'll run through this one from start to finish, with a few highlights of Tom's calls mixed in. After a break. We'll also go through the box score and select a stat of the game before signing off. One seventeen, one oh five Heat. You're listening to the seventy six Ers postgame show presented by Parks Casino, The Sixers and the Heat on the NBA schedule tonight from Miami. Welcome back to the seventy six Ers postgame show presented by Parks Casino Miami tenth in the East, locked into the East play in Tournament, and held a three to nothing season series advantage against Philadelphia coming into this one. The Sixers on an eleven game losing streak heading into their second to last road game of the twenty twenty four twenty five season. We're about to hear how it sounded, Matt Murphy. Let's jump right into the audio highlights from start to finish with Tom McGinnis on the call. The Sixers and the Heat in Florida. The Sixers in their royal blue icon addition uniforms on what was a City edition night for the Heat at home in their white Vice City edition unis that have light blue and pink accents. The Sixers with their fifty third different starting lineup here in Game seventy nine. Ten players out, including Albucele for personal reasons, Justin Edwards with the rib contusion that kept him out of the second half. On Saturday, Miami without six players, including bam Adebayo and Andrew Wiggins. So the Sixers starters were Jared Butler, Quinton Grimes, Lonnie Walker. The fourth Marcus Bagley, making his first NBA start and a dem Bona. It was a good start for Bona and the Sixers. Jared Butler with the lob for a six point lead in the first quarter.
Speaker 1: Butler lob about a jam is good? What a play?
Speaker 2: A damn bone a way up top with a two hands stopped and the Sixers lead fifteen to nine.
Speaker 1: What a feat and what a dog. Boner went way way over the.
Speaker 3: Rib two of his nine first half points. Lonnie Walker, the fourth had nine points in the first quarter for the Sixers. There's another one of those highlights from that pick and roll combination, that alley oop combination Jared and Adam coming up in our second quarter highlights. But right after that one in the first quarter, Miami had a twelve two scoring run that was capped off by Tyler Hero.
Speaker 2: Sixers follow up at a quarter crimes. It's all all upside. Don Larsen shoots for three. Remy No pitched a corner of the back court of Miami with it. Hero hops across midcourt with a dribble, turns on.
Speaker 1: The gas down the lane up and goes.
Speaker 2: Tyler Hero with it and the Sixers will take time out as Miami has gone up by.
Speaker 3: Four twenty one seventeen became twenty nine to twenty eight Miami after one. Hero was the second leading scorer for Miami tonight with twenty points in thirty three minutes. He missed their previous game, which was an overtime loss at home to the Milwaukee Bucks. The Sixers were down one heading into the second on the road despite shooting sixty percent from the field in the first quarter, but they only had two threes compared to five for the Heat in the second Lonnie Walker the four step back fashion. He was the leading scorer in this game's first half.
Speaker 2: Lowry to Castleton to the right side, Lonnie Walker the fourth behind the back step backs. Who shot of the right wing is in Walker the fourth delivers He's four for eighty leits of Sixers and to that better everybody in the game of eleven points and the Sixers cut it to.
Speaker 3: Eight forty four to thirty six. It became sixteen first half points for Lonnie Walker, the fourth. That was after a ten to nothing Miami run. Another big scoring run for them early in the second quarter after the Sixers scored the first basket of it. And here's that other alley oop connection in the first half between Jared Butler and Adem Bona. This one was thrown to the ceiling by Butler and things got pretty wild after.
Speaker 1: To the Sixers till it flap a dem Bona. He crashes him on a slant from Biscay Bay oh Man.
Speaker 2: Jared Poler with another spectacular play and then they call it t Natalie Sego bringing the party to a crash sheet home hoh Man. She called the technical one a DEM for hanging.
Speaker 3: On the rim fifty eight fifty one heat at the time. A DEM's final line tonight was a double double, sixteen points in the game, eleven rebounds, three blocks in thirty five minutes as the starting center, seven for eleven, shooting from the field, two for four at the line, from down seven there to down eight at halftime sixty one fifty three. Jared Butler's final line was eight points and four assist. He also tied a career high with four steals. Starting in the backcourt for the Sixers with Quinton Grimes trailing sixty one to fifty three at the break, but five minutes into the third Philadelphia forces a Spolster timeout after cutting it to three and then out of the timeout, a Den Bona blocks a shot in Quinton Grimes pulls up for the tie.
Speaker 2: Missed by the Heat Sixers with the ball, grinds with poll A three six Ers with a field goal. Quinton Grimes, he's a streaky scored, so he's on a roll right now. He's got twenty his third three here in the quarter, and the game is tied. It's seventy one.
Speaker 3: Grimes scored fifteen of his twenty nine points in the third quarter, made all four of his three pointers in the third, and from seventy one to seventy one, well, that was the score in a quarter that they would ultimately win by eight thirty twenty two to tie the game through three at eighty three. They shot six for eleven from three in the third, the Sixers led by Grimes as four of six after a one for eleven three point quarter in the second when they were out scored by seven, so things evened out heading into the fourth quarter. In what was Lonnie walker the fourth best game as a seventy six er, will get to one of his career high tying three pointers. But speaking of threes, Duncan Robinson, it's what he does for the heat, and he had twelve points in a fourth quarter that the Heat controlled the heat.
Speaker 1: With Robinson on the perimeter, he fakes, he shoots a three, Is got a dagger.
Speaker 2: Dick Nurse takes time out ninety three eighty eight high archy threes by both himI hawk Is and Duncan Robinson in the Heat up five ninety three to eighty eight.
Speaker 3: It was Robinson who was their leading scorer, one point better than Hero Robinson in twenty five minutes off the bench twenty one points. He was seven for eight from the field, five for six from three, made both of his free throws, three threes in the fourth end an and one three point play conversion twenty one points for him put them up by five. The Sixers wouldn't go down just yet. Lonnie Walker, the fourth, tied a career high tonight with six three pointers, and this one cuts it to fourth.
Speaker 2: Derek Spolstrik right to orchestrate their defense. Lonnie Walker for three and that's it. He's got a career high six may threes. He's got a career high twenty nine points, and with that, the six is making a four point game.
Speaker 3: His Sixers' best was previously twenty five points twenty nine tonight for Lonnie Walker, but a thirty four to twenty two fourth quarter in favor of the Heat gives them a one seventeen one ZHO five victory to improve to thirty six and forty three. The sixers twelfth consecutive loss brings their record to twenty three and fifty six with three.
Speaker 1: Games to play.
Speaker 3: Philadelphia shot forty three percent from the floor, thirty two percent from three, and sixty eight percent at the line, compared to fifty well fifty one, forty four and seventy three for the Heat.
Speaker 1: Khalil Ware.
Speaker 3: Had a career high seventeen rebounds with nineteen points. In the apps sense of bam Adebio, they often start side by side, but where with Adebio out had nineteen and seventeen. His scoring high as a rookie is twenty five, so not a scoring career high, but on the glass and his opponent in the circle at dem Bona on this double double night, so double doubles for both centers sixteen and eleven for a dem they're crediting him with seven dunks in this game the Sixers. Those were their three players in double figures. Grimes, Walker, and Bona. It was six players for Miami. Alec Burks had eleven, Pela Larson had twelve, and Davion Mitchell had twelve points with a game best nine assists in addition to the other players that we mentioned. Big game coming up for Miami. They'll be in Chicago Wednesday when the Sixers are in DC, and we've talked so much about the play in tournament that this game brings them. This win over the Sixers brings them within a half game of the Bulls. So if they line up in the nine to ten game, the ninth seed has home court. Now Miami's within a half game of Chicago four to ninth and plays them on Wednesday, that'll do it for this edition of this seventy six Ers postgame show presented by Parks Casino. Again, the final score of the Miami Heat won seventeen the Philadelphia seventy six Ers one oh five. Thanks to our producers Matt Manrick and Sean Rodman, and of course Tom McGuinness on the call. The Wednesday Sixers game is a seven pm Eastern road start against the Wizards in DC. Our coverage here on the Sixers Radio Network presented by Jackpot City Casino will begin at six point fifty Eastern with Sixers in sixty before that on ninety seven to five The Fanatic. Until then, I'm Matt Murphy. Thanks so much for listening. Three games left in the Sixers season, Washington away Atlanta and Chicago at home. Will catch you Wednesday for the Wizards matchup.
Speaker 1: Take care