Speaker 1: Welcome in everybody to Fantasy Bros. MLB. This is Leading Off Live, brought to you by Bet three six to five bed five bucks get one hundred and fifteen bonus bets when you use the promo code to leading off. It is me Joey P. That of course is the Welsh, and it's you, the Peanuts, the Cracker Jacks. It's a fun Friday. It's the second of August. A lot to get to today in the world of baseball and Welsh. Yes, this is the final Joey P Leading Off, but it's not the final leading off. I wonder everybody take a deep breath. We are a team here. No one man is above the team, and it's certainly not me. So I hope all the Peanuts and the Cracker Jacks everybody hangs out six round for the baseball coverage. I know Welsh has got some great ideas he's gonna be doing in August and September, especially for all of you folks who are playing dynasty and starting to look ahead till next year. So we're gonna have your cover for the stretch run of your playoffs. And Welsh, speaking of stretch runs, we are looking at the Orioles finally bringing up prospects. I was hoping today we get Unior Camanaro. That was my one homes Like, okay, the last day that I'm here, we finally get him. Yeah I was wrong, right, you know, I finally got him. But Jackson Holliday not the only guy who looks like he is back with the Orioles and by the way, hit a home run yesterday. But Kobe Mayo apparently is on his way as well. The twenty two year old prospect, the nine sixty one oh ps, twenty homers and triple a Welsh. How excited should we be?
Speaker 2: We should be pretty excited. I mean the reason this happened, unfortunately, is not exciting because Jordan Westberg fractured his hand. I think it was so at least, if anything, it just pressed. It is really weird, like the prospects. Someone asked yesterday, like we can have more prospecting segments. I am going to do some in August after this week, So I want to see what the weird is, Like, why is Junior Cameron Aro not up? It still doesn't make sense. Why was Kobe Mayo not up? Outside of a glut of other you know, like really good prospects or guys that they don't believe in. Hester kirstaid, Hey, he's doing good and he's gone. Goodbye Kobe Mayo though, even though I know they have the awesome Ramon Urias twenty homers hitting over three hundred so far in triple A, double digit walk rate. Strikeouts have been a little bit of a problem, and I think that might be a little bit of the worry. I think the Jackson Holiday early struggles with how much he struck out. That might be in the back of their minds. But Kobe Mayo is a big power bat, probably gonna hit six or seven in this lineup. He's an absolute must pick. There's not a lot of prospect must pickups. There were two. It was Junior Cavanaro and Kobe Mayo. Those are without hesitation. You go out and you go and pick up and then you see how it rides out. But yes, we should be very excited. This is great. The big prospects are finally there for the Orioles and we're just August second, Joey's longest he's been on leading off, and Junior Cavanero is still not here. So that's the only one that we're.
Speaker 1: Still going well. Kevin or didgo two for four with a three run homer. I imagine we're gonna see him soon. I mean even the sarcasm been some places when they, you know, report his notes and news is starting to get pretty hilarious. Who would you rather have in a Dynasty League? Though? From everything you've seen and all the work that you've done in the last couple of years on these prospects, Mayo or Caminaro?
Speaker 2: Who is who is the preferred camon Aro? I have cam and arow at two on my on my rookie ranks right now. So and by the way, I'm undergoing a couple of things. I've got my prospect updates, my Dynasty updates I'm working on on my Patreon. But also I've been doing my P one ADPs, which I think you've known about, the prospect ADPs, where I create an ADP system for prospects. And cam and Aro is still going two or one in all of these, so he's going to finish out with an average draft position of two. Mayo is in the top five. Those are all just like you know, ranking type of areas, but I like cam and Aro has less of a strikeout problem than Mayo has. He's got all fields power. I think it's a plus plus bat. I think Mayo is a plus bat, but with maybe some strikeout issues. You know, the best case scenario is he could be like a Riley, which is phenomenal. But I think you can look at Cameron Arow and you can say this could be a first round overall talent with where it could end up going. So I'll go with Cameronaro for the slight edge on the plus bat. But again, like these are the dudes, I just I gotta be honest with you. I did not think August first. I didn't think August second you'd be here. But also I did not think that Kobe Mayo.
Speaker 1: But we thought Junior Cavanaro.
Speaker 2: I thought Junia Camanaro Mayo would have been here by now, so that I am surprised about.
Speaker 1: Sorry, disappoint everybody. Jerry, by the way, is right. It's almost time for the Rainforest Cafe with Andrew Rickson tonight. We had to adjust a reservation though because delays for Derek Brown. I don't think he's gonna make it to the cafe today, so we're gonna have to hit the cafe a little early, which is probably a good idea. We want to hear Sion nuggets and then we'll get him home. By the way, it feels like a rainforest in New Jersey day It's like ninety degrees and the ammility is like one hundred and one percent. I don't know if that's possible.
Speaker 2: I do a football show with Andrew Erickson, who is taking a train here very shortly. He might be on the train right now on his.
Speaker 1: Way to you. Oh, he's on the train right now.
Speaker 2: And we were talking because the whole Rainforest Cafe is kind of built around him. This is what he said to me. I was like, what are you gonna get? He was just like, oh, I probably get something just really normal. I don't want my stomach to be bad and everything like that. I don't get anything crazy. Like they probably serve there, like you know, like I don't know if I could order like kangaroo. And I was like, hold on a second, do you think the Rainforest Cafe serves kangaroo? Eric said, I'm like, it's a Chili's with a bunch of animatronic like leopards, so it's not it's not a big thing. They don't serve. I don't know anywhere that serves kse Well.
Speaker 1: There is something, he says, kangaroo burger, but I don't know if it's made of kangaroo. That's the qrush like it's not. I don't know.
Speaker 2: It's not made of kangaroo. They're not serving kangaroo. It's just the name.
Speaker 1: Not.
Speaker 2: Did you think they served kangaroo?
Speaker 1: I don't, and I just don't know if Andrew does, and I don't want to disappoint him. I'm looking right now. I'm trying to look at some of the things. Uh, let's see. Uh the jungle steak and shrimp.
Speaker 2: Do you think that's made a jungle the It might.
Speaker 1: Be, it's possible. The anaconda pasta, I don't know if it's got real stake.
Speaker 2: You kind of don't want none unless it's got.
Speaker 1: The Uh. There's something with lava in it too, and it's not John, Oh, be.
Speaker 2: Careful that one might burn the top of the mouth.
Speaker 1: Gotta be real, real careful. Speaking of some of the young players, Max Meyer was backing about four runs and five innings and a loss to the Braves. That with the Braves and Olsen and Alstin Riley both hit on runs yesterday, but still good to see Max Meyer up now. Projectability next year for Max Meyer is really the question here, Welsh, because I think with all these things we're gonna talk about on the show for the next few months, it's really about going forward. It's not so much that you will be talking about not so much meaning but more you. Uh. But if you want me and watch together out of Bounds Me Welsh and Bogman every single Monday. Now that podcast is dropping over on the main feed out of Bounds Joe Welsh, Bogman. It's gonna be amazing. So you check that out if you can't get enough of us, and I'm sure you can't, but that's going to be starting this Monday, So look for that in your podcast feed and get over on the main Fantasy Pro feed. But Max Meyer, what is his upside in twenty twenty five considering the way he's been managed in twenty twenty four, Like, is this somebody that you think is going to be a middle rotation guy next year, back end spot starter guy or is he still too much of a work in progress?
Speaker 2: Maybe no, I don't know. If he's like a work in progress. You see highlights you like see these moments. It always stands out to me. When I interviewed Nolan Gorman a long time ago, he said Max Meyer was the nastiest pitcher he had ever faced, and that's always stuck out to me. And you can see the flashes early on he had in that game, and then he just started, you know, unleashing homers and stuff like that. I think the work in progress will go away as long as we see the stuff tick up. Because this stuff was down in this game that he just had. Slider was down a full mile prour, sinker was down almost two miles prower, and the fastball was down about a half mile prour, and it just didn't have the big whiffs. His slider's always been his big dominant pitch, but we need his fastball to be sitting up. It was sitting ninety three in this game, ninety four and a half. If he's just you know, he's further removed from Tommy John, he's a little bit healthier, he's got less of an innings limit restriction going into next year. I think he's a great dynasty buy right now because you're gonna get to see middling results where his stuff is wavering. Next year, I think he can come in and kind of pull like a Taj Bradley, you know what I'm saying, Like there might be a few little bumps and would be, but when it goes, when it goes, that's where I think Max Meyer's gonna go. It's gonna be like a tash. And think next year, by the way, it's gonna be like Sanuel Contra is gonna be back and you're gonna have hate, you know, if they don't trade Hazy's listener, like the rotation is gonna be a lot better. The team's still gonna stink. It's gonna just be Connor Norby's and Kyle Stowers and stuff like that. But you know what I'm saying, like, I think he's a good bye.
Speaker 1: Well look, if if that's what the upside is, then that's worth a draft stash and be patient. And I think it should be looking right now. The Amazon fajitas also interesting. The python pasta we uh, the anaconda pasta or the python pasta always in the possibilities of what you're looking. And there's also the volcanic cobb salad.
Speaker 2: Cobs and volcanoes. I actually have had snake, but I eight snake once, of course I know that it was literally there's this old West cowboy town out here called West World before everybody saw The Dumb Show and West and they had this restaurant in the middle of It's literally in the middle of the desert, full on cowboy town, and it was like two years of living here and I had to order and eat rattlesnake. It's good.
Speaker 1: Jerry's saying, the volcano salad's good.
Speaker 2: Right as you're alive. There's real volcano.
Speaker 1: So did you like the snake?
Speaker 2: Yeah, the snake was actually quite good at the But I.
Speaker 1: Remember Donnie's in the chat. I want to know if cousin donnie's eating snake yet, because.
Speaker 2: He's gosh almost like, oh no, you're right, you should have eaten snake. Then Donnie, let that that'll be next day, our next playdate. We'll go and we'll get you some snake.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Jose Ramirez two for three with two Homer. I'm sorry, but you.
Speaker 2: Look at that's the that's right there. I'm just totally sorry I interrupted you, But no, that's all right.
Speaker 1: Welsh never had Canoli's, but he's had a snake.
Speaker 2: Okay, sorry, let's move on.
Speaker 1: That's weird, That's all right. I just well, I know you want to go past it. Because Jose Ramirez hit another home run for me yesterday. That's really you were trying to bury the lead. That's what you're trying. I thought we were gonna get.
Speaker 2: I got a homer to Anthony Santander cash the total base and the home run. Mine was a little bit more fun of a name. But I will point out all I wanted was for you to not get that homer, and you would have your final day been finally knocked off that board. You've been on that damn board the entire year to your credit. There, you would have been knocked off I think had Jose not hit that, and that would have been just I think hilarious.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, since we're talking about the board, I as well take a look at the board real quick and see what it looks like.
Speaker 2: You would would the board, man.
Speaker 1: I got two words for you. Home runs. That's right, baby, Look at that still on the board on the last day here. From pillar to post, I believe is what they would say. Well, in the wrestling business, from pillar to post, I've been here, and I will give you my home run in perpetuity.
Speaker 2: Later in the show, Smudge.
Speaker 1: It doesn't It's not Aaron. It doesn't rhyme, and it doesn't rhyme with.
Speaker 2: Moh, you know what me excited?
Speaker 1: There you go, Trevor Rodgers not so exciting. Five runs, four and a third took a big l again, interesting reclamation project age, size, left hand or all that stuff. But I still scratch my head. The Orioles. I think, crap the bed this this trade deadline. They could have gone out there and gotten a Flaherty or gotten somebody else and it would have been much better off for so if they don't win the World Series, you can look back and say, you know what, they should have gone after that picture to put him over the top, and they failed. So skeptical. Now I'm really annoyed at the Orioles, which is why I still bet the Phillies to win the World Series. So I guess I should be happier, you know on that. Speaking of no joy, Mike Trout is gonna miss the rest of the season. Another torn meniscus in the knee. Yeah, this is gonna be tough. I know, the general maners. Did you see the GMS quote yesterday. I've seen the look in his eyes. He's gonna hit seventy home runs next year. It's gonna be so he will. He's not gonna play seventy games past year.
Speaker 2: You're talking about.
Speaker 1: It sucks. It really sucks. It sucks for Trout, it sucks for baseball. But you know, this is one of the I guess it's fallen in the category of the what if careers? Right? I think, I know that's kind of like a miserable thing to be talking about, but it seems like that's where we're I don't know.
Speaker 2: If we're there yet, but I suppose you're right, Like, no matter what, even if he plays for six more years and gets the five hundred marker, blah blahi.
Speaker 1: More years, six more years, Oh no.
Speaker 2: I mean that that's equivalent to two full seasons over the six years. But what I'm getting at is like, like he could he could play through his contract to thirty eight. You know, he could get to five hundred homers and blah blah blah, but will still be like what could have been? I think didn't we do that with Griffy? A lot of people did that with Griffy towards the end.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: No, but Griffy still no, no, no, I know he was still amazing, but like, oh man, what if, like it could have done da da dut.
Speaker 1: Well what if? Griffy? Yes, but Trout is almostly more depressing what if? Because yeah, sure, a fourteen years in the league, three hundred and seventy eight home runs, a career, two ninety nine hitter for a two hundred twelve stone basis on his career, a career nine ninety one ops. Look, this is one of the all time great players. But you know, I get I guess here, I think he's a Hall of Famer. Would you agree, yes? By Trout? Yeah, sure, Okay, it's not that Don Mattingley's career. It's not that far off from looking like Don Mattingley's career. Mattingly had a little les of a peak than Trout, but again, you know, more speed for him, domatically a great defensive player too in his own right first base. And you know, I'm just saying, like I look at it, I go it's he's a Hall of Famer. I know you don't like to play the Hall of Fame game. I always like it. It's fun. He's a Hall of Famer, but it's gonna be one of those things where you look at it, it's more like the I don't know, like the Larry Walker Hall of Famers, and like those other guys were like, man, if they had stayed.
Speaker 2: Healthy, Yeah, no, it's a hundred. There's like no doubt it's going to be them. We should. If it weren't football season, I would have probably asked this because like, I'll take the L. What what a what a page turning L. The Mike Trout stuff was in fantasy too, from our preseason debate video where me and Pianowski kind of went at it and then me starting the victory lap. I started like getting my legs up like da da da.
Speaker 1: Going on that huge tirade about.
Speaker 2: It, and then me keep going, don runs. I'm like the joker at the top of the stairs, and and then I just fall and he's hurt and he stinks and everything was right and it's just large massive. I would have taken that L video for sure, because I'm out. I Am out for good. He will not be a top one hundred player ranked in the next season. Doesn't matter about how great his shape of his life is unless he's got robotic ham strings and a new back, and they rebuilt him out of Westworld. I'm not gonna be super interested. And let I mean, if we're being realistic, if the cost is like almost nothing, I probably will fall into it a la you know, Buxton and those type of things. But he won't be a top one hundred pick. He's just too risky. He's the most chronically injured player in baseball and it sucks for fantasy. What it really sucks for is dynasty. I own him in a dynasty league. I think he's untradeable because nobody will trade you anything remotely worth getting rid of him, Like what he can do when he's active, Like, what are you gonna go and trade him for baby? No, you're stuck. If you want him in dynasty, you're stuck. If you're gonna play the smart way I would. You just got to pray to God you can get thirty games out of him. I'm like, God, he looks healthy, and then you trade him. So dynasty is the worst. Next year it'll be a post one hundred. I might be laying it low, by the way, he might be one twenty five, one fifty, but we just can't do we can't do the Mike Trout thing again. I won't be making a case why he's you know, oh he's cheap at like fifty or sixty or whatever, which I did in the offseason. It's not worth the juice, is not worth the squeeze. It's bad.
Speaker 1: Here's this is fun. You know, Mike Trout is played fourteen years now, so I'm looking at him at all time home run ranks of three seventy eight, fourteen. Yeah, so he has he is fourteen years right now. He is right there with Jeff Kent seventeen seasons, three seventy seven home runs. The other guys that are kind of close in terms of seasons and home run totals. This is fun. You'll love this list. Albert Bell at three eighty one, Jim Rice at sixteen seasons, at three eighty two. Then you've got Ryan Howard thirteen seasons, so one season less than Trout three eighty two. Now, again, Mike Trout's missed a lot of time in these seasons, so it's relative. But Larry Walker, a guy missed a ton of time three eighty three with seventeen seasons. Then you got to go all the way up to Jim Edmonds seventeen seasons, three hundred and ninety three home runs, Joe Carter sixteen seasons, three hundred and ninety six home runs, and Dale Murphy eighteen seasons, three hundred ninety eight home runs. I will take this with me forever and ever. Jim Edmonds should be in the Hall of Fame. The fact that he was one and done on the ballot is the most absurd thing I've ever seen. He was one of the all time greatest defensive center fielders I've ever seen, and he's got more home runs than Mike Trout, and maybe he'll end up with more home runs of Mike Trout with the way things are going. All I know is that was a career that was literally one and done on the ballot. And I don know as a person. Maybe he's not the his.
Speaker 2: Wife was in Real Housewives or remember my wife watching it and she was like, yeah, just yea, this chick's married to baseball player and it was Jim Edmonds and he was It was not playing a lot.
Speaker 1: Of unlikable guys in the Hall of Fame. Okay, he's a Hall of Fame baseball player. But anyway, for those of you who like that stuff a little uh, you know, And I get power and speed, that's all fine. But Larry Walker is like he's he's more Larry Walker than he.
Speaker 2: Is King by the way.
Speaker 1: And I know that's gonna upset people, but I've gone full mad dog today.
Speaker 3: I know it's gonna make it crazy. I know I'm gonna make it a very offect. I know the people out there, I love Mike Trout. You love Mike Trout out there. I get enough Dan, But you know what, he's more Abouty Walker than if.
Speaker 2: If Mike wants to save his career, he needs to enter his dh era. Get him a get him a wrist, or get him a tailor. Percent this is his dh era. He should not touch the field anymore. He should just dh so then we're only worrying about running around the bases to hurt the hamstring in the back. He should not play the field anymore. If he has any hopes of playing five or six years like he is, he is literally falling apart. I feel bad for him. Like in his little message thing, he's just like, oh, I'm letting people down on whatever. It's like, No, you just like you like letting yourself down like you're you're hurting yourself here, but also like if your body is completely falling apart, just DH and that that is the way to revive this. And he could have his DH side of his career, which could maybe let him last those five or six years so he can get over five hundred homers. But if he goes to a DH only and they commit to that, I actually might get like a tiny bit more like, oh, maybe we can do this. But as long as he's in the field and he's every day working out there, it's just it's it's not gonna work. And he's not a fantasy option.
Speaker 1: Yeah, now man, now, Mike Trout, Uh, he's just for fun. Carson Fulmer remember him strut out eight guys and six innings yesterday against the Rockies. But still and Seth Lugo one of our favorite pitchers heading into draft season. I just want to like highlight their for a second, one run, eight innings is eras two five seven. He's been an absolute stud, one of the best returns on investment of any pitcher this year. Just shout out to you, rookie lokie time. Davison Del Santo's oh for two with a walk Thursday for Triple A Jacksonville. He did homer twice though since the trade happened last week, so just keep that in mind. He's up to thirty home runs now in the minor leagues. And speaking of guys we like that aren't in the major leagues, has some curious to have it get options to triple Z.
Speaker 2: So I also want to mention a couple other quick things just out of the draft. Christian Moore is already going to double A with the Angels. Christian Moore, who was taken in the top ten, they was eight out of Tennessee, Christian Moore is a stud I really like him. Is he hit his first pro homer yesterday. They're already moving him up to double A. Angels are totally gonna like drop Christian Moore into September into the majors. Just watch it. And I've been mentioned the tricky leagues where you guys are gonna have these rookies, these guys that were just drafted, and you're not going to see their production, and it kind of muddies the waters a little bit about the production we get to see. And perfect example of that is they are called the bridge leagues. We have the official name of it. They're called Bridge Leagues. They're going on right now. Jack Caglione taking six overall by the Royals, is playing here in unsanctioned games that you guys know nothing about. I'm going out tomorrow and I'm hoping to go and get to see while he plays some of these games that are not counting any stats, and you guys will have just no idea what they look like or anything. But hopefully I can get some Kaglion looks nice.
Speaker 1: Nice. My grandma was in a Bridge league. Let's go to three up and three down. Paul Golschmith three for five for the homer and at double Sonny Gray two runs, seven innings, struck out nine but the no decision of fortunately and Bobby Wood Junior again an incredible July, starting with an incredible August two, two for four with a homer and two rubies for him three down, show ta Imonaga four runs, ten hits, six and two thirds. Helsley was terrible three runs and two thirds of anything. Excuse me, blew the save there and kider Montero four runs and seven inc So no good for them. Some injury news to get to Walker. Buehler charged with four runs and three and a third. Matthew Boyd struck out five with stars with two runs, one earned over three and two Thursday innings in a rehab start. Tristan Kassas remember him one for three on Thursday in a minor league rehab contest. We're hopefully going to see him, I would think next week, if not by the weekend, perhaps we'll see more like next week probably Tuesday would be my guest Von Grissom to run Homer for him. He's also working his way back at Triple A. Wooster Wooster Tyler Molly is going to return to the rotation next week for the Rangers, so we'll keep an eye on a return date for that and Tanner Bibby's gonna have a start push back because the shoulder tightness, well she a little worried about the shoulder tightness.
Speaker 2: For Biden, the tightness, the tightness gets me a little bit worried, especially for that team and that rotation. They can't go and acquire any pictures. Don't like it, don't love.
Speaker 1: It, don't like it. No no boy, no, no fantasy.
Speaker 2: Okay, by the way, if you can right now, like try to trade him for equal value. See if you can, don't deal with the shoulder.
Speaker 1: Well, Bibby's been good. This something cropped up a couple of weeks ago with him too. Remember he had like a start bounced back a day or something like that. So we'll think good thoughts for ten or Bobby. Also, it's Friday, which means it's time for the best Bets a Day with Joey p and the Welsh. Make sure you are placing those bets over at bet three six five bet five bucks get one hundred and fifteen bonus bets when you do, only when you use that proo code leading off. So sign up today at bet three sixty five. Gambling problem called one hundred gambler or one hundred bets off in Iowa. Terms and conditions apply. Welsh, I'm gonna keep it simple here for Friday. Saint Louis Cardinals on the money line, Eric Fetti making his debut for the Cards against the Cubbies minus one ten. I like the opportunity here. I know they kind of crapped the bed of the bullpen last night, but some guys are starting to hit for the Cardinals a little bit too. I like this, so give me minus one ten on the money line for Saint Louis. Also, Brendan fought on the mound against the Pirates, starting to struggle a little bit there. Those Pirates fought coming off a great August excuse me, July run there. So they are on the money line a little bit heavier juice minus one twenty nine. But I still like it today. I think it's a good investment. And then Detroit on the money line too, Scooble on the mound against Reagan's. We've seen this one before, advantage Scooble. So if you're gonna make it tight there, I'm gonna go with school every single time. So that's Detroit, Arizona, Saint Louis, all three on the money line. You put them together in a parlay, who knows it's gonna be a huge night. Those are my best bets of the day for Friday, Welsh, what do you have with it? All?
Speaker 2: Right, let's go with Cutter Crawford strikeouts over four and a half. Cutter Crawford has definitely put up some big strikeout games over the last couple months, and I think we can carry it over into today. It's also one of the higher K projection overs over on Betting Pros. If you can check out Betting Pros the cheat sheet, the prop cheat sheet, it's one of the their favorite overs on strikeouts today. I've also got a money line play. I'm joining you with that Arizona one minus one thirty five with Brandon Fott. And then finally I'm gonna go to Atlanta on the run line minus one and a half at minus one eighteen Atlanta picking it back up and picking on other teams with that offense, I'm going to be backing Atlanta. That usually has not benefited me very well as of recent but we're still going with it. So Cutter Crawford Strikeouts over Arizona money line and the and the Atlanta run line for my best bets of the day.
Speaker 1: There you go, download the Betting Pros apps, think your sports books for free. Let's start betting smarter or not harder only on Betting Pros. All right, well here we go. Why don't you go first for your home run because your home run is for the weekend and mine is for the rest of the season. Let's see how she goes.
Speaker 2: What do you I think? I think I now have like, it's almost almost half of my homers I think are from Baltimore players with Anthony Santander jumping in. So I'm gonna go right back to it and go with Gunner. Gunner getting it's been a little bit slow the last couple of weeks, getting a few hits yesterday. I think he's gonna pick it back up. We're gonna take Gunner Henderson through the weekend to get me back up on the board a little bit, to maybe catch up with Joe. But the people want to know who is your perpetuity hitter for the rest of the leading offseason.
Speaker 1: Well, Welsh, there's one guy out there that is playing for a big ass contract this year, and when it's all over, he is going to get a big ass contract. My dude, Juan Soto, the one one. We're back to Juan Soda. We're going back to him. Everybody loves Judge. I see these props out there for Jud's gonnait sixty o runs. He's gonna hit sixty three home runs. How many over runs gonna had? Oh my god, Wan Soto rest of season, I think one Soda is going to have an insane close to the year. Somebody's gonna get out that checkbook, Welsh on of it's three hundred and fifty million, on it's four hundred million. I don't know what it's gonna be. It's gonna be a lot of check I know at the end of the day, I do have a checkbook because I have a business. I'm a businessman.
Speaker 2: Oh right and checked, Oh big joey pe written right, all right, check me.
Speaker 1: I have my own LLC AM A very important.
Speaker 2: Gotcha.
Speaker 1: But but I will say this, I do believe that Juan Soto is that pick for a reason, and he's gonna get paid. The question is is he a Yankee? I say no, I say somebody else is gonna pay more than the Yankees. And I do think it's gonna be.
Speaker 2: You're gonna say, where do you think.
Speaker 1: He's gonna I do? I've been thinking this, look ever since Washington was out on him. To me, that was uncle. If you're gonna circle a guy in Major League Baseball right as great as Otani is, you know, there's that problem with the you know, the elbow, and you know there's all that those issues and things like that. And he's a little older. Wan Soto is still pretty young, all things considered. I think people forget how old Jansoto is. Wesh, how old is Wanso?
Speaker 2: He's twenty six, twenty seven. I'm gonna go he's actually.
Speaker 1: Thirteen years old. Oh people, he's twenty.
Speaker 2: Five twicey even young? Okay, good lord.
Speaker 1: So yeah, So if you're gonna pay four hundred million dollars to a guy, pay it for a guy who the next ten years is gonna be the best player in baseball. So give me the one one rest of season. Where do you think Won Sota will be next? He stays.
Speaker 2: I think he stays with New York. I think the Yankees of maybe even oh. I think he's oh yeah, no, I know you do. But I think he says with the Yankees, I think they may have even tip their hand a little bit on like why were they not more aggressive? People getting pissy about the trade deadline? I think they want to have as much as they can, By the way, have some books clean, not taking on too much money or anything like that, because I think they're gonna unload for one Sodo he needs to be in New York. I think he's the perfect compliment to Aaron Judge. They can build around it, and I think that's what they'll continue to do. So yeah, I think I think there's gonna be a lot of money, and I think the money is gonna be close. I wouldn't be surprised if the Mets come in at the top, top dollar. But I think at the end of the day, like he wants his money, but if it's a matter of like ten million dollars or something like that over the life of the contract and he can stay with the Yankees, I think he's gonna stay with the The.
Speaker 1: Yankees are already at three hundred and five million dollars.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so what do they care? What do they care for any of the luxuries.
Speaker 1: To go to three forty or three thirty. I think they care, dude. I just don't think they're gonna do it. I think that's why they didn't deal Jason Domingez. And that's why they're going, Oh, this is what we're gonna do. We're just gonna kind of see it out. We're gonna bring in Jazz Chios and we can control him a little bit and Dominguez and we're gonna sell it to the people that way. That's what I think we'll see we'll see all you Yankee fans. We'll see if Garret Cole makes it too. By the way, would you think of general fatigue with Garret Cole earlier this week? Did you get a little yeah, a little bit. I mean like that would be the only thing better than Junior caman Aro big coming up, Garret Cole going to the.
Speaker 2: That would have actually been that would have been. It wouldn't have been like actually funny for a fantasy team of mine or two, but for like the show, it would have been pretty good. Yeah, I will say I think it's kind of in the middle of what we both said, like I'm not gonna take a total l and like that. I thought he could return as a top ten sp but you're just like he's crap and he's gonna be nothing. He's kind of in the middle of that right now. The general fatigue thing is not super great for the long term, but you hope this is just the one fatigue and it's not gonna be like weep every two weeks, gotta take a break. Hey, look at me, I'm Joey p can't be around in August. Look at Garret Cole. What gar Cole and Joey pa not have not doing baseball from working.
Speaker 1: I don't see him making two starts a day I'm hosting to her.
Speaker 2: Maybe he likes fantasy justin Steal does.
Speaker 1: Maybe well, you know, well, there's only one way to go out for today. Uh and before we go, we have to play once again. Shout out to our incredible production team, especially Michael Kelly who put this together. Let's play our song and then we'll say goodbye, should we quean man with stance and hands fail and no design?
Speaker 2: Crane of Sam Fantasy.
Speaker 3: Talking about diamond dreams, chas and players whispering their schemes.
Speaker 1: Oh wells breaking it down real so much in the radio.
Speaker 3: Talking monsters on the baseball field with it swinging his beast and magic shes Fantasy.
Speaker 1: Baseball in the nine.
Speaker 3: Podcast Skin enough that size locks and starts.
Speaker 1: You gotta love that, Oh Fantasy baseball. You know.
Speaker 2: The big question is gonna be all of the listen. By the way, it's so funny we're talking about this, like two more months of this show. It's just Joe's gonna be gone. But it is funny that, like I usually come on that last year, I haven't I have scheduled for that last show. Oh yeah, just letting you know, just letting you know you are scheduled for that. But it is funny because like we have briefly talked about it, but we we haven't done like a ton of it. But you know, behind the scenes, like we destroyed in baseball this year, Like what we what we've done lading up to today, murdered last year. So the big question as people are like, oh Joe's gone, doesn't want to check out or whatever, blah blah blah, it's gonna be can we annihilate next year? Can we Can we finish out this year strong as hell? And then can we just blow out next year again? Because we we made more of an imprint on Baby Spall then I think Fantasy pros is even ready to understand.
Speaker 1: Then anybody could have imagined. And the we is the royal we. It's the p that's the cracker Jacks. The people on our discord, the people use the tools. The people were here watching these two tools every day on this show. You guys are the show. We are the show together, it's our show. And I think that's very special, and I think that that's what makes this work So even if you have a bad day, you turn this on, or even if Fantasy Teams thinks and everybody's hurt, you turn this on. You feel a little bit better for a half hour. That's what we try to do here every single day, and that's what we're gonna keep doing here. We crushed, as Welsh's saying, the numbers that the people projected for us, and I'm so proud of what we're doing here and proving that baseball is something people still very much care about and will show up for every single day, and it's gonna be.
Speaker 2: And them not realizing how important like it has become. So here's what I will say. I am still here and I'm gonna be doing the shows with a Rico and Casey Bubba all through August September's gonna be a little bit like altered and everything like that, but the shows, we're still going to be here. So make sure you turn out big then, like I said, let's kill it into next year. So don't go anywhere, make sure you subscribe to the channel, support everything, and if you do want some Welsh and piece of Pia. A couple of people mentioned this in the chat. Not only do you go and subscribe to the Fantasy football podcast. You know, not everybody is necessarily a fantasy football Yeah, the Fantasy Football Fantasy Pros pod. But guess what do you actually want to find it? Go into the discord Fantasypros dot com slash chat. There's a join a free discord that is where we are going to be recording this show every Monday, Knee, Bogman and Joe you can just get in, you can talk with us, you can hang with us, and then it goes to the podcast. So Fantasypros dot Com, slash Chat, free discord. It's a way to keep track of us all year long. There's some other cool premium premium features. But guess what, you don't have to be premium to hang out with us on the show. So go and do that so you get your Joey and Welsh.
Speaker 1: You don't have to be stream to wild World.
Speaker 2: You don't have to be coop.
Speaker 1: To be hot. The season might be over for me, but it's not over all of you. And I'm telling you right now, it's not over here on Fantasy Pros MLB. That'll do it for us. But the story of the game goes on for the Welsh. I'm Joey P. We'll see you next time.
Speaker 2: Kill no no, no, great weekend, good.
Speaker 1: Joke, qiz, what a way to leave. Thanks for listening to the Fantasy Pros Fantasy Baseball podcast.
Speaker 2: If you love the show, the best freeway to support
Speaker 1: Us is by leaving a positive review on Apple Podcasts or Spotify, Follow us on x, Instagram, and TikTok at Fantasy Pros, and subscribe to our YouTube channel at YouTube dot com slash Fantasy Pros MLB