Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio News.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 1: Lisa Miteo, Time for stock movers. What do you got for us? Okay?
Speaker 3: I want to start with Advanced micro Devices AMD. Right, their series have been down as much as five percent. They're basically the main rival to Invidia in that AI chip market, and they really failed to impress investors with their revenue forecasts. Analysts had some issues with margins. The outlook investors, they were really betting heavy on the company. I mean, they did some big deals with open AI, with companies like Oracle, and they hope the hope is that they can finally get closer to Nvidia. The stock is more than double this year, so they're getting there. But the outlook show signs at AMD's payoff, Well, it might come a little bit slower than expected, and that's what investors didn't like. It's CEO started talking about it. She gave this projection to the market for AI processors ors would generate about more than five hundred billion dollars a year. But she said that the company they're going to give more detail details on their outlook. There's an investor meeting next week, so they're going to stay tuned for that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean talk. That's a perfect example of price for perfection AMD. Right, it's just hard to live up to that bar.
Speaker 4: The stocks double this year, as Lisa said, that's two hundred billion dollars of new Oulderwell shouts there.
Speaker 1: The numbers are just it's outrageous. But I'm looking at pinterest pre market eighteen percent down eighteen percent.
Speaker 3: Yeah, pins pis is a ticker. So this is basically the platform where you go to find ideas. Right, Like I bought a new home. I want to know how to decorate it. I go to Pinterest and I do and I search there and I look for all these cool pictures. It's like a visual visual search engine.
Speaker 1: That's what they call it. It's eye candy, it is.
Speaker 3: Yes, I do it so I can find ideas and I don't have that creative ide to decorate, So that's where I go. But the problem is that their revenue projections fell short, right, And that's sign that they're advertising business is not growing as fast as expected, and the company makes almost all if it's revenue from advertising, so that's big for them. They even launched this thing called Pinterests Assistant. It's their first like AI power visual first collaborative for online shopping. I haven't tested into that yet. But another issue that the CFO point is two was tariffs. I mean they say tariffs are impacting the home furnishing category and that could have a you know impact on them, especially with the holiday you know quarter coming up too. So that's the issue for them because you know, if more hire more furniture is more expensive, people are not going to look and they're not going to want to go to pinterest to look for that furniture. So people are going to McDonald's but they are yes, yeah, it's a turnaround because they were waiting for this, right take her mcd. Their shares a been up about one percent, but they did have the faster than expected sales growth in the US in the last quarter. They had comparable sales. US store sales increased two point four percent in the third quarter. The thing that really helped them out with these new deals and promotions, they were trying to get people back, you know, to this affordable option for meals. So they did things like they cut the price of certain combo meals. They offered this buy one, get one for a dollar items for like sausage biscuits and double cheeseburgers. Can you get a double cheeseburger for a dollar if you buy one at full price? So that kind of helped and it attracted people in. But what's interesting is that they're saying fast food restaurants like McDonald like Taco Bell, they're holding up better than the fast casual like a Chipotle, or say like a Cava or a shake scheck or things like that.
Speaker 1: Interesting sauce dissue. I guess, yeah, I guess.
Speaker 3: So they just said they they're having trouble getting that younger audience, like Chipotle was all about the young audience, like they got a lot of you know, the young tech brogs with the vests, and you.
Speaker 1: Know, there's been a backlash. There's Chipotle backlash though, yes, yes, yea, even with my own Wednesday. So I'm going to Chipotle on Third Avenue and sixty first.
Speaker 4: Street, so it's not Taco Tuesday, it's Chipotle Wednesday exactly. But if I were to go to McDonald's, i'd get what I got since I'm like fourteen and number two with a coke.
Speaker 1: Okay see and Jesus. And it's awesome every single time everywhere in the world you go.
Speaker 3: And it's starting to get a little bit more affordable because before that would cost a pretty penny, you know.
Speaker 1: For that big one is the cost of beef has gone crazy. Yes, so that's a real thing. Yeah, near a record high. It's just not coming down.
Speaker 4: Yep.
Speaker 1: Again. My solution make more cows that easy.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.