Speaker 1: Crime Stories with Nancy Grace.
Speaker 2: Bombshell Tonight, the so called Ketamine Queen, a jet setter out of la accused of selling Friends superstar Matthew Perry a fatal dose of ketamine that killed him. Now guilty. I'm Nancy Grace. This is Crime Stories. I want to thank you for being with us this after the so called Ketamine Queen denies she even knew Matthew Perry.
Speaker 1: What a liar.
Speaker 2: In the last hours, we learn Javen Sanghaj is the only one left standing after the death of beloved Friends star Matthew Perry. For other defendants have reached guilty plea agreements with the prosecutors, and I don't like any of them.
Speaker 1: They're much too lenient. But Ketamine Queen guilty. Listen.
Speaker 3: In a stunning admission that rips the mask off a Hollywood drug ring, Jasvine Sangha, the notorious Ketamine Queen, has confessed to peddling the lethal dose of the drug that killed the beloved Friend's icon. The bombshell guilty plea, filed in federal court on Monday, August eighteenth, marks the final and most damning chapter in the legal fallout from the star's untimely demise, sparing Sangha a trial. Known to millions for his role as chandler bing on the hit NBC sitcom Friends, Perry had long struggled with addiction. The fifty four year old was discovered lifeless in the hot tub of his Pacific Palisades home on October twenty eighth, twenty twenty three, leaving a gaping void in the hearts of millions of fans. The medical examiner ruled that ketamine, typically used as a surgical anesthetic, was the primary cause of death. While the star had a legal prescription for the drug to treat his depression, he turned to the shadows when his supply ran low. Prosecutors charge that Sangha fueled his addiction, meeting him just four days before his death to sell him twenty five vials of ketamine for six thousand bucks cash. Here's US attorney Martin Estrada at a previous news conference.
Speaker 4: We charge five defendants in this matter. These defendants took advantage of mister Perry's addiction issues to enrich themselves. They knew what they were doing was wrong. They knew what they were doing was risking great danger to mister Perry, but they did it anyways.
Speaker 3: Sang Ha, forty two, is facing up to forty five years behind bars for her part in the star's death. She pleaded guilty to a slew of charges, including conspiracy to distribute ketamine, maintaining a drug involved premises, possession with intent to distribute methem fetamine and ketamine, and five counts of ketamine distribution, with one charge directly tied to Perry's death. She has been behind bars since her arrest in August twenty twenty four, a culmination of an intensive federal investigation that unraveled a sophisticated network preying on Hollywood's vulnerable elite. Her plea hearing and sentencing are set to take place in the coming weeks. The drug ring exploited Perry's struggles with addiction, with Sangha and doctor Salvador Placentia at its core. Sangha became the fifth and final defendant to strike a plea agreement with federal prosecutors. Placentia had already pleaded guilty to ketymine distribution in June, and other key players, including Perry's assistant Kenneth Iwamasa, friend Eric Fleming, and doctor Mark Chavez, took their own Plea deals to cooperate against Sangha. Text messages cited in court documents painted a picture of Sangha's illicit operation with Fleming, gushing to Ewo Masa that her ketamine was quote unquote amazing and tailored for quote high end and celebs. On the day of Perry's death, Sangha allegedly told Fleming to delete their text messages, a calculated move to cover her tracks. A March twenty twenty four raid on Sangha's North Hollywood home unearthed a massive stash of ketamine, methamphetamine, and other illicit drugs, solidifying her role as a major dealer with sanghas plea. The case takes a definitive turn toward closure, though none of the five defendants have yet been sentenced for their crimes.
Speaker 1: Here a few facts that could jog your recollection.
Speaker 2: The so called Ketamine Queen who sales Friends star Matthew Perry that deadly dose of ketamine, making a bill in exchange for what.
Speaker 5: Did the drug dealer dub The Ketamine Queen refer to Matthew Perry by his friend's character name, and.
Speaker 1: That would be his affinity.
Speaker 2: Matthew Perry's affinity with Batman and he would call himself Mattman. But according to sources, the so called Ketamine Queen Jasvine Songhaar referred to him as Chandler in their texts and emails when they would talk about drugs and drug deliveries code named Chandler. Wow, that was a toughie with me an All Star panel, but let's just go back to reality listen.
Speaker 6: Federal prosecutors allege that Perry first obtains ketamine from an unscrupulous doctor aiming to take advantage of the actor's addiction issues. Doctor Salvador Placentia teaches Perry's living assistant, Kenneth Ewa Massa, how to administer the drug and provides ketamine to both Perry and Ewamasa at exorbitant prices. When the drugs become too expensive, Perry and Ewamasa turned to street dealers, including Jazzvin's songha dubbed the Ketamine Queen.
Speaker 2: What a very dear and intimate friend of Matthew Perry says she doesn't think that ketamine is the cause of death.
Speaker 1: Why and what would be the cause of death?
Speaker 2: And what leads her to say that this is what the medical examiner has to.
Speaker 7: Say the Los Angeles Medical Examiner determined that fifty four year old Matthew Perry died from the acute effects of ketamine. Other contributing factors listed were drowning, coronary artery disease, and the effects of buprenorphine. Buprenorphine is used to treat opioid use disorder. The manner of death has been ruled an accident.
Speaker 2: Joining us an all star panel to make sense of what we're learning right now, but with me a special guest. Rowena Chew, activist and former assistant to Harvey Weinstein. His name tastes like dirt in my mouth. Convicted on multiple rapes, and she has just written a New York Times guest essay, I was a celebrity assistant.
Speaker 1: The power in balance is very real. Rowenach you thank you for being with us. I enjoyed your article.
Speaker 2: I read it several times over and I try to compare what you're saying and your situation with Harvey Weinstein. May he rot in hell two Matthew Perry's assistant number one. Matthew Perry was not a criminal. I was not a rapist number one. But you point out assistants often do things that are let me just say, legally and ethically questionable.
Speaker 1: In your case, what does that mean? In my case?
Speaker 8: I worked for Harvey for only a couple of months, and so I didn't have the opportunity to do things that were ethically and legally immoral. But I was making the point that the power imbalance is so huge that assistants don't get the chance to say no.
Speaker 2: You also pointed out a quote that compared assistance that may do illegal acts or unethical acts to the guards at astwards that they knew what was happening was wrong, And you make a very subtle yet important distinction explaining.
Speaker 9: Comparison was really with.
Speaker 8: Ordinary folks that lived in Nazi Germany, whether or not you can hold them accountable for the events that happened in the country. So I'm really making a point about bystanders that don't have any real power themselves, and they are essentially visible, or they don't have an identity of their own, and they don't have the autonomy to make decisions. And so I feel that celebrity assistance I also called them Butler's. I constantly felt that I was invisible, I had no autonomy. Frequently didn't really have a name of my own. I would call people up and stay, I'm calling from Harvey Weinstein's office, but I wouldn't mention my own name because I was add insignificant. So when you're in a power balance where you're that insignificant, I think it is incredibly difficult to be then thrust into the spotlight and held responsible for something as serious as somebody's death. I think that I am attempting to shed light on the fact that Kenneth Iwamasa may have had absolutely zero choice in a way that the ordinary person can't understand. He was a living assistant. The power and balance would have been enormous.
Speaker 2: At the end of your article, I noted that you stated it is often too easy to turn the butler into the goat. Do you believe that Matthew Perri's assisted who injected him with that deadly does.
Speaker 1: Is a scape gut.
Speaker 8: I think he might have been put in an incredibly difficult situation. Not only was his employment on the line, but likely his involvement in the industry as a whole. It could have been that he did not have another residence, and so as a living assistant, you know, really there's a power back dynamic on many different levels. I also think in the Weinstein case at least, that there were many circles of power, enablement and entitlement that were far more deserving of perhaps the legal system going after than assistants. You know, for example, how the Weinstein had accountants and board members that certainly knew of what was happening. So I think the assistants. I'm merely making the point that the assistants, I suppose, are the lowest rung on the ladder, and I think to hold them accountable and responsible for the actions taken by a celebrity, it doesn't take into account the enormous power difference between a celebrity and his assistant.
Speaker 2: Rowena che Is joining US activist former assistant to Harvey Weinstein, who has just written a guest essay for The Times titled I was a celebrity assistant. The power and balance is very real miss to I deeply respect you and what you have to say and your viewpoint, and I highly highly disagree with you in your case or some other assistants, not necessarily Weinstein's other assistants. Comparing that to what Iro Massa did in Perry's case, knowing that he had had seizures just sixteen days where he was unable to move or speak after ketamine injection, knowing that I consider this much much more serious.
Speaker 1: But I'll circle back to you.
Speaker 2: Missed you in just one moment, and again, I do appreciate what you're saying, but I find it vastly, vastly different than the case of Matthew Perry's assistant.
Speaker 1: Speaking of the facts, let's go to kill a.
Speaker 2: Brantley joining us investigative reporter. What I find very interesting right now is that it's all business as usual. Matthew Perry dies in the hot tub with a fatal overdose.
Speaker 1: The doctor is already back at work.
Speaker 2: Taking patients like nothing happened. He had to put up like one hundred thousand dollars bond. Really that's ten thousand dollars, and regular people talk you put up ten percent.
Speaker 1: He's gone, he's out.
Speaker 2: The so called ketamine queen has not been sentenced.
Speaker 1: The assistant, Kenneth Ewamasa, has not been sentenced. Why I think that the Feds.
Speaker 2: Have you ever seen a cat with a little mouse, just back and forth and back and forth until it bites its head off.
Speaker 1: I think that's what the FEDS are doing right now.
Speaker 2: They're playing toying with the various defendants in order to get them to talk to name other celebrity doctors and other pill meals headed by doctors in LA and other celebrities. I think that's what's happening. But to you, Kiln Brandley, Daily Mail, tell me the latest. We've got the doctor back to work. A lot of people haven't been sentenced. The other celebrity doctors, including one that just got shot in the last day of Celebrity Doctor. He was assassinated in his parking lot.
Speaker 1: Following all of the.
Speaker 2: Drama surrounding Matthew Perry's death and what's being uncovered, Hamid Mereshow Jay was shot in his parking lot. He was a celeb doctor focusing on addiction. We now have identified two potential victims, other victims of the Ketemine Queen.
Speaker 1: Both dead crime stories with Nancy Grace.
Speaker 2: The Ketemine Queen, one of the two biggest targets in the investigation of Matthew Perry's death, along with the doctor, doctor Salvador Placentia, who just played guilty to Ketymine distribution. Oh yeah, he got a light deal Now, remember Matthew Perry's personal assistant, his friend and another doctor also took guilty please and are cooperating. You know what that means. They're going to rat her out. What more do we know about the case against the so called ketamine queen.
Speaker 5: You only die when you use needles. Matthew Perry's ex makes a shocking claim about his needle phobia, casting doubt on his ketamine death.
Speaker 2: Me psychoanalyst to the Stars, doctor Bethany Marshall, author of deal Breaker, and you can also see her on peacock and find her at doctor Bethanymarshall dot com dot Bethany. I want to circle back with you about this doctor. This doctor knew very well that Matthew Perry had actually seized up. In other words, he could not speak or move for an extended period of time to sixteen days before he died. Yet everything was business as usual.
Speaker 10: Listen details of Perry's last days in a federal indictment reveal it was very clear to doctor Placentia that Perry's ketemine injections were causing a total loss of awareness. The indictment documents three separate occasions where Perry froze up after receiving the medication, with Placentia commenting, let's not do that again.
Speaker 4: Defendant Placenta knew full well the danger of what he was doing. In fact, on one occasion, he injected mister Perry with ketemine and he saw mister Perry freeze up and his blood pressure spike. Despite that, he left additional vials of ketamine for defendant Iwamasa to administer to mister Perry.
Speaker 2: Joining me, Todd Barr, Doctor Todd Barr Board certified anatomic clinical forensic pathologist.
Speaker 1: I'm very curious.
Speaker 2: Oh yes, he's also featured in Thin Places Essays Essays.
Speaker 1: From in Between doctor, thank you for being with us.
Speaker 2: I've been researching and investigating what exactly happened to Matthew Perry when.
Speaker 1: He quote froze.
Speaker 2: That's hardly a medical description, but I've learned that there was apparently a significant spike in his systolic blood blood pressure.
Speaker 1: What does high nancy? Thank you?
Speaker 11: So a spike in his systolic blood pressure just means that he is having a hypertensive crisis. His blood pressure is elevated to a point.
Speaker 1: Kay, right there, right there? What do you mean hypertensive crisis.
Speaker 11: That means his blood pressure is at a high level, such a high level that it could cause death. I mean, people die from extreme fluctuations in their blood pressure. Blood pressure is supposed to live in an average, in a normal range. If you get too high, it's hypertensive. If you get too low, it's hypotensive. And either of those hyper or hypo can cause death.
Speaker 2: So when he quote froze up, what does that indicate to you? Is that some sort of a stroke or a near stroke? What's a systolic spike in blood pressure?
Speaker 11: I would say the term froze up to me sounds more like a seizure like activity, like a tonic chlonic seizure where the muscles contract and you get into this Ketamine is actually known for its anti convulsive properties. It's used to treat seizures, but in high doses it can actually cause seizures. And as we know by the reports that are out there, mister Perry was administered extremely high doses of this this drug, ketamine, which is an anesthetic drug. He was actually found with the levels that were compatible with surgery, and that you know, anesthesia that you would need for surgical procedures.
Speaker 2: It reminds me a great deal of Conrad Murray injecting Michael Jackson with propofol, and it took you know, hell and high water to get Conrad Murray charged convicted, but even that conviction was not enough to send sufficient shot waves through the celebrity doctor network in Hollywood.
Speaker 1: And now Matthew Perry is dead.
Speaker 2: You know it's Cala Brandtley's joining me investigative reporter with the Daily Mail. Kella, I understand that the doctor would provide the medication, the ketamine, along with Kenemine queen for the assistant to make at home ketamine injections. Now, I heard what Rowena Chu said that the power balance is way off, But shouldn't you know instinctively, especially after Perry was having seizures just days before that you should not be injecting ketamine to.
Speaker 1: Matthew Perry at home.
Speaker 2: I mean, this assistant needs to be in jail along with the doctor and the ketamine queen, the straight supplier. They all need to be in jail and we need to know their sentences. So what's happening, cal I don't understand what's the hold of right?
Speaker 9: Well, Nanthy, I also want to break down exactly how much ketymine was distributed to Matthew Perry. The doctors Chavis and Placentia distributed twenty vials of ketymine to Perry for fifty five thousand dollars in cash. That's charging him two thousand dollars for a vial, and that vile cost doctor chav Is just twelve dollars. So you can imagine how much money they were making off Perry. And that's the point that the prosecutors were making. Now, the Kedemy Queen Sanga, she sold about fifty vials of the drugs to Perry with Flemming delivering the product that they're Flemming the Hollywood producer, and they sold it to him for eleven thousand dollars. So these people were making a lot of money off of Perry's addiction, and they clearly knew, as.
Speaker 1: You said, seezing up.
Speaker 9: And then you had the person who was injecting him, who was his trusted assistant.
Speaker 4: They distributed approximately twenty vials of ketamine to mister Perry in exchange for fifty five thousand dollars in cash. Defendant Placentia saw this as an opportunity to profit off of mister Perry. He wrote in a text message in September twenty twenty three, quote, I wonder how much this moron will pay. He also stated in text messages that he wanted to be mister.
Speaker 5: Perry's sole source of supply.
Speaker 4: He wrote in a text message that he wanted to be mister Perry's quote go to for drugs.
Speaker 5: Matthew Perry's assistant allegedly found Perry in similar circumstances two times in the same week of his tragic.
Speaker 2: Death, joining us Rowena Chew, former assistant to Harvey Weinstein, who just wrote a New York Times guest essay, I was a celebrity assistant.
Speaker 1: The power imbalance is very real.
Speaker 2: You just heard other examples that celebrity assistants have named.
Speaker 1: Do you believe that.
Speaker 2: In this case the assistant is being scapegoated or do you believe he is rightfully being prosecuted as it relates to Matthew Perry's death.
Speaker 1: I do believe he's being scapegoated.
Speaker 8: I mean, we just heard about how other players in this system are making insane amounts of money, and I asked you to think about what does the assistants stand again in that equation.
Speaker 1: What does the money have to do with it?
Speaker 2: Rowena, Would it make it okay if he was paid more money?
Speaker 8: Oh no, absolutely not. I'm not saying that anybody was doing anything right. However, there's a big difference between the amounts of money the doctors and the drug dealers were making and what did the assistants stand. Again, I believe the assistant was just trying to survive. He wasn't making staggering amounts of money, and so therefore his incentive to do what he did was very different from the doctors and the drug dealers out there trying to get something for himself. He was merely trying to survive his job. There's a big difference in that.
Speaker 2: So you believe the difference, and whether he should be held criminally culpable is whether he was getting paid for shooting Matthew Perry up to his death.
Speaker 8: I don't think that there's a huge incentive for him to push this agenda, and therefore I don't believe that he was pushing the agenda. He was merely doing what he was told to do under incredibly strenuous circumstances. So I'm merely saying that as a point of coercion. The assistant is not really this person who should be skapgoted that there are layers of privilege and abuse of power that are far greater than that. And you know, we can easily point to doctors and drug dealers who were making vast amounts of money and had a huge incentive to push this kind of an agenda.
Speaker 2: Mike McCormick joining me, Lean, investigator of MCUM Investigations in Hollywood. Mike McCormick, Oh, respector Rowen and Chew, But I think that's completely I don't.
Speaker 1: Agree at all.
Speaker 2: Everybody in Hollywood is making money off celebs.
Speaker 1: Celebs are making money off the studios.
Speaker 2: The studios are making money off us and advertisers.
Speaker 1: That's how it works in Hollywood.
Speaker 2: It's like one bloodsucker sucking on the next bloodsucker, just like ticks, you know, stuck to the animal. But Mike McCormick, what do you make of what Rowena is saying that the assistant is the scapegoat. I think they should all be put in the same pot to boil and all be tried together.
Speaker 1: As it relates to Perry's death.
Speaker 12: Well, I don't think the assistant is being scapegoaded. I just think he was being more loyal, just doing what what the boss wanted him to do. It had nothing to do with money, was job security and loyalty.
Speaker 2: Okay, hold on to some moment, doctor Manthony Marshall. Maybe I'm not articulating my point that, well, the assistant lives in a mansion, he makes plenty of money, he rubs elbows with all of the stars, he drives a beautiful luxury car. Maybe I'm not understanding his poor conditions. I don't see it, Nancy.
Speaker 13: I have a unique perspective on this because these assistants sometimes come to my office. One in particular was the major domo for one of the wealthiest men in the world and had to stand around serving palomas to the family all day long alcoholic beverages, and he became so disgusted because one of the family members was drunk all day long.
Speaker 1: He was traumatized.
Speaker 13: He came to therapy and said, I just cannot do this anymore, and he left the job. So, yes, these assistants are vulnerable in the sense that they often do things they don't want to do, but they do have agency in the world. And I think in particular when you are potentially committing homicide. That's a breach of duty, that's lack of judgment that a ten year old knows not to do.
Speaker 11: Right.
Speaker 13: We just know basically, you don't kill somebody if you administer a drug. They sees you don't administer the drug. Again, I mean, I'm sorry, but this assistant could have gone and worked at a bar, would probably I would prefer to scrub floors than to inject somebody with a substance that could kill them. It is just common sense. Of course, there's a power imbalance. Of course, there's a power in balance in life for all of.
Speaker 2: Us, exactly, you know, Caleb Brandtley, I want to follow up on what doctor Bethany's saying. Caleb Brantley joining us from Daily Mail call, and we understand that Matthew Perry's mansion is being renovated, especially around the hot tub, the pool area where he died. Seems as if for Hollywood, including the prosecutors, it's just business as usual. There are no sentences on the people that have agreed to plead guilty. It just seems as if everyone's acting as though nothing happened.
Speaker 1: Matthew Perry is dead.
Speaker 2: These people, according to the FEDS, are responsible. Why aren't they behind bars Killa And what if anything, can you tell me about when these people are going to jail?
Speaker 1: And one other question.
Speaker 2: Apparently one of Perry's intimate friends states that he Perry was deathly afraid of needles and she is questioning the real cod Keilla listen.
Speaker 6: One of Perry's former assistants and ex girlfriend, Katie Edwards, says she does not believe Perry could have possibly been taking ketamine. Edwards describes Perry's in tense fear of needles, saying he wouldn't even consider a tattoo due to the phobia. Edwards was no stranger to Perry's addiction and told him he would die in an argument over his drug use. Perry's response quote, you only die when you use needles, and I would never ever do that.
Speaker 1: Caleb Brantley, what about it?
Speaker 2: This person an intimate friend of Perry's raising the specter up another cood cause of death.
Speaker 9: I understand that, Nancy, But it was Katie Edwards. She dated him back in two thousand and six, worked as an assistant until like twenty eleven, so while they were still friends, they hadn't dated in a while, and I understand that she said that he had a fear of this. But Matthew Perry himself had written in his book about these kenemine infusions that he was taking and how it felt and how it was helping him. So I personally am not so sure of that theory. And you do have his assistant and everyone basically admitting to injecting him.
Speaker 2: Crime stories with Nancy Grace, Oh yeah, people think she's beautiful, she's glamorous.
Speaker 1: She posts all sorts of really really.
Speaker 2: Refined photos and videos on her social media. But the so called Ketamine Queen Jazzavin sayingha is nothing more but a dope dealer.
Speaker 5: The Fed say there are likely more victims of the infamous ketamine Queen.
Speaker 2: Apparently, celebrities and celebrity doctors alike across Hollywood are quaking in their boots, afraid that the so called ketamine Queen is going to rat them out in exchange for a sweethearted deal from the Feds. The so called ketamine Queen, the one that supplied Matthew Perry the deadly dose of ketamine that ended in his death. Are there other victims?
Speaker 10: Yes, Listen Jasvien Sogha sells Cody mclowery several vials of ketamine. Later that same day, mclowry's family finds him dead. A family member tells Sangha her ketamine caused mclowry's overdose death, and Songha googles can ketamine be listed as a cause of death?
Speaker 6: There are likely more victims. Eric Fleming, who reportedly acted as a program director at the bell Air Rehab Red Door, also had a resident die on his watch. William Cooney, thirty six, was found dead of a fentyl overdose in his bathroom at the facility.
Speaker 2: So those are two alleged victims. Two more victims of the ketamine Queen. That makes three if those two victims are to be believed. In fact, Cody's family is speaking out against the ketamine Queen and.
Speaker 1: Is she talking?
Speaker 2: Is she making a deal with the fedes to get a light sentence and extra change for ratting out other solibs and other doctors. Man, she needs a lot of money to support this lifestyle. So what is the connection between the ketemine Queen and the other alleged victims?
Speaker 1: All dead?
Speaker 14: Coming to light are brog Mueller's deep ties to suspects Flemming and Songha. Mueller spent time with Songhai in one of her many rehab stands, and Fleming is reportedly a godfather to one of Mueller's children. Mueller reportedly pressured then boyfriend William Cooney to join her at pal Fleming's rehab program, where Cooney overdosed and died. Mueller may well have introduced Fleming and Songha to Perry as shortcuts to feed his addiction. Federal prosecutors report that Mueller is cooperating with the investigation and is not facing any charges.
Speaker 1: Let me understand, CALEA.
Speaker 2: Brantley joining us from dailymail dot com, the so called Ketamine queen Songha meets up with who and rehab? Let me say, is Britton Mueller, who apparently was very close to Matthew Perry. Now how does that connect and to Songhaw the dealer.
Speaker 9: Well, all roads are kind of leading back to Jazzmine Sogha, the Kennymine Queen. She was a supplier of multiple people. And now we do find this connection between Brooke Mueller, who spent time with Matthew Perry in rehab. They were close friends. And then we have Eric Cumming, who was a director at the rehab center where this man William Cooney had passed away. So this all is a circular connection of going back to Sangha and I'm have been on the radar for a while. Back in March twenty twenty four, the FED raided her house and they called it a drug imporium, these seventy nine bottles that some had tested positive for kennymine. So this is no surprise that Jazzmine Sanga is involved in this Matthew Perry case.
Speaker 2: Now two more alleged victims of this woman living the high life that supplied the deadly dose to Matthew Perry. Now would he be her third victim? Why has it taken that to bring her to justice? Are those investigations ongoing?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 2: This by far is not the first time a celebrity has died with enablers circling them like vultures.
Speaker 1: Listen now, I want.
Speaker 15: To heard of three.
Speaker 5: How are you doing?
Speaker 15: It's the security from Beverly Hilton, All right, what conor? I need a paramedic. Apparently I got a forty thy curial female I'm found in the bathroom to a fellow guy right now. But they're requesting paramedic crew. Okay, par fellow about them and I love rim Cantal. I'm not sure if she fellow. She was in the bathroom with the water four four four threepole. I'm sorry that the room four three fourth yet. Okay, they're not quet for anything else.
Speaker 13: There's room four three.
Speaker 15: Four thirty four. Yeah, okay, you don't know see a country of reathing at all. Apparently she wasn't breathing, and she's toy secured she was not breathing.
Speaker 2: But he Houston surrounded by enablers. Ultimately it cost her her life. Then there is John Belushi, one of the greatest comedians that ever lived. He was shot up with drugs at the Chateau Marmont and his assistant did hard jail time after shooting him up. Bobby Christina Whitney's daughter od It goes on and on and on. Of course, Michael Jackson, Aaron Carter, Chris Farley went to rehab sixteen times. His younger brother finds him dead in his apartment. Of course, Prince died a deadly opioid injection. Goes all the way back to Elvis, China, Amy Winehouse and a Nicole spiraled down a drug hole, while everyone supported that and enabled her. Kurt Cobain, River Phoenix. It goes on and on, and the enablers are never brought to justice. Joining me an all star panel to make sense of what we know right now? Do you believe, Cala Brantley that this signals the beginning of a celebrity a celebrity doctor cracked down.
Speaker 9: I think it's very possible, Nancy, especially now that we have people who are making Klea feels. You could see them speak and tell you know their networks of people and connections, and this could be the craft out at the beginning of a bunch of doctors who are prescribing people deadly, deadly medications. We have from the pleas so far, people admitting, including his assistant, to covering up and cleaning up this scene by getting rid of syringes and ketamine vials that's according to the pre agreement, and telling each other to delete things. So we see an orchestrated system from these people who are trying to get away with clearly knowing that they did something wrong.
Speaker 2: To Todd Barr joining us doctor Barr, Board certified and atomic clinical forensic pathologist, Doctor Barr, what do you notice about the death certificate.
Speaker 1: So, Nancy, I.
Speaker 11: Have a lot of real issues with the way this case was decided. As a forensic expert, I have been involved in prosecutions of crimes that involved other people distributing or administering drugs to a victim. The very definition of a homicide is death at the hands of another period, whether it's by omission or comission. In this case, comission. They brought in drugs, they injected them into Matthew Perry's body. They should be charged with a homicide. They should be charged with murder straight up, everyone that's involved. Now, the second part of this is the official cause of death was listed as the acute effects of ketamine, and then other conditions or contributing conditions included drowning. Now, there are certain stigmata of drowning that you see at autopsy. If those are present, then a drowning occurred. So Matthew Perry's death is literally because of drowning. But then there's a part b or drowning due to the intoxicating effects of ketamine. So he was so dissociative and esthetized that he slipped under the water. If they're going to list drowning as a contributing factor. Then that means they had evidence that he drowned, so it should have been listed as a drowning Number one due to the effects of ketamine, and the manner of death should have been listed as homicide. So I have a very strong opinion about the way this death certificate was worded, and I believe that sometimes when it's worded this way, defendants get off a lot easier. Now, I don't know if in LA they have something going where they were these death certificates in a way, so people get off a little easier.
Speaker 1: But that's my take too.
Speaker 2: Rowena Toe joining us former assistant to Harvey Weinstein now activists, who has just written a New York Times guest essay called I was a celebrity assistant. The power and balance is a very real thought to you, Rowena, what do you make of it all?
Speaker 8: I think there are levels of power that we could go after that are much more intense than that of the assistant. I think the assistant, being the lowest run on the ladder, probably is the last person that anyone should go after because he has read his little autonomy. I'm not saying that no one should be held accountable. I'm saying that there are levels of power above him that should be accountable before he is.
Speaker 2: Saying her know to all of our customers. As the quote, ketymine queen, Now that's certainly something you.
Speaker 1: Don't want in your scrapbook.
Speaker 2: It's charged with five counts of ketemine distribution, including one count of distribution that results in death, the death of Matthew Perry. She pled guilty in his PS Friends reruns are on all the time. Everyone knows about Matthew Perry and his death thanks to the Ketamine Queen and all of the enablers around Perry.
Speaker 1: We wait as justice unfolds. Goodbye, friend,