Speaker 1: Welcome to Fantasy Football Weekly, a production of iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Time now for Fantasy Football Weekly from iHeartRadio, your weekly source for the nation's best fantasy speculation and advice. Now along with the guys from Guillotine Leagues dot com. Here's your host, Paul Jargian.
Speaker 1: It is Bipocalypse twenty twenty three.
Speaker 3: Sounds dominous?
Speaker 1: Does sound ominous, doesn't it? Well it is for many of us.
Speaker 3: You know what you know it's gonna be by apocalypse? Look ahead to week thirteen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's good. That's that's gonna be the worst two twenty twenty three.
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, that's volume two. This is volume one. Yes, like yeah, to kill Bill.
Speaker 1: Hey there, I like it. Well, And if your name's Bill, you could get killed this week. It's a tricky, tricky week with bye weeks. Bill Belichick, they should fire him this week. They won't, but they should. Paul Charchie and Matt Harrison, Bryant Johnson with you Fantasy Football Weekly. In a very very tricky week. We've got a bunch of bye week teams. That means we don't have quite as many matchups to get through, which means we get to spend a little more time on each one of them, which is great. We get to do three tough questions we give to get get to give you nine players upon whom you can take a chance. Premature speculation. And although Scott Fish could not be here because.
Speaker 4: Oh I'm not saying, because I'm not saying it, why not because.
Speaker 1: I'm not saying does he have chlamydia? No?
Speaker 3: Of course not, of course.
Speaker 5: True. You don't sure he's shopping for an item. I don't know. That's all I'm gonna say.
Speaker 3: A personal item, but not not to replace a broken one.
Speaker 5: It's not Yes, it's not a medication of any types of any sorts. Though we don't want to spad.
Speaker 1: If Scott were here, what would he be telling us right now?
Speaker 3: Well, Scott's birthday the other day, and Fantasy Cares is giving away a signed autographed Justin Jefferson Jersey and Funko Pop. All you have to do to get registered to win the autograph Jersey and Funko Pop is go to fantasycars dot org slash donate and every donation made between the nineteenth and twenty sixth of October will be entered into the sweepstakes to win it. So kind of fun.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that is fun. So nice opportunity to do something great for the fantasy football community.
Speaker 4: For so just a dollar gets you in the entry and a dollar goes a long way if everyone just donates a dollar.
Speaker 5: Yeah, great calls great prize.
Speaker 3: Absolutely awesome.
Speaker 1: Not too shabby. Let's jump into the matchups. Atlanta Falcons taking on the Tampa Bay Buccaneers Matt And for the Falcons, it's a I think a little bit of a trickier matchup than it looks like on face value. Tampa Bay defense not too shabby. What do you think of this one?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean we'll start with Bijon Robinson. He's kind of the headliner there. He's now the field for around seventy two percent of the snaps, which means Tyler Algier more of a handcuffed a little bit of an afterthought at this point. Bijeon's matchup this week is tough. Though the Bucks have yet to allow a running back rushing touchdown, they've only given up one through the air to running backs this year. They're also along the fifth fewest running back combo yards per game at just one hundred and nine. If you factor in about a quarter of that going to Algier. You're looking at Bijon at about eighty total yards and a very low chance of a score. That's kind of borderline B C grade for me. I'm giving him a bee, but it's not a great matchup. Drake London he also gets a B. Over the last three weeks, he's been fairly reliable targets, increasing from seven to nine to twelve last week, air yards of ninety nine more in each of those weeks, and he's put up double digit PPR points in four of the last five. He runs from the left side most often, which means he'll match up with Tampa's right corner Jamel Dean, who's allowed a one thirty two passer rating in his coverage this year. The Falcons tight ends, Oh boy, let's talk about those guys.
Speaker 4: Well, well, there's only one, well, an actual tight end when it comes to fantasy football.
Speaker 5: I guess there's two.
Speaker 3: Yes in fantasy football. So two rare occurrences took place last week, a solar eclipse in the United States and Kyle Pitts scored a touchdown.
Speaker 1: Oh I like it.
Speaker 3: Pitts has strung together two straight weeks with double digit PPR points. The problem for Pitts is so is John U.
Speaker 5: Smith.
Speaker 3: And if you smashed the two together into one player, now we've got what we expected Kyle.
Speaker 1: Pitts to be.
Speaker 3: But then again, John U. Smith is still there. The Bucks haven't allowed a tight end touchdown on the season. They're only allowing five catches for forty yards per game to the position, and we're splitting that two ways. That doesn't look good at all. And Tampas played some good tight ends this year and held them in check. Howkinson, Goddard, Laporta, and Comet were all held to forty one yards or less. I'm leaving both of these guys on the bench, but I understand if you have to start one in a six team. By week, Desmond Ritter putting up some decent stats, but the eye test still doesn't look good. Did have three hundred and seven passing yards and two passing scores last week, but through three picks in a loss to Washington, and I'm a little nervous that we're like one or two interceptions away in the first half from Taylor Heineke getting snaps. Tampa is a better than average pass defense as well. I don't have any druthers, but if I did, I'd leave Desmond Ritter on the bench. This week, Baker Mayfield faces an Atlanta defense that is break but don't bend. The Falcons are allowing the third fewest passing yards at only one hundred and ninety one per game, but allowing the sixth most passing scores at almost two per game. Problem is Atlanta is great against wide receivers and that's where most of Mayfield's targets have been going. So I'm leaving Baker on the bench. I don't really like Mike Evans and Chris Godwin in this one either, but I'll give them both C grades. The best overall matchup for any player is going against slot corner d Alford, who has already allowed three touchdowns in his coverage this year. Problem is Godwin is only in the slot thirty one percent of the time, Evans twenty six percent of the time. The rest of the time, they're outside against Jeff Okuda, who's had a career resurgence in Atlanta, allowing only fifty one total yards in his coverage this year, or they face aj Terrell, who's always tough. So just C grades for those guys, and Rashad White better off on your bench too. He's only topped ten PPR points once this season, only touched the ball ten times and last week's lost to Detroit. Plus Atlanta has only allowed three point seven yards per carry and about three receptions per game to opposing backs, only two total running back scores on the season. They're a top five run defense right now. So you can't start Rashad White here, and we'll talk more about him later in the show.
Speaker 1: Or Rashad White breakdowns, yeah later, which is very very exciting. Back to Desmond Ritter for a second. I believe it's one career touchdown in road games.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: His home road splits are absolutely weird.
Speaker 1: They are very very and you know, I don't love playing the home road differential very often unless it's something that's really hyper lopsided. Desmond Ritters, that's it is hyper ltid in that way. So yeah, I think that's fair to mention it. Yeah, now, and they are in Tampa, by the way, he confirmed one touchdown pass on the road, yep for Desmond Ritter.
Speaker 5: And back to Kyle.
Speaker 4: Pitts really quick sixty of his snaps taking them slot out wide thirteen percent in line.
Speaker 5: He is a wide receiver.
Speaker 1: Does that that who is eligible at tight end he's even less valuable?
Speaker 5: Then no, absolutely not.
Speaker 3: He's he's still tight end in your league, and he's not. He's performing as well as you want to get tight end to two points.
Speaker 1: Ray lines up, I'm not getting any more fantasy points.
Speaker 3: Doesn't matter if he's lining up his running back, quarterback, kicker. I don't care. He's not getting the points.
Speaker 1: Buffalo taking on the New England Patriots. Brian, let's start on the Buffalo Bill's side.
Speaker 5: I'm not ready to move on, but I will.
Speaker 3: Brian's ears are smoking right now.
Speaker 1: I want to start the running game. Many people, including me, I'm gonna have to start Latavius Murray in a disturbing number of week. Damian Harris is not gonna play in this game. Murray's gonna have a chance. I want to know what you think about him and James Cook part of the rushing tandem for the Bills.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I've got to see on both Murray and Cook. I like Cook a little more. Still, he continues to lead the Bills backs in carries. Last week he had fourteen, but Latavius Murray had twelve. But Cook did far more with his chances, he averaged more than five yards per carry. Murray was good for just three point seven five yards per carry. New England only allowing three point five yards per carry to opposing backs, but they have yielded the seventh most rushing attempts and have allowed the fourth most rushing touchdowns to running backs. And it's really about the Patriots offense is just so bad, yeah, that they're never on the field, meaning the other teams their opponents are running the ball mercilessly against them. New England has allowed the fourth most rushing touchdowns to running back. So I see again on both Cook and Murray. If I had to pick one, I would still Cook. But they're both gonna be viable in this game. Stefan Diggs will certainly be viable. Not the best matchup for Buffalo's passing game, but that's because teams don't throw much on the Patriots, who on the fourth lowest opponent passing play percentage, and as a result, opposing wide receivers are averaging less than thirteen catches one hundred and forty five yards in a touchdown per game. That's not great, but the Patriots have surrendered a wide receiver touchdown in every game but one.
Speaker 5: And if I'm going to bet on.
Speaker 4: A Bill's wide receiver to score, it's Stefan Diggs, who had seven catches one hundred and four yards in a touchdown and then seven catches ninety two yards in a touchdown in his two games against the Patriots last season.
Speaker 5: So at a for Diggs.
Speaker 4: Just a see though for Gabe Davis, who has scored in three of his last four games against New England, but he has failed to top three catches or fifty yards in any of those games. He's touchdown dependent. In this matchup, he'll need he'll need a touchdown to payoff. You gotta like Digs more than Davis, but that's no shock to anybody.
Speaker 5: It's been a sh so far.
Speaker 4: As Dalton Kincaid, why isn't he getting the hate that Kyle Pitts has been getting the last two.
Speaker 3: Years because he's six games into his career.
Speaker 4: He was also well, it didn't take long for you guys to hate on Kyle Pits un to only take about six minutes in.
Speaker 1: The preseason before he'd even hit the field. Thought that Kyle Pitts was overrated that offense.
Speaker 4: But who's been overrated so far as Dalton Kincaid and no, shut that peacock, op.
Speaker 5: He doesn't even get that pea cocks.
Speaker 1: I thought I was right, No, you were not. We're two years into this experiment, two and a half years, two and a third years into this experiment.
Speaker 4: So you're just gonna discount the one thousand plus yards as a rookie that Kyle Pitts had allow me to answer, which only Mike did.
Speaker 6: Did.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that that peacock is then this he's I'm gonna be eating that thing for Thanksgiving dinner sooner than that. Anyway, back to Dalton Kincaid and Dawson Knox, they are both on the bench. Kincaid was out last week with the concussion. He should make his way back into the lineup this week. In fact, he's expected to be mean.
Speaker 3: Dalton can cuss.
Speaker 5: There you go out of that.
Speaker 4: Oh, Knox did play last week, but of course it was Quintin Morris, h quin tin Tin I like to call him, who caught the touchdown. You can't be excited about any of these guys though. In this game, Kincaid, Knox or Morris. The Patriots are allowing less than four catches and forty yards per game to tight ends and have allowed just one total touchdown to the position this season. Lastly, for the Bills, Josh Allen gets a b. New England has only surrendered six passing touchdowns all year, but again that's because no one really throws against them. But Allen did throw for multiple scores in both meetings with the Patriots last year, and as total thirteen passing touchdowns across his last four games against New England. And you're not sitting Josh Allen, so we're not going to go into that any further. You are going to sit basically everyone on the Patriots outside of Ramandre Stevenson and Ezekiel Elliot.
Speaker 5: Buffalo has allowed the.
Speaker 4: Fifth most rushing yards and the fifth most receiving running backs, which equates to one hundred and forty eight combo yards per game. So it's a nice matchup on paper. Stevenson out touched Zeke fifteen to eight last week. Both scored on the ground. Stevenson had five catches to the one from Zeke. Zeke had like an eighty plus yard touchdown reception called back on a holding penalty.
Speaker 5: He looked pretty good.
Speaker 4: But those are the only two starting grades I have on any Patriots, and you're gonna sit Kendrick Bourne, Juju Smith.
Speaker 1: Schuster, anybody.
Speaker 4: Jones, the Bonte Parker on hundred, sick a Hunter, Henry Mica Sicki yes, and Mac Jones the whole passing game on the bench for New England.
Speaker 1: When Tacon back Detroit Lions, Baltimore Ravens, we'll tell you what to do with this thorny Detroit backfield. Jamir Gibbs, Craig Reynolds. When we come back to Fantasy Football Weekly, nine players not normally in starting lineups. Many of these guys available on the waiver wire. It's take a chance on me. We begin at the quarterback position and Matt Harrison.
Speaker 3: I've got Josh Dobbs this week. He's put up average two above average numbers in every week but Week one, and he's faced some pretty tough defenses along the way Dallas, San Francisco, Cincinnati and the Rams. In the last four weeks, he's been buoyed by over forty rushing yards per game and four of his last five, and has had two passing touchdowns and two of his last three. This week, he faces a Seattle defense that's allowed multiple passing scores to three of the last four quarterbacks they've faced, and over three hundred yards passing in three of their five games so far the season. Plus they've only really faced one mobile quarterback. That was Daniel Jones. He finished the game with ten carries and sixty six yards on the ground. So kind of like Dobbs this week, in a weird week of quarterbacks, he's probably like a top twelve quarterback in this week.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's that's about where I've got him right.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: By the way, all my player rankings available for free at Caietinen Leagues.
Speaker 6: Doc.
Speaker 3: Oh, I've heard of that site.
Speaker 1: I've heard good things. Brian. You take a chance at me quarterback.
Speaker 4: Well, you probably have Brian Hoyer and Aiden O'Connell ranked in the same spot because as.
Speaker 5: Of right now, we're not sure who's going to be starting for the Raiders.
Speaker 1: A lot of mystery in Oh.
Speaker 4: It seems like it's going to be Brian Hoyer to prepare for we don't know who it's going to be. But whoever it is, I'm starting said Raiders quarterback at the Bears. I think it's going to be Brian Hoyer. But if it's not, then it's eight o' O'Connell. You shouldn't have a problem picking up either. But a great matchup for both quarterbacks. The Bears have allowed the third most passing yards and the second most passing touchdowns so far this season. The Raiders have a very frustrated DeVante Adams.
Speaker 5: Yea insert squeak key wheel.
Speaker 1: You know we don't have the squeaky wheels.
Speaker 3: Okay, horrible squeaky wheel.
Speaker 4: Vegas has Jakobe Myers, who was bawling out right now. Rookie tight end Michael Mayer has found his footing and this is also a very plus matchup for Josh Jacobs through the air. So Raiders quarterback tight d team quarterback LV Does.
Speaker 1: Anybody play team quarterback anymore?
Speaker 3: No, there's a part of me that kind of misses it.
Speaker 1: Not me, No, okay, not at all. I'm going Packers quarterback. By the way, Eddie Jackson ruled out for that Bear secondary. That's a big loss.
Speaker 5: Even let's go Bears.
Speaker 1: We're going Packers quarterback. Jordan Love taking on Denver. Anybody against Denver's viable anybody. Now we know the play is ugly for Jordan Love. Sometimes the super slow processing the horrible accuracies. He's just spraying balls around the field. But you know what, fantasy players don't care that much about that stuff because that stuff doesn't always cost us fantasy points. The reality is Love's got a big arm and mobility, and those things generate fantasy points. He's got those traits that we like, and this is a perfect spot for a big hit for Jordan Love. Denver allowing the second most fantasy points to quarterbacks, the most passing yards, the most passing touchdowns, and coming out of the by the Packers are much much healthier team than they used to be. Jordan Love, we'll talk more about him later in this show as well, but particularly like him this week. Let's go to the running back position.
Speaker 3: As Charchs just said, anybody is viable against the Denver Broncos. That's why aj Dillon is might take a chance on me runner. The Broncos are the worst run defense in the league, and it's not particularly close. They're bottom three. They're at bottom three rank in every category, including five point eight yards per carry, the worst one hundred and forty eight rush yards per game, the worst two hundred and one combo yards to running backs, the worst thirty two running back touchdown touches per game, the worst. Twelve running back touchdowns allowed second worst. They've given up fifteen more PPR points to an opposing running backs six times in six games, and five of those six have been over twenty two PPR points. Aaron Jones still limited in practice with a hamstring injury. There's no need to rush him back for this game. AJ Dillon can handle it. He had twenty carries in the Vegas game in Week five, and I expect a similar workload for AJ Dillon this week now.
Speaker 1: I think Jones re injured his hamstring. They haven't said that, but I think it's clear that, just based on how much his time away from the game, that he must have had a set back on the hamstring. Cato at some point. AJ Dillons really has rarely put together big games when Aaron Jones has missed. But the opportunity is absurd, as you outline, absolutely, Brian, you taking a chance on mer running back.
Speaker 4: I'm sticking with this Bears Raiders game, but I'm on the other side for running back here with Travis Homer of Chicago at home against the said Raiders. The Raiders have surrendered three rushing scores to running backs over the last two weeks, and on the season, they are allowing nearly one hundred and thirty combo yards per game to the position. Danta Foreman will start for Chicago, but Roshan Johnson has.
Speaker 5: Been ruled out.
Speaker 4: Khalil Herbert is on IR so it's going to be Foreman and Travis Homer carrying the load for the Bears against the Raiders. And the Bears offensive line has been great when it comes to the run game. Chicago owns the second best run block win rate among every offensive line in the league. And again, the one hundred and thirty combo yards per game allowed by the Raiders will play into the favor of Homer, who should dominate the third down work at running back for Chicago.
Speaker 1: Matt outlined how bad the Broncos are against running backs. I told you, by the way, and I mentioned they've given up the most passing yards, they've given up the most rushing yards.
Speaker 3: Which is like the anti Cleveland.
Speaker 1: They are anti Cleveland.
Speaker 5: I like that.
Speaker 1: They'd probably like to hear that too. After the Broncos as the Panthers there and by after the Panthers allowing the third most rushing yards per game the New York Giants. Who can we go to for the New York Giants. How about Antonio Gibson averaging just refewer snaps than the starter Brian Robinson. Just the Giants defense so bad? Even backup running games are posting solid games against the Giants. Latavius Murray came in with forty five yards. Both of the Miami running backs got fed big time. Zach Charbonay posted a career game against the Giants. Elijah Mitchell went for forty two yards against the Giants. Look in this bye week, if we can get to forty fifty total yards for Antonio Gibson, that's a win in a tricky bye week with all the injuries. Antonio Gibson, he posted one good game one bad game against the Giants last year. Maybe this is the good one this year. Let's go to the wide receiver position.
Speaker 3: Matt I've got Jackson Smith and Jigba dk metcalf is not practiced all week with both rib and hip injuries. He's questionable, but you have to think he's unlikely to go if he hasn't practiced yet. Tyler Lockett nursing a hamstring injury. He was limited all week, but he's off the injury report as of now. But wide receivers and hamstring injuries just don't mix very well, and one wrong step he could be watching from the sidelines. So I think it's JSN time. Last week here was the Seahawks route counts. Metcalf ran thirty nine, Lockett ran thirty nine, JSN ran thirty nine. While Lockett and Metcalf each had eight targets, JSN only had five. But he's now learning the offense and he's on the field about the same amount as the other guys. He has the opportunity here, and the Cardinals are terrible against wide receivers. They're allowing the fourth most receptions and the second most yards to opposing wide receivers at one hundred and ninety nine yards per game. I like a lot of that to go to Smith Injigba in his coming out party.
Speaker 1: Not moving what by rankings. I think you've convinced me.
Speaker 6: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Let's go to Brian. You take a chance on your receiver.
Speaker 5: It's not a wide receiver.
Speaker 4: We're going tight end tight out with Las Vegas is Michael Mayer at Chicago.
Speaker 5: So I'm all in on this game.
Speaker 4: The rookie tight end Mayor broke out last week, and the Raiders continue to increase his usage as the season goes on. Mayor's snapshare over the last four weeks has gone from forty percent to fifty one percent, to sixty six percent, and then to eighty one percent last week. Chicago has only surrendered two tight end touchdowns so far, but they are allowing six and a half catches and fifty five yards per game to the position.
Speaker 5: Those are very healthy numbers. So Michael Mayer, who I believe it's Mayor, it's Mayor. It's not Meyer.
Speaker 4: But I know at an Order Dame when you'd make a catch, they would play the Michael Meyers Halloween music every time, which was pretty dope.
Speaker 5: They need to transfer that over to the NFL, but I like that. We'll hear that dun dun dun dun dun dun dum dund lots of times on Sunday.
Speaker 1: Yeah. When my uh, when my daughter was very young and we were doing animal sounds, you know, like cow goes move very good.
Speaker 5: That was like I got that.
Speaker 1: I got that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Puzzy on Brian was like over there not things I.
Speaker 5: Had no idea.
Speaker 1: I taught her shark goes done, done, done, done, done, dune dune, dune, dune, dune, dune done. And you know she really believed. She buys it right me down. You know when your kids two, you know they buy all that stuff, So you can teach him anything.
Speaker 3: The more I get to know you charge, the more I know how much you lied to your daughter. That is like as a toddler.
Speaker 1: That is a fact and good parenting right There absolutely a lot of half truths. Washington wide receiver for Curtis Samuels scored in three straight games, and I don't think we're chasing box scores, and we highlight an opportunity against the Giants. Giants, he had good games against the Giants last year when he was very lightly used. He was averaging six targets per game in fifty four yards against the Giants in the two games last year. The Giants are a very leaky secondary, but what they don't give up a lot of his air yards, and that underneath stuff is where Curtis Samuel makes his money. So I think it's going to be a lot of underneath looks for him. Something called Cordell flat is your new starting slot safety with the Dory Jackson questionable for the Giants. Both of them, no matter who it is, they both allow passer ratings over one hundred eight team on the season. Clot in the slot lot allowed a touchdown last week in his first game as a starter this year. Curtis Samuel, your final take a chance at me player. As we go to the Lions taking on the Ravens, I want to start with the running game here. We know David Montgomery's out and Jamiir Gibbs has been proclaimed the starter by Dan Campbell and he says he's going to get the majority of the looks because Craig Reynolds is hurt. And we'll talk more about Craig in a second. Detroit leads the league in rushing attempts and his third in both rushing yards and score, so opportunities should be here for Jamiir Gibbs. Gibbs will get most to get most of that work. Montgomery was averaging three carries from inside the ten before going down. This team runs the ball a lot inside the ten. A lot of that could go to Gibbs, depending on whether or not Reynolds is healthy enough to get that kind of work. Baltimore's run defense has been elite in recent years, not as much this year. They ranked tenth in run defense by Pro Football Focus. They we ain't twentieth and run stuff win rate by Espienzo. I think Gibbs can get a little something done here. B grade on Jamiir Gibbs, and just a C grade on Craig Reynolds. You know, you know he's got the hamstring, he's got the toe injury. If he plays at all, we assume it's going to be in a diminished role here, but hopefully a touchdown opportunity as they run the ball inside the ten as I just talked about. We'll keep a C grade on Craig Reynolds if he happens to play. As for the passing game, this is a brutal matchup for everybody, including I'm on rass Saint Brown, possibly the toughest matchup of his year. Baltimore ranks number two in pass coverage by Pro Football Focus, sixth an overall DVOA. I'm on ross Saint Brown is a tricky matchup in the slot against Arthur Mallett, who has yet to allow a touchdown this year, and is giving up just twenty two yards per game in his coverage. The good news Baltimore's cornerbacks play more man than zone, and AARSB has been good against man coverage. So there's that. I got a passer rating of one hundred and one when targeted in man coverage, So that might be your opportunity for a'm on Ross Saint Brown. Who clocks in with a beeg? Right?
Speaker 4: Do you want to play the game? Did the Ravens pick a wide receiver over I'm on Ross Bronn.
Speaker 1: Bateman might have been over. I'm on Ross Saint Brown, Ding Ding Ding Correct? There we go well before I'm on Ross Saint Brown. By the way, yeah, there's that much more. We love it. We love I'm on Ross Saint Brown.
Speaker 2: So good.
Speaker 1: Josh Reynolds comes in with a sea grade. He's turning into a weekly fantasy play, but again, tough spot here. For many of the reasons I just described, Baltimore's outside cornerbacks have been outstanding over the last four weeks. Brandon Stevens and Ronald Darby are both allowing passer ratings below seventy one in catch rates below sixty five percent. Stevenson has been targeted a lot man Maybe that helps Reynolds, but mostly it's not turning into actual production. I can only get you to a C grade on Josh Reynolds. Sam Laporte has been a fantastic fine and like one of the only overachievers at the tight end position in the entire life. But this also brutal matchup for him too. Baltimore allowing the fewest points to tight ends, They're one of five teams not to allow a touchdown to the position, and they allow the second fewest yards per game to tight ends. Now, in fairness, Laporte is the best tight end they faced all year, So maybe a lot of perform the other guys that they face, but to this point, it's been a very tough matchup and I can only give you a C grade on Sam Laporta. Jamison Williams is on the bench until he's on the field much more often, I believe, just twelve snaps last week, So we need him on the field more before we can throw darts at Jamison Williams. And all of that leaves us with Jared Goff clocking in with a B grade. He's been great. This is again a very tough matchup, though, Baltimore ranks number two in coverage by Pro Football Focus and the return of cornerback Marlin Humphrey for the Ravens has been a big boost. He's allowing just thirty two yards per game in his coverage. Some extra volume may be coming because of the injuries to the running backs. Nobody's healthy here, and if either Gibbs or Craig Reynolds has a setback on their existing injuries, that would mean even more passing. And I factored that in too, gave him a B grade here. For Jared Goff it might have otherwise been a C grade. Let's go to the Ravens side. I want to start with the running game here. We're going to leave both Gus Edwards and Justice Hill on the bench. They're splitting work, which stinks. The Lions run defense has been shockingly good. They're ranking number one and run defense by Pro Football Focus. No back his top forty three yards against the Lions. That is a heck of a turnaround for them.
Speaker 4: I feel like I've seen Gus Edwards take like five carries at least from inside the five yard line and just nothing.
Speaker 5: Squad doosh, Yeah, I'm with you.
Speaker 1: I don't think he's left a lot of yards on the field, but it's there's still not much production to be had. There only one runners scored against the Lions all season long, so they're both on the bench. Let's go to the passing game. Zay Flowers finally scored last week, which I think helps fantasy managers realize just how good he's been now. Originally we'd worried that Flowers was going to run mostly from the slot and have some of the imitations that come from most slot receivers. But he's running in all parts of the field evenly, and if Detroit's rookie's safety Brian Branch can't go, that puts Will Harris on the field, and he's been getting killed by slot receivers. Detroit allows at least seventy yards to a receiver in four of their last five games, and Zay Flowers is the most likely guy to get that. So he comes in with a B grade on Zay Flowers and is really turning into an every week starter for your fantasy team. Mark Andrews is the only other receiver you care about from Baltimore. He's managed four or more receptions in every game He's top sixty five receiving yards in three straight games. Detroit's allowed the fourth most points and the second most receptions and the second most yards the tight ends this season. So it's a smash spot for Mark Andrews, who comes in with an A grade. Now, how about just not dropping any touchdowns? Mark Andrews, how about it? It's not too much trouble. And that leaves us with Lamar Jackson. For all the talk of Todd Munkin ushering in this pass heavy game script to the Ravens that is not materialized at all. There ranked thirtieth and pass attempts thirtieth.
Speaker 5: We need to start calling him Art Monkin. Now that's right. Well we said don't call him that, but now we're gonna call him this now.
Speaker 1: So it's kind of the same old, same old. I mean, low Volume's got Jackson ranking seventeenth in completions nineteenth and passing yards twenty third in passing touchdowns. It's a bummer, honestly. Baltimore's league average and pass blocking and contain and containing he's gonna have to contain. They're gonna have to contain. Defensive Player of the Year candidate Agent Aiden Hutchinson, who's been really, really good, and I don't know if they're gonna be up for that. But the rest of the Lions don't rush particularly well. That's a team Detroit ranks twenty seventh in pass rush win rate. So Jackson's legs will be the wild card here as it usually is. The Lions haven't faced a mobile quarterback this year, but last year, justin Fields, Jalen Hurts and Josh Allen absolutely hammered Detroit's defense. Get this, those three guys Fields, Jalen Hurts, Josh Allen against the Lions last year average how many rushing yards average?
Speaker 3: Let's say eighty because I want to be in the neighborhood.
Speaker 5: Sounds about right.
Speaker 1: One hundred and twelve.
Speaker 3: Wow. Wow, Yeah, So that's exciting.
Speaker 1: That is exciting, Labar Jackson be great. Let's take a break. When we come back, we got a big block of matchups for you, including Cleveland Browns in Indianapolis Colts. The Brown's defense on a historic run right now, Can you start any Cults against the Cleveland Browns this week? Any week? Find out when we come back to Fantasy Football Weekly. New leagues forming virtually every day guianteen leagues dot com. It's the freshest, funnest way to play fantasy football. You know how it works because you've heard the show a million times. Every week, the low scoring team gets chopped from the league, their roster goes, so the waiver wire and the rest of us build superstar lineups to go head to head the rest of the way. All you have to do is not finish last with this. At this stage of the season, twelve te weeks left in this season, so twelve team leagues being formed now gilletine league dot com.
Speaker 4: And we should clarify for those who are listening and they're like, well, there was already a game played on Thursday.
Speaker 5: You can still draft those players.
Speaker 4: Insert them in your starting lineup and gets the points Scout accumulated. And you know Travis etn was a fringe first round pick. Maybe just take them first overall and he take his two.
Speaker 1: Touchdowns, let's and survive a week. Survive a week, so by himself he will probably get you to next week.
Speaker 4: And so many studs like Jamar Chase Adam Fiehlen top ten wide receiver on by.
Speaker 5: How much of a discount do you get on those guys, it's.
Speaker 1: Jamar Chase on By.
Speaker 5: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 1: Fascinating, absolute fascinating time to draft. You know what else is fascinating? If you got any Colts in your lineup? What are you going to do here against the best on a defense that is historically good? Right now? Opposing teams getting just fifty two plays per game against the Browns, it's been an incredible run for their defense. I don't think there's any Colts to play here other than maybe Michael Pittman. What do you think?
Speaker 3: It's pretty grim. The Browns are number one in the league in the following categories, passing completions allowed, passing yards allowed, passing touchdowns allowed, running back touches per game, receptions yards and touchdowns allowed to wide receivers, receptions and yards allowed to tight ends. Yeah, let's leave all the colts on the bench. Zach Taylor or Zach Taylor and Jonathan Moss how about Oh yeah, it doesn't matter. They're both on the bench. It was an almost even split last week and snaps thirty seven to thirty two in favor of Moss, completely tied in opportunities fourteen rushing attempts plus targets, A piece. If anything, it's trending the right way for Taylor in his third week back. But if you're splitting ninety four total yards and less than half of a score between Moss and Taylor, both of them have to be on the bench. Gardner Minshew has played a portion of every game this year for the Colts, and last week he did put up three hundred and twenty nine yards in a score plus three picks against his old team. Again. Problem is, the Browns are allowing one hundred and forty three passing yards and just under a touchdown per game. If you need to start a Colts wide receiver because you're in a weird league that has a requirement that you would start a Colts wide receiver, Michael Pittman's the only one you could consider. If the Colts do it right, they'll flex Pittman out to the left most often, where he'd face right cornerback Martin Emerson. That's the only soft spot in the Browns secondary. He's allowing only twenty He's allowing twenty three yards per reception in his coverage, but he's only allowed six receptions on the season, so I wouldn't start him. But if you have to in a pinch. Michael Pittman's somebody, I guess that you could get a low c on on the other side.
Speaker 1: Yeah, not a lot to love here.
Speaker 3: A lot to love here either. Will it be PJ. Walker? Will it be QB. Brown's? It sounds like it's going to be QB. Brown's. He was a full participant, still recovering from a rotator cuff strand on his throwing arm. That's not a great thing to have when you have to pass the ball. And it's a pretty good matchup too. The Colts are bottom ten and completions, pass yards and rushing yards allowed to the opposing quarterback, but with an unhealthy shoulder, it's just a C grade for the Browns. Qb Amari Cooper is the only Browns wide receiver you could consider starting, although it's worth noting that he missed Wednesday and Thursday practice for non injury related items. Cooper and Elijah Moore are getting similar target shares, but the average depth of target for Cooper is fifteen point six. That's good, and it's eight for Elijah Moore. More tends to run from the slot, where he'll face Kenny Moore most often. He has been the best of the Colts corners this year.
Speaker 1: Who gets more.
Speaker 3: In the midnight hour? We cried more and more and more. Yeah nice, I'll give Cooper a c here in an above average matchup. The Colts are allowing the eleventh most receptions and yards to opposing wide receivers. But still it's the shoulder of QB. Browns that's the difference. David and Joku A spots c start as well. Three different tight ends in the last three weeks have hit the ten PPR points mark. It's mostly been on volume. The Colts have allowed the fourth most receptions and the sixth most yards to the position this year, but only have given up one score to a tight end this year. And finally, the running backs Jerome Ford and Kareem Hunt worth noting the slight shift in Cleveland.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 3: In the last three weeks, Kareem Hunt snaps went fourteen fourteen, twenty six. Jerome Ford snap stayed pretty close to the same at around thirty seven per game, but the rushing attempts and targets were pretty close to a split. Last week, Hunt had fifteen opportunities, Ford had nineteen. It's clear both will be utilized and This could grow into almost an even split before long. Maybe it's already there. This week against the Colts, they face a team that's allowed seven rushing touchdowns to opposing backs already. That's the fourth most in the league. They've also allowed the ninth most receiving yards and are seeing about twenty eight total running back touches per game. That lines up for some good numbers for both of the runners. Even if it's a split. I'll give a pair of sees to both of them. But four it is closer to the b than Hunt.
Speaker 1: Las Vegas taking on the Bears. Now, Brian, you already told us about some elements of the Las Vegas passing game that you like, and take a chance on me. But let's go to Josh Jacobs with what feels like a pretty good opportunity. Vikings could not cash in against the Bears last week. I like Josh Jacobs to do better.
Speaker 5: Yeah, as do I I'm giving Jacobs an a.
Speaker 4: It's not the best matchup on the ground, as the Bears allowed the tenth fewest rushing yards per game to opposing running backs.
Speaker 5: The real angle here is through the air. For Jacobs.
Speaker 4: The Bears allowed the most receiving yards per game to opposing backs sixty one per game, and Jacobs leads all running backs with nearly in targets with nearly six per game.
Speaker 5: So I like Jacobs a lot and his usual bell cow role here.
Speaker 4: Speaking of liking a player a lot, you can't like Devonte Adams a whole lot over the last two weeks. Just six catches for seventy four scoreless yards across his last two still giving him a bee here, though, this feels like the squeaky wheel gets the grease.
Speaker 1: I think kind of game if you were a good enough player. Squeaky wheel almost always works if you're a good enough player, and Adams is, and.
Speaker 4: Adams certainly has played his fair share of games against the Bears in his time with the Packers. The Bears are allowing one hundred and sixty yards at more than a touchdown per game to opposing wideout. So a B for Adams and a B for Jakobe Myers, who was just red hot right now. Meyers with twelve catches, one hundred and thirty six yards and two touchdowns across his last two games. Myers is now just one of nine wide receivers with at least four touchdowns this year. Only he and Keenan Allen have played five games. Among those nine wide receivers on that list, the other seven have played six. So Myers red hot safe b for him and Michael Mayer. Might take a chance on me pass catcher, and it's confirmed Brian Hoyer is Raiders quarterback this week against the Bears. He might take a chance on me quarterback. Over to the Bear side, Dante Foreman gets a see he will be starting will be the starting running back for Chicago and this one. The Raiders have surrendered three rushing touchdowns to running backs over the last two weeks, and on the season, the Raiders are allowing nearly one hundred and thirty compo yards per game to running back. So a safe sea for Foreman. And that's why I had Travis Homer. Its might take a chance on me running back and by Coop, excuse me by apocalypse part one by Pocalytpa, take a D three, take a shot on Travis Homer. If you're imedy at running back like most of us are, DJ Moore, just to see for him in this game. You have to downgrade more based on the Bears quarterback situation. Which we'll discuss in a minute, very briefly, we'll discuss it. But regardless of who is under cender, this is not a great matchup on paper for posing wide receivers. The Raiders have allowed the fifth fewest catches per game to opposing wide receivers, and no opposing wide out has topped one hundred yards against Las Vegas. For those reasons, Darnell Mooney is on the bench, but I will give cole kmet a c in the tight end waste land, the Raiders are allowing nearly six catches and fifty yards per game to tight ends.
Speaker 5: We will take that all day, every day if we.
Speaker 4: Can get eleven PPR points from our tight end in the waste land.
Speaker 5: And I alluded to.
Speaker 4: The the quarterback situation in Chicago, it's Tyler. I'm sorry, Tyson Bajant secret Bagient man, it's on the bench.
Speaker 5: I don't know that's the best.
Speaker 1: No, yeah, obviously he's on the bench.
Speaker 5: Secret.
Speaker 4: I don't know what else can we do with Bajient double O seven. He'll score zero zero point seven.
Speaker 1: Points something like that. Commander's taking on the Giants. We'll just move along here. I like a lot of Commanders in this game A grade four, Matty McLaurin.
Speaker 4: Oh the other way, Oh yeah, absolutely.
Speaker 5: That's all the sound effects from really Commanders.
Speaker 1: He's got a bunch. Terry mclaur in awesome history against the Giants, averaging seven receptions for ninety three yards and half a touchdown against his divisional rival. He's top seventy yards in every lifetime matchup against the Giants. Cornerback of Dory Jackson questionable with a neck injury. Jackson has allowed the fifth most yards of any cornerback to season, So even if he goes, it's a great matchup for McLaurin. And if he doesn't, replacement cornerback Trey Hawkins is even worse and he's giving up the deepest a out of any cornerback in the league. So game on, Terry McLaurin, love it a grade for him. Let's go to further receivers. Curtis Samuels might take a chance on my receiver, and even the much maligned and non producing Johan Dotson. We're gonna give him one last crack in this bipocalypse twenty three.
Speaker 4: Well, they vowed to get the ball in his hands more yea awesome, that is. But that's because now he is now the placeholder.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Just I'd say it's the holder of point per place holder.
Speaker 1: Yeah for laces out point per laces out. Dotson by week dart throw here, he leads all Commanders receivers and snaps. He's second in targets. He just never there's just no production to go with it. But the Giants secondary so bad, this could be Dotson's breakout game of the year. I already told you that the cornerback problems they're having. The probable starting cornerbacks for the Giants are going to roll into this game with these Pro Football Focus rankings ninety third, one hundred and thirteenth, and one hundred and twenty three. There's an opportunity for Johan Dotson for a breakout game right here, Logan Thomas, you'd expect the Giants are yielding against tight ends. Since the opener. The Giants are allowing sixty eight tight end receiving yards per game, which would be fourth worst across the full season. Thomas is very involved in the offense, averaging five targets and four catches per game, including a red zone target per game. Be great on Logan Thomas. If I didn't say a grade on Johan Dotson, it's a C grade for him, and so all of those receivers together. Obviously, I like the passing game here, and I like my guy Sam Howell on pace to shatter the single season sack record along with several Vertebrae's on pace for ninety six sacks. Ninety six Somewhere, David Carr is involuntarily wincing at Sam Howell Howell seeing pressure. I'm thirty four percent of his dropbacks. That's the league's worst number. Now, Worryingly, the Giants pass rush win rate is tenth best, and that's like the one thing the Giants are still good at. Dexter Lawrence getting at opposing quarterbacks. But still, Sam Howe has been good, impressively, sitting in the top ten among all quarterbacks in completions, completion percentage, and touchdown passes. For Sam Howell clocking in with a B grade, Let's go over to Brian Robinson. By the way, this sounds like a bunch of guys doing a wolf folel. It doesn't even sound like real wolves. It's it's me dot real wolves, not guys sounding like wolves. Thank you.
Speaker 3: Anything for you charge.
Speaker 1: Brian Robinson matchup starter and this is the right matchup. In six career games against the Giants, he's averaging seventy combined yards and nearly a score per game. Giants are bottom ten and run stuff win rate. The Giants have allowed six opposing running backs to rush for at least sixty five yards and a score. So a great opportunity for Brian Robinson, who comes in with a B grade and Antonio Gibson was my take a chance on me runner. Let's go over to the Giants side, where there's a lot less to like. Sakwon Barkley comes in with a B grade. Giants offensive line ranks dead last and run block win rate, and we know they're going to be missing three offensive linemen in this game, including Andrew Thomas and Senator John Michael Schmidts. Fortunately, Washington a middling run defense, so there's still opportunity for Barkley. Barkley's closest comparable, running back Jon Robinson, last week got steming on the ground but caught five passes. I like that here and then Tyrod Taylor's a consideration you could have. He runs around a lot, very mobile commanders have allowed the second most quarterback rushing yards last year, Daniel Daniel Jones ran for one hundred and six and in the two matchups with Washington, if it is Taylor, if it's not, you could also consider a dart throw at Daniel Jones, mostly for what he could do on the ground. And then, lastly, Darren Waller startble in this matchup. Some signs of life lately with nineteen targets the past two weeks and he's caught eighty percent of his targets over the past three games. A healthy eight yard a dot here in Washington, a middle of the pack tight end defense in the bipocalypse, you probably have to start Darren Waller with a C grade, B grade on Barkley, C grade on Tyrod Taylor, and or Daniel Jones. When we come back, A game we like to call three tough questions, Stay tuned our number two Fantasy Football Weekly A game we like to call three tough questions. Play along, see if you can go three and oh with our panel of experts.
Speaker 6: Tough question number one.
Speaker 1: They tell me that they don't think you got it. Well, you guys are saying on the break, you don't think that our listeners can go three and oh.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I was saying that.
Speaker 5: Oh, I always like their chances more than mine, the listeners.
Speaker 1: That's true. But none of these are Abu Kyle Pitts. So you're not automatically going to lose.
Speaker 5: Oh, that's good.
Speaker 6: Tough. Question number one.
Speaker 1: For teams that are six and oh or five and one, is it too early to start molding your roster for the playoffs? We begin with Matt.
Speaker 3: If you go to week fourteen, you have eight weeks left and all you got to do is go five hundred to be ten and four, nine and five, and most of those leagues, that's good enough to make the playoffs. So not too early to start looking ahead at the playoffs. Maybe start targeting some of the league's worst defenses, making some even trades, like, for instance, look at Denver, who has the Lions, Patriots, and Chargers in the playoffs, Or look at Arizona who has the forty nine Ers, Bears, and Eagles in the playoffs. That's what you should kind of be looking at right now. So yes, yeah, go ahead, Okay, start molding. Not too early, yeah, you say, Brian.
Speaker 1: For teams that are six and zero or five and one, Is it too early to start molding your roster for the playoffs?
Speaker 4: No, definitely not too early. It's the perfect time and things you can be doing this week with so many teams on by look at the teams in your league that maybe have the ceed Lamb or Garrett Wilson, one of these studs on by your Higgens, Jammy mar Chaks who've been underperforming by low on those guys, and just you can afford to look ahead. As Matt Matt mentioned, you're essentially guaranteed to make the playoffs. You're not one hundred percent guaranteed, but very good chance you do. But yeah, start playing the matchups in the later weeks. Make sure you have sound backups. But yeah, this is the time to look at players who had a rough schedule. Damian Peters is definitely won on buy this week, had a brutal stretch to start at.
Speaker 1: All time low on. David, You're sorry that all.
Speaker 4: The time, Low, But the answer is no, it is definitely not too early to start molding your lineups.
Speaker 1: You are both correct. Really, we're trading October wins for December wins, and that's fine. And as Matt I did, the exact same math that Matt did. If I played just five hundred balls, apparently I've got a very good team if I'm six and OHM five and one. If I just if that drops down to five hundred, I'm still making the playoffs one hundred percent if I play five hundred ball the rest of the way. So now we're looking at acquiring players who can help us later that you can get now. How about injured players David Montgomery, Aaron Jones, Justin Jefferson. Go get these guys that are likely to be healthy by then and aren't healthy right now because you can take those losses. How About backups that could be in lead spots by December for whatever reason. What if Alexander Madison doesn't get any better and they go to cam Akers. What if Derrick Henry gets hurt and they go to Taja Spears or they trade them. Let's talk about trading Derrick Henry. What if Jeff What if Marhem Moster gets hurt, which he always does. What if it's Jeff Wilson's job by then? These are the kinds of moves that you could take speculatively now to help your team in December.
Speaker 6: Tough question number two for Dynasty.
Speaker 1: And Empire leagues. Specifically, are you buying low on Jordan Love? M We discussed Love a little bit earlier, easy matchup this week, but obviously our vision here on this question is years down the road, not just week seven. Brian, what do you think.
Speaker 4: I was going to initially compartmentalize this into one quarterback and then super flex leagues when I answered, but I'm going to love them together and say yes, I am going to buy low on Jordan Love.
Speaker 5: He's had is ups and downs so far. This year.
Speaker 4: Was a Gangbusters to start look great, but he's had his down games. But in all reality, the Packers haven't had their full offense on the field altogether at once. Christian Watson was injured to start the season. Then Aaron Jones went down, so they just haven't.
Speaker 1: Had Dobbs was injured.
Speaker 4: Dubbs was injured, so they haven't had their full arsenal. And Love does lead the league right now in average depth of target at nine point eight yards, So let's see what he can do with Watson healthy, which will be this week.
Speaker 5: You broke the matchup down early.
Speaker 4: We don't know if Aaron Jones will be back, but I want to see this whole Packers offense with everyone healthy before I give a final verdict on Jordan Love's.
Speaker 5: Outlook, But as of right now, I will buy low.
Speaker 1: All right, So you're a yes on that, Matt. For Dynasty and Empire League specifically, are you buying low on Jordan Love Well?
Speaker 3: First off? In a Dynasty League, I'm not really sure that it's a by low moment on Jordan Love because chances are whoever has him either has had him on roster for three years or they traded to go get him before this, and they really like him. So I don't think that there's too much of a by low opportunity. But if the question is do I believe better days are ahead for him than the last three weeks, yes, I do. His passing still needs more seasoning, but that grows with reps. And he does add a very decent rushing element that's going underrated. He's put up twenty rushing yards or more in three of four games and scored twice on the ground in the last three weeks. I think that he's a very solid contributor there too.
Speaker 1: Agree with many of the points you already said, and I'm on yes and this I disagree with your assertion that whoever Scott Jordan Love is not worried right now. The play has not been great, super inconsistent. If you have held him for years, you're not getting the payoff you expect.
Speaker 3: I just don't think that in a dynasty league people are like, oh, five weeks in, I'm ditching him after holding them for two and a half years.
Speaker 1: I don't think you know anything about fantasy players. You think they don't get nervous through six weeks.
Speaker 3: Dynasty players are a little bit of a different breed in my opinion.
Speaker 1: But uh huh, okay, all right, So we're seven games into his NFL career and there are troubling traits like the processing speed and the accuracy, but we love the big arm, we love the mobility, and Brian, I think hit on the biggest thing we haven't seen this offense. The offensive line decimated by injuries, the running back position decimated by injury, and then the wide receivers all all been injured at various times. So I'm still I'm not ready to say that Jordan Love's not going to end up being a pretty significant fantasy factor. And I'm trying to find out what I can get Jordan love for right now.
Speaker 6: Tough question number three.
Speaker 1: What is the appropriate level of concern for Reshad White? Is it none? Is it some? Or is it a bowel loosening level of existential dread?
Speaker 3: We begin with Matt So I looked this up and it was on the internet, so it has to be true. On May sixteenth of this year, in Burnsville, Minnesota, mother was in a Caribou coffee drive through when mysteriously it started raining poop on their car. The incident was unsolved until right now. It was due to Rashad White fantasy owners in nearby apartment complexes. He's on the field for eighty percent of the Bucks snaps this year, and he's done almost nothing. I mentioned in the matchup that he's top ten PPR points only once this season. He's seventy fourth in the league in rushing yards per attempt at three point three. He has one rushing score in his last nineteen games, and he's topped sixty rushing yards twice in his twenty two career games. He's not good. He's blowed.
Speaker 1: He's blowed, and you're blowed thinking about Yeah, he blew on a Caribou drive Throo. Yeah, in midsomb not specifically him, but oh his fantasy owners are nearby bowa loosening levels of existential dread obviously, Yeah, absolutely, Brian. Appropriate level of concern for Rashad White none, some or blowed.
Speaker 4: I was close to blow, but I'm at some right now, even though I'm a Sean Tucker bobo. But he's taken the back seat to Keishaan Vaughan as the what is that backup running back? So that says there's not a ton of talents in that backfield and that includes White. But it's been a tough start for White in terms of matchups. I have to attribute a lot of these stats to Graham Barfield. I read this on Twitter. So the Bucks have generated zero point six y' eight adjusted yards before contact for their running backs. That is the third fewest. Now you couple that with their gauntlet of a start. When it comes to matchups four opposing running backs, They've had the Vikings, who have allowed the eleventh fewest yards per carry, then Chicago third fewest, Philadelphia fourth fewest, New Orleans ninth fewest, Detroit. Last week for Tampa Bay second fewest, and this week they get the Falcons allowing just three point three yards per carry, So it's not all his fault. So that's why I'm at some. But hopefully the schedule softens up a little bit for White. But you're not gonna get any reprieve.
Speaker 5: This week, it sounds like, but I'm at some, not blowed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you guys are. You've hit on a lot of my talking points already, and you've backed it up with a lot of salient data. Let me add this one. In third worst rushing yards over expectation, where shot White at negative one yards over expectation, So that's technically under expectation.
Speaker 3: Over expectation.
Speaker 1: He's negatively negative over Yes, So now I thought he was going to be a more capable receiver than he has been. Just seventeen catches to this point of the season, he's averaging three catches for twenty yards. I went into this question assuming the answer was going to be blowed. But in fantasy football, opportunity means more than ability does. The ability isn't there, the offensive line's not there, but there's nobody pushing him for touches, and in with all of the injuries and everything else at the running back position, I got bigger problems. Honestly, then we're Shot White clocking in for nine to ten Fantasy points a game. I got bigger fish to fry. The answer is some Let's go back to the matchups. Matt Arizona Cardinals taking the Seattle Seahawks. He already talked a little bit about Josh Dobbs is a take a chance for me quarterback. How about his primary receiver in this game, Marquise Hollywood Brown.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's the only one I'd start out of the wide receivers. He'll line up most open with Tarik Woolan, who has a one twenty passer rating in coverage this year, and he's already allowed two scores. Brown has double digit targets in four of the last five weeks, so he is a solid B grade here. Michael Wilson's two to four targets in the last two weeks aren't enough to warrant consideration, and Ronde al Moore's average depth of target is two point four. That's a complete disaster. So those two are on the bench. Zach Ertz is on the bench too. Seattle's been very good against tight ends this year. They haven't allowed a tight end score since week fifteen of last season, and Ertz has only seen four targets per game in each of the last two weeks. Seattle's only seen one tight end top the fifty yard mark in their last six games. The running back situation is absolutely gross and you should stay away from it. Imari de Marcado at the most snaps last week at thirty three, but only had three touches. Keyante Ingram had twenty six snaps and twelve touches but did almost nothing with them. And then they activated Damian Williams from the practice squad. He got nine touches on twelve snaps, and then they sent him back to the practice squad this week, which I don't understand.
Speaker 1: Just eye test. He ran the hardest of the three by a mile. I'm like, well, he looks like the best.
Speaker 3: I mean, nine touches on twelve snaps says something. They trusted him more than anybody else.
Speaker 1: And then they sent him back to practice squad.
Speaker 3: Exactly. No, I mean they could elevate him again, I suppose, but Seattle's only allowing two point six yards per carry. That's the best mark in the league, so everybody's on the bench. Kenneth Walker on the other side, he gets my fantasy Ardvark. This week, you get the fantasy yard var He's a double A grade For those keeping count at home, the cards are allowing one hundred and forty four combo yards and a score and a half per game to the running back position. Walker's still getting almost all the war He's averaging nineteen touches per game and a scored six times in the last four weeks. He's a solid double A start this week. Gino Smith, He's a B grade here. He's hit at least two hundred ninety six yards and three of his last four and he faces a Cardinals defense that's allowing the fourth most passing yards in the league at two hundred sixty six per game. But the issue is, and I mentioned it on take a chance on me. Dk Metcalf and Tyler Lockett both kind of working with some nagging injuries. Lockett's trending the right way, Metcalf the wrong way. Jackson Smith and Jigbo was might take a chance on me wide receiver with a B grade, and I like him. There's definitely no tight ends that I want to start for the Seattle Seahawks.
Speaker 1: Hey, speaking of tight ends. Let's keep an eye on this emerging Trey McBride Zach zach Ertz thing, because sure Bride's usage is going up.
Speaker 3: Zachson. Mc bride's a sneaky good play and if he's available in a dynasty league that you're in, he's a good stash.
Speaker 4: Right now, let me throw out real quick, if Metcalf were to sit for those daily players out there, Jake Bobo baby probably bare minimum just sitting out there waiting for your.
Speaker 5: I can't think of it.
Speaker 3: Wait for the.
Speaker 5: Bobo Bobo sla.
Speaker 3: I'm a Bobo Bobo.
Speaker 5: I've said it a long time. I just loved the name. Jake Bobo.
Speaker 1: Pittsburgh Steelers taking on the Los Angeles Rams Brian and for Pittsburgh, Uh, it's been a very rough go. But they may get back Deontay Johnson in this game. Off I are has the opportunity to get elevated for this one. Could come back. Maybe that's a spark this offense needs.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Deontay A.
Speaker 4: Johnson not listed on the injury report, so he sounds like he will return from that hamsterring injury. So we'll start with him and George Pickens, but just to see for both Pickens and Johnson. The Rams are allowing a meager eleven catches and one hundred and thirty one yards per game to opposing wide receivers and just one total touchdown to the position all year. LA's outside corners are Legit Darien Kendrick and a with the It's been both on a forty five percent catch rate and their coverage combined, they've only allowed eleven receptions on the season. That's one every twenty coverage snaps.
Speaker 5: Yikes.
Speaker 4: So softest of seeds for Pickens and Deontay Johnson and Pat Firemouth No C, no D. He's on the bench, not expected to play with the hamstring injury, and it's unfortunate because this is a good matchup for tight ends. The Rams are allowing five catches, sixty nine yards and half a touchdown per game to tight ends. But you're flipping a coin now between Connor Hayward and Darnell Washington, Who's an exciting rookie, but Hayward's been seeing more targets than Washington when they both see snaps. If I had to pick one would be Hayward. But they're both on the bench in this game, as is Kenny Pickett. He'll be sitting on the bench next to Hayward and Darnell Washington. The Ram sep surrendered four passing touchdowns and six games this year.
Speaker 5: That is not a lot. And also on the bench.
Speaker 4: For the Steelers are running backs Jalen Warren and Najie Harris. I list Warren first because he is the better running back between the two. Warren has outscored Najie Harris and Fantasy points in every game this season, all five that Brig has played. I didn't realize it was that lopside. It is, and he has only seen fifty five touches, twenty one being catches. Harris has sixty eight touches, just five being catches. But more touches for Harris, but he's getting outscored by Warren. But a bad matchup for both. The Rams are yielding less than twenty four touches per game to running backs for just one hundred and four combo yards, So Warren and Harris on the bench in this one. Now over to the running backs for the Rams. This is about as ugly as it gets with my boy Kyra and Williams already ruled out his backup Ronnie Rivers ruled out, So now we're looking at Zach Evans, Royce Freeman mile.
Speaker 1: Okay, go ahead, Royce Royce, drop the piano, Freeman, let's go, let's kill. Let's go with the official signed FFW name.
Speaker 4: Well, how many pianos does Darryl Henderson carry on?
Speaker 5: He's back on the.
Speaker 3: Baby grand I think it is about how many pianos does Royce Freeman have?
Speaker 1: Three?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 1: It does the Steinways full on Steinways that he's dragging behind him.
Speaker 3: That's a nice piano.
Speaker 4: I can't give a starting grade to anyone in this backfield. I'm still in shock over Kyen Williams and his ankle sprain. I'm very sad over this. But not a great matchup. Can't start any of these running backs for the Rams. The Steelers allowing less than a touchdown per game to opposing running backs, and this is going to be the platoon of all platoons, and that's.
Speaker 1: What worries me. So it's going to be stupid Darryl Henderson getting the most garried.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's a four headed coin flip.
Speaker 1: And was I wanted to be Zach Evans, who had some really good traits at ole Miss and I feel like he has he could be special, and all these other running backs stink, but just the NFL doesn't work that way. And the fact that Zach Evans hadn't gotten himself into position to get really any work before now tells me that John McVay didn't trust him and didn't want him on the field.
Speaker 5: Yeah, a lot of.
Speaker 4: Nervous, A lot of mystery in that backfield. We don't want to mess with that. Not a lot of mystery at wide receiver for the Ramso Cooper Cup easy a Pittsburgh has allowed some big name receivers to pop off against them. Brandon Ayuk eight for one twenty nine and two touchdowns, DeVante Adams thirteen catches, one hundred and seventy two yards two touchdowns against the Rams, Nico Collins seven catch I'm sorry against the Steelers. Nico Collins seven catches one sixty eight and two against the Steelers. Cooper Cup can certainly reproduce those numbers, as could Pooka Nakua. He's become the robin to Cooper Cup, who is clearly batman. Nowady is healthy, but again a great matchup. The Steelers are top ten and the most catches and touchdowns allowed to opposing wide receivers in a starting grade for tight end Tyler Higbee. The Steelers don't give up a lot of production to tight ends on paper, but those numbers are suppressed by the zero catches the Raiders tight ends head against him in Week three. Outside of that game, tight ends at faredwell against Pittsburgh, Mark Andrews, Dalton Schultz and the Browns tight ends all combined for good games against Pittsburgh and so A. See on Higbee, B on Nakua, A on cup Easy, b on Matt.
Speaker 1: Stafford when we come back justin air pair coming off a bad game. Whatever his prospects for a rebound in Kansas City, find out when we come back to Fantasy Football Weekly. Fantasy Football Weekly. Paul Charchian, Matt Harrison, Brian Johnson with you if you want to follow us on the side formerly known as Twitter. I'm at Paul Charchie and Matt is at Explosive Output and Brian is at bt X j.
Speaker 3: Ooh, charg Can I give a shout out really quick?
Speaker 1: Sure?
Speaker 3: Hey? My soccer team that I'm the assistant coach on we made the state tournament last night. We won in Super Section eight Double A. Congrats to the Saint Michael Albertville Knights boys soccer team. Let's go win a few games and take down State. Now that's awesome.
Speaker 1: Congratulations, that's super cool. Chargers take on the Kansas City Chiefs. Austin Eckler came back and immediately went right back to being the workhorse role that we were hoping he would get and came up one yard short twice. Otherwise would have had really a pretty monstrous game last week. Tricky matchup here against Kansas City worse.
Speaker 3: Sorry, well I like it.
Speaker 1: That's why this season we forget the horses even on here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, absolutely, so many so many animal noises on here.
Speaker 1: Odd animal noises. So obviously for Austin Eckler, let's go to the passing game here. I want to start with Keenan Allen. Now this temptation is just autumn adally plug him in as an A grade, but not this week into Wait, I got some individual matchups that worry me. Here on Allen, he runs from the slot on two thirds of his routes. The Chiefs have slot cornerback Trent mcduffey was last year's first round pick. Right now ranking his Pro Football Focus is thirteenth best cornerback overall. He's allowing a mere three receptions per game under thirty yards per game, and when Allen goes outside, the Chiefs outside cornerback Lajerius Snead is also only allowing three receptions and thirty yards. So there's nowhere to go for an easy matchups for Keenan Allen. So I'm just putting the B grade on Keenan Allen this week. Josh Palmer comes in with a C grade. He's averaged six sketches seventy two yards with two touchdowns in the games that Mike Williams has missed since last season. He led the teams in routes last week he had even more than Keenan Allen and the second most targets, had the second most receptions in yards. Tricky matchup again for him too. Gets all three cornerbacks, including the aforementioned Snead and mcduffy who I mentioned. Chargers allowing the fifth fewest yards sorry, Chiefs allowing the fifth fewest yards to wide outs and over the last month, no opposing receiver has top sixty four yards against the Chiefs and that includes Justin Jefferson, Garrett Wilson, DJ Moore, some good receivers, so Josh Palmer, just to see grade here. Gerald Everett's on the bench. I'm not chasing. Last week's touchdown tight ends are having some success against Kansas City. Three tight ends of top fifty yards, only one is scored. And the worry is that even with Mike Williams out, everage is still mostly an afterthought in this offense. In two games without Mike Williams, Everett averaging two catches for thirteen yards. Bench grade for Gerald Everett.
Speaker 3: So where does that.
Speaker 1: Leave Justin air Bear? Coming off the lousy game, he faces this good secondary that I've already talked about. I've got BC's and bench grades on everybody else. Chiefs allowing less than two hundred passing yards and a very modest one point two asking touchdowns per game, now working in Herbert's favor, a terrific history against Kansas City. Last year's two games against the Chiefs combined for six hundred and fourteen yards and five touchdowns.
Speaker 3: That's pretty good.
Speaker 1: It's pretty good. Maybe a bounce back game coming for Justin air Bear. B grade for Justin Airbear, which I almost went C grade, but just too much upside to be had here. All, let's go to the Kansas City side. I get the easy assignment every week of telling you the Patrick Mahomes and Travis Kelcey, your obvious a's. Mahomes has obliterated the Chargers, averaging three touchdowns per game in his career against the division rival. Only two other Chiefs that I want to talk about. Rashid Rice coming off his biggest game career highs and routes run and receiving yards. The rookie could be emerging out of the quagmire of Chiefs wide receivers.
Speaker 3: That got even murkier this week.
Speaker 1: It did the me cole Hartman thing to me, says plenty about sky more, I mean sky less, more is less. That is absolutely sky more is less.
Speaker 4: There's no reason not to just play Rice like I'm ninety percent of the snaps at this point for them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if you're the Chiefs, why not just yeah, let that kid run and see what happens. He runs two thirds of his routes from the slot where he's going to face cornerback Josh, Sir.
Speaker 3: Taylor, you're making that name up.
Speaker 1: I pause just for you, Yeah, he ranks his Pro Football Focus is coverage corner one hundred and sixty six.
Speaker 3: You're making that number up it and yeah, if you're.
Speaker 1: Thinking what I'm thinking, like, is there one hundred and sixty six cornerbacks in the NFL? Apparently, yes there are. I think he was like fourth from the bottom. So are Shea Rice comes in with the Sea Grade. We'll give him the opportunity here. And then lastly, Isaiah Pacheco. He's looked terrific, running hard in every game. Kansas City a middle of the pack run blocking offensive line, but fortunately the Chargers aren't great in run defense. It's ranking twenty sixth in run stuff win rate, twenty fourth in run defense by Pro Football Focus. Los Angeles allows the second most receiving yards and the third most receptions to opposing backs, and Pacheco quietly averaging over three targets per game, and he's seen more targets than Jeric McKinnon has this year. B Grade, Isaiah Pacheco, let's go back to the matchups, Green Bay taking on the Denver Broncos. Matt We've already talked about a number of different players we like in this one. I gave Jordan Loves. May take a chance on me quarterback. You gave aj Dillons, You take a chance on me running back? Who else do you like from the Packers?
Speaker 3: If Aaron Jones actually does play coming off the bye week in the hamstring injury, I don't think the Packers would need to play him a lot, but I'd give him a C because the matchup is just so good. He could be a change of pace guy gets six touches and it might be fantasy relevant this week. I'm not sure quite what to think of the combo of Romeo Dobbs, Jayden Reid and Christian Watson. Since Watson returned from injury in week four, the waters have been muddy at best. Reid's routes dropped from thirty six in week three to only twenty in week two. You're in week five, and then targets went from seven to two. Dobbs saw a similar downturn from forty three routes run and eleven targets in week three to thirty three routes run and three targets in week five, while Watson's numbers are climbing from his first week back to the second. I'm going to give all three starting grades, though, with Watson getting a B and Dubs and Reid getting a C, simply because Damari Mathis and Jakwan McMillan have been so bad in Denver secondary Mathis has allowed four scores and a one forty three passer rating, McMillan two touchdowns and a one thirty eight passer rating, and Mathis is the worst one. He plays the right side of the field most often. That's where Christian Watson runs from the most, so that's why Watson gets the B. Loose Mutton or Luke Musgraves as the squares call him. He gets a C grade as well.
Speaker 1: I don't have a cheap we still have a sep sound.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 1: If we're gonna run with this, I need cheap sound on this sport.
Speaker 3: He hasn't done a ton this year, but this is a purely great matchup for him. The Broncos are the league's worst tight end defenses, allowing six catches in seventy six yards per game to the position and half a score per game. Considering amongst all the tight end targets in Green Bay, they're all going toward Loose Mutton, So I definitely take those numbers. Russell Wilson has to be on the hot seat in Denver considering the losses he's taken, but outside of last week's disaster against Kansas City, his fantasy numbers have actually been pretty good. He's a top twelve quarterback in most scoring systems, multiple scores in four of six, three hundred passing yards twice, thirty or more rushing yards in half of his games. The problem is they're not winning, and the franchise is in total upheaval right now, and they're facing a pretty good Packers pass defense. Green Bay has allowed the second fewest completions and yards to opposing quarterbacks, with an average stat line of two hundred and fifteen yards and just one passing score per game. Plus he could get the hook at any moment. For Jared Stidham, I think that there's a real possibility there.
Speaker 6: Ye.
Speaker 3: I'll still give him a C grade, but it's much closer to a bench grade. Courtland Sutton and Jerry Judy are both on the bench for me. The Packers have allowed one opposing wide receiver to top seventy five yards this season. They're along the third fewest receptions and the second fewest yards to wide receivers overall. If you have to pick one, Sutton has three wide receiver scorers on the year. I'd lean his direction over Judy, but both are on the bench, and the Denver running back situation it's very tricky. First off, it's a good matchup. Green Bay is bottom twelve in rushing yards, rushing touchdowns, receptions, receiving yards, and combo touchdowns allowed to opposing running backs, So if they had one guy getting most of the work, he'd be very startable in this game. But problem is that's not the case. Jalil McLoughlin had the most snaps last week with twenty and got nine touches. Javonte Williams had seventeen snaps and ten touches, and then samaj p Erin got two touches on eight snaps. So McLoughlin is the guy I'd start out of these three for a couple of reasons.
Speaker 1: First, Oh, he's averaging like six and a half yards per carry.
Speaker 3: That's pretty good. Yeah, but he's also getting quality work in the passing game, including two receiving touchdowns in the last three weeks. Second, he's had more inside the five carries than the other two backs. Granted that surprises me. It's only two to one, okay, but it's more a third. Even with Williams returning for Week six, McLoughlin was on the field more. So I'll give McLoughlin a C grade. It could be like, could be closer to be output if they just leave him on the field more. But the other two I think are on the bench.
Speaker 1: For me, I thought Javonte Williams looked downright plotting in every game until last week, and then it looked like he just it finally looked like we got some the old Javante Williams back.
Speaker 3: Maybe he's finally getting healthy.
Speaker 1: I hope so. But that doesn't take anything away from Julian McLoughlin, who's got a spark to him that none of the other runners have.
Speaker 3: He's been the one bright spot on that team this year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for sure, for sure. When we come back, we've got more matchups and a trip in the Fantasy Football Weekly Time Machine. We're gonna give you some players to pick up this week that everybody else is going to try to pick up next week. But already on your.
Speaker 5: Roster, I used Julia McLaughlin.
Speaker 1: You're four weeks ago. Yeah, what do you are you trying to say this?
Speaker 3: Now he likes the peacock.
Speaker 1: Suddenly you're not eating our peacock.
Speaker 3: I'm glad you you slowed down on saying that.
Speaker 1: We come back. Premature speculation, final segment Fantasy Football Weekly, not like forever, just for this week. We'll be back next week, week number eight. Get you ready. This is a segment we like to call premature speculation. We give you a player that you'll want to pick up now that I'll just be trying to pick up after they've already seen what happens this week. These guys will hopefully already be on your roster. We begin with Matt Harrison.
Speaker 3: Kyler Murray returned to practice this week for the Cardinals, which means his twenty one day window to return to the active roster has opened. By the way, he's only rostered in about forty seven percent of sleeper leagues right now. They're going to give him every start as soon as he's able to get back on the field from a torn acl last December.
Speaker 1: Do you think they showcase Kyler Murray so they can try to trade him. I think absolutely, And they hope he plays well enough that he Garners trade interests. They can unload that awful contract without him actually winning games because they want to be at the top of the draft so they can replace Kyler Murray with somebody this year's draft.
Speaker 5: And you don't have to open the window all the way for him to fit through, which.
Speaker 3: Is he's tiny. Yeah, well, Church, you stole all my thunder there. But he does have a Week sixteen matchup with the Bears, by the way, which he could be playing for his job in your fantasy playoffs. And oh, by the way, that's against Justin Fields, who could also be playing for his job. That's going to be a super intriguing game in Week sixteen between these two quarterbacks who have a rookie looking over their shoulder in the draft.
Speaker 1: All right, Brian, you'll take a chance with me player.
Speaker 4: Not a lot of thunder to steal here. I'm going I'm going very deep here with Miami wide receiver Cedric Wilson. And this is more like the rare wide receiver handcuff play if you roster either Tyreek hill End or jayl Waddle. But really, if something were to happen to those guys, Cedric Wilson would step in. Granted he's not Tyreek Hill or Jalen Waddle, but he'll be a starting wide receiver in one of the most high flying offensive offenses in the NFL. Just five catches so far for Cedric Wilson, but averaging thirteen point six yards per catch, and again, if you were to get starter snaps, he would be fantasy viable. So if you got a roster spot to burn Cedric Wilson, why not?
Speaker 1: All right? I had originally said I was going to do Latavius Murray here, but that feels too obvious. Now set that up middle earlier in the week. So I'm gonna pivot Latavius Murray. Assuming he's gone, let's go back to Roshawn Johnson, who I think a lot of fantasy nors have gotten tired of at this point and aren't going to wait him out. Khalil Herbert went on IR he's going to miss another four games. Roshawan Johnson comes back off injured reserve. Not in Drear Surrey. It comes out of the concussion protocol. He could walk into the starting job because thatther foreman's.
Speaker 5: Not that good.
Speaker 1: Travis Homer is a lifelong backup in Darrington Evans has never been a meaningful contributor, so opportunities. There is a big big thor Nystrom guy Roachan Johnson. You get a big power back who could get the ball to goal line in Roshan Johnson. Let's go to our final two matchups. Miami Dolphins have the toughest matchup of their year. It's been up I think the toughest matchup of the year the Philadelphia Eagles. Brian, what do you think of the high flying Miami offense in a trickier spot in Philadelphia.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we got a fun game on TAPS Sunday night, but like you said, the toughest matchup of the season so far for the Dolphins. But a lot of starting grades nonetheless, starting with Raheem Moster, It's gonna give him a bee. Despite the fact the Eagles have the second best run defense grade per Pro Football Focus, and they're allowing a meager forty nine rushing yards per game to running backs on just three point one yards per carry, that's the third lowest. Philly has also just surrendered two total scores for running backs, so this will surely be a tough test for Mostert. Jeff Wilson has been practicing in fullest, he will likely steal some touches. Wilson is on the bench, but I'm still gonna roll with mostert with the b This is the toughest matchup for the Dolphins when it comes to the Eagles in defense, but arguably be the toughest matchup for the Eagles on the other side against the offense are facing specifically Tyreek Hill, who is out of this world right now on pace for one hundred and twenty catches, twenty three hundred plus yards and seventeen touchdowns. Hill is one hundred and eighty six yards shy of a thousand, and he could hit that mark by week seven. It's He's insane, Yes, absolutely insane. He is a matchup proof. He gets the A.
Speaker 5: Jalen Wattle not matchup hitch.
Speaker 1: A because you're on your last matchup and we haven't heard from Fantasy FONSI.
Speaker 4: Yet, not yet, but I'm gonna I might save that for the other side. Wattle, Jalen Wattle does not get the FANSI just to see for him. That's because the Eagles play a lot of man coverage, which isn't great for Waddle, who only has a thirteen percent target share when facing man coverage, so.
Speaker 5: Just the sea for Wattle.
Speaker 4: It does bode well for both Waddle and Tyreek Kill though that starting cornerback Bradley Roby and starting safety Read Blank and Ship have been ruled out for the Dolph I'm sorry for the Eagles, and last and sadly, we're not going to talk about Durnham smythe my boy Smith Tyston. He's on the bench, but Tua Tungo Viola is not. He gets an A. Tua's currently ranked first and passing touchdowns, passing yards yards per pass attempt, and quarterback raiding. The Eagles did just blank Zach Wilson, but that is not a big deal. Before that, they had surrendered multiple touchdown passes in three of their first five games. Philly also yielding the fourth most pass attempts per game at thirty nine, So I'm going to stick with an A grade for Tua.
Speaker 5: He's on an MVP.
Speaker 4: Pace right now over to the Eagle side, starting with DeAndre Swift, he gets a B. Philly is ESPN's top offensive line per their run block win rate metric, and they are also Pro Football Focus's top run blocking unit, and Miami is twenty seventh in run stuff win race.
Speaker 5: So Lake Swift here with the B.
Speaker 4: The Dolphins have also yielded the second fewest running back targets this season. Not great, but they have allowed the second highest yards per reception to the position, so that those numbers are a little skewed. Like Swift a lot in the bellcow role. He gets a B and you gotta love AJ Brown. He gets this week's fantasy fonsie.
Speaker 3: That's so exciting.
Speaker 4: Brown's last four games nine for one thirty one, nine for one seventy five and two six for one to twenty seven seven for one hundred and thirty one yards. He is searing hot right now. Miami's quarterbacks xaviing Howard and Ela Apple major liabilities for their secondary. They rank as Pro Football focuses cornerbacks one for nine and one fifty five, respectively. That is not good. The Dolphins have allowed the fourth most catches and touchdowns to opposing wide receivers. So easy a the fonsie for AJ Brown, But just to see for Devonte Smith, who has taken a clear back seat to Brown this season. His first read target share has dropped from twenty eight percent in twenty twenty two for Davante Smith to nineteen percent in twenty twenty three. This year, AJ Browns has gone up. AJ's a alpha Smith is just he's the second option now at wide receiver. He gets the C but B for Dallas Goddard in a spike game, because in twenty eighteen, the Miami Dolphins selected Mikeasicki seven picks before Dallas Goddard in that draft, and the Dolphins also allowing more than five and a half catches and fifty yards per game. Two tight ends safe bey on Goddard and an A for Jalen Hurts. I mean, you're you're not sitting Jalen Hurts ever, so for.
Speaker 1: Him, yeah, it'll coming off a bad game.
Speaker 3: Do you think spike games work a lot better for wide receivers? White wide receivers seem to really really dig the spike games and Harry tight ends are like whatever.
Speaker 4: And speaking of spike games, really quick, the Dolphins did take two over Jalen Hurts in the twenty twenty draft.
Speaker 5: I'm just saying, well, they were like neck and.
Speaker 1: Neck, but it's separated by round or two.
Speaker 5: Hurts We'll remember, Yeah, Hurts was the second round, all right, the.
Speaker 1: Monday nighter is really muddy here. We have unknowns going into it with Christian McCaffrey and Deebo Samuel, you both feel like coin flips. I think Deebo doesn't go, is my guess. But obviously, if Christian mccafrey goes, you're gonna play him. And so if that goes, without saying, I'm not going to spend a lot of time elaborating on that, but let's talk about what happens if he doesn't go, because then Jordan Mason becomes a viable player, and I'd put him in as a B grade. If he does not go, he's the expected starter even if Elijah Mitchell's available. Mitchell's got a knee injury, and we've seen Mason get more work in recent games. San Francisco has Pro Football Focus' third highest run block grade and Minnesota ranks fifth and ESPN's run stuff win rates, so Viken's actually been quite good against the run. The fifteen non DeAndre Swift runners who have faced Minnesota have averaged just three yards per carry. So I can get you to a B grade on Jordan Mason. If Christian McCaffrey goes and he's probably out entirely. If Christian McCaffrey does go'd be great. If he doesn't go, all right, so then let's go into the passing game. So let's start with the Deebo Samuel Juwan Jennings thing. I would only start Debo if he's basically completely off the injury port you hear that he's absolutely in great shape for this. And then if he does not go, the pivot guy that you want, and I think a really sneaky bye week starter Juwan Jennings. J Jennings is fascinating to me. He gets a ton of run when Deebo misses. He's a big body guy who can stylistically match a lot of what Deebo does. And all the Vikings cornerbacks are really struggling, especially coveted offseason free agent acquisition Byron Murphy, who's already allowed three touchdowns in his coverage, tied for fifth most Minnesota cornerbacks own Pro Football Focus covered ranks of thirty, ninth, eighty third, and ninety ninth. Juwan Jennings C grade and a possible pickup. And if you've got Deebo Samuel and you don't know what's gonna happen till Monday night. Go roster Juwan Jennings, so you can make that switch if you need to, and Brevard put Samuel in your flex so you'd have even more opportunities to make changes later. Sticking with the receivers, Brandon Ayuk A grade, Minnesota allows the second most receptions per game to wide receivers and Minnesota leans zone heavy. Ayuk leads San Francisco receivers in receiving yards against zone coverage and as I mentioned, primo matchups against all the Vikings cornerbacks. He's been playing great this year. Brandon Ayuk A grade. George Kittle comes into the C grade. He's had two huge games this year and four absolute duds with three or fewer catches and less than thirty receiving yards.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 1: In theory he would get more looks if Deebo misses, but that did not manifest itself last week and Deebo only played eight snaps last week. Minnesota and above average tight end defense so far, allowing the fifth fewest yards to tight ends despite facing Travis Kelce Dallas Goddard, so they're right defense C grade on George Kittle. We need him, we need a boom game. Those down games have really hurt his owners, and Brock Purty comes into the B grade i've given out as i've given out c's and c's, I think pretty fits in grade fits right in the middle here, But let's upgrade party. If CMC and deebo play, I'd bump them up to an A grade. In this game, good passers generally emerging with solid box scores against the Vikings, and only bottom tier passers getting stymied. Brock's a good passer. I think it's gonna be okay here. Let's go to the Viking side. We'll start with the running game. Alexander Madison clocks in with a C grade, a really dispiriting performance last week against a pretty bad Bears defense, and now he faces obviously a vastly superior Niners run defense. San Francisco's only allowed one running back to top fifty two rushing yards all season, only one is top seventy in their last twenty nine regular season games, which is amazing. Wow, Niers are a top ten run stuff win rate. It's tough now the Vikings have a top five run blocking unit, but still this is a tricky spot and Alexander Madison's dropped five passes this year to lead the NFL and drops which is also very disappointing.
Speaker 4: A couple for touchdowns. Two they would have gone for touchdowns, and.
Speaker 1: So it's also I can't so I can't talk to you about Alexander Madison maybe winning that way. So just a C grade there. Jordan Addison comes into the sea grade. Outside cornerbacks Chavarius Ward Diamador Lenore both allows sub zero seventy passer ratings and they've combined for three interceptions, five pass blocks and zero touchdowns allowed. So is a tricky spot for Addison. I can only get him to a C grade in this one. kJ Osbourne's on the bench despite taking over for Justin Jefferson last week. He only got a slight upticking snaps and targets and routes and not the big spike that we wanted from a guy who inherited all of Justin Jefferson's coveted route tree. And yeah, he's gonna be sitting on the outside. And as I mentioned, these are really good corners on the outside. So I can't put a bench starting grade on kJ Osbourne or Brandon Powell either. And that leaves us with TJ. Hockinson to discuss. He has seen eight or more targets in five of six games this season, and with Justin Jefferson out, you know the volume is going to stay high for Hockinson.
Speaker 5: Be nice.
Speaker 1: We caught a few more contested catches. He's only scored in one game. He needs to come up with more of those catches that are more meaningful. Now they could be missing. I just can be missing a coverage linebacker Dray Greenlaw and that could be a big help for him. B grade and Hockinson and if you're all that together, I can only get to a C grade on Kirk Cousins in a very tough matchup against the defense at ranks number one in coverage, number one in pass rush. Viking's pass blocking is improved, but still this is a really tricky spot for any quarterback. Only Matthew Stafford has managed a solid game against the Niners three hundred and seven yards in a score for him. That is your upside for Kirk Cousins in this matchup. Thank you for listening, everybody. We appreciate it. Of course, getting to the end of a long Fantasy Football weekly lots of Guillotine Leagues still forming a Guillotine leagues dot Com almost every day of the week, you can go draft a new Guillotine league, get into a fresh, brand new guillotine league. Super fun, the freshest way to play, And if you miss any part of the player rankings in this show, you can get all my player rankings for free Guillotine Leagues dot com. Talk to you next week, everybody, Best of luck this weekend. By about It. Fantasy Football Weekly is a production of iHeartRadio. For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows.