Speaker 1: Sabrina, Was there a time in your life that you would go back to right now if you could, would you change your age right now, if you could to go back and redo something, not even redo, I'm going to take that back. No, not even redo, just to go back and be an age again. It's not even about fixing mistakes, going out and being an age again. Is there one you'd pick?
Speaker 2: I think I would go back just to relive again that those couple of years of first meeting Jordan and ours, like first starting our relationship. I loved that time. I was doing such a fun work situation. I was in Vegas working at the Tropic Canna, doing the Dancing with the Stars live in Las Vegas.
Speaker 3: And then we did cruise lines like there was just so much fun stuff.
Speaker 2: And then of course, just like meeting him and after dating not the best guys, finding this love and it being what everyone else that I knew at that age was talking about a lot of my friends were married by that time, and it was like.
Speaker 3: Oh, oh, this is amazing. N So, yeah, I think that might be that nice Corney.
Speaker 1: Huh, None, that's great, I think that's good. Yeah, I'm I have I have two answers. The first one is totally ridiculous. It's just so cliche, but it's true. Where I'm the happiest I think I've ever been up the age I am right now. I wouldn't want to change it at all.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's awesome.
Speaker 1: And then my other answer is to the first time I meet Jordan, That's when I'm going to go on out. I'm gonna change my age. I want to go forward in life. Whenever I meet him. It sounds like a great guy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he'll change your He'll change your whole world.
Speaker 1: I bet you you will. I'll bet you you will change my world. Well, welcome back to Magical Rewind, the show that makes you want to grab your friends, your PJS, and your popcorn and go back to a time when all the houses were smart, the Wave, Tsunamis and the high School's musical. I'm wilfor Dell and I'm Sabrina Brian. Well, once again we have found ourselves back in a time travel conundrum. So hide the goldfish, cause we're gonna break down the two thousand and one sci fi comedy v D com the poof Point. We are two weeks in a row. Here, people, first, minute men. Now this the poof point, debuted on a rather precarious day for a time travel movie, first showing on the channel September fourteenth, two thousand and one. So this is three days after, you know, our country had just gone for one of the worst days in history. The movie is based on a nineten ninety two children's novel of the same insane title, written by Elaine Weiss, and we can acknowledge that once again we have a strange title that does it no favors. It has very thirteenth year vibe and also kind of sounds a little bit dirty or at least like a movie well about farts. So you can watch this movie not about farts, thank you, on Disney Plus. So go check it out now or later. You've all got free will, so use it anyway. We once again enter the sci fi genre for this, but also into a really surreal slapstick space as well. Worth noting that, not only in the world of dcoms, but also on television in general in two thousand and one, it was rare to see a story centered around a black family, and a black family of scientists at that, so once again kudos to the Disney channel for always being just a bit ahead in the field of inclusivity. They really have been. You name it, they get their first It's awesome. With that said, the proof Point is one of the lowest rated dcoms when it comes to reviews, clocking a twenty seven percent on Rotten Tomatoes and regularly mentioned when listing the worst releases from the genre. And well, one of the reasons is because we once again go back to one of our favorite tropes, unbelievably awful neglectful parents. The premise is so dependent on that, and boy does this movie have plot holes. Not to mention it looks like it was shot on a camquarder Sabrina. As always, I'm going to did you know anything about this movie before the words the poof and point, no, we're put on your schedule?
Speaker 3: Not at all.
Speaker 2: I was super stoked to see our guy Taj, who we love here on this podcast.
Speaker 1: So much, loved to so.
Speaker 2: Excited to see him and a lot of great amazing actors.
Speaker 3: You know that.
Speaker 2: I was excited when I first turned it on, and then it sort.
Speaker 1: Of happened to you. It's seeing to me. It was happening to me, and I couldn't make it stop.
Speaker 3: I couldn't. I couldn't. It was. It was a tougher movie for me to get through.
Speaker 2: Unfortunately, I hate saying anything a bad about the Disney Channel because you know, I am a Disney girl through and through.
Speaker 3: But this was it was a tough one.
Speaker 1: It was rough and this and again, they can't all be great. They can't love every movie. I can absolutely say that even in this film, Taj is great. He's tas Yes, there's a reason he was one of the stars of the Channel. He shines in every thing he's in. He's really really good. They always talk about it, like when you see especially a child actor, Yes, they have it. He has it. He just does.
Speaker 3: Yes.
Speaker 2: Also, another actor that we've seen now that breaks the fourth wall talk straight to us.
Speaker 3: And again that is really hard to do. It is and he did a great job.
Speaker 1: And we'll get into that because I have a theory that I called the Shawn Aston theory. And we'll get into my Shawn Aston theory in a bit, all right, But before we find ourselves magically daged back into middle school, or before we turned on this movie, let's get into the synopsis. A married scientist couple are forced to enlist the help of their children after an experiment goes wrong and makes them younger and younger. This is where we do our early thoughts. I think we both just kind of said, it's not great. We don't need to dwell on the fact that it's not great, but it's really especially because we've been seeing some kind of bangers, yes for different reasons stuff we loved. This just seemed like it was I mean, I look at two thousand and one. I mean, when did Cheetah Girls come out.
Speaker 2: Two thousand and three, three in two thousand and two, two years, so you.
Speaker 1: Filmed a year later, and this again it looked like it was shot on a camcorder like, it looked bad.
Speaker 2: The stage was, you know, the props and everything was just kind of I thought when we got the information it was going to be from a different producing company that that Disney bought.
Speaker 3: Like yes, right, yes, okay, because it didn't.
Speaker 2: To me, it did not correlate with the rest of or not the rest, but so many does d coms, you know, just it just really looked different.
Speaker 1: It looked different, it.
Speaker 3: Grown different, it read different.
Speaker 2: I agree, and I need my good old d com you know I need it.
Speaker 1: I need it. Well halfway through this movie, I was like, I never thought I'd say this, but I wish they'd break it the song or they start dancing on the team page. I do something. Anyway, Yes, let's get into the cast the movie stars. Obviously, we've talked about him, Disney legend and someone we love to imagine every single d com because he's amazing. His whole family is young Taj Maury Taj playing Eddie Ballard in this movie. He's best known as TJ Henderson on Smart Guy Teddy on Full House and as the voice of Wade on Kim Possible Wade, Can You Help Me out Here? He also cross over a few times as TJ on Sister Sister Show, starring his twin sisters Tia and Tamara and produced by the same people. Taj was also back on Disney last year as one of the stars of The Muppets Mayhem TV show. He is ridiculously talented and it could not be a nicer human being. Raquelle Lee is Marie Ballard, the older sister of the family. She was a performer on the first season of The Amanda Show and would later voice Nubia on the Proud Family and appear on The Hugh Lees and The Bernie mac Show. She also recently appeared on Disney for the Proud Family reboot Louder and Prouder. Mark Curry is Norton Ballard, their father and a bumbling scientific genius. Mark was a tea. The character not Mark Curry. He's neither bump. He might be a scientific genius. I don't know, but he's not bumbling, but Norton Valor was. Mark was a TGF standout for his hit show Hanging with Mister Cooper that ran for five seasons. You also see him in the movie Armageddon and on shows like See Dad Run, Living Single, The Jamie Fox Show, and Family Reunion with Tiamury and then Don Lewis played his wife, Marigo Balor. She is best remembered for her time on the show A Different World, where she played Jalisa Vinson. In addition to that, this is a very fun fact, she was also one of the composers of the theme song, which is really cool. But her first job ever was in one of my favorite movies of all time, Keenan Ivory Wayans at his best writing and directing a film that is hold your gut funny from beginning to end called I'm Going to Get You Suck Up. Very important in the Fidell family, and she's been in so many things, including hanging with mister Cooper with Mark Curry before doing this movie, girlfriends, Young Rock and better Call Saul. But she can now be heard as an exceptionally busy voiceover actress. She is. She works all the time, most notably as Bernice Hibbert on The Simpsons, but also on Star Trek, Lower Decks, Futurama, World of Warcraft, Doc McStuffins, and is Detective Terry Lee on Spider Man the animated series. Yes, she works all the time, but seriously, go watch I'm Gonna Get You suck It. It is so good. Now very important here because you know how much we dwell on this, but online you get a very different number. But on Disney Plus this movie runs a very short, mercifully seventy nine minutes, which is great, which is in contrast to the number listed on most of the Internet sources which say ninety minutes on the dot. But that is not true. Lies, people, these are lies. Do not believe them. This was no bull's eye. Don't listen to them, I call Pants on Fire. The movie is directed by Neil Israel, whose filmography is insane. He directed some of the classic eighty adult theme movies like Bachelor Party with Tom Hanks, which if you go back and watch, is not good and Moving Violations, and also wrote the first Police Academy movie, Real Genius with Val Kilmer, which is one of the greatest films ever made in the history of the world, and a few Mary Kate and Ashley Olson movies as well. He also go on to direct I'm Blowing Past Mary Kate Nashley Olsen by the Way, because nothing will beat Real Genius. He also goes on to direct TV shows like The Wonder Years, Lizzy Maguire, Nash Bridges, and Phil of the Future. Such an eclectic career. Neil Israel has been around forever, which made me wonder about this movie a little bit because it just didn't look good anyway. I'm not gonna dwell. I tried to watch it as an eleven year old, and the eleven oar old of me was sitting there going, Wow, this movie doesn't look good. And then poof Point is written by the dcom daddy friend of the podcast. Great guy, Stu Krieger. Go check out our interview with him. He's amazingly fascinated and we hope to get him back soon. So we're not gonna say anything about the writing because it really kind. I mean, the writing wasn't great, but I don't think this was Stu through and through. I don't know why. I bet you there's a story, but I don't know what it is. It didn't feel like a Stu Krieger movie. It did, frankly, I mean, yeah, how many have we watch now? There's been a bunch, so yeah, it didn't. Yeah, and we want to have him back on him. I'd like to talk to him about this. It's also worth noting that Darlene Marie, Taj's mom was a producer on this movie, something she would only do three times, and the other two movies are Seventeen Again and Double Wedding with her Daughters. Okay, So getting back to what you said in the beginning, So you said that we've only and this is right, we've only really seen this in quints where the actors talking directly to the camera, which then led to us talking about a couple times Parker Lewis can't lose, which you're gonna have to go and watch this if we can even find it anywhere. But it's it starts with Taj speaking directly to the camera, but just a single shot of him, like he doesn't move, He's in front of a chalkboard, and he's just addressing the camera directly. Here's my theory about this, and here's why I call it the Shawn Aston theory. So one of my favorite movies growing up with Shawn Aston was Whitewater Summer, and I had a chance to talk to him about Whitewater Summer. White Water Summer's this is going to do this very quickly. It's a movie about a bunch of kids that have nothing in common that go on a camping trip. It's like a summer program with Kevin Bacon as the lead of the camp and Kevin Bacon kind of turns out to be crazy and all this shenanigans happens and the kids have to essentially first beat up Kevin Bacon and then rescue the fact that it's really a Bonker's movie. But I had a chance to talk to Sean about that, and throughout the movie they keep cutting to him talking to the camera about the movie, but he looks older, and so I said to him. I was like, hey, Sean, I want to talk about this, and he went, well, what happened was they cut the movie together and they didn't like how the story was flowing. So like two years later, I had to come back and shoot these interstitials. And with the way this was shot with Taj, it almost seemed like they put the movie together and the story didn't quite work.
Speaker 3: They needed to help out with some astra and.
Speaker 1: They shot extra things with Taj to stick in throughout the movie to keep the story going. Yeah. I could totally be wrong.
Speaker 3: No, yeah, but that would make a lot of sense.
Speaker 1: Didn't it feel like that a little bit? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Even the end.
Speaker 2: I mean I don't want to jump forward, but the end where they've came back from a holiday.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yes, it didn't. None of it made any sense. And that's the only thing going through my head was they cut this movie together. It did not work the way they had it cut. They went to Taj with these interstitials, they did extra shooting days, and then they cut them in through the movie. Because he does there's certain ones where he's explaining things like, well, the only way we then got my parents, who were now seven years old together is by locking him in a room and making him work it out, and then they cut to after so you didn't have to see what he was just talking about.
Speaker 2: It was right, strange, Yes, it was just explained through words, no visual to see any of it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it's not even like they had him in different locations talking to the camera. It was just him in front of a chalkboard in the city. I think he's in the same outfit the whole time. I could be wrong, right, Yes, so it just seems like something they threw in last second, but we could be wrong. Let's start the poof point at the beginning. So again starts with TODJ giving us some straight to camera intro an overview asking if we can believe our parents ever used to be young, which is a question we've all thought before. You know you you see your parents. We've talked about this on Podmetrol and I've talked about this with friends where it's it's a beautiful and strange day when you finally see your parents as humans and not just parents. You realize they're flawed and they're just like you, and they're trying to figure it out the entire way, and and you obviously don't get that when you're fourteen, and you can't get that fourteen. So the premise great kind of premise, like what would your parents be like back to the future kind of.
Speaker 2: Or thinking about your parents as a teenager as the as the age that you are currently.
Speaker 3: That is a weird thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, my parents aren't going through the first you know, jitters of being around a boy you like or finding yourself.
Speaker 3: Right, things like that.
Speaker 2: You just don't really ever want to see your parents that way.
Speaker 1: And when you're a kid, you're you're absolutely convinced that you're the first person to ever experience any of these emotions that you're going No one's ever.
Speaker 2: Felt like, yes, that that is so so great about being Yeah, it is right.
Speaker 1: You're just I'm the only way.
Speaker 2: Your own world, in your own world, nobody understands me.
Speaker 1: And never will I hear this. You might be able to tell me this. I hear this happens when you become a parent too. All of a sudden, you're the first person ever parent. So it's like, here's how we do it, and your parents like, yeah, we've done this thirty two times and like, yeah, yes, but we do it a little bit differently. So yes, it's I think it always switches. Yes, so we we've all thought before. And he says he's actually lived with his parents as kids and that this is his story, which includes then instantly seeing his parents acting like toddlers, which is very off putting.
Speaker 2: Right off the beginning, I instantly went, oh, right, oh, no, right.
Speaker 1: Oh it did.
Speaker 3: I don't like this. I don't like it already, and I'm two minutes in.
Speaker 2: I agree terrible saying that, but it was that scene with her on the ground, whining and like a baby. Yeah, and it might be because I have a toddler who kind of does like that to me right now, and I'm like, no, no, I cannot take any additional It might be because of that, but yes, right from the start, I was.
Speaker 1: Just and I you know, if they did want to suck us in also kind of spoils the end, if I'm honest with you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, to see these grown people acting as the toddlers, it did kind of take away from when they do progress to that age.
Speaker 1: I agree. So then we see that, and then he kind of says, but you know, where we don't want to start there, and so boom. We go back to the beginning of the story, where young Eddie and Marie are brothers and sisters. They are stuck with their two very uncool and uptight scientists inventor parents who have the most irresponsible ideas. They make the house and neighborhood shake. They obviously have you know, they're causing explosions in the house. We find We will find out a little bit later that the university they worked for specifically had them build their laboratory in their home to get them off campus because of what they're doing is soo in a neighborhood. Yeah, so put it in a residential neighborhood with your children, right. So they're really awful parents. There's no other way to say it. They are just neglectful, awful parents. They immediately have forgotten that both the kids. So Taj's character is very smart and has skipped a grade, so he's in the same grade as his older sister, and they are both graduating from middle school. Both the parents have completely forgot that they're graduating that day.
Speaker 2: So sad, so sad, especially because we are in graduation season right now. You see the balloons in every and every grocery store. Right now, it is such a big deal for kids to go up into that next level. My little nephew just went up. He's now in middle school, and I mean it's huge. You cannot imagine forgetting.
Speaker 1: That completely and totally forgot. They forgot. Not only that, but they lie about the fact that they forgot. Yes, and then they're like, no, we remembered. Then about an hour later, the father forgets again, right, and she has to remind him again.
Speaker 2: And the worst part is there the kids are anticipating this, They fully know this is gonna happen. This is how bad they are.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're awful. And then at the graduation, the parents don't even pay any attention to the graduation itself. They're focused on the laptops. They're missing the kid's commencement. And they don't know their their kids friend's name. They know nothing about them, like, literally nothing about their kids, their children. They are bad, awful awful parents are the Now, Okay, let's if we're ranking, where do you put these up with me? You think about brink Dad, But he was he was doing it for a reason.
Speaker 2: He was cranky. He wasn't necessarily no the worst dad. He was just cranky. The Quint's parents, they were overwhelmed. They weren't great, but so.
Speaker 1: Perfect wasn't great?
Speaker 3: Pixel perfect? Dad was really self centered.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but this, but at least he was trying. He was like having meals with his kid and kind of trying to do stuff. These to me, were the worst parents we've seen on camera so far.
Speaker 3: This is like both these babies were oops to Daisy babies.
Speaker 1: Right, they were both. They weren't even born on purpose. These were these were scientific experiment kids who happened to be born exactly if they couldn't get any worse. We also learned that the dad hates dogs, because forgetting your children isn't a bad enough trope. We also hate dogs and keeps calling their dog a mongrel. Maybe maybe don't get a dog? Right, don't get a dog happened?
Speaker 2: I thought at some point we were going to find a reason of why that happened. We find a reason why he doesn't like dogs. But why did you get one?
Speaker 1: Yes, what's the point you don't like your kid? Well, maybe they wanted the dog to raise the kids because they weren't going to do it, which is possible. Another thing we learned here is that Eddie plays guitar. Now I'm gonna mention this once and then we won't harp on it.
Speaker 3: I don't believe that.
Speaker 1: Todd's a great actor, Mark Curry, good actor. This is the worst fake guitar playing ever. I mean, it's bad, it's ritten. Why not just don't shoot their hands? Yeah, or just do an insert of the hands of somebody who's at least knows how to hold a guitar. I mean, they literally don't even look like they know how to hold a.
Speaker 2: Guitar, and how good they are makes it worse. Right, you know what you're hearing makes it worse. Yes, it would be one thing if he was to a guitar plane.
Speaker 1: Or can few chords.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just just interested in it, interested in it?
Speaker 1: Right, they are shredding on the guitar while literally not moving their fingers. I mean, it's it's it.
Speaker 3: That is, when I take.
Speaker 2: My seatbelt in the car and I strum on my seatbelt for my air guitar, that's.
Speaker 3: As good as it happens.
Speaker 1: Okay, wait, please tell me that you're not driving at this point, because that's a I'm a passenger.
Speaker 2: I'm a passenger and I do all my good moves and Jordan gets all of it, like, great.
Speaker 1: That this is why you want to go back to when you first met him, so you could just sit there and play play fake guitar for him forever. But it's not again, good actors, this was not good, but they love it. But his parents are so science focused that they don't want this for him. Obviously, he's, like you said, he skipped grad he's very smart. But the next year in high school he wants to join the band Urban.
Speaker 3: Slugs another great name.
Speaker 1: Great did your parents want you to learn anything when you were little? They seemed you seem to be very artistic. Did they push you towards that or was more like, go find you and we're good with it. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Actually, when I wanted to start acting, they told me no, they didn't want that for me because it just was not you know, they felt my grades were going to take me somewhere else. You know, they just that was when you know, actors were getting emancipated from their families, suing their family. There was a lot of kind of crazy stuff happening financially with families in the industry, and so they were not super stoked I really had to break them down and get them to just give me just at least a background, a background agent, I mean, you know, and so then it trickled into doing more and more.
Speaker 3: But yeah, they were not super stoked.
Speaker 1: They did. They not see your your guitar playing your They didn't.
Speaker 3: See the guitar playing because that was kind of not that wasn't.
Speaker 1: You hadn't hold that yet.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I hadn't own that yet.
Speaker 1: My parents were were the kind of the same. They didn't want me to be an actor, but they were very supportive of everything I did, so that was sweet. Unlike these parents, we just were bad at all. No, the ballet kids, they love their parents, but they're embarrassed by them. That's a typical thing that everybody loves their parents, but it's embarrassed by them when they're kids. They asked them not to talk about science, but to talk about Little bow Wow and Shaquille O'Neal. They just wish they had normal parents like their neighbor who every time they look outside are like perfectly throwing the football or that kind of thing, and they know much like now, this this is where it got real for me, because this was very much like me growing up. They knew that their mom and dad were in the middle of trying to create a time machine, and today was the big test for two goldfish. Now that's happened to me one hundred times. Okay, yes, So this is where we then go into their lab, which is probably where the vast majority of the budget went, and it looks like it's kind of a cross between Bill and I the science guy and Pee Wee's playhouse. And it just doesn't look good.
Speaker 3: No, it didn't. It didn't.
Speaker 2: And we have seen so many amazing sets already amazing the dcoms we've watched.
Speaker 3: Yes, this was the shocking part.
Speaker 2: This was when it really was kind of oh, yeah.
Speaker 3: What what happened here?
Speaker 1: I agree?
Speaker 2: You said you could tell that's where they put I mean, most of the movie happens in this little realm, and it just didn't look great.
Speaker 1: That then led me to a question, and I wanted to ask you because I couldn't remember. Is this the first movie we've ever seen where there's nothing in a school?
Speaker 3: Well, the graduation was in a school.
Speaker 1: I guess technically for like two seconds that well, yeah, no, they did the thing with the Yeah.
Speaker 3: It was a really quick scene.
Speaker 1: So it's a start of summer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the theater of the school that they're graduating, and then you see you see which I don't know any schools that have this, where they have snacks and refreshments and things.
Speaker 3: For after after graduate graduation, which.
Speaker 2: Is not normal, but that's the only time. And then it's in and out and you don't see the school.
Speaker 1: You're right though, so it's summer, so that's why you wouldn't see the school. Okay, that's on me. Then that's that totally makes sense. The time travel trial doesn't go as planned when the mongrel dog how Dairy, who literally was the cutest dog in the world and just lying there trying to be yet maybe just love me Dad, chases a cockroach and then that leads to a part opening up on one of the machines that somehow looked like it was from the sixties, and he pulls the thing out. We don't know what the part does, but the dog now takes it, and so when the experiment starts, a fatal error has hit and instead of anything happening, so we don't it looks like nothing happens with the fish, right, and then we start to see them. Once they leave, then this voice on the machine says, two fish whatever deaged by however, So that's what the poof point is, which is a scientific term I believe invented for the book and the show, because I don't know if poof point is an actual scientific term. Is where the fish will at least we learned this with the fish. When they age enough, they just disappear. That's the brief point they poof out of existence. So we go to the graduation. The parents stand out by having horrible social skills. Even performing a scientific experiment with the principal's glasses, they set him on fire. Everyone in the entire building hates the fact that they're dorky scientific people. But there's good news. Good news is coming out of this. Eddie has a chance to be to audition for Urban Slug. He has one chance to join the band.
Speaker 3: Yes, the audition of a lifetime.
Speaker 1: The audition of it. Now, there's a question here in our notes where they'd like me to ask you if you were ever in a band. But I already know the answer to this, and I'm going to answer for you, which is you had your rock band band? Yes, that one of the it was like Mel Kardashian or whatever.
Speaker 4: I don't know what it is.
Speaker 1: Was play fake drums, right, yes, and yeah, so I know I'm not already getting to know you. This is I know the answers.
Speaker 3: There you go, fake, bannon it through and through.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 3: Bake it till you make it, bake it till.
Speaker 1: You make it.
Speaker 3: My version is what they did in this movie, and.
Speaker 1: It never really man never really made it. I think I already told you about my first band, Rude Awakening. I didn't know how to play any instruments, and I also couldn't sing. Back at the lab, the ballards realize they come back, the fish are gone. So, like any good scientists, they instead of figuring that out, just try the machine again. Yes, but instead.
Speaker 3: Of don't even look for parts missing nothing.
Speaker 1: Just not check any wires from our nineteen sixties stuff. Let's go back into Bill and I I the science guys, spinny room and just press enter again. Right. The machine then lassos the parents and spins it around and turns them younger. So now they are on and let's call it the poof point scale. They're starting to poof.
Speaker 3: They're starting to so.
Speaker 1: They're twenty one years old. Now the kids raced down of the lab feeling the explosion of what just happened. And I don't want to not gonna harp too much on the acting. But now the two leads are playing twenty one years old, and they're doing that by saying things like totally cool and slamming in a slightly higher pitch voice. The mom even thinks it's a practical joke being played on her. And when they ask, hey, who's the president, they say the ron Man, meaning Ronald Reagan. He's their political hero, Nancy Reagan's hot. It is a weird, unhinged kind of scene.
Speaker 3: The mirror, the mirror that now they look.
Speaker 1: Into they can see themselves.
Speaker 2: They can see themselves, but never happens again. They don't ever get put in front of a mirror again.
Speaker 1: You don't get to see them younger. Maybe one of their toun't you get to see Mark Curry one more time? I I don't remember that, maybe not because they don't want to dage them again. But this is where we learn something very important, which is where when they do poof or whatever it is that they're calling until the final poof, which is different than Europe's the final Countdown, which is a great song, but before they get to the poof they're gonna every time they deage, they forget everything they just knew, right, right, So this is an important thing. So the kids try to knock some sense in a mom and dad, but they're just two happy twenty one year olds who obviously don't ask to see a newspaper. They aren't at all phased by the technology in the two thousands of their house until they finally see a computer. So many ways they could have realized that they were in modern times, but yeah, just didn't do any of that. But one hole is again kind of fixed. When you want to say, well, just go look at yourselves in the mirror, you can see your two forty year old people. But they go look at themselves in the mirror and they see they're twenty one years old. For some reason, Mark Curry is dressed like prints, which I don't.
Speaker 2: Understands like Prince, I don't why, I mean, I think to put more hair on him. I'm guessing as why.
Speaker 3: Vick was used. It just was strange, Yeah, I agreed, strange choice.
Speaker 1: And then, like all twenty one year olds do, in the presence of two young teenagers. They start to tongue kiss in front of the children. The big problem is if they're they're starting to realize, or at least the kids are starting to realize if the fish have poofed out of existence, when are the parents going to poof? They're starting to realize that this is a very bad thing, and they the parents get into it and have calculated very nonchalantly by the way, they started to kind of realize that something's wrong, but have calculated they're going to disappear the next evening, hence the title the poof point? Right, do you think there was a better title for this movie, time Flies or maybe Back to the Future.
Speaker 3: I mean the poof points. I don't know.
Speaker 2: It just didn't feel part of the movie really. I know that they are going to poof, I guess, and go away, but there's just so many I think more creative ways that they could have explained.
Speaker 1: I think they were going for kind of big, goofy fun romp like Big with Tom Hanks had some goofy points, but was also kind of a morality play about what it takes to be an adult a child losing his innocence, whereas vice versa with Judge Reinhold and Fred Savage, which came out around the same time. That was more of a goofy switch your Body's fun kind of romp, and I think that's what they were going for here. Yeah, it just kind of never worked. It all felt really strange.
Speaker 2: It did, it did, There was a lot of other things that I think was hard to get over.
Speaker 3: Yeah, to be able to accept this name of the movie too.
Speaker 1: I agree, And again Sabrina said this in the beginning. I'll say this too. We don't want to be crapping on these movies. We really don't. It's we love going down the rabbit hole of the dcom movies. Not all of them are going to be amazing, right, And you can see from the reviews and from the Rotten Tomatoes, this was one that just people didn't like, right, And I think rightfully so. And it's probably one of those things where it's no one person's fault. It was just not a great project. But it appears at this point that the parents have accepted the truth. We get a montage of them now at twenty one years old, working to try to fix everything, and then bingo, they figure it out. But just when it looks like everything's going to work out. They start to glitch, which is the first time we've seen these kind of special effects. It's almost flubbery where it's like WHOA made Yeah, and hiccups. Yes, they hiccup, and they faded and out of existence.
Speaker 3: Makes me worried to ever hiccup again.
Speaker 1: Right, well, hey, if I can hiccup, maybe not five years off my life. That wouldn't be the worst thing. So we know now. It's also putting it in our mind. They showed it with the fish, now they're showing it with the parents. We know now that when we see this kind of matrixy glitch, when the glitching ends, they're going to have deaged again again and once again forgotten everything that they had just learned. So they were just on the realm or the cusp of figuring out how to fix themselves. Boom, they've deaged again and now they can't remember. And now they're fourteen, which is the same age essentially as their kids. So which again you think this is where the movie's really going to take off, because now you've got a bunch of fourteen year olds to get.
Speaker 2: Yes, I felt that I started to get on board now, Okay, that would be crazy to hap my mom.
Speaker 3: Be the age that I am, that would be bonkers.
Speaker 1: Nuts, And so you think that's going to happen, but not really. This is where we find out that the mom and dad actually grew up together. They had a crush on each other when they were in school. But again, the biggest problem that they have is that they've forgotten everything. So once again their kids have to explain everything that's going on, and it just feels like they've now put themselves in a loop where this is going to keep happening and for the story starts to drag. Yeah, because it seems like, well then we've got to fix this right now, because this is good and you just know it's going to keep happening. I was just the first time it happened, I was like, Okay, so they're gonna just about to figure it out again, and it's gonna happen again. I knew this was gonna come up again. What did you think of the acting as the parents deaged?
Speaker 3: Ah, it was.
Speaker 2: I mean I kept having to remind myself at this point Disney movie, Yep, getting that big act over the top. Yeah, so I was having to now remind myself versus really being able to kind of let go and.
Speaker 3: Just enjoy it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's where I was. And again, it was a lot of things. By this point in the movie, we're just not really adding up and and it wasn't easy at this point to really watch.
Speaker 3: So I think that affected like the big acting.
Speaker 2: Normally, I love that. I love comedy that goes over the top. I love physical comedy, you know, all of that kind of stuff, and this just was at this point I was already just okay, it's.
Speaker 1: It's one of the things for me is the phone test. I do not like to split focus. I can't split focus, but I don't like doing it. So if a movie or a television show or anything keeps my attention, that's where my focus is. I don't pull ot my phone and look at emails, or play video games or do anything else. As I'm watching, right, And I was doing all of them, all of of im in the background. After a while, Yeah, I just zip through it the second time. I mean, yeah, yes, same, same. Yeah. We also learned that teenage Norton also plays you won't believe this the guitar, and he is a as amazing as his son and be as bad as holding it as his son. I mean, it just looks bad. Yeah, But this also brings us right back to reminding us that Eddie's audition is coming up for Urban Slugs Urban Slugs, and so all the focus has been on the parents having a crush on each other and constantly getting together and breaking up and doing all this stuff. But it's also trying to show that Taj and his dad have a lot in common actually and are trying to find common ground. They do that more than they do the daughter and the mom.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the daughter and the mom's they're their meeting point. And their commonality was crushes on boys.
Speaker 1: Boys. That was it. Boys, That was it? Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And it doesn't really come out until later she hears the mom's is shoes with Norton, but she doesn't expose her crush on TAJA's friend.
Speaker 3: That comes up.
Speaker 1: Oh, don't even get me into Taj's friend. You can bleep this. But so then, of course what happens next is the parents run away. When Eddie does finally catch up with his dad, a obvious stunt double grabs his son's bike and starts jamming on this thing, just jumping off and down stuff like this guy. It's incredible and you think, well, this is going to come to a big bike chascene.
Speaker 2: Never seen again, No no, never seen again, Never again.
Speaker 1: He's obviously he's very upset because it looks like he has just broken up again with his future wife is now girlfriend. And that's when we find our gold, the wife who's apparently drunk on milkshakes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was strange, hugging a jukebox, hugging a juke box at a diner, sad about her breakup with Norton.
Speaker 1: And the whole second act is kind of about the parents teenage love, which is a strange detour and weird pill to swallows.
Speaker 3: It's Norton in a very bad light. He is very just doesn't think girls can do anything.
Speaker 2: You know, she's fighting for him to to accept how.
Speaker 3: Smart she is.
Speaker 2: This is like, this part was really strange to me. Yeah, I guess because they just really don't lean into that with movies anymore.
Speaker 1: But it's also there's supposed to be fourteen at this point.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 1: You don't walk around at fourteen going like girls can't do stuff.
Speaker 2: You don't know that doesn't have little kids think that boys. You know, boys can't do this, boys can't wear beans, you know, think.
Speaker 3: Like little kids do that. A fourteen year old.
Speaker 2: Is not going to say any of that stuff. So that started to get Yeah, age wise.
Speaker 3: Where are we at?
Speaker 1: I agree? And Marigold, of course finally opens up to her daughter about everything. No, I'm kidding, she opens up to her daughter's enemy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, another random character thrown in there.
Speaker 3: Why did we need her? We didn't.
Speaker 1: We didn't at all. But through all the rough season romance, the fourteen year olds think they figured out what they need to fix the time machine. But it's three o'clock. That's right, it's time for the Slugs audition. He's also apparently auditioning to be the third bass player in the band. It's a nineteen piece band, it looks like, and there's like two bass players already. So I'm assuming in my head again, I'm trying to justify everything. So in my head, the bass player was a senior and graduating the following year, and they were auditioning his replacement.
Speaker 3: That's how I got added another.
Speaker 1: I had to else did I love them? I had to?
Speaker 2: So there were so many storylines, so many mini storylins.
Speaker 3: Drop this movie. Why would you do that?
Speaker 1: Because Billy loved playing bass. But Billy's a mathematician. He got at MIT and he's putting his bass down forever. This is actually his last Slugs performance. I have a whole backstory for Billy.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, But it.
Speaker 1: Also looks like the girls that Marigold ran into and opened her heart up to at the diner turned the audition into a school wide party. And here was the thing that I thought was funny. I could totally be wrong, but the best friend again, the best friend comes and says, hey, I've got a bunch of cases of root beer. And I also saw some people have some bags of popcorn. And in my head that was the writer. Whether that was Stew's line or not getting through cases of beer and bags of weed, that's how I got that in my head. Because nobody says and I've got some bags of popcorn. That was a nice wink wink, we got weed and beer.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, Okay, I did catch the root beer.
Speaker 3: I did not think bags of popcorn.
Speaker 1: Okay, wink wink, Yeah, sticky, sticky, icky weed, that's what.
Speaker 3: That Okay, oh okay.
Speaker 1: The crowd also includes one white, redheaded student with long braids, and I am amazed if your entire Sabrina Sees is not about this random obviously tripped on acid. I mean this kid dropped mescaline before he ever came to this eighth grade party.
Speaker 2: This was the most non Disney character I have seen in a d coon.
Speaker 3: This could not.
Speaker 1: Have been.
Speaker 3: More off of what you expect on the channel. He it was.
Speaker 2: He was such a strange character. Yes, yes, and again not needed. He didn't add anything to this movie. No, no, no offense to him. Sure, he's a very nice guy. This character did not add anything. It was weird and again just another thing.
Speaker 3: I just feel like I was just thing.
Speaker 2: Ponging around in this this movie, just like ding ding dinging. I'm trying to take everything in thinking it's gonna matter. None of it does anyway, moving forward.
Speaker 1: It also felt like they just kind of pointed at people and went, all right, you're a weird looking kid, came here, came here. I want you to walk by and pretend you're just on ass background. It was like I am on as it was. Yeah. So the house is now overtaken with kid partiers, all while the parents work on their machine with just two and a half hours left, and as if the proof point doesn't even exist, the Urban Slugs play with a carefree Eddie and they rock. Now the band, I bet you that was a real band. Somehow I thought so too.
Speaker 2: The girl looked like she was actually a singing singer, looked like she had a record deal.
Speaker 1: So it was it was, okay, we've got we've got a producer, say it was because that looked like a real band.
Speaker 3: Was the kid, guys?
Speaker 2: Was the kid with the red Joey fatone red match in front? Was he a real part of the band because he was also acting? So I wasn't sure if he was actually a part of it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm sure. I'm sure he was part of the band. Okay, so he's jamming with the Urban Slugs. He's playing really well. But now the neighbors. Here's here's the strange thing. Okay. So I don't know if it's this scene or a scene before, but at one point they call the daughter, the ballad's daughter into their house and they say, we want to show you all the damage that your parents are doing.
Speaker 3: And the first thing they show this is before the party.
Speaker 1: Yes, the first thing they show them is he's cleaning up broken plates on the floor, and she says, this is from last week. You've had broken plates on your.
Speaker 3: Floor for.
Speaker 1: You kept these here for a week just to make a point to bring the girl over.
Speaker 3: What take a picture? And back then you had to get your pictures printed. You could have.
Speaker 2: Gotten it printed before the time you saw this, could have hated it.
Speaker 1: I mean, seriously, if you kept the broken plates on the flist the whole, all the neighbors were just it was ridiculous.
Speaker 3: They were so strange.
Speaker 1: So yes, they.
Speaker 2: And why are you calling Marian to talk about the parents? The parents are another adult weird moment because you would never call in a child to talk to them about their adult parents.
Speaker 1: And you always have the dad. They always had the dad going well, honey, I don't think we can blame Marie, like, well, of course you can't. She's fourteen.
Speaker 3: She shouldn't even be here. What she's doing here completely ridiculous.
Speaker 2: They would be talking to a teenager without her parents exactly.
Speaker 1: Maybe sweep up the shut on your floor that's been there for a week and a half before you call a fourteen That.
Speaker 3: Should be your bigger problem.
Speaker 1: Yikes. So the neighbors, they want the ballads evicted, even though their own daughter snuck over there to quote unquote drink roup beer. She wanted some of that sticky, icky weed. The fourteen year old parents figure out that the dog was the problem, and they need to find because keep in mind, as this party's going on, we keep cutting back and forth from now the fourteen year old parents trying to kind of figure out what's going on, but then also wanting to go to the party because they're fourteen, right, Okay, this is where they glitch again, and now they're younger again, but this time the white kid with the braids sees it all happening, and he crosses through and he says this, I'd love to play this for you if I could. Wow, trip it, trip it, trip it. And this was the extent of this guy's part. He just kept walking through with these one ballad liners. What did you think? Did you think he stole the movie? No?
Speaker 3: I did.
Speaker 1: Should it be called the braid point?
Speaker 2: Wanted him off my screen so bad because he did not fall in line with a normal Disney channel. I don't want to see that kind of stuff. I will watch older movies, more.
Speaker 3: Age appropriate if I want to see a character.
Speaker 2: Like that trip it held, I trip it.
Speaker 3: I just couldn't. I couldn't.
Speaker 1: So the party rages on. Party is raging, and the urban slugs think Eddie did great, but he's pulled away because his parents are now seven years old, riding around on scooters and throwing their inventions all over the house, causing chaos and eventually making even the white kid with braids. This this thing they invented, which is just a ball that spins with light, which makes no sense.
Speaker 3: Well, is the newest random character.
Speaker 1: And then they've got a pose for some reason.
Speaker 2: It was a long Yeah, does this seem like a very long scene for whatever this was.
Speaker 1: And it's spinning around the party, and they're spraying it with a hose and they're spraying all the other kids at the party. They're trying to swat it with a thing. It flies up the white Brady Kid's shirt, so he's now on the ground having a tickle fit. But now Marigold and Norton are horribly annoying, and they really young and back at the square one again, remembering none of the progress they had just made, that they needed the ball, or that the dog had stolen it. All that is once again gone. This is a disaster. The cops are now at the house, the neighbors are there. They're breaking up the party, but their daughters also there, and she says that the Ballards are actually great people and spotan eighty is not a crime. I actually liked this part. And here's why I like this part. I liked this part because it's very Disney, where it's like the whole point was the Ballard kids would look over and see this quote unquote perfect family and just wish their family was like that. And here's the girl explaining, we're not perfect family. I wish my parents were more like yours. And that is very Disney, where every family has their own foibles and every kid wishes they were in somebody else's family. Yes, at some point and it was like.
Speaker 2: Hey, Disney moment started to finally feel like the deec Alms that I.
Speaker 1: Love Disney moment, and this girl was good.
Speaker 2: I was gonna ask if the producers that love high school musical, one of the one friend that was really short I think also is in high school Musical. I don't remember really character was, but I wanted to see it at some point to.
Speaker 1: Ask pole we'll have to see.
Speaker 2: If this was maybe her first Disney job before she booked high school musical okay, you know, four or five years later.
Speaker 1: So her you know, Spot eighty is not a crime. She wants to stay with her. So her family's like her dad almost sounds like Winchester from mash at this point, where you know he's the neighbor, like, well, honey, you don't need to go crazy about it. So strange. So they say, fine, we'll give your family one more chance if the party's broken up. Getting his side card for sure, the white kid with the braids has one more line as he walks in and goes bummer. It's now an empty house. The ballads cannot find the part that was just missing. Now the kids have figured out that it's a part that's missing. Yes, they can't to the parents anymore, who are now have have d aged so much that they can barely be spoken to. It's getting bad and so everything looks dismal. Let's have Eddie himself explain the issue here. Can we listen to eclip too?
Speaker 3: They poof this time, it's gonna be for real.
Speaker 1: If poof this time, it's gonna be for real. Sabrina and with the music in the background. It was a moment. And then to make things worse, their parents glitch again, and they are now what two year olds?
Speaker 3: Doesn't she hold up to their three month old?
Speaker 1: Is that really how they get to be three month old babies? Well, but it can't be because he has to pee. I think they're too because she says how old are you and he goes.
Speaker 3: I'm too, Yeah, yeah, I think you're right.
Speaker 1: At this point, yes, the dad is in the bathroom covered in toilet paper and he's spraying baby powder all over the place.
Speaker 3: She's covered in spaghetti.
Speaker 1: Bacup and spaghetti there. This is where we saw them at the beginning. They're obviously have no help. Now they're sucking on popsicles. They're crawling around. But guess what Norton finds. He finds the part that's missing while playing with the dog, so he started to like the dog now and hey, I found the part that's missing. Now as a baby he loves dogs again. It's just so interestingly strange. The kids now have to fix the machine. They wrangle their baby parents right as they're about to get there. You think we're gonna hey, this is almost over. They can't get in the machine because the dad has to peek.
Speaker 2: True in toddler form, you are trying to get out of the house. The whole freaking car is packed up, baby ledgers in the car.
Speaker 3: Monroe has to pee.
Speaker 1: Okay, we got peepee time people.
Speaker 2: Which I was wondering how they were going to handle this part, because then they leave the toddler, the two year old in the bathroom by themselves, which is not really what you would do with the toddler.
Speaker 1: But you hope he remembers at least how to.
Speaker 3: How to do something. I would have just thrown him in the time machine and let there dad.
Speaker 1: Sorry, less than a minute left, their parents are about to poof, but last second they're saved. They were brought to the brink of poof, and now are they're adult selves with fuzzy memories of what happens. Their dadd even remembers that he said something about making a peepee, which it was a strange joke to bring back again. Yes, uh, Norton now also loves the dog. He remembers the dog. Enough we get a family hug and a celebration that the kids are actually scientific geniuses. The family's a full unit. Once again, we don't exactly know how the Urban Slugs turned out, but we assume he's going to be in the band. The Ballads are regular barbecuing inside the house because of course, when you grill, you always grill inside. They're spending time together and Eddie. It ends again with Taj talking to the camera, but this time dressed as a Rastafarian, saying they just made a trip to nineteen seventy five where Eddie got to play.
Speaker 3: With Bob Marley and the Whalers.
Speaker 1: And the Whalers. Now, I'm thinking what happened is at one point in the movie, which we did not address, they're glitching and trying to fix the machine. The kids don't know what to do, so he hits Undue and it brings the parents back, essentially solving the riddle of the time machine. I think he essentially fixed the time machine by hitting Undue. Okay, so now they have a working time machine, which of course it did not really talk about. So they made a family trip back to nineteen seventy five where he can play with Bob Marley. Roll credits. Here's your movie. This was a tough one, folks. I'm sorry for anybody out there that loved this movie. You gotta love what you love, yes, unapologetically love what you love. But this this one, this one was a little rough for me. I'll be allre it was.
Speaker 3: It was.
Speaker 1: Well, let's see if it was rough for everybody. Sabrina and I think we should do our real reviews.
Speaker 2: Yes, and there is definitely someone out there with a five star on this Bad Boy, a nameless review from June twenty sixteen.
Speaker 3: It would be crazy to babysit your parents.
Speaker 1: That's the whole rank you.
Speaker 3: That's the review, Thank you.
Speaker 1: And I've got the one star review from somebody named takanek. I think it is t ok a na see the best part for me the dog. I am an animal lover. Though literally neither of them about the movie at all, really, and I think that says something. We're gonna play another game today, and this is a strange one. When I was reading this game, even I didn't quite get what we're doing here. It's called One for the Ages. We're gonna read adult and child milestones that happened in almost everyone's life and according to the UK Office of National Statistics in twenty nineteen, and our very own American CDC website. We then have to guess what age they are describing as a milestone for development. These markers are off for everyone, just clues you can find online for progress. So, for example, if we said, what's you know when you legally become an adult, the answer would be eighteen.
Speaker 3: Do we have to say adult or child? Or do we actually put an age to it? You put an age actual to age?
Speaker 1: Okay, I think number three might have put the answer in there already by accident.
Speaker 4: Oh really, but I'm gonna read it. I'm gonna if it's in there. If it's in there, it gives you another examp.
Speaker 3: So here we go.
Speaker 1: Well, here's number one getting married. Now this is a course. This is from twenty nineteen. I think people are getting married later. Yep, I'm gonna go ahead. You go first.
Speaker 3: I would say thirty two.
Speaker 1: Ooh, you're gonna go even higher than me. I was gonna say thirty Let's see we got I have no idea what's happening today? It's thirty two. I mean, I'm disgusting.
Speaker 3: I'm disgusting.
Speaker 1: Oh, Sabrina is nailing it. Thirty two draws a person with three or more parts does that mean you that's when you first realize that you could what a person is? Like how old you are when you draw a person with three or more parts? Is that? Yeah? I mean I don't.
Speaker 4: I wouldn't even say you acknowledge how many parts of person? Is it? Just it would be like ahead a stick.
Speaker 1: H Okay, I'm gonna say three.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna go four.
Speaker 1: Oh no, it's four. Oh no, something's happening. Okay, I'm going to read this exactly. I was written having a baby twenty nine.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's twenty nine. But I do think that's kind of crazy because having a baby's twenty nine, but getting married is.
Speaker 1: Getting thirty two too.
Speaker 3: That is interesting.
Speaker 1: It is strange. Yes, by the way, I have no children and wasn't married till I was forty, Thank you very much. Starts to like looking at themselves in the mirror. Seven five seven five? Who are you people?
Speaker 4: This is six months?
Speaker 1: Oh that's true.
Speaker 3: You're right, Oh that's true.
Speaker 2: No, child don't know that they recognize that it's themselves in the I think they think they're looking at just someone.
Speaker 4: Are you guys raising vampires?
Speaker 1: No, there's no reflection. Moving out of your parents' house. No, it's gotten a lot older.
Speaker 3: It has. I would say, I'm gonna say twenty eight.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say twenty six.
Speaker 4: Well it's twenty three.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's a little better. Yeah, and here's the last one. Hops on one foot eleven, don't kidding? Two? Three? This is all the pressure you put on yourself too.
Speaker 4: The answer is five?
Speaker 1: Is it really? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Can hop on one foot five?
Speaker 1: But she's got a dancer's pedigree. That's true. There you go. Oh my, all right, well, thank you once again, Producer Jensen for one for the ages.
Speaker 4: And by the way, I just want to go on record. I have no connection to this. I think some of this is BS. I hops on one foot at five. I feel like that's late.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I do too.
Speaker 1: I feel like that's like, don't you start playing hopscotch when you're like three? I don't know, I listen.
Speaker 3: I just pulled it off the sites.
Speaker 1: That's true, that's true. I still think having a baby twenty nine is my favorite question that we had. Yeah, don't at me? Okay, can we do Sabrina ses please?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 1: And can it all be about the blonde kid with the long hair who just keeps going word or whatever. I know, I have to.
Speaker 2: Cut, cut, cut, let me let me scroll, let me scroll, let me scroll. I had a and they talk about it later and explain it later. I had a huge issue with the laboratory in the house. That drove me crazy. In the beginning, I kept saying, and really, and then in the laboratory, I know we talked already about this, but the poof.
Speaker 3: Point countdown, that sign being.
Speaker 2: Just a piece of paper with marker, for some reason drove me crazy time. And they obviously are showing the countdown, they show it so often.
Speaker 3: I don't know why. That drove me nuts.
Speaker 1: But they also have a voice saying, you know this amount of times out.
Speaker 3: I know there's an.
Speaker 1: AI that's obviously speaking to them, but they need marker to write down what's happening.
Speaker 3: Yes, but a marker.
Speaker 2: I mean, these are scientists, you, I mean, I know, it just mean I just couldn't believe that they don't have a printer that could have.
Speaker 1: Done I don't know.
Speaker 2: Again, that bugged me so much. And then going back to the parents, the mom Marabel saying this is why I was reluctant to have children.
Speaker 3: Thank you, mom, Please.
Speaker 2: Don't hold back glad they really never wanted me at all, reluctant to even want kids in the beginning that I had to rewind it.
Speaker 3: I thought that was a pretty funny moment that they swipe right on over.
Speaker 2: The kids don't even react to it because they're used to her saying these crazy things.
Speaker 3: And then I want to know who made these who made these neighbors?
Speaker 2: Are they the head of the h o A, Why are they able to be Why are they able to say we have taken votes, your parents are out of here? How can you honestly kick You cannot kick someone off your street. You can put a lean on their house within an h OA, but you cannot just say we don't like your daffodils in the front of your house.
Speaker 3: Bye.
Speaker 1: You can't do that.
Speaker 2: So that was that was funny, that kept coming back. And then you know, of course they did give Marie an opt to get the kids out of the house, so that was nice. But you're still just being very aggressive and you have no platform to stand on.
Speaker 3: So those adults in this movie were rough.
Speaker 1: I'd like to throw in a will Sea's for the first time, if you don't mind, and this will not be wait, I'm let me do it myself. Will sies. So this is the first time ever registered to me in any way, shape or form. I thought the house they picked for them, their house was weird, weird just the exterior of the house. It looked like they shot part of a hotel and cut there. It looked odd to me. I don't know why.
Speaker 3: The neighbor's house was strange too.
Speaker 1: It was a strange neighborhood construct do I don't know if we know where this one was filmed, but this.
Speaker 3: Was I didn't see anything, so let's assume.
Speaker 1: Let's assume it's Utah, Utah. It was a strange little neighborhood.
Speaker 3: No, Utah's houses are so cool.
Speaker 1: This was a strange little neighborhood. It was. Well, now it's time to rate our movie. One out of ten. You know, uh, Sabrina, what do we got this week? How about one out of ten more resiblings, one out of ten urban slugs, one out of ten, milkshake hangovers, one out of ten, white kids with braids, one out of ten baby parents, one out of ten mongrels, one out of ten Bob Marley jam sessions. Or I'm gonna add one out of ten non finger moving guitar riffs. Which which one would you like to pick this week?
Speaker 2: Sabrina, I think I think I'll go with the non moving, non finger.
Speaker 1: Guitar riffs guitar risks.
Speaker 3: Okay, I don't remember if you went first or me at this.
Speaker 1: Point, I think I think you went first. Last time. I can't remember, and it sucks that I have to go first.
Speaker 3: No, you go first.
Speaker 1: Then this is gonna be my lowest rated d COOM yet, I believe. I'm sorry to say again, for anybody out there who loves this movie, we can only take them as they come. It's just not my favorite. I'm gonna give this three non moving finger guitarists. It just this, this movie did not hit for me on so many levels. And props to my friend Taj, who is will always be a star. There's a reason he's a star. He was not even bad in this movie. And this was not a good movie. But no one could look and say the reason this was not a good movie is because of Taj. He did his he did his damnedest in this film. It just this project did not come together for me. So I'm gonna give it. I'm gonna give it a three.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think I'm gonna I'm gonna hit you right there with another three of non movie finger.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: It was a bummer because, like I said, I saw the casts and I was excited for it.
Speaker 2: But and again I don't think it was really necessarily them. I just think, no, there was a lot. It seemed now that you brought in that idea of the Sean Aston situation, that makes so much sense. Something could have absolutely happened during filming and things just not working.
Speaker 3: And you know, but the.
Speaker 1: Four main cast members in this movie are not bad actors. No, they just are not bad actors, not a single one of them. And this was not the project for them.
Speaker 3: It just wasn't. It just didn't hit.
Speaker 1: It just didn't.
Speaker 3: Oh man.
Speaker 1: And that is the end of the proof point. Thank you everybody so much for joining us this week. They can't all be amazing, but some of them are, and we're looking for them out there. We're looking for the gems. They're out there. So remember to subscribe to our feed and you can follow us at the Magical rewind Pod on Instagram. Thank you so much. Don't poof out, Bye everybody.
Speaker 3: Bye.