Speaker 1: You are listening to The Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: Final Hour on this Friday. It's a meat Friday. I just went out and inspected the Traeger grills. They're fired up and so are we. We have steak Freets with Burnet's Sauce, Steakhouse Wedge Salad. Also, we have oysters on the half showoo as it better than we do. No, we'll talk to Channing Fry, former NBA player, always a great guest. He'll join us, coming up here in a moment. Your headlines the Pacers coming back, they go up one to oh. Game two on Sunday, the Thunder favored by eleven Aaron Rodgers. He is flying to Pittsburgh and signing a one year deal. He'll be ready to go with a mandatory mini camp coming up next week. And you have Game two Panthers Oilers in Edmonton that'll be coming up tonight eight seven seven three. DP Show Email address Dpatdanpatrick dot Com, Twitter handle the DP Show. Good morning. If you're watching on Peacock, thank you, it's our streaming partner. We're listening on our radio affiliates around the country. Also, stat of the Day is always brought to you by Panini America, the official trading cards of The Dan Patrick Show. Former eighth overall pick by the Knicks back in two thousand and five, won a championship with the twenty sixteen Cavaliers. Channing Fry, now working for Turners Sports, also co host Road Trip in a podcast with Richard Jefferson Ally Clifton Kendrick Perkins, and also as a wine company called Chosen Family Wines, a partnership with former teammate Kevin Love. Channing Fry back on the program, thanks for joining us. Oklahoma City's biggest mistake last night was what.
Speaker 3: Started to get stagnant, and that last six minutes of the fourth quarter. I think if you watched that first Knicks game, the Knicks for moving the ball, the ball was finding energy, and the last six minutes, Okasees started to play we're trying not to lose a stead of winning basketball, and they stopped going at Tyrese Halibird, and they stopped attacking the paint and they started to just give it to SGA and everybody got tight and then the Pacers said, oh, here we go, and it's just it's it's absolutely amazing that somebody who's played basketball one at the highest level, played every position, whether that start DNP came off the bench to see how locked in for forty eight minutes Indiana is consistently. It's just death by a thousand cuts, right it is. They put TJ McConnell in, he's playing at a high level. They put in Eesmith in, he's playing the high level. You know, then they put different rotations in. I'm just impressed at Rick Carlisle's ability to lift up every single one of his players to play at this level consistently and not play hero ball until the end.
Speaker 4: And Tyree says, oh, y'all need me to be the hero.
Speaker 3: Okay, here we go, Like whether I have two points or twelve points, two hundred points, I'm gonna hit this.
Speaker 4: I'm hit this last shot.
Speaker 2: Okay, I was yelling at the TV last night. Now, keep in mind, I picked the Pacers to win. But I can't believe the defense that Okac had. There's one guy in the building. I don't care what kind of game he's had prior to that. There's one guy who has been built for this. He's not afraid of this moment. I cannot let Tyrese Haliburton beat me, I can't let him go, right, I can't. I mean, okay, help me understand this. What did you see there that he did and Oka see did or didn't do?
Speaker 4: One? They stopped going at him defensively.
Speaker 3: I think if you rewatched that first half, they put him in actions, and anytime in the NBA.
Speaker 4: Especially in the finals, you get an.
Speaker 3: Action, meaning two people go on the ball, whether it's a show and get back.
Speaker 4: Okay, see does that really well? Indiana Tyreees was.
Speaker 3: Struggling at the beginning of this because I don't think the Knicks went at him. So when they put two on the ball, they were getting down hill, two feet in the paint, spraying out, putting him in different screening actions nobody. They wanted to keep Nie Smith and Nemhard on SGA as much as possible where that's kind.
Speaker 4: Of exhausting to his mind.
Speaker 3: If you give a guy like Tyrese Halliburton four or five six minutes where he doesn't have to necessarily be in an action run, be in rotations, he can settle in to the game and start to control it. I thought at the end of the game, Okase was so they weren't present right and in basketball at the end of the game. You need to be present to like what the game plan is. If they were present, they would have ran over and made him throw it. But give this to Indiana everybody. They had what seven dudes in double figures. So who do you double team if the guy who's the clutch player maybe of our generation, which is crazy to say, the Tyree's, I mean it's crazy to say, but do you double team for a guy who has twenty three? This guy is fourteen, this guy is twenty, that is seventeen.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I'm not letting Halliburton take the shot. I'm just not totally totally.
Speaker 3: But in that split second that you have to make a decision, right, usually you would feel this guy doesn't want to shoot, that guy's afraid of the moment. Si Yakimas had big moments. Nie Smith is a big moments. Miles Turner has made big shots. So like that split second of not going the shot is already up and that's what makes them it is. I've watched a lot of basketball. I don't know how they do it or how they practice that. But a coach Joyce says, hey play forty eight minutes and they literally play forty eight full crazy minutes.
Speaker 4: It's it's a masterclass.
Speaker 2: I brought this up at the start of the show. There are certain teams that are so good and my reference point is UNLV back in the nineties they blew everybody out. Yeah, oh yeah, And I would I would keep reminding people in madness, you have one game usually where it's going to get tight, and I want to know when it gets tight, how you perform. And we saw that it got tight. They had a bad play. Duke ended up beating them. Okase, he's been blowing teams out by an average to thirteen points. Game got tight, and all of a sudden, Indiana's been playing in these tight games. And you saw the different I mean, SGA got the shot that he wanted, didn't go. Siakam had an unbelievable block on SGA. But then you gave them a puncher's chance, and that's all they've asked for. Hey, nobody wants to see us, you know, nobody knows us. Well, we're going to hang around a little bit longer there. And I think it's a testament to those players, to that coaching staff of we're down fifteen, we're not going to do anything drastic. Although Obi Toppin came in, he played terrible and then he played unbelievable. He keeps It's like Rick Carlisle keeps spinning the roulette wheel and John Okay, let's try that guy. You know, now, Harden might have a good game, or Nie Smith might have a good game. Miles Turner can, but you know the consistent is Siakam in Halliburton.
Speaker 3: Well, I'll say this, I think what Rick called Carlisle does, and I say this to my friends. He's the best Djenga player of all time. He's gonna keep tapping a brick until it gets solved. And the thing is the first half if they hadn't the calmness of him as a leader, to go, guys, we have god knows how many turnovers. They've always scored nine points. Let's take let's we can control that one.
Speaker 4: Two.
Speaker 3: What's wild is Siakam is the biggest mismatch for Okac.
Speaker 4: I would say next to like.
Speaker 3: Jokics, because Check can't guard Siakam one on one, right, So now you've got to play a smaller lineup. So now the best team in basketball, second best team. You know, if you're looking at the Cavs right for the regular season is maybe changing their lineup that's worked all year for one guy, hold on down, I know.
Speaker 4: That's crazy, right, And then two a great.
Speaker 3: Coach, whether that's falstro whether that's Joe Missoula, whether that's Steve Kerr, you know, Tylue, whoever, when you're allowed to use your players that don't have egos as chess pieces, Rick Carlisle is just every time dag Naut makes a play, he just he just says, oh, rook to pawn seven, like he just is playing and they run out of moves because he's like, oh, this guy's ego hurts that I took him out where the Pacers go, Oh, that's just Rick, Like, I'm going back in no problem.
Speaker 4: But it's it's for people who love.
Speaker 3: Basketball, like you can watch that game again and just see the moves be made and just appreciate the skill set of everyone on the court.
Speaker 2: Talking to Channing Fry Turner, sports NBA analyst and co host of Road Tripping podcast, also win a championship with the Cavs back in twenty sixteen. Okay, but with that play when you guys went, when Kyrie hits the shot.
Speaker 4: Yeah, is is.
Speaker 2: Lebron prepared for Kyrie to take the shot? Like he knows, like Jordan did with Steve Kerr and John Packson, they were going to take the last shot? Was Lebron prepared to not take that last shot that you guys knew if Steph was guarding Kyrie, he was taking the shot.
Speaker 3: So if you watch that whole series, Andrew Bogan and I've said this before, was the biggest thing that happened that series, right, they had to go small, and with that small lineup, Kyrie was we were I don't want to say the right word, is it hunting? But again, the only action we got, which is not a switch. They were the number one defense in the league. The only non switch where Golden State would put two people on the ball was when Steph was gonna getting ready to guard Kyrie. So we said he and now, no, this is true or not? We said, Kyrie, he don't want to guard you. So we start publing like get it. I'm like adult, I get it, And all of a sudden, Kyrie just does what Kyrie does and so for us, the egos went out the door. We said, hey, that's the best matchup for us. We have Tristan down there boxing out, we have Kevin down there boxing out, we have Brown down there boxing out. So just in case I think Richard was in the game or Jr. Boxing out. So that's six' nine six, nine six, ten six ten versus their small group With kyrie's shooting the, Ball, like you can't plan that over over the smallest guy on the court And kyrie is and people are gonna be. Upset but Watching kyrie for the years THAT i was, there my short, time he's a skilled PLAYER i have ever seen top to, bottom hands. Down, regardless when he shot, that we all, knew oh that's. Good like it wasn't even a thought of is this going in or. Not when he got to his spot and did that little, Shimmy we're, like, oh, yeah That's it's just he's just that. Ridiculous but, yeah bron was, like, man, dude the dude at forty one point triple doubles like three games in a, row like and people are, like, well you didn't shoot the last.
Speaker 4: Time that's Because i'm playing With, kyrie, Idiot, like and that's the.
Speaker 3: Matchup like people just make stuff, Up but if you're ready to, win you go with the best matchup and last, night not to bring this, Around indiana started Hunting. Chet chet had a bad. GAME i don't think he's gonna play like that every. Game but the Minute.
Speaker 4: Chet like started to be a little, weary they go got, him we got.
Speaker 3: Something and they started attacking. Him they started going at, him and then the. Finals that's a. Lot it sucks when you start getting, Hunted you either gun have to sit down and mood.
Speaker 4: In, puppies are you gonna Be you're gonna be over?
Speaker 2: There what's it like to be hunted during a?
Speaker 4: Game?
Speaker 2: No it. Sucks like this. Sucks who is the guy that you were guarding and you were, like damn that he's hunting.
Speaker 3: Me we're in THE Nba finals and they're playing five. Guards they were Playing Andre Would Draymond, Green Sean, Livingston Steph, Curry Steve, Kurk Steph, curry that's his, Brother, Steve Steph, curry And Klay. Thompson and they Put verashall in because REMEMBER i got traded For Vera. Joao when they Put verajao, IN i came in real. Quick and then they Took Steve kerry immediately took him back out and Put Harrison barnes in, Right So i'm now Guarding Harrison, barnes who's basically a, guard.
Speaker 4: And i'm a, center true, center and my feet are like cement.
Speaker 3: Blocks so they were like Worth, Channing so that's not like they're in THE Nba. FINALS i was, like, man, listen, y'all we're talking about the best team ever to, play one of the best teams ever played, basketball and you got slow Foot Ogre channing trying to Guard clay Steph Andre, go'dala who is a guard with me At.
Speaker 4: Arizona stop, It like what are we?
Speaker 3: Doing so hunting does not feel good because you're, LIKE i can't move that.
Speaker 4: Fast this is not WHO i am as a, player and this is just not my.
Speaker 3: Time, Hey Eastern Conference, FINALS i could cut finals Versus Golden.
Speaker 4: State maybe you KNOW i got you, Here. Brown the paychecks ain't that.
Speaker 2: Big we've been talking about The hall Of Very, good not The hall Of, fame but those players who were just there. Outside you, know they're on the, patio Like Jamal, Crawford hall of very, Right Joe, johnson if you want to put him in, THERE i don't. Know if you you have a nominee for The hall Of Very, good whether it's a player now or maybe somebody you played with or. Against Is Kevin love A hall of very? Good or?
Speaker 3: So let me ask, you this is the Basketball hall Of, fame right for THE Nba hall Of?
Speaker 4: Fame if it's, basketball he's a no.
Speaker 3: Question so he Wins National player of The year in high, school WINS i think two state, championships goes to college when's, there goes to THE nba for two years as a power, forward a cheby white dude From, Portland.
Speaker 4: Oregon in conversations to be the? Best is he the best power forward in THE?
Speaker 3: Nba then changes his, role wins a championship In, cleveland goes to the finals four. TIMES i know he got, hurt but he still was on the, team goes to the finals four, times goes To, miami goes to the finals two more. Times so like to, me how much winning does somebody have to? Do so he's they Go he's A hall Of, famer all?
Speaker 4: Right so A hall of?
Speaker 2: Good who would you, nominate Like Jamal, crawford would you Say hall of fy for?
Speaker 4: Sure jamul for.
Speaker 3: SURE i think you look at his impact as like the culture of. BASKETBALL i think you look at his impact on like his skill, set the sixth, man the, war like being maybe the greatest six.
Speaker 4: MAN i think if.
Speaker 2: He's all or A hall of Very, GOOD i.
Speaker 4: Think he has to be A hall Very. Good most my. GUY i think he's all of my.
Speaker 3: Guys but winning also equates to, this right if he had won a chip or gone to THE nba, FINALS i think that would change my opinion on. That And mal is my good, friend and SO i kind of feel bad saying, that but he, is he is above very, good but he's not a True hall Of.
Speaker 4: Fame somebody has gone to the finals five, times.
Speaker 2: You, know give me your nom give me somebody that you want to nominate for The hall Of Very.
Speaker 3: Good, uh, HONESTLY i would have to say A Mars.
Speaker 4: Stdomar that's a GOOD i mean playing and he was my.
Speaker 3: TEAMMATE i mean Maybe LaMarcus, aldridge Like i'm just gonna go through power, Forwards LaMarcus, ALDRIDGE i mean they Were i'm just gonna go through power, forwards, monsters monsters at their. Position obviously the league was, smaller but you look at their body of, work you look at how they did, it you look at their impact you look at Their All star. NOMINATIONS i Mean. LaMarcus you look at how many shots are main points he. Had he only had three. Moves he had a fade away look face.
Speaker 4: Up he was.
Speaker 3: Cooking trust, ME i play him every. Day it was cooking And amari.
Speaker 2: Cooking, like what About Stephan?
Speaker 4: Marbury VERY i, KNOW i think this is.
Speaker 3: CRAZY i Think Stephan marbury needs to be in The hall Of, fame the Real hall Of. Fame LIKE i Think Stephan marbury's impact on basketball, Globally he's one of the best GUARDS i have ever.
Speaker 2: Played more Talented kyrie Or Stephan? Marbury oh?
Speaker 4: Talented oh that's a great. Question Oh.
Speaker 3: STEPH i think people forget how good stuff, Was, like, oh, MAN i know if sneakers were whole hum, button.
Speaker 4: He's, MAD i, said we used to make fun of those, sneakers but it was a great.
Speaker 3: IDEA i have to go With kyrie just because like it's but it's not, skill it's talent. Free that is a great. QUESTION i want to Say stephanie because he has more Ops steph because Athletically steph was Just kyrie is just an absolute crazy man when it comes to, Basketball like he DOESN'T i think people say it he.
Speaker 4: Doesn't know what movie he's gonna do until you move your. Foot so for his ability to move his.
Speaker 3: Body as fast as you move your feet without being, Like i'm just gonna go, right he's, like, oh that foots, Up i'll go, left stop behind the back stop. Cross one of the best Shooters i've ever.
Speaker 2: Seen, like how About Sean, Marion hall of very, good.
Speaker 4: Dude these are hard questions Because Sean, marion he how is he not in The hall Of? Fame, Though like he did win a chip, though right In, dallas.
Speaker 2: And to have a shot that, started you, know at his belly.
Speaker 4: Button but, no like the fact that he would.
Speaker 3: Shoot the thing about it is it wasn't the, prettiest but he always made it when it, counted which made it even. Worse, Right but like his impact on, basketball it was, like, oh you're you're playing good, here let me shut that water. Off oh your center's playing good, here let me go guard. Him your guard's playing. Good and like his, motor his bounce like. THAT i think we got to look back at like those early two thousand power. Forwards that era is actually so much fun to. WATCH i was thinking about guys like you, Know chris came in And LaMarcus, Aldri Jen boozer And memono cor and, uh you know OBVIOUSLY, Kg, kevin you Had David, west you Had Chris, boss you HAD i mean it was a. Monster Tim, DUNCAN i, WAS i, mean who AM? I but like you, know it was a monster every single night playing those.
Speaker 2: Dudes, yeah you guys should do a podcast on that power.
Speaker 4: Forward we. Should you, Know richard be talking to.
Speaker 2: You great to catch up with. YOU i appreciate you.
Speaker 4: Guys have a good.
Speaker 2: Week That's Channing fry turn your SPORTS nba analyst co host a road tripping. Podcast also is a wine partnership with former Teammate Kevin. LOVE i love when you ask these guys about certain, players Because Stefan marbury was an incredible. Talent he just he had a better career In. China you, know The knicks were a mess back then when he was, playing but he, was like you forget just how great he.
Speaker 5: Was, Yes, marv he was one of the first one and dons he is At Georgia tech for one.
Speaker 6: Years, like, no he's going to the.
Speaker 2: League, yeah.
Speaker 7: Seton, YEAH i feel Like Stefan marberry in some. Ways for some, players as great as they, are it isn't always the play that stands in the. Way but it's just the, timing you, Know and sometimes timing is just.
Speaker 2: Wrong you.
Speaker 7: Know you might be the right player at the wrong time or wrong. Team, yeah wrong. Team there's a lot of things that there's a lot of different factors that go into the success of a.
Speaker 2: Player let's take a. Break coming up your phone Calls, also who had the best weekend? Sports we'll have that for you right after this And patrick.
Speaker 1: Show Fox Sports radio has the best sports talk lineup in the. Nation catch all of our shows At Foxsports radio dot com and within The iHeartRadio. App SEARCH fsr to listen.
Speaker 8: Live, Hey Steve covino And I'm Rich david and Together We're covino And rich On Fox Sports.
Speaker 2: Radio you could catch.
Speaker 9: Us weekdays from five to seven Pm eastern two to Four pacific On Fox Sports radio and of course The iHeartRadio.
Speaker 8: App why should you listen To covino And.
Speaker 9: Rich we talk about everything, life, sports, relationships what's going on in the.
Speaker 8: World we have a lot of fun talking about the stories behind the stories in the world of sports and pop. Culture stories that well other shows don't seem to have the time to.
Speaker 9: Discuss and the fact that we've been friends for the last twenty years and still work, TOGETHER i mean that says.
Speaker 2: Something, Right so check us.
Speaker 8: Out we like to get you involved, too take your phone, calls chop it.
Speaker 4: Up as they, Say.
Speaker 9: I'd, say the most interactive show On Fox Sports, radio maybe the most interactive show on.
Speaker 8: Planetar be sure to check Out covino And rich live On Fox Sports radio and The iHeartRadio app from five to seven Pm eastern two to Four, Pacific.
Speaker 9: And if you miss any of the live, show just Search kobe Non rich wherever you get your, podcasts and of course on social media That's cavino And.
Speaker 2: Rich just went out to check out the, steaks also The Wedge Salad i'm a big wedg salad, guy and the, oysters and you know, what more, importantly no, accidents because if you're shucking, oysters you know it's an accident waiting to. Happen but it's not over. Yet madylan is out there and he lost a, course a piece of his thumb a couple of weeks. Ago did it was?
Speaker 10: It found the?
Speaker 11: Piece you?
Speaker 2: KNOW i didn't ask, him but THEN i didn't have any of those lobster, rolls so who knows they have gotten a little extra meat in, There, Yes.
Speaker 12: Todd, no you say when you have a oyster, accident what do you?
Speaker 4: Say?
Speaker 2: Shucks to be you a? Shucks, YEAH i think it.
Speaker 6: Did today things are.
Speaker 2: GOING i want you to slow down here because we've had a good. Show you've had a good, show but you're on the verge of going from maybe A b to A c minus throw it all. Away, yes because you've had a couple of corny lines AND i protected you from doing it on the. Air you did it during the commercial, break.
Speaker 6: Right, yes that's, true very.
Speaker 7: True, Yeah todd is a little bit like if you've ever gone to a mountain like and where people are skiing and you see somebody flying down the hill towards the bottom of the, mountain and but they're a little out of, control and you're wondering are they gonna make it or. Not they might have lost a, pole they might have lost their goggles and, stuff but they're still sort of upright right, Now todd is in the process of losing things all over the. Place he might make it to the end of the, mountain.
Speaker 2: Though plus when he tries one of his lines on us and gets doesn't get the reaction he's hoping, for he goes then in the back and then he'll Bother mario who's directing the.
Speaker 12: Show and they're busy, working and they don't need to be in their, practicing.
Speaker 2: And they have comple to me that sometimes they can't do their job because you're back there doing your stand up.
Speaker 12: Act look how good they did with THE nfl countdown. Clock WHILE i was, wow oh wait we went they gotten until Next.
Speaker 4: Tuesday the.
Speaker 2: Clock look at the clock there it is if you're watching On. Peacock we spent days coming up with. That ninety, days eight, hours forty nine, minutes forty four seconds before the start of THE nfl. Season take THAT Nfl. Network, Yes, paula.
Speaker 10: And we checked the. Clock it's exactly. Right to kick, Off, Okay thursday.
Speaker 2: Night thursday, night the countdown to.
Speaker 12: Kickoff nice to see the equipment suddenly working, now which is.
Speaker 2: Good let's See lisa In. California, Hi, Lisa, Hey, Dan.
Speaker 13: So Huge, Steelers, Dan And i'm so confident that The steelers will not win a post season game again THAT i would take a pie of the face not only for, you but for also the.
Speaker 2: Day does anybody want to bet With? Lisa lisa says These steelers will not win a playoff. Game, Yeah, marvin you're In.
Speaker 6: Oh, No i'm With.
Speaker 2: Lisa, Unfortunately, LISA i think everybody agrees with. You The steelers won't win a playoff.
Speaker 13: Game all, right thanks, Guys all, right that's so.
Speaker 7: Disappointed i'm, like Will Aaron rodgers cause a coaching change.
Speaker 2: In pittsburgh this after this? Season? Well could it be one and done for? Both or well one and done with each?
Speaker 11: Other?
Speaker 7: There, Well mike tom winn't be on the hot seat by the end of this.
Speaker 2: SEASON i, KNOW i don't know if HE'S i don't know if they'd put their coach on the hot. Seat, Yes, mark.
Speaker 6: There's going to be hot seat talk if The steelers loose to The.
Speaker 5: Jets The, jets, sorry wait it starts right, Away, yes to The.
Speaker 2: Jets can we find out what's the line on that? Game i'm guessing they have point. SPRAYING i, mean i've the point spread for the opener With Kansas City. CHIEFS i THINK i think that six is that what the point spreads is with The? COWBOYS i think all, Right ryan In. Nashville Hi, ryan what's on your mind? Today Hey, dan good, Morning good. MORNING a couple of.
Speaker 14: Things we know that you always all up to your, debts and we know that every team always has a. Chance i'd like to call back to a CALL i Did july, twelve twenty and twenty four where we made a bet And i'd love that everyone's calling in and giving these grandio's plans about your last show and you. Retireing but we made a bet that if THE us men's national team wins The World, cup you have to stay on air for another. Year AND i just want a gentle reminder and before season poo, poo is that we know you say all the time every team has a.
Speaker 2: Chance you're, right every team does have a. Chance Uh, seeton you remember that? Bet not, Really But i'm gonna Take ryan at his. Word i'd take him at his word as. Well would you take the bet that THE us men's team will not win The World? Cup they will not win The World? Cup? YES i would take. That you would take?
Speaker 14: THAT i.
Speaker 2: DO i do not believe they will win The Cault cup. Year, okay, well thank You, Ryan, Yes, Mark.
Speaker 6: But if you put the best. Athletes if you Put russells THE us shut.
Speaker 2: Up imagine IF I verson And Michael vick play.
Speaker 5: Soccer it's literally the worst thing in sports radio every four.
Speaker 6: Years, oh could you imagine If Steph curry was on the?
Speaker 4: Hut?
Speaker 2: Uh could you imagine if If joannis was playing gold?
Speaker 7: Goalkeeper Because messi is actually the greatest like physical Specimen argentina has ever.
Speaker 2: Produced he's five to, four like one hundred and forty pounds or. Something that's what's amazing when you see him and you go, huh but he's that's the beauty of, sports all shapes and sizes five to. Seven Before messi fans start going, crazy how big Is how big Is? Ronaldo how tall Is? Ronaldo he might be like six foot six one maybe really like. That, YEAH i think HE'S i think he's a tall drink of. Water yeah he's. Hot oh, yeah he is got a he got a fresh. Haircut four, ways he's never without a fresh. Haircut six two Maybe gennaro In. Arizona HOPEFULLY i got that.
Speaker 15: Correct, yeah good, Morning, dan thanks for taking the.
Speaker 2: Call, oh by the, way thank you for sending in some. Artwork he he's sent. In uh it Says Dan, patrick with the different pieces Of arizona license plate and it's over against the, wall and thank you for sending that.
Speaker 15: In, WELL i just want to wish your happy birthday And i'm so. Excited first of, all five seven top one eighty nine Soft.
Speaker 4: Thank, You.
Speaker 2: Dan.
Speaker 15: LISTEN i love your. Show i've been listening to you guys for forever AND i just want to make tell you that you guys make my, day you know even better to go up. Today so awesome. SHOW i enjoyed it every single.
Speaker 2: Day, well thank, you thank, you thank you for the artwork, HERE i got it on. Display so The cowboys are now getting seven. POINTS i thought it was. Six oh, no this is week.
Speaker 10: One, yes these Are week ONE nfl lines as of.
Speaker 2: Today, okay So Cowboys eagles that's. Seven The Chiefs, chargers That's chiefs minus. Three let me see WHAT i have with These. Steelers the stealer Are, Oh steelers are favored at The jets by two and a. Half, hmm, okay two and a. Half bengals against The. Browns bengals In, Cleveland bengals favored by five and a. Half you see anything else THAT i need to bring to the attention for this audience here The. Dolphins The colts are one and a half point favorites against The dolphins opening week In. Indy don't bet Against Danny. Dimes let's See. Packers packers are favored by one and a half against The. Lions buffalo is favored by one and a half against The. RAVENS i Think buffalo's favored in every single game this, season at least to start this. Season so those are the point spreads that you didn't ask. For miles In, Waco, Hi, miles what's on your mind?
Speaker 16: Today good, Morning, Dan thanks for taking the. Call, yeah SO i wanted to extend an olive branch To saint In there for The hall Of Very. Good he said something about, timing, MAN i would hate to Be Monte ellis eighteen points a, game but he just missed out on The dud's dynasty.
Speaker 11: By a few.
Speaker 16: YEARS i JUST i think he's probably one of the best guys to never make An All star.
Speaker 2: Team all, right thank, You. MILES i didn't think i'd get A Monte ellis mentioned today on the. Show we were. Due, Yeah i've been waiting for. It finally came at about. Time who is the best player to never make An All star. Team, oh we're gonna need a week on.
Speaker 10: That, YEAH i Got Monte ellis five to twenty. Seventeen he had four seasons where three seasons where it was twenty four or more.
Speaker 2: Points Bag, yeah No All, Star, Yes.
Speaker 5: Marvin off the top of my, Head i'm gonna Say Mike. Bibby Mike bibby never made An All star.
Speaker 6: TEAM i don't think he.
Speaker 11: Did.
Speaker 2: No Mr, crawford did he make An All? Star? Nope hmm, okay, YEAH i wouldn't need a little more time to flush their. SOUND i think a little dang all. Right best player to never make An All star, Too bob In, Montana, Hey, bob thank you for the whiskey you.
Speaker 11: Said Oh i'm glad they're arrived, there dp in and made it all the way across the country, Here so enjoy that this, weekend either by yourself or with all the dan.
Speaker 2: Nets NOW i do it by. Myself there you.
Speaker 11: Go that's the way to. Go, well two quick basketball things. Here, Hey now that the paces of one game one and it's basically a foregone conclusion that they're going to win this. SERIES i would be willing to personally fly out to Give marvin that pie to the. Face, wow but there you, go here's a shot. Fired and then second and more, importantly everybody talk about How luca And Karl Anthony towns are bad on defense and some other. GUYS i, mean don't they have like six months of work on that and they have designated assistant coaches and just a whole bunch of people can't pay work on that until like next season and get better on.
Speaker 2: DEFENSE i don't Think Karl Anthony towns can be a good. DEFENDER i don't think, so not at this. Point he's been in the league for ten. Years yes, see but.
Speaker 7: There isn't a way that just like sort of To bob's, point, right spend the summer working on just his. Positioning, like, hey if you learn if you put your body here instead of, there that like that's all it. Is it isn't even necessarily like an effort. Thing it's more like an awareness.
Speaker 2: Thing maybe you, know, well you have to want to play, defense first of, All AND i don't know how many guys, go especially if you're a, scorer where you. GO i really want to be a little better. DEFENDER i, mean Does Jalen brunson say. THAT i, MEAN i can Ding Karl Anthony. Towns But Jalen, brunson now you can, say well he's. Short but still there are. Guys you know you don't have to be six or five to be a good. Defender but you Got you're stuck With Karl anthony town for three more, Years, Yes, marton.
Speaker 6: Only if The knicks had a defensive minded. Coach.
Speaker 2: Bloop all, right we'll take a. Break time to go visit the Tragger grills and those oysters as. Well we're back after.
Speaker 1: This be sure to catch the live edition Of The Dan Patrick show weekdays at nine Am eastern six Am pacific On Fox Sports radio and The iHeartRadio.
Speaker 5: Wap ever SINCE i was a tiny, BOY a don't one no come in a DUND.
Speaker 6: I took us To And i'll cut the.
Speaker 2: Dot Last cairl for phone. Calls what we, learn what's in store? Tomorrow Meet friday with, oysters steak, freets and a wedge. Salad who has it better than we? Do Lot Man dylan did a wonderful job, there all, right stay in sports. History final results of the pole. Question how about who had the best week in? Sports? Todd i'll start with. You your nominee is.
Speaker 12: We've been slamming them all, year so let's give some love to The Colorado rockies who just swept The. MARLINS i know was The, marlins and they're getting ready to host The.
Speaker 2: Mets, Okay Paul, Seaton.
Speaker 7: Yeah it's kind of, obvious But Tyreus, Halliburton, yeah it's just he's you can watch a legend grow in real. Time But, jay you don't get that too, Often.
Speaker 5: Marvin my favorite athlete of all, Time Leon dry title with the game winner In game.
Speaker 2: One, Uh, Paul.
Speaker 10: I'll Go pacers Coach Rick. CARLISLE i saw a lot of THE nba shows crediting him for the adjustments versus The. Knicks he got the big win and he's got a, title but he kind of doesn't get lumped in with the other great.
Speaker 2: Coaches, yeah well he's got AN nba? Title does he have a title with a player with The celtics as?
Speaker 4: Well is that? Right?
Speaker 2: Marvin it?
Speaker 6: Is?
Speaker 2: Okay all? Right? Uh ken In? Connecticut? Hi, ken went's on your mind?
Speaker 16: Today hey, GUYS i love the.
Speaker 17: Show first, time long, time six foot a hard. HARD i wanted to give a nomination for Best player to never make AN Nba All star. Team the former running mate Of Dame lillard CE j.
Speaker 2: McCollums, okay hey had some. Moments you go back to. College didn't he have a huge tournament game he beat?
Speaker 4: Book?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah CE j.
Speaker 6: McCollum that game got him, some he got got him.
Speaker 2: Paid what was That Lee?
Speaker 4: High it?
Speaker 6: Was?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Uh jeff In? Detroit what?
Speaker 14: Up?
Speaker 15: No?
Speaker 4: Wow?
Speaker 2: Wow where Has Jeff jeff been under?
Speaker 18: Happening what's? Happening, Man i've been tearing attention To i've been kind of in the fact Roun i'm paying attention To fritzy on the plane and. Everything you guys have been sorry you lost the award, again but you KNOW i was, pulling.
Speaker 2: So we didn't lose. It we just didn't win.
Speaker 18: It, yeah, yeah, Yeah, okay that's what we'll say that what will? SAY i, uh the job THAT i, HAD i actually do some chauffeur in AND i Had Green day last, year and they actually know about The Dan patrick.
Speaker 11: Show in the situation about.
Speaker 18: The rock And Roll hall Of, FAME a couple of their, fans a couple of your fans reached out to them and told. Them so they're well aware of the. Show it's funny like. THAT i wanted to swish. It you were talking ABOUT. NBA i wanted to swish real. Quick most underrated player in your? Opinion the top three me Personally Bernard, King Scottie, pittman And Tom. Chambers Tom champers was the first traffic, jammer as they called, them the great one of the greatest dumpers. Ever and a lot of people don't know about him, because, UH i guess basically the era that they played. In what are you top?
Speaker 2: Three, WELL i am a Big Bernard king, fan BUT i got to see that in, person and, uh you, know sometimes those things, stay they resonate a little bit. More i've Said Tom chambers was a great in traffic. Dunker he was a Great he was an, athletic big guy and doesn't get enough. CREDIT i think he's got twenty thousand. Points, Yes, marv.
Speaker 5: What about maybe not, underrated but a guy that was probably born too. Early Dale, Ellis, Yeah Dale ellis shoot like can you play it?
Speaker 14: Now he?
Speaker 2: Could he, could he could shoot, deep, great great, shot beautiful. Form loved. IT i don't know If scotty's. UNDERRATED i, MEAN i guess you're In mike's shadow like his numbers aren't. Crazy he was just he was a whatever you need me to do from game to. Game when he picked Up Mark jackson full court in the, playoffs AND i mean he changed the. Series he could guard all one through. Five he wasn't a, great he was a, slasher he was a. Score he not a, shooter didn't have a you, know but he could do everything and was Was mike's equan, defense if not a better all around. Defender mike on the ball was, great But scotty was great off on the ball help. Defense, yeah, PAUL.
Speaker 10: I think there's as many people that Think Scottie pippen is overrated as. Underrated here's why it's. Fair he doesn't seem like a guy who could do it, alone.
Speaker 2: But he almost. Did the year After mike, left they should have gone to THE nba. Finals, yeah that was a bad call By Hugh hollins and cost him with The knicks where they would have gone to the. Finals and NAMES i, know take him, down all send it, In Big, Ben take him, Down Big. Ben this day in sports, History, PAULINE.
Speaker 4: I just got.
Speaker 10: One nineteen thirty nine In, Williamsport, pennsylvania the first Ever Little league game was Played Lundy. Lumber they opened up a can on Like Homing dare twenty three. Eight those kids Like Homing dare no.
Speaker 4: Show.
Speaker 2: Wow it was on this. Date in nineteen sixty, Nine Joe namath. Resigned he resigned from THE. Nfl the, Commissioner Pete roselle told him that he had to sell his stake in A New York city. Bar they wouldn't let him have ownership or part. Ownership what was, It bachelor's? Three, YES i think was the name of the. BAR i don't it's not around. ANYMORE i don't think. So nineteen forty. Six The Basketball association Of america later became THE. Nba it was founded at The Commodore hotel In New. York AND i think The Commodore hotel might be where The hyatt is on forty Second, street forty second In lex The Commodore. Hotel don't think it's around. Anymore, yes so if they kept, it we'd be discussing THE BAA baa.
Speaker 6: Huh that would have been a bad.
Speaker 2: Idea, Okay i'm gonna give you a blue at final minute of the show and give you a. Blue that's. Generous, yeah that it is it's a walk, Off, todd see? You oh, no, no, no, no. No what did you learn? Today?
Speaker 12: Ton after getting things worked out With Aaron? Rodgers The steels odds to win The Super, BOWL a number of games they will win the season are. Unchanged how about that?
Speaker 2: Seat, No, connor what did you learn? Today todd managed to keep it. Together he made it well. Done, Laden, yeah thank. You, yes sometimes we have to help you help. Yourself fair Fair, marvin what did you learn? Today the number twelve is not retired by The steelers and probably not going to be anytime. Soon, paul what did you learn? TODAY i learned more About koumomoto. Oysters, yeah you get a. Chance they're. Awesome all these well fleet oysters pretty tasty, Today? Todd what DID i? Learn on Today's aword nominated?
Speaker 12: Program angela And oklahoma is very frustrated with her?
Speaker 4: Thunder, oh.
Speaker 2: Pickleball is booming And tyro is leading the. Charge great. Sponsor they build a great, product the first shoe built just for, pickleball and it'll outlast your tennis. Shoes you got, comfort you got, grip you got. Game tyrol t y R O l play, longer move quicker and at least look like you know what you're. Doing tyrolpickleball dot com thanks for the. Support great week hope you enjoyed. It we'll do our best to be better On. Monday For Fritzie seat and Mar paula yours truly have a great. Weekend