Speaker 1: Basketball fans, it's crunch time. The NBA playoffs are heating up, and every game is do or die. With the finals on the horizon, There's never been a better time to get in on the action. Right now, you can play along with DraftKings Pick six, a fresh way to experience daily fantasy sports. All new customers who pages five dollars will score fifty dollars in bonus picks to keep you locked in all postseason long. Get started, It's simple. Just download the DraftKings Pick six app and sign up with Cold TBC. Pick at least two players and choose if they'll have more or less of a stat like when they.
Speaker 2: Score twenty points or have three or more assists.
Speaker 1: Download the DraftKings Pick six app now and sign up with Cold TBC.
Speaker 2: Only on DraftKings Pick six. The crown is yours.
Speaker 3: Wake that ass up in the morning.
Speaker 1: Breakfast Club Morning, everybody's dej NV just hilarious, Charlamagne the guy, we are the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: We got a special guest in the building.
Speaker 3: Yes indeed, snoop, no yay? What's with the icon, living Man? How you feel about.
Speaker 4: Working hard and hardly working? Happy to be back in the big apple Man.
Speaker 5: You know what I was thinking of other day, I said, Man, when Snoop looks in the mirror, now who's ThEC more Snooper Calvin.
Speaker 4: I think I see h a grandfather because like the things that I deal with now is like I deal with grandkids. I deal with kids. It's like a perspective that I have as far as like wisdom. Now that's the part that really be throwing me off because I used to be like I don't want to teach you, to educate you, but now it's like I love doing it. It's like it's wisdom. When you get older, you get wise. When I realized that being a grandfather is like a treat because I remember how great my grandfather was to me.
Speaker 2: Your life changes a lot.
Speaker 4: Though.
Speaker 1: I seen your wife and big boy, and she was like, Snoop's not allowed to smoke upstairs anymore because that's what the grandkids are.
Speaker 2: So yeah, life is changed a lot. So talk about that a little bit.
Speaker 4: Well, adjustments, you know, as you get older, you get wise when you got to make adjustments for the situation that you're in. I got a strong ass wife, you know what I'm saying, Like she really been holding down for the longest and when she say certain things, I don't even go against it. And it was best for the family. It wasn't necessary. And I just love the fact that I'm able to grow in front everybody's eyes, to be able to look back and say, well, I remember when you was nineteen and twenty and you was this and that and now you're this, Just to show an example of you can do the right thing if you put your mind to doing the right thing.
Speaker 3: Grips can get old too.
Speaker 5: Hey, man, now I see way and say that grandkids teach you how you should have loved your kids.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I say that too. I say with my grandkids, I do a lot of things that I didn't do for my kids, and I'm more like softer on them because I feel like they're precious. When my kids, I was hard on them, and I'm like, man, was I wrong or right for that? Because the way I was raised, you know, you're supposed to put your kids in positions to understand that life is real. You don't want to set them up for nothing that's fake. But now when it comes to my grandkids, I try to protect them. So it was like, it's crazy to have that emotion and say, okay with my kids. I was just away with my grandkids. I'm I'm not gonna do that same thing with them. I'm gonna make sure that I'm able to love them and talk to them and not argue with them. But me and my grandson, we have had a couple of arguments. Or his grandson. He got a lot of my DNA and he says what he feels, and he feels what he says.
Speaker 2: Now with this album here Snoop, is it a crime? Is it a crime?
Speaker 1: I feel like listening to the album, like I don't know why, but I feel like you have something to prove, like you would have proved to people that you can you can rap, and you get busy, like you know, listening to this album last time, I'm like, this ain't no just fun Snoop album.
Speaker 2: This is I want to show you guys, I can spin. I can rap two you.
Speaker 4: Know, I'm a rapper, so we're competitive. So when you're not hearing or seeing, then you get to, you know, feeling like maybe I need to try one more time or get back into what I do. I'm an AMC and I love to rap. I love to make music and people love my voice and they love when I make great records, and when I don't make great records, people let me know that as well. So I hear all of that, and it makes me say to myself, I should treat myself like a musician and not like a rapper, because if you're a musician, you can make music until you die. But when you're a rapper, they try to put a cap on you. So I'm in a musician mind state of you know, whatever feels good to you must be good for you. And when I make music sometimes it's good for you.
Speaker 3: What was missionary to you?
Speaker 4: Missionary was Doctor Drane Snoop Dogg getting together for the first time in twenty some years, allowing Doctor Dre to produce Snoop Dogg for the first time. And what I mean by produce, I mean by producing, like say first and I was an R and B singer, and they'll present an R and B singer a song and say I need you to sing this song exactly like that. That's what missionary was. Songs being presented, spirits of Doctor Dre driving and leading and producing Snoop Dogg for what he thought was best for him at the time. The first record is that we did together. He was a producer, I was a rapper. I would spit motion feel. He would take that and create it and make it into what it was. This was the first time that I was not writing my own material, allowing them to take the lead, because I believe in doctor Dream, when he drives, I sit in the passenger seat, and that was a project that he drove. So I got back into my seat and let him drive.
Speaker 5: Do you think, y'all y'all created an impossible an impossible bar for yourselves with the Chronic with Doggy Style, with two thousand, Absolutely, I don't.
Speaker 4: Think it's an impossible bar. I just think it's the times. You gotta understand. When those records came out, rap wasn't popular, so he wasn't fighting against four hundred rappers that was coming out with an album every day. And the sound that we had was original and it was unique, and it wasn't no mimicking of duplicating, So you had a chance to understand what real music sounded like. There's a cloud right now where it's a lot of music that sounds alike, a lot of artists that sounded alike. When I came up. It wasn't two rappers that sound They're like, I can name five that sounded like right now, and you can too. Absolutely, it's not a bad thing. It's just you was able to clearly see and hear what was great right now you have to fight through so much to find out what's great. So to me, missionary is great when you catch up to it. If you don't catch up to it, then it ain't meant for you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's interesting because when I hear it's the crime, immediate slaps hard like from the time you put it on the immediate slaps. Missionary is definitely one of the ones that I think musically, over time people will row to appreciate it.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I think it's like, say, for instance, with an orchestra and then is it a crime? Is like in the hood, you know. But I can do them both. We can do them both because you got to look at our careers like we've actually done enough to when we don't have to do anymore. Because it's like when you do, they're gonna always judge or compare it to that bar the Chronic Doggi style Chronic two thousand and one. That's a bar that's kind of reachable. But I don't make records to try to outdo what I did. I make records for the moment.
Speaker 1: People forget how much respect that you have for b ig Right, listen to this album and I see you taking clips and bits of here, and it makes me realize, like Damn, Snoop really respected that man's craft and really loved him as an artist.
Speaker 4: But if you knew when he was alive he respected my.
Speaker 3: Craft, I'm sitting in the.
Speaker 2: How to sell records like Snoop Oops.
Speaker 4: So it's it's mutual, like there's now, it's nothing wrong with showing love, but back then it was frowned upon if I said I got love for him and he got love for me, but we didn't care. We both went on a limb and allowed people to know that I got love for this man. And I have no problem with saying that, standing on that. It is who I am, and I'm glad that I was able to do that. So it's documented this testimony. It is what it is. You can't fix that, and you can't change that.
Speaker 5: I mean, you're still the bar for a lot of rappers now, but back then you definitely had to be the ball because you sold what eight hundred thousand records in your first week, like that was the most records of debut artist had ever sold period in music.
Speaker 4: Were doing that, Remember that was a physical day. That's where you have to go to the store by Yeah, was no cloud. It was like stand in line, go get it, open it up, touch it, feel it, pass it to the home girl, let them hear it. Give me my thing back like all of that now, it was just it's in the cloud.
Speaker 5: And you did that for two weeks in a row, right, But when you back then you saw eight hundred thousand one week and eight thousand the very next week or something.
Speaker 4: They told me that record did a whole lot, and then I don't even check on it. Right, So now that I got Death Row Records as the owner of the label, I get numbers now. So they telling me that Doggie Style was getting close to ten million sold over world, awhile, and I thought it just was gonna be all right. We did four million week good. I'm like, I didn't understand that it's gonna keep selling and selling them. When I do this, it makes it. When I did the super Bowl, it sold more when I'm doing this, So It's like those records that are time. If you own those records, they'll continue to make money, especially when you got TikTok and all these other little platforms. But kids will take a record that's old to you, but it's new to them, and they'll bring it to life.
Speaker 6: Me and on g Snoop with Sexy.
Speaker 4: I knew he was gonna go to that. I just knew you was gonna go to that particular recogg just get everything alway.
Speaker 6: Man, I want look, but I love it though I love it, I love it. But you know, that's what I wanted to know.
Speaker 7: How did that come about? Like the how was the vibe in the studio with Sexy?
Speaker 4: Now? Look, Sexy Red is the homegirl. I love her to death. Now how we got together was she was coming to LA and needed a studio and my studio was close proxentity. The Lax offered her to use the studio when she come over. You know, my family, we don't do nothing but hospitably make you feel at home. It smells good. We got blankets, fool, we got game room, so we just give you know, the blue carpet treatment. And she just loving every minute of it. So I'm like, real, let's go in the studio. We're in the studio and we just talking and she asking me questions about my career, like you know you tight, how you be doing this? And that we get past that. I'm like, what's up with a record? She like, you want to do one? I'm like, hell yeah, put on the track. She ain't feeling it. I'm like, damn, So I gotta call all my homies and make the kind of music that she like. So one of the homies sent some beats she listening. When she hear the beats she likes, she grab her phone and she kicked them first bars off and then she said, I'm like, oh, she really get at she going to booth. She spit it. I sped minds. We listened to it and we vibing, and then she come back to the studio like a week straight, and we just bonding like uncle and niece. It's just a relationship that we building. And I don't know why. I always find the artists when they at this point and I'm a part of their life, and then when they get all the way up there, it's like we've already bonded. That's what I feel like. She like my little sister. I love her. I love how she get down, how she just she just reminds me of me, Like she just don't give a fuck. She just bang and she's approachable, she's lovable, and our music is this ship. So it was one of those things where it was a moment that we captured just because I was being hospitable to let her use the studio, and then the record came about because we just naturally connected with My spirit is open. I've always been like that. I don't frown upon the new MC's, the new girls. I like, I open up to everybody. If I don't like your thing, you never know it publicly.
Speaker 1: Does anybody charge Snoop to be on their record anymore? Or is it one of those things that's uncle, were not charging uncle.
Speaker 4: It's like it's a love thing with me, like they already know. Sometimes like if you got a lot of money, then I may want a little.
Speaker 3: Bit, but I got a budget.
Speaker 4: If you want them artists, that's like you know you're putting it on yourself. You're independent. Like l Russell, for example, from.
Speaker 3: The Banks Can't Wait.
Speaker 4: We got a record with me and I got a record on his album No paperwork, no money, that's my nephew, Like it'd be like that sometimes, like you're supposed to just do that because if you love what you do, it ain't always about financial. Sometimes about bonding it and showing love.
Speaker 3: On West up, you say, why should I retire?
Speaker 4: Why the funk should I retire? Home? Yes?
Speaker 3: Do you feel like some type of renaissance, right, don't you?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I mean I feel like to me, the West ain't never left, but I've always been a president. Are you kidding?
Speaker 4: Coast records on radio at one time, and trust me, it's it's just Kendrick No. But that's just the point. When Dre Snoop Tupac all of us was in our heyday, it wasn't spending like that. Because it's still with some hesitation on. We ain't fucking with them, We ain't playing that ship. Them niggas ain't here, We ain't playing it. Like y'all know the rule, when they leave, turn that ship off. Now it's like it stays on. So I'm like, I can't believe they actually really planning. This is what what I really love about New York radio. When y'all started opening up to the South, I don't really care about us because we was gonna make ours. When y'all open up to the South, that made me know that the hip hop game was expanding because y'all used to shit on them bad, bad and we they cousins, so we used to feel it the second half of it. So when y'all allowed them to come in and get their expression off, that's when I was like, it's some great things happening in New York because it gives the game a chance to expand and not be trapped. Now look at what hip hop is now.
Speaker 5: But also New York ain't had no choice because New York started to do this and everybody else started to do that.
Speaker 2: They we was forced a little bit.
Speaker 1: But you know, I think New York was so influenced by the South, like a lot of the artists started sounding like Southern artists.
Speaker 2: But I'm with you.
Speaker 1: I think I just think it's just dope that people get their feelings out and their expressions out and we could ride to regardless.
Speaker 5: So even at the peak in the nineties, right, I don't eve want to call it the peak because you'all y'all been going for a long time. But when you know it was the Chronics and the Dog these thousand pop was out. This great moment right now feels like getting.
Speaker 4: That no oh, because we had a bunch of us right now. It's like ky Dots standing up top. At that time, we was all on the mountaintop like you got Cube body show dog Pounds. It just was just the West Coast, every heavyweights. Right now, Kendrick is the heavyweight. So it's like, that's why I'm coming back so I can get his back, to let him know that the O G stand would him and got his back. You understand I'm saying, that's what we do as musicians. We put our flags down and we let people know that we do make great music representing our coasts. But it's not a coastal thing because we make music for everybody.
Speaker 3: Did y'all ever talk after he dropped whacked out murrors? For what I mean, just to have a conversation.
Speaker 4: What's to talk about? That's my little home. He spoke his mind. He said what he said, and like I said earlier, like as an older guy, sometimes we don't have radar on what we're doing. Just so y'all can know the scenario or what happened. It was a repost from Jen and Juice that who Kids sent me who Kid, but it had that song in it. I don't even know what the fuck the song was. I just reposted on my shit because it's my brand. Then when I get wind of it, naturally I reach out to nephew let him know my bad. I didn't mean that, and naturally he responded to what he responded, Well, we family like you can't have a spat or misunderstanding what your brother, your cousin. That's how it's supposed to be. It ain't supposed to get no bigger than that. It's supposed to be understood. What's understood don't need to be explained. See, a big dog can get checked if it's a boy, the right person, if he got the right intellect. It's nothing wrong with being properly put in place. If you out of place, that's what's wrong with half of us that we feel like the young generation can't tell us nothing. You used to be young too, and you had a mind and you had a spirit. And sometimes the young generation can't teach the old dog a new trick if he willing to listen.
Speaker 1: Now, you're also on the album you talk about warrang g catalog that you have in some new music. They dog, I said the orange and they dog. So talk about that. So you have how many neat folk songs do you have and how many are coming out? What's the plan for that? Because you say it on the album what I say? I remember the exact line. But you talk about Nate Dogs having some nakedog music.
Speaker 4: That's said, I got Nate dog catalog in the pipeline. Pipeline.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Warren G told you to get what's mine I the pipeline.
Speaker 4: So basically what that is, it's more about lining up business for us to be able to own our thing. Nate Dogg's a state is with his family, warning Jesus with his mind's is with mine. It's just a line of ownership. You understand what I'm saying, teaching ownership through lyrics, because a lot of us make records, get our pup chin up, and then we sell it and then we think we did a good thing. And when you sell that, Okay, if you get one hundred million, what state you live in? Okay, knock off some taxes for that. Okay, how many family members you got? How many people in your family not working? Okay, half that's gone when you could have been having a pipeline forever, forever and ever and ever that your family can eat off of forever. Snoop dogg ain't sold this publishing. Snoop dogg own his label. So it's teaching a lot of people selling their things. But what does that lead for the generation after?
Speaker 2: You?
Speaker 4: Like, think about the families that have those names, where their family members are still eating by more ale. You can go to the Hiltons, you can go to the the Crafts, you can just big, bigger names Rockefellerton, yes, yes, where it's like they don't even know their great grandfather and they eating like it's supposed to be some of that because we put all this work in. Now, as an owner, it's my job to make sure that I teach and that I have and I can show how to lead generational wealth.
Speaker 5: You know that's that song is called Sophisticated Cribbon. And you do say Warren G said, gets what get? Warren G said, gets what get? What's mine? What does Warren G mean to you?
Speaker 4: Warreng G Probably the best friend that I got that only me and him understand each other. Like the passion that Warren g has for me and had for me as an artist. In the beginning, it's like Don King, like a promoter who promotes a fighter, like believing in Snoop before anybody else and then seeing Snoop do what he does and still having that believability, and watching our friendship growing to like grown men and fathers and losing people in our lives. You know, when he lost his mom, I didn't understand what I was there for him. Then when I lost my mom, I didn't understand he was there for me. There's been certain situations where we have become super close behind tragedy, him behind love, and then at the same time, you got to look at this music industry. This music industry is trifling. It's crazy. You think about how he brought me to death Row, but death Row didn't sign him.
Speaker 3: That's crazy.
Speaker 4: So there's a lot of animosity and frustration and anger in him off of that, not at me, but at the situation at home and as an artist, if you're pushing for me, you want for me to do this, but as an artist, I'm feeling fucked up because they left my homeboy. So it's like these are things that we never had a chance to like fully get an understanding on because it's pain. It's like the pain I had to deal with when I went through whatever I went through. Sometimes it's me and we know how to express that. But as a friend, we always there for each other. So if I can make that as the point, our relationship is like that, where it's more getting into life rather than music and fun.
Speaker 3: Because I saw something recently.
Speaker 5: He was doing an interview and he said he felt snubbed during the super Bowl performance. But then he also said I just wanted to be there while they was making missionary. He was like, I don't want no money and nothing like that. I just wanted to kick it with my people.
Speaker 4: Well, you know how it is when you're in the studio sometimes. But here's what I want to say. His relationship with doctor Dre is his relationship. His relationship with me is our relationship. When I'm working with doctor Dre, I don't bring nobody with me. I bring myself because I'm not responsible for nobody with me. Now, if doctor Dre wants people to come, that's his job to say I need this person that person. I've always been that way. When it's time for me to do a job. I don't like bringing ship to the job, but I'm gonna be accountable for. All I could be accountable for is me. So when I come to work, I show up by myself. I work with for real, by myself, doctor dre by myself. Certain motherfuckers. I don't bring that with me because I don't know what you're gonna do or how you're gonna act. So when I'm going to work, when you go to work, who you bring with you?
Speaker 3: My brother?
Speaker 4: Who you come to work with?
Speaker 2: Myself?
Speaker 3: God?
Speaker 4: See what I'm saying. So imagine you gotta go. I'm finna go to work right now, y'all, come on, get done?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know I want to ask, you know, as a OG. You know, back then, dealing with the press and public was easier, right it was magazines, chine eleven.
Speaker 2: News is gone. But now you got social media.
Speaker 1: So when you look at all the stuff that you do, you know, whether it's the football league that got so many kids in the NFL and the give backs and all the things that we can go on and on and on, and then you hear people's opinions on when you did the crypto ball?
Speaker 2: Does that bother you?
Speaker 4: Na? I call it thirty for thirty. Let me explain that to you. I DJed at the Crypto ball for what thirty minutes, laid a whole bunch of money, made a lot of relationships to help out the inner city in the community and teach financial literacy and crypto in the space that it don't exist. That's thirty minutes, thirty years. Snoop Dogg been doing great things for the community, building showing up, standing up for the people, making it happen, being all I can be. So which one is it thirty for thirty thirty minutes or thirty years? Oh? Is it a crin nop?
Speaker 3: I hate that man.
Speaker 4: I I love how my people defended me, but I didn't get y'all no ammunition, meaning that I never said nothing. So it was kind of becoming like, damn, I y'all keep riding on dog in it and I ain't gonna have that. Y'all can't. But damn, he ain't said nothing. So it's like I can't fight for another man. It ain't gonna fight for himself. So tomorrow is it a crime? I'm fighting?
Speaker 5: And then they kept taking the video saying, well he said this about Trump back then but then he DJ.
Speaker 3: It's not you didn't endorse nobody, you DJ the party.
Speaker 4: But those are bots, And then it's entertainers who's getting behind it and trying to make something out of it, which to me is like most of those guys, they live off of the Internet and live off of that energy. The things that I do, even if I would have done it for him and hung out with him and took a picture with him, can't None of you motherfuckers tell me what I can and can't do. But I'm not a politician. I don't represent the Republican Party. I don't represent the Democratic Party. I represent the motherfucking gangster party, period, point blank, and g shit, don't explain shit. So that's why I didn't explain. That's why I didn't go into detail when motherfuckers was trying to counsel me and say he is sellout. Even on my Instagram page after that, I would post shit and I'll see motherfuckers like, oh he'll sell out. You know what I would do, jump right in they motherfucking den with a video. You bitch ass snoogle sat nigga, dog nigga, what you want to do? I guess what they would do, Oh, man, I'm just a fan. Man I didn't really, I'm sorry, man, Snoop, I just year a nigga. Got me fucked up, Nigga, I jump all off in your shit. Nigga, talk to you face to face. Don't hit me on No, He'll sell out on Instagram and this and that, because I'm really engaging like that. You know what I'm saying that my work should speak for me, like don't take my personal on my business and try to involve it in my life. On who I am as a person. The things that I do in real life ship matter to you more. You understand, I'm saying, not what I do when I'm DJing or making music or doing this and that. What is he like as a real person when you walk up on Snoop Dogg? What is his energy? What is his aura? What is that that you get for me?
Speaker 5: People were saying that that was Trump cashing in a favor because harry O got pardoned, and you were instrumental in harry O getting pardoned. And I mean, I don't know if that's true, but that's what the Internet room was.
Speaker 4: The Internet loved sparking things, but Trump did get Harry oo out. That is a fact. That is a fact. And I performed at the Crypto Ball for David Sachs, who's been a friend of mine for fifteen years, who was head of the crypto currency situation, that was put into that position. So it was more or less a relationship that I had with Charlemagne, and Charlemagne was put in the office by the president. But Charlemagne has been my friend for fifteen years, and me and Charlemagne been getting money together, and we working this crypto thing that nobody know about. And then Charlemagne say, dog, I got this crypto player that's gonna bring some money back to the hood. Cool. I'm with you, you helping the hood out, not knowing that the hood gonna talk like, what does that part work when I'm trying to help y'all? But y'all talk. And that's why a lot of times when people make it, they don't come back.
Speaker 3: Dang reason.
Speaker 4: That's the truth, y'all.
Speaker 7: Love, you got so many business ventures you'll like limitless, right, How the how what made you say like I want a hockey team.
Speaker 6: I want to own a hockey team.
Speaker 4: It's different, just you got to think out of the box. They ain't gonna let us own no football team on no basketball team. So I got to go in an area where I could possibly actually own a lot of it. You know, the people that own teams in those worlds that I just said, they don't own fifty percent of them. They own pieces, little small increments. I'm trying to get sixty seventy percent, so that way, it's really an ownership, you know what I'm saying. That's and I looked at that sport as Wow, that's a great sport that nobody's paying attention to that has not been brought to that level. There's no star power there yet. I've always thought about businesses and places that haven't been affected yet. I don't want to be in a lane where it's already working. We want to go somewhere where it ain't working so we can create a whole new avenue.
Speaker 2: Do you understand hockey?
Speaker 4: Do you watch hockey or yeah, I'd have been born of hockey for like thirteen fourteen years. Like going to games they call, they have me calling the games, like in La the whole thing at the King's game.
Speaker 2: Well, are you surprised of how far.
Speaker 1: This kid from California went like, it's almost like you know you are family, so we look at you his own. But when I seen you hosting the Olympics, Yo, I'm like, this is amazing. Like this, you know, when you're talking about sports that I've never seen before heard, So how is that.
Speaker 4: Experience so dream come true? I'm just living my life, man. My mother put the spirit in me. She put the spirit in me as a kid to do the best things that I can do while I'm on this earth. And I understand why I'm here now. I'm mastered loving me and loving people. Used to be a time where I was trying to figure that out and the moves that I made, ruffle finger, ruffle feathers because people was like, we supposed to be gangster homie while you're being so nice and so cool. But to me, that is gangst you know what I'm saying, gangs Thanks pressing nobody, smashing on somebody, because we know the results of that. Actually just being approachable, lovable and still being respectable.
Speaker 5: What part of your story do you think people misunderstand the most and do you even care to correct them?
Speaker 4: Buck, I don't think there's no misunderstanding of my story. I think there has been transparency from day one with me. I've been an open book. That's why people love Uncle Snop because they can touch him. Like when they started calling me unc, that shit blew my mind because I was still in like my thirties. I'm like, why these niggas called me aunt? But I had to understand it. Anytime somebody was my uncle, I fucking respected them. If I called you UNC, I respected you. Charlie Wilson was the first person I called uncle in this industry, Uncle Charlie, and I started to feel like, damn, am I becoming him? So it was like it was more about respect and understanding that when you love yourself, people will love you back and be a vessel of information. Don't be discrown up because you got done wrong where you didn't get this. Show them how to do it, and show them how to get it right without running into them same walls you did.
Speaker 3: Man, we watched you evolved.
Speaker 5: It feels like we were watching feel like we watched you live so many different lives.
Speaker 3: Was there ever a version of you that was hard to let go?
Speaker 4: Yeah? I think that that gangster shit was hard to let go because I was fooled. I was fooled to thinking that it was making me who I was, and I was like, there was so much shit happening around it. And when I had to make a decision of Okay, I can't live like that no more, it was kind of hard to let go because it meant that I had to let the homies go. I had to let the relationships go, because if you're gonna cut ties, you gotta cut ties with it all if you want to separate.
Speaker 3: Did they understand it?
Speaker 4: No way, no way, no understanding. But you teach you understanding by being an example. Now they fully understand it. I got homies now that did twenty some years and when they get out, all they want to do is right. I got homies that went in as real riders and bang bang. When they get out, they want to do the right thing. They want to, Oh, how you do it? How do we live right? I'm going to school. I gotta come ryding getting my education. I'm trying to get me a degree like these is real bona fide gang bangers. That my example is showing them that they can do something, so that that means the world to me.
Speaker 1: You know, on the album you talk about one of your biggest regrets was not squashing out things with Pop.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that still sits with you to this day.
Speaker 4: Due because he was really my friend. And you know, you guys, sometimes motherfuckers be talking like they don't really know, but that was my friend and he was like dear to me. And anytime you got a relationship with somebody and it's like it's working, it's going good, and then y'all get an argument, then the nigga died. MM, Like, come on, man, I didn't even get a chance, whether I was wrong or right, just to be able to get that follow up, because that's how we was. We would always follow up or either have some sort of you know, connection, And I didn't get that, and then there was a lot of turmoil, and then the death rowe niggas was hating on me and this, and that's kind of like push the spirit in a different way. But the beautiful part was his mother was still here and I got a chance to hug her and talk to her and get, you know what I'm saying, the approval from her, which was his spirit because he was always connected to her. So that gave me half clarity on where I was with him because his mother always had love.
Speaker 5: I guess you' speaking about forgiveness, and forgiveness something you give easily or something you struggle to offer, even to yourself.
Speaker 4: I'm a liberal, so I forget very easy. But it's the time when my forgiveness runs out because I'm so forgiven, and it's like, you can't just keep musing me knowing that I'm gonna always give you that at a certain point in time, I got to put the wall up to let you know that I forgave you. It's in God's hands.
Speaker 3: Now, how do you even forgive yourself?
Speaker 4: I just live. That's what we're supposed to do. You know. I know i'm'na make some mistakes every day, and I know I'm gonna get it right every day. It's just a matter of how many times I'm gonna make those mistakes and how many times I'm gonna get it right.
Speaker 3: Was the record my friend was that hard directe?
Speaker 4: Oh my god, wow. Denaon Porter sent me that record, and when he said it to me, he was crying on the track. You can hear him crying like before he do his hook certain pieces. And it took me like six days to even write my first couple of lines, and then when I wrote him, I went in the booth and I was like, my spirit was like sad. I was like, I can't be crying singing this song. So then I got my spirit right, put the lyrics down, and then I sent it to Dona and he tells me, man, I didn't tell you, but I lost my brother too after yours, and I'm like, damn, it just was like the spirit of both of us losing our brother, me writing this lyrics to this song, and then it was the point of listening to the song. I swear to God man, I cried, like the first twenty times I heard this song. I just it was one time I was listening to it and my wife was in there with me. She just just got behind me like I was a little baby and just was holding me and just rubbing my back. I'm like, man, this is tough, because when you lose people as an artist, like you gotta hold it in and be like, yeah, rest in peace. But that one was tough. This was my little bro, you know what I'm saying. I wanted to be like me, had him on the roll with me, moving with me. All of the above in this record, it's like when I sing it, when I hear it, it just was touching an emotion that had never been touched before night more than my mother, like even more than my mother. And it was like, Okay, I just got past the point now where I could listen to it and watch it without crying. But if the wrong people in the room, I'm gonna cry.
Speaker 3: You think you'd be able to perform it?
Speaker 4: No way, no way. It's that deep. And I never thought I would make a song like that that would make me cry. You crying, nigga off your own song, I'm open like that when you lost a pause you know your niggas using.
Speaker 5: When you lost people like that that close to you, Like, do you ever feel alone?
Speaker 3: Like because you snoop right, you walk in the room, you an icon, people idolize you.
Speaker 5: But when you're in a room full of people, do you do you still feel alone because you don't have those people that that that was that close to you.
Speaker 4: I think it's just it's certain, you know what music sports that certain songs like if these three words come on, I'm gone, I'm gone, because it's when the last time that they heard him say your other than your brother. It's like, why is she Come on, Stevie, you hurting me right now? Like that record right there when it comes on, I don't care where on an I could be in a gang meeting, a real serious gang meeting, and they was like, yeah, cook, we finish going to mischigan do do hey man, time out man. It's one of their records.
Speaker 6: Man. Has anybody ever tried to outsmoke you?
Speaker 4: Yes? And then niggas died, like you know how many you know how many people that they tried to outsmoke me. It was just one girl that wanted to smoke with me and we had like a guitar like right over there. So she's smoking with me. All of a sudden she falls, damn it her wig and niggas like help her out. We're like, no, leave her ass over the niggas. She wanted to smoke with the dog like we like, I get challenged all the time, and my thing is, you know, do your thing.
Speaker 1: You fucked the world up one good time when you when you did that commercial or you know you pulled it.
Speaker 2: You put on your story your Instagram that.
Speaker 4: You was you will stop smoking with you thought I had cancer some sh you just thought the word show.
Speaker 3: Everybody was like.
Speaker 1: Everybody was like, I'm not talking no more of Snoop squinting. I'm quitting, Like I see so many people say they were quitting.
Speaker 4: Nigga. I got a call from athlete. I ain't gonna say his name, but this nigga's a real big athlete. And Nigga said, I need to know why you stop so I can stop. Damn. I had to hit him, I said, niggas.
Speaker 3: Meek Mill was out there like I'm quitting too.
Speaker 4: You know, the dog has a strong you do right there?
Speaker 2: Follow did they all give you the middle finger after?
Speaker 4: Like, man, but some of my businesses like Double Dutch stow me, they thought that like my cannabis businesses. They was they was in shock because that's what a lot of money I make. And it was like this nigga stops. And I didn't tell him ship though, So when they finally got the word, there's like, oh my god, we thought we was gonna lose. I'm like, I tell all my team what I do. Sometimes sometimes I'm just a spontaneous type of person where I got to like, I'm instinct. I go, I'm based off of instinct.
Speaker 3: I remember I met you.
Speaker 2: You know, I was so star struck.
Speaker 7: This is the craziest thing, Right, I met you at Kevin Hart and Jeff Clanigan had an l O L party in l in l a, right, and I came. It was you, your wife. It was just you, your wife and like two other people in a section. I was just standing and was like, oh my god.
Speaker 3: Oh snoop.
Speaker 7: And he was like, just come here, what's up? And then I try to be like cool and hit his blood.
Speaker 3: Yo.
Speaker 7: I was stuck right there the whole time. Left him, his wife left. I'm still in the sec I swear. I was like, Yo, I know, I'm embarrassed.
Speaker 4: Ship.
Speaker 6: I got so many things I want to ask him, but I can't.
Speaker 3: I'm too high. That's exactly what That's what.
Speaker 4: It's supposed to be. Yeah, but it was like a statue I was.
Speaker 6: It was he come back get me, you know, I just they left.
Speaker 2: They left a motherfucker right now?
Speaker 3: Does it take a lot?
Speaker 4: Are you know? I mean? I think it's it's the weed I smoke. Get me there quick. You know what I'm saying. I smoke death row weed. It's available in the stores everywhere.
Speaker 3: One time you told me. Don't ever smoke Moon Rock.
Speaker 4: Oh please don't. I'm gonna tell you that again. That ship got so much ship in it. I don't know what is in there. It gets you fucked up. I don't want to be that high.
Speaker 6: So you do get to how you ever got to?
Speaker 4: Yes, I don't like that. I don't like it at all.
Speaker 2: You don't no way, no way.
Speaker 4: That's all I like is you can't be in control no more. Take my whole body and just like that.
Speaker 5: That's how I get when I smoked and see the edibles. Give me time editles, give me, give me time to get goofy.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean.
Speaker 4: Your your metabolism is different than mins when it comes in and take Who the hell get you a edible? You know what? I ate something and didn't know that it was in there. In confused, you know what I'm saying. People like making ship and Nigga eating dog don't eat that. Why oh shit fuck.
Speaker 3: When somebody rich that gave you that?
Speaker 5: Because you know in the futures, like.
Speaker 3: You know, Fat Joe.
Speaker 5: I saw Fat Joe saying because he got the dow pole with him and Jadakiss, and he said, Kendrick Lamar surpassed you in Tupac is the most dominant rappers of the West Coast.
Speaker 3: What are your thoughts?
Speaker 4: He can't say that he's not from the West Coast, and that's no disrespect, that's just facts, like you can't say that because you're not from the West Coast. You would have to ask the West Coast. That's like me coming out here saying that jay z ain't the king. Whoop whoop whooo. I don't know who run New York. This this y'all's, but I do know when it comes to the West Coast, everybody riding with Kendrick hands down, and it's been that way. So he is the king. That is no doubt he is the king. But as far as what Fat Joe said, you would have to ask the whole West Coast, and the West Coast would have to give you because you got certain people from the Bay who ride with the Bay. You understand what I'm saying. So it's like it's we love what we love, but you can't say that if you're not from that. I couldn't come out here and say who's the king of New York when I don't live here and I don't have a personal opinion from the people who actually run New.
Speaker 3: York and saying surpassed it. That's a strong, strong world. He is Kendrick one in the one. Don't get me wrong.
Speaker 5: But you know y'all have stood the test of time, even you know the pocket is immortal.
Speaker 4: We're talking about thirty years of being on top, not in the middle or down there. It ain't never been a time where I was down there. I've always been up to even when my records was not. You think about everything I've done from the chronic to now. You can go so the dog Father say yeah, that wasn't all that, but Snoop still was doing other things. You can go to no limit and say it wasn't all that, but it was other things happening other than music. So it's always been a moment of He's always been here and it ain't relying upon music. So until other things happen outside of music, then we can't use that word surpass. That's just my thing.
Speaker 3: Absolutely.
Speaker 5: What do you hope your grandkids say about you when you no longer hear.
Speaker 2: Thanks, thanks for the buildings, the money, destruction.
Speaker 4: All that. Well, you know, my oldest grandson he had did an interview when he was like eight years old, and they was like, what do you love about your grandfather the most? He said, he pays all our business and I was like, that was the greatest answer. That I love hearing that from my grandson because I love responsibility and I love the fact that they know that I'm there for them, so when they get to a point to take care of themselves, they'll know what it feels like to have somebody who had their back, who was up close and personal, real with them. My grandfather meant the world to me. I used to watch wrestling with him, T Birds played the Green Onion, put forty five's on for him. All of those experiences that I have with my grandfather I'm giving to my grandkids, and I hope one day that they say that, man, my grandfather gave me so much to run with that I'm able to make moves bigger than the moves that he made.
Speaker 5: Do you think you've already fulfilled your purpose? Are you still searching for what God really puts you to do?
Speaker 4: I know what I'm here for. I put a gospel out of my On April twenty seventh, the spirit of my mother on death row records who would believe that. So I understand what I'm here for. I know I'm one of them chosen ones. I know what my spirit is here to do. Been through the fire so I can get to the light. And I just know that I'm being used for a certain reason. I know I'm my angel. I know that they put this kind of pressure on the ones that can handle it the most. I know that what my purpose is. I know why so many people love me and magnate to me. So I do the right things and try to stay on the right side. You know, I do. Don't every once in a while, that's all of life. But I try to do more right and try to be an example of what you're supposed to be.
Speaker 5: Is there a moment you wish you could relive, not to change it, but just to feel it more deeply?
Speaker 4: Oh, man, falling in love with my wife for the first time. That was a beautiful moment right there. Man, I have butterflies in my stomach and all kinds of stuff like like just that pure feeling of that going back to that, because if you have so much success, you forget about what regular stuff feel like. That was special, man, Just thinking like man, I'm gonna get to do it to her.
Speaker 2: Jesus close.
Speaker 3: That's beautiful. Now you got a legacy that moment.
Speaker 2: The album is out this Friday. What you want to hear? Time, We're gonna play with what you want to hear?
Speaker 3: What a man? Let's tell you on my own with my lead. You like that man? That nigga cold? I thought he was Wayne At first, I was like, who is that?
Speaker 4: Wait till you see the video? Nigga? I went back to the seventies.
Speaker 2: On is it a crime?
Speaker 4: Is hard? Too? Though?
Speaker 3: This is a crime is hard. That's hard as I came on death Row.
Speaker 4: Not yet. Okay, he fitsto.
Speaker 3: Hard at the Are you from Atlanta?
Speaker 4: You didn't know that?
Speaker 3: I never I never heard. I literally thought it was Wayne, And I'm like that dain't something like way? But I'm like, my ain, Wayne Up.
Speaker 4: He got cold videos where he he's just a player. He's a cold player.
Speaker 2: How'd you meet him?
Speaker 4: Sweet little Williams basketball player brought him to me. But I was a fan of because I was watching him on Instagram do his little get down. And Sweet Lou brought him to me about four years ago and we just jailed. I'm like this nigga's a player, he's a musician, He's sharp. I like his style, like his get down. He ain't afraid. Like I say, I always be getting with people in the beginning, like I don't know how, for some reason I find them, they find me, and then before you know it, they become Future, they become wiz Khalifa, they become big artists like I don't even know if y'all know it not. On Future's first album, my homeboy DJ Funky I was in Atlanta in the hotel. He was like, man, I got this artist name Future. He wants you on the album. I said, how much you guys say he got seventy five hundred? I said, bring that shit, nigga. The nigga came to the hotel with one of these MIC's nigga and put that motherfucker up. And I was on my one knee on the side of the bed dropping that motherfucking verse of that shits so long as I finished the money. Then five years later, the nigga Future was the biggest nigg in the world, and it fucked me up. It was like damn. It's moments like that throughout my whole career where It's always been that young artist out of either somebody put me in touch water either I find them, we do something and then look at Wis Kalifa. That motherfucker gone. He gone, And I love it.
Speaker 3: Alright, both there, all right, October London and the.
Speaker 1: Okay, you want to turn around, but telephone, who's on the on the DEVI l ross now before we get into the joints.
Speaker 4: We got October London.
Speaker 2: He's been up there, he get busy.
Speaker 4: I love that. I love that. Charlie Burrell out of Pasadena, R and B Old School, Jane Hancock R and B out of Richmond, California. Those are my rock solid acts that I stand on right now. But I have other artists that are associated with the label that will eventually get you, guys, ear and attention. Don't really like speaking to things that ain't on the radar. You know, we don't talk about it. We like to be about it. And what I like about October is I was watching when he first dropped, and so it was y'all show and the girl was like the reebirth and w He's like, oh, he already messed up. Why are you coming out with rebirth to Marvel that's the wrong thing. I'm like, yes, I love it, Charlemagne jumping right in the word I need him to go. And the homegirl was like, but you ain't even heard it yet, and d D. I'm like, yeah, see, this is what I wanted to create that because his music and his talent is gonna outweigh everything. And then when I seen y'all had him on the show.
Speaker 3: I was like, now he's super talented.
Speaker 4: He gets busy. It wasn't hey, man, do me a favor, and it's like, let the work speak, like I want to sign artists that can have that ability to make things happen without me the word. And we'd love to have Snoop with you if you bring Snoop with your interview, Like, nah, you should be strugg enough to get that on your own. And thank you. I appreciate that. That was love. He needed to see that and he needed to feel that because I showed him the interview. I said, this is what you need to understand. When I gave you the title that album. It's put pressure on you, put immediate pressure on you, but you can handle it if you sound good and the lady say you look good, So let's work.
Speaker 2: Do you post everything yourself?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, that's all day long?
Speaker 2: Twenty four seven.
Speaker 4: Jesus Nigga, sa I stay active? Okay, they didn't function around and taught me Instagram. See, that's what happened a lot of those platforms. I don't really know how to work them on Instagram. When they told me that ship, in my mind, I said, I don't have a network, I don't have a TV show. It's gonna be my whole motherfucking network and my TV show. I'm gonna get you every piece of me that you wouldn't imagine. I'm gonna make you laugh, cry, put music on there. Just if I was a TV network, What the fuck would my TV network look like? It would look like my Instagram show. Unexpected. But it's some entertaining ship that you can look forward to.
Speaker 3: But you did just sign a deal with NBC Universal. That's a definite picture.
Speaker 4: That's that's way different. That's hell. That's TV film and TV. Hello, Hello the movie.
Speaker 3: I know the movie was in the works with a was it Keny trigger? Who was it? Forgot the biopic?
Speaker 4: Not a biopic? Is moving on down the line. It happened. I got a couple of great things. That's about that.
Speaker 3: You found, you found the person to play you and everything. Okay, okay, be good.
Speaker 4: M hmmm. I wouldn't say no, but he knew like not no new, but he gonna be new to good. I don't forget when you.
Speaker 7: When you posted me with that lawyers ponytail, even on your page.
Speaker 4: I didn't forget that.
Speaker 3: Up like I was.
Speaker 4: Don't you.
Speaker 6: Yo, I swear I woke up so many phone he posted that.
Speaker 7: Ship can snip dog just post you with the ponytail. I'm like, damn, I'm just like I grew my head and everything my head had grown and all that.
Speaker 4: I have mad air day too. It's okay, hey, don't worry about it. Looks long as you real enough to deal with it that period.
Speaker 7: I don't want to close it first, but you waited to my head grew a little bit, and then reminded niggas that I have.
Speaker 3: Come on man snoop got a pe? All right, Well they have it and that merched hard too.
Speaker 4: So let me tell you about it. So the album cover, right, is it a crime? If you notice you see my wife in the front right. So for my whole career, she had my back and This is the first time I put it on the front with this album cover, so everybody can know that she got my back. She would be she's standing by my side. Now she gets the sign and look at it. She game.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say, how much charged half?
Speaker 4: That's what she got her. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Well, let's get into a journey off the album. I want to hear is it a crime?
Speaker 4: Just was?
Speaker 2: They had me and O G. Snoop. Charlamagne wants to hear.
Speaker 4: You know what. I love that. Everybody want to hear something different. I gotta hit That's right.
Speaker 2: Let's get into it now. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, Wake that ass up in the morning.
Speaker 3: The Breakfast Club.