Speaker 1: Good Morning Football is the production of the NFL in partnership with iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Good Morning Football.
Speaker 3: That's right, this is GMFB. Welcome in everybody. We're live in LA and New York today. We are a show across the country though, because it's free agency.
Speaker 4: It's Tuesday, March eleventh.
Speaker 3: I'm Jamie Ertl rock Freen at the table here in Los Angeles, Peter Schrager and Kyle Brandt on their A game.
Speaker 4: Hey what's up, Kyle?
Speaker 3: Anything that jump out to you from yesterday that we just have not covered yet, whether it be from under the radar to a quarterback to.
Speaker 4: Just even something going out of your life. You're good, buddy.
Speaker 2: Oh my life is fantastic. Never worry about that.
Speaker 1: It's always just clicking on all cylinders. I just think we're going to talk about this right now. The thirty two franchises, and there's some very special ones that are really the bedrock of the league. And two of those we have no earthly idea who is going to be their quarterback in twenty twenty five. I'm talking about the New York Giants and the Pittsburgh Steelers. It's not one of these younger teams or teams, they're always fledgling. It's two of like the real real Blue Chippers, the Ogs.
Speaker 5: It's the family. It's Rooney and Mara and if you know, it's Runey Mara.
Speaker 2: So there you go. We have it. It's the two families of the end. I'm a cat Mara guy. I like care Sniper, I like their insiti Rooney. Anyways, Yes, we'll.
Speaker 3: Figure it out right, they're like the original six of the NFL. We're just gonna find four other teams that qualify. All right, Ian Rappaport, I'm gonna go to you first.
Speaker 4: You started our show.
Speaker 3: Can we just have one break the fourth wall for a second, but how are you?
Speaker 4: Are you good?
Speaker 3: How's how's life? And then also, please get to the news. Please answer this question.
Speaker 2: I'm great, good, I'm making it.
Speaker 6: We're grinding. I was on the peloton today at like five thirty. It's the only way to get through when you way don't have any sleep in your phone's buzzing at two in the morning. So physically I feel fine, and I you know, I really appreciate you asking great. Anyway, let's get to the big news for the New York splashed again in Free agency in the secondary again, this time Javon Holland, the standout safety for the Miami Dolphins. There was some question whether or not the Dolphins would franchise tag him.
Speaker 2: They did not.
Speaker 6: It made him free and he capitalized, getting a three year, forty five point three million dollar deal with more than thirty million dollars guarantee Giants of adage to their secondary Tom already in free agency Paul, so the Deebo gets a three year, forty eight million dollar deal. They also added Roy Robertson Harris on the defensive line. So the Giants have spent plenty of money over the course of the last couple of days shoring up their defense. Yes, I know they need a quarterback. It's in the works. They are efforting. It's Aaron Rodgers potentially choosing to do the Giants.
Speaker 7: In this yeries.
Speaker 6: They'll get to that, but they are shoring up the defense Tom while they wait.
Speaker 8: The Vikings also making a splash very early this morning, like three am, I think, when a cryptic tweet hit the internet. Here they have agreed to terms with a two time Pro Bowl defensive tax called Jonathan Allen on a three year deal that is worth up to sixty million dollars, and my understanding is.
Speaker 2: That's the max value.
Speaker 8: The base is closer to the seventeen million dollars per year for Allan. There's a bunch of different bonuses that he also can earn here. But this is a significant investment in the guy who's played a whole lot of football games and obviously had a ton of productivity with Washington missed most last season because of a torn pectoral muscle, somehow made it back down the stretch of the season. Here the Vikings continuing to invest in that defense. They did a big deal yesterday late in the day with Byron Murphy, their Pro Bowl cornerback for three years and sixty six million dollars.
Speaker 2: On that deal. They've also added.
Speaker 8: On the offense with Ryan Kelly coming in and playing center. This is what happens, Jamie, when you let Sam Darnold walk out the door. You got a little dexter walking around money in cash, and you invested in some core positions for the Vikings.
Speaker 3: It all begins up front, Tom Pi, are you referencing the skull tiede tweet that was put out a couple hours before the deal broke?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 8: Thanks, to everyone I know in my life sending me that and saying like, let's meet Jonah And I.
Speaker 2: Was like, yeah, it probably probably does. Probably.
Speaker 3: I'm awaywet, Mike tom Ian, you guys are awesome.
Speaker 4: We'll talk to you in a little of bit.
Speaker 3: Let's let's focus on free agency frenzy. The first wave, Okay, because this is just the first of the two day or the second of the two day period. Excuse me, Peter, the first wave happened free agency.
Speaker 4: We're swimming in it.
Speaker 3: What was your big time takeaway maybe not just from signings, but maybe a couple that didn't happen around the league.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 5: My first thing was go play well in the super Bowl and you can get a Milton Williams pay day. Milton Williams was not a household name, has this amazing super Bowl and now has one hundred and four million dollars in the bank. That's not taken away from anything Milton Williams did as a Eagle, but when you have your biggest day on the biggest stage, it sure helps a lot.
Speaker 1: Like Larry Brown on the Cowboys, no doubt that big second ago.
Speaker 5: But I look at the teams that have maybe been a little cute negotiating over the last several months, and I wonder, what have you been waiting for? We all knew the salary cap was going to go up yet again. The salary cap has been inflated every single year and it's gone leaps and bounds.
Speaker 2: The NFL had a very good year.
Speaker 5: The NFL has a lot of money coming in and the players split that money, and that's how we make the salary cap. Well, when you saw those new media deals coming in, and you saw Netflix coming in, and you see Amazon coming in, you knew there was going to be a bigger pie. So the NFL has.
Speaker 2: More money to spend and has had more money coming in.
Speaker 5: What were the Cowboys and Bengals looking at and what were they expecting?
Speaker 2: Not finding ways to get these deals.
Speaker 5: Done before the new salary caps came in, and now the numbers are.
Speaker 2: Going to be even inflated.
Speaker 5: Micah Parsons got rich over the last few days because we're watching guys like Max Crosby, We're watching guys like Miles Garrett set the market. Meanwhile, the Cowboys could have come to terms with Michaeh Parsons for months. Michaeh Parsons's contract has been no secret. Now Michael Parsons is going to get more money than he would have less than a month ago. You look at the Bengals, T Higgins, Jamar Chase, they are both still looking for their contract now. T Higgins is on a franchise tag, but the Bengals have let it be known they want to sign him long term, so much so they're willing to trade Trey Hendrickson to save the money to get that done.
Speaker 2: Jamar Chase the same thing.
Speaker 5: My big takeaway from the first wave of free agency is, hey, teams, take care of your guys while you can, and take care of your guys before the new salary cap numbers come out at the combine every year, you knew the money.
Speaker 2: Was gonna go up, you knew the spending was gonna go up.
Speaker 5: Take care of these guys while you can. A lot of teams did that, and a lot of teams did it at the eve of free agency just to make sure their guys don't leave for even more money. But my big takeaway was I think the Cowboys and the Bengals might.
Speaker 2: Have overplayed their hands on both these guys. They're gonna end up.
Speaker 5: Paying even more money than they might have had they gotten these deals done prior to any Let me.
Speaker 1: Just rock, I'm sorry, get inside the Bengals heads. What is the case for not having paid Jamar Chase. I don't have one. I already said, drafted, homegrown, first team All Pro, one of the best players in the league. That's a guy you pay. We nailed it, we got our guy. What if you were to sit them down, like why haven't you done this? What would they possibly say?
Speaker 5: Well, I think they've offered a ton of money to Jamar Chase. I'm sure it's the numbers themselves and just how high it can go, and I think it gets hire every single.
Speaker 2: Day they wait.
Speaker 5: But yeah, the Bengals have this stigma, this stench for years and years of being cheap. They're not being cheap. They have to spend the money. It's a salary cap. They have to hit a certain they have to hear a certain basement, they have to can't go over a certain ceiling. So they have the money, they want to spend the money. They want to spend it on Jamar Chase, and they want to spend it on t Higgins. It just sounds like they haven't come to the right number yet, but maybe they could have handled that last training camp before we got to this point where now we're entering the fifth year of his contract and he has all the leverage, and.
Speaker 9: I'm right there with you, guys head scratching for Cincinnati.
Speaker 7: It's almost as if, well, it's been so long since.
Speaker 9: We had a Joe Burrow type guy at Jamar Chase type guys See Higgins type guy. We're paying these guys early because we have a bunch of generational dudes in here. We don't know what to do with them, and it seems like it's going to bite them in the butt here at the end of the day. My biggest takeaway so far, a little top heavy at some key positions. And if you're looking for a guy at one of those key positions like cornerback, linebacker, edge, or quarterback, and you're sitting here without a dance partner, it's gonna be some slim pickings going forward. A bunch of cornerback ones flew off the board earlier, your Carlton Davis, Tavarius war DJ Reed, Byron Murphy, and there's some guys left, but not some CB ones.
Speaker 7: Maybe some CB twos or some slot guys. It's Sante Samuel Junior.
Speaker 9: You could do a Christian Fulton, Stefan Gilmour, who notoriously is comfortable waiting until the end when teams get desperate and up their offers a little bit. But if you're out here looking for a CB one, I really don't know what to tell you.
Speaker 7: If you're out here looking for an off ball linebacker, you got guys you're white.
Speaker 9: I can't tell you how many other names I'm excited about and can confidently say they're going to walk in and start and make an impact day one. If you need an edge, I'm excited about Charles Omnihew. After that, it gets a little dice. Yeah, you have de Marcus Lawrence, Joey Bosa's, Darius Smith, Dante Fowler, all guys well into their thirties.
Speaker 7: If you are without it, Dan's partner has some key positions.
Speaker 9: It is going to be tough, and of course it's the quarterback position.
Speaker 2: Kyle, no doubt. And we have a lot to talk about in some big names.
Speaker 1: First, I need to apologize to the New York Giants for the disrespect. Earlier in the segment, I said that Kate Merra was in the movie Sniper, which of course she is not.
Speaker 2: She's in the movie Shooter.
Speaker 1: Dramatically different and you might not think that's important.
Speaker 2: It is for me.
Speaker 1: I'm not sitting here to butcher old Billy Zay movies. Kate Mara wonderful actress and fantastic and Shooter.
Speaker 2: Stole to Statham is in the mechanics. Mechanics all right.
Speaker 1: So this is the headline for me in not just in this segment, not just in this tea, up in the entire league right now, is who the hell is going to be the Steelers starting quarterback Week one? They're sitting there a massive mystery and a play on words, a little bit of an enigma.
Speaker 2: I see it this way. I've said this before.
Speaker 1: I think the Steelers starting quarterback is more important than most other quarterbacks in the league because the Steelers make the playoffs nearly every single year.
Speaker 2: So whoever this gentleman is.
Speaker 1: He likely will be starting a playoff game in twenty twenty five. It's really important, not just to Steelers, with everybody. It's an important position. So the way I see it right now, as they just paid huge money for a wide receiver, here's your options. I don't think it's gonna be Russell Wilson. I feel like the ship is sailed. If you're starting to read the tea leaves. When they said we maybe rather keep fields or that was the intimation, I think Russell Wilson was gone.
Speaker 2: I don't think it's him.
Speaker 1: Then you have this species of let's sign this guy and maybe we find something like a Daniel Jones or even Jamis Winston.
Speaker 2: That's one option. I don't like it either.
Speaker 1: Then there's the truebridge quarterback, where it's like Jacoby Brissette, Marcus Mario.
Speaker 2: I don't see that.
Speaker 1: Carson Wentz, Yeah, Carson Wentz like the true We don't think this is gonna be the future, but we'll just get somebody in here. And there's the draft as usual. The Steelers are paying the price for being good. They have the twenty one pick. So I see all these people saying, well, first of all, we'll get Jackson Dart. You don't know if he's going to be there, and to move up you don't have a second round pick. It doesn't feel like the Steelers. They tried this a few years ago with Kenny Pickett, with their kind of crappy draft pick. They took one, it didn't work out. Those are your options save for one. There is a final option where you have a guy going into his twenty first season who has four MVPs and his own Netflix special and a good relationship with Mike Tomlin. Steelers fans, how are you feeling about Aaron Rodgers being the starting quarterback for the Pittsburgh Steelers as a forty one year old about to turn forty two.
Speaker 2: I think it's their best option.
Speaker 1: I think there is no one out there with the experience, the talent, the ability to manage those perhaps mercurial wide receivers to get along with Tomlin. But that's my opinion. I put it out there yesterday. I said, Steelers fans, let's have a talk. Rogers might be your best option. Response is very interesting. Some of them, I must say, you know what I'm in.
Speaker 2: I'm sold.
Speaker 1: Let's bring him in here and draft a rookie and then we can move on. But some of them were let's say, I say not sold. Marine Mounty Rogers has watched more than Big Ben was in his final game as a Steeler. I don't have the answer, but I know Rodgers isn't it. It'll be Wilson or Jackson Dart if I had to guess again, don't count on Jackson. Dark quarterbacks get attracted to the front of the draft. Next, this is pure Steelers fans. You can tell from their bios and their avatar. I'd rather they tank this season than see that.
Speaker 2: Person in black and goal. But don't like Rogers.
Speaker 1: Rogers very polarizing, not for everybody. I would just say, if you don't like Rogers, who do you like? You have to have somebody Next tweet thank you Cheryl Hutton goalie mom.
Speaker 2: I can't breathe. There are literally no good free agent quarterbacks left. What are we going to do? Ah? Donald so badly like what they think.
Speaker 1: I thought Donald was a fit. He's gone. They're not getting justin fields. He's gone. I just don't know who is left looking for the dance partner, and it's not someone to dance around with some fledgling team. This is a very important position. This is the Yankee shortstop. This is the Steelers quarterback. And when I look around and free agency, draft or everything the entire I don't see a better option than Aaron Rodgers and all that comes with him, a guy who played very well at the end of the second half of last season. If you don't want him because you don't like his personality and all that stuff, I get it. Find someone who is going to play better football for you Week one, twenty twenty five, and I don't think they're available right now.
Speaker 3: It's a good take, Kyle. It's Yankee shortstop. Maybe it's like Red Wings goalie Lakers center.
Speaker 4: Is the Steelers quarterback like the in the NFL?
Speaker 3: Having played having played against these teams? Is that like the qualifier position wise? Is he holding the standard the right way?
Speaker 9: It's a special role because one thing you always know about the Pittsburgh Steelers is your defense will always put you in position to win the game. I would argue it's one of the best jobs in the world as being the Steelers quarterback. I know I'm going to be put in place.
Speaker 7: I just can't lose the game.
Speaker 9: And yes, the Aaron Rodgers we saw last year maybe didn't excite us as much as the Green Bay days, but he's not going to lose.
Speaker 7: You the game.
Speaker 9: He's surrounded with talents. We're gonna see what Arthur Smith offense really looks like. Last year, Arthur Smith didn't really get into the knity riddy of his offense because they succumbed to just throwing the ball up on third and one. But the fact is, Aaron Rodgers can win you games. Aaron Rodgers can make sure you don't lose games. Aaron Rodgers is not going to make mistakes, and that's enough.
Speaker 7: That's Pittsburgh Stuet football.
Speaker 9: We're gonna win eight nine games, we're gonna sneak our way into the playoffs, we're gonna finish the year strong most years, and we're gonna probably get bounced, but that's okay. That's Pittsburgh Steeler football. Aaron Rodgers absolutely the best option.
Speaker 5: I just find it interesting because you're right. We have these two i'd say gold standard franchises, one of them with six rings in their building, the other one with four rings in the building, the Steelers and the Giants. Then you got this motivated version of Rogers forty one years old.
Speaker 2: You start doing the pros and cons.
Speaker 5: Of it, You're like Dable is an offensive head coach who obviously is going to be motivated in a contract year for him where it's as contract year.
Speaker 2: If that Giants are terrible again, Dabel. I can't imagine being back next year.
Speaker 5: So it's like they're gonna be motivate Tomlin. Of course, great respect for Rodgers. They play each other in a super Bowl, like they've got a long history together. And yet Pittsburgh, you look at those offensive skill position players, you might like that even more than what.
Speaker 2: The Giants have right now.
Speaker 5: When you're looking at a guy like DK Metcalf and Pickens, but it's Arthur Smith's offense, you might not be as familiar with it as as Dables.
Speaker 2: And then there's option C and D.
Speaker 5: Option C is retire and step away, and option D just take your sweet time. You're Aaron Rodgers and you make a decision whenever you want, and you want to see fit and these teams then eventually have to make a move because they can't enter OTA's without.
Speaker 2: What about other options for the Steelers? I listed all the ones that I see. Am I'm missing something? Read the tea leaves. I don't get it. No, I mean, that's it.
Speaker 5: It's like, you know, Jamis is a guy you mentioned, Wentz is a guy you mentioned, and then you start going down that Mac Jones list and it's.
Speaker 6: Like gosh, we're.
Speaker 5: Not gonna beat the Ravens and the Bengals with with Mac Jones this year.
Speaker 2: It's just not gonna happen.
Speaker 5: So Steelers, I also don't know if they wanted to commit all that money to Darnald or Fields as we see, like, I don't think they saw themselves doing it with those guys either, So kind of a rock in a hard place. And yet as we see in the NFL every year, the Broncos made the playoffs last season with Bo Nix as their quarterback.
Speaker 2: Like things happen, Brock, We're just.
Speaker 3: Going to know you at the table here and you two in New York. I say this with love, like when someone sits in this chair and tease you guys up and is in meetings with you guys, and like, I know what I'm getting into when it comes to your segments or your ideas.
Speaker 4: You need a certain quarterback.
Speaker 3: Let's just say in that wide receiver room with DK Metcalf and George Pickens, and I don't think it's a rookie quarterback that's gonna be like, yeah, I could totally hang with this intensity in these personalities. I actually think Rogers is a good fit for looking at those guys staring them down and being like, can you just knock it off and play the position for like.
Speaker 4: One second, for one snap? And I feel like Rogers is a good fit for that.
Speaker 3: I'm not paralleling you guys to DK Metcalf and George Pickens. I'm just saying jobs are a little bit more intense.
Speaker 2: With which I'll be. Here's Metcalf, He's bigger than me.
Speaker 5: Pickens, I'm the one with my helmet.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 3: At the draft, there is a certain puffing of the chess that divisions get to do if a team that is in that division wins a super Bowl. And that's how the NFC East feels right now is the Philadelphia Eagles are celebrating their Lombardi and they were very busy to sign some long term guys of their defense. On the back end of that, however, they also lost some main characters to this team. Ian Rappaport and Tom Peliser are insiders today, very busy.
Speaker 4: These guys.
Speaker 3: I'll start with you rap sheet the Eagles, what moves that.
Speaker 4: They make and what else does their division look like.
Speaker 6: Well, let's talk about Josh Sweat, the star pass rusher for the Philadelphia Eagles. But I think a lot of people thought maybe these Super Bowl MVP, just because of how disruptive he is, he is signing not back with the pladelph philadelphih egles think they knew that this was not going to happen. He agrees to terms any four year, seventy six point four million dollar contract with the Arizona Cardinals. Jonathan Gannon, of course, is very familiar with Joshua from his time in Philly. This one makes a lot of sense. Forty one million dollars guaranteed. They also lost Milton Williams, one of the studs of their defense right in the middle, big time player Tom He went to the New England Patriots for more than one hundred million dollar contract. When you're Philadelphia, of contraction priorities everywhere, you have so many of your really, really good players under huge contracts. This is just the reality. Now it's on Howie Roseman and the rest of personnel staff to draft and replace some of the guys they lost.
Speaker 8: Meanwhile, I and everybody else in the NFC, in particularly the NFC East, playing catchup right now with the Eagles. The Commanders continued to be extremely aggressive. They pulled off the blockbuster trade on the first day of free agency, acquiring left tackle Laramie Tunsel from the Houston Texans along with a fourth round pick in exchange.
Speaker 10: For I'm going to count this up for you, twenty twenty five and twenty twenty five third and seventh rounders, a twenty twenty six second rounder, and a twenty twenty six to fourth rounder. I was looking back at this because remember they'll trade a fifth for Deebo Samuel. Back during the season, they traded third, fourth, and future sixth round picks for Marshawn Latimore somehow, and I literally have just been like pulling this together and asking to make sure I'm right. They still have five picks in this year's craft. They have their first and second rounders among others here. I remember they had the Johan Dotson trade, they had the John Ridgeway trade.
Speaker 8: So they've been able to get some back here. But this is very much an aggressive Commander's front office. You've got Josh Harris and Bob Myers who come from the basketball world, as well as Adam Peters, who came from a forty nine Ers team that has never been shy about trading draft capital for veteran players. The fact that they're kind of pushing their chips in and saying, hey, we got a young quarterback right now is on a rookie deal, cost controlled. We're going to max out what we've got and try to put veteran plays around them and win right now. That's the type of mentality they're taking here, in frankly, with how good the egos look down the stretch here, Jamie, that's probably a plan you're going to need. Be bold or go home.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, it's a really good point. You too, appreciate it so much. And then a five time NBA champion likes to chime in, Magic Johnson and.
Speaker 4: His involvement in this. He loves the move.
Speaker 3: The Commander's minority owner said yesterday on x I'm so happy to hear that we have traded for Laramie Tunsel as TP just reference one of the best left tackles in the NFL. We're going to help protect our young superstar quarterback, jam Daniels.
Speaker 4: Super job.
Speaker 3: That's an ultimate compliment from one of your owners to Adam Peters.
Speaker 4: Let's open this up to the table and talk about the Commanders closing.
Speaker 3: The gap, and Peter, you referenced it at the end of last segment, focusing laser focus on the Eagles and making sure they catch them because they have a very specific time clock. Here Peter with a young talented quarterback.
Speaker 5: Yeah, look, he's on a rookie contract. We're already in a year two. You have money to spend, go spend it now and get some veteran guys.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 5: From the offensive side of the ball. This is an unbelievable upgrade. Laramie Tunzel is one of the best players in football, and they get them.
Speaker 2: And they do so.
Speaker 5: Because the Texans are like, we're looking at our books and we're gonna have to pay st out soon and he's entering in the latter part of his career. But for the for the Commanders, it's we have the guy in a second year of his contract and we'll take the Laramie tons of that left tackle and.
Speaker 2: Then Deebo Samuel. A lot has been made about what Deebo was last year. Is he overweight?
Speaker 7: Is he not?
Speaker 2: Overyway, I'll tell you this.
Speaker 5: Contract year and Cliff Kingsbury's offense, which was the number one offense and throwing wide receiver screens last year. You better believe you're getting a motivated Deebo samuelf he doesn't come to camp in shape, it might be all you got and we might be all she wrote for Debo say to get that podcast equipment.
Speaker 2: Let's took the podcasts away and then let's get it going. And I think there was a little bit too much pots podcast.
Speaker 5: I will say this, Commanders have a ton of holes on defense. The last time I watched them, they give up fifty five points and seven rushing touchdowns. Love Bobby Wagner and it's great to have him back, but like these are offensive moves, the offensive set, Cliff Kingsbury is going to be a kid in a candy store. I don't know if they closed the gap on defense. I'm not sure losing Jonathan Allen helps them in any single way doing they have to do when you're gonna go up against an Eagles team that had seven rushing touchdowns and just shove the ball down your throat all last year.
Speaker 2: So we're the NFL. We like points. We're here, La la la. It's all great.
Speaker 5: The Commanders are awesome, but they also have to stop the Eagles too, and I'm not sure if they did anything to really help that.
Speaker 9: And Peter, I'm right there with you, because yes, it's free agent frenzy. We love this time of year, bunch of exciting signings that we tend to forget the earlier extensions. And as long as number twenty six is wearing a Philadelphia Eagles uniform, that gap will remain.
Speaker 7: You keep mentioning seven touchdowns in that.
Speaker 9: Final matchup, how about just Saquon Barkley in his three matchups against the Commanders four hundred and fourteen rushing yards, seven touchdowns in three matchups. Yes, I love the Javon kinloss signing. I love retaining future Hall of Famer Bobby Wagner.
Speaker 7: That's not enough.
Speaker 2: It's not enough.
Speaker 9: It's going to take a whole lot more to stop that man right there. So while I sit here drooling over the idea of Jaden Daniels back there with Deebo, Samuel to is right, b Rob two was left. A line nightmare, a safety's nightmare. You don't know where the ball's going, play actions go lower, VI, your option, all kind of stuff. Clif Kingsbury is gonna go crazy as long as Saquon Barkley is wearing that Philly uniform, there will be a gap.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's I'm I'm sitting there trying to do the same thing you're doing.
Speaker 2: This happens to the Super Bowl champs.
Speaker 1: We sit there and we do this segment about the gaps closed, and they come back down to Earth and they lost some very good players, they lost their offensive coordinator, and so now you just pick them apart like buzzards, I come back to the same bedrock that you guys did. It's like I like Washington too. There's so much to like. Nobody likes DQ more than this show. Jane Daniels, on and on and on, like you have to tackle. It's still tackle football. Like here's here's my impression of Saquon Barkley against the Commanders. Ready, yeah, and then back again. Yeah, just anything he wanted to do. And then I'll do a backflip across the screen. Anything he wanted to do, over and over and over. And he did the same thing to the Rams. It's just like, until we address that, I can't sit here and say, yeah, I don't know, it's up for grabs. Commanders are fun, They're ascending. I'm not going to sit here. Twenty seconds after the Eagles bleue out the Chiefs in the Super Bowl and say that they're giving up the East.
Speaker 2: Now, I won't do.
Speaker 3: It in a pity bump for television. At least the Commanders are that second team. We're talking about the division that have made the most moves in with the Eagles because we're not looking at the Dallas Cowboys right now, and we're still trying to figure out what's going on with the Giants. So NFC East, You're fascinating and we love you just like we love free agency frenzy. It's like eating tacos on a Monday or posting a throwback photo of yourself on any other day except for Thursday. Yes, our whiteboards are out. No, it is not Wednesday. It is Tuesday, and we're going to play a little game called one word Whiteboard.
Speaker 4: I have a team.
Speaker 3: Written on the other side of my whiteboard. Gentlemen, when I show you this team name, you will write one word on your board to describe how you feel about them. After day one of free agency, are you already, brock first.
Speaker 4: Time whiteboard user going out board?
Speaker 7: Ready?
Speaker 9: All right? Oh?
Speaker 4: This is your first team, The New England Patriots.
Speaker 3: After seeing everything they did under their new head coach Mike Rabel. Peter, what is your one word that you will use to describe the Patriots?
Speaker 2: Same kind of word I would describe Vrabel. They're tough. There's a tough team.
Speaker 5: Now you add in big bodies like Milton Williams underneath, and then you add in Mac Collins, who's a tough wide receiver. And I love the fact that you've got Milton next to Barmore, but.
Speaker 2: Even Carlton Davis.
Speaker 5: These they are tough, big physical players. I see a lot of words tough. This is every one of these players. You would describe them as tough. Morgan Moses is a thirty four year old veteran who still had a high market here.
Speaker 2: Roberts Bulane tough.
Speaker 5: Taki Taki, no tough, no longer on the Browns.
Speaker 2: He's tough, tough. You know what I'm saying. They're tough. I think this is tough.
Speaker 9: I like the word tough, So I'm gonna have a synonym for tough, Vrabel, because you just nailed it.
Speaker 7: These are Vrabels guys.
Speaker 9: Jamie nailed it earlier when she said he's building this team the way that he wants to build it, the way he built it in Tennessee. Of Rabel to me as a guy who maybe a casual football watcher. They know of Harold Landry, they know of Carlton Davis. But someone who watches ball. Nos, no, no, no, that's a dog right there, and that is a Rabel guy to me. Not necessarily glitz, not glamour, but day one you will feel their presence.
Speaker 1: Listen, this is sometimes you go third and sometimes you get your clean slate and say anything you want, and sometimes you have the same exact answer.
Speaker 2: I repurposed it though I wrote the word chew because when you have.
Speaker 1: These type of players, you're Mike Babel, you know, and start cooking ass. Listen, I stay away from smoke withs Tobacco kids. However, Robert Splane, Bobby's Blaine, he should wear number fifty.
Speaker 2: He should wear the same number as Rabel. It's the same dude. And you know what, we'll.
Speaker 1: Start working him in on the goal line package too, and all he catches his touchdowns.
Speaker 2: I thought the same thing you at home thought.
Speaker 1: The same thing is that Rabel is building this in his image, not his own physically, but of what he's done.
Speaker 2: In his entire career. Pack one in or don't and go to work. Kick mask. That's my words.
Speaker 3: Okay, paper cup guys or dirty water bottle guys.
Speaker 4: Is like, that's the qualify ass all right.
Speaker 2: Kyle Paul guys we call them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Kyle, you've said this before. How when you look at the future of this team that you don't want to look back at the eighties and how great they were. So instead of saying do Bears, I'm going the Bears. The Chicago Bears, not doll Bears. So not only were they active and free agency with Ryan Poles, but they got some trades done along the way. Peter, you're one word for the Chicago Bears.
Speaker 2: Better. They're a better team.
Speaker 5: You can't deny that they have an offensive head coach to go with their quarterback.
Speaker 2: They now have guys in the trenches.
Speaker 5: I love Jonah Jackson coming from the Rams, and of course before that the Lions, and I love the fact they got Grady Jarrett and Joe Toney.
Speaker 2: They are a better team objectively. Now are they contending for a Super Bowl? I don't know.
Speaker 5: They might be a sexy pick for some, but they are a better team today than they were yesterday at this time.
Speaker 2: So I'm gonna say better security.
Speaker 9: Caleb Boys was running for his life all season long. The fact that he's still healthy and upright is a miracle. Ben Jonson said, as if I want to have fun, I need security for my quarterback.
Speaker 7: He needs to be comfortable. He needs to be confident.
Speaker 9: We're gonna run the football, and that starts with security. Kata Williams has five bouncers around him wherever he wants to go.
Speaker 7: He's feeling safe.
Speaker 1: I like it, and Jamie, I like the point that you started the presentation with. As a native Chicago Land guy, I don't like the Bears.
Speaker 2: I'm done with it. I loved it in the nineties.
Speaker 1: And due respect to Robert Smigal and George Went and Mike Myers and Chris Farley and the SNL sketch that coined it, doub Bears is something who like, people aren't from Chicago say about the Bears. And I know it's a fun nickname, I don't use it myself. And the fact that it goes back to the past and this whole team is going to the future. How are they going to the future. I have never seen this word on social media or television.
Speaker 2: More than I saw it yesterday.
Speaker 1: Trenches, trenches, trenches, trenches, trenches.
Speaker 2: So many trenches.
Speaker 1: The Bears are filling all of the trenches. You could not describe them yesterday without using the word trenches. Big, Ben Johnson, we want shock at all. We want our Jamiir Gibbs. I'm on wrestling Brown. They already have a couple of those guys. They want guards, defensive tackles. The Bears have better guard play than the Bulls have had in thirty years.
Speaker 2: Believe me, based on yesterday.
Speaker 1: Why because the trenches, trenches, trenches, trenches, trenches, that's the word a thousand times.
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh, Kyle, you really just right?
Speaker 7: I like.
Speaker 2: It's been a minute. Zach Lavine, Ben Gordon, geez you too.
Speaker 3: All right, I'm trying to do art here because I know the brand. I'm going with the brand. Okay, ready, guy, for your ex assignment. Here's your brand. What are you doing here, Big the Steeler?
Speaker 4: Is that right?
Speaker 2: Oh cool? All right?
Speaker 4: Yeah, that matches all right here.
Speaker 3: The Steelers made one of the biggest splashes with their additional DK Metcalf, but in general, not knowing who's throwing him the ball, Peter, how are we feeling about the Steelers.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm gonna say wild, and it's I just they have DK Metcalf and George Pickens and no quarterback at the moment, So just after day one, it's just my head is spinning. Now, if Aaron Rodgers gets added to the mix, I want not only hard knocks, but I want Amazon to do in all access. I want Netflix to bring in their cameras. I want NFL films to just be dedicated to that wide receivers room when it's Pickins and Metcalf and Aaron Rodgers coming in there to chat with them about how we're both going to get the ball and everything's going to be okay.
Speaker 2: Wild, wild times to be a Steelers fan.
Speaker 5: The fact that they're hanging around and waiting to see who is going to throw these two explosive and combustible wide receivers the.
Speaker 6: Ball and it's already mid March.
Speaker 2: This is fascinating.
Speaker 5: Let's see if Rodgers be signed there today or it's option BCD.
Speaker 2: I don't know, wild.
Speaker 9: Keystone, because that's what they're missing. And you could build the lavish mansion that looks beautiful and gorgeous if I told.
Speaker 7: You there's no keystone there.
Speaker 9: You're not walking in there, and until they find that quarterback, like Peter was just talking about, without that keystone, it's hard to buy in. Everything looks wonderful for any quarterback to walk in there and immediately succeed, but until it happens, it's a mansion without a.
Speaker 3: Keyso they don't have a driveway, they don't have a door.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of things, Kyle, they got a lot, they just don't have the centerpiece. Which is why I'm gonna go throw back in this one. You see what this says right here, It says Voltron Vultron back in the day with the sword as the tee because the Vultron head, if you know what it's all about, was the black Lion. Vultron is not Vultron until the head completes it. You got legs, arms, torso everything you need to have the head. This is the most important story in the NFL right now. Due respect, I think it's more important than who the Giants quarterback is, who the Vikings quarterback is.
Speaker 2: The number one question in what we.
Speaker 1: Do for a living is who is the Steelers quarterback going to be? Because you know next year you have two choices. They're gonna win nine games or they're gonna win ten. Take your pick. It will not be any other number. Who's to a quarterback for doing I think it's the head of voltront and I don't know who it is yet.
Speaker 2: One word to describe the forty.
Speaker 5: Nine ers fiscally responsible and VOLTI time where the markets are not.
Speaker 2: Stable, Go Niners when everyone else is spending money. And I just saw what Milton Williams is.
Speaker 5: Guaranteed money is with the Patriots, gonna blow your socks off. I'm sure the insiders will have it in a couple of minutes, but I got the numbers on the contract.
Speaker 2: It's in. It's wild. Milton william is going to be the.
Speaker 5: Richest defensive tackle in the history of the sport. Fiscally responsible in a volatile time where.
Speaker 2: The markets are not sailing.
Speaker 5: We've been talking about the actual Wall Street markets right now.
Speaker 2: Hello, in the Wall Street segment we bit yeah, maybe maybe not. I don't know. Let's see this.
Speaker 5: I do adhere to the football world, and I will say this, the Niners are going against the grain where everyone else is just spending like crazy. They're like, let's tighten our belts a little bit. Let's be smart because we do have to pay a quarterback and oh yeah, by the way, maybe we don't want to just give money away every single year and kick the can down the road.
Speaker 2: It's a reset and it's.
Speaker 5: Fysically responsible and a volatile time where the markets.
Speaker 2: Are not.
Speaker 9: I'm going with punt because they're punting this free agency.
Speaker 7: They have seven draft picks. That's exciting.
Speaker 9: You're not gonna expect seven rookies to come in here and win you a super Bowl. But they've been spending a lot of money every single year and that hasn't gotten in the Super Bowl either, So credit to them.
Speaker 7: What's the definition of.
Speaker 9: Crazy doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result. They're learning and they're gonna say, we're not going.
Speaker 7: To do what we used to do. They're punting for now. But punting can lead to winning.
Speaker 2: Yeah, sure, I certainly can.
Speaker 1: I've been pleased to see recently Mike Myers has been around, showed up on SNL, He's doing podcasts and stuff. When I was probably ten or eleven years old, I learned a word from Mike Myers, and it was not shwing.
Speaker 2: It was this. It was for Klempt, for Clem's and Mike Myers.
Speaker 1: As Leonna Richmond would say, he's getting for clemped, and he was getting emotional about things. I'm for clemped about the Niners right now because I'm feeling like this is the Sarah McLoughlin. I I'm seeing these names Art, Travarius Ward, telling All, Hufunga, Drake green Law, Javon Hargrave.
Speaker 2: And then the big one for me is this juice.
Speaker 1: The Kyle ust Check is no longer a forty nine er, nine years served. It's not a Pro Bowl or newly imagined Pro Bowl games presented by Verizon without Kyle Yuscheck. He wanted to stay a Niner. They apparently couldn't afford him. It was just time to move on. And you Check, I love that man. You get attached to people. If you're a normal human being, you need to do this job.
Speaker 2: I love you Check. I love his game.
Speaker 1: And Louce Check is also like I'm not done, Like you can look at the tape and show me if I'm a declining player, because I am the same player I always have been. I still love the guy. I can't wait for him for somebody to pick him up. But I am a little bit sad that this Niners team that we have had so many great moments and so much heartbreak with as football fans, the two Super Bowls, up and down it, so many quarterbacks championship, we've all been through it. I mean, we better there a lot with these Niners team, and the fact that it is kind of like going up into ashes, like you know, the Avengers. They're gonna land on their feet. They got a great coach and they're going to have a very expensive, I.
Speaker 2: Think, pretty good quarterback. But in the meantime, you check for Climp for you, buddy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Peter, to the point of your board, they got to figure out what to do with Rock Party's contract, and in terms of that, does that what you apply that to as well, Peter Purdy's deal and trying to stay are stable in the marketplace,