Speaker 1: What's that at the Bed's spooky?
Speaker 2: Hey juky, I'm preally sure it's dead.
Speaker 1: It's coming this way. Wait a minute, he I, I Nanda's plase. Hey boo, It's me Roz and welcome to Ghosted by Roz Hernandez, the podcast where I talk to people that I like about the baron normal. Oh my god, I got to have such a fun time with Pat Reagan, who is a comedian, such a funny stand up comedian. You got to see him live if you ever have the chance. Also hosts the podcast Seek Treatment, which I recently got to be on. And he he also writes on the TV show Hacks on HBO, which is just the best. I don't get me started. I love that show so so much. And also, this is an interesting episode because he doesn't necessarily have a ghost story, but he's got a lot to talk about. He's one of these people that I think can make anything funny and interesting and made it really easy on me. So let's just go into the episode. You'll hear exactly what I'm talking about. I hope you have a nice little laugh or two. And oh also, I just wanted to remind you that you can help support the show by going to exactly Rightemedia dot com slash promos, scroll down to you see ghosted and that's where all the latest deals from our advertisers are. They're all in one place, and that's exactly Rightmedia dot com slash promos and then click on ghosted. Okay, here we go. It's time for me and Pat Reagan.
Speaker 2: Pat Reagan, Hello, Hi, thank you for having me.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, how are you?
Speaker 2: I'm good. I'm good. It's like one of those mornings I woke up, I wake up earlier, earlier, I wake up at six thirty, thank you, and then I go to the gym at seventieteen. But then it is just the kind of thing where you know and like your body then thinks you've accomplished something because you've like gone to the gym.
Speaker 1: But then it's like no, but I can imagine, yeah, I'll be vicarious.
Speaker 2: And then you haven't quite accomplished anything. You've just moved weights around and then but then your body thinks you have, so then you're so lazy. It's like this, it's been a really lazy morning.
Speaker 1: I thought it's supposed to make you energize.
Speaker 2: It does make me energized. It does make me energize. But like, if I don't get home, I like get right into a task. Then I kind of like I got home and I got right into like sending voice memos to friends, and then all of a sudden you're in nine different voice memo conversations, and all of a sudden, the morning's gone, and all of a sudden, you're like, wait, I'm thirty five years old. Why am I having nine orchis memeal conversations throughout a weekday morning?
Speaker 1: Send me a voice mama some time, I will, I have to. What do you think about like the paranormal? Does it concern you in any way?
Speaker 2: It doesn't concern me. But like I don't fear Like there's something about ghosts that to me, I just don't quite believe in or something, and so like I don't get scared of them. And then I also have a very cho it's gonna sound so dark, like I have a very chill relationship with Like if a ghost like kills me, I'm like whatever, Like if you needed to do that, like fine, Like I don't. I'm not obsessed with thing alive, so like I don't I don't get scared that. I like, I feel like I would think about ghost like what if a ghost comes to my house and that kills me? But I like I'm like, okay, well whatever if that happens, it happens kind of thing. So I don't think about them because I don't have that fear. And then also like I'm not like very observant of the world around me. I'm very in my own head. I'm like, you know, I lose everything I touch and I don't look where I'm walking. It's crazy that I haven't been hit by a bus yet because I'm like walking in front of them NonStop. So like I'm sure I've Lurie's like walked next to a ghost who was like waving at me and just like didn't notice, you know what I mean. Like I just am in my own kind of world. Yeah, so forever reason, like they don't fascinate me so much, but I do believe in them. I do very much believe in aliens. I think for sure there's like other planets with like different ohkay sees on them for sure, if I can give you that.
Speaker 1: See, That's how I always feel like I've got so many Like Okay, since I transitioned. I feel like I never encountered ghosts or like very rarely nowadays, and or you know, maybe I just used to think I did more before, but now I'm just like I'm trans dealing with other shit. I can't look at you like trying to spook me. I'm not interested. I got other problems. Yeah, but wait, so when you talk about a ghost trying to kill you, which I think is fascinating because to to me, if a ghost killed me, then that would mean I'm now on their.
Speaker 2: Plane, right, and is that what they want? But don't you think in all like the move the scary movies, it's like ghosts to always like possessing people and then making them kill themselves. It's like a huge part of like cinemas.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well those are usually demons, which are different.
Speaker 2: So possession isn't ghosts. Well you know what I mean, it's all nebulous to me. It's all I don't understand the rules, and I guess I just and then like if ghosts are not you know, malignant, if they're if they're just nice, and like I don't care that much about like dog, Like I'm not someone who when a dog walks by I'm like, oh my god, look that dog gets cute. So it's like I'm fine with ghosts existing. How they're like they have nothing to do with me, Like they don't they I think, don't care about me, Like they don't care to interact with me, which I'm like, that's fine, right. So it's like if they're nice, I'm like, okay, whatever, like move go, like go on with your day and like be nice to everyone. Whatever. Are meaning kind of like murderous and I'm like, oh, okay, like they haven't you.
Speaker 1: I mean what I'm saying, Yeah, I mean, it's just how we should all be with living people. It's like maybe you were born this way, you do what you.
Speaker 2: Do totally, and maybe you died this way it's a.
Speaker 1: Ghost and then some of you died this way. Yeah, But I just think, like I've gotten into so many fights with ghosts.
Speaker 2: Really, yeah, what does that look like?
Speaker 1: Well? There is a clip that just hit about fifteen million views of me getting called a slur.
Speaker 2: By a ghost. Are you serious?
Speaker 1: Yeah? And then I've had like a couple of these moments where I'm like, you better pray I don't drop dead right now, bitch, because if I'm now a ghost, then I could probably actually slap you, right. I think my hand would go through right now, if I slapped a ghost.
Speaker 2: It goes to so lucky you're alive.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if I became a ghost, like, listen, bitch, I'll meet you over there.
Speaker 2: The earings are coming off, The earrings are coming off.
Speaker 1: The ear rings will come right up. It's like, just so you know, it might be fifty more years, might be sixty. It probably won't. It might be sooner, but you better wait.
Speaker 2: Now, does everybody become a ghost or just some people become ghosts? Do you think?
Speaker 1: I mean, I try to be careful with what I think. Well, no, I'm not. But nothing's a fact. Here's the thing, none of this stuff. Nobody knows this for real.
Speaker 2: I think it can't be everybody's a ghost, because like that would get so crowded if everyone became a ghost when they died. There's billions of people even just now so there have been like probably kajillions of people since the beginning. If everyone was slowly becoming ghosts, it would literally be it would be a like Tokyo subway. The entire earth just filled with ghosts that could barely even want because there's so many of them, do you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: It seems that way. Yeah, and then you add demons in there, it's just a lie.
Speaker 2: But you know, I love Buffy the Vampire Slayer, and so most of my relationship with demonology is from kind of the Buffy verse.
Speaker 1: Oh interesting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and when I've gleaned film Buffy, those art facts and that Israel and that is science.
Speaker 1: Well that was a documentary.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was a documentary about a young girl in California.
Speaker 1: A ducuseries.
Speaker 2: About op it Uh.
Speaker 1: To answer your question, though, I think the most common theory would be, you know, unfinished business. I think if somebody dies and they don't realize that. Okay, you just pulled a ripped, lean bicep into the frame.
Speaker 2: While I'm trying to oh, oh my god.
Speaker 1: And you think that I'm going to just keep talking.
Speaker 2: No, you know, I'm in a bulk. I totally was off air. I'm in I'm bolk right now for my gym journey and like and so I'm not as lean as I once was. But I will say, my arms look great.
Speaker 1: That was a lean python of a muscle.
Speaker 2: I will say to my arms look great, and that's the only thing I'll say my physical body.
Speaker 1: Well, going back to physical bodies and spiritual bodies, Yeah, I mean I think that there's a lot of reasons why someone might be a ghost apparently, you know. I think if someone's life just gets cut short instantly and then all of a sudden, they're like, wait, am I dead? Like what's going on? I think if it's like very traumatic, sometimes it's believed that that trauma sticks, you know, in one place, even when the physical body is not there.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of reasons, but I personally think from studying the stuff so much, that someone that knew they were going to die for a long time, they're totally at peace. They set all their sories or whatever. Yeah, it's not very common that they come back and stick around. It usually seems like some somebody that's like I still want to be on Earth and it's like girl graduating, Like.
Speaker 2: That's so not me. I so won't be a ghost. I don't feel about me on Earth. But if anything, I will say, like my one big chunk of unfinished business is like you know that I lose so many things, Like I lose everything, Like I just got a new credit card. It's already lost, but I'm down both my debit cards and one of my credit cards right now. But anyways, my point is, since I was like nine, have lost everything, And since I was like nine, I was always like, I don't even care about getting anything back, but I'm obsessed went what happens to these things? Like where do they go? And if anything? I would be a ghost just to know where all my debit cards and keys went and stuff. And I would have to walk to the earth so I found everything.
Speaker 1: Oh the searchers sort of a ghost that's always looking for something.
Speaker 2: But it would just be my journey. I wouldn't really bother anybody else.
Speaker 1: I don't thing'd be like, so sorry, it didn't mean to scare you. I didn't mean to wake you up in the middle of the night. I'm just is my debit carden here?
Speaker 2: Did I leave my cards here?
Speaker 1: Were you raised with religion at all?
Speaker 2: I was raised in the Catholic Church. Just amazing for my mental health that it's.
Speaker 1: A flawless religion. It really is.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Are you familiar with the work of Saint Anthony?
Speaker 2: Yes, you know. I went to Saint Anthony's High school.
Speaker 1: Okay, well do you know that he's like the patron saint of lost items.
Speaker 2: Yes, And that's why my confirmation name was Anthony, because people were always telling me to pray to Saint Anthony to like find my stuff. Yeah. Obviously he always was kind of busy, could never help.
Speaker 1: Had a bad connection, just couldn't get through.
Speaker 2: He always had something that day. But so when I was in confirmation, which are like, now you're thirteen, so you could decide your full complex relationship with the presence of God in your life. In Catholics mental confirmation, and you have to choose like a name that you'll never use again and doesn't matter at all.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I did that, and I had.
Speaker 2: To be Viciat and everyone told me to choose Saint Anthony because I was like, I was like famous in my town for losing things.
Speaker 1: That's when I did that. I just I already was like this stuff is all bogus, a bunch of blowneys. Yeah, so I was just like, I don't know, I'll pick the longest, like most unusual, uncommon name. And then I remember my name was Zephanaya.
Speaker 2: Oh it's so fun.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was just like it's a fun one I.
Speaker 2: Wish I had more of a sense of humor and whimsy with it. I wanted so badly to please the people. Do you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, I get that, But so still to this day, have you have you consulted Saint Anthony? No?
Speaker 2: Now, I just don't bother him because i know he like has so much going on that I'm like, let me just look for my things and if I don't find them, I'll just order a new card on MX dot com.
Speaker 1: Because I've talked about this on the show with multiple you know, former Catholics or whatever where Like that is for me, the like the one Catholic thing that I that I I'm like, what's the worst that'll happen if, like, you know, I'd lose something? And I'm like, Saint Anthony, I've tried everything.
Speaker 2: Oh so you do pray to Saint Anthony?
Speaker 1: Well, I don't know. I guess it's technically praying, but it's usually like I've exhausted every option and I'm like, listen, girl, can you just like I know, you know where it is, Saint Anthony? Can you just tell like whatever I swear to God, it like always works.
Speaker 2: Are you serious? Oh? For me. It's like the exact opposite, where it's almost like either he doesn't care or he just like I was like, he's bad at this, like he's faking it, like he can't he's actually bad at finding things. Or it's like you know there's people where it's like they have no real talents, so they just like make up a talent they have, like that was Himorzy, No, I'm really good at finding things actually, and he's like, that's my thing.
Speaker 1: Well, I think one time he probably found something by accident really good. It's like when someone accidentally goes viral and then now everyone's following them yes, and then it's like, okay, we want you to do that thing again, and they're like I I got not them totally totally.
Speaker 2: That's exactly what happened with Saint Anthony.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think so. So okay, I want to ask you about psychics. What do you think of that.
Speaker 2: I'm more prone to believe in psychics and I don't know why, Like there hasn't been a ton of like death in my life, so like mediums, like there's not a lot of people that would talk to me because I honestly don't know very many people who have died, which I you know, very charmed life. I suppose, just like my grandparents. I don't know. I don't think they were like I think once your grandparent, if you die, you kind of like if when I'm a grandpa, if I die, I'll be like, yeah, I expected to do. I'm a grandpa, for chraz.
Speaker 1: Sake, what do you think was gonna happen to me?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm gonna live longer. So I just don't think my grandparents, any of them, would necessarily visit me. And then it's not like, you know, both my parents are living or no one. I've never really had even a friend really who died. But I do believe it. I actually do believe in that. So maybe I must believe in ghosts because I'm like, if I believe people can talk to ghosts, I must believe in them.
Speaker 1: Does any of it have to do with the fact aren't you from Long Island? Or do I make that up?
Speaker 2: Yes? But I don't. Yes, And this is actually a crazy story. You're talking about the Long Island medium.
Speaker 1: Of course, stories like a Pudoh.
Speaker 2: I have no experience with her, and I didn't watch that show, but you know, you know, JFL, a big comedy festival in Montreal.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just for lapse of course.
Speaker 2: Yeah, my first time auditioning for it, it was like I was so nervous and I actually was just coming from a funeral of my great uncle and I had to go straight to like this theater in Long Island City in Queens And it's just like those audition shows are always so bizarre because it's like mainly the people kind of judging the auditions and like some people's friends. But it's just like the weirdest vibe in the room. And it's not a show that like just random audience members go to. Right. But I show up and I see this one in the front row with this very specific haircut, and I'm like, oh my god, that's the Long Island Medium top. And I don't know why to this day, but the Long Island Medium came to watch JFL first round auditions in like twenty probably twenty eighteen, twenty seventeen. It was crazy.
Speaker 1: Do you think they were consulting her to be like, who do you think is going to be the next star?
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe that's how JPL chooses who's going to be on the New Faces line up each year.
Speaker 1: Well, JFL is dead, isn't it Like, isn't it over or taking a break?
Speaker 2: I don't follow if it's dead or not, but like I feel like it's dead, and then it's not dead, and then it's like I don't really know, but yeah, I think it's probably dead. But you know what, I do have watched quite a bit of and do like believe he's real. And I'm sure, like I'm sure there's many who have like proven that he's a fraud.
Speaker 1: But I'm like, that's every psychic.
Speaker 2: Tyler, Tyler, Henry, the gay one, yes, the gay twing, But like.
Speaker 1: All I'm saying is literally every single psychic. If you google, you will find people being like they're right, they're Oh, they're a liar, they're a scammer.
Speaker 2: Yeah. But what's really made me believe in psychics is like Real Housewives, because like they come on and they say things that producers don't even know, that these women don't even know, and then we watch those things come true and it's crazy. And my favorite line ever in any real hosswive thing, I think is from like do you watch OC now? So there was a there's a woman called Vicky who's like the original house, Like honestly, she's like the blueprint sort of, and she's had kind of like a tragic she's obviously completely insane, and she's like had a couple of different husbands on the show. And then she was dating this guy, Brooks, who like you could just tell was bad news, and like, of course he was like swindling her and it was like very clear he was using. It was like, this is such a bad situation, but she's like in love and all the women are like, we don't trust him, we don't trust him, we hate him, and he becomes this villain for a few seasons. Then they come back one season and they're like Brooks has cancer, and it was like kind of this redemptive arc for him where he was like you know, dealing with like his fight against cancer. And then all the other women were seeing a psychic, this ball guy who was actually kind of hot, and the psychic was talking and Vicky wasn't there, but they were like and what about Vicky, Like what's gonna happen with Brooks's cancer? And the psychic like, I'm not seeing the cancer. It's not doesn't mean it's not there, but I don't see any cancer around Brooks and then he didn't. It turned out he didn't have cancer. Here was faking it, and the psychic knew, and Tamarck famously shouted, the psychic said, Brooks doesn't have cancer. But he was right, and no one knew like Vicky was. Vicky didn't No, like no one knew. It was crazy, like there was no way he could have known.
Speaker 1: Well, there was also the one that was on Beverly Hills early on. Yes, and yes, there were articles like a year ago or whatever when Kyle and Mauricio like were breaking up or whatever the deal was where she had predicted that so many years before.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she predicted that, and at the time it sounded ludicrous. I mean it's it's less specific. I mean they were such a solidy couple, so it does feel like wow, yeah, but like I don't know, like every real prospect gets. There were some that one I was kind of like, okay, sure, but and also Ramona Singer from New York I think in Morocco, as psychic said, there's another woman in her husband's life and then like two years later she walked in on him fucking sod wrong at their Hampton's house.
Speaker 1: So do you ever get tempted to go to one?
Speaker 2: Yes, I would like to go to one. I'm also someone who's always seeking. I have an obsession over what will happen next to me, and I'm I always feel like I'm on the cusp of the edge of some big abyss. But like, looking back, I've never really been. But I'm always thinking, oh, well, this is God, like what's going to happen next or something like. So I do always want to go, but I guess second, well, well I want to go to a really good one. But then it's like how do you.
Speaker 1: How do you know? Yeah, because again it's like Saint Anthony, like are they gonna happen today? You know, are they tapped in? But totally yeah, it's scary to get into that, I think, because then it's like then you're gonna be thinking like, oh my god, my husband is cheating on me. Like you're gonna be constantly and whether it's true or not, like yeah, I mean, sometimes the suck it gets lucky or sometimes they're they really did get it right.
Speaker 2: But but you know, Catherine, my co host, she like has this heroer she sees in I think like New Zealand, they see her to resume, But the woman is very hard to get in touch with, and she doesn't like want clients, and she lives very off the beaten path in some very rural port of New Zealand real so it's not that it's not that she like. She certainly does not listen to our podcast. Our podcast is not very big whatever. But the woman was like, I know a gay guy in your life called Pat called Patrick, which publicly I go by Pat, but my whole like child to night, my family, I worked colls me Patrick, and my internal monologue, I called myself Patrick. And then she said all this stuff about me to Catherine that was like quite true. And she knew stuff about like my family, like family secrets that like nobody knows. It was crazy. So that actually made me really believe. And then she told me that I was on the edge of darkness and I had to turn towards the light. And I was on the edge of darkness and I did have a turn towards flight. Ah, she told Catherine to tell me that, yeah.
Speaker 1: Were you going to turn towards the light? Before she said that.
Speaker 2: It was a time I was in like a very deep depression, and she was just like, he's so bogged down in the darkness. He's so bogged down. He has to cut the shit, tell him to cut the shit. Like he has to stop, he has to stop. And it was just a time I was like really being cruel to myself in like lots of ways, and I was like very you know, I do think I have like OCD and I get very self punitive and like strange ritualistic ways, and like I was really in it like during that time period, and I didn't obviously listen. I still like, I'm better now, but she isn't what broke me out of it. But it was crazy that she knew about me and then she just there's one specific fact she said to Catherine about something in my family that is so specific and so never been spoken about publicly. It's like so crazy. So like I'm even getting chose thinking about it. So it's wild.
Speaker 1: Wow. Yeah, I love those moments, So like, yeah, I'm still like chasing that. I've been to so many psychics and I feel like I've been able to convince myself a little bit of like, oh my god, I think what they were talking about was this one thing. But like I still haven't had that moment where it's like, how did you know that?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was a close I had of that moment. But it does feel like annoying because it's very hard to get an appointment with her, so like she has no interest in seeing me or whatever.
Speaker 1: You know what. I have found, the better the psychic, the worse at communicating. Yeah, I cannot get some of these psychics to reply to me ever. Yeah, and you know, I'm not gonna blame anyone. They're busy, but yeah, I have reached out to these famous psychics to come on this podcast for oh, I don't know, five years and haven't gotten any reply.
Speaker 2: Well, I do like famous psychics, Like I don't know. I guess like a true psychic doesn't seek fame, do you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Yeah, well I think that definitely. When you say that this woman's like I don't want clients, like leave me alone. I just have this gift like that, I'm like, hell.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Catherine has to ben Mo, her friend who lives like kind of nearby, who has to bring this woman cash is the only way she'll do it.
Speaker 1: That is real. Yeah, that's a real psychic. But I will say I have talked to many people on the show that have been on Tyler Henry and oh really yeah and Long Island Medium, and I have heard nothing but like, holy shit, I don't know how they knew this. Yeah, so I don't know I believe.
Speaker 2: In them, but something about the way he like looks off to the side. He's also like I one time watched like a full marathon and it was like fully pilled out before I got sober, and I just like was like nodding off watching Tyler Henry And it was funny because it was like I think he was like seventeen at the time, and he would have all these like nineties stars and he'd be like, oh my god, this is so crazy. I have no idea who you are, but my mom loves you, and you can tell all the people's hearts like breaking. He talked of the living Corey Corey Feldman. Oh, yeah, who's the Cory that's alive?
Speaker 1: And who's the Corey Corey Feltman's alive?
Speaker 2: So he goes to Corey Felman. He's like, I have no idea you are, but he's like, there's another Quarry coming through to me. And Corey Folman's like oh my god. And he's like, I don't know who is this person? Who is this person? In Coryphon like he's the other Qurey were the Corries. But it was just a heartbreaking to watch Chory Folman had to explain to this twin that they were the Quarries, Like it just was heartbreaking.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he loves he loves to not know whose celebrities are, which is which is a move that living in LA you'll see a lot where people totally will be like, oh, I've never heard of you, what did you do? Who are you? I don't know who you are? Yeah, Okay, well I know you do, but whatever.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And then in that same marathon, I was watching Carol rad Zuwel, the rehasife of New York who, like her big storyline kind of is that she lost She's a widow and she lost her husband like tragically to cancer and she wrote this memoir about it, and like he was like a Kennedy, a cousin. He was a cousin of the Kennedy's, the husband that died, has that died. But then what highlight it was actually who came through wasn't her husband, It was Carolyn Keny which was so chic. Wow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well I've also heard that those sessions are like obviously they cut a lot and it's like way longer. But he like really like goes into like his trance and scribbles and yeah, breeds heavy and sweats and whatever, like he like gets into it. But Okay, I want to know what you think of like bigfoots, like what we call cryptid creatures, these monsters of all. You know, you'll hear about these all over the place, that there's these monsters.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't, like I don't have a firm stance. It's like my immediate gut reaction is like I don't believe in them. But like I just think we've been around the block as a human race, and like we've seen most of the shit. Like it would be so surprising to me if you're like, oh my god, there's this huge monster we've just never fully noticed. We've just kind of noticed them and we could never quite find them. That would be so surprising to me. But you know, I don't know. I grew up on Long Island. There's not lots of woods, Like it would be so hard for a bigfoot to kind of evade capture on the island, but I'm sure there's like areas of Appalachia or wherever where they could really have their privacy. But even the fact that we're talking about it and still no one could find it, and if anyone, and you gotta always follow the money. If someone found Bigfoot, it was like we got him. Hey, we got him.
Speaker 1: Talk about reality show, like they would make.
Speaker 2: So much money off of finding big FROs. So it's like the fact that no one has it means he's not real or she well, but because I know he's a woman or they are they, I mean, we don't know. I thought it was you, Yes, it was me.
Speaker 1: I always like to tell people that a lot of people believe that the famous Bigfoot footage of the sixties was a woman because she's got curves and tittys, right. But part of the fun and why it becomes part of this conversation is like, could these be aliens? Could these be like these mythical creatures that somehow disappear? Could these be the ghosts of old species of creatures that are still wandering because obviously, yeah, we can't catch them, so like they must be something more magical.
Speaker 2: Could you entertain that I could entertain it, and I do believe in aliens. I do believe one day they will come here and attack us, just because like that would just make sense what was like, you know, imperialism being such a celebrated concept. But I do think, like I don't think we have the technology to find them. I think whoever finds the technology for ust will attack the other one. Like if we all of a sudden like really advance and we can go like to farther away planets, Like I'm sure the powers up people be like, let's just randomly attack this planet for no reason. And I bet the aliens are just like us in that way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but like it is a fact that there's unexplained phenomenal in the skies that now we don't know where they're from necessarily, but I think it seems like the aliens already can come here. Yeah, and they have an attacked us, which is why I'm like, they're cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean it could be that, Like I mean, how sodould be a fair flying around to all different solar systems and they're like Earth is not it? They're like, we know that one we have, we don't have an interest in that one. They're kind of flying by to like a cooler planet that you would love to attack that one and take that one over, like I could believe that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what's wrong with us?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it doesn't seem like a vacation destination to come to America.
Speaker 2: Exactly or too earth. Yeah. I don't know how much the tourism economy would boom if aliens could come. I think we're kind of a flyover state.
Speaker 1: We're a flyover planet. Yeah. You know. Another segment we have on this show involves looking at haunted dolls. Can I show you one?
Speaker 2: Please?
Speaker 1: It's time for the dolls are living? Okay, So here's what I do. I go to eBay dot com, a website I know you're familiar with.
Speaker 2: Of course I.
Speaker 1: Can I talk about please? So you introduce me to nicotine spray, which is not a sponsor of the show, but it's something you can pretty much only find on eBay.
Speaker 2: And it's only me to New Zealand, I believe, and I have to send it here?
Speaker 1: Is that what it is? So maybe Catherine Psychic could have the hook up.
Speaker 2: I know this is a very New Zealand Forward podcast episode.
Speaker 1: I love New Zealand. Men. If any are listening, you know, to find me.
Speaker 2: There's a really hot New Zealand runner who won. He is like primarily a steeplechaser now, but he wons the wet Chaser Steeplechaser. It's this event that's like not quite a marquee event, but like it's three thousand meters long, so it's like a little shorter than two miles, So it's like seven and a half laps around the track, but every lap there is five barriers that are kind of like hurdles but more sturdy, and then after one of the hurdles there's a water pit you have to jump over. So it's this kind of like strange event where it's like a critic might say, if someone want to be rude to a steeplechase runner, they might say, well, well, this is an event where if you're not quite good enough to make it in a five k, but you can jump over a barrier as well, then you could be a steeplechaser. But anyways, he's a steeple chaser. He ran.
Speaker 1: You're very into running if people didn't know those about.
Speaker 2: You, And this is all to say indoors. He won the mile at World Championships and he's from New Zealand and he's so hot it makes me feel crazy. Jeordy be Mesh.
Speaker 1: But what is a steeple I just think of here's the church, here's the steeples, it's from horse culture. It just sounds like such a fetish, like, you know, he's a steeple chaser.
Speaker 2: I know steeple chase guys I always think are really hot because they have to have like really strong hamstrings, if you catch my meaning, if.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean. Well, what I do is I go to eBay dot com. And by the way, people, nicotine is bad.
Speaker 2: It's just it's so bad.
Speaker 1: It's not good. And I'm joan endorsed nicotine. But now I found a new way to use it thanks to eBay and pat. So what I do is I go to eBay dot com. And here's the thing that a lot of people might not know. There are thousands of listings for dolls that are allegedly haunted, and every single week we feature a different doll. And this week we've got one for you that's a little spicy, if you can take it. It's a little it's a little sexy. It's currently for sale for one hundred and seventy five dollars. It does not have a name. Jiha, Can you show us that doll please?
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: Okay, So it is definitely a Captain Jack Sparrow doll action figure something for sure. They don't really acknowledge that in this listing, but it is very much one.
Speaker 2: They don't say that, they won't say that's so funny, yeah, because it's truly not.
Speaker 1: It's very much Captain Jack Sparrow. This is what we call an incubus. Are you familiar with that term?
Speaker 2: Just the band?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a band, but it's a male sex demon is inside of this Oh my god, Captain Jack Sparrow doll.
Speaker 2: And can I guess that the haunting is that he's always his arm always lowers down to be as though it's jerking.
Speaker 1: I mean he does have an open like fist circle hand, you know the motion, and it is in front of his crotch. I'm not going to deny that. But these all come with a biography. And let me tell you a little bit about this doll. Okay, this vessel okay, is a doll, thank you? Is a male sex demon or an incubus, and will come to his owner when called to do so, or often comes in whimsical dreams when placed next to your bed. His personality is very friendly and playful. He loves an adventure and doing fun things with his keeper. He will come to you in dreams night after night where you two share fun adventures of his making. He is housed in this attractive, muscular male pirate doll, which personifies him and his attributes. His preference is women. His name and instructions on calling him are included. View the picks, especially look into his eyes to see if you connect with his sultry, cool, suave, playful, cheeky energy as often it can be seen and felt through photos, especially to the right person. Is he calling you okay?
Speaker 2: I will say something that's going on with his eyes where I do feel something?
Speaker 1: Ah?
Speaker 2: And do you feel a gaze?
Speaker 1: Well one hundred and seventy five dollars, I will say his preference is women. I have the way that that's written to me. It just means that's what he prefers.
Speaker 2: But yeah, he definitely I think is probably a hole, a whole type of guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, just get a wig, go three year old UCB stuff, find a wig.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so it's like I guess they're saying, like you put him near your bed and then you have dreams that he has sucks with you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, pretty much. Yeah, I think you got it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, in so many words.
Speaker 1: I think you got it. So one hundred and seventy five dollars that's.
Speaker 2: Quite a bit. So do people make a lot of money off of selling these dolls?
Speaker 1: It would seem. I mean, there's so many of them. I certainly give these people a platform and just kind of keep this thing going.
Speaker 2: Oh, they should absolutely give you a cut.
Speaker 1: Of course they should. Or I should just get into this business and start selling you know, Captain Jack Sparrowdell's.
Speaker 2: What do you think? I mean? Part of me is like this is some guy somewhere who has all these action figures. It's just also fun to me, like him, this doll is standing in front of this backdrop, like just writing these stories like and making a bunch of money, like.
Speaker 1: You know what me And like I will say, the cropping of this picture, like it's cropped so tightly in a way that like, yeah, you only do that if you're trying to hide something. And so I'm very curious what totally is being kept out of this picture.
Speaker 2: I do feel his eyes, but they're looking kind of away from me over my shoulder of course, right, but I'm quite drawn to it.
Speaker 1: Well, one hundred and seventy five dollars bad.
Speaker 2: I'm not going to buy it only because, like I'm not going to chase any more straight boys. But I do think he's cute.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he is cute. Well, anyway, can I play you some ghost voices?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's time for EVP.
Speaker 1: Or ev Please. Have you ever heard the term EVP executive? I mean totally, but yeah, it can also mean, I mean more professionally electronic voice phenomena okay, okay, which is what they call anytime a ghost is speaking and recorded. So you know, people can record these from any recording device really, but ghost hunter types will go out looking for ghosts and they'll record them speaking and then they put it on YouTube. And what I do is I have two of them for you today. Okay, I'm going to play them one at a time. I want you to tell me what you hear, and then I'll give you an ABCD one of them being the correct answer of what the ghost hunter believes it's saying. Okay, this first one is from a YouTube account called Philly ghost Hunt, and it is at the Holy Cross Cemetery in Yeden, Pennsylvania. What is this ghost saying?
Speaker 2: There's like a yelling, a screaming.
Speaker 1: Okay, so there's definitely like a condor or some kind of bird squawking in the background.
Speaker 2: Oh, I thought the bird squawking was the ghost talking.
Speaker 1: Now that's not the ghost talking. There's another voice. Okay, wait, let me hear it again.
Speaker 2: I can't hear a voice, I know, can you?
Speaker 1: Well, I can when you tell me that there's a voice and this is what it said. Oh but okay, so let me give you some options and then we'll listen again. Did they think it was a oh yes, sis, B that man is sick, C I want to sing? Or D yes I am sis. Maybe it was a cis gender person that wanted to know. Okay, it's one of those. Let me put it. So it's the dad.
Speaker 2: You've wit one more time. I have really bad hearing. I can't hear anything.
Speaker 1: No, it's not no, it's not you. It's not you. This is a hard one. Well, do you have a guess out of those?
Speaker 2: I think that man is sick.
Speaker 1: That is what they thought had said. Now that I know it says that man is sick, I can like kind of hear it.
Speaker 2: Okay, try one more time, that man is sick.
Speaker 1: Now one more time. Okay, here we go.
Speaker 2: I don't hear anything.
Speaker 1: It's probably a bird. Well they were at the grave site of the serial killer. Uh h h Holmes. So that's what they why they believed the ghosts said that man is sick.
Speaker 2: But were they sis?
Speaker 1: But just so you know, I am sis. Okay, here's another one. This is from sc p R a I on YouTube, also known as the South Carolina Paranormal Research and Investigations. This was at Heath Springs, which is in South Carolina. What is it saying?
Speaker 2: Okay, that's not funny.
Speaker 1: There's a little bit of boom boom banging, but yeah, there is a voice.
Speaker 2: I thought I said, that's not funny.
Speaker 1: I mean, yeah, it does sound a lot like that.
Speaker 2: At one of my comedy shows. There's one Pat Reagan's Dynasty Typewriter hour long comedy shows.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's just a review. Okay, Well here's some options. Is it A?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: So fucking what? B you're so fun c that's so funny?
Speaker 2: Huh?
Speaker 1: Or d hey, what are we? How maybe it's kind of like what are we? You and I to each other? Okay, let's play it again. I mean, it's totally that's so funny.
Speaker 2: That's so funny, or for some reason I'm hearing that's not funny.
Speaker 1: But well see, but that's what I hear every time someone tells me that's not funny. I'm like, that's so funny. Oh, thank you.
Speaker 2: I guess that's so funny.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's definitely that's and funny. But we don't know how exactly this ghost feels.
Speaker 2: About this comedy routine that it is watching routine.
Speaker 1: I love that. All right, let's do one more thing. Since we're getting to know you and all your beliefs and thoughts on all these things, I'm just gonna give you a couple more little topics, and I'm just wondering if you have any thoughts or maybe a story or or anything. We'll just see what happens. Okay, what do you think of like deja vu or synchronicities, like things that happen. Do you read into it? Are you like, oh my god, it's a sign.
Speaker 2: I do have quite a relationship with deja vu? Where I get it a lot, and I think about it a lot, and I'm like, what does this mean? I honestly, what I usually think about it is that it speaks about the nonlinear nature of time that we are experiencing linearly. You know, everything's happening all at once. There is no linear time. But like we our brains only can experience time in a linear way, so we think one thing happens after the other thing and all this stuff, but actually everything's always happening, and there's some kind of slight little hiccup in that when all this kind of brains realizing like wait, no, that's not true, Like this is all happening at once, you know what I mean? Like that kind of thing is where I usually go with deja vu.
Speaker 1: This is the worst question ever to ask someone on the spot. But can you think of any time, like a specific time that this has happened to you?
Speaker 2: Deju is a classic one of those things where it's like you never remember when it was right. But I do have like profound moments of it. I'm sure I'll think of them like right after we finished, but I can't think of one right now.
Speaker 1: No, It's okay, what do you think of curses. Do you think that that's like a thing people can get cursed, put a curse on someone that cursed.
Speaker 2: I don't you know. When I was in like fourth grade, I went to this small Catholic elementary school where it was like all nuns teaching and stuff or not on nuns, but there were nuns teaching, and there was like a more alt girl in our grade, and she got her hands on like a book of Witchka, and so she started kind of a coven with like the four oldest girls in my grade. There was this little corner, like this kind of pocket of fence where it was like a little corner you couldn't really see, and that's where they would kind of meet up at recess to do their spells and curses. So I would sit around it and just listen to what they were doing. It's just out of curiosity because I found it quite interesting. And they were always doing, you know, these curses on these boys, and I did think to myself, like I very like pay attention and notice if these things come true, and they never did, so I was kind of like, well, maybe it's not real. But they were only like ten, so maybe they weren't.
Speaker 1: Doing it right, Yeah, that could be.
Speaker 2: And sometimes the spells would call for I even noticed at the moment, like I would hear them sitting like, well we don't have that, like let's just use this berry from this tree, and I was like, well that could scrub the whole it curs. So that was not only like attempt out a curse I've ever witnessed. I don't. I don't think I believe in curses.
Speaker 1: Do you think that they put a curse on you to make you lose things?
Speaker 2: Maybe because that Chris would really have that would be truly proof that crises are real?
Speaker 1: Did they ever get in trouble?
Speaker 2: So it was a huge scandal. I bet what happened was teachers got wind. It was actually quite literary because like teachers got wind that there was a group of girls in the fifth grade doing what and it was either for their fourth actually it might have been fully seventh grade. I don't remember, because the school was the first grade to eighth grade, so they all kind of melt together. But what I do remember is that like it was taken very seriously because it was like a Catholic school and it was taken as like an affront to Jesus Christ, of course, and so girls started getting called down to the office to be questioned, and it was like literally like an active witch hunt. We all went I had to go down to the gym and like stand on this line, and the principal like paced up and down the line and was like, whoever is doing this is like spinning in the face of God and of Jesus Christ. And it was like so serious. And then they found the witches and they got suspended, but like there was four of them and then but it was a kind of a five person friend group. But one of the girls like wasn't one of the witches. Just because she was friends, she literally got like associated with them, and she even got suspended and they ought to pack their bags and she was sobbing crying, and I just always remember like she was like leaving the room with her backpack and she turned into screamed at the whole class and even the teacher.
Speaker 1: And she was like, I am not a witch.
Speaker 2: But it was so funny. It was so funny because it was so real.
Speaker 1: She was just an ally to the way, Now, have you kept up with any of them?
Speaker 2: No, actually one of them, like I wasn't in office, actually the falsely accused witch. We both worked briefly at True TV in like two thousand and fourteen, and like I would see her in the coffee room.
Speaker 1: Was she practicing?
Speaker 2: I think she was practicing.
Speaker 1: No, she was gathered around the coffee pot like it was.
Speaker 2: Like a cauldron, double double toilet in trouble.
Speaker 1: Okay, that was actually an unexpected, amazing story. Let's just do one more. What do you think of past lives.
Speaker 2: I do believe in past lives, and that's also sometimes where I go with deja vu. But I mainly believe in past lives because, like I do generally meet generally women, like I'll meet certain women and it just feels like I've known them forever in this way where I'm like, certainly there's this instant familiarity, like is so different than when I'm meeting a new person. And so for that reason, I always believe those people I knew in like past lives and stuff.
Speaker 1: See, but what I've gathered from the first time I met you, I was like, oh, we're just jumping right in. Yeah, you were just like let's just talk about everything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but maybe we were past lives. I do have well because I can be so socially uncomfortable and I can be so hesitant with new people, except for sometimes I'm not and I always talk up to like some kind of past life knowledge.
Speaker 1: Interesting. But do you have any idea of what you were or anything?
Speaker 2: No, I'm almost certain I was like female and like an eccentric in some way, and probably like that. I don't know more than that. I've never gone to like a place and gotten told. But I think or like literally like a woman in like a small provincial town who is very into gossip, I could see myself having been Oh.
Speaker 1: Fun, Yeah, just imagine like before the Internet and stuff like, but like way back when, like gossip probably really would get out of hand because it's like we got nothing. We don't even have magazines. Hey guess what?
Speaker 2: And and Jane Austin laughed all the way to the bank with it.
Speaker 1: Thank you. Someone needed to say that. Yeah, well, pat this has been lovely. You definitely have an open mind to all this and and it's fun to ponder with you.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much for oz Tell people where you want them to find you. You can find me on Instagram at pat Reeg's p A t or E egs, and you can listen to podcast Seek Treatment with Cam Pat that Raz has an episode coming out very soon on.
Speaker 1: We talk about dating, boys, sex, fucking, dating and love.
Speaker 2: It's extensive aout boy sexalt in love. But depending on where we are in our journeys, sometimes it's about what we eat for lunch.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, thank you, thank you so much, Thank you so much to Pat Reagan. Hey, I'd love to see you in person when I do some stand up comedy. Going on a little bit of a tour this year, So go to my Instagram at Roz Hernandez and click on the link of my bio for some dates and keep following me for some more. I love you all, both living and dead. But if I didn't ask you to haunt me, don't haunt me came back. This has been an exactly right production. Want to share your paranormal experience on the podcast. I read stories out loud and sometimes I'll even call you, So email me at ghosted by Roz at gmail dot com. You can send a DM or voice message to the show's instagram at ghosted by Roz. Give us a follow while you're there, and follow me Roz on Instagram at roz Hernandez and on TikTok and Twitter at It's roz Hernandez. My senior producer is the startling Jiha Lee. Associate producer is the alarming Christina Chamberlain. This episode was mixed and sound designed by the eerie Edson Choi. My guest booker is the petrifying Patrick Kuttner. Additional production support from the hair raising Hannah Kyle Crichton. My theme music is by the spine chilling Brendan Lynch Salomon. Artwork by the Spooky Vanessa Lilac. Photography by the terrifying Elizabeth Karen. Executive produced by the chilling Karen Kilgariff Ooooki, Georgia hard Start, and the frightening Danielle Kramer.