Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong, Joe Getty.
Speaker 2: Armstrong and Jetty and now he Armstrong and Yetty.
Speaker 3: An urgent search in New York City for this man who police say randomly murdered and set fire to an elderly couple who let him into their queen's home to charge his cell phone.
Speaker 2: The nicest neighbors you could ever ask for. That's about the worst story I've ever heard in my life.
Speaker 1: Oh, I'm skipping a lot of the details because it's just too horrible.
Speaker 2: What this guy did to this poor older.
Speaker 1: Couple is unspeakable, medieval, just gut wrenching. One more clip.
Speaker 3: Police say the suspect is Jamel McGriff, an armed and dangerous career criminal out on parole for robbery.
Speaker 1: For the public, the message is clear, do not allow anyone you don't know or who you are not expecting into your home. You know, the message to the public is clear. New York lets career criminals out, over and over and over again.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we Nelly Bowls.
Speaker 1: Earlier in the show, Every murderous lunatic in America gets one free murder because we won't put you in jail for good until you murder somebody.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it should be at least the co message. We let people do bad things over and over and over again, so there's a lot of them out there. So the likelihood something something bad is going to happen to you is risen in recent years.
Speaker 2: That's the message.
Speaker 1: Yeah, which leads fairly comfortably to a discussion about Zorn Mumdani.
Speaker 2: How do you pronounce his name again?
Speaker 1: Do we have that helpful Latitia James from New York at that if it's handy Michael. But William Galston of the Wall Street Journal is one of their opinion writers. He's a longtime professor of public policy, is a Brookings Institution guy. He's I would have definitely describe him as kind of a cerebral moderate Republican as opposed to a bomb checker.
Speaker 2: And he writes about.
Speaker 4: Just year and a half is going to be the mayor, by the way, so might concentrate you on this conversation. This isn't a theoretical he is aside from some like meteor or it turns out he's got somebody buried in his backyard. He is going to be the mayor based on the polls that came out yesterday there Ron Monadni, right, that's wrong anyway.
Speaker 1: So it was about a year and a half ago that he was a member of the New York State of Assembly and he gave the keynote speech at the Democratic Socialists of America's national convention in Chicago, and he emphasized the significance of being part of the DSA. He went on on about we are special because of our organization, and our organization was different because it's of its sincerity, unlike other political group. We mean what we say. We have a socialist politic. Socialism is our theory and DSA is our practice. He'll get hammered the point, Bernie, that the Democratic Socialists of America should be taken at their word. So okay, Galston writes that you know, from FDR on people have you know, called various things socialism. A lot of Democrats are thinking about democracy like the Scandinavian countries with like a really generous safety net, and we've explained why that wouldn't have work in the US. But the DSA, though their official platform, is committed to the to socialism in the classic sense. The textbook sense public ownership of the means of production updated for the information age, and I quote from their platform, our fight is to end capitalist exploitation. In overcoming the old barbaric order of capitalism, the working class will not only liberate itself from its own shackles, but all of humanity from the paris cidic death drive of capitalism.
Speaker 2: Wow, you're you're actually socialists? Okay?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, well yeah and communist it's honest, yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, that is wild.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, oh, how do you look at all the statistics about capitalism and what it's done for the world? Free market is a better term, as you ways, like, yeah, how do you look at all the stats of free market and how many people it's lifted out of poverty and all that sort of stuff, and defy that.
Speaker 2: It's it's one of.
Speaker 1: The riddles of human beings that they fall for the scam of communism over and over again because it sounds good to people who don't understand how it always works. But so to end the exploitation achieve liberation, the DSA calls for the nationalization of railroads, utilities, critical manufacturing technology companies, institutions of monetary policy, insurance, real estate finance, all of it nationalized. And if that wasn't sweeping enough, the DSA calls public ownership of hospitals other healthcare providers.
Speaker 2: It urges government control of food.
Speaker 1: Production with a call to socialize the agriculture system. Wow, Stalin tried that, so did mal Finally, it calls for social ownership of all the media and internet providers.
Speaker 2: So be fair for a moment.
Speaker 4: What would they say when you if someone like you, some belligerent like yourself said, yeah, Stalin tried that, so did Mao, so did lots of other people in other countries where people start, what would their honest response be to that?
Speaker 1: Well, well, and I'll tell you, and I've been hearing it since I was a college kid, they would say they didn't do it right, they made a mistakes.
Speaker 4: So it's that old dodge. It's just nobody's actually ever tried it in an honest way.
Speaker 1: Right, We're going to do it pure socialism slash communism, okay, and we're not going to let our fat cats get too much control, and we're not going to allow people to get rich. We're going to be pure hearted about it, which is hilarious, but.
Speaker 4: We're going to be able to tell from a a single office how many acres of this or that you should plant.
Speaker 2: When how was that going to work? Right? Yeah, I know it's a nightmare.
Speaker 1: And just to reiterate my point in bringing this up is that I don't want you to hear the DSA and think, oh, they want to be slightly more like Denmark and think, you know, that seems to work for the Danes.
Speaker 2: What's so bad about the DSA. I'm going to go on.
Speaker 1: They don't stop with control of the economy to liberate society. They demand that the US work toward collapsing the criminal justice system. Among other measures, this means defunding the police, freeing all prisoners and other incarcerated people from involuntary confinement. This is their words, friends, not mine, theirs, ending policing of black and brown neighborhoods.
Speaker 2: What do you black folks think of that idea?
Speaker 1: Disarming all law enforcement officers and repealing any local ordinance that criminalizes people involved in the sex and drug trades. And there's more. They weigh in on a host of social and cultural issues. It's immigration, plant calls for the demilitarization of the border, and an end to all immigration detention and deportation. Also the abolition of the US Immigration Customs Enforcement, an immediate unconditional amnesty for all immigrants regardless of legal status, so wide, open.
Speaker 2: Border, and one hundred percent amnesty.
Speaker 4: So the polar is referencing that shows that Mam Daanami, with those views is going to be the mayor of New York.
Speaker 2: Came out yesterday.
Speaker 4: He's leading Andrew Cuomo, who shouldn't be allowed to be anything ever again forty six twenty four, wow, twenty points ahead. And then when you break it down, it's so interesting. Even a third of old people prefer mam Dami. I mean, he's running away with the young and stupid. You can give them a pass, I guess because they went to college and their college professors told them all this stuff was a good idea. But if you're old, if you're over six, you've been around, you should know better. A third of them support him.
Speaker 2: You're an idiot. You are an idiot.
Speaker 4: The more education you have, the more likely you are to support mum Dami. No degree whatsoever, thirty percent, he would still win, but you bachelor's degree are more at sixty percent or better.
Speaker 2: In climbs as you go up. That is really troubling.
Speaker 4: And then Manhattan, where you got all these rich, smart people in theory living in New York surrounded by reality. Almost sixty percent of Manhattanite support mum dami.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Good. So the idea that.
Speaker 1: The more educated you are, quote unquote, the more you support the guy. Excuse me, I would point out, and I could support this idea all day long. But when you hear educated, think indoctrinated, because, as I've said, like in most programs in universities right now, they're there to indoctrinate you. You might learn a little accounting while you're there, although like accounting programs are more you know, nuts and bolts, like engineering, But in any of the liberal arts fields, you're there to be indoctrinated, and they might teach you some political science, for instance. So yeah, the more indoctrinated the you are, the more you support Mundani.
Speaker 2: I get that. A couple more things.
Speaker 1: Their housing policy features universal rent control, universal all rents decided by the government.
Speaker 2: On health ed ah, okay, go ahead.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well go ahead, if you want put on healthcare. It says miners should be able to obtain gender affirming care without parental consent, and advocate such treatments, including hormone replacement therapy and surgery for all prisoners who request it. So all children and all prisoners.
Speaker 4: So where do you start. So your economic policies have been tried and failed over and over again, But then again, two hundreds.
Speaker 1: Of million people have died. I mean, it's not like it was mildly inconvenient and the trains ran late.
Speaker 4: But you add into that you think little kids should get to decide for themselves. I think I'm a boy, and then the doctors go to operating on them without the parents knowing, and the taxpayers pay for it. That's what makes sense to you, you freaking nut jobs.
Speaker 1: In my final note, and I'll encapsulate this, we haven't even touched on their foreign and defense policies. Complete disarmament of the United States, ending all military aid to any allies, withdrawing from NATO. We should harshly condemn Israel, but normalize relationships with Cuba, Iran, Venezuela and other countries targeted for resisting US imperialism.
Speaker 2: So let's go big picture politics on this.
Speaker 4: And the same guy Joe As quoting Bill Galston, rights this because this is what's gonna happen. If I'm a regular Democrat. I hate the idea the mom Dammi's gonna win. This is what Bill Galston rights and correct. If he's elected mayor, as seems likely, he will become a leading voice in the Democratic Party and will shape public perceptions of the party's identity. You know how it was. Nancy Pelosi was the face of the Democratic Party for so long.
Speaker 2: And she wasn't within ten miles.
Speaker 4: As a face of San Francisco as as crazy as this guy is.
Speaker 2: Oh no, Ronald Reagan is not even close.
Speaker 4: So regular Americans across the country are going to see the Democratic Party and see this guy's face. Democrats who endorse his candidacy are sending a message there's room in the party for members of an organization many of whose policies the electric the electorate rejected wholeheartedly in twenty twenty four, and whose commitment to socialism is shared by only a minority of the American people. Socialism polls very poorly, always has. Thank God, these people are radical communists in the United States, openly operating and perhaps winning one of the most critical elections in the most important city in America, right, and worth mentioning his I got the nomination. I'm moderating part of his campaign. Right, what he's doing now? Waitley, he's in office and he's won. Oh my god, so crazy. Go ahead, give it a whirl. Knock yourself.
Speaker 2: I believe I'm watching this happen. I don't live in New York, so it ain't gonna work. Tell you that.
Speaker 4: We do have a new richest man in the world, which is kind of big news. The why is the biggest news, among other things to talk about, stay.
Speaker 2: Here, Marv.
Speaker 3: President Joe Biden has decided to build his presidential library in Delaware, where it will compete with Delaware's other biggest attraction, the border with Maryland.
Speaker 4: Well, you know, that's a pretty decent joke from a lefty politician. The Joe Biden Presidential Library will not be well attended. Oh wow, the point we're just talking about socialists, socialist countries.
Speaker 2: This is breaking news.
Speaker 4: Cuba's electrical grid has collapsed, leaving the entire island without power, according to the state run power company.
Speaker 2: So there you go with that.
Speaker 1: Category for a hurricane recently hit Cuba and caused one hundred million dollars worth of improvements.
Speaker 4: I mentioned bone conductive headphones earlier that I'm a big fan of now. And in case you don't know what they are, they're they're like they they lean against the bone right behind your ear, and that's how the sound is transferred.
Speaker 2: I'll just read this.
Speaker 4: They send sound vibration through your bones directly to your inner ear. The ear drum isn't involved, so there are a number of advantages to that from a you know, blasting your ear drum with those little pod things that that I have been using.
Speaker 2: Your ear's crazy. You can hear without ear ear drums. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Your ears stay open, so you can still hear traffic conversations or other sounds around you. That's why runners and cyclists often like them. I like them at the gym.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I bought the Shocks brand, which is what the New York Times wirecutter people recommended as the best one out there, and it's awesome. I like it, so I'll never go back to the buds ever. So just throwing that out there in case you don't dig the buds.
Speaker 1: Wow, you know, yeah, that'd be great to actually be able to have conversations with people at the gym because I see friends regularly. Plus, you know, have your ears open for traffic or whatever if you're on the bike. I love that idea.
Speaker 2: It's weird. Well, they can't the idea of it, but pardon me. They can't fall out of the way they're all built.
Speaker 4: They got a little strap around the back of your neck and then they lean up against the bones behind your They can't fall out. You can shake your head, you can ride your bike, you can run, you can lift weights, you can do whatever.
Speaker 2: Not gonna fall out of yours. That's what I like.
Speaker 4: You can't And they're so light you can't even tell you got them on. We got a text from somebody said, oh, I love them. You guys haven't been on these yet, he said, I leave them on all the time. I think in the future people will probably wear some device like this, he said. I forget them all the time. Asked TSA that I've got them on. I wanted to mention this. Larry Ellison is now the world's richest man. Yeah, he blew past elon Musk yesterday. Because Larry Ellison's company, his tech company, Oracle, had a one hundred and one massive surge one hundred and one billion dollar surgeon one day because of their stellar quarterly results all around their AI cloud stuff. And they've got a whole bunch of different AI stuff that's supposed to be great. It's way beyond me. But in the market went nuts over the results on this stuff. To me, well, there's a couple of things here, But people with lots of money continue to believe there's money to be made in AI.
Speaker 2: Obviously, right, and it can be the gold mine of all gold mine.
Speaker 4: They're not dumb people, these people who are spending billions and billions and billions of dollars and then often making significantly more billions of dollars of if it pans out. So woy keep an eye on this. Apparently he and Elon are really good friends and they're both are big believers in AI and UH and kind of share each other's views of AI, so that that's cool.
Speaker 2: It's not a rivalry. Really.
Speaker 1: Yeah, plenty of really really smart people have been wrong in the past about various bubbles, but I certainly don't know that they are here.
Speaker 2: I just enjoyed.
Speaker 1: I kind of pep on the scenes as Jack was discussing AI cloud services. I nodded like, oh, yes, aidoud, this does must be very very helpful. Oh I don't even I don't know what that is.
Speaker 2: I heard of both of those things, but right, that is pretty funny.
Speaker 1: So Kamala Harris's book, which oh, speaking of really really smart people, I came out like months ago.
Speaker 4: We had excerpts. It's finally coming out or something, and The Atlantic had a bunch of excerpts. Everybody's talking about them. We will talk about them too, Stay.
Speaker 2: Tuned, Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 4: So Kamala Harris is who, Nobody's ever going to read it? Book is coming out eventually. I assume I thought it came out months ago. Remember we had excerpts a while back. How many how many launches?
Speaker 2: Does she? AnyWho?
Speaker 4: The Atlantic has chunks of it and people are reading it and talking about it. Here is a little Lansleon Fox reading from the Kamala Harris book.
Speaker 5: Many people want to spin up a narrative of some big conspiracy at the White House to hide Joe Biden's infirmity. Here's the truth as I lived it. Joe Biden was a smart guy with long experience and deep conviction, able to discharge the duties of president eighty one, Joe got tired. That's when his age showed in physical and verbal stumbles. I don't think it's any surprise that the debate debacle happened right after two back to back trips to Europe and a flight to the West Coast for a Hollywood fundraiser. I don't believe it was incapacity. If I believe that, I would have said so. As loyal as I am to President Biden, I am more loyal.
Speaker 2: To my country.
Speaker 4: You know what I find ridiculous, Well, first of all, she's in a position where she can't obviously say, oh, yeah, I saw him like this all the time, so she's got to pretend she didn't see him that way. But that pushback that Hunter and others have used, he had done back to back trips and this and that, and okay, part of that was a choice. One of the trip that you're talking about, he had an official presidential duty trip, then he had to go to a fundraiser. Well, he didn't have to go to a fundraiser. He chose to go to a fundraiser in the midst of his schedule. So that was a decision he made. And you know what else could happen after a couple of trips and a bunch of other stuff. A major world event could occur where you've got to make a decision, and if you're too tired from the life you live as.
Speaker 2: President, then maybe you shouldn't be president. Too tired of strength sentences together?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, well, and plus there was a week between all of that and the debate.
Speaker 2: So that's just again, it's just covering her ass.
Speaker 4: Here's some other stuff the New York Times picked out, and it's all pretty good. Former Vice presid Kamala Harri said it was a mistake not to question Joe Biden's insistence on running for reelection last year, despite his advanced age. In a new book, she writes that it was recklessness that led her and other Democrats to cede the choice to an individual's ego. You say that now, during all those months of growing panic, should should I have told Joe to consider not running? Perhaps way to take a stand. But after all this time of thinking of it, you're still a I don't know person.
Speaker 1: That's just now she's come out with a strong perhaps for the record.
Speaker 4: Maybe, but the American people had chosen him before. In the same matchup maybe he was right to believe that they would do so. Again, she described herself as being in the worst position to make the case that he should drop out. Obviously, for the vice president you could be accused of of course, you want the guy ahead of you to drop out so you could be president. At the time, she and others extended grace in allowing Joe and Jill the first lady, to make the decision on their own. But now, she wrote, she had come to believe it was a mistake not to speak up. In retrospect, I think it was recklessness. The stakes were simply too high. This wasn't a choice that should have been left to an individual's ego, an individual's ambition. It should have been more than a personal decision.
Speaker 2: That's funny.
Speaker 1: That sounds a lot like what seventy five percent of America was saying at the time.
Speaker 4: Well, the problem, I mean, she has a number of problems with laying this out. Like I said, she can't admit that she saw him in you know, as a daughtering old man a lot, or then she's a bad American. She also can't fully embrace the oh much earlier. We should have all asked him to not run again, because they would have had some sort of primary and you would have not been the nominee guaranteed. Barack Obama and Nancy Pelosi, both it's well known, wanted some sort of primary. Joe Biden kind of ruined it by immediately coming out and endorsing you. Made it very difficult at that point, but nobody wanted you to be the candidate.
Speaker 1: And you know that, right, right, So once again she is just covering her ass, which is the opposite of what she did with Willie Brown.
Speaker 2: Wait what what?
Speaker 4: Okay, we just did the debate part she blah blah, blah, blah blah.
Speaker 2: I wanted to get to this. Oh, this is great.
Speaker 4: Kamala Harris also wrote about feeling undermined by unspecified members of mister Biden's team, but didn't take aim at the former president. However, in recalling an eleven minute speech he made from the Oval office, she wrote that her staff noted that she was mentioned only fleetingly.
Speaker 2: In the eighth minute.
Speaker 4: She lamented that throughout her time in office, mister Biden's team didn't defend her against right wing attacks about her competence, including a drumbeat of conservative commentary about her laugh nor pushback on media stories that she had that she said reported unfair and inaccurate accounts of my time as vice president. Okay, she accused the White House aids of helping fuel negative rumors.
Speaker 1: You know, it's funny. You should mention the New York Times mentioning that speech thing. That was a segment of it that I wanted to read to you real quick. So she's talking about she'd been to Puerto Rico blah blah blah, that she'd after witness the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina.
Speaker 2: So oh, okay.
Speaker 1: So this is in Houston, meeting with the emergency management staff and get a briefing on recovering recovery efforts after the devastation of Hurricane Barrel that was the one that had the big storm surge and economic damage in the billions. So she talks about it was heartbreaking to see the loss blah blah blah, it was impossible, inspiring to talk to the first responders who ran toward danger, sometimes helping strangers even as their own homes were at risk. And then there were the regular people who stepped up to help whichever way they could, collecting toiletries, making sandwiches, organizing, clothing drives. In my life, I've seen over and over again that it is the most is often the people with the.
Speaker 2: Least who give the most.
Speaker 1: She as I shook hands and thanked the police and emergency workers one by one in each.
Speaker 2: I saw a hero, etc.
Speaker 4: Etc.
Speaker 1: Then somebody shouted a question about the speech this evening. It was just after five, and I waited for it. It was a good speech, but as my staff pointed out, oh h, drawing on the history of the president. As my staff pointed out, it was almost nine minutes into the eleven minute address before he mentioned me, I want to thank our great Vice President Kamala Harris. She has experienced, she's tough, she's capable, she's been an incredible partner to me, the leader.
Speaker 2: For our country. And that was it. I'm a loyal person, but perhaps was I too loyal? Sweetheart?
Speaker 1: You just spent two paragraphs explaining that what you did was shook hands with a bunch of cops and firefighters and admired the local people and how generous they are.
Speaker 2: You didn't do jackass.
Speaker 1: And I want to be able to say the S word, because it would be funnier and better.
Speaker 4: You didn't do.
Speaker 2: What did you want the president.
Speaker 1: To say about you and our brain vice president who shook twenty seven different hands today and said thank you for what you do bravely.
Speaker 2: In the face of the damage.
Speaker 4: Well, first of all, this blaming others for her failure. I mean, if she does any place in the book say she could have performed better, it hasn't been exposed yet. Everything is somebody else's fault, the media's fault, the Republican's fault, Biden's people's fault, all that sort of stuff. I mean, she is so delusional about her failed campaign. Delusional. That's why I hope she runs. I feel like she just needs another slapping down. Before I didn't think I thought she had been humbled enough, humiliated enough, But apparently she wasn't. She lost and thinks it's other people's fault. She doesn't recognize that you never did a hard interview with a real news organization. You answered questions incredibly poorly a number of time times. You know what's different between you and Joe Biden.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I mean, when you'd had months to think about it. It's just embarrassing your performance and you just haven't recognized that yet. But I really like the the Biden team did not defend me against right wing attacks on my competence. You know why, because they thought you were incompetent too. That's all well, that's all well known.
Speaker 1: They had a huge comms team, they had Karen Karine Jean Pierre briefing in the press room every day, but getting anything positive said about my work or any defense against the untrue attacks was almost impossible.
Speaker 2: What a whiny, bitchy book this sounds like it is.
Speaker 4: Has anybody ever written a political narrative like this, one of these memoirs where they are all blaming someone else like this, usually because everybody seems to think she's is reporting that she's seriously considering running for president, that's why she decided not to run for governor.
Speaker 2: She's considering running for president, And instead.
Speaker 4: Of putting out a book that is all about, you know, looking forward and laying out her vision for the future and hoping like for a redo as a presidential candidate, it's all blaming all the people that held me back. I also liked the quotes about I had a special pressure on me as the first female vice president. Yeah, but what world do you live in where you think that exists. Come on, you know, of course.
Speaker 2: You identity politics people. Maybe you believe.
Speaker 1: That nobody felt any differently about you because you're a woman vice president.
Speaker 2: You just sucked. Yeah, she man.
Speaker 1: There's example after example of her blaming the president and his staff for not supporting her or just actively undermining her.
Speaker 4: I'll tell you what's going to happen over the next forty eight hours or weeks. There's going to be pushback from a lot of those people in the Biden White House who didn't like her to start with and really don't like her bad mouthing them. Yeah, you're gonna hear leaks of things she did. Guaranteed by tomorrow, there'll be some leak in some story about something that she.
Speaker 2: Michael uses his drinking hand motions.
Speaker 4: I don't know about that, but there's gonna be some pushback from these people who don't like being called out in a book and The Atlantic and The New York Times as a as being on the wrong side of this.
Speaker 2: So somebody's gonna leak commenced she is.
Speaker 4: I thought she was a weak act before she is really a weak act to put out this book.
Speaker 2: The media was against the media was against you.
Speaker 4: Are you kidding me? Nobody has ever been more propped up ever in the history of running for president by the media than you. And the media was against you. Give me a break, and the Biden team was disloyal to you. The only reason you were the nominee is because he pushed that for None of the other heavyweights in the party, Nancy and Brock and others fought you should.
Speaker 2: Be the nominee at all. How do you not know that? Well, yeah, she says that.
Speaker 1: Was one of the corrosive narratives that the White House didn't push back on, that she was some sort of dei higher.
Speaker 4: Because you were, because you were a He promised that he would hire a black woman to be as vice president, which is the definition of a dei higher. You named the gender and the race before you even picked the person.
Speaker 1: Right, Wow, this is funny. This is everything I dreamed it would be.
Speaker 4: She might be Remember the great Sid Rosen. We had Rosenberg Rosen rosenbil Rosenberg Rosenberg.
Speaker 2: He's a big New York guy.
Speaker 4: We had him on our show at the at the convention and he said, she's stupid, Bengo.
Speaker 1: What's the same thing my friends in a high level law enforcement California had told me Joe, she's a dope. I'd be like, oh, come on now, she's a liberal and I know no, seriously, I've had meetings with her. She's a dope, said, had it nailed from it again.
Speaker 2: She's stupid. And then at some point when we texted me and said do you believe me? Now? Wow, that is something. Yeah, wait to write a book and draw more attention to your problems.
Speaker 4: All right, we'll finish strong next time strong.
Speaker 6: And there were a couple of clues before I walked inside. Firstly, there was no balloon on the mailbox, and uh, and then my mom stops me in the driveway and she says, do you have a gun on you? No, it's not how I normally celebrate a birthday party.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: I'd like to hear that whole thing.
Speaker 1: Charlie about how his family tricked him into an intervention and reminds me how good he was on Two to half Men, which is why he was the highest paid guy in all of television.
Speaker 2: He is hilarious. Yeah, yeah, that is funny.
Speaker 4: First of all, there was no balloon on the mailbox. He gotta do that if you have a birthday party, right right, people might just drive by.
Speaker 2: Right. What was that from? Where was Tarlien? Is that part of the documentary or an interview he did a promoter or whatever, or was.
Speaker 4: He unfallon or somebody? I would like to hear more of that. That sounds charming, Yeah, a slightly serious note. People throw around the idea of being in a revolution all the time, like could just be kind of phone.
Speaker 1: Or it makes him feel brave and scary to say it at my college campus.
Speaker 4: It's like my brother talked about he got to be of a certain age show this but back in the old days, westerns were popular and it was common in a Western TV show a movie to have like a fight in a big bar room where everybody's fighting, like everybody's smashing chair on people and punching each other, like the whole room erupts in a fight. And my brother actually was involved one of those. In Germany. He was in this big what do they call bars in Germany.
Speaker 2: They got a name for him, a beer hall. Beer hall.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he was in a giant beer hall and it turned into one of those everybody he's fighting everybody things, And he said it was awesome for a while. He was at Jerseys smashing people and stuff like that. He said it was fun until somebody smashed me from behind.
Speaker 1: And that that wasn't fun anymore.
Speaker 2: But what was I leading to?
Speaker 4: Oh my idea that everybody thinks a revolution would be fun, but it doesn't always work out, you know, the way you want it, and sometimes you end up to be the people that are chasing people are chasing you.
Speaker 2: All of a sudden, I was watching some of the video.
Speaker 4: From Nepal where they got a revolution going on right now, burning down government buildings, burning down politicians homes. The cops are firing on them, but they're way outmanned and outnumbered by the revolutionaries.
Speaker 2: And of course where this ends up.
Speaker 1: Who knows young unemployed people with no hope equals unrest, violence, craziness, and you know, an elite that's been soaking the population. It's really an interesting story. Nobody knows anything about n Paul, including me, You know me need having read up on what led to this.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 4: I just thought it was interesting that I got kicked off by all these social media posts by the rich young people. The rich kids were bragging about their cars and their trips and their clothes and everything like that, and that was enough. We're poor and hungry and hate the government and think you're all corrupt.
Speaker 2: Screw you. That's the end of that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and they are corrupt, crazy crazy levels of corruption.
Speaker 2: There. Uh wow, Oh.
Speaker 4: If you didn't here, Yesterday's One More Thing podcast. We went big on Charlie Sheen and it was pretty entertaining, though. Uh you find that where you find I don't know. I don't know how you find it. Don't ask me. I'm the wrong person asking.
Speaker 3: Jecky Clark kiss Town, Stop Jack and Joe god go if they don't give candal b beats in my room.
Speaker 2: Here's your host for final thoughts, Joe Getty.
Speaker 1: Let's get a final thought from everybody on the crew. Let's start with our technical director, Mike Langelow. Michael, final thought.
Speaker 7: We're talking about Westerns and everybody fighting each other. That brought back a memory of my favorite memory in high school when I started a food fight in the cafeteria really accidentally.
Speaker 2: Yes, oh, accidentally.
Speaker 7: I threw a grape at me, I threw something back at him, and then another kid joined in, and pretty soon the entire school was throwing food at each other. Wow, it was great. We all got detention, but nobody cared.
Speaker 4: I've never been involved in something like that. I feel like I've missed out. It's probably not gonna well. I suppose I could end up in an old folks home where this happens. We're all throwing jello at each other.
Speaker 1: Those grapes were kind of the Lexington and Concord of the lunchroom Revolution. Katie Cretene is off Jack. Do you have a final thought for us? I did, and it flitted out of my head. That's what happens when you're old. That's wild. I was ready to talk and then it just disappeared from my Well.
Speaker 2: You're thinking about Lessington quickly, I can do it.
Speaker 4: Kamala Harris's book reminds me everybody should try hard to take good stock of your failures and figure out where you went wrong, and not blame others for your failures.
Speaker 2: Just a mad happing.
Speaker 1: My final thought is a little Kamala related to because I'm continuing to read the excerpts in the Atlanta and one thing that's notable is she absolutely equates having a meeting with doing important things.
Speaker 4: Right, which is common. Yeah, a lot of people do. Yeah, we had a meeting about that. Okay, great, good for you.
Speaker 1: I led the meeting talking about that bravely and didn't get credit.
Speaker 2: That's why there are so many meetings.
Speaker 4: Too many people believe that Armstrong and Getty wrap pick up at other grueling four hour workday.
Speaker 2: So many people to thanks, so little time. Go to Armstrong in getty dot com.
Speaker 1: For the hotlinks, pick up some swag while you're there, an ang hoodie for the fall.
Speaker 2: That would be perfect. Drops a notemail back at Armstrong in getdy dot com. She tomorrow, God bless America. It's over. It is over. It is over. Yeah, it's just complete utter nonsense.
Speaker 3: So let's just dispense with that fundamental, foundationally nonsense.
Speaker 2: That is the climax of foolishness.
Speaker 3: Figure it out or get off the podium.
Speaker 1: Does the athletes would say, we've left it all in the field.
Speaker 4: When it comes on for you to go, you'll have to go.
Speaker 2: I can't, I can't, I can't, I can't. I can't. I can't. I can't I can't. So which one did I say? How many times? Just the Armstrong and Getty