Speaker 1: Some new names enter the trade winds. Let's play ball. Welcome in everybody to Fantasy pros. This is the Fantasy Baseball Podcast. I almost screwed up this. Oh my goodness, gracious. Welcome in everybody to Fantasy pros. This is the Fantasy Baseball Podcast. This is Leading Off, brought to you by bet MGM, the King of sports books. It is me, Joey p Joe Pie's appear with me. Today is the welshy. I'm gone one day. I take one day off, and this is what happens my brain.
Speaker 2: You're like, this is the baseball podcast with me and Derek Brown and Matthew Friedman, and today we're talking hockey.
Speaker 1: Yes it's all over the place, but yes, we are happy to be back. I want to thank the Welsh and Bogwin for holding down the fort for me yesterday and and doing such wonderful show here in my absence. Also, I don't know what happened on Monday. I posted the show before I left, and I don't know what went on there. Once again, the brain is mush. This is what happens in late July early August when I'm doing the confluence of events. But Welsh There was some great baseball last night, including an incredible Mets Yankees game that was very entertaining to watch. The stadium was rocking, it was summertime in the city. It was a very enjoyable evening, more so because the Mets actually won, which is something I'm not used to all the time. So this was fun. But would you guys talk about yesterday? You guys hang out have fun without dad, and.
Speaker 2: You're like, did you talk about me? Did you guys talk about some stuff? You know, we had some fun yesterday, But I was expecting an open up of a wrestling update on how it was. This was the first show without Vince McMahon. This is your you love this stuff? I mean, was it amazing? Was there anything incredible that happened? It was, well, it was a It was a very good show.
Speaker 1: First of all, we did get some you know, we get the Roman reigns, we got the bloodline, the whole thing. We did get Ronda Rowsey showing up for a little cameo. Two, we got a return of Ria Ripley, which was super fun. But the energy in the building was awesome. It felt like everybody was just kind of free. It felt like the performers were a little bit more free potentially. They just there was something loose and fun and everybody was just.
Speaker 2: Like, Yay, we finally wanted this for years wrestling or Edwin's DZ Edwin Diaz's entrance.
Speaker 1: Edwin is pretty amazing. The trumpets are are pretty fantastic. I'm not gonna lie, but the I've been in that building for two very important Triple H moments. I was there for the first time he is running the show, so to speak. And I was also there in two thousand and two when he returned and wore the Canadian tuxedo all denim outfit, which was one again, to this day, the longest loudest crowd I've ever been a part of anywhere, for any event, sporting or otherwise. It was wild. The energy in the building. I get goosebumps just talking about it was an amazing thing. So I'm Triple H's good luck charm at the end of the day, and hopefully we were a good luck charm here for you guys. We're getting closer to the trade deadline. We got a lot of fantacy to talk about, a lot of wagering to talk about. So let's get to it. A lot of headlines today. Let's start with the Nationals saying that their general manager are saying they're not going to dilute the trade for Juan Sodo by worrying about bad contracts. So this is the right answer to give. But I don't believe him Welsh is that Okay?
Speaker 2: Now you cannot believe it. This is I'm every day I'm more infatuated with this entire process. Funny enough, today, most likely you would hope Patrick Corbyn's last start as a National as he's going to be going today. But yesterday we were talking about this report that Jim Bowden put out that this was going to be the biggest haul in the history of the jibball, that this would be a historic trade, and I've been sitting on like what does that look like? And the Patrick Corbyn stuff always is in the back of my head that I'm like, I don't know how, like are we really gonna look at this? And I'd asked Bogs yesterday and I guess I'd asked you the same thing, like what does the most historic trade in baseball history look like? And can Patrick corbyan be a part of that? Because I feel like he will delude it. This is the right thing to say. I just am not sure what speak. I don't know what left is right, up is down at this point with the trade market and one.
Speaker 1: So though it's it's look for anybody who says, oh, we spend too much time on this, it's not every day that the twenty four year old best player in baseball gets traded. I mean, this is this is huge. And look the people are kicking the tires on Otani. You've heard J. D. Martinez rumors. You've heard a lot, a lot of stuff going on.
Speaker 2: I do not believe the Otani ones. I gotta tell you, boy, like I have I saw.
Speaker 1: I believe people have asked and then they've been hung up upon.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well but that was the early discussion. There was a report, I think yesterday or Monday that was like the Mets and Angels have had discussions, and it's like, if you mean by discussions, the Mets called and the Angels like listened and thenung up. That's about what I believe. I just don't believe there's any way they would entertain moving Otani.
Speaker 1: All right, let's talk about Chad Pinder launching a Grand Slam last night, so loud on him. A nice home run for Louis Hirius of the Milwaukee Brewers, as well as Clevenger going seven strong innings. No decision for Clevenger, but still this is a positive step in the right direction. I think. Well, yeah, well that's the other thing too, is now that bullpen's getting a little scary. So let's talk about from a fancy perspective. Give that to me. Do you think that Rogers holds onto this job? You think he gets replaced here at the trade deadline he moves into the eighth inning role.
Speaker 2: Well, one of the things I actually okay, so this is a funny thing. I haven't even talked to fantasy pros about this, and maybe I will about doing an article, well, because I'm working on something I might do on air. But I was going through some fabricated trade ideas, like stuff we haven't heard, even connecting players with teams that I haven't heard, and I was going through trade scenarios and it's just funny that you mentioned that, because one of my scenarios is the San Diego Padres picking up a really good reliever, a guy that could theoretically come in and close or if anything, just give them more support, because you know, at the end of the day, if the Padres can't make the big trade happen, if they can't make.
Speaker 1: Well now with the Mackenzie Gore injury, that is a big wrinkle in them landing soda opinion. That is a huge wrinkle into this whole thing. This was bad, bad, bad timing, and if.
Speaker 2: They can't make it happen, you know they're going to have to turn the Plan B, and Plan B might be trying to acquire just other multiple pieces, not letting this opportunity slip by them. Now that you've got Tatis coming back, you've had a really good closer, you've had some of your pictures actually out there, Cleb and Snell playing well. If you can get everybody healthy, your opportunity is right now. And that's one of the things I have going on because I don't think there's any assurances. I don't think they're as good as he's played all year. I don't think that they would weather three weeks of just garbage to or to lose any wins. So yeah, so the long answer is sure, I don't think that you know, he could I think he could be replaced in that role. If given the proper replacement.
Speaker 1: I would be very concerned right now if you had Rodgers on a fantasy team that he is going to hold that job. The guy that I would want is the guy from Detroit. I think Sodo has been excellent, and Detroit's already told you everybody's available. Just make us an offer. We are selling. What a surprise. Continuing on the Yankees and White Tucks are showing interest in Jose Kintana of the Pirates. I understand the flexibility. That is not a great move. I mean for the Yankees, he would be a bullpen guy because they're a little thin right now after that Michael King injury, so I get that, and a lefty out of there would be helpful. But again, that's nothing move the Yankees need to make that's going to be a huge impact. Machado tweaked his ankle apparently a little bit yesterday, so we'll keep a close eye on that. Springer hits a seventh career Grand Slam Spencer Striider, another strong outing for him, another good day for Matt Olsen at the plate, and another win for the Braves, which seems like we are just in a time loop. Here. All they do is win games. Speaking of braves, the son of Andrew Jones, Drew Jones alord, he is hurt. So oh, this was one of the stranger things. So he was having a bullpen session now and he now he's got a shoulder surgery or ahead of him. It looks like, I don't know what's going on, but wow, happened? How did we get here?
Speaker 2: He took BP and the only thing I'm not clear on is he took VP with the Diamondbacks and then on Monday because this man, this kills me because obviously everyone else, I'm a Diamondbacks fan. I live out here in Arizona. My week has been has been literally littered in figuring out when Drew was going to be there and I was going to be out at the Diamondbacks watching him play practice whatever it was. And what I feel like I've garnered is Monday, he was taking BP and it was They said it was like the second to last swing he felt something. He felt tightness in his arm. Didn't they said, it didn't take him to his knees. And now the fear is the early indications, the fear is is this is going to take him out through spring training and there should be a surgery required. But today he's going to see a local team doctor and they'll have that determination. If he doesn't have surgery or they wait, He'll probably stay with the Diamondbacks and I'll probably try to go over there if he does have surgery. Similar to Jordan Lawler, I mean, similar to Corbin Carroll, he would probably go home for a bit, come back maybe in a couple months, maybe come back, hang around for instructs. But it's a brutal blow. It's weird, and I got it shared to me no less than ten times between text and DMS and instant messaging all that.
Speaker 1: Get it everybody, Thanks Guyanks, Thanks thanks.
Speaker 2: The one thing I have to be happy for right now.
Speaker 1: No, ye't be happy. No, no happiness there. Speaking of the Tigers too early hours, talking about Sodo barely drink Schooble is available too. Now. This is a picture I did not anticipate in this story being on the market, but I think a picture that would be very intriguing to many many teams. I like that the Tigers are kind of jumping in here. They still got a long way to go now, Sally for the Tigers. A lot of these other pitching prospects have not developed as they hoped they would. So, uh, Schooble going to a contender? What would that do to his fantasy value? Potentially?
Speaker 2: In your opinion, they can boost it theoretical boost pinning where you go. You know who instantly jumped to my mind was the Seattle Mariners. The Seattle Mariners.
Speaker 1: Would be that would be a good bet for them.
Speaker 2: Because the thing that that he's got going on is just young, controllable. You know, he's he's got a good contract for years. They're going to be able to control him really well. And it seems gonna have to pay up for him. Does school school fits? I guess a lot of anybody, But who would be willing to maybe even overpay in this market? I do think the Mariners are going to struggle competing to get some of the high end pitchers. So maybe this is one of the situations where you know, they just jump in. Maybe they're throwing out a guy like I mean, they don't need a Kilnick and Torkles in together. But you know, maybe Newelvie.
Speaker 1: Well, I was just going to ask you, I mean, if you're if you're the Tigers. Does Kallenick for Schooble make sense for you? Like that? That's almost a deal that I kind of get, Like, you're still trying to build young position players, maybe a buy a lot.
Speaker 2: Are you saying for the Tigers?
Speaker 1: For everybody? No? I mean it certainly makes sense for the Seattle, But does it make sense for the Tigers at this point? If you're gonna move Schooble, you know, what are you gonna get for him necessarily? And do you want more position players or do you want pitchers? I don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just don't think the Tigers would do that move straight up for Kelnick. There's too many warts in his game right now, and scooball has shown just huge signs of life all year and big, big strikeouts. I mean, at the end of the day, when you have a young, controllable, success successful ish pitcher, they're gonna cost an arm in a leg and I think it would just cost more. I mean, the Tigers might would be better set maybe looking at a guy like Neelvie Marte in that, you know, maybe a couple other pieces instead of a guy like Kelnick. But I don't know. I think Mayer said it in here, highly doubt Schooble goes anywhere. I kind of agree. I think those are the hardest guys to trade is guys that aren't like pushing up against arbitration. They're young, they're controllable. I keep saying that, but it's just like, why would the Tigers do it unless they get a haul? And I don't see the big contenders pushing on a big haul for a guy like that, where maybe it would be a team like the Mariners who are gonna have, you know, issues, maybe getting huge, big market guys coming.
Speaker 1: If the Mariners got Schoogled, that would be a big win for them and a win for Schoobol's value. I think rest of season that injury lists here. Jad Martinez with the back injury was back in on the DH spot on Tuesday, so that's good for Nando Tatis Junior was taking full VP on the field. That's a positive. Unfortunately, McKenzie gore though, goes to the fifteen day DL with the elbow injury. Oh my goodness, here we go. So we've had all these stages of McKinsey Gore. We started off where welshes like, don't go anywhere near this guy to bitch, bitcher all these things, right, and then McKinsey Gore was awesome for a while. Then he started to show a little bit more of a human side, and now he's injured. So where do we stand here with the long term value of Mackenzie Gore at this stage?
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're we're in the denial phase. I think that's where we are on the face of brief where I mean, where do we go as fantasy owners.
Speaker 1: Let's say you've got him in a dynasty keeper league right now, I know you're just pretty much holding on to him. You've missed your window to get rid of him if you wanted to when he was pitching out of this world for a few months. But at this point, I mean, whenever you see elbow, that feels like I'm twite some time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm terrified of the results for Gore because.
Speaker 1: This could be I mean, this kills the Sodo deal for them, I think personally, personally, I think I think he's a lynchpin of that.
Speaker 2: But see here's what I would throw out though, Does that mean because of the injury, does it actually mean that he was not being moved? I think it would just be a medical situation and it would have to be like.
Speaker 1: No team.
Speaker 2: I don't think.
Speaker 1: I don't think you the Nationals cannot say hey, yeah, we're taking on this. We're gonna take c. J. Abrams, who's a nice prospect, he's not tattoos, but we're gonna take him and a guy who's gonna be have Tommy John in the year. Uh yeah, I think that's not.
Speaker 2: Going to be competing. They're not going to be competing. I don't know. It all depends on their evaluation of him. I still struggle. Like I said, everything I saw from him, he looked like a reliever to me. He got hit hard and then this year he was so good on the first half of the year, struggled a bit, got put into kind of that like pseudo reliefy type of role. So I don't know. I think you probably hold in dynasty, especially to see the results of this. I'm a little bit worried. I do think the Potteris have moved off. They were kind of my favorite, and in my scenario of building trades that I'm not seeing, I don't have Soto go into the Padres in that one, So it sucks for them. And I don't think I don't think there's any other motivation to move Abrams in any type of deal, even if they wanted to go, you know, beat around the bush on like Mantas or Castillo. I just don't think trading Abrams makes sense.
Speaker 1: Well, like I said, I think the Padres me personally, the Padres offering Mackenzie Gore Abrams another prospect or too, like that looked like a package. I could get it done. And I just saw it on Twitter MLB dot com with a little picture of of Alvarez from the Mets number one prospect in baseball. M boy, that that's interesting timing.
Speaker 2: You know, Mets have been a little quiet lately, little quiet on the Well, you know what the Mets are doing.
Speaker 1: The Mets are Mets are seeing other girls right now. They're out there like, you know what, that's fine. We're gonnarea. We wanna go see other people. We're gonna see other people. This is the dance. This is what we're doing right now.
Speaker 2: Unfortunately, there's only one soda, there's only one ten in this market. I think the Mets are out there talking to fives and well, what the Mets.
Speaker 1: Are doing is, you know, you remember that stupid show that used to be on v H one with the guy, the pick up artist guy. You know, you're just throwing the nags out there, the negative compliment. That's what the Mets do. The really pretty girl. Yeah I remember that, mister.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well then that would be the Mets being out there be like Soto's all right, he's good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean Otani pitches. He also pitches. Otani. I'm just saying, let's go, let's go that that guy will do anything. Tani's like, bye, he's like that guy. That guy could do anything we asked him to do. So I don't know, you know.
Speaker 2: The only thing though, the more I've thought about it, do the Mets have like when when you talk about generational talent and like you know, this is gonna be the biggest trade in history. Do the Mets have the deal? Do they have that? Like I know it has to sit around Alvarez. This isn't a question, but is that it? Like Brett Bady, Ryan Mauricio, like what else, it's a.
Speaker 1: Great hall prospects. They'll take Corbin too. They will do whatever it takes to get soda. And I think whatever it takes is the right mentality personally. And again, this is not gonna be from my fandom. This is baseball stuff we're talking about here, you know, the whole division stuff. I told you it's nonsense. It doesn't matter. Bobby WIT's hamstring does matter. He's out again yesterday. Look, we were both looking for a big second half from Bobby Witt. What's your concern level here with this hamstring, because this is something that could really hamper him down the stretch in terms of stolen bases, which is a huge part of his fantasy value.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean he was pushing for like a twenty five thirty season or twenty thirty season coming up. I'm a little bit worried about it. I mean, these young, younger guys being able to return from this a little bit, you know, a little bit easier. I would say it's probably a three on a level of ten. We'll see where it goes. And if we do get like an extended streak of stolen bases coming down, that's probably gonna tell you a whole lot. But I'd say it's a three at this point.
Speaker 1: All right, Looking on the rest of Julia Rodriguez was back in the line up yesterday, two. That's good. But what's bad is Chris Bryant dealing with a planter fasciitis, which is very painful. I've dealt with it before. It sucks. Chris Bryant. Is this going to be one of the worst contracts we ever seen ever? No?
Speaker 2: No, no, this isn't Davis, but it'll be. Uh, it's gonna.
Speaker 1: Being Chris Davis. But like, I don't think our expectations for for Chris Davis, where's highs our expectations for Chris Bryant in terms of career arc?
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, but I think that that Chris Bryant you're imagining was like three years ago, the one that signed in Colorado. That was different Chris Bryant than the arc of who he was early on. But it's not gonna look good. It's I'm completely worried about Chris Bryant. I'm out for the rest of the year and whatever capacity that still means. And frankly, if I could get a you know, if I can get a decent move off in Dynasty, I would. And I was a Chris brank God, I love Chris Brant.
Speaker 1: But yes you did.
Speaker 2: You will over it. I'm over it.
Speaker 1: Nice. By the way, there's a lot of discussion about JD. Davis going in that trade to JD. Davis is not special. And I remember how it started. Jade Davis was on a hot month where he was, you know, again good from one, you know, hitting against one kind of pitcher, and I was like, yeah, JD. Davis can have a run in him. Jady Davis is a nice guy to you know, have on your bench. Jadie Davis is a nice guy to play in DFS on good BVP matcheses. I said he is not special. And I said that, and I took a lot of heat because he was playing very well. What's JD. Davis's stats on the year, by the way, Well, should want to what's the ops? What's the batting And I just want to see all this. You want to start with ops, Like, I don't know, I don't know what it is off the top of my head, all right, So JD. Davis give me the batting average in the ops. That's all I care about, all right.
Speaker 2: He plays sixty four games, his batting average is two thirty six.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's not very special, no, And I gotta look over here.
Speaker 2: Actually, you know what this is? What I want to give you, I'm I'm gonna give you these two numbers. These are even better. His slugging is three forty three, certainly not special, and he has three homers on the year.
Speaker 1: There you go, three homers on the year and the ops is sixty six six the mawk of the beast.
Speaker 2: By the way, his tray coup percentage almost thirty two percent as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah that is special, but that's special special all right. What else is special? Is a moment in the dugout the cups, Well, it's the contraras Ian happened an emotional goodbye hugs. They both expect to be gone next week. So uh, this is another set of players here. Like Ian Happ as a player I've always liked. I always feel like Ian hapwould benefit from more lineup protection in a good spot. I always like the player. I think the skill set is interesting. I still think he might be one of these later bloomer guys. That is, his career goes on. He's just gonna get better and better. And Contreras is at his peak right now. So if you are somebody that has Contraras and he gets dealt, is that a time? In keeper leagues to look to move on from Wilson Contreers. Do you see Wilson Contreres being this piece like this is the peak value in fantasy too, not just reality. And if he goes to Againtender, maybe I can cash in and get a lot, Maybe I can get Adlie Rutchman plus and a whole lot of things like that. Is that something you'd be looking to do.
Speaker 2: If that's the case, I would listen for sure. I don't know if I would be I think the first thing of what you said, if I would put him out there and see what the lay of the land is and if someone wants to really overpay me, I would be in for that on a catcher, especially getting a young guy or let's say I just had another one. But I don't know if I would be looking to necessarily jump completely off the train. Long term, the destination he goes to, there could be a lot more run support, There could be a lot more RBI opportunities, It could be a more hitter friendly environment of where he gets traded to. He is also, I believe, a free agent after this year, so we also don't know where he's going to go just because someone trades for him. Doesn't mean that's where he is, and that makes a trade for him complicated because you don't know, like how deep is someone willing to pay for probably one of the better catchers in baseball right now on a small buy. So that's where I get stuck with him a little bit. But I would put it out there see if anybody, but I would probably rather hold at the end of the day, I don't think anyone's giving up adle for Wilson Treres in really any redraft. I mean to be redraft a little bit, but I even think redraft people would probably halt bad. Let pretty dang good.
Speaker 1: He's pretty dang good. But Caturis is more accomplished. We all know that. Yeah, sure, just something too, something to think about, something to ponder there. All right, let's move on here to some more baseball stuff. Let's do some stat heroes here. Pablo Lopez was very good last night, seven innings, one earned eleven k's against the Reds. Hunter Green wasn't too bad in this game either, for the record, just pointing that out, what's that.
Speaker 2: You didn't give?
Speaker 1: You didn't he lost to one. Pablo Lopez apparently on the block as well. Now this is a picture, talk about like win potential if you drop him in an offense that actually scores a run or two a game, My goodness, this could be a huge swing for him. What are your thoughts on a potential landing spot for Pablo Lopez and what that would do for his value? I already want to see him go.
Speaker 2: I saw Mish talking about this and saying that he might have actually pitched his last one. But again, this is one of those like he's they got to give up. It's gotta be a huge hault that they're going to give up. Maybe this is coming back to the loo I get. I feel like Mantes and Castillo kind of run the market and then there's the loser's bracket of who can get what. But I just don't feel like Pablo Lopez is going to come cheap. Like the Yankees would be a really interesting team to go digging around at Pablo Lopez right now, you know, aln l. Not that it, you know, actually matters really anymore, but just being able to move far off. Yankees have been attached to some pitchers. I think that one would make a whole bunch of sense, use you know, trade off some of those young pieces over to the Marlins. Yankees also have a plethora of guys that are like near the precipice that they could trade over to the Marlins. Hayden was new Ski, ken walda Chuck or a couple of pictures that bit older. They've they've got like three or four more and then they've got a bevy of these prospects they're not Anthony Volpi again, that are closer to come up. What what a mind blow would be though? What if you had a Pablo Lopez for just like a Jason Dimingez and another piece. What if they just moved off of Domingas. I mean, because again you talk about the young, controllable pictures. The cost I don't think is something.
Speaker 1: Well, two more years on Pablo Lopez, by the way, he's arbitration eligible in twenty twenty three and twenty twenty four.
Speaker 2: It cost twenty five. I'm almost I almost guarantee it would cost Jason.
Speaker 1: I don't know if that's a move they want to make yet. I don't think the Yankees are there. Do you do you think they are there?
Speaker 2: I think the Yankees are there. With how Judge has been playing this year.
Speaker 1: I mean, I guess if you get Lopez for two years and you can think, Okay, this is a player we think long term we could sign. Okay, maybe, but what helps.
Speaker 2: Us, what's helped what helps them long term? Having a picture like Pablo Lopez in that rotation they just said more injuries by the way, with Luis Severino or sitting on the Jason Dimingo stuff, which I think Justin Minga is still a great talent, but you know, is he game changing that they're gonna have in their lineup sooner rather than like, I don't know. I mean, I think it's tough to trade those type of players, but boy, I feel like that would get something that would get the Marlins going immediately.
Speaker 1: Well, if you're the Yankees, do you want a trade Chason Dimingez for Luis Castillo for Pablo Lopez.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's a really really good one. I'm probably Luis Castillo. But that's why I'm saying, if if the Yankees do miss out on that market, it's tough, it's tough. I just think Jason Dimingez is on that chopping block this year to be involved in a really really big trade, whether it was with Soto or it's about getting one of these controllable pitchers.
Speaker 1: The Yankees are in a tough spot here because now that Stanton's hurt again too, and and you know, you've lost some pieces in the bullpen. The Yankees are starting to and and this is something I talked about the wagering side of things when the VP show, which is, look, the Yankees have got a great first half. That's the first half. Season's always two halves, and as great as you are, that's typically an unsustainable pace. And you're gonna have have more bad luck, You're gonna have injuries and all these things. And now it's starting to come true a little bit. Now. I'm not saying the Yankees aren't a contender. Of course they are. I'm not saying the Yankees won't do everything they can to stay a contender. The interesting piece, though, is is they have to now have this moment where they look themselves in the mirror and say, are we the old Yankees that's going to continue to trade our future away to win now, which is what Steinbrenner used to do, right, Or are we this new Yankees that No, we value our young players and we're gonna keep working the win because the more. You've done that over these last few years. You know, two thousand and nine is further and further away in the rearview mirror. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: I'm not just saying, but they can get away with making big impact trades without trading their best player, which is Anthony Volpi. They have so many pitchers. I think you could do. Because the chat is really blown up about how they need an outfield, You're absolutely right, Well, there's cheap outfield that we had. David Peralta is someone with the Diamondbacks plays gold glove defense.
Speaker 1: Brian Reynolds.
Speaker 2: That would be an interesting fit, like cost A bunch More.
Speaker 1: I don't know if he does. He's not such a bad year. I don't know.
Speaker 2: If he does, he would he younger.
Speaker 1: He's like to me, he reminds me of like the new Brick Gardner. He could be that guy.
Speaker 2: For that, I think the Yankees could. Let's just an hypothetical world, Domingaz and a piece goes gets you Pablo Lopez, then they go to the Diamondbacks. They can trade off maybe one triple a pitcher or a low piece to get David Peralta, and now you've got Peralta and Pablo Lopez to you know, breathe life into that entire team. Where Boston Red Sox are not going to be heavy competing, we can question are the Rays going to be really heavy into it? I think the Yankees can just kind of roll and then Toronto. You know what, what does Toronto really have in their back pocket here? I think those two would be really interesting trades, one more expensive, one cheap. I personally just think Brian REYLDS would cost a decent amount more, where Peralta is just one of those really cheap is not young, but cheap, good defenders, solid backspark major leaguers that they could make that doesn't cost you a whole bunch.
Speaker 1: Kegan Thompson's seven strikeouts over seven innings, no earned runs, I believe that was your.
Speaker 2: K prop over yet straight well, that one of that was one of the problems.
Speaker 1: Seane McClanahan seven keys of his own seven innings to earn run. Spencer Strider was good. Yesterday we talked about Garcia and Springer. Canilario with a home run, so de Darius say Suzuki sighting a home run for him, show he Otania another dinger, another feather in his cap Michael Harris for a home run as well as Byron Bucks. Says Michael Harris the National League Rookie of the Year.
Speaker 2: Now, uh yeah, I'm in for that. I am absolutely in for Michael Harre Do we have the are you were you saying it definitively or were you sing is in it?
Speaker 1: It was a question, but it might be rhetorical at this point. I'm gonna go look and see what the odds are.
Speaker 2: I think the Braves, I think on both sides, the brave Spencer Strider and Michael Harris should probably be one two for Rookie of the Year in the n That's the.
Speaker 1: Tough part is the cannibalization of each other in that spot. Spencer Strider's plus one forty five, Michael Harris is plus two forty right now.
Speaker 2: And those are the top two.
Speaker 1: Those are the top two.
Speaker 2: Okay, Yeah, there you go.
Speaker 1: So I would go with Michael Harris. I go with the position player personal.
Speaker 2: Harris is Harris unbelievable, Harris unfreaking believable, and moved him so far up in my last update last month for redraft in for Dynasty, and it's just going to keep going. He just does it. He is one of the most consistent rookies that really has the skill sets as well to not get into major major struggles, unlike some of these other guys.
Speaker 1: These are resides a Milwaukee Penguin or right too. Happ would be an interesting fit for the Yanks as well.
Speaker 2: I think so. I completely agree with that. Again, I just don't.
Speaker 1: Maybe if you like somebody like that, I you know, if.
Speaker 2: You take off the Pablo Lopez side of it, have's just gonna cost a bit. And I think Hap would be a great move if they don't want to go get Actually, you know what I would say this, if they don't go and get like a Bablo Lopez, I think Happ makes the most sense of any trade for them, I really really do. I think that makes a ton all right.
Speaker 1: Carlos Rodon was no boy.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 1: Five earned run, six innings for him. There's been some interesting articles written too about why the Giants should trade Carlos Rodan, which I thought was a fascinating read. I don't know if you've read any of those. Now Arnola six innings, five earned for him. Jorge Montgomery was not good. Give up some home runs there to the Mets four earned in two a third, Jady Martinez oh for three three k's, Willia Damas over four three k's, Monsey over four three k's down to one fifty eight. Our biggest fade going into the year is probably Max Monsey. That looks good right about now. Arcelo Zuna still can't get right over four three k's. They have to figure something out with him. It might be bench time for him. Let me tell you, rond A Kunya oh for five with a K. And look now that they lost you vall, maybe the braves are in the market too. When we don't realize for another bad if al Zuna doesn't turn things around quick either on Neil over five with one k, same for dj le Mayhew and Rowdy telez Uh. And of course let's go to bet MGM, the King of sports books, bet ten dollars to win two hundred regardless of the outcome, with the promo code leading off again. Yeah, bet MGM promo code leading off. That is one word. Go make some wagers, Go go put some money on some stuff here. I don't know is this the updated home run board we have here? I don't, I don't, I don't think it is, but I will I do flash it anyway. Is this up to date, doesn't you know?
Speaker 2: Let me let me compare it against what they said. It is not because Mayor has a thirty so that's an old one.
Speaker 1: I think Ethan is on vacation. I think this is why we don't have that Ethan who does all of our boards. I think he's taking a little time, as he should. It's very important we should. But so thank you Mike Maher for making sure that the show is all ready to go today. Like you have one job, like really, like seriously one thing. I mean, come on, all right, let's get to some of the props. Corbyn burns seven and a half on the k prop minus one twenty six you're getting against the Minnesota Twins. I think you can go well over this tonight against the Twinkies.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Max Surezer bet MGM. Seven and a half is his number, that is minus one thirty five Max Schurzer's birthday. I like this one as well. Also, John Gray, don't sleep on this one. At sugar House. Six and a half is the number minus one forty eight. He has been excellent lately, John Gray, Jose Ramirez one and a half total basis even money you're getting on DK. Same with Vlad even money as well on the one and a half total basis Welsh, what do you got tonight?
Speaker 2: I like that Corbyn burns one a couple here, gi Alito, you're getting even money on strikeouts four and a half, pretty low number. I think I pretty comfortable with that. Andrew Haney returning four and a half strikeouts. I kind of dig that one, even though I know it's Washington. I think he's gonna come out strong. Luis Castillo five and a half strikeouts on the over, those are all ones I like. And Mookie Betts total base one and a half over I would dig that one. So those are a couple of my bets.
Speaker 1: Can you dig it? All right? Let's get to the starting pitchers tonight for DFS again, keep it sim bolt a short slate. Leuis Castillo was a huge value on DK. Could be his last start at a very important one and the one against the terrible Marlins offense. So yes, eight point nine K sign me up all of the Luis Castillo tonight. Don't get fancy, don't get smart for your own good paramout matchers are at ten point six. You can find offense with the Mets in Cleveland. There's some guys in the lower part of that lineup that you can roster. So give me Mets, give me Cleveland, the Stacks, give me Castillo, and shows are on DK, on FanDuel. Different pricing here. Castillo is ten point six, much different. So you can have your best Castillo lineup, or you can go with Kevin Gossman and pivot off of that and have some differential because say Lewis does not have their normal bats in there, right, No Ernando, no gold Schmith in Toronto. So I would take advantage of that with Kevin Gosman at ten point four. So do a Gossman lineup a Castillo lineup? Sure's there's a whole thousand dollars more, So I would fade away from that because that's really expensive. It's tough to get a good lineup in there. All right, let's go to uh who we like for home runs today? I'm gonna go with Jose Ramirez. That is my pick. Welch, how about you? Where you go?
Speaker 2: I wish you would have stuck with you.
Speaker 1: Well, what happened was I was copying and pasting and a copy and paste Max Scherzer, who is not gonna take So.
Speaker 2: When I saw that, I was like, this is I think you're gonna get twenty points. You get twenty home run points if comes into.
Speaker 1: The games are on his birthday notes Jose Ramirez, But the cut and pasting it still had mac Scherzer's name attached to it.
Speaker 2: But I'm gonna go with Moke. Patrick Corbyn is pitching for the Nationals. I repeat, Patrick Corbin is pitching for the Nationals. Molk kids, I think around three fifteen against lefties, So I'll take that leadoff spot. I will take him against Korby Love the total base marker. I'm actually gonna bet it as soon as we're done with this, but I'm gonna go with the home run call on MOOKI bets JD.
Speaker 1: Davis might not be special, but all of you are. We appreciate you listening and watching it, and if you haven't already, make sure you subscribe to our YouTube channel, Fantasy Pros MLB. We're gonna have a lot of fun stuff coming up with that trade deadline. Boy oh boy, that's going to be exciting times around these parts for sure. And support the Welsh here on the program even when I'm not on in August, because coming in August, it's a football time for Joey P. Solo because as you can see, my brain is already starting to melt on the left side. So I've already done two football things today.
Speaker 2: I don't want to see a doctor, that's the case.
Speaker 1: I well, you know, look, it's just it is what it is. This is what happens. But I want to thank all of our audience for hanging out with us. I hope you enjoyed the show today. We'll be back again tomorrow to do it all again. That'll do it for us, but the story of the game goes on for the Welsh. I'm Joey P. We'll see you next time. Kids.
Speaker 2: Later the the