Speaker 1: H Sometimes it's just luck, luck just being in the right place at the right time, picking his feet up at the right time. You know, he's obviously he's he's very you know, he's long, he's tall, and and very flexible as you can as you imagine, you know, the one last night looked looked worse than than it really was. Very fortunate there, but you know, he he seems to have a little bit of a knack. But I just think that's uh for the most part, you know, just been.
Speaker 2: Just been fortunate.
Speaker 3: Welcome in to jag them. Presented by Jet Homelands today, I'm kind of hone. Stephen's Brian Sexton, John Oser with me today. That's your head coach Peterson talking about Trevor Lawrence's injury. It's a high ankle sprain, but as described yesterday, fortunate it is not worse than they originally suspected. That's our big thing today. Of course, Trevor Lawrence has to be big thing number one for us as we look forward to what this team is going to look like going forward. They have not ruled him out for the game against Cleveland, but Doug Peterson did say he wants Trevor to feel one hundred percent before he gets back out there.
Speaker 1: I want to make sure that Trevor is one hundred percent, you know before I before I put him or any any player back on the field. And and you know, it's just a matter of of there as a player too, as a tolerance that they can they can withstand with with any injury, and you just don't want to risk If the player is not in any harm or could risk further damage to the area, then then then you have to consider it, but definitely don't want to don't want to risk further injury.
Speaker 3: So they have not ruled him out for that Brown the game, Brian, but also they want him to get back to one hundred percent before they play him. So what exactly are we looking at this week?
Speaker 4: Guy?
Speaker 2: I think it's simple. If he can play on Sunday in Cleveland, be superman, right. I mean I was stunned at the video of him walking down the hallway that Monday night football used and he was with every painful step grimacing. High Ankle sprains have long been a part of life in the NFL, and they have long been a three to six week injury. You know, quarterbacks can generally tape it up a little bit, but we've seen what mobility means john to him in his game. And then here's the other thing. I mean, you're talking about a quarterback you want to be your guy for the next fifteen to eighteen years. You always have to make this smart decision when it comes to him. So from my perspective, if he plays on Sunday, I would be not surprised. I would be shocked. And that's only because I just can't see how a guy like that can play in just a week's time on that injury. Less than a week's time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, he's done some superhuman things. He's sort of superhuman in New Orleans, but this would be sort of super super human. I guess High Angel sprains, as you said, three to six weeks, maybe they tape it up. I kind of doubt it, you know. I think Doug Peterson has his heaviest lift right now, trying to get this team back up, trying to get the troops rallied, if you will, whatever that cliche is, and I don't expect Trevor to play, and that makes this week's game against Cleveland to me fascinating ginormous.
Speaker 2: Whatever that word is, well, if you want to look just ahead one week, I don't want him to play if he can't protect himself against Miles Garrett. Right the next week, here come the Baltimore Ravens with the defense that has forty three or forty four sacks, and there's still a quarter of the season to play, So you've got to make sure that he can protect himself from some of these guys who will be head hunting a quarterback they know isn't quite as mobile.
Speaker 3: And we'll get to it a little bit later on the show, but there's injuries across the offensive line as well, which you have to bring up because they have to protect him, and if he can't protect himself, that's something to think about as well. Our second big thing today is talk that talk, because miscommunication has been a problem on the defense and we saw a lot of that yesterday. Barring the injuries. The other big thing that stood out was a lot of the issues on defense on a team that has played well on defense all year long. So Doug talked a little bit postgame about what was going on on the field.
Speaker 5: If you're on the field and the crowd as loud as they are when we're on defense, you're going to have we have to reiterate communication and that's all it is. It's just double checking with everybody.
Speaker 6: It's not communication issues, it's just being able to communicate the calls effectively. So there's a lot of talk that has to go back and forth because of the way the crowd and the crowd was great today, you know, and that's what you want, and it does kind of, you know, put your defense in a little bit of a bind because of that.
Speaker 3: John Doug was a little short with the media after the post game yesterday. I don't blame him for that. Is there mis communication issues? Are they not missing?
Speaker 7: Well?
Speaker 4: I think just was a little misconstrued. After Doug said it, he was trying to answer a question about why it looked like the defense was having trouble communicating for the snap. That's how I interpret it, And he was trying to explain I think that when it's loud, it looks like there's miscommunication because the defense is trying touch other for the play. He was sort of criticized by some fans for criticizing fans. I didn't get the idea that he was criticizing the fans for being loud at all. I think this was a case where he was trying to answer a question, and sometimes when you're answering a question and trying to explain things in this SoundBite era, people try to take it and make it something it's not. Now that being said, the defense didn't play well, but I thought the communication was going on during the play. A lot of bad run fits and they got blown off the ball. It was a bad defensive game against the run for a team that's played great against the run most of the season.
Speaker 2: Yeah, honestly, I got the sensition. This is just a feeling mad, you know. I mean he was mad standing there, mad at his defense that they weren't doing the things that they had done all season long, and his comments were meant to temperate. He absolutely did not criticize the fans. He went out of his way to make sure that he said they were great. The defensive coordinator is going to talk this week, and the question is a painful one for him, but it goes something like this, how is it that your defense, which has had some communication issues and has talked about working on them throughout the year, how is it the communication was a problem for you guys? But not for the quarterback making only a second start, his first away from home, and on Monday night in that environment. How is it not a problem for him. That's the question that has to get answer. Because John, we've frankly talked about communication issues and big plays being given up on the field at various points throughout the year. The offense was able to overcome it and help the defense out. The defense got takeaways to help the offense out. But the other night, neither side of the ball was working very well in communication became the flashpoint.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I thought the offense actually did okay in that game. I was again shocked at the inability to stop the run of a team that hadn't run very well. That's more detailed communications. We don't think about that being communication as much as the back end. H Doug thought that was the key to the game. I I sort of agreed. This defense that has stopped the run so well all year, all of a sudden couldn't fit. It had a lot of linebackers and safeties going in the wrong direction at frankly the wrong time.
Speaker 3: Our final big thing today is gonna be next man up, because we'll go in depth into the injuries, but there were a lot of injuries, including Trevor Lawrence. But they have to play on Sunday and it's a short week before they head to Cleveland, so.
Speaker 2: The next man up.
Speaker 8: You know, obviously we would love to have Season out there. You know, he's a he's a head man. But you know, if he's not out there, we all got it back. And it's like I said, but as a next next man approach to mentality and we can approach it like that, and defense we hone in no more mistitles like we get better at the defense and help the Dolphins out. But I think CJ gonna hold his own and I think I know you know how to leave this offense, Solf. You know, we do our part, play a little bit better, we'll be all right.
Speaker 3: CJ. Bethard is the next man out at quarterback, Brian or what are we looking at if CJ's a starter on Sunday.
Speaker 2: Look, if I'm Doug, I'm tempted to say he didn't play it right and let everybody know that early in the week, so they don't think that help is on the way that they figure out that they're all going to have to lift their games a little bigger, a little better rather because sixteen's not back there, So everybody's got to be better on blocking, tackling, catching, running, all of those things. Everybody's got to have that mentality of sixteen isn't there to bail us out. We've got to be there to help CJ. And if for some reason Superman does show up on Sunday, great, But I think the mentality has to be he didn't plan. We've got to be ready to do this without him and John. I think this roster has the ability to go and win a game in Cleveland without him, provided they get a couple of those other guys back. Yeah, it does.
Speaker 4: I don't think over the course of a season it's gonna be a playoff team without Trevor Lawrence, but I think it can go. It showed the other night that in Spurts it can be effective with CJ. CJ did a nice job. He led the team to a drive to tie the game. He made a throw to Ridley, gave really a chance to make a play on what was a call that sort of took a touchdown or potential touchdown away in overtime. He did his job. He'll be functional. I thought it was encouraging that the players Angram Z Jones, guys like that late in the game seemed to lift. They're gonna have to lift for sixty minutes on Sunday. It's harder to do that than it is for a couple of drives.
Speaker 3: All right, coming up after the break, we're gonna go over some of the injuries this team suffered and what they'll be dealing with going into Cleveland this Sunday. And of course, jag Zam brought to you by Field's Auto Group jackson They'll step up to luxury Fields Auto. For ten years, Dreamfinders' Homes has been proud to call themselves the official home builder of the Jacksonville Jaguars. You can visit Dreamfindershomes dot com for all of the available inventory. Go Jags fans. On uh Tuesday, December twelfth, from five to six, you can head the publics located at the Shops at the Beach Walk in Saint John's to meet Jacksonville Jaguars players for special appearance. That's from five to six. That's the Public Supermarket located at eight thirty five County Road to ten West in Saint John's, Florida. On Tuesday, December twelfth, from five to six. You can meet members of the Jaguars there before they head off to Cleveland this week.
Speaker 7: He's the leader of our team. It does a great job each week, doesn't doing this thing? You know, I feel like that that plays on me too, So you know that definitely hurts. But you know the saying gotta come out, grow, get ready, and let's get ready to work next week. Be more decisive, tomro be quicker, so you know third now, I didn't know if there was pressure or not. I just got to be able to make a play and be decisive from the quarterback.
Speaker 3: It's Parker Washington. Welcome back to jag z Am. He had a touchdown in this you know NFL touchdown. He said he felt a little responsibility on that play where Trevor got hurt. He should have been a little more decisive on his route. But you know, he got thrown into the fire for sure because Christian Kirk went on the first play the game.
Speaker 2: Well, he's gonna get the chance because he's gonna get more reps obviously on the practice field this week with Christian Kirk being down and he's going to play a whole lot more. You know, he made that touchdown catch, right, but he also had a critical third down catch where he dove and fought for the ball and took it away from the Bengals defensive back. I saw some things that I really liked from him. He's a tough kid. He slid in the draft because he had broken part of a bone in his foot somewhere when he was in his last year at Penn State, and so he didn't run quite as well. But he's a guy with a lot of potential and they're going to need to work that out of him on the practice field in the next couple of weeks to get some of it back from him on the game field. Yeah, it bodes well.
Speaker 4: So often if if a guy doesn't play as a rookie in September, people are panicking, sane it was a bad draft pick. They were never that worried about Parker Washington. This hasn't been really a chance for him to play with Christian Kirk being in there. With the receiver depth, I think he'll be fine in terms of when when they throw him the ball, he'll catch it. He needs to improve knowing where to be on the field, but that's sort of rookie stuff, you know. That being said, I don't want to minimize what Christian Kirk being out, and it sounds like he's out for the season or at least until you know, AFC Championship Game week, super Bowl. He's really important in terms of chemistry, reliability. Out of all the receivers, he's the best at You never worry that he's going to be exactly where he's supposed to be. That's a huge edge for the quarterbacks.
Speaker 2: It's why he's the leading receiver.
Speaker 4: It's why Trevor depends on him so much that over the long term is a big, big loss.
Speaker 3: I think the thing we need to remember about Parker two is we've talked a little bit about he didn't get to play as rookie. Those are mistakes. We've been talking about tank tanks for making for twelve weeks. He hasn't had that opportunity. He got hurt as well, and then he's coming in to play for Agnum and now Christian Kirk. So, Christian Kirk a huge injury. He has a core injury that Doug said will probably need surgery, which puts him at you know, six plus weeks out so, as John mentioned, if we're lucky to make it that far AFC Championship, super Bowl, that's when maybe something like that could happen. But this injury list is a long one, and that's something we're talking about because without Christian Kirk, he's kind of a safety blanket for Trevor and he is someone where you know where he's gonna be at all times. And what does that take away from the offense, John.
Speaker 4: Well, it takes away all that trust, all that kind of new I mean, you're you're never surprised when when Trevor drops to pass. It's just the way obviously games that don't watch it on TV, when Trevor drops to pass and you look out and you see Christian running wide open.
Speaker 2: Like he wasn't the play he got hurt.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're never surprised because he's such a good route runner and there's such trust. And just think over what seventeen, how many games Christian's been here, how many huge third downs he's caught, how reliable he is. We talked for six seven weeks about how much the offense misses Zay Jones because you have to account for him well, and offense is like this the guys that you cannot leave single covered, which in this offense are Christian Kirk, Evan Ingram, Calvin Ridley, and Jay Jones. When you lose one, that messes up the gears and now they have to play with their gears messed up.
Speaker 2: It just always seems like he's that guy in third and forever right where you know you need almost a prayer to convert third down in seventeen and he's the guy who's open. And I think back to last season and the place that he made against the Ravens and the Cowboys, the plays that he made against the Titans and the Chargers. I mean, he's just he always seems to make a big play. And it may not be a sixty eight yard touchdown, it may only be a twenty six yard completion, but it happens in big moments. That's the kind of player he is. He's not tall in stature, but he makes tall plays, if that makes sense.
Speaker 4: And here's what you sort of notice about Christian. He's not really on the highlights that much because so many of his big plays are he's open and Trevor gets in the ball, because Trevor knows exactly where he's going to be, so there's not a whole lot of highlight. He doesn't after one handed, he doesn't make it all leaven catches. He's just open and the right timing on his route. He makes it look easy and subtle and you don't think about it that much. But how many big plays. The touchdown against the Colts this year where him and Trevor are on the same page. Last year he's the only touchdown against the Titans in the last game of the season. He makes big plays at big moments, and again you go back.
Speaker 2: To the trust.
Speaker 4: Trust is so big for a quarterback. Out of all the receivers, Trevor trusts him number one. When Trevor gets back, that'll be a loss in chemistry he has to make up for.
Speaker 3: Talked about the two biggest injuries, of course, your quarterback and Christian Kirk who looks like he'll be out long term. But there's a lot of other names. So when you look at this list of people that are injured, who's kind of sticking out to you, Brian, who's an injury you're concerned about other than the big deal?
Speaker 2: Well, Walker little because you lost Cam Robinson last week, right and now a guy that we've heard is a natural left tackle is likely the left tackle here of the future because the salary cap considerations. Now he's down, which means your left tackle is Blake Hants. Okay, ugh, right, you worry about that the next two weeks. As I mentioned earlier, teams with really strong pass rushes, and you're gonna ask a guy who's probably more naturally a right side player and a guard at that to go play left tackle. That's troublesome.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and Miles Scarrett plays for that team.
Speaker 2: Right he mostly stays on the left side of the defense. He's not a guy that they flip really often. He's still play with it. Yet take everybody else and go go back the weak spot at left tackle because Miles Garrett's over there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and with Walker he has shown such great potential. But you know, as a team, they would love at some point to know that they can rely on that for the long term. A lot of him not playing has hasn't been his fault. The boy, they would have loved to have seen him healthy for a stretch. And so at the end of last year, this year he gets in a right guard and then all of a sudden he's out, yea. I think he's a big time player, but boy, you would love to have that body of work where you said, yeah, we know what that guy.
Speaker 3: Is, especially someone you're thinking about giving long term big money to when yeah, often injured.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so I think that's let's hope the hamstring isn't bad, that he can be out there and sort of show himself for extended period of time.
Speaker 2: I'd like to think that a tackle would have a better chance of playing on a hamstring, obviously than a defensive back or a wide receiver because he doesn't have to be quite as explosive. I haven't talked to him. I don't know the extent of the injury, but I would imagine he's going to gut it out and try and go to be there to protect CJ. Befort because they're gona need him.
Speaker 6: Yah.
Speaker 4: The other guy you don't want down is Fotokasi. You don't talk a lot about defensive tackles, but he's been a huge reason that they're really stout against the run, maybe behind Trayvon and Josh, the most consistent player up front this year. You don't want him out for very long.
Speaker 2: Well, and that's the same injury that cost him the preseason. Member he heard it on the practice field in Detroit. We watched him kay walk off the field at Allen Park that day, and he missed the rest of the preseason. He's been really stout this year, really, and Devon Hamilton, as we've heard from the coach, kind of still working his way back to being able to play.
Speaker 3: For me, I'm looking at the secondary and I think that might be the sum of all the parts there, because we finally get Tyson Campbell back from that hamstring injury. Now he has a right quad injury as well. Trey Herndon still in concussion protocol in a short week, and Andre Sisko heard a shoulder he went back into the game. But that's also something you're playing with. I know everybody's banged up at this time of year, but secondary struggling. They're down a guy, and now everybody's hurt.
Speaker 2: Too well that Herndon one. I mean, Gregor Junior missed a lot of time this year. He had his own amstring injury that put him on injury reserve. And so when you lose Herndon, we don't think of Herndon as being that communicator but John, when you play in the slot, it's such a unique position compared to playing corner on the outside. There's a lot of communication that goes on from that position to FOI a Lucon or Devin Lloyd talking about who's covering and what they're doing, and they were playing a lot of zone the other night and that's ultimate communication, right. So it was a confluence of things, But losing Trey Herndon is more significant that people might give it credit for.
Speaker 4: And he's a veteran. He's been around it seems like since the franchise begins twenty eighteen. So yeah, losing a veteran presence in there is worrisome. And who knows what the concussion protocol that's yeah, we'll let that play out.
Speaker 3: Ducation point is good too, cause I know one of the big Jamar touchdown, that big touchdown run in the beginning where Tyson's up in the air and kind of gets beat. After that, Cisco's trying to communicate at the line before all of that goes down, and that's when you're looking at it and maybe what Doug's talking about it is loud. They're trying to figure things out, but it doesn't look great, and then obviously we need to get beat on the play too. So coming up, we're gonna look ahead and kind of see what we got going on with this team a little bit. When we come back on jagzam, price dot com the easiest way to save money with comparison shopping cash back coupons all in one, It's free. Can try it out at price dot com. Today. We also want to take a moment to recognize Jea's frontline teams for the critical services they provide to this community. Today we're gonna recognize Jee's frontline Team of the game winners and a special thanks to Jea's Environment team for their commitment to protect and sustain the natural resources of our community. This com backating through jagzam. Here in the Hundai studio, are gonna do a little this or that. We're doing a little bit different. We're gonna have a kind of a group conversation here today because and a little bit of what if you know, because the team is not healthy right now, but if they were healthy, do we think this is one of the best teams in the AFC. We're talking going into Monday night football. They're up for that number one seed. If this team is at their best after that game against the Bengals, do you still feel they are one of the best teams in the AFC?
Speaker 2: I do, and I've said it on the show a couple of times. In fact, I thought they would go out and prove that against the San Francisco forty nine ers and that didn't happen. But then they bounced back and had two games they needed to win and they did win. I think if they're healthy and at their best, which is what the criteria was for this, I think they're scoring. They swore with thirty one points the other night right and lost. And I think that defense with twenty one takeaways and number five or number six against the runoverall, could they be better? Well, sure, But I think you can go and look at the elite teams in the NFL, the Eagles, the Chiefs at you know, find places the Dolphins where they can be better to Yeah, I think if this team is healthy, I do think that they are one of the best teams in the NFL, one of the best teams in the AFC, for sure.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I mean there's no question they are, because they were the other night. They didn't blow out the Bangle. They lost to the Bengals, who are a five hundred team, but they were you know, I feel like if Trevor doesn't get hurt, that they win that game, probably seventy percent chance. I would put at on any basis for that. That was just my feeling the AFC this year. The question is are they a legitimate contender? They absolutely are. They're not far and away the best team in the AFC, but the Ravens, who I think feel like the best team in the AFC. They've lost three times and they've looked great when they blow teams out, that's what they do. They've also lost the Jaguars were about to win the other night. The way they've won a few games, which is sort of gutting it out. They're a smart veteran team. It didn't work out from the other night. Yeah, I think it. Also, remember they swept the Colts. Everybody sleeps in the Colts. But that's sweet. The Cults are nine and three and winning this thing. They've beaten the Steelers, they've beaten the Texans once. They've beaten those teams legitimately to keep those teams at bay. I think they're one of three or four teams that are really really good in the AFC went healthy that they're really good.
Speaker 3: I'm not quite there yet, and I think that's just because they beat the teams they need to beat. They do what they need to do. But they're not blowing anybody out. And I don't know how much they're addressing the concerns that we've had been talking. I feel like we talk about the same concerns and they haven't necessarily gotten better. Like we talk about the susceptibility to the big play, and obviously it was extreme examples against the Bengals with one of the best receiving cores in the NFL, But that's an issue that's been an issue, and the run game covers up a lot of that. And that kind of goes into our second this or that, which is this has been a really good defense, but have they been stout all around or have they just been opportunistic? They're really good at stopping the run other than against the Bengals, but then the secondary has lacked. There's miscommunication, there's other areas of deficiency. Is this a really good defense or have they just been playing with their strengths?
Speaker 2: Well, I think they're a good defense. Right. They have twenty one takeaways, which puts them in the top ten, and they've been top five against the run all season long. They lack some things in coverage. They're susceptible, whether it's the linebackers or the safeties or a corner on an island. You know, they've given up big chunks of yardage in the passing game and allowed some teams, you know, to make games tighter than preps we thought they should be. I don't know that they well. I mean, you look at the two or three best defense in the league. You look at San Francisco and Baltimore. I don't think they're I don't think they're there. But I do think on a good day they're a really good unit. I just don't think they're e laite.
Speaker 4: They're really good when they play how they can play. And that's what I didn't share the other night. They didn't. If you talk to any defensive player in that locker room, they will clearly lay out what they have to do be good. They have stopped the run that forced turnovers, and then when they stopped the run puts them in passing situations where they are teams at a disadvantage. But the other night they didn't do that. So guess what. When they don't play to their identity, they're not a good defense, because they weren't the other night. They gave it four to ninety. When they do what they believe they're good at, then they are a pretty good defense. So I don't know how to explain why all of a sudden they weren't having good run fits the other night. But had they then I think we were talking about a good defense the other night. They were not a good defense. When they do what they do, they're pretty good.
Speaker 2: Well they're gonna get a chance this week to prove it, right, Yeah. I mean, this is a game with Joe Flacco, who gives them something in the passing game that they haven't had with the other backup since DeShawn Watson's been down. But Amari Cooper is in the concussion protocol, so who knows whether he'll play or not. This is big boy football without Nick Chubb. They don't does not bob the Browns in that stadium. Their personality is run the ball, and they're gonna run the ball, so you better be prepared to line up and take the ball your way. Thirty plus times. If you can do that, if you can keep them at three yards three point five yards to carry, then you get a chance to go take on an aging thirty eight year old Joe Flacco. We could see the pass rush, we could see some takeaways. We could and that's the way. By the way, it's essential for CJ. Bethler to succeed. He's going to need extra possessions and short fields and this defense is gonna have a chance to make that happen.
Speaker 4: So everybody's defense, for the most part, has defined this season for them. This is their chance to re set the season. I think if they win this game, they get in the playoffs because I think the schedule late in the season, I have a tough time against Baltimore Trevor's hurt, but then it gets either that final stretch. This is a huge game for this team, and it sets up to where the defense that they play to its strength, can can have one of those games where you're talking to four defensive players after the game and they're the story. This could be their game. But it's tough because this is what the Browns did.
Speaker 2: To take this defense from that very good to that top level elite. You need Andre Cisco, you need Tyson Campbell, and you need Devin Lloyd and of course Dramon Walker. But you need those players to lift their games. They've got to be more consistent. And obviously Campbell's been out with the injury for a while so he hasn't been able to but Cisco, Lloyd and Walker. I want to leave Walker off because he's been consistent, but those two, in particular on the back end, have been up and down and up and down and up and down. And if they lift their game on Sunday, the Jaguars have a really good chance to win.
Speaker 3: And we've seen they're capable of it.
Speaker 2: Oh, there's no doubt they're more than able.
Speaker 3: So we need to see that out of the defense, especially with your backup quarterback CJ. Bethort in there and without Christian Kirk as well, one of the safety valves for this offense. Say with us, we'll preview what we've got coming up the rest of the week here on Jags Am Jags fans. If you want customized Jaguars furniture for your home, check out zipcha dot com to browse all customizable options. Zip Chair is furniture for fans. The also want to take a moment now for our Florida Lottery High School Scholar Athlete of the Month, Christian Socia Sosia excuse me, has proven his academic excellence, dedication to the community, and demonstrated leadership on and off the field. The Bright Future Scholarship Program, which is primarily funded by the Florida Lottery, assists students in pursuing post secondary education and career goals. Christian is a senior at Wolfson School. He plays golf soccer four point eight GPA and he hopes to attend Florida State. So congrats to Christian.
Speaker 2: I think Florida say probably hopes he attend there too.
Speaker 3: Absolutely looks very well rounded going into this week, we don't know where we're gonna get. Trevor Lawrence is listed as talking this week, so hopefully we'll hear from him today and kind of figure out exactly where he's at. But Brian, you're on record saying you.
Speaker 4: Just want CG.
Speaker 3: Brethard to be why guy this week and just kind of take that out of the equation.
Speaker 2: You know, back in the seventies, there was a big AFC championship game between the Steelers and the Raiders and those Johnny, you remember, those were called the Holy Wars. I mean they were vicious games, and there great Steelers teams. They had Rocky Blyyer and Franco Harris and both of them were out for a game or both of them were injured, and Chuck Noll famously said help is not on the way, guys, you better figure out how to do this on your own and then sort of set the standard. You know, you have to have that mindset of man sixteen's not coming to the rescue this week like he has. It's got to be on me to do my job better, whatever that job is. And so yeah, I'd almost rather see Doug say that from the beginning of the week and say it's up to us. The other fifty two guys in here have to figure out how to get it done because we're not going to have him on Sunday. And then again, if he shows up on Saturday night at the team meeting and says, hey, I feel great, I'm ready to go, great bonus.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the Steelers actually lost that game to the Raiders, and because Franco and Rocky again hurt the week before against the Colts and there were Steelers people who had wished that Chuck had just ruled them out. I mean that was sort of the and I get that if Trevor has a chance to play, he should play, and if he can protect himself a few words, I think it's a it's a fascinating week on that front. I'm really looking forward to this week. In this game, it's easy to say in the NFL, well, this game is gonna show a lot about this team. I think this game really wished a lot about this team. The Browns are tough to beat up there. They've only lost one game. They're not gray away from home, but they're really good at home. For the Jaguars to go win this in this circumstance, this is a heavy lift. This is a huge game.
Speaker 2: Well, look, it's a tale of two cities, so to speak. Right, you've got Cleveland and Jacksonville, and both of them have massive injuries. The Browns starting quarterback is off right to Shaun Watson. Both their starting tackles from the season are gone. Nick Chubb is gone. Denziel Warden and Miles Garrett have both played banged up and those are the two best players on their defense. And now you look at the Jaguars injury list, which we showed earlier in this show. It's important to know this is not just about Trevor, right. I mean, you've got to have an offensive lineman and a defensive back or two. You've got guys that you legitimately need to work and manage through this week to get them on the field to give yourself a chance to win. With CJ. Bethford, it's more than just Trevor. It's a bunch of guys and.
Speaker 3: It's going to be interesting for sure. We'll learn a lot today as we hear from Doug Peterson and hopefully Trevor Lawrence. So we'll be back here on jag Zam tomorrow and give you a little bit more about what this game against Cleveland's gonna look like on Sunday,