Speaker 1: Also media.
Speaker 2: Oh wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, keep all this sun, this is the good stuff. Oh, welcome back to Behind the Bastards, a podcast where I Robert Evans, have finally won an award. And no, it's not a real award. It's a bullshit award that you get when your YouTube channel crosses a threshold that really, in the grand scheme of YouTube, is not a whole lot of subscribers.
Speaker 3: But Sophie, they mail a plaque.
Speaker 2: Have you gotten years yet?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah I haven't.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna put mine up because there's nothing better than a fake award.
Speaker 2: We're opening this bad boy boxing.
Speaker 4: I thought this was just like when I told you that, like you're really good and like that's better than an award. I thought it was like one of those again where I'm one.
Speaker 2: No, you have been telling me that lie for quite some time.
Speaker 3: I got to tell you.
Speaker 1: You're number one in my heart and that it's.
Speaker 2: Not the ideal tool for this, but it works.
Speaker 4: When I get mine, I'll open mind with some kind of weapon you've given me.
Speaker 3: I don't think the acts will be.
Speaker 2: Good, but maybe do you remember your first subscriber? Absolutely not your hundredth or your thousandth chances are you do, and we know you'll definitely remember your hundred thousand subscriber. No, absolutely not. I have no idea how any of you people are. I have gone on to look at the comments exactly once, and I decided that if I continue to do that, I would in fact become the joker.
Speaker 4: Oh I love the first day I looked, and somebody's talked about masturbating to us, and here's our here's.
Speaker 2: Our honestly somewhat like I mean, it's it's great, like one hundred thousands. Fine, it's a start. We're above that now, but uh, I don't know.
Speaker 3: There you go, black buddy. We got a plaque.
Speaker 2: Finally, finally, I've never had a plaque before.
Speaker 3: Daniel, Where's mine?
Speaker 2: This like Fox the light in the room, I can like I I can like doing a Z's light on myself while I look at ancient hieroglyphs that reveal the aliens that have been coming to Earth for thousands of years to direct civilization, which is relevant to today's episode.
Speaker 4: I just want to address the color of my drink because it's very strange colored.
Speaker 2: Before before we start, I feel like.
Speaker 3: Weird.
Speaker 4: I just want to address it because it's so alarmingly strange.
Speaker 2: Look, look, you know what I'm calling it into this bit using my powers as a judge.
Speaker 3: No, I just want to address the color that left real dense ship. Robert, you've already destroyed it. Well done. Anyways, back to this. This is not a robust mallet either. YouTube. Back to the color of my drink. Hips are critical the bottle.
Speaker 4: The bottle is tinted purple and it's electrolyte water because I'm preventing myself from getting another kidney stone.
Speaker 2: So hey, that's great. I'm immune to all problems except for I'm actually fighting something. So I've got a cough right now. I'm not immune to anything.
Speaker 3: This is really a bad intro to the podcast.
Speaker 2: It's a terrible interest, Sophie, because I had a great lead in where I was talking about how like this is like in the start of Fifth Element where Aziz is using the mirror to direct light to the guy. Look at the hieroglyphs. Because the aliens that keep coming back to guide humanity. We're back, and today we are talking about aliens that have been guiding humanity forever. It is a book episode. Everybody Huzza, huzza, Praise be. And it's a book episode that is getting We're not getting into this QAnon shit. We're going behind those bastards, and we are talking about a set of myths and a couple of specific authors who are at the very beginning the beautiful, hopeful birth of the UFO movement, which today is filled with a lot of people who are just basically Nazis. But back in the day, it was a lot of fun. Molly, you remember the good UFO movement.
Speaker 3: Don't you.
Speaker 2: Back when it was pure, it was pure, it was beautiful. I got reminded of that, of that special time, that special time and place. And by place, it's like Taus, New Mexico, Mount Shasta, California, and a couple of other small desert and or Pacific Northwest towns. But a friend of mine went down to a part a small town. I don't want to get this person is a public figure, so I am fine talking about them in their Airbnb, but I don't want to give too much detail because people, you know, be creeping. But they were at a small town in northern California, and they texted me from it saying, I think this Airbnb is owned by a cult, and then three minutes later I think the cult might be Nazis.
Speaker 3: So many such cases.
Speaker 2: First off, I had a little just like sit down, went and bought a cigarette, smoked it, just like, so I'm the guy that like, if my friends think they've stumbled into a Nazi trap house like that, that I get the tell right, Like, that's that's that's just And I know you're that You're that person for so many people, Molly, That's part of what I've brought you in. I would say if I were to stumble into a Nazi trap house, I would start texting you and being like, Molly, Molly, I need some help. I think I recognize these sigils.
Speaker 3: I'd have those property records in an instant for you.
Speaker 2: So I looked into it, and the good news is that I don't think they're Nazis. They just talk a lot about seeing Nazi UFOs, which was a thing in the fifties sixties Ufo movement. That does not mean that they are fascists. So that's the good part. And I told them after I looked into this, this fella whose books were strewn about the house or book they had a number of books strewn about the house that were specifically about Venusian space, magic and Venusian medicine, by which it main medicine and magic from Venus.
Speaker 3: I don't think you can go there, you know, you would think.
Speaker 2: That, Molly, But actually there's been a long and proud history of people from Venus coming to the United States to deliver us. By some accounts, the iPhone that was actually from a season of American horror.
Speaker 3: Story women, right, only women are from Venus. No, not at all. True.
Speaker 2: Men who look like extras from an early David Lynch movie are from Venus. It's entirely possible David Lynch himself was from Venus, based on some of the photographs that I've got here. So I looked into this, and she actually ordered a copy of one of the books that she found there. But as I was looking into it, I was like, I don't think these people are Nazis, and she said, and I was like, so they might be harmless. And the next response I got from her was, do you want me to send you all the pictures the owner of this house has of himself with like thirty young white women and dresses. So immediately we're back to Oh okay, this could be going in a bad direction again.
Speaker 3: And he's obviously very proud of these things because he did not put away his personal items before renting out the house. He as asolutely did.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 2: These are She said that every single corner of every rooms has a crystal. And when I say a crystal, I'm not talking about like your friend who is in the crystals and buys like little ones that they keep in bags or like you know, we're a on their neck. I am talking like crystals that cost thousands and thousands of dollars and are like four feet high, Like like every single room has these things in them.
Speaker 3: Oh, that's all market. Yeah, she took.
Speaker 2: Pictures of them. I remember seeing them. She now claims all of the pictures have disappeared from her phone. And I can only think of a supernatural explanation for this. It can't be something to do with uploading them to the wrong cloud service or whatever. This has to be the it the aliens.
Speaker 3: Aliens. I mean, if they invented the iPhone, they know how to get the pictures off the iPhone. That's right, right, baby stuff?
Speaker 2: And we all know American horror story is uh what's that? What's that term Alex Jones uses for media that's trying to prepare you for the truth?
Speaker 3: Predictive program Predictive programming, right, because the ultimate existential evil we all face, Yeah, plays by a certain set of rules and they have to tell you what they're gonna do. I do. I do love that.
Speaker 2: That's like right up there with God hiding dinosaur bones to trick people.
Speaker 3: I gave you all the clues.
Speaker 2: I give you all the clues. Why didn't you figure it out? Mister policeman. So one of the key people behind this this because the specific chunk of alien weirdos that we're talking with today, and this includes the guy who own that house, is people who either think they are from Venus, they are in contact with people from Venus, or people from Venus have come here in order to help us. And kind of the foundational member of the or the foundational like figure in this movement is a fella named Valiant four.
Speaker 3: And no it's not.
Speaker 2: Oh oh Molly, you're gonna love this. But when I say, when I say, looks like a guy from a David Lynch movie, I'm gonna I'm gonna have to I'm gonna have to put.
Speaker 3: On my give you my screen here. I love a fun name, like the nine to eleven truth guy who called himself able danger.
Speaker 2: Yeah, able to that's a good name. That's a good name, and again so unlike actual spy name. So this is Valiant thor In. I believe the sixties he started showing up at UFO conventions claiming to be a man from Venus with an IQ of twelve hundred and first off, I gotta say the burden of proof is on people to convince me he is not from Venus, because look at that. No mortal human could keep that much gel in their hair. It's simply not possible.
Speaker 3: I mean they had palmades back then that the FDA has taken to us.
Speaker 2: They did, but that is simply more dapper dan than could fit on a human male scalp.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 4: Gavin Newsom, JJ reddick a lot of jel.
Speaker 3: He does look a little like Gavin Newsom.
Speaker 2: Yeah, have we checked out Gavin Newsom's birth certificate?
Speaker 3: Is he possibly from Venus? You've just invented a new kind of birtherism. We're in dangerous territory.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but look at that man he's got a pocket square. He does look like he just stepped off of like the fucking oh, what's that highway? David Lynch movie Garrison keeps showing me.
Speaker 3: I just watched Blue Velvet for the first there's some Blue Velvet guy in this guy's look.
Speaker 2: I'm sure David Lynch was familiar with the story of Valiant Thor.
Speaker 3: I have no doubt about that.
Speaker 2: And as a spoiler, one area thing we're gonna get into today that I'm excited about is what I am absolutely certain is a photo that inspired Jordan Peele to make the movie Nope, or that helped to inspire was one of the one of the inspirations behind the movie Nope. So stay tuned for that, my friends. But first, so, Valiant Thor is like the first of these guys, and he he claims like apparently to have landed. I'm actually gonna read this is from his Amazon author page because he Valiant Thor wrote a frustrating number of books. Molly, like Steven, I haven't read all of them, No, of course not. I have been reading bits and pieces of Valiant Thor lore since I was like eighteen seventeen or eighteen on March sixteenth, nineteen fifty seven, a strange craft landed in a farmers field in Alexandria, Virginia. Local police arrived on scene with guns drawn, expecting the worst. They were surprised to find what appeared to be a dapper, unarmed man stepping out of the craft. They were even more surprised when the man telepathicpathically asked to speak with the president. Over the next few days, the visitor would meet with President Eisenhower deep within the Pentagon. According to Valiant Thor, he was sent here by the Galactic Council to convince humanity to shy away from their use of nuclear weapons. Thor and his co pilots Indrid Cold, Carlo Ardo, and Terry Rist which has in parentheses Demo Hassan. I haven't looked into all of these names, but neither of those are real. Claim they hailed from the planet Venus. These Venusians were humanoid in appearance and were photographed at Gray Barker's UFO convention at Howard Manger's Farm in nineteen fifty eight, espectually before the sixties. This is Birth of the UFO forty seven is Roswell right and things take some time to spin up. This is the absolute like proto history of American conspiracism, right like we are. We are at the at the foundations here, Thor convinced President Eisenhower could be create a Council against the Use of nuclear weapons. However, the committee was repeatedly blocked by members of the CIA and d OD that were decided to switch gears and enlist the help of Barker in making contacts with humans and all spheres of life. By building relationships with certain influential people and promoting those relationships through Barker and other publishers, Thor was finally able to put a stop to want a nuclear testing. So if you're ever wondering why did we stop nuking Nevada, which the Heritage Foundation wants to start doing again, it was valiant Thor and I we might he might come back, Molly, we might get this guy back to save us.
Speaker 3: We need we need him back. One based on what I know so far, we need him back.
Speaker 4: One note on the spelling. Just because you can easily get to a like southern heavy metal band from North Carolina.
Speaker 3: Who is named after the guy. Yeah, did you listen to any of their songs. Are they good?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 4: I have not.
Speaker 3: But it's a Valiant with an A and thor one R.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like Prince Valiant, the old cartoon that none of us remember. So unless Prince Valiant was spelled differently, it's been a long time since I saw one of those cartoons. Now, if you're saying, Molly, this sounds great, Robert, obviously, I want to believe that Valiant thor saved the world from nuclear weapons. But hey, isn't this exactly the plot of the nineteen fifties movie The Day the Earth Stood Still? I wasn't asking, Oh, well, there's a movie that my dad made me see called The Day the Earth Stood Still. That's about an alien landing in DC and telling everyone, Hey, I represent the Galactic Council basically, and you guys really need to stop it with the fucking nukes.
Speaker 3: The movie came out before Oh well, you know what, let's let's look into that.
Speaker 2: Let's look into that, Molly so.
Speaker 3: Like, could he have seen this movie? Perhaps?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was my immediate assumption. Nineteen fifty one. Yes, absolutely, nineteen fifty one, almost a decade before this, yes, so like, while he was.
Speaker 3: On his way here. He sort of beamed that idea down so that we would be prepared for it. He absolutely did. He copying the movie, the movie's predicted program.
Speaker 2: No, the movie is the movie was preparing us for the arrival of Valiant Thor, so we would understand. So that obviously the most influential man in the United States in the nineteen fifties, Gray Barker, who held the UFO convention and Howard Manger's farm, would be ready, would be mentally ready for Valiant Thor. Now, if you're someone who is still like, I don't know, feels like they just copied a movie, would it change your opinion on Valiant Thor to know that Paul Hellier, who is a Canadian entrepreneur, politician, writer, the longest serving member of the Privy Council of Canada and the former National Minister of National Defense for Canada, says that he's real well.
Speaker 3: I so, admittedly the UFO scene is not my wheelhouse. I bought up against it every now and again, but it is there. There are some guys in the UFO movement who use to have jobs that you would think would make them immune from becoming insane.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you think that. Oh yep, yep, like you.
Speaker 3: Sometimes he's like, oh, this guy used to work at the Ragons. Oh no, no, no, no, he's speaking at UFO conventions.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're all seeing the kind of guys getting hired to work at the Pentagon. Now I'm hoping that maybe there's like going to be less of that.
Speaker 3: Yeah so no, no, no. Knowing that he was in the Privy Council doesn't do anything for me because I do not know what that is and I refuse to find out.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: No, so it's one of this guy who is a kook and had some positions in Canada did a Reddit AMA and was asked why, you know, because he talked a lot. He really wanted to talk for serious topics. Yes, yeah, And his whole thing was I want to talk about the aliens that are definitely here.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: And he was asked by one of the people on the AMA, why haven't these species publicly announced their existence? Is it a galactic rule to avoid broad contact with an alien species until they reach a certain point of technological advancement on their own in order to deserve their own culture? Are we being quarantined because we are too violent? Are the human governments withholding their existence on their own for their own motives. If so, what would their motives be? And by the way, that series of questions is in order Star Trek, I forget that. Actually there's a separate sci fi thing that is the whole Quarantine thing, and then that's just the ax Files.
Speaker 3: Just do the Venusians have a prime director?
Speaker 2: I forget which, yeah, it's a prime directive. I remember reading a short story several of them that have the quarantine thing as the theme, but I forget the exact names. And then obviously X Files is the last thing. So Paul answers some have, as in some aliens have contact to us. Valiant Thor, the benevolent Venusian with an IQ of twelve hundred, lived in the Pentagon for three or four years, offered US Earth leagues a richer, healthier life in exchange for giving up our nuclear weapons. His offer was not accepted.
Speaker 3: I mean, I guess I can live inside the Pentagon. They do have a Taco Bell.
Speaker 2: They got to talk. That's all you need if you're a Venusian. Although according to the book we're about to read, no Venusian whatever read it.
Speaker 3: Aco Bell Oh, their bodies are temples.
Speaker 2: Only raw food, Molly, only raw food. Now, speaking of our bodies being a temple, my body is a temple that worships these products.
Speaker 3: Ah. God, we're back. We're so back, Molly. We've never been this back.
Speaker 2: So I think it's at this point that I got to show you the copy of the book that I found, or that my friend found in the airbnb that they went into. And look at this.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, you look at this beauty. Look at this gorgeous thing. It looks like Carol.
Speaker 2: Well, actually there is a you know what, that's it's insane that you say that because the front and back cover art is by Carol Anne Rodriguez. It's just weird that Carols and Carols. That's the word I'm looking at when you say that.
Speaker 3: Looks like she looks like she comes in peace right, She's got flowers in her.
Speaker 2: Being abducted. She's she's looked good in that dress.
Speaker 3: So the rainbow is the abduction tractor being.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it looks like the rainbow's the tractor being mollels.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but that's fun.
Speaker 2: I like yever, So this is all great stuff. This book is by Michael X. Barton. We're going to talk about Michael in a second, but first I got to talk about the guy who wrote the special introduction because his name is Timothy green Beckley. Timothy green Beckley ran a publishing house called Inner Light Publications. That's two words like this Star Trek episode that might be one of the best science fiction pieces ever made. That's the one with Picard's flute. Anyway, this has nothing to do with that. It also has nothing to do with Inner Light Publications, which is a black owned publishing company in Georgia that deals with much more serious works than Timothy green Beckley, one of whose books is MJ twelve and The Riddle of Hangar eighteen. And of course we're going to look at Timothy Timothy Beckley.
Speaker 3: You know we could we not?
Speaker 2: Could I not show you a picture of this man Shell be the man that would be illegal?
Speaker 3: I would I would go.
Speaker 2: I would go to podcasters Prison, which is just Spotify. Look at this guy. Look at him.
Speaker 3: I'm getting what a beautiful animal. Look at him. I'm getting like Jim Jones. I'm getting like me Andre the Giants nose a little bit.
Speaker 2: He does have a little bit of If you told me he was like Andre the Giant's cousin. I'd be like, oh shit, yeah, I can kind of yeah.
Speaker 4: Andrea then also giant.
Speaker 3: Andrea is like fairly guy that I wouldn't want to be alone with.
Speaker 4: Robert.
Speaker 2: You wouldn't want to be alone that said, I've never heard anything bad about this guy, but you wouldn't want to be alone with anybody who's two into the UFO movement. Now, Trey, you especially wouldn't want to be alone with him because he is now dead. He passed away at seventy three and twenty twenty one. Yeah, his his uh what you may call it obituary says he was the soul remaining Beckley of the family. He was famously known as mister UFO and mister Creepo. So you might you might not want to have been alone with this guy when he was alive. That's not a great nickname.
Speaker 3: Must have been a term of endearment. Because it's obituary.
Speaker 2: I think it was a different age. A pioneer in his field of ufology, the paranormal, and all things bizarre, he was a publisher, author, editor, producer with Interlight Publications, publishing over two hundred books. Previously the editor of UFO Universe Versus magazine and a film reviewer for Hustler Magazine. He ran the New York School of Occult Arts and Sciences and worked promotions for the School of Rock and Row role. He was a podcast host on k c R Radios Exploring the Bizarre with Tim Schwartz. Oh yeah, he was on Coast to Coast FM. Obviously, he was on What with William Shatner. You know, a fixture of the New York City nightlife. That's a thing that could be in a lot of things, given this man's age, in what era and what way, But he's a what I love about this guy as much as much as much as we're laughing about this, this is an extinct kind of guy, right like and in the same way that like this Tasmanian tiger is extinct, where like I want to believe there's still some of them out there, but I just haven't seen the evidence yet and it it is tragic. So some other luminary and so he is the publisher and as a spoiler, the actual author of this book.
Speaker 3: Michael X.
Speaker 2: Spartan is a guy who was writing stuff for the UFO scene in the sixties. He was an LA businessman whose life suddenly changed while his best friend became seriously ill. While praying, Michael found he was able to receive telepathic communications from more advanced souls purported to be living on a higher, more of all vibrational plane of planet Venus, which cannot be detected through scientific methods and can't be detective, that's right, and dropped off the face of the Earth at some point. Beckley claims that he kind of was able to get in touch with him, and he was like not doing well. So maybe all of this stuff doesn't actually work in the long run.
Speaker 3: Or he ascended to that plane and that's why you can't find it.
Speaker 2: Maybe he ascended. But in any case, Michael is just or Beckley just republished his books in the more recent period of time before he died, because like, fuck it, I guess, and I think that's funny. Before we get into this book, I want to look at some other luminaries that INNERLIGHTE Publications have published. These are like, so obviously number one is Timothy Green Beckley with fifteen books. Commander X with twelve books. Commander X, Yeah, Commander X has written twelve books for them. Ashtar Command two books, Hercules Invictus just one, just one book there, Admiral Richard Byrd one book, Let's see here, Dragon Star Rama, Chakra master Yogi, one book, another book. It's the Ashtar Command, which might be different from Ashtar Command?
Speaker 3: Is that a collective?
Speaker 2: Unclear to me at this moment, Mollie. But there's some great names in these guys. There's some great names here. And before we get into this book, I guess the last thing we should do, because I forgot to do this earlier. I want to go back to that the airbnb that my friends stayed in, which belongs to a guy who identifies himself and as a public figure with a YouTube channel as Paul of Venus. And we're just going to look at his website for a second. Are you down to look.
Speaker 4: At I've never even more excited?
Speaker 3: Are you down to look at this?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Okay, okay. Venus on Earth course is an embodiment Where does love come from?
Speaker 4: Love?
Speaker 2: Color schemes, ascension, galactic embodiment, oneness and technology, personal coaching transmissions Younger than I thought?
Speaker 3: Greetings to all. I am Paul the.
Speaker 2: Venus, an acension guide from the sixth Dimension on Venis.
Speaker 3: Photo please, I can't. You can, and if you know how to zoom in, I.
Speaker 2: Can't enhance, So yeah, I can't enhance plus plus Okay, God damn, I don't have command. Let's see it control. Yeah, they're fine, You're happy. You're happy zooming in on his picture for you listening, It just looks like a guy in his like twenties or thirties.
Speaker 4: I was just trying to figure out if he was like holding a stack.
Speaker 3: Of those hats with like a little walking some mountain.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's walking around the Mount Shasta area. That's what it looks like.
Speaker 3: Like he's left in the lens flare because it makes him look he's left in.
Speaker 2: The lens flair. He just looks like a guy. There's nothing, nothing wrong with the way he looks. What I really want to get into is reading his introduction of himself, I thought he would be old.
Speaker 3: I did too.
Speaker 2: I thought, because this is this is old, Like this book again is from the sixties, and it's based on like Valiant thor stuff which spart starts in the fifties. Timothy Green Beckley is like an older figure in ufology and conspiracy culture, like these guys are our contemporaries and and honestly, in some cases like predecessors of like fucking the people who came before Alex Jones. You know this is not like new stuff. But Paula Venus does appear to be fairly young. I am Paula Venus, an ascension guide from the sixth dimension on Venus, a paradisical planet. I'm delighted to introduce you to a remarkable opportunity to expand your understanding of energy, ascended masters, human embodiment, and ascension.
Speaker 3: So that's good.
Speaker 2: You know, maybe check them out if you want to ascend.
Speaker 3: I do want to harness the energy of a sacred location for holographic healing. You're always saying that.
Speaker 2: And look, I know, because I'm into ufology, that there are mushroom aliens living at the center of Mount Shasta. So go find them, folks, Go hike up right now is a great time of the year. Just whatever your street clothes are, don't bring extra food, don't bring zero degree sleeping bags. No, don't bring any methods of contacting the outside world. Just start walking up that mountain. The aliens will.
Speaker 3: Take care of it.
Speaker 2: You'll be fine.
Speaker 3: Harness the light harness the light.
Speaker 2: Two bigfoot hunters died about an hour north of me, like a week and a half ago.
Speaker 3: God, oh, obviously on the wrong vibrational plane.
Speaker 2: They were on the wrong plane. That's exactly what this book would argue. So, Molly, this book, Venusian Health Magic and Venusian's Secret Science is a beautiful work of art. There are so many lines in this book that just make my heart sing. And before we get into reading it, I'm just going to read you a blind quote that I found in there. Can you get a leave of absence for three months? I asked him? It will take about that long for us to carry out certain experiments I have in mind for contacting Venusians.
Speaker 3: I think you can get FMLA for that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that makes sense to me. Yeah, medicaid probably would help too. With the Venusians. You've got to call their Venus desk. But there's not a lot of not a lot of a phone traffic ahead of you there. Okay, so let's let's get into it. I'm opening this beautiful book and it starts with the introduction by Timothy Beckley, Timothy Greenback. He's just talking about his friend Michael X, how they'd he was a mystic who showed up and gave talks, you know, starting in the fifties and sixties, at places like Joshua Tree, where Giant Rock, where they would do these like massive early UFO things. Michael hailed the arrival of the Space Brotherhood, whom he believed we're materializing here to offer assistance in any way possible to elevate our consciousness to a more harmonious one. Their goal allowing us to join the cosmic League of Nations, a federation of spiritually advanced worlds who exist all around us in this or in other dimensions, whether we believe it or not. And I would say these people are like totally just like copying Star Trek. But to be honest, knowing Gene Roddenberry, he was copying some of these people. I don't know if he's copying this guy, but Gene was into this stuff, you know, like some of this is it's very murky because like Star Trek, it's going in the sixties, and they definitely both bleed into each other. But I have to say there is a degree to which Roddenberry is getting pulling some of his ideas from the early UFO subculture.
Speaker 3: As I say, they may have both drawn from the same original source that we do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Gene Roddenberry, there's a very good chance that he was having very strange sex at the same events where fucking the author of this book was speaking. Because that's.
Speaker 3: Riker is sort of a self insert. Riker was always a self insert.
Speaker 2: What man wouldn't want to be Riker? You get to sit down however.
Speaker 3: You want sitting so cool, you know, and bo.
Speaker 2: Jitsu, which is like jiu jitsu, but you all dress like the guys from American Gladiators.
Speaker 3: So just so into fucking any kind of alien.
Speaker 2: Absolutely absolutely, It.
Speaker 3: Didn't matter to him if they.
Speaker 2: Didn't even have care at all. He was a he was a twenty fourth century man.
Speaker 3: He fucked those nine binary aliens before anyone was even talking.
Speaker 2: He introduced the concept to of gender to their species. Oh, Riker. So when I said earlier, I saw a picture in here, and I instantly knew, like, oh shit, this is like something Jordan Peele saw when he was younger. That very much influenced the film Nope, which is a movie about both like horseback riding and black cowboys, but also about space aliens and cryptids.
Speaker 3: In the sky.
Speaker 2: There's a line in here. While the talks by Michael X and others were going on, it was not unusual for a UFO to be spotted at the Giant Rock convention.
Speaker 3: And then.
Speaker 2: WHOA, yeah, so these are this is a kind of cloud, and it's a kind of cloud that all these UFO guys think is a UFO cloaking itself. And they would show up above gat you would get get you get clouds like this in the desert. They would show up above you know, these gatherings at Giant Rock, and all of these people who were very much ready to see aliens would have the best day of their lives. And years later we got a pretty good Jordan Peele movie out of it.
Speaker 3: So anyway, maybe Jordan Peel didn't see that picture. Maybe he had it beamed into his mind by the Venusian ascended masters. I don't think you're considering all the possibilities here.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of different possibilities here. So let's get back into this. There's a section of this introduction by Beckley words of Universal Knowledge and Enlightenment, and he's talking about all of the years of letters and calls that he got by Michael x X and his teachings. The below communication is representative of the type of mail that crossed my desk desk, and this is a letter from someone else about Michael x. In about nineteen sixty five, I had the privilege to listen to Michael X bart and give a lecture at the San Antonio Street College of Metaphysics. Inquiry so what was a very small man and was well dressed. After the lecture, I asked in private what the X ment in his name? He said it was in respect to christ. Later on, I had the pleasure of meeting doctor Wallace Halsey's beautiful wife by the name of Tarna Halsey.
Speaker 3: JW.
Speaker 2: My guru and teacher once told me that Wallace and his wife were at the Giant Rock UFO convention and Wallace was talking and walking around with a space man who looked the person who I think looked like a person is what it's supposed to be. Tarna came up and told them that she was going to take a picture of them both together. The space person told Tarna that if she took a picture of them that his image wouldn't show on the print. This was due to the fact that they had been talking about very high vibrational thoughts and his picture wouldn't show up. Tarna then said, I have a very good camera and I'll be able to get your picture. She took the picture and the space person couldn't be seen. He then tried to tell her that he had told that he had told her what had happened. Later on, Tarna came back to her husband and the space person told her. Tarna that she could take their picture and he would be able to be seen on the picture. She then took another picture and the space person came out on the picture. Because they had been talking about normal things.
Speaker 3: He was changing his vibrations. Obviously, Yes, yes.
Speaker 2: I later had an interview with Tarna and she said she had demonstrated to a friend that she could become invisible to a camera. She was able to do this with her friend. She in a previous life, was from Venus. She later became the wife of the Crusher, who was a retired wrestler.
Speaker 3: You're saying a lot of things I'm not processing.
Speaker 2: Every single sentence in this week is like, can.
Speaker 3: We go back to the Street College of Metaphysics? Is this just guys outside.
Speaker 2: It's gotta just be guys outside it's talking about UFOs.
Speaker 3: Like the guy that yells at you in the street corner outside CBS, he's actually that's actually a street college.
Speaker 2: I got a PhD in street college. I've heard a lot of people shout a lot of things in the street.
Speaker 3: That's accessible higher education.
Speaker 2: That's I'm gonna throw that on my CV next to judge PhD at the Street college. And I have heard a lot of crazy people in San Antonio shouting things. Actually, oh man, Yeah, the world used to be so much more fun.
Speaker 3: But also now, was she using a polaroid or were these revelations that had to wait till she got back from wal You.
Speaker 2: Know what I'm gonna folks. You know, we're entering a new era. The security state has amped up. Make sure if you're going to be out there, you know, doing legally questionable stuff, that you're talking too high a vibration for photos to capture you. You know, that seems like good OPSAC right.
Speaker 3: I need to ascend to the point that I cannot be recorded by a surveillance CAMERAP.
Speaker 2: That's right. That's why all of those January sixth videos are so blurry. H shit, Okay, so now we're at the author's forward right. This is finally Michael X's seer of a new age. In his original writing Our Space Brothers, Venusians tell us that no one on Earth need be sick, or racked with pain, or filled with hopeless despair if the amazing health principles they have unselfishly brought to us are practiced. The health magic of the planetary teachers is intended for all of us Earthlings who have a burning desire to leave poor health behind us forever and go on to wonderful joys and activities that come only to the healthy. Due to the fact that the Venusians are much further advanced in their understanding of man than we are, they have learned all about the electric power that makes the human body function as it does. They discovered that radiant health and vitality could be stepped up by the simple means of increasing one's intake of life energy. Life and energy are both capitalized through a positive diet of highly vitalized foods and by a conscious direction of what they call lifetrons like life trons, lifetrons, Molly lifetrons.
Speaker 3: So are they selling vitamins? No?
Speaker 2: No, I don't think they believe in vitamins at this point. They believe in like vitamins is a thing, But I think they believe in vitamins is a thing that you only get through fresh fruit.
Speaker 3: So the Venusian health magic isn't something they're selling you. This is just you can just vibrate towards it.
Speaker 2: They're selling books about it. But the key is eating only uncooked, fresh organic fruit.
Speaker 3: Oh that's going to give you a tummy ache, that's going to give you. It's that's just the life trons working.
Speaker 2: I think you're allowed to have vegetables too. Look, first off, folks, we're gonna have a lot of fun with this in part one. In part two, this is not relevant to bTB because these people are bastards. And I include our friend Paul from earlier in that. I don't think these are bad people. Generally. This is a bTB because UFO culture, which they created. Well, not Paul, he's kind of a later descendant. But the guy we're reading from help create it, spent decades. Is this like pleasant and generally quirky background part of American life until it all got swallowed up by qwan On. It has at this point been essentially exterminated as an independent subculture, and we need a term for that. Obviously this is not like on the genocide spectrum, but this is like, weirdly enough, the destruction of a culture that did exist, that was like a thing that influenced American life that is gone. Uh, and that's I don't know like how we like there's not like a term for that really, for like the way in which particularly because it didn't just like people didn't just like stop being interested in it. It was like consumed by this other darker thing who used its raw material in order to like grow and spread. I don't know what we call that yet. Anyway, that's my one serious point for the day. Let's all think of a good word.
Speaker 3: I mean, UFO subculture has gone some bad directions, and I guess yeah. In terms of conspiracy theory culture in general, the best predictor for believing in any conspiracy theory is a pre existing belief in any other conspiracy theory. So it's sort of is contagious. It's sort of snowballs, right. If you are you have this sort of harmless belief in Venusian life magic, that sort of opens you up to this belief that the government is suppressing this. Why is the government suppressing this? And the sort of snowball into these ideas that end in you know, like satanic panic style stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, and yeah, that's that's that's a good way of putting it. And speaking of things that are contagious. Never's making me cough. But you know what, I'm alone in my basement, so fuck you. Here's ads.
Speaker 3: We're back.
Speaker 2: Oh, Molly, so.
Speaker 3: Did you get some life trons during the break?
Speaker 2: You know, let's talk about life drons. Molly's let's chat a little bit about life drons. Because when I heard the word life dron number one, I was so happy. I love this is this is exactly why I dig into stuff like this. I was like, oh, yeah, that that's the good stuff. That's that healthy, healthy shit. But I also naturally assumed that Michael X created that term. It just show life so idiosyncratic, right, that this came with this book? Absolutely not. And I want to read a quote from the yoga Pedia now, which, as far as I'm aware, is a completely reliable source on the sort of thing. Lifetrons is an English word coined by twentieth century guru and Yogi Para para mahas param haas uh param Haasa Yogananda to describe the vital life force, known by the Sanskrit name Prana. He described lifetrons as intelligent life energy in the body. According to Yogananda, the building blocks of life atoms come from electrons and protons, which themselves are created from lifetrons. Lifetrons come from thoughttrons of the infinite. Imbalances in the lifetrons lead to physical, spiritual, and emotional illness. For healing, Yogananda said, the yogi evokes God's help to correct the imbalances. That sounds good to me.
Speaker 3: So the so a lifetron is a subcomponent of atomic particles. So like a lifetron is like a quark.
Speaker 2: I think a lifetron is a kind of quark. That's uh, look, I'm not great at this kind of stuff, but that's all interpret.
Speaker 3: Is a lifetron made of thought trons or does it descend from them?
Speaker 2: In some home from thought trons of the infinite? So the infinite has thought trons which produce life life trons which they conglomerate to electrons and protons, but not neutrons. What are neutrons. Made of neutrons are not discussed, not discussed, not maybe not be a part of yoga science.
Speaker 3: They do not scyolipedia thought trons.
Speaker 2: As far as I can tell. Okay, I gotta say. Param Haasa Yogananda is a guy.
Speaker 3: Uh, he is a dude.
Speaker 2: Was a dude. He is super dead. Oh he died in nineteen fifty two. Yeah, he's dead as hell. This man was born in eighteen ninety a S three.
Speaker 3: So maybe his understanding of atomic physics.
Speaker 2: This is the autobiography of a yogi guy. Yeah, no, this guy, this, this is the dude. Steve Jobs was obsessed with his book, right, this is was one of Elvis Presley's favorite books. This is the guy who like started the US yoga craze and a lot of them.
Speaker 3: So do you think Steve Job knows about thoughtrons?
Speaker 2: Yes, Steve Jobs had strong opinions about thought trons. Steve Jobs was a lifetron guy. If you have done eating fruit, he shure, did MOLLI that this is that we have Steve Jobs read the book in our hands.
Speaker 3: There's no ways.
Speaker 2: When he got cancer, Steve didn't think, Thank god, I know about Venusian medical.
Speaker 3: Science, health magic. Yeah, he ascended job.
Speaker 2: This is solid argumented Valiant Thor and Michael X Barton murdered Steve Jobs. Well, see this is a really relevant behind the Bastards episodes. We are getting very behind some of these bastards.
Speaker 3: We're making discoveries. Where do we archaeology?
Speaker 2: So I should also note that when I looked up lifetrons, I also found a link to a company called Lifetronics Systems. They do audit energy efficient home automation. It does not appear to have anything to do with anything.
Speaker 3: They're safe, they're safe.
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna say they're safe because that old industry is full of untrustworthy companies.
Speaker 3: I'm not saying they are in an illegally actually smart house. I am saying.
Speaker 2: Picture get a different name. Guys, get a different name. You're stealing from the yogi who got Steve Jobs killed indirectly. Although actually I support that keep using.
Speaker 3: The name Convince.
Speaker 2: Can we convince Bezos to eat only fruit when he gets sick?
Speaker 3: That picture of him with the cooked iguana is the only thing I like. If I think about Jeff Bezos eating anything, I just think about Jeff Bezos holding that cooked iguana.
Speaker 2: Look, I need a cooked iguana. They're tasty.
Speaker 3: I just a terrifying photograph.
Speaker 2: People need to eat more reptile mean, it's delicious and there's lots of iguanas in Florida. When a good body part breaks part one, Oh, it is terrifying.
Speaker 4: I googled it.
Speaker 3: I'm scary.
Speaker 1: I don't like it.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna come out with my own book saying that, like fucking, what's a good planet?
Speaker 3: Mercury?
Speaker 2: Mercurians contacted me psychically through my bluetooth headset and convince me that the real way to end aging is iguana meat.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: Have you ever seen an old iguana? No, because they don't age. You eat their meat. You're immortal.
Speaker 3: Boom. I'm speaking to the Neptunians through my feelings right now, and they disagree.
Speaker 2: Well, the Neptunian Neptunian medical science is decades behind the Mercurians, Molly.
Speaker 3: Everyone knows that. Uh.
Speaker 2: The best way I know of to relay to you the life giving health secrets of the Venusians so that you will be able to apply the most effectively in your own life is by telling you of a certain remarkable experience. Jim Lindy a good friend of mine who I have known through many years, was the nucleus around which this most unusual experience revolved. It was through my knowing Jim and wholeheartedly plunge it responding to his sincere and desperate call for help, that I was plunged into a tremendous New Age adventure with the space people of Venus Capitalize everywhere.
Speaker 3: To that sentence, Molly, and now that we know that, like he's known Jim for a long time, we're prepared to accept this, yeah, valuable preamble.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he knew Jimson's fifty three when they were to when they formed the Interplanetary Contact Group in Washington State, which is absolutely a real thing.
Speaker 3: I actually looked this.
Speaker 2: Organization up because our author works with Jim and Washington for a while. They have a lot of people working together to try to make interplanetary contact, you know, kind of on an ad hoc basis, and then our author moves down to California to you have to read between the lines here, but he seems to live on a farm with one or more women who provide his food for him anymore unclear, Molly, unclear, He only made Maybe he's just really maybe just one unclear. I will say I don't know how to rate this because he talks about the woman who is specifically preparing his food, that he doesn't talk about like a wife, but does talk about with a degree of intimacy. And he lets us know that she's old but doesn't look it, which is better than the reverse, which would be she he's very young but old in her spirit, right, which is what I am Whenever I am reading the account of a guy who lives in the woods and talks about UFOs, I'm waiting for the fifteen year old girl, right, because every one of them. I've had this happen to me in real life. Once in Mount Shasta, actually, where I'm sure this guy lived, where a lot of these people live. I'm like hanging out my partner at the time, and I are just like wandering through a fucking farmer's market and we, yeah, we meet this this guy who takes us back to his farmhouse. You know, we're bullshitting and stuff. He's got a whole wall of bud Kay swords. And then this fucking like sixteen seventeen, very unclear, no one says he doesn't like she and he won't say her age. I don't really know what was going on to this day. We fucking booked it.
Speaker 4: I don't know us Robert, don't follow people to their house.
Speaker 2: I was very young and very dumb at this point. This is you have to you have to learn these things by doing them.
Speaker 3: No, you don't don't follow that advice?
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, don't. Don't actually follow absolutely none of my life advice.
Speaker 3: Kids.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, that's the best life advice I can give you. So, in fact, follow all of my life advice.
Speaker 3: Now we're now we're stuck in a quandary. Now we're stuck in a quandary.
Speaker 2: So I looked into this because I was like, oh shit, I wonder if this this organization is still around. The Interplanetary Contact Group seems like the kind of thing where there might still be like one elderly man like keeping a mailing list going after all of his friends died. No, but I did find out about something called the Interplanetary Networking Special Interest Group IPNI. It is a US five oh one to three c nonprofit organization affiliated with the Internet Society that is trying to figure out how to make an interplanetary Internet UH with the idea that like, at some point in the future will need that. I think it might actually be just like serious nerds trying to think through something that might one day be a thing. I'm not bullish on human survival in space at this point, but Okay, if I ever gets.
Speaker 3: Into a work camp on the Moon, I'm gonna need Wi Fi.
Speaker 2: So you I'm glad on Netflix that moon. That moon colony is not lasting long. Look anyway back to UH when a good body breaks, so he bounces. He's away from his friend Jim for a while, but he keeps in touch. They show up at the same conferences, and then he stops seeing Jim so much. Right, He's not really hanging around UH now he does. Note of his friend Jim. Lindy was by nature a spiritually progressive individual, open minded to the nth degree, Yet by no manner of means could he be considered in the least gullible. He had seen several UFOs himself in the night skies. They had been filled with awe and wonderment at the.
Speaker 3: Site, which would never happen to a gullible man.
Speaker 2: A gullible man would never feel wonder at the sight of a UFO. Well, that's obscene. How dare you suggest such a thing? What would will Reker say? He'd be too busy trying to figure out how to sit down backwards in my complicated share. On one occasion, a brilliant, glowing object of huge proportions was sighted in the sky near the vicinity of his own home. It circled the area twice, and then, with amazing acceleration, the bright object climbed straight upwards several thousand feet and headed in the direction of the horizon at unbelievable speed. Jim was so profoundly impressed by what he had been permitted to witness. No saucer sighting happens by accident, that he determined to do all within his power to find out more about the unique and marvelously intelligent beings who make their home on worlds far distant from this earth.
Speaker 3: So who's obviously chosen to experience?
Speaker 2: He was obviously chosen. So in nineteen fifty five, Jim's letters take a negative term. He starts to seem depressed, and then one day our boy, the author, gets a telegram. Because this is the mid fifties, and that was a thing that people got arriving at Los Angeles Airport tonight six hundred Stop.
Speaker 3: Can you meet me?
Speaker 2: Stop? Urgently important matter. Stop, Jim Lendy. I just find that nice. So I guess he's living outside of LA. I'm guessing somewhere near like I'm guessing Calabasas or like Santa Monica, the coast. Maybe the palace is actually probably any of the places that have burned down aside from Alta Dina. Good chance is where this guy was living, like almost certainly. So he drives to the airport, he picks his friend up, and his friend looks like shit right, And his friend's like, look, man, I'm a physical wreck. My health's been on a downhill to boggin slide. I'm losing hope. You know, I've been to all the doctors. My stomach's acting up. No one can do anything. I'm burning all on my money on these medical treatments that don't do anything. And you know it's bad, right, Like I'm fucked.
Speaker 3: Up and I think I'm dying. It's fruit.
Speaker 2: He needs fruit, right, So this is the conversation that happens after his friend like bears his soul to him and is like, yeah, I'm fucked up. The doctors can't help me. I'm losing hope. You've overlooked one important avenue of help, I said, as I turned my car off the freeway and headed for my apartment in the suburbs. I glanced quickly at Jim and noted a glint of hope in his eye. What do you mean the space people, I said, blood Lace. Of course, of course you've seen the Sausers just as I have. I know you believe the spacecraft are controlled by intelligent beings from outer space and must be far wiser than the majority of doctors on Earth. It might just be possible the space people have access to knowledge and healing methods far in advance of any we now have. Considering these beings have superior intelligence and understanding, your case wouldn't appear at all hopeless. They probably wouldn't be able to get results that to us might even seem miraculous. So you know, this is when our author reveals that he's been in contact with some Venusians, right he actually he's not just like bringing this up for no reason. He has two very good friends amongst the Venusians, Lonzara and Shalana of Venus. These advanced human beings for such they were had long ago graduated from Earth to the planet Venus and are actively engaged in two fields of service. One they hold important positions in the lifetronic healing center on Venus, Lonzara being a master healer and Shillana being his most valuable assistant in the great work. Too, they have a limited number of all Caps new age students living on our planet Earth, with whom they are in frequent contact by telepathy and other means. Thus, a network of key individuals, comprised of men and women in various fields of human service on Earth are secretly instructed by the Venusians, who become their cosmic teachers, and by releasing certain higher phases of knowledge to the key men and women of Earth at times as that knowledge is most needed, the masters of Venus assist in greatly lessening the suffer of Earth's humanity. So it all sounds good to me, Molly, do you want to suffer less?
Speaker 3: It can't hurt to try, right, And to try That's the thought process that undergirds a lot of very exploitative alternative health.
Speaker 2: And it is very fifties too, where it's like even these ascended human beings living on Venus. Like the woman's still got to be the helper, right.
Speaker 3: She's still got to be helping, Right's she graduated from Earth. But you're not from the patriarchy.
Speaker 2: But not from the patriot No, no, no again, you got to get to U. Fuck what was the planet I named a second ago?
Speaker 3: Mercury? Mercury.
Speaker 2: You gotta be They have left the patriarchy, Bob.
Speaker 3: They've graduated from gender.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they've graduated from gender. They're really racist against Italians.
Speaker 3: It is weird.
Speaker 2: It is like eighteen seventies stuff. I do not understand it. One of the last to go, speaking of not speaking of racist against Italians, but speaking of going. It's about time for us to go. Molly, you got any pluggables to plug before we end part one?
Speaker 3: Oh gosh, well, I guess you could listen to my podcast We're Little Guys. I mean, this episode is kind of about a guy that's weird. My show's about guys that are weird in a way that sucks a lot more.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, your show is downstream. I just talked about how these kind of weird little guys were kind of kind of annihilated as a culture and largely, they were replaced by your kind of weird little guys.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, guys, guys want to annihilate all of us.
Speaker 2: Speaking all of us.
Speaker 3: Check out Weird Little Guys.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and watch the movie Annihilation, or don't. I'm actually kind of mit on that film.
Speaker 3: I've never seen it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's okay. I think the book's better. I haven't read the book. I don't know what I'm talking about. Don't listen to me, go to out.
Speaker 3: I love you Christ.
Speaker 1: Behind the Bastards is a production of cool Zone Media. For more from cool Zone Media, visit our website Coolzonemedia dot com, or check us out on the iHeartRadio app, Apple podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 4: Behind the Bastards is now available on YouTube, new episodes every Wednesday and Friday. Subscribe to our channel YouTube dot com slash at Behind the Bastards