Speaker 1: Wow, what's up everybody?
Speaker 2: Welcome into the NFL Fantasy Football Show. I'm not Marcus Grant. I'm Michael lef Floyal filling in for Marcus Grant leading the way right now. But me and Lakwan Jones, we are gonna be holding it down. Oh, I forgot to do Marcus's read. It's Wednesday, August fourteen, twenty twenty four where sleep is starting to become a luxury. Yeah, that is very true, especially for this guy. I can you catch him on GMFB every morning, bright and early. But yeah, Lakwan, I'm just gonna get right into it. There's a lot of football stuff to talk about right now. JJ McCarthy under one a full meniscus prepair and is out for this season. So and at the time of recording, there is reports going around the internet right now that Jordan Addison was carted off and suffered a serious injury as well. We will await official word on that. But what does this mean now that it looks like it will be Sam Donald, what does this mean for the Vikings pass catchers? Man?
Speaker 3: I mean, this might be a rough season for these guys, because, honestly, how I'm looking at it is the universe is kind of doing its adjustment because we already kind of figured that JJ McCarthy was going to be on the bench for some time until Sam Donald struggled, But now that he's out for the season, it's kind of like, Man, we're stuck with Sam Donald. So I'm really curious to see if we're gonna get like a Ryan Tannehill to maybe sign. And the little mention of Jordan Addison, I mean we kind of were suspecting some type of suspension, right, I mean, hopefully he's okay, man, But honestly, this is rough for the Vikings and terrible for Vikings fans.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I was fading Jordan Addison already. But Justin Jefferson obviously is quarterback proof. And for those who don't believe me, he played four games without Kirk Cousins last season. He was on pace in those four games if you made it a seventeen game pace for a hundred eighty seven targets and over two thousand and two hundred yards. So Justin Jefferson is going to get his But I will say I I already was considering this much of the offseason, but I have just went ahead and did it. I have now moved aj Brown ahead of Justin Jefferson, so JJ is outside He's six, but he is outside of my top five wide receivers as of right now. But do you have any interests and look not, I don't want a standard one quarterback league answers, Probably no, but maybe not. Any interest in drafting Sam.
Speaker 4: Darnold absolutely not. I mean even in the superflex leagues that we're in.
Speaker 3: Man Like, I can't see myself drafting him because we kind of know what he is like. He's been the same type of guy since he's had his exit, you know, from the New York Jets, I mean Carolina Panthers. He had that small spur where he was able to be relevant the first four weeks and then he fell completely off of a cliff and then we never heard of him again. And now he's in a situation where the pressures on he has to be the top tier quarterback to be able to lift this team up if they're gonna be dealing with all these injuries, because we have to remember T. J. Hockinson's also coming back from injury. And now with this reporter Jordan Addison, what's really left of this offense other than Justin Jefferson.
Speaker 2: That is a fair point. But I will raise you one Nick Mullins from last year. Nick Mullens, let me three. He started four games and one of them he threw for three or three and two and one. He through for four eleven and two and wan he through for three ninety six and two. Now there's lots of interceptions.
Speaker 4: He had more interceptions than the I'm about to say.
Speaker 2: I think Sam Darnold could be a very similar type of player where he puts up numbers because koc is going to dial up a lot of pass plays. They were the third highest pass rate in the NFL last year. But there's gonna be bad interceptions and stuff like that. So in a one quarterback league, I'm not interested. But in a super flex I can get especially in one where I wait on my QB two, which is what I do. In super flex, me Will Levis and Sam Darnold as my QB two and I'll get by. I'll figure it out week. So it gonna be stressed, but be stressed that I will get by when those guys are having those fun yolo type of games. Uh, good news a little bit. No injury is good news. Jamier Gibbs suffered a string hamstring in practice, but Dan Campbell came out today and said he thinks that he's fine. He does not. It does not seem like week one is in question. So are you still comfortable using a first round pick on Jamior Gibbs.
Speaker 3: I'll say this if I'm on the back end of the first round, No, because there's likelihood that he might fall to you in the second round with this hamstring injury being a concern. So it's more so if, like I'm hoping league mates are kind of panicking right now and you let him get by in the first round and say you're at the one ten spot and that you get him at that two of three spot, I honestly think that's a win to where like I can pivot and grab that primary wide receiver that I really want on the back end because Gibbs there, He's making me have some hard choices back there because you have Pokin Nakoul, you have Garrett Wilson, but Gibbs is so so explosive where you want to have that ten touchdown season that he had last year. So I'm like looking at it like this may be a win if you have other league mats, so you should be jumping in your league mats DM, Like, Yo, did you see the Gibbs injury, Like that's what you should be doing right now.
Speaker 2: See to me, everything you just said I agree with. But I will always take the wide receiver in the first round because I feel like there's a big tier. And you can tell me if you disagree, But like I put Gibbs in the tier with Saquon, with Jonathan Taylor. I'll even put like Kyen Williams, Derek Henry, and Za Pacheco in that team. Yeah, and I'm guarantee and Travis DTN and I'm guaranteed to get one of them in round two. I'm not guaranteed to get one of those top ten wide receivers with true ADP is shaking out. That is true.
Speaker 4: Definitely, that is definitely true. I didn't think about it that way. But hopefully, hopefully.
Speaker 3: In my home league, I can get Gibbs in my second round because I'm at the one ten spot.
Speaker 2: So yeah, let's get that gun. If you're in the Kwan's home leagues, take ten friends, listen, don't take them in the first round. I mean, everyone else, you could feel comfortable.
Speaker 3: My friends think I'm like on here playing fake and like I'm doing Hollywood stuff where I'm just lying about players that I like but I really hate.
Speaker 4: But no, they're not listening.
Speaker 2: It is the worst because everyone knows who you like going into drafts and they will make sure to grab them before it is your facts to select. Speaking of driving, right now, it is time to drive your draft presented by the all new hybrid Toyota Camry, and we are gonna talk handcuff running backs. So lakwan how handcuffs are always a hot button issue in fantasy right some people believe like I don't want to leave my drafts without my handcuffs. Other people are like, I'm gonna let my handcuffs sit out there, and I'm gonna grab other people's handcuffs and hope that their guys get hurt and not mine. How do you like to handle handcuff running backs and redraft?
Speaker 3: So in redraft, like it comes to situation where the handcuff needs to make sense, Like obviously, if you're gonna be risking it at all with Devon a Chan in those early rounds and you can get Raheem moster probably like four or five rounds later, why not make that handcuff so you can secure your situation here at the running back position, because honestly, you know my opinion, I've got on here and gotten them this mike enough to tell you that Devon a Chan is going to break a ton of hearts into twenty twenty four. So therefore, make yourself safe and get Raheem moster in those later rounds. So there's other situations where like Jamier Gibbs and David Montgomery that is a hot handcuff top topic, because like it feels like Monty might be going in the rounds where you like the wide receiver, so it makes it a little bit more difficult to.
Speaker 2: Pull that trigger. Good to call a handcuff.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but that's kind of what the situation is.
Speaker 3: Like, I feel like it's a Kareem Hunt and Nick Chubb situation where you can actually start both of them.
Speaker 4: They could both be fantasy relevant. So it's some of those.
Speaker 3: Situations where like, ah, I don't know if I can pull the trigger and redraft right now, being that you know, maybe David Montgomery might be going around some.
Speaker 4: Guys that I really really like at other positions.
Speaker 2: Which makes sense, and to me, see that's to me, a handcuff is not a player who's going in like the top five rounds, which is why like David Montgomery, I think is his own standalone entity kind of although a team last year my homely drafted him and Gibbs and rolled them to a champion. Wrote them it can sometimes it works, It easily can work. But where I like to target handcuffs is where there's a clear cut backup. I don't want a situation where like say, like's Denver Javonte gets hurt and all of a sudden, now there's four running backs on the roster and it's like we don't know what. No, no, no. That's why like Blake Korham to me, is one of the top handcuffs this year. I know your guy Tray Benson falls in that group. Ray Davis, I would put in that group. These are guys that if the starters go down, the backup can just slide in. Is gonna get Look, they're not gonna be what the starter is, but they could be seventy five percent of that or something like that.
Speaker 3: They'll get the touches. That's all that matters. Volumus key here, So I'm agree with you.
Speaker 2: And those are the situations where especially Blake Korm Kyen Williams has a history of injuries, Trey Benson, James Connor has a history of missing never has played seventeen games in his career, such as wild Those are the kind of situations I like to get my handcuffs. And now if I take Javon C. Williams, I'm not taking any of the other Broncos running back or something like that where it's a murky situation, but when we know it's one clearcut guy and the guy doesn't go for a very steep price, Yeah, I'm okay pairing them together.
Speaker 3: Oh absolutely, man, I mean I definitely agree with that. And there's other situations with Jonathan Brooks and chewba Herber. Yep, that's a great example of like, hey, I might as well grab Chuba Hubber because if Jonathan Brooks is not ready to go, we already know Chuba Hubber is able to handle as like a workhorse guy, and he's on third down a lot of times, and he's a guy that can somewhat run routes. So it's a situation there's really nobody behind him that can take those touches from if Jonathan Brooks isn't ready yet.
Speaker 2: Yeah, are you a grab your handcuff, grab someone else's handcuff.
Speaker 4: I'm goa grab somebody else's handcuff. I'm very toxic, leagues.
Speaker 2: I'm largely that way unless my starter is like Kien Williams or James Connor, is someone like I feel like this guy's probably gonna miss some time. Yeah, then I want to get that backup just in case. That was Drive your Draft, presented by the all new hybrid Toyota Camry. Whatever your vibe, it is a camera vibe. Learn more at Toyota dot com slash Camri. We're gonna continue, We're gonna wrap up, I should say, our division previews. We have one more division left, NFC East. We're a couple of East Coast guys. We're rounding it out with the East over here. So stick tuned for that here on the Fantasy for NFL Fantasy Football Show. All right, welcome back to the NFL Fantasy Football Show. I just realized Marcus doesn't bring it back from breaks like that, But I'm not Marcus. So that's how we're doing it today. We're talking like I said, NFC East, we've been going alphabetically the whole time. So don't assume that just because we're talking about your team last, that that think they're gonna finish last or something like that. Be weird. Yeah, don't don't be weird. That should just be a rule of life. Harder for some people than for others, trust me. But we're gonna start in big d Dallas. How about them Cowboys last season? Obviously, their top quarterback was Dak Prescott went on to score nearly three hundred and fifty points. Tony Pollard there RB one he no longer plays there, Ceedee Lamb was not just their wide receiver one, he was the world's wide receiver one fact. And then Jake Ferguson rounding out the tight end positions. Some key losses for them, Tony Pollard went to the Tennessee Titans, Dante Fallow junior to the Commanders, Michael Gallup was released and then retired, and some key additions. They brought a familiar face back home. Zeke after one year out of Dallas, is back where he belongs. Because look, you might not think Zeke is the same Zeke because he's not but I will tell you he looks better with the star on his head. Right.
Speaker 4: It was very weird to see him in the Patriots jersey, like what are we doing here?
Speaker 2: Something's just fit and that was one of them. They brought in Royce Freeman, Eric Hendricks as well, and no surprise, Lakwan first off the board for the Cowboys C D Lamb at pick two point two on average. But sticking with C. D Lamb, he is holding out right now. Jerry Jones making some comments off the wall a little bit, I would say he had to reel them in a little bit where he's no urgency. Yeah, we're not in a rush to sign C. D Lamb. Then he realized, oh wait, the season starts in a couple of weeks, maybe we should be.
Speaker 3: Here, and oh wait, my star wide receivers has the internet like what are we doing here?
Speaker 4: Like he's going to hear this.
Speaker 2: I love that. Michael Parson also retweeted it and was like showing, yeah, yeah, but how I keep up Until this point, I've been saying I'm not worried yet. I think it gets to work out. But at what point do you start to worry?
Speaker 3: I think more so you're worried someome comes to your draft day, because I remember in my home league a couple of years ago with the whole Zeke thing where he was holding out and then my boy was able to get Zeke in like the tenth round just because he was holding out. But then it's like once he came back, it was kind of like the great value there. So I'm really not out to worry if he's going to hold out because that might just make CD Lamb's price drop down a bit to where like, okay, well I'll just get him at a discount price if you know the room is stort heating up, that he's going to hold out into the season.
Speaker 4: Like I always love those situations.
Speaker 3: But then I always remember when Le'Veon Bell did hold out and you actually got burned.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, there's that. I just I don't maybe I'm crazy. I find myself a lot less worried with Cedee Lamb. Like he knows the playbook, he knows he is the offense. I'm gonna say, yeah, who is in the Dallas so like the volume is going to be there everything. I'm not worried yet. If this is still going on after the preseason, sure then maybe I'll be worried, but it just makes too much sense for Lamb to want to get paid for the Cowboys to want to When they traded Amari Cooper a couple of years ago, they did so with this this day, and particularly like we're gonna have to pay CD left. There's if you could clip this and play it for me till the end of time. If I am wrong, there is no way Cede Lamb plays for anyone but the Dallas Cowboys in the next two years. I'm very confident of the two years. Yeah, because I think they're gonna lock him up beyond this year. But the only even if I'm starting to worry right now, like if I'm drafting the only wide receiver I could even see my Like if you want to go Tyreek Hill, I have no beef there because I think it's a one A one B. But I think those two are in a tier of their own, So I will not let him slide any further. You want to put see him ahead of him too, I'm okay with that. Three is the absolute latest I would let Lamb fall us.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, yeah, but you'll you'll get You'll get some people.
Speaker 3: Out there that are just like, oh, I'll just avoid the headache, and like I'm hoping I'm sitting at that four or five spot to where it's like, okay, I just got ceedee Lamb at the one oh five, Like thank you. Now I can restructure my strategy and my plans going for the rest of his draft. Like I love when you get blessed with those type of gifts because it's like, man, you go ahead and be worry Nancy or whatever you call it that I don't know the saying so negative negative Nancy or whatever.
Speaker 4: Listen, listen, it's close enough to what I'm.
Speaker 2: Trying to say, war or negative worry wart.
Speaker 4: I like that. I never heard that.
Speaker 3: At the end of the day, man, I'm not really worried. I'm not going to be losing the sleep over CD Lamb. I know they're gonna make the contract right, they got to pay them, man. They just better hope that Brandon Auk doesn't cash him big because that's gonna break the bank.
Speaker 2: This is a conversation for another day. I don't know why the Cowboys didn't sign CD six months ago. Yes for a J. Brown, before all these contracts got signed, Like you want to be signing before the market is set, not after, but just to put it in a perspective that he was their offense. He had a hundred more targets than any other Cowboys wide receiver last year, a hundred one one hundred. So with that in mind, Lakwan who is the number two target for the.
Speaker 4: Cowboys Number two?
Speaker 3: I mean it will probably look like it's Brandon Cooks, but I think Jake Ferguson takes a step forward this year to where like Brandon Cooks was great for what he was, but he wasn't seeing like a ton of volume. But Ferguson had over one hundred targets, and I feel like he will be more so the more reliable pass catcher that you know where Dak could really get bailed out in that middle of the field. Like I love his red zone president he had five touchdowns last season. I think we get a little bit more out of Fergson going more comfortable into the season because it's his first season removed from Dalton Schultz, I believe. So it's like, more so where I'm looking at, Dak has a healthy tight end target percentage. When you look at the last three seasons, it's a twenty percent target share. So I really feel as though there's a healthy target share where healthy volume's on table for him and you don't really have to worry about him splitting roles at that tight end position.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And last year he was the number two target. He had one hundred and two targets CD had one hundred and eighty one for context. Yeah, but I agree. I think it's Jake Ferguson again this year. And if you remember last year, at the start of the year, the Cowboys were kind of trying to figure out which tight end they liked most. They were using three tight ends and they would get like rotational in the red zone, and then as the year went on, it was just evident, like Jake Ferguson is our guy. Yeah. Not only do I think he's the number two target, Lakwan, I think when you so to me, there's a clear cut top six tight ends, there's the big four in however, or do you want to put him the Porto McBride, Kelsey and Andrews. Then to me, I think on the top seven. I'm sorry, then there's a second group of Kincaid, Pitts, Kittle. Yeah. To me, after those guys are off the board. Ferguson is the tight end I want most.
Speaker 3: Absolutely it's Ferguson and then David and Joku. For me, those are the two people I've kind of been stacking with TJ. Hawklake before off Mike we were talking about like that, like those are the combos that we were getting, so like, if you miss out on the leaks, Ferguson is the probably the best available tight end for you right there, just so you can get that out of the way and keep building your roster how you're building in the drafts.
Speaker 2: And look, we said, he looks better with a star on his helmet. But how much does Ezekiel Elliott at the ripe age of twenty nine years old, just turned twenty nine oh three weeks ago, how much does he have left in the.
Speaker 3: Ten Did you see that video on training came where like he came out of like the tackle little drill.
Speaker 2: He got hit somewhere and people were trying to.
Speaker 4: Not give you that pask listen.
Speaker 3: I feel like he was the old man walking through the house, stepping on stepping on toys and stuff like who's put this here?
Speaker 4: Like it was just like.
Speaker 2: Oh man, old man, zeke man.
Speaker 3: But twenty nine's not old man, but I honestly think his role will look a lot similar to what we've kind of knew what it would be once Toty Pollard.
Speaker 4: Tony Pollard got more involved in that backfield.
Speaker 3: I think Zeke what's going to really save him as his involvement in the passing game, because Zeke was not terrible last year, Like I don't want to put dirt on his name, but for the Cowboys standard to be able to be the Zeke that we know and love when he had that star in his helmet, you know years ago, where he was putting up over one thousand yards, like clearing it and not just getting to one thousand yards. Honestly, I feel like the roles will be split between him and Rico Daddle, But I kind of just been taking Rico just because, like I feel a little bit better, you know, about his opportunity possibly blossoming on the back end of that season.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I have them almost back to back in my rankings. Yeah, And the thing is, I have I think Zeke higher of the two because I think Rico is more explosive, but I think Jerry Jones loves him some of Ezekiel Yeah.
Speaker 4: Even if it's bad product, He's just gonna put him out there.
Speaker 2: He's gonna be like, Yo, get this guy the ball out. So I don't think Zeke ever fully fades, And I think he could be the past catching back. Like you said, Yeah, Rico was kind of used very sparingly there last year. He'll be I think it's possible we could see these guys alternate drives or something like that. But I think in the two minute drills and the obvious passing down situations, I think they're gonna bring Zeke out there. The rapport that him and Dak have over the years. They're best friends. Yeah, stuff like that. And look, this is what Zeke had six games last year where he was the lead running back for the New England Patriots. He averaged less than three yards per carry. It was disgustingly bad on the ground, but in those six games, thirty nine targets, thirty one catches, almost two hundred yards. I had him because I had romondra Stevenson. He was my handcuff. He helped win me a championship because he was just PPR in his way. It was growth exactly. He didn't want to watch it, but at the end of the dame, he'd be like, wow, Z gave me fifteen.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean at the end of the day.
Speaker 3: Like That's why I think will save his fantasy relevance and why you're still drafting Zeke because of his involvement in the passing game, and Dak is definitely gonna be dumping it down to him if the pressure's on, or if there's gonna be a design play for Zeke to get more involved in the passing game as he goes on, because like I said, I don't see Zeke being the ground to pound guy that we loved in once upon a time. I think that's gonna be Rico's role to kind of get some of those converting third downs, try to get some of those situational, you know, first downs.
Speaker 4: As well, because he gives you a little bit burst, gives you a little.
Speaker 3: Bit more you know, excitement out of that backfield to be the guy that can get outside, hit that corner and possibly take it to the house. I don't know if Rico has that in the tank right now, but I think he's a little bit more motivated that they didn't go out and get a Derrick Henry. They didn't go out and get a JK Dobmas. They brung a guy they're kind of familiar with and he's on the back of his career. So I think this might be a season where Rico might blossom into something in twenty twenty five.
Speaker 2: He I think, is the one that gives you more upside of the two. But I think Zeke's floor is at least to start the year. Like, if I needed to start one of these guys week one.
Speaker 4: I don't look, you don't want to be I hope you're not in that situation.
Speaker 2: I hope you're not either. But week one, I think long term upside Rico all day, but week one I would feel the volume safe.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Volan would definitely be key for you.
Speaker 3: And like I said, man, it's gonna be nasty, So don't go out there expecting, like you know, fifteen points from Zeke in week one.
Speaker 4: Man, this is gonna be a slow dog walk, so give us some time.
Speaker 2: These guys are going around to like ten to eleven for a reason, so you could even grab both of them and just hope that one hits because they are so cheap. Moving into your backyard though in New Jersey, I know the New York Giants, but he's a Jersey guy. You're Tommy da Vito. Hey was somehow their highest scoring quarter I was shocked by that. Yes, I loved Look, no one had more fun with Tommy DeVito than me with the skits I was doing on Fantasy Live and stuff. When I saw that he has scored more points than anyone else for the Giants at the quarterback position last year, I was a little shook it. Oh, sekuon Barkley, we know he was the RB one there for them. Gave you over two hundred and twenty points. Their wide receiver one was Darius Slaton, let's go at one hundred and fifty one points. And then Darren Waller, despite all the miss time and yeah the sad rap songs that he was writing, finished as their tight end one. He is now retired. Some key losses for the Giants. Obviously, Saque went down to Philly. We're gonna talk about that more a little bit later on the show. Serling Shepherd left the Giants. I believe he retired.
Speaker 4: I don't know. I think he is now the Raiders.
Speaker 2: Oh, he's on the Raiders. Tarad Taylor did not even need to move. He stays in the same building, but he left the Giants. He now plays for the Jets key editions Brian Burns. That was their big get this offseason, but they also signed Devin Singletary. There's a lot of familiarity with Motor Table and Drew Locke as some insurance for Danny Dimes Lakwan. I feel like a lot of us have gone full circle with mylik Neighbors this offseason. Like for me, he was my favorite wide receiver in the draft. Then he goes to the Giants and I'm like, I don't really love this landing spot. And now I'm fully on board as talk taking him as a breakout wide receiver. What is the earliest you're willing to take Molak Neighbors?
Speaker 4: Man, this is rough. This is rough.
Speaker 3: I mean they're gonna clip this, but it's rough. I feel like I'm on a full fade campaign of Molak Neighbors. But I would say, like the fifth round will probably be the earliest I would take him. But let me let me iron out my case. Why Like this is why like QB play matters a ton when it comes to these dynamic players, Like I don't want to say he's QB proof because he has not played.
Speaker 2: You really said on Fantasy Live today that Milik neighbors is ko.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, I'm sorry, but listen, I definitely heard you say that.
Speaker 2: Dude. That's what's crazy.
Speaker 3: But I don't want to say his QB proof is based on he hasn't played a NFL snap, And like, I think it's very important because there's guys that will have a thousand yards and have over one hundred targets with a high percentage of a target share on the team because there's nobody else And that's kind of similar to the situation where he's in. But you have guys like DeAndre Hopkins, George Pikins, Terr McLaurin, Drake London, and Garrett Wilson.
Speaker 4: All these guys.
Speaker 3: Were top tier target share guys, but they only averaging were capped out to thirteen Fantasy points per game.
Speaker 4: And these guys I can't really touch when they're going in those early rounds.
Speaker 3: I'd rather pivot to someone that has a higher touchdown ceiling, that has a more i would say not mid tier quarterback that can go out there and really or do some offensive drive.
Speaker 4: So it's like I'm still a little hesitant.
Speaker 3: Man. I love watching this film. He's like one like if we had to go back in time. Out of the Big three, my Lleigu Neighbors is definitely my favorite one mine as well, like definitely over Marvin Harrison and over Roaming Dounesday. But going to the Giants it kind of just took me back a little bit, man, which.
Speaker 2: I think is a lot of people's concern, and YE say, fair and valid concern. The earliest. I would take him his round three, which probably sounds crazy, but when you're drafting with people like us who do this every day, that's where you have to take you have to. But in home leagues, and I keep saying this, I think running backs are gonna get pulled up in home leagues because not everyone. The first three rounds are not gonna be almost thirty enough like they are in a lot of our expert drafts. So I think in home leagues there's a chance he falls to the fourth or fifth round, and I'd be all over that. But just like you, I love the talent. He was my favorite in this class. He is such a threat to win downfield, but he is just a threat to take a one yard pass and take at the distance for a touchdown. And watching hard Knocks offseason, you see how like he was their number one as well, he was Brian Dables number one as well. In this exactly, I think this offense is going to revolve around them, which is like I know you said, like Drake London as wanting. If Drake London had volume as a rookie, I think he would have produced, but it was the usage that really dragged him down. You mentioned Garrett Wilson. Garrett Wilson was a wide receiver one when he didn't have Zach Wilson out.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Joe Fla and.
Speaker 2: I think this is easily the best wide receiver Danny Dimes has ever had ever so and we have seen it before. We've seen it with Wilson, with Jalen Waddle, justin Jefferson, Jamar Chase, a rookie wide receiver like this, the elite guys I'm not even talking about like a first round talent, like top ten wide receiver picks. They just changed their offense and they changed their their dynamics. So I'm hoping that neighbors can have that effect where he's the Giants up yeah, just because he's so good. Oh, not someone I would want on at that price in all of my drafts, but definitely someone that I'm pretty bullish on. Now. I agree, I have him as a as a wide receiver two in my ranks. He's in my top twenty four.
Speaker 4: Top twenty four.
Speaker 3: That's not that's not even bad when we're talking about it, and it's like, I feel like it all depends on your roster structure of how you start off that draft. So if you go the first two rounds and you get a wide receiver, and then if Malik Neighbors is still on the board in that third, fourth round, then you can go ahead and draft him as like the wide receiver three slash flex in most of these formats where I'm like, Okay, I can breathe at night, I could sleep at night.
Speaker 2: Well yeah, brief at of course, but I could sleep at night. If you're not breathing, we got some problems.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, what's going on with me today?
Speaker 3: But definitely one of those situations like price matters, situational matters of how you're building your roster. But me, if he's still want to be my wide receiver two feels a little nasty to me, man, it does it just does.
Speaker 2: I get that, and a lot of the times I'm starting wide receiver wide receivers, So for me, he's a three in a lot of this.
Speaker 3: This is the year to do it, man, if you really are a fan of Laitue Neighbors, like I really feel like that's the only proper way this could be done without pulling your hair out every Sunday.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Next year, I think there is a very good chance that Milite Neighbors is going in the first round of Fantasy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because they're going to get a quarterback, right.
Speaker 2: They're gonna do something there, and he's gonna show up and show out as my man right here, likes to say, the entire internet and not not really just those fantasy nerds. Yeah. Came to a complete halt on Monday when it was announced that Teneral Tracy left practice on a card, was in an air cast, looked like it might be really severe, and then like an hour later and was like, oh, no, it's just a routine sprain. He'll be okay. So everyone was able to breathe. But is everyone's favorite deep sleeper right now? Are we a little too hyped? On him.
Speaker 3: H Yes, I think we're a little too hype because we also have to remember what offense he's on. We're on a giant offense that really couldn't produce much. Even when Danny dimes in those early games in the season, they couldn't convert. They weren't a high scoring team. And I think this is kind of the same situation with the only edition of Malik Neavis the Running Game. We still need to figure out Andy's behind Devin Singletary, who took over that backfield in Houston once Damian Pierce went down with injury, so he was a serviceable back, And that's kind of still the same situation. Like if you were watching Hard Knocks and you see they were talking about Devin Singletary and he's always been a guy that can produce. He's a guy that's been a serviceable RB one for a lot of these teams, Like even going back to Buffalo, like he really had you know, Frank Gore behind him, he really had you know, James Cook behind Zach Moss, and like he had all these running backs and he was holding them off just based on the type of player he is. So more so we definitely need to do a temperature check on how high we are liking this guy and kind of let him develop.
Speaker 2: I still am on board with Tracy right. Look, it would not I'm not saying Devin Singletary is gonna get benched, but it would not be the first time Brian Dable has benched him. Oh that is true, he has done.
Speaker 4: They forget about it.
Speaker 2: He did try to make Zach Moss a thing for a while and that just didn't work out. And then there was at one point when Dable was the OC, they just literally completely abandoned the run and there was a playoff game where Josh Allen in one half had their only rushing attempt. It was insane. I think Devin Singletary though, was a really good value. But the thing is Tracy to me, at least watching them play last week. Not only did he look good and that's why I like him because of the burst and the explosiveness that he possesses, but he played eleven of the thirteen snaps on the giants first three drives. He had all of their RB carries. He looked like the RB two. Now Eric Ray came in and played well after Tracy, but I'm not telling you to draft this guy as a flex or anything like that. I just like him as a later round dart throw. Yeah, because if something happens to Devin Singletary, he is next in.
Speaker 3: Line, No, most definitely, And like I always think back when he still was with Buffalo those last final six seven games that he was there in twenty twenty two, and it was like, I mean twenty twenty yeah, twenty twenty two, this dude was averaging over five point zero yards per carry and I was just like, oh, he's being very productive. And they started giving him more touches as the back end of the season happened, and I think, you know, Brian Dabo, hopefully he doesn't mention him again, because I really do like Devin Singletary for what he is. He's such a serviceable back man. Then he might hold off the rookie anday yo, man, you know, chill out for a little bit and let me get the work and get things going again.
Speaker 2: And the reason I think that twenty twenty two season and last year for Singletary matters so much more than his early season career because he shout out to Tyler Dune. He's a writer up in Buffalo, coming into the twenty twenty two season, he did this whole feature piece on Devin Singletary about how he Singletary himself was like, I am the type of running back that does not last long in this league. I need to add more speed and more explosiveness. And he went to a special coach to do so, and he has looked like a different runner he has, so it really has I think that is something to note again, just just a good backup that, like, I don't think you should be drafting him as anything more. Yeah than that. Speaking of sleepers here, and I hope we're on the same line of thought here, but Theil Johnson deep sleeper or.
Speaker 3: Not deep sleeper, for sure, He's one of those tight ends that if you know you miss out on your guys, you miss out on the players that you love in those later rounds at tight end. Like I'm a John new Smith guy, but I'm looking at THEO Johnson in some of those areas late in those drafts where I'm like, let me take some THEO Johnson just to see how this blossoms out.
Speaker 4: Because the dude is a freak athlete.
Speaker 3: He might be falling into that category where like, oh, Yeah, he's gonna hit the ground running no matter what. And this offense is Giants offense outside of the league, Neighbors, They're looking for guys to step up. They're looking for guys that could really start and hit the ground running because they need this spark. And you know, Daniel Jones needs that security blanket. He needs somebody that can really dump off and a guy like Theo Johnson's very athletic that becomes a had zone threat as well, so where touchdowns are definitely on the table.
Speaker 2: Man. That is exactly why I'm on board Theo Johnson. Let's go six six, two hundred and fifty pounds.
Speaker 4: That is a man.
Speaker 2: If he was in Game of Thrones, he would be the mountain. Like he is massive, He's gonna be utilized. I think there is a good chance he could lead this team in red zone targets, like because he is that big, I would expect Malik Neighbors to but I think the look. Plus it's also the situation. Like last season, I was super bullish on Sam Laporta. I did not think he was gonna be the tight end one. Let's start there. Yeah, it was partially because I liked his talent, But more than that, I like the situation he was in. You look at the depth chart for the Lions tight ends last year and you were like, none of these guys have ever done anything in R Well, yeah, and they went and they just used the premium pick on this guy. Now you look at the Giants, he has to beat out Daniel Bellinger and he's a tight end one. I think there's a good chance we see him on the field a whole lot for the Giants. I think he can be a top twenty tight end mate with a little bit more upside. And he's gonna go and drafted in almost all of your all.
Speaker 3: Your leagues, Like there's no home link right now that I promise you have Theo Johnson on the radar unless they're listening to this great podcast.
Speaker 2: And even in a home league, I'm not sure you should draft like I'm taking him in Best Ball and stuff like that where we're going. If you're in a deep league, yes, but in your traditional twelve team with like four or five bench spots, he's more of a name to keep an eye on on the waiver wire. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Watchless, watchless, Watchless.
Speaker 2: Take advantage of that.
Speaker 4: Watchless add all of the underrated feature.
Speaker 1: Man, you're not.
Speaker 2: Gonna remember them. No a month from now, You're not, But we will, we said Saku and went to the From the New York Giants to the Philadelphia Eagles. I have a little bit of a funny story on that, but we're gonna talk about what it means for fantasy as well when we come back here in the NFL Fantasy Football Show. Welcome back to the NFL Fantasy Football Show. So obviously the big news with the Philadelphia Eagles, but before I get into that, let's go through their top scores. It was Jalen Hurts, obviously, it was DeAndre Swift obviously, AJ Brown and Dallas Goddard. You all probably knew that off the top of your head. Key losses. Jason Kelsey retired, which I think is a big deal, huge, dal Letcher Cox left, DeAndre Swift left, Hassan Reddick left, and he doesn't want to be in with the Jets anymore either. Let's just their key addition, Saquon, Devonte Parker, and Kenny Pickett. First player off the board is Saquon Barkley. And I was in New York this offseason the day Saquon Barkley signed with the Eagles, and let me tell you New York like Tiki Barbera was on the fan losing his mind and like, I think he really wanted to throw hands with Saquan at that moment. Like it was so funny as a non Giants fan in live time to see all the Giants fans, I know, just freaking out that this guy not only left but went to their vision.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 3: Oh, it's getting real oppy outside because he just went to the Rivals, Like I could not believe this move, and then watching Hard Knocks, the move makes so much sense.
Speaker 2: How they.
Speaker 4: Like, I I what did he say on the phone?
Speaker 3: He was like, I told you where I want to be at and that was like a hidden thing to where I was like, he's talking about the money, he ain't talking about the situation at the Giants.
Speaker 2: I think it was twofold. I think he I think he's wanted to play for as a Pennsylvania guy went to the state. I think he's wanted to be an Eagle for a while.
Speaker 3: Oh for sure the winning team. As his daughter would say, though we're winning on the winning team now, yes, yeah they are.
Speaker 2: The Giants have had a lot of Sorry, Giant fans. We talked about your team very commonly a little while ago. Exactly it is time to see who will deliver. Presented by Uber Eats. So sticking with Saquon Barkley Lakwan more or less ten total touchdowns.
Speaker 3: A man, I'm say less, but I'm gonna say at nine it's gonna be right there, Like it's gonna be right there to the point where I feel like there's gonna be a great dynamic between him and Jalen Hurts where that red zone duty is gonna get split in half. And I really think that Sakuon Barkley doesn't have that burst to take it to the house anymore. It's gonna be more so close to distance of where a lot of his touchdowns are gonna come. And I'm gonna include maybe some receiving touchdowns in that nine as well. So I really feel as though nine is where I can set it. At ten, I'll be very very surprised if he hits more than ten.
Speaker 2: I'm going with more here we go and double digits. Look, I know everyone is gonna be like, oh, well, the Toush push, the Toush push. He's gonna Jalen Hurts is gonna volt Sakuon Barkley had the same number of goal one carries last year as DeAndre Swift. It's not like the Giants were getting to the goal line very now, and he had ten touchdowns last season. But even more than that, it's the best offense he's ever played in, best quarterback, best wide receivers. He's gonna get more scoring. He's gonna be on an offense at least with more scoring opportunities than he's ever been before. But even I like, I think Saquon was brought in because the Eagles are like, maybe we shouldn't be running Jalen Hurts at the goal line more than any player in the NFL did last year. I still think the touch push is gonna be in their playbook. But without Kelsey there, and with Hurts getting another year older, and now you have a running back that you could trust and that you're paying like Saquon Barkley, I think we're gonna see him get more goal on usage than people might be thinking.
Speaker 4: No, I can see that.
Speaker 3: I can see that just based on how Jalen Hurts was still a dynamic red zone thread even before the Toush push became like such a trendy thing, Like I do see that happening.
Speaker 4: But Saquon, man.
Speaker 3: Stay healthy because I have you in a lot of my leagues, Because I really feel as though this would be a great situation for him all around as a pass catcher on the ground and being in an opportunity to be on the Eagles who create a lot of scoring opportunities. So hopefully, man, we have a good fantasy outcome when it comes to Saquon Barkley and an Eagles jersey.
Speaker 2: This year that was Who Will Deliver, presented by Uber Eats, where you can get almost almost anything for game day, the official on demand delivery partner of the NFL. Order. Now, so we're talking a lot about Saguin Barkley, what his goal on usage is going to be, all of that. How much do you think Saquon impacts Jalen Hurt's ceiling? Not by much?
Speaker 3: Like we're still looking at Jalen Hurts as a top three quarterback right, Like I really feel as though he's still that threat even outside of the pocket, even to make the big plays by AJ Brown and with Davonte Smith and don't forget about Dallas godd It there man, he's.
Speaker 4: Still there as well.
Speaker 3: So I really feel as though this is an all around great situation having all these pieces around him where he could still be in that top three conversation when it comes to these quarterbacks, because to me, it's Josh Allen and then it's Jalen Hurts, and then it could be whoever you want to put at that three spot. It could be Mahomes, it could be Lamar Jackson, it could be even Anthony Richardson. Man, So I really feel as though you have Jalen Hurts still in that conversation as a top guy.
Speaker 2: As I wear for you listeners. I haven't Anthony Richardson right now. I've been shown it off all damn five off this year. I do think it hurts the upside of Hurts though, because if he's if Saquon is getting more touchdowns here the goal line, then obviously sake Jalen Hurts isn't getting those. I think Hurts could be more efficient as a passer like he was two years ago with Kellen Moore there. But I feel about Jalen Hurts the same way I feel about Josh Allen. They're my top two rated quarterbacks, but in a one quarterback league. I'm probably not gonna be targeting then because they do have more question marks that they didn't have last year. Like for Hurts, it's no, it's a new OC. There's no Jason Kelsey there. Saquan is there now who could be a threat to goal line touches, but he's still so safe. But quarterback is so deep that I will wait and get someone else. But in like, I have a super flex draft tomorrow and I'm kicking myself because I'm the third pick and I'm like the top two or just right, it's Josh Allen, Jalen Hurts, an easy layup. I have to now be the one to Ye and Loki. All three of the names that you mentioned are the three names. It's my home. I'm probably taking my homes, but I'm strongly considering Lamar and Anthony Richardson there. But you brought up Dallas Goddard. Yeah, how do you feel about him right now?
Speaker 3: He's in that middle spot of the tight ends where you're in those late maybe mid to late rounds, where you're still looking.
Speaker 4: For a serviceable guy.
Speaker 3: Like I think last year was not like the knockout season that we were hoping for him, But I honestly think that Dallas godd is still a serviceable tight end for Jalen Hurts because we already know there's nobody behind him that you have to worry about, because.
Speaker 4: Most of his situation early in his career was dealing with zach Ertz.
Speaker 3: Now, I really feel as though Dallas godd has always been a productive tight end when given opportunity in decent volume.
Speaker 4: So I'm not really like fading him.
Speaker 3: I'm not really at the point where like there's become another mouth to feed, because Saquon Barkley does become another mouth to meat. But I think the tight end spot and the volume that he'll see will be safe for me to go draft dallast and where he's going I am.
Speaker 2: I the closer we get to the season, the more and more I am warming up to Dallas Goddard. I think last year the Eagles tried to change up a lot on offense with the new OC and it did not work out, and Dallas Goddard was the one that paid the biggest price. He suffered the most. I think with Kellen Moore now an OC who runs a pass happy offense who likes to throw the ball downfield, likes to get his guys in motion and everything. Not only am I potentially expecting more scoring, Like, I don't think that. I think the Eagles offense is gonna look more like it did in the first half or two years ago than it did in the second half of last year. But like you look at twenty twenty two with the Dallas Cowboys, which Kellen Moore was their OC, Dalton Schultz was number two in targets, you could say the same thing about twenty twenty one, where he had the same number of targets as Amari Cooper, wow, for the second most on the team. I think Dallas Goddard, in a offense that could pass a little bit more than we saw last season, is set for kind of a bounce back. I think he's gonna be used like he was prior to last season, and I think last season everyone is forgetting how good God it was before that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's what it is.
Speaker 2: So to get him outside of the top ten tight ends right now, I think is a gift and one that I will happily keep taking.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, he's a reliable pass catcher as well, so it's not like you're going out there again, the guy that has all these question marks, I mean a healthy seventy to seventy five percent, even his highest seventy nine percent when it comes to this guy's catch right now, that's great for a tight end because that's the areas of where he becomes a security blanket to get convert on these third downs and even a red zone target as well, even though I know the touchdown department hasn't been great, but these are all pieces that are around him now where you finally get a running back that the Eagles can rely on, then a run game and do a great balance between urpo and then the play action and all these great things. This is where the tight end lives and breathes to be very serviceable and could be a fantasy asset.
Speaker 2: And last year you were paying top five or six tight end price again and now he's going outside the top ten. If you don't want to leave yourself with all your eggs in one basket, you compare him with an upside guy like Brock Bauers or T. J. Hockinson or David and Joku, who he spoke a lot about earlier. He goes a little bit before got her, but you know you could make that work and get two tight ends that you feel good about. And that's what I like to do if I'm waiting on the tight end position. All right, Last we we wrap with the Washington commanders, and I think the two of us might disagree on a couple of ye but their top scores quarterback with Sam hal running back, Brian Robinson junior wide receiver was my guy, Scary Terry mclaur and tight end Logan Thomas. Some of their key losses they lost Sam Hawel. He is now backing up Geno Smith. Curtis Samuel is now on the Bills. Antonio Gibson is now on the Patriots, as is Jacoby Brissett. Their key additions. They used the second overall pick on Jayden Daniels. This year, they brought in Austin Eckler, They signed Zach Ertz and Marcus Mariota. They might be one of the teams that you have to wait the longest to get their first off the board, because Terry McLaurin a picked seventy six overall.
Speaker 4: Yikes.
Speaker 2: So if you're in a ten team league, you're going six rounds without a single Washington Commander going off the board. But how many pass catchers do you think Jayden Daniels can support.
Speaker 3: If we're having Cliff Kingsbury as the offensive coordinator. I can honestly say two and a half. And now that half hold on that half maybe a guy that you know we're not really looking at, and maybe like an Austin Eckler. It maybe a Brian Robinson because I already know that Johan Dotson and Arry McLaurin are going to be locking up that one and two spot. That's kind of how Cliff Kingsbury offense kind of plays out, where they're gonna be airing it out and he's gonna have two of these wide receivers kind of confusing and causing a lot of headaches for these defenses. So that half, this is where I feel as though Brian Robinson Junior is so underrated as a pass catcher. Where he was splitting the role in Antonio Gibson. He was splitting the pass catching role even in the red zone Tonio Gibson.
Speaker 4: Where you think these.
Speaker 3: Are areas where a guy like Austin Eckler will come in to be a huge threat. I honestly think, man, it could be one of these running backs that ends up being very heavily involved in this passing game and they'll get pushed up in some type of fantasy relevance.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I definitely could. I could see that, or I could see one of the tight ends as well, like Star and then and then the rookie taking over as the year goes on. I think that's the route the Titans you're going to go as well. But uh, Terry McLaurin is someone that I think is underrated. I think Jayden Daniels you could make the argument that he is already going to be the best quarterback that Terry McLaurin has ever had. And you could get Terry McLaurin as a wide receiver three and I understand that that's what he's been the last two years. That's because of quarterback play. So you're drafting him much closer to his floor than you are his ceiling. And Jahan Dotson, I think you're drafting him even below his floor, like he's starting to climb in drafts right now. But we saw in the first week of the preseason he was playing in the slot a lot, and which is very surprising slot wide receiver for Cliff Kingsbury is someone that you want on your team. Greg George played in that role previously. More played in that role previously. He just kingsbury at a higher rate than most OC's targets. His slot wide receivers plus Dotson is explosive, so it's not like he's a slot guy that can gonna have low air yards and rely on yak like he can win after the catch, but he could also win downfield and you get him as outside the top fifty wide receivers.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's a steal right now because a lot of people are just looking at the numbers not really watching the film of how he is able to go out there and do the things that he's able to do. And he had probably at the bottom of the table one of the lowest catchuble balls in these last couple of seasons, Like Sam, how's my guy? But he wasn't able to connect with him very well, which made his numbers look the way he looked. Now I understand Johan Dotson is not one of the big names out there that you're gonna be wanting to take the risk on in the draft. But listen in those late rounds where it gets scary. After the seventh round, and I'm looking at Johan Dotson. You can absolutely believe I'm going to be taking those shots on him as a debt piece.
Speaker 2: All right, this is where we're about to disagree. I think Austin Eckler in or out.
Speaker 4: I am out, man, I am out.
Speaker 3: I gotta be out because I don't know if we're getting the Austin Eckler that we know in Love where he's sharing a backfield back in LA with the Chargers when he had Melvin Gordon to split with. I think we're getting Austin Eckler who's more beat up now where he's trying to find a season where he could be healthy. And now I understand that he is a guy that needs to be able to split the touches where you're splitting with a Beast right now, you're splitting with Brian Robinson Junior.
Speaker 2: No no, no, no no, no, let's just.
Speaker 4: No go on.
Speaker 2: I'm curious. Austin Eckler is the goal on Beast here, this was the goal on. This is my biggest beef is everyone is just assuming that and I'm not saying you, but the fantasy community largely are assuming Brian Robinson is the goal line back and I get it.
Speaker 4: You's an angry runner.
Speaker 2: You look, you watch him run, you look at his size, you look at Alston Eckler, and you're like, that is the bigger guy that I want there. But last season, Robinson turned twenty percent of his goal line touches to touchdowns. Austin Eckler, in his worst year, turned forty five percent of his goal line carries, And if you go for the last two years, Eckler's goal on carries to touchdown rate is double Brian Robinson's.
Speaker 3: Yes, but that Commander's offensive line was God, it was hideous, like they couldn't block anything. They almost had Sam Howe on a stretcher every single week. So I'm looking at their run game. What he was able to produce four point one yards per carry isn't great, but that's the ugly four yards that you want your running.
Speaker 2: Back to have at least to have that where it's at.
Speaker 3: I don't think Austin Eckler is that productive runner anymore, where he'll kind of be put in in roles where he'll be scripted in Brian Rominson Junior as to all the round guy as RB one. I think Cliff Kingsbury is going to realize that eventually midway through the season, where this could be his backfield, that he runs away way into the playoffs.
Speaker 2: See I not just like I think for that to happen, Alstin Eckler would need to just be cooked. Like I think. If Eckler is still I think there is a chance that Austin Eckler could look like Alstin Eckler rolled again. Because last season Week one high ankle spraining, we know that could be a season killer for some. He lands on the ir He comes back four weeks later and immediately, per per Austin Eckler straight from the horse's mouth, sprained his other ankle immediately, and then we know the slog that was the Chargers offense down the stretch. They had no Keenan Allen, no Mike Williams, no Justin Herbert. Their olan was extremely banged up. So I think last year was just a complete lost year for Austin Eckler. Now I do think he not only do I think he is affected near the goal line. I think the reason why he is so effective is because if they bring in Brian Robinson, the whole stadium knows he's running it up the middle. If you bring it al Sin Eckler, you have no idea if he's gonna run it, if they're gonna throw it, what they're gonna do. So I think that trickery a little bit makes it a little bit. It's more advantageous for the offense to have a player like that, in my opinion. It's why I keep saying, like, yo, everyone last year was like Jamior Gibbs can't get a job near the goal line. It's gonna be David Montgomery's. And I'm like, but Gibbs brings that Eckler type effect where you have no idea what they are going to do. So if Eckler could get some I'm not saying he's gonna be his old self, but if he has that old burst, I think he could run away with the job. And the only difference is you get alsin Eckler outside the top ten rounds. Right now, it is insanely cheap for me. And look, I have long since before it was cool. I go back to pre COVID when I was an alsin Eckler guy fighting on these Twitter streets here, and back then it was Melvin Gordon. No way is Elson gonna get goal on work with Melvin Gordon. There, I'm going out the way I came in with eler Man. I'm never giving up on u X so I'm hoping you are right. But at the same point, I will say, if you don't believe in Austin Eckler, Brian Robinson is also very cheap and and you can take your shots on him there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's very cheap man.
Speaker 3: He's the guy that you can get in those later rounds. I just feel as though if Cliff Kingsbury looks at Austin Eckler as the Chase Edmonds of the Arizona Cardinals backfield, I think it's more likely to lean to that fence and where he becomes the pass catching back. But I really do feel like Brian Robinson Junior is getting slept on man. But you know, we'll have a friendly battle man. But we'll see it's as you know, that's the John news Smith. No, no, no, we're not going blonde for every bet.
Speaker 2: No, we shave our head like aler. No. I'm good. Last look, there's another commander here, rookie that's getting some hype. Ben sanat the tight end. But they signed Zach Ertz this offseason we saw last year, like we were talking with the with Cooper and Cooper yeah over at Canton this year and basically Zach Ertz is brought in to train a young tight end and then he yeses and first it was Dallas Goddard, then it was Trey McBride. Do you think we see the same thing with Ben sonat absolutely.
Speaker 4: I think we honestly see him pass.
Speaker 3: The torch a little bit earlier, because it's kind of been that story with Dallas Goddter with the Eagles. It took some time for that torch to be passed, but then when he got to the Cardinals, it got a little bit sooner when we were able to get Trey McBride on the field and show how explosive he is and how great he is. Now, Ben Senna is not to be slept on at all. He's one of those guys that is very, very crucial when it comes to the middle of the field and create the open space and create after that. I love what I've seen on tape from Ben sennet to where I feel as though this torch may be passed a little bit sooner than expected, because I'm not sure Zach Ertz has anything left in the tank. To me, how I'm looking at this, he's a tight end coach in the room. He's basically going to be showing him how to install this offense because he's very familiar with it.
Speaker 2: He's worked with.
Speaker 3: Cliff Kingsbury in the Arizona Cardinals. So it's more of those situations where like, I like that they brung in zach ertzt to kind of jump start and install this system for the rookie.
Speaker 2: And that's why, because I'm with you, I like Sana as a sleeper, but I think he was one of those players that the person who drafts him isn't going to reap the rewards because I think zach Ertz will be a thorn in the side for at least a couple of weeks. Yeah, and we have to remember it is as much as I love Jayden Daniels, it is a rookie quarterback. There's gonna be some early growing pains. Yeah. I think Sanat like McBride could break out in the middle part of the season. And if you take a rookie tight end with your last round pick, you're gonna drop him before he breaks out there. Watchless. Yes, that's the type. I think. He's a watchless guy, not a one you want to draft, but I certainly think he could break out come the middle to later portion of the season. But lakwan, I'm just gonna hand the stage over to you right now. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Man, Uh, there were some news yesterday, man, and I kind of felt weird about it where I was hearing it, like I usually dump on Tavon Austin, like I usually use him as the bar for the speedsters, like it's either you go to Tavon Austin route.
Speaker 2: Or you go the Tyreek Hill route.
Speaker 3: And honestly, man, I caught myself watching a lot of Tavon Austin tape yesterday, and I got a little emotional, man, because when I think about it, like that twenty thirteen era, like it was very very hard to be a Rams fan, Like it was to the point where like you're literally watching the game just to see Tavon Austin do one explosive play, just to bring some energy to a Rams game because you're out there looking at this team, like, man, this offense ain't it. I Mean, you got Sean Hill at quarterback, you got a freaking Austin Davis at quarterback Sam Darnold, I mean Sam Bradford injured from here and there to where it's becoming hard to actually watch these games and be able to like enjoy it. So Taevon Austin, I thank you for the many, many years you carried this Rams team from twenty thirteen all the way up into twenty seventeen to make these games watchable because he was just so explosive man, and you had to honestly think, like, how is this guy able to do the things he's doing. Like the one of my favorite plays from him is definitely against the Raiders. He gets it off on the screen and he makes five people miss. If you go to my TikTok, I did a video just watching that clip, and I'm just amazing the things he was.
Speaker 4: Able to do. And he was also he had a game against the Colts real quick.
Speaker 3: This dude had three targets, two catches for one hundred and thirty eight yards, two touchdowns, a fifty seven yard game, yes his Randy Moss game, a fifty seven yard touchdown, and an eighty one yard touchdown. This is the type of player he was, and just you just wish that he had a better situation, a better offensive mind coach, and a better quarterback, a consistent quarterback that could stay healthy. Man one of those players that the fantasy numbers don't do just now. He was a better real life player.
Speaker 2: And hey, look, we'll always have his college tape because the college tape Man, the best college tape. Like throw down one day and sit back and enjoy because exactly you're in for retreat. It is some of the best tape you will ever watch. But that is gonna do it for us today. We held it down while Marcus is out. The degenerates. Two degenerates here talking some fantasy football. That'll do it for this edition of the NFL Fantasy Football Podcast. Stay happy, safe and healthy, do good and live well, and we'll talk to you tomorrow.