Speaker 1: Hey, everyone, welcome back to Bachelor halfy how I'm Joe, I'm Serena, and today we are doing something very different because a friend of ours, pilot Pete, is coming on.
Speaker 2: What we are gonna do is we watched his first episode as of being the Bachelor, and we're going to recap that episode because why not. We don't have anything else to do it it's gonna be fun. But before we do, we have some a pretty big announcement. I was kind of shocked when I saw it. I saw it on Twitter. Rob Mills tweeted it that the Golden Bachelorette is Joan from Gary season, which is the only season.
Speaker 3: It does make it really easy when it's like, oh, Joan from the Golden Bachelor. Because there's only been one season of the Golden bacheler it's like very easy to keep track of contestants. There's only been one season for now.
Speaker 2: But talk to us in a few years and it's gonna be not as easy. So what do you think about Joe?
Speaker 4: I think it's great.
Speaker 3: Honestly, she would have been in like some of the people that I would assume they were considering for Golden Bachelor. I mean, she's ridiculously beautiful. She has you know, she's lost her husband. I know her and Gary connected on that. So we did learn a lot about her and her story despite the fact that she left in like episode three, which was really early on in the season. But I feel like she did make such an impact And she left because her daughter was struggling with her mental health after having a baby, and she went to support her daughter. So I think that really touched a lot of the viewers with that story, and like she's a mom, you know, and she talks about taking care of her kids, taking care of her parents that like in between eras, so like, I don't know, I just feel like she's someone that, like I feel like I know a lot about considering she was only in three episodes. Yeah, Like usually I would be like, no, she went home with three, like there's there's no way, But like you did really get to know her from like her one on one all the way to the way until All Slash finale.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I mean that's fair. After listening to you talk, I was like, oh, yeah, you know all that. That is actually a lot to know. I think Gary would have chosen her.
Speaker 3: You said that before I thought she was.
Speaker 2: Like the heavy favorite. Just when we talked to Gary the first time, just him defining the woman that he is into, it seemed like she checked all those boxes. Yeah, she's she makes sense because just you know, like she's attractive. I see a lot of men in their late sixties and seventies that would like love to date her, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, said she's beautiful, Like yeah.
Speaker 2: Like I feel like when those guys were in their teens, like that was the girl that was all over Sports Illustrated and was like the model, was like the blonde here, blue eyes woman.
Speaker 3: Yeah right, I totally agree.
Speaker 2: So I see a lot of guys going crazy for her. Yeah, it's interesting. I wonder I wonder after Gary split if he ever reached back out to Joan.
Speaker 4: I've thought about that after the divorce.
Speaker 3: I've wondered if he's gone and DMed any of the women from his season and been like, hey, you want to try again?
Speaker 2: I mean why not?
Speaker 3: I mean why not? But apparently it wasn't Joan. Unless you know, Gary decides to roll up Night one and be a contestant this time around.
Speaker 2: How many guys do you think they're going to be able to get?
Speaker 4: I mean, I think a full cast, you know, like.
Speaker 2: What, I don't know what was the full cast for I.
Speaker 3: Want to say it was around twenty five, twenty something, Yeah, around like mid twenties.
Speaker 2: Now what do we think Jones type is?
Speaker 3: Hmmm? See, Gary and Joan were kind of giving like siblings or dating. You know that that thing where it's like are they siblings or are they dating? Because I kind of look alike. I could see her being into like a similar type to Gary, like tall blonde.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, wow, Yeah, both Golden Leads are Golden are actually Golden.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I don't know if that's a coincidence or not, but like it really does look great in the promost.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, but they put them the.
Speaker 3: Back side by side. They're like really like the man in the male and female version of each other in a way.
Speaker 2: Wow, siblings are dating? Yeah, definitely, I definitely get that. They but yeah, she and she had left because her daughter really needed her and then she went home.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: How old is Joan?
Speaker 4: She's in her early sixties, she's like sixty one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I think, yeah, I think she's gonna be good. I'm excited. I'm very excited. I'm more excited for Golden Bachelorette than I was for Golden Bachelor.
Speaker 4: Because you want to see all the sixteen seventy year old men.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm very intrigued by the casting for this show.
Speaker 2: I just don't know, such a good job.
Speaker 3: With the casting for Golden Bachelor too, And I feel like that was a big question mark of like what's this going to be? Like who are they going to get for this show? So I'm really curious, like when they released that like group photo cast of women, like I'm waiting for that group photo cast of.
Speaker 2: Men, and yeah, me too. And Joan is Joan lives in California, right, She's a local Californian issue, I think. So I'm like, I'm like pretty sure.
Speaker 4: And we met Joan. We had the chance to meet her.
Speaker 2: You met her when we were at the The first time we meet her was in the mansion, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we went to the Golden Bouchelor finale party that was hosted at the Bouchler mansion.
Speaker 2: Also, I stand correct at Joan lives in Maryland.
Speaker 4: Yeah, when you said California, I was like, I don't know, that doesn't sound right.
Speaker 3: Does she looks like an LA girl?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: But yeah, we met her at the mansion. She was great.
Speaker 3: We had a lot of fun with her. I think she's going to be like a really fun lead and very capable of like carrying the show.
Speaker 2: She all the women were were very chatty, but she she was. She was very chatty. She was very opinionated on.
Speaker 4: What she so chatty.
Speaker 3: Her and I were sitting in the fireplace for like an hour together trying to warm up.
Speaker 2: She was the one that like had like this idea of like they should change the format.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I forgot about that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Joan, but she's not going to want to change the format.
Speaker 3: As we're like, Joan, you got some great ideas, girl, but we have no power here, Like we are not the people to be talking to. Like you got to get in front of some exacts if you want to pitch these ideas.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I remember that. Yeah, she told me. It was like like I think it was. The idea was to have like multiple leads kind of similar to Rachel and Gabby situation, but I think I think it was like three leads. And she was telling me this and she said, well, what do you think. I'm like, well, I mean, sure, great, but like what do you want me to do about it. The way it was, the way she presented it to us, I was like, yeah, we have no power.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but she has a lot of ideas about the show and things that they can do to, like, you know, make it fine and new and exciting and successful.
Speaker 4: So I feel like she's going to be very involved in her own journey and her own process.
Speaker 3: Do you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Like, I honestly I think she's going to be great. I think and I think she's the right choice, Like I really do. I think I think it makes a lot of sense. And yeah, I think it's so important to choose a lead that will be desirable.
Speaker 3: Right do you mean like looks? Do you mean personality?
Speaker 2: Do you mean? I think? I think looks. I think I've just.
Speaker 4: Shows like they better be hot.
Speaker 3: It's not going to work.
Speaker 2: Let's just call it what it is. What attraction is A is like the first thing.
Speaker 3: No, look, every lead in the Bachelor franchise, I would say, almost everyone cast, but like specifically the leads, like it's like exciting and fun when they're really attractive. Like, I think there was a big response to Joey because like girls loved him, like viewers loved him. The girls were going crazy for Joey, Like, girls were like, I have a crush on Joey. I'm watching my boyfriend every week on TV. Like, I think that's good for the fandom, for the audience, you know what I mean. They want to watch and be like, it's also like a luxurious, fun, sexy show.
Speaker 4: So you want to like lean into that with your cast, right, I agree?
Speaker 2: I yeah, So Joan Joan jo and Joan, Well, we'll see. We're gonna have her definitely half her on the podcast. We I believe we had her on before. We definitely had her on. I think we had her on during like the Woman Tell.
Speaker 3: All we did. She was in our like speed dating interview after Women Tell All, where we had her and a couple other women do some some quick interviews. So if you want to listen to Joan chat, you can go back and listen to that episode. But I'm sure that we will have her on sometimes I'm in the future, definitely sometimes, hopefully sooner than later.
Speaker 2: Hopefully, I'm sure we'll get her on right before her season, and then I'm sure we'll get her on a few times Derrik her season. I really hope we'll get some of those guys on. That's gonna be funny.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's gonna be good.
Speaker 2: All right, let's get into Pilot pete season Night one, and we are going to ask Pete a bunch of questions about what he was thinking on a season like he did get rid of. We just found out every girl that went on Pete's season who was a flight attendant he got rid of Night one. Serena thinks he did it on purpose. I said, it's a coincidence.
Speaker 3: I think he definitely did on purpose. We also were talking earlier and I think other than grocery Store Joe, Pilot Pete might have the most notable nickname in the franchise other.
Speaker 2: They grocery store Joe. Wow.
Speaker 4: I mean, here's a pretty notable nickname, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: No, Yeah, we'll talk to him about traders as well and everything else he's got going on.
Speaker 3: Yeah, lots to talk to him about. His Night one one episode was a little unique. It was a three hour season premiere. The first half was the traditional Night one getting out of the limo format, and then the second half of the episode was the first week of.
Speaker 2: Dates, which is insane. I can't believe they ever I had no idea that they ever did that.
Speaker 3: Me either, and I watched it, but I totally forgot. We were halfway through the episode, like we're already at the Rose Ceremony. What's going on?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was pretty crazy, but we're going to.
Speaker 3: Focus on the night one Limo outfits, Rose Ceremony, first impression, Rose portion. He had a great tast of women, so much to talk about. It was a really good premiere episode, so I think we're starting off with a good one.
Speaker 2: Well, it's also I didn't watch this first episode. I didn't. I don't think I watched Peter season. But knowing a lot of the women that are on his season and like seeing them again is actually pretty pretty funny. Yeah.
Speaker 3: For reference, after Peter season, there wasn't a Paradise season that year because the pandemic, so all of his women that went on Paradise were actually on Joe and I season of Paradise as well.
Speaker 2: Except for Victoria Fuller was on the following.
Speaker 3: Yes, well yes, but I would say the majority of the girls, like the next season of Paradise after Peter season was the season of Paradise that we were on.
Speaker 4: So we're going to go through some of.
Speaker 3: The highlights of this episode from night one, some of the standout moments and kind of talk about some of the women and where they are now.
Speaker 2: So Limo Entrances, who to you stood out the most.
Speaker 5: If you just to pick one girl Limo Entrances, because I have one, you know what, Alea probably, and I know that she was the first one, which may be why, but I was.
Speaker 4: Not surprised.
Speaker 3: I guess I just didn't remember that she was the first person out of the limo because she never ended up back on Paradise and I don't know how far she makes it on the season, but yeah, she was the first one out, and she did the note from her grandmother Rose.
Speaker 4: Her grandmother's name is Rosemary.
Speaker 3: Peter's Grandmother's name is Rose as well, So I thought it was like a good way to start start the episode in terms of at Lama says, what about you?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was. I was shocked at that she was the first one that they shown.
Speaker 3: But I think she later in the season ended up having like drama that had started in the pagant world another one of the But.
Speaker 2: Even then, usually the first person out of the limo is isn't usually someone that was involved in drama. It's usually someone that's like.
Speaker 6: Either goes deep with the lead or I'm sorry what you know what I mean goes deep in the season yep. But usually it isn't Eddie.
Speaker 2: Is it drama related. It's either like heartbreak or like a love story.
Speaker 3: Yes, or just someone that they think I feel the first person of the Limo is someone that they see really hitting it off with the lead.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So she is very bubbly and beautiful, so maybe they were like, this girl might end up bringing drama or she might really work out with Peter. She also had one of the better limo entrance gimmicks. I would say, Yeah, a lot of the girls I felt like were either coming in on like a car or a plane, or it was just like a classic nice to meet you. There wasn't as many like I don't know, little like gifts and stuff like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so I thought hers was one of the better entrances.
Speaker 2: It was well, we'll get into it, but it was a very chaotic Night one.
Speaker 3: It was I felt like there was a lot going on, a lot of really strong personalities. Like the casting for this season was great. All the women are like really really beautiful and great personalities across the board. Yeah, super excited to be there. I don't know what it was about Peter that attracted this group of women, but it's definitely an all star group.
Speaker 2: So I would say, for me out out, the level standout would be you know, and it's easier to say now because we know what happened.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, don't blame us for hindsight bias.
Speaker 2: Guys, I'd say Madison Pruitt. She she seemed she seemed out of everyone just like the most confident.
Speaker 4: She was very confident.
Speaker 3: She had like this beautiful red low back dress on. She came out in like a big paper plane. Yeah, which obviously, like so many the entrances were plane.
Speaker 2: But usually but usually like someone that comes out with like a gimmick like flying a plane, it's always kind.
Speaker 3: Of like it's awkward and cheesy. You you're kind of like cringing when they're doing something silly like that. But she did it, so it was like really cute and yeah, her delivery was just so confident.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it just like worked. It was like okay, like I get like instay, I'm like okay, this girls going to be here a long time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's no way that she didn't immediately stand out to him from that entrance, Like I we should actually ask him about what who his standout entrances were, and I bet you she's in it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is good because the way we could come up with questions for peace. I know this is like all he remembers.
Speaker 3: I know it's been a few years. I would say the two biggest themes for the Limo entrances overall though, were he is a pilot, there's a whole bunch of flight attendants. Everyone's doing like piloty flight things. And then also the windmill and like sex jokes. Yeah yeah, yeah, Like we saw DeAndre came out with like dressed as a windmill.
Speaker 2: We saw Victoria Fuller like not like talid joke that she was like regretting mid joke and then panicked and freaked out.
Speaker 3: It's so funny seeing Victoria back on her first season. Yeah, because she has been such an icon in the franchise for so long, and I would say that her like confidence and has like grown over the years.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I think that happens with a lot of people that go on the show.
Speaker 3: Definitely, or it's the opposite and you get more insecure because people are analyzing you, picking you apart.
Speaker 2: Yeah, also, Hannah Brown comes back. I don't know if we've ever have we ever even seen that has a lead ever come back? I'm sure, I'm sure a lead has has come back at some point Night one, but out of the limo, it was kind of it was kind of shocking.
Speaker 3: Yeah, right, I'm trying to think back if that's ever happened, where like a lead has shown back up. I don't think in that way though, because like Peter became the Bachelor obviously like a few months this is being filmed a few months after his breakup with Hannah Brown. Yeah, it was like a really dramatic breakup. They ended things on good terms. There definitely still seemed to be like some chemistry there.
Speaker 2: And the reason why I think it works and why they were able to get her back she was single too.
Speaker 3: She was single, like her and her engagement had it worked out, she was single at the time, and I think that's why it was kind of so scandalous because she came out of the limo almost as if she was like like you're watching it, being like is she joining the cast?
Speaker 4: Like what's happening?
Speaker 3: You can tell Peter's like eyes lit up, he's excited to see her. I also just think, like you're meeting so many new people that first night, and seeing someone familiar is so comforting, or even someone that's been through this experience, Like I remember thinking that with Katie Thurston and Blake Moyin's like there was this extra level of comfort because they had both been through the experience before versus Peter having been through it and now meeting like so many new people who have never been through it before.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, I agree one hundred percent. Do you think so Hannah was was currently on Dancing.
Speaker 4: With the Stars, Yeah, well they were filming Peter season while.
Speaker 2: They were Philip Peters season. Do you think if she wasn't doing that show she would have jumped in on this season? Well?
Speaker 3: I mean, so the second part of the episode, Channa shows up on the date and they do have a conversation that kind of feels like he's asking her to stay on the season and stay. I think she might have. I think there was definitely feeling still there on both sides. But at the same time, I think it's for the best that she did it, because she would have just had so much of an advantage in a way, like it would have been like how do you navigate that relationship while also navigating like all these brand new relationships, like they'd slept together.
Speaker 4: They were open about that.
Speaker 2: I don't think she would have came back.
Speaker 3: No, and I don't think I think they were toying with the idea more because they knew it couldn't happen, so it was like kind of this like what if you did, even though you.
Speaker 2: Can't, Like, I think it's I think it's one. I think it's one thing for a former lead to go on Paradise, which is the first time we've seen that was back up friend, but but to have a former lead return.
Speaker 4: But it's not a former lead, it's his former lead.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, But I'm just saying in general, like we have a former lead return as a contest that I just don't see a world where they do that unless we do it. Unless they do an all star season, Oh my god. Yeah, once they do like a Bachelor All Star season of people that are still single.
Speaker 3: Like a Paradise season where it's like all single people who are but who are like way down like from the past.
Speaker 2: Or who are former leads you have to be enough.
Speaker 3: Single former leads for that. Probably not, but it's a fun idea. It's a fun concept.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think if Hanniburn was single and she wanted to go on like Matt James's season, well that's they're friends. But you know what I'm saying, Like, if she wanted to go on a season of someone that she didn't know, like Zach's season, that's one thing. But it's different for her to go on Peter season after he was already on her season. It's like, well, you may as well just cut the cameras and go date that if that's what you're looking for. Speaking of familiar faces, Kelly Flan again, I think this is also the first time we've seen this happen, and maybe the last.
Speaker 2: That they pre met.
Speaker 3: That they pre met.
Speaker 2: No, I feel like that's happened before. Really, Yeah, I feel like I know and I know I know who, but I can't I can't think of it. But I feel like I feel like that's happened before. I feel like, I don't think that's the first time. Okay, oh it happened on my season. It has I was barely on it, so, but I remember there was a guy there from Minnesota who had met back up before or they or I don't know if they if they actually met before, may have maybe like mutual friends tried to set them up and it never happened, but there was something there and she sent him home before rose ceremony. Oh okay, because I do remember that. Yeah, so that's why.
Speaker 3: And then I think I remember I think it was Rachel Lindsay season. One of the guys was like a few years younger than her, like in school or something like that. Yeah, like they were from the same town. Yeah, and there was like some sort of connection there where like she was like it was yeah, yeah, okay, so not the first time, but definitely a unique situation where she was like debating why on the show ran into Peter at like a bar or a hotel lobby bar or something like that.
Speaker 2: So if you don't know, Kelly and Peter ended up dating for I think a little over a year after after the show. But where how far did Kelly go?
Speaker 4: She goes like close to hometowns.
Speaker 2: Oh really, so she's like top five.
Speaker 3: I think around there, yeah, around there. She didn't go to hometowns, but she makes it far enough that she like had a one on one day. He was definitely into her. The way it seemed watching the season, Wow, like everything is just coming back to me from this season. This is crazy. I feel like when we started watching Night one, I was like, all the memories of this season are coming back.
Speaker 4: But I think the thing with Kelly was that she.
Speaker 3: Wasn't into like the process of it all, Like she had a hard time leaning into the actual show.
Speaker 2: And knowing her.
Speaker 3: That makes sense, totally, totally. Victoria Fuller, Victoria Fuller.
Speaker 2: Victoria Victoria Fuller to me is one of the funnier ones to watch because so funny. She is funny. She's funny, and yeah, we know her and we like literally just saw her. Yeah so that yeah, she we see her. I didn't realize she Like really, she's like the girl who spirals Night one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's a few girls that spiral Night one. There was like three girls spiraling.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but she Natasha was another one that was kind of spiraling.
Speaker 3: Well she yeah, Well let's get into so like limos are done. Yeah, let's get into like the sit down chats. Then what we're kind of you know, we see La at her grandmother, but like what we're kind of the other standouts.
Speaker 2: So obviously Hannah Anne, which I.
Speaker 3: Do, Hannah Anna is kind of like the star of the show this night, ye say, she's really the standout. Yeah, and in a good and a bad way because the women are pissed at her.
Speaker 2: The women are pissed at her, but it's working, so so what also like knowing Hannah Anne, like, yeah, I don't think I don't think she went in like with malicious intent of like screw these other girls.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well for those that maybe had watch, for those that maybe haven't watched or have forgotten. Hannah Ann is the girl that ends up engaged to Peter at the end of the season. She gets the first impression Rose night one, and her method to the madness was she talked to Peter, then she went back and stole Peter again from Natasha. Yeah, And then she went back and stole Peter again from I think it was she an Yeah, And that she talked to him three times that night, which.
Speaker 2: Any other I don't remember if she got a lot of hate for that, but any other contestant. And she ends up getting the first impressure roll, yes, but any other contestant that does that usually does get a lot of hate. But then again, she got the first impressure roll, So I think that kind of validated that he was into it, that he was into it, and yeah.
Speaker 4: That it was mutual, yes, but still like so shocking overall. Yeah, I don't know, she just like really went in there.
Speaker 3: It's the reason it's shocking, will say, is because I mean, you podcasted with Hannah An for a little bit on click Bait. I've never met her, but she does come across very sweet, like she's just this southern sweetheart.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I think that's true to her.
Speaker 3: And you know, she's giving Peter a painting that her and her dad painted together, and you know, one of the girls confronts her and is like, hey, you're stealing time from me, and she's like, oh my god, go get your time. Like yeah, she's like so nice. I just don't think it's it's who she is. But I think she like got carried away. Yeah, of like I'm in this new environment, I want to get time, so like I'm just going.
Speaker 2: To do that. Yeah. Absolutely, I think this was like rewatching this first night back. One thing I knowed it was we see I don't I feel like we see this, but just not nearly as much. And I forget that this was a big thing in the show, especially Night one, were girls interrupting other women, interrupting other women during their conversation with the lead like that that was like people stealing Peter was happening non stop in this and I forget how much that was a thing.
Speaker 3: I feel like they used to show it more like how tense that interaction is of like stealing the lead, and like girls that go in multiple times, Like I remember Katie There's Not my season stole Matt from Maury and she used like a dildo to do it, Yeah, because that was like kind of her bit of the night, and Mari was pissed. And I remember Queen Victoria went in twice and that was like juicy. But I just feel like on this season it was like really made to be a big thing because I think the women were reacting really poorly, and not poorly, but they were having like a negative reaction. They were getting mad.
Speaker 2: And I think watching a lot of people that go on the show obviously watch the show and knowing after so many seasons that that stealing the lead isn't the greatest look, I think people now go in like yeah, I'll just wait.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but that's not great either, because then you're sitting there anxious, worrying that you're gonna go home. Like it's kind of a lose lose, like you have to steal the lead from someone else. That is just how it works.
Speaker 2: Well yeah, but there's also I guess there is a cleaner way to do it. And I think what we saw in this season it was more girls really just not giving a fuck. Like I'm like, I think it was Natasha and you know, the girl from Canada, Natasha and the girl from Canada. It wasn't Natasha and Hannah Ann. I think it was. Yeah, So it was Natasha and McKenna and they were like going back and forth at each other, like standing there making noises. I was like, that was like, no one does that anymore.
Speaker 3: No, Well, McKenna had little paper airplanes that she was throwing at Peter and Natasha. Natasha May said no, you can't steal him from me. Then McKenna came back and through more airplanes and she was like okay, and then Natasha stood there in chirps, still went back. I mean, yeah, I feel like you don't really see that anywhere but like I do love that, Like that is so old school Bachelor.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I love it.
Speaker 3: I love seeing people like fight for time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, me too. I think that's I think that's a big part of the show that they need to actually start bringing back alone.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Do we see that on Joey's season, like go back to I don't think we did.
Speaker 4: I don't think so, but I do think.
Speaker 3: I don't want to say that Joey had like more passive women because that's not the right word, but maybe just like more easy going, go with the flow, kind of laid back women, whereas Peter's women, I would not describe any of them as go with the flow or laid back necessarily, Like they were a lot more I'm going to go get my man, and a lot of them came in like really into Peter, which so did Joey's women. He did have a lot of hyperon him as well, But I would just say the casting was different.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Yeah, it was.
Speaker 3: It's so fun to watch, Like there's tension the entire episode between everyone.
Speaker 2: Any let's see any other Do we see Madison later in the episode a little bit.
Speaker 3: Madnie, we don't see that much, but kind of just see like a short chat. I mean, we do see a conversation between Kelly and Peter where he's like really happy she's there. There's definitely chemistry between the two of them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it does seem like and again like we're like Monday morning quarterbacking here. But it does see seem like the girls what like Monday morning, Like like.
Speaker 3: What does that mean?
Speaker 2: We know the answer?
Speaker 3: So oh okay, so.
Speaker 2: We're basing what we're saying off of the fact that we know we know. Yeah, but like it does it seems like Hannah Ann and Kelly.
Speaker 3: But I will say like he I would say, you know, we see the conversation with Kelly, and there's more of a spark there than his conversation with Maddie. Yeah, that from what we see night one. But I also think he met Kelly already. They spent time talking getting to each other.
Speaker 2: Also, Peter, Peter did a pretty good job of seeming like he was kind of into everyone he talked to. There was no there was no there was like no one that I feel like Peter talked to that you were like, oh, he actually seems really excited to be having this conversation with this person.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he was just happy to be there.
Speaker 3: He's also a very social, charismatic guy, so he just that is kind of his natural energy, which I think is great for a lead to have. Yeah, because it just makes the women feel so comfortable, and I feel like you get everyone at their like you get their most authentic self.
Speaker 2: And then we see the like it flashes to like showing the fact that it is now mourning and we're having the rows. A ton of girls got cut all he cut all the flight attendants. And then this was the first time we ever see like they roll into to the first day.
Speaker 4: Yeah, whoa, whoa, that's crazy.
Speaker 3: I wasn't expecting that. But yeah, first night one, we had a lot of kisses, we had a lot of criers. Someone that went home night one that ended up, you know, kind of going on to do more would be Marissa. Marissa went home night one, but she ended up engaged on our season of Paradise, which is kind of cool.
Speaker 2: I will say that this episode, I don't I don't know if this is the right word, but it really it felt like you said, like like this is like traditional old school bachelor, Like it felt very like I'm watching reality TV.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know there was something and maybe, look, who's to say that in three years, we're not going to go back and watch Joey's season and say like, oh, this is traditional old school Bachelor, you know what I mean? Like, maybe there is just something about going back and watching a season that we've already seen before, but like it was a good season. Like watching it back, I'm like, yeah, this this season did really well for a reason. Yeah overall?
Speaker 2: Yeah, definitely. Who who else should we talk about here? There was a few girls that were on ours are that go on to Paradise?
Speaker 4: Yeah, let's do a little ware are they now?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: So I'm gonna name I'm gonna throw some names at you from the cast.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Cool.
Speaker 4: So first one that stood out to me. We didn't see this person a lot.
Speaker 2: Oh I have somebody that set out to me. I wonder if you're going to say who it is?
Speaker 4: Oh, no, because I'm going in alphabetical order.
Speaker 2: So you go, oh, Sydney, Sydney. Yeah, yeah, Like I would have watched episode. I would have watched this first episode and been like, Sidney would probably be something that I would have put in my top We you and I? Okay, so you and I always do top three, top four, top four. Sidney would have been in my top four.
Speaker 4: Yes, she's so beautiful.
Speaker 2: Sidney would have been in my half four. I mean, I feel like you have to put Fuller in there just because she's already spiraling. But you could tell Peter likes her.
Speaker 3: Really, I feel like their conversation was so short and both interactions revolved around this like dirty joke that she was uncomfortable making.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then she says it again, she doesn't. That was the funniest part. She was she was self conscious about the joke. She did it, deliver it, and then she goes back and tells Peter the same joke, and he goes, yeah, well, could you re say that? Because I totally I don't remember because I don't remember. And then she's that's what she's viral. Oh yeah, I would have too, would.
Speaker 3: She's probably I shouldn't even have brought this up a second time, and now I have to say it again. No, I did not think her like I would have spiraled a little bit too if I was her on the first night.
Speaker 2: Well, it's also easy, like, I mean, I know this happened for me, and I would say this happens for ninety percent of the people that that go on the show. It's so easy to think like the lead just like doesn't even know who I am, Like, the lead's not into me at all. Yeah, don't because because I think when you're there night one A, you're you're you're so in your head and then you're kind of like it's all new. But but when you look at everyone else, it's it does Like for me, I was like, oh, it feels like these guys have been here, they like know what they're doing and they and they had great conversations with Becca and like they're light years ahead, and I'm just like, what am I doing? And I And I think a lot of people have to feel that.
Speaker 3: Way, definitely, because if you talk to the lead early on, even if it goes well, by the end of the night, you're like, have they forgotten about me?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: And then if you talk to the lead late, even if it goes well, you're like, well, you know, does he even care? You know, he didn't talk to me all night. He talked to all these other girls first. And then the first impression Rose is always like kind of the added kicker. So yeah, I mean it's hard. It's it's a really tough night overall to get through.
Speaker 2: At first, some pressure rows. That's something they can never get rid of. Never. Yeah, that's like very important, it's very good if they got rid of that. The most important part of the show. Important. I can't, I can't, I can't speak today.
Speaker 4: It's the most important part of the show, or the night, the night, it's very important part.
Speaker 3: I would agree with that.
Speaker 4: This was also the first, not the first time we see that.
Speaker 3: But like Peter's family played such a big role in both like his intro package and then throughout the rest of the season, his mom Barb has like so many iconic moments throughout the entire show.
Speaker 2: She has to be. Out of all the parents of any lead, she is by.
Speaker 3: Far the most famous, Yeah, like the most well known. Yeah, she would be someone that, like, I mean, his parents seem to be so in love and I'm so happy they have a happy marriage.
Speaker 4: But if she was single, oh, she would be like perfect for the Golden Match.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, she would have already got she would have gotten the contract. I don't even think, I don't even yeah, I don't even think. If Peter's obviously she's happily married. But if Peter's mom was single, I don't even think they would have done a Golden Bachelor. I think they would have jumped to the Golden Bachelorette and made it Pete's mom.
Speaker 3: I would love to see that. She's such like a vivacious woman.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: But yeah, so that was fun to see, like, you know, kind of the start of that journey. And then you see, you know, in the teaser, that famous line of her like bring her home to us?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, where did this thing go? At the end? I forget right because doesn't he like he who does he end up with?
Speaker 3: So what ended up happening is he's down to Maddie and Hannah Anne. Yes, and who went to hometowns? It was Victoria Fuller, Hannah Anne, Maddie prove it.
Speaker 4: But who was number? Oh Kelsey Kelsey. We didn't see Kelsey very much in the.
Speaker 2: Same Oh yeah you don't see Kelsey, but you do. Oh you know who you see a lot is Victoria Paul. Victoria Paul, So she's another one watching this. I would have been like, Okay, she's probably gonna be there for a while. It seemed that way.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she was there for a minute.
Speaker 2: But I think she isn't she she? I think she's probably like top ten. Yeah, I think so let me see the face sheet. Anyone else said, I was like, yeah, I think.
Speaker 3: I think Victoria Paul gets the first one on one or one of the first one on one dates, okay, or not the first one, I think, because she's on like that top Gunny style date that they do, I believe.
Speaker 4: And but she gets an early one on one date and.
Speaker 2: They eliminate, they eliminate one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight eight, Girls went whole night one.
Speaker 3: That's a lot.
Speaker 2: That's a lot. I mean Joey's season there had to be what, like, I don't even think nowhere.
Speaker 4: Close to that, I think, And there was a girl about Home night.
Speaker 2: You had a big seat, you had a big cast.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but so did Joey.
Speaker 4: We had the same They kept saying Joey was the biggest cast of all time.
Speaker 2: Oh oh, I was wrong. Ten tenn oh much, joe sees it jesus, Oh my gosh, we're way off. We're talking about the show.
Speaker 3: But to answer your question, what ends up happening is it's between Maddie and Hannah. You can tell he's like kind of torn. I think Maddie ends up essentially sending herself home because the values aren't aligned between the two of them. Yeah, he gets engaged to Hannah Anne. You know what's crazy is Chris Harrison has like an iconic line at the end where he's basically saying, like, Hannah An doesn't even know she's gonna come today.
Speaker 4: And he said recently that that wasn't true.
Speaker 3: That is crazy, or that it was true potentially, but he hadn't talked to Hannah Ann that day, like she didn't tell him that directly, and they get engaged. It's not it's awkward, it's not overly romantic. He like talks about Maddie and their breakup in the proposal, and then they don't work out, similar as to Becca and Ari, where he breaks up with Hannah at a happy couple house and then Maddie and him.
Speaker 4: Reconnect.
Speaker 3: That's when Barb is like, he's got to figure this out for himself, basically like it's not it's not gonna work, but they'll figure that out. And then he gets with Kelly, and then he dates Kelly for a year and he tates Kelly for a long time, they had a long relationship.
Speaker 2: I would say the most shocking thing about this entire season for me is I cannot believe after just even watching Night one and then kind of and and then knowing what you just told me the breakup story, I cannot believe Hannah Ann was not the next lead. Maybe maybe maybe they just didn't want to do two Hannah's in a row, Like I mean maybe I don't know, maybe, but I watch it. I'm like, I can't believe Hannah Anne and and she like blew up after that season too, so I can't believe. I mean, maybe she turned it down, who knows.
Speaker 3: Maybe she just wasn't ready. I mean she is just because the turnaround time from Bachelor finishing airing to Bacherette being filmed is like really close. So like if she was engaged to him for like a chunk of time and then she had to like see him again at the finale, maybe she was just like this is too much for me to now go like date another dude, Like I just ended a relation, an engagement.
Speaker 4: But she would have been good to bring back.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she would have. There's a lot of girls from this like in terms of people that we saw again from this season. We had or Alexa, No, not Alexa, sorry, she was yeah, never mind. She was potentially gonna be on our season in Paradise, but I don't think she ever made it down to the beach. But we had Deandra. We had Kelsey on our season of Paradise with Marissa Natasha obviously, McKenna, Victoria, Paul Victoria, Paul Victoria f was not our season but on the next season, and then Tammy and then we've got a lot of people I think that are like married now, Like Sydney's married. Yeah, I think she just had a kid.
Speaker 2: It's married to an NFL.
Speaker 3: Star, NFL star, Yeah, Hannah Ann's engaged.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean it is crazy like watching back and then thinking like all these people were looking for love and like little do they know, and you know, four years they might be married or having kids or it's just crazy.
Speaker 2: You know, Yeah, yeah, absolutely, Okay, I think that's it. That's a recap. We are going to talk to Peter Lair this week, so make sure you're make sure you stay tuned, and we'll ask him some questions about Night one, also his season and what he's got going on right now. He was a pretty popular player on the show Traders, so we'll talk about that. So yeah, make sure you stay tuned and thank you for listening to Happy Hour.
Speaker 4: Don't free to subscribe.
Speaker 2: Bye bye
Speaker 3: Mm hmm