Speaker 1: Hey, it's brigand Jeffrey and you've got a brand new Second Date episode today with a return player.
Speaker 2: Yeah, how I can call it?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Well, usually favorite, but I don't know after then this one.
Speaker 2: I know, I know it's a lot. You'll hear it here in just a second.
Speaker 1: But we love to start with your comments because it means the world to us, and you take the energy to write us.
Speaker 2: Yeah you know we read it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and Keeler's World took the time to write a sassy little comment here. Oh mg, t he my name is Blah Blah and I'm from the Underworld. I listen to your show all the time in the depths of Hell while I torture sinful souls. Listen to you ten times through now and on my eleventh run. Oh MG, standard red comment. Come on, Alexis I need some substance. I listened to the show on the daily and I want to that comment t from the last episode, not some shout out to Joe Schmoever in Indiana.
Speaker 1: Okay, so hey, look, we got people all over the world and underneath the world go listening.
Speaker 2: Thank you to the Underworld for tune it in.
Speaker 4: I will try to up my comment yay.
Speaker 1: There it is, yeahpace consequences that you don't want to kind of scared.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, hey, here you go. Your brand new second date starts right now. Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning. Second Date updates two.
Speaker 5: Years ago on this very show, one man made an astounding discovery.
Speaker 2: Really.
Speaker 5: That man's name is Res, and the last time he appeared on this very segment, Res did not know what a canalope was.
Speaker 4: Oh I remember so many listeners commented to that they didn't know from other countries.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yes, yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he knew it was some kind of fruit, but he'd never really learned that name before, and unfortunately or fortunately for.
Speaker 6: Us, it was exposed right here.
Speaker 1: Well, everyone's entertaining because the thing is.
Speaker 2: Is like out of the country people didn't know that. But he's from the US.
Speaker 5: Yeah oh yeah, yeah, he probably should know that, but it did cost him a chance at love that day. Good news is, this is a new day and a new opportunity to find romance.
Speaker 2: So I'm gonna say a new ripe melon is what I'm gonna say.
Speaker 5: Let's go Jack with that healthy, fresh, optimistic outlook. Let's welcome Rez back to the show. How you doing man.
Speaker 7: Yeah, hey, guys.
Speaker 2: Dude, what was it like after you became the cantalope guy on our show?
Speaker 7: I mean, a whole new world of possibilities open for me? What money do was?
Speaker 1: I figured that you never heard the end of it from all friends and family, But I figured.
Speaker 3: Dole hit you up. You have an endorsement, now, you know what?
Speaker 7: Maybe we should give them a call together. That's our next fog guys.
Speaker 5: All right, we'll work on that after this. But first, apparently there's a new woman in your life. Tell us about her.
Speaker 7: Yes, Well, we met Michelle through a friend at a party. Okay, And I'm not normally like this, but I got there last minute and I didn't realize everyone had broad gifts and I'd like to be hospitable and whatnot, and so I was just like searching for the closest answer to my problem. And the girl I was standing next to happened to be Michelle. I didn't know her at the time, but I was just like, hey, you want to go half on this gift with me?
Speaker 1: And she just like said, okay, gets she was holding in her hands.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I love when friends let me do that with them.
Speaker 5: I'm like, he was humorous to just be like, hey stranger, Yeah, like that's really funny.
Speaker 2: Did you venmo her half the cost?
Speaker 7: Well, the thing was, I was just like, I'll take you out for a nice dinner instead. How's that funny? This girl she passes the rescuteness scale anything above a seven on a week and I wins.
Speaker 1: She was winning on the weeknight the weeknight markhi, or lower on the weekend.
Speaker 3: It's probably lower on the weekends.
Speaker 2: Okay, exactly. So she went out with you, then.
Speaker 5: She needs just to get back the payment of having given up half of her gifts.
Speaker 6: She was basically forced to.
Speaker 7: But yeah, hey, whatever works, guys, whatever works.
Speaker 6: Tell us about that.
Speaker 7: So we met up at a restaurant and we decided to share each other's food, like modern people at a modern restaurant.
Speaker 2: There you go share. She was on board of this.
Speaker 4: Was you again asking for everything.
Speaker 7: To be fair and clear. We were both kind of looking at each other's food.
Speaker 1: So this one was Mutualah, did I force my husband to do it everywhere we go? Okay, I'm like, I want both of those things.
Speaker 6: What was the connection with Michelle?
Speaker 7: Like, the connection was really good. We were having great conversation we were laughing, you know, we were talking about the party and the people we met, and she was giving me the gossip about the people she knew, and everything was like really good. But I don't know. The waiter she was kind of giving me this, look, what do you mean She's like winking, like flirting with me. She's adding her eyelashes at me.
Speaker 2: Wait, the waitress was flirting with you?
Speaker 7: You think, yeah, and painting like a lot of attention to me.
Speaker 4: I want to know the percent of men it works out for when they think the waiters flirting with.
Speaker 3: That because it is true?
Speaker 2: Do you think that it may not have been the case? Think it? Did your date pick up on that?
Speaker 7: No? But I was just like, hey, is this lady? Is this lady hitting on me?
Speaker 2: Or said it to her?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I don't know Michelle's response.
Speaker 7: She didn't really have. She was like, oh, I guess maybe.
Speaker 2: So it's kind of like Alexis's response.
Speaker 6: Let's go to the end of the night. How did you leave things with Michelle?
Speaker 7: It was good, you know, at the end of the night, I thought we could split an uber ride.
Speaker 3: Home, split the uber too.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I love sharing.
Speaker 6: Wow, all right, did you well?
Speaker 7: No, because like and also like I was not asking to go to her place. I was just saying, you want to like hit your place then mine.
Speaker 1: Oh, but it sounds like when you say that, it sounds like you're inviting yourself over to me, or.
Speaker 6: At least like trying to figure out where she lives. Yeah, you drop you off first, then you'll take me home.
Speaker 7: Maybe that's what happened. I don't know, because she was just like no, she had to take her own and didn't really explain okay, and that was like a week ago.
Speaker 1: She may have read like the waitress comment as a red flag. And then maybe she read your question wrong at the end too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 7: I thought I was pretty upfront and clear about things.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, but that may be the problem. It's like, hey, I think the waitress is hitting on me. Let's get an uber home, like it could be a forward guy.
Speaker 2: Even though that's not your intention.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 7: Your communications pretty sick?
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, you're so sick of communicating, that's true, bro, So we're going to communicate on your behalf to Michelle real quick.
Speaker 6: Though.
Speaker 5: I am curious the waitress on the rescuteness scale, where does she land?
Speaker 2: Why would that out. Are you looking for a backup plan already for him?
Speaker 5: I'm just saying it could play into like how intimidating it was if he rejected a ten.
Speaker 3: It's a big deal.
Speaker 2: She was intimidating.
Speaker 7: Well, it's tough to say. It ended up being on a weekend. Oh so really like on the weekend, anything goes Oh no, it doesn't matter.
Speaker 2: There's no scale on the weekend.
Speaker 6: Numberless.
Speaker 3: All right, Yeah, she's a letter.
Speaker 2: Well are you reading your question?
Speaker 6: Yeah? No, he's a great communicator, like he.
Speaker 3: Said, so make sure to not go out on the weekends with Res.
Speaker 6: Exactly what to do?
Speaker 5: Yeah, we'll off for a weekday date with Michelle when we get her on the line for your second date update right after this, hold on man Brook.
Speaker 2: And Jeffrey in the morning. Second date update.
Speaker 5: It's Brook and Jeffrey in the morning, and we have a special guest back on with us today. His name is Res, and he's done second dates with us before. Actually, this time though, he met a woman named Michelle who isn't calling him back her at a friend's party, took her out to dinner where apparently he was getting eyed by the waitress.
Speaker 2: Well that's what he thought the waitress never actually made a move.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Still, him and Michelle had good conversation over dinner, but she did refuse to split an uber with him at the end of the night, which is not a good sign. So it's been a week since they spoke, and he's here today searching for some much needed answers.
Speaker 6: Rez. How you feeling, bro?
Speaker 7: Pretty good? Pretty good?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 7: You know, I think things will work out for rev. They all we do.
Speaker 2: We're doing third person.
Speaker 1: Do you think it's just a simple misunderstanding or what's your theory.
Speaker 7: It's gotta be or maybe she's just you know, maybe ted insecure about the waitress thing. But hopefully we can settle her nerves there and I'll take her out again.
Speaker 2: It'll be okay, Ah, it's a favorite you'll do for her. Yeah.
Speaker 3: The best way this goes down. We get her on the phone and she's like, we have the most beautiful waitress in the world, and I was just so jealousy.
Speaker 7: My god, my god, I'm not.
Speaker 3: Calling you back.
Speaker 6: Oh that's totally gonna happen.
Speaker 2: That sounds right, right, Res, Yeah, I mean it.
Speaker 7: Doesn't sound wrong.
Speaker 3: We all know who we are.
Speaker 5: Anyway, Let's call Michelle and we'll see if she picks up and has some answers for us. Here we go, I'm going to dial her number. Hello, Hey, Michelle, this is Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning. How you doing, Hey Michelle.
Speaker 3: Hey, good morning.
Speaker 8: I'm sorry.
Speaker 6: Who Hey.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we are Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning, a radio show, and we're doing a segment right now. It's called a second Date Update.
Speaker 8: What wait, why are you guys calling me?
Speaker 6: This is uh oh already said what it is. We're calling you.
Speaker 5: We're calling you because one of our listeners asked us to reach out to you.
Speaker 2: And we promised. We've done literally thousands of these.
Speaker 5: That's why everything starts to blend together in our brands. But I remember this guy. His name is Res.
Speaker 8: Oh. Okay, yeah, no, I know, I know who you're talking about.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you met him at a party through friends.
Speaker 1: And yeah, yeah, okay, okay, your tone definitely changed.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it sounds like you absolutely adore this guy.
Speaker 6: Am I reading that right?
Speaker 8: Totally love him?
Speaker 6: Sarcastic like me?
Speaker 3: I like that.
Speaker 6: We do want to know what was your impression.
Speaker 8: Of Res, like just in general at the party or I mean, I think I guess we can just like cut to the restaurant part, like he took me out to dinner because we like split this gift, which was like also kind of weird that he was like, let's just split the gift.
Speaker 2: Right, the gift that you bought for the party. Yeah, but you thought I mean I would.
Speaker 1: Assume you thought that was funny or cute way to set up a date.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I mean I thought he was cute, so I was like, sure, let's do it. Okay, we went up to the restaurant and I was like, you want to get the crispy chicken sandwich And immediately he was like, oh good, we can split it.
Speaker 1: Were you excited about that because that's kind of a couple's thing.
Speaker 8: I mean, sure, that's fine, Like I'm down to split things. But then he was saying that he wanted to get the salmon, and I mean, I don't really like fish, so I was like, well, I can't really split the salmon because I don't really like salmon. And then he was like, oh, well that's fine, I'll just eat it myself.
Speaker 1: What he made it sound like, you guys split the salmon and the sandwich.
Speaker 8: I was like, that's weird. That he's gonna eat half my meal and then also all of his meals. But then the waitress came over to take our order and he wanted to get the crispy chicken, but can you get the skin off of it?
Speaker 6: What chicken?
Speaker 8: Yeah? And then like the waitress is super confused and is like, you mean the krispy part, and he's just like yeah, like that's a normal thing. But then he still made the waitress go back and was like, can you just like ask the chef if he could do a half christy half skinless chicken sandwiss half?
Speaker 4: That is so extra When the waiter started flirting, so yeah, oh that's right, we did hear that.
Speaker 5: According to Rez, the waitress was being a little bit flirtatious with No, she.
Speaker 8: Was definitely not flirting with him. She was giving him attention because she was like, this dude is so annoying.
Speaker 1: If you had taken the food issues out of your date, do you think you would have liked him?
Speaker 8: I mean no, like that's the whole weird thing. And then at the end of the date, the dessertman you comes and I'm still hungry because he ate half of my meal and he like waves the waitress off, and he's like, no, like, let's not have dessert. It's gonna make us fat.
Speaker 2: It's gonna make us fat. Did he say that?
Speaker 8: Yes?
Speaker 4: He literally said, Oh, if we knew that, we woul't even call.
Speaker 1: I would never be in a relationship with someone who waves dessert off, even.
Speaker 5: If he does have both of your health and your best interests.
Speaker 1: It's like, absolutely, isn't that the gold get fat together?
Speaker 3: Yes, let's go.
Speaker 5: Okay, I think we're seeing at least some of the issues that you had with res during this night. I'm wondering too, because we do need to break the news to you. Michelle Res is on this phone call right now, listening on the other line, waiting to talk to you.
Speaker 8: Wow, I'm moving.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'm here.
Speaker 5: Okay, coming an awful chipper after what she just said about you.
Speaker 7: I well, you know, I'm a little little flabbergasted. Really, to be honest, what are.
Speaker 8: You wild that you have me on the radio talking about how you wanted half Christy half skinless chicken sand Like what?
Speaker 7: And also like I I didn't bring that up? You did?
Speaker 1: What What do you mean she brought it up? She brought it up as a problem is that what you're saying.
Speaker 7: Yeah, exactly like I didn't bring that up on the radio. It's not a big deal to me. She you, Michelle, brought it up.
Speaker 6: Because it.
Speaker 3: Preference res.
Speaker 1: You didn't share a meal with her. You ate half of hers. That was a big difference, and you tried.
Speaker 3: To custom order it for yourself.
Speaker 7: I mean, she absolutely could have had half or more than half of my salmon, but she chose to not have any had the personal problem.
Speaker 6: That's a fair point.
Speaker 5: Did you consider asking for half salmon half steak to customize his order? That's crazy, So your half could have been and his half could have been.
Speaker 1: The way you share a meal is you both decide on two plates that you each want to try.
Speaker 6: Yes, need to do well.
Speaker 7: I mean we're trying to watch our figures here. You know, I care about you Michelle watching her way.
Speaker 2: You ate a meal and a half.
Speaker 6: So that she wouldn't have to. Yeah, it's a courteous movie.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 7: I mean physiologically, I burn more calories and eat more calories, and you know what, to be fair to me, really, because this is all sounding very unfair. I couldn't feeled the crispiness off of your side of the chicken, but I didn't a gentleman.
Speaker 2: Wow, you reach over and touch her sandwich she's about.
Speaker 5: To eat, just to save the calories of the skin grows.
Speaker 8: Yeah, exactly, absolutely not. No, I don't know where your hands have been. You're so weird.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is not a good look for you, my man.
Speaker 7: I mean the proof is in the putting guys in the details.
Speaker 2: That doesn't apply here, Michelle.
Speaker 5: Is this whole thing the reason why you wouldn't split the uber with res.
Speaker 8: Home one hundred percent?
Speaker 4: Yeah, all the evidence out there, and it's also the whole reason she's not calling him.
Speaker 3: You would have been like, drop me off first and have her pay for it her walk.
Speaker 5: That's so considerate, really, so at this point, I would love to offer to send the two of you out on another date and you don't have to split anything. We will fully pay for the entire experience.
Speaker 8: You guys, I can't, You can't or you don't.
Speaker 6: Want to, like I can't.
Speaker 7: Michelle sad for you, Michelle sad for me. We both lose.
Speaker 5: Now you always have that waitress that was eyeing you at the restaurants.
Speaker 6: You can go back there, try again. This is true.
Speaker 7: This is true that.
Speaker 4: Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 5: All right, Well, after that one, we might have to downgrade Rev from friend of the show to mild acquaintance of che.
Speaker 2: Still too close for me, controlling.
Speaker 5: I really agree with his dating dinner strategy in any form.
Speaker 3: No, none of it.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry. Any man who does not like dessert is off.
Speaker 6: Yes, definitely for Brook.
Speaker 5: But what if somehow he starts a new food revolution and he invents half healthy sandwiches where one half is breaded and fried and loaded with mayos and cheese, the other half plain, skinless, totally healthy, and.
Speaker 2: My husband would love that to split or just to eat himself.
Speaker 1: No, he would just eat the non breaded, nasty size.
Speaker 5: Yeah, look from a trader, Joe's half. Hell these sandwiches from res Yeah, it's.
Speaker 1: Like half deep red, half cauliflower buns, half sandwich with flavor.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but we've got a full show with plenty of flavor. You can go find it up online wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 6: All of our second dates are there.
Speaker 3: It will raise your cholesterol for sure.
Speaker 6: It's a Brook and Jeffrey