Speaker 1: This is the most dramatic podcast ever and iHeartRadio podcast. Chris Harrison and Lauren Zema coming to you from the home office in Austin, Texas. We're back home after what was just another epic birthday week.
Speaker 2: You have made me learn to celebrate birthdays, babe, guys. Chris Harrison, he says birthday week. He really believes in a birthday month for people. In this case it was himself. It was his birthday, so a belated happy birthday.
Speaker 1: It forced me to learn how to celebrate birthdays.
Speaker 2: No, I look, my birthday was always near Thanksgiving and so it kind of got thrown in with Thanksgiving by my family. Not that they didn't, I mean, my parents gave me great birthdays. But you really make a birthday and occasion your family's into that, and it really gives you an opportunity to celebrate the people you love. And I always walk away from when we do everybody in our family's birthdays with such a heartwarming feeling because in a very fast paced world, it's really nice to take a minute to celebrate people. And we celebrated Chris down in Mexico with some friends, which is why my voice is gone again. I'm going to make you give me some lessons on how.
Speaker 1: To yell you do. I used to have the same problem and I had to I had to go to a voice coding.
Speaker 3: I know we talked about this, but I'm just going to take the lessons from you.
Speaker 1: I probably got the appreciation for birthdays, definitely from my mom and from my mom's mom, my grandmother. This is on the Jewish side of my family, and I don't know if maybe it is a Jewish thing of how we really appreciate and celebrate another trip around the sun, as we like to say. But my grandmother, who lived to the ripe old age of ninety nine and a half years old, and my mom also bestowed upon me how just cherished it is to be written in the book of life for another year. And so I have taken that to my kids, and hopefully I give that to you. But one of the things I love, and you are really good about this too. When we get together, the revelrie and we have a good time. But there was kind of a saying when I grew up, and love is spoken here. There's a lot of love in the room, and we use that time when we're together to have a great time and goof around. But we talk a lot about why we love each other, and we talk about that to our friends, and when we're sitting at dinner, we raise a glass and we talk about what we appreciate about each other. And I really like and love that, you know, I.
Speaker 2: Was thinking that, I think we've kind of ironed out how to do a trip now. I've learned this over the past couple of years together because we've done lots of trips with our friends, and there is actually sort of I have a few tips on the right order of things. We usually do no more than three nights. I mean, you can't be drinking and partying and having like it's like vague. She can really only be there for about a weekend and then your body just starts shutting down in protest. But night one, everybody's going to come in hot, they're excited, So this is not the time for sentiment. Night one is get there, greet everybody with a margarita. You're just having on your being silly night too. Day two like recoop a little bit. You hang by the beach, you chill, you start to get in conversations, catching up with people, and then day three, you can really kind of get crazy again during the day, but then on the night, that's when you slow it down a little bit and you get a little sentimental. You've now had a few days together, You've caught up on each other's lives, and you can reflect. And this is usually when we do a big dinner and kind of go around the table, and if it's someone's birthday, like it was yours, everybody might give a little toast, which I mean we had. I think four of us cried. Well it is, including a couple of male friends, which was great.
Speaker 1: Here's the thing, and I urge you especially to start this at a young age. I am a little bit older now. Obviously I got to enjoy another birthday. I'm fifty two now. And the older you get, you will start going to funerals and you will wish you had a moment where you could have told that person how much you loved them, what an impression they made on your life. And so what I urge you to do is have those moments at Thanksgiving, at Christmas, at Hanukkah, at whatever, at a birthday. Do it now together when everybody can hear it and enjoy it and laugh and cry together instead of you're giving the eulogy. And I know that may sound a little depressing, but I hope you can say that to the people you love. And so that's why I like that we take that moment and I urge you to do the same when you're at a great event with a bunch of people, when you look around the table and you're like, these are my people. These are the people that move me, that get me up in the morning, that help me make it through the day. Say that. Use those words and put it out there. Don't hold it in. You will regret not saying it. Well.
Speaker 2: I'm hoping everybody at home is doing well. I was really looking forward to doing this podcast. I'm like, I miss talking to everybody. I hope everyone who's listening.
Speaker 1: Is milling well. I miss having these deep conversations.
Speaker 2: Because the last weekend was just a bunch of tequila.
Speaker 1: And by the way we did before we move on to our first headline of the day, I caught a little shade and I I do like that people are listening and they will fire off their opinions. But it was really interesting. I got this one opinion sent to me disappointing that you were falling victim to giving this person their fifteen minutes of fame. This goes back to the interview I did in a prior podcast to the woman that took the selfie with Miranda Lambert, and Miranda Lambert shut her down. And this is a woman. It was the local woman in Vegas. If you didn't listen to the podcast, you can go back and listen to the prior ones. But I'll just give you the little nutshell here. She was the one with her five or six girlfriends. They paid for the VIP section, they were taking their photo and it was a little disruptive and Miranda Lambert publicly shame them and shut it down. And here's the thing. I didn't give this woman her fifteen minutes of fame to get famous, or to agree with her or disagree with her. What we like to do as journalists is give someone their say, their day in court, a chance to speak. I feel like as an interviewer, and this is where you can disagree with me. I questioned her. I asked her some pretty pointed questions. Do you regret this, do you think you were in the wrong? Would you do this again now? If you don't like what she has to say, that's on her, that's on you. And that's how I felt when I was hosting The Bachelor. When I put you in the hot seat, I'm going to give you the chance to redeem or hang yourself. It's totally up to you. It's my job just to ask the tough questions and be honest. So if you go back, hopefully you will see I wasn't taking a side. I didn't say Miranda Lambert was wrong. I didn't say that this woman was wrong. That's not up to me. I just want to just pose all sides. So there we go.
Speaker 2: Well, let's I might take a side about a few things we're going to say today.
Speaker 1: We definitely will.
Speaker 2: Sometimes you're in the interview journalist's hat and then sometimes you're in the opinionated commentator hat.
Speaker 3: That is what can be confusing about me.
Speaker 1: But I love the comments, by the way, I really enjoy I don't take offense to them. I enjoy them. If you don't enjoy debate, this probably isn't the forum for you, because Lauren and I love to debate. Headline number one.
Speaker 2: All right, everybody, you may have heard about Ariana Grande getting divorced from her husband, and then the news dropping very quickly after their split, news that she is allegedly dating, according to multiple outlets, one of her co stars in the new movie version of the musical Wicked. So the plot thickens even more because it turns out that guy, her co star, is separated from his wife.
Speaker 1: Coincidence, total coincidence.
Speaker 2: And now his wife as I could not believe this spoken out on the record, this isn't source reporting, This isn't sources say. She spoke to The New York Post and she said that her family is quote collateral damage of this new relationship between her husband, Ethan Slater and Ariana Grande. She told page six, quote, Arianna's the story really not a girls girl. My family is just collateral damage. So that really throws a wrench in I think probably you know the room, the story was gonna be, well, him and his wife had been, you know, separated for a couple months, and she arian and Dalton had been separated for a couple months, and now.
Speaker 3: They're just co stars. You fall in love.
Speaker 2: But his wife is being pretty uh, pretty definitive here in saying, uh, Arianna's not a girls girl.
Speaker 1: This is a poor man's Mister and Missus Smith.
Speaker 3: Oh, you mean Brad Pitt and Angelina Joel.
Speaker 1: This is Brad Pitt and Angelina, Joe Lee and what happened to Jennifer Aniston. This is a very and there's a lot of levels to this. We'll start with movie sets. Movie sets is the Hollywood version of summer camp. You know, when you went to summer camp and you're in this weird world and all of a sudden you end up making out with that guy or girl that you probably never would have made out with or they made out with you and you never would have had that shot. You get back to regular life in school and you break up because you're like, what were we doing? Right?
Speaker 3: We had camp goggles on?
Speaker 1: That is a movie set. You are, you know, shooting Wicked. You're shooting Mister and Missus Smith. You're on set.
Speaker 3: You're together all the time.
Speaker 2: You spend so much time again, and let me add on, you know, as a theater kid, this is what we call a showmance. Yes, and what that means is a relationship that develops just during the time that you are doing the show, the play, the movie, whatever it is. Because It's more than just summer camp in Hollywood. It's more than just look. I know, people get close in all kinds of work settings. Maybe two people do a project together for a while and they get close and it's only temporary and they look back and say, what were we thinking? But when you're doing a movie with someone or a play, you are cast because of chemistry, right, So you are literally put together to be intimately closely working with people who you have chemistry with.
Speaker 3: This is hard on a relationship.
Speaker 2: It's hard on a marriage if your person's out there being cast with and having romantic scenes with someone they have chemistry with.
Speaker 1: If you've never seen the movie, or go back and rewatch it. Watch the chemistry with Brad Pitt and Angelina Joe Lee. It smells like sex. Yeah, I mean the chemistry is palpable and it's a good movie because of that. Unfortunately for Jennifer Aniston. But you educated me on the fact that this is also maybe not something new for Ariana. Well, she's a track record.
Speaker 2: She has a song in one of the lyrics, famous lyrics of a song that I love is break up with your girlfriend because I'm bored, which is not reflecting well now, and it's not reflecting well.
Speaker 3: And look, I would.
Speaker 2: There's many layers to the truth, and maybe these two were separated, and maybe his wife is really devastated by the breakup. But then you have to ask yourself, Okay, but why did they separate when he's filming the movie and they've only been separated two months, he's already dating someone else, and they, I should add, have an infant child.
Speaker 3: So, bro, it is not a good look this guy, Ethan, It is.
Speaker 2: A very bad look that you are dating, even if you and your wife really were broken up before you ever started dating Ariana. You know, this also raises the question of how quickly do you move on You've got an infant at home, a baby, You and your wife have just split up, and they were high school sweethearts, they've been together for years. You don't I don't think you start dating someone a couple months in like like just.
Speaker 1: At the very time, at the very least. This dude is epically selfish, that's the that's the best. He is is unbelievably selfish as a human being and as a father. That's the start. My guess is, obviously, if there's smoke in this case, there is a burning fire, and Arianna, we got to talk about your choices in men.
Speaker 2: You know, I'm really looking at it going I think she's beautiful. She's so talented. She seems like an incredibly smart business woman. She's built a makeup brand. She's got a bunch of hit records.
Speaker 3: What a talent. And I look at the guys she's dated. This even guy, this is your co star.
Speaker 2: He's career wise a million levels below her. He is just out of a marriage, he's got a kid at home.
Speaker 1: Here's the way I look at it, and correct me if I'm wrong. Chew toys. There are certain people that date a chew toy, meaning you know how a dog will just sit in the corner and chew on something and then just get bored with it and leave. That seems to be the track record that Arianna follows. She gets these lesser than men who are not equal or better than her. That's who you should be surrounding yourself with in life as a friend or a significant other. She gets these chew toys and she gets bored with them, and she'll move on to the next movie set, or the next song, or the next whatever. This guy is going to aid like milk.
Speaker 3: Well with there, I feel like an idiot, but I just realized what you mean by that. And also I keep.
Speaker 1: Thinking quickly and it'll get stale.
Speaker 3: And honestly, he looks like milk. He's so pale.
Speaker 2: And now I'm just being mean, but it's funny. So the husband she was with at Dalton Gomez another one, he's like, I think he's a.
Speaker 3: Real estate agent. It's I don't.
Speaker 2: I think it's very difficult to have a successful relationship. I would give anybody, including Ariana, this advice when someone is so far out of your league, frankly out of your realm, and by that I mean, in this case, lesser than like, these guys are millions of miles below her career wise, they are millions of miles apart from her fame wise.
Speaker 3: They're not going to keep up with her. It's not going to work out.
Speaker 2: And in this case, it's not a great look because you've got a wife and mother saying her family was collateral damage.
Speaker 1: And when it comes to a relationship and how we relate this to our own lives, it's not that you need to marry or be with someone that is the same station in the same place as you. It's but I think it is important to be reflective of that of when you are dating someone, ask yourself those tough questions, Why what do they bring to the table? What are they equal or better than me? At?
Speaker 3: So?
Speaker 1: How are they a value add to my life? And vice versa? How am I a value add to them? How are we equal partners in searching?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 2: Are you have to both add to and expand each other's worlds in some way? Well, and there's another story that begs many similar questions, which I want to get into. I love when I get to talk about housewives. Let me give you the brief friend down. Real Housewives of Miami star named Lisa. Her husband. It comes out on the most recent season of the show comes out on the show that he's cheating on her. He's having an affair with a woman who's thirty years younger than him and Lisa and Lenny they've got two kids, two young kids. She's totally blindsided and devastated by this. Now, just a matter of months later, they are still married. He proposes to the mistress.
Speaker 1: They are engaged, and I love the next step though.
Speaker 3: Lisa's response is so deliciously. I don't savage.
Speaker 1: The genius is in the subtlety.
Speaker 2: She posts on Instagram and says, congratulations to my husband and his mistress on their engagement. Congratulations to my husband on his engagement is so brilliant because she doesn't say anything mean, but it's such a takedown and so weird.
Speaker 1: Think she could have just said you're such a dick right. Instead, she said the exact same thing in that one the wording perfect.
Speaker 2: Sentence, congratulations to my husband on his engagement.
Speaker 1: You might be the biggest d bag in the country.
Speaker 2: I mean, the Bravo fans are coming for him. A lot of people are up in arms about this ariana grande situation, and it begs the question for sure, when is it okay to start dating? And let's take it to the next level now that we've added this second story, when is it okay to get engaged or married again when you are divorced or in the process of getting divorced or separated.
Speaker 1: I have two very strong opinions on this number. One having been through very extreme situations where very good friends of mine have lost their significant others where there is a death. These two people lost their wives. One was a long battle with cancer. The other one was a short battle with cancer unfortunately, and both of these men rebounded quickly, and in our little social circle, they were very much judged, and I found it very interesting and they both fought against that and said, look, you know what's important to me and my kids right now, and so a lot of people had really strong opinions, and I just kind of sat back to watch it all play out. The flip side of that is on a more kind of superficial level, where there's cheating involved. Obviously you're having that is very different to me.
Speaker 2: I talked about this a lot with my mom because you know, we lost my dad obviously, and there's a lot of factors there, because if someone's been sick for a long time, I do think you're grieving that person even while they're alive. Really like you're thinking about the loss a lot, and you're starting to go through that process. Interestingly, men start dating again more quickly than women after.
Speaker 1: Loss one because we are not equipped to raise kids by ourselves, and even as as much of a strong dad as I would like to, that is usually the case. And both of these men had kids, had young kids.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Yeah, I see it from that perspective, and there's actually something. I think there's a good intention in trying to find a partner to help you raise your kids. You want your kids to be loved. Also, you got to think about your kids. How are they processing that loss? I mean you, you know, there's so much to think about. Kids at different ages can be different. So I certainly try not. I definitely judge less from a place of loss.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's where I would like to separate these topics. So if you're listening and you've dealt with that, I would say, let's put that in a different basket altogether.
Speaker 2: But I think, no matter what, you know, you've got to be careful. You're not making rash decisions when your brain's in a place of loss or grief. And that might mean a divorce, and you don't rush into anything. But I was really trying to think about what the barometer is. I certainly think it doesn't look great if you get engaged while you're still legally married.
Speaker 1: I think we can all agree on this one for sure, is not this does not wan.
Speaker 2: I also have a friend, though, who is trying to get divorced from her husband for more than twelve years. Yeah, he wouldn't let her get divorced. So what do you think, what's your barometer as that?
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, look at it. Would you have a problem if Brad Pitt. I hate to go back to them, but would you have a problem if Brad Pitt and Angelina Joli got engaged and I guess they can't get married because they're still married because their divorce has been.
Speaker 3: Going on like six seven years at this point.
Speaker 1: This entire century. Yeah, I mean it's gotten so ridiculous at this point. So either are those extreme situations. But I think what we're talking about is basically people who barely have their foot out the door, leaving a family, leaving young kids. They have so many responsibilities that they're running from, and that's exactly what they're doing, and they just find something that's easier.
Speaker 2: Here's what blows my mind about the guy from the Real Housewife situation. He publicly posts about this engagement, this proposal on Instagram. They shared pictures of the proposal on top of a cliff somewhere.
Speaker 3: Dude, do you think people are gonna praise you?
Speaker 1: Want? Like?
Speaker 2: You realize you look like a jerk. So that's just so clueless to me. At least I'll give Arian and this Ethan guy credit. They weren't stepping out on red carpets together yet it kind of came out through probably the rumor mill on set.
Speaker 3: You can't really hide your dating.
Speaker 2: But this guy's posting the pictures of the proposal.
Speaker 1: Come on, do you? And this may sound terrible, so but I'm going to say it publicly in front of all of you. Do you have a little I don't know, admiration, maybe a little jealousy for people that can live their life so a f and just don't care. They're so ignorant that they they have such ignorant bliss, like this guy can be such a dick and do such a stupid thing and put it out to the world and expect a pat on the back and just not see at all what's going on in the world. I cannot see in the rear view mirror that there is such carnage behind him. He's just looking into the sunset, going, man, how great is this? I'm so in love. I don't see my broken family, my kids that are now going to be in therapy for the next twenty years, how many relationships I just screwed up, like look at us, Like how happy I am in this one brief moment, Like part of me because I know that one of my deficiencies in life is that I care way too much what other people think. I've gotten better at it, but part of me goes man for just a moment, I wish to be.
Speaker 2: Free, to be that, just to be atop that cliff, posting those photos.
Speaker 1: Jumping off that cliff like a moron without a parachute.
Speaker 2: Gosh, I mean yeah, because everybody knows they add an affair.
Speaker 3: I guess he's just leaning in.
Speaker 2: He's leaning right into it, and he's really trying has tried to convince people. His own His mother, by the way, commented on the Instagram. This guy Lenny's mother commented, my, gosh, I really hope that you will have, you know, a happy marriage and this woman will like love and appreciate you, unlike your first wife.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, this is about our past daughter in law and the mother of her grandchildren.
Speaker 1: Wow, it's not great, So I'm sure this one's gonna last.
Speaker 2: What do you think when how do you know when it's okay after a marriage? You know, say you're separated, you've broken up. How do you know when it's okay to start dating?
Speaker 1: The problem is you don't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that is that is I've been racking my brain. I don't have a good barometer.
Speaker 1: You can't because there is a sliding scale for everybody and it just has to be right for you. And to a certain degree, I'm not defending these people, but to a certain degree. When I go back to my friends and I sat down and asked one of them, we had a long talk about this because then I went through my divorce and what we realized is that people who lose somebody and then you lose somebody in a divorce is very different heartache, very different, but sometimes you can grieve in very similar ways. But what I realized is you have to have a certain amount of at the end of the day, you also got to look out for yourself. You do have to be a little selfish. You can't always listen to everybody at church or in your social group or on social media because they don't know. They also don't have any idea what's going on in your day to day life. They don't know the truth. Nobody knew the truth about my divorce. You don't know what I'm going through. You don't know what really happened. You never will. You don't know my relationship with my kids. You don't know what's going on. And so at the end of the day, that's the reason you can't have this two week, three week, one month, one year exactly date, because there is no right answer, because it's different for everybody. You don't know, as you said very astutely, and I guess I should have finished that thought when I said, my friend lost somebody after a long period of time, they had grief, they had grieved for over twenty years. While this, he watched the woman he loved die and as soon as she died. I don't want to use the word relief, but I think for people who have done this, they understand that they they have let go of this and it is a heavy weight that has been lifted upon them and now they they're ready to move on and so and God, until you walk in those shoes, you have no idea.
Speaker 2: Well, by the way, that always kind of bothers me when people who like I think that the person who you're right, you don't know what kind of conversations someone in their spouse who passed have had and that spouse would want that person to be happy. They'd want them to be Like I firmly believe if you are ill and you're you know your terminal, all I would ever say to my partner is I want you to continue life and to be happy. I don't want you to be stuck in this grief of me. Why would you want that? I do think. I think there are maybe three things to consider. One thing to yourself if you're going to start dating, especially if you're gonna get engaged while still married. Have I considered the feelings of my ex? Have I tried to be thoughtful of them? And that's not always easy. Some people are in situations where your ex is very toxic and you're never going to make that person happy.
Speaker 3: But have you tried?
Speaker 1: Two?
Speaker 2: If you have kids, how will your kids feel about this? And how will they feel about it one day? Will you be able to look back and explain it to them and justify it and feel good about the decisions you made? And I think three, do you feel like you feel good about the decisions you made? Like, like you said, you kind of have to protect yourself at the end of the day. Can you put your head on the pillow at night and say I think I did the right thing here. I feel good about this, I feel okay about this, And well, then you're gonna look back and say I made the best decision I could with the information.
Speaker 3: I had at the time, and that's all you can ever do it again.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure I recommend proposing to your mistress while still married to your wife.
Speaker 1: But hey, and you know, I hate I feel like we're on this ride today. We're divorced and breakups or whatever. But there was another Housewives situation where doctor Paul Nassef was saying that the Housewives and being on that led to the demise of his marriage.
Speaker 2: Yes, Paul Nassa formally on Real Housewives of Beverly Hills at the time married to Adrienne maloof This was on the earlier seasons of the show. They got divorced, they split up while on the show, and then he's gone on to be unbotched. And I was interested in this because it's a question I used to ask of the housewives a lot when I would interview them. And you just spoke to Vicki Gunwilson. Actually, the Real Housewives of Orange County she was married when she first started the show to Don and didn't she tell you she thought if they hadn't been on the show, they would have stayed married.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, whether that's good or bad, you know, it was beside the point like if if it you know what I mean is sometimes it will just speed up the process that's already happening.
Speaker 2: Well, so that was interesting because she said she thought they might stay married. Paul actually said, and I think he describes probably what a lot of people on reality TV shows feel pretty accurately. And by when I say people on reality TV shows, I mean cast members of regular season shows like Housewives or vander Pump Rules.
Speaker 1: When you come on as a couple, is that is the show like a contestant, Yeah, not a relationship show like Love Island or Big you know whatever.
Speaker 2: So Paul said of the Housewives, I don't think I'd ever do something like that. Again, I think being on a reality show it did speed up our demise and divorce. I think it was going to happen anyway eventually. So the question is does reality TV ruin marriages?
Speaker 1: It doesn't help. It's not going to help. It's not going to make it better.
Speaker 2: I think one thing people have to realize and they go in naively with this. You can speak to this from a producer's perspective, but you've probably been cast on that show because the producers could tell you add a little bit of a problematic marriage. Producers are casting people who they think are going to create good dramatic television.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: So of course, I think a lot of people go and thinking, oh, I've been chosen. I'm a housewife, I'm so charismatic, and I'm a star. But what they don't realize is part of the reason these producers cast you is they've done their homework, they've done their research, they've interviewed you, and they know what to look for, and they're hoping for some good story.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: You probably aren't being picked because you're perfect. But I think when the light gets turned on and you start getting a little bit of that fame you think you are, like, I think people get this grandiose idea of who they are and all of a sudden you feel like you're, you know, Captain America or Wonder Woman or something. That's not the case. You're not as great as you think you are.
Speaker 2: Well, and then certainly these shows are set up to create drama.
Speaker 3: I mean, you're going to.
Speaker 1: Have other people out those stories, yeah, or.
Speaker 2: Even creating stories. I mean there have been lots of a cast member will say, oh, I heard a rumor that your husband was cheating and it's totally fake and it's just been done for the show. But then it creates real questions and arguments in your real marriage.
Speaker 1: And so to your point your original question, no, it's never going to help a marriage. You're not gonna you know, unless the show is just about No.
Speaker 2: People have asked me before if I like, you know, there's always rumors of housewives like are they doing a real Housewives of Austin? And I've had people ask me, well, would you do that? I would be very afraid to do that. I love you and I love our relationship, and knowing the way reality TV works, I would be very afraid to risk us.
Speaker 1: I feel like I would be the Harry Hamlin of I know.
Speaker 3: I think that's the way to do it.
Speaker 2: Would criticize Lisa Rinna because her husband Harry Hamlin, wasn't on the show that much when she was on Real Houses of Beverly Hills. But I'm watching it thinking Harry smartly not on the show because he's thinking, I don't want our marriage to be a storyline here.
Speaker 1: No. And so when you come on as an individual, whether it's a competition show a relationship show, you're dealing with things that just surround you. And sometimes you know, you get to the love or an engagement, but it's still you. I think when you're dealing with a relationship and that dynamic man, that's that's a lot because you can be pitted against each other, you can have those false rumors brought up. It's just you're dealing with things that you're never going to deal with in your day to day life. It's just you're just creating. You're running into a minefield that you never had to enter, so why would you.
Speaker 2: And there's also that element of the show being a little bit like therapy. Like you'd said before, The Bachelor was like therapy. I do think when people Paul Nass have said, maybe we were already you know, headed towards it, sped it up. Sometimes when you're sitting and talking with a producer for hours on end and answering questions about your marriage, maybe you're really thinking and realizing, oh no, there's some issues here. This was making me see things in a different light.
Speaker 1: For sure, and it can be helpful. And nobody, I always said, nobody went on the Bachelor bacherette and came out unchanged. I mean, if you did, you're just, you know, kind of soulless and you were just kind of going through it like a robot. You learn so much about yourself because you're putting these extreme situations. And I guess the same could be true if you wanted to put some sort of a rosy spin on this. The same could be said for a relationship. You would come out of it. If you survive, you would definitely be stronger because you're never going to face anything like that again. But I think overall, for me, I just the value of what it gives you, I don't know would would equal what it might do to my love of my life and my relationship with my significant other. Can we talk about this Cardi B thing?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 1: So Cardi B is in Las Vegas and she's given a concert at I think she was at dres up there and someone, why has this become a thing. Stop throwing stuff at people on stage. This isn't roadhouse.
Speaker 3: It's stopping.
Speaker 1: So someone threw a drink at Cardi B performing in Vegas, and girl just threw her micro split second, didn't balk. She went full major league and threw the microphone at this guy. By the way, she's a lefty. She's got an arm. She's got an arm. Did you see the throw?
Speaker 3: I I love that she did this joke.
Speaker 2: I love that she did it because I'm not, you know, green lighting assault here, but this is self defense.
Speaker 3: Somebody threw something at her, she threw something back. This has got to stop.
Speaker 2: At this point, We've had Kelsey Ballerini got a bracelet thrown at her face, Bibi Rexa got an iPhone thrown at her head, Harry Styles is something thrown at him this, and it's just getting scary. Honestly, you can't don't. I would not want to be a performer and you go out on stage and you're looking at a sea of people scared or worried that someone might try to hurt you. You don't know what's going to happen next. And I love that Cardi B Is like, no, that's not happening here. You're gonna get something back when you do that to me, because what's the other option. At this point, You've got to take a stand because you can't. What what are you gonna do? Make thousands upon thousands of people give you their phones and their jewelry before they enter your show. No drinks are going.
Speaker 1: Through TSA, Come on now, okay. So Cardi also reportedly threw her microphone toward a DJ who seemingly was cutting her off her songs early during another performance. That was reported via TikTok. So. I don't know. We don't have video of that one as well, but did she with her two microphone throws? But this was the one I think comedic part that I took away. Okay, so go watch the video and you have Cardi B throw her microphone that she was supposedly allegedly singing into. She throws the microphone, which you would think would end the song abruptly. Nope, the song never stopped. It didn't miss a beat. Clearly Cardi B was not singing. There was a full on track going. Because the voice didn't change, it didn't stop, nothing happened in the audio.
Speaker 2: Expect people to perform live these days, I don't really I do do I hope?
Speaker 1: But it's also maybe it's the performers that I love that I tend to gravitate towards.
Speaker 2: Look, if Adele was singing a track, I'd be disappointed because to me, Adele is her voice.
Speaker 1: I don't want Taylor Swift on her eras tour too. I know they all have tracks for certain songs because sometimes it's just impossible to hit well.
Speaker 2: You can't be it's dancing and breathing and singing and hitting notes, and we you know, the choreography adds on to the difficulty for sure, But yeah, I don't know, it doesn't. I think I go to a show more for the whole show of it. Yeah, and I'm not that upset of somebody lip syncs for the whole thing, not the whole thing. But I'm but choice tracks I woantn't mine. And if they were adding a lot of spectacle, like if they're adding choreography and set design and all this stuff, it doesn't bother me that much.
Speaker 1: There are different types of shows. I get it what you're what you're talking about.
Speaker 2: Also, if you're not gonna sound great live, I'd rather you just do the track.
Speaker 1: Just why can't we just sit in the parking lot and listen to the radios.
Speaker 2: This is why I don't go to that many concerts.
Speaker 1: We can't get into this. We can't we can't go that deep into that. But Cardi B love the arm. You better be careful because she has got a solid arm mode for Cardi.
Speaker 2: She's out there protecting all of the artists. Stop throwing things at people.
Speaker 1: Definitely give us your comments on this topic, on anything we have hit today, or anything you want us to talk about. You can always find Lauren Zima and I on Instagram at Lauren Zima, I'm at Chris B. Harrison, and of course you can always find the most dramatic podcast ever at the most dramatic pod ever. Leave us your comments. We love to hear from you. We always love the debate and what this is about is just having the discussion, and man, we love talking to you. It is good to be back. Although we had shows last week for the big birthday week, but I don't remember most of them. It was a haze. No, I'm just kidding, but we are glad to be home. We're glad to be talking to you as always, and we will talk to you next time because we have a lot more to talk about. Thanks for listening. Follow us on Instagram at the most dramatic pod ever, and make sure to write us a review and leave us five stars. I'll talk to you next time.