Speaker 1: They get a little.
Speaker 2: Broadcast A love from Atlanta, Georgia and welcome to the ball Alert Show.
Speaker 1: I go by the name of Ferrari. I go by the name you know, bt Okay, I gotta say it right, Divedo David though, David.
Speaker 3: D what's not my brother? I'm good? How you doing, man, man, it's been a minute. Man feeling, man, man, how you feeling? I just flew in from like Jared, like literally like two hours ago.
Speaker 1: Here. Yeah, we appreciate that.
Speaker 3: Back home.
Speaker 1: Big concert this.
Speaker 3: Week, big concert Thursday, you know this week. You know what I'm saying, amazing birthday bash? You know what, because I want to I want I want to do something every year for the city. You know what I'm saying. I always tour like this time of the year doing my birthday and I always stop at a state farm at my tour stops. So I was like, you know what, I think I need to do something every year, even when I'm out in touring cycle. So it's something I want to be doing every year. David. Birthday Bash.
Speaker 1: And you know you slip from Atlanta? Yeah, from Atlanta.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: A lot of people don't really like correlate that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, because in my culture, you're not really from where you're born, got it, You're from where your parents from. Oh, you know what I'm saying. So that's why I might you know what I'm saying. But I was born you were born here, yeah, Man, Northside Hospital, Man, and all my kids were born there too. Yeah. At I'm from Atlanta, my kids from Atlanta and all that. All my brothers and sisters all born in Atlanta. My mom went to Clark. My dad when tomorrow, Wow, my dad when to Kentucky. My bad. My mom went to Clark.
Speaker 1: Mom went to Clark that we gotta get some snaps for that man.
Speaker 4: He let you know you definitely let me know. I remember when him and Chris Brown they had a studio session.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and he was like he was in the background, and and I was like, well, they was actually let me listen to the records, and and I heard his single and he was like, where.
Speaker 4: Are you from?
Speaker 1: I was like, I'm from He was, I'm from Atlanta too.
Speaker 3: That was a fun night, man, if I in the studio. But yeah, at that time, how me and Chris workers that we just do like we do like five records and then we come together, which one you want, which one for me?
Speaker 1: For you? How did that sensational conversation have?
Speaker 3: Because boy, yeah, funny, that was a bang. Oh yeah, sensational. It was between I had two options, right, and I chose the other song. But then Chris was like, nah, it's that's the one. Sensational is the one. Because I took the two records home to my studio, but I was more keen on the other one. But Chris was just so he wanted that sensational. He like, he knew I liked it. I liked it.
Speaker 4: He was like, man, you can have it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, thing, I think it's gonna be huge, Like yeah, because I know the record is crazy to you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: We didn't hear that sea.
Speaker 3: That's not all the one that he talking about. Now, that's not what the one you talking about. I'm talking about this. This was two records for Chris album. Oh gosh, we was working on and then I wanted the other wanted for his album. He wanted the other one for his album. He wanted a sensational. He really want a sensation. So I was like, you know, I'm just doing Chris want. And then he called me when we hit Billboy, he said, I told you. He's like, man, I told you, d I've been doing this for twenty some years. You just been doing this for how long? I say, You're right. So we did that record. But how me and Chris work, We just do Hello Records and then we just picked and you know what I'm saying, We have like ten that's not out. You heard one, but that's gonna be on my album.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I know you. You said you said this my song right here.
Speaker 1: Now, what's the new song that's coming out soon.
Speaker 3: That's not with Crystal? Okay, that's that's my stuff. Okay, So I just dropped a wool care like.
Speaker 1: Telling me about that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, going crazy.
Speaker 1: You explained the name of that.
Speaker 3: Everything good in life, you know what I'm saying, Anything good in life, anything that's positive, everything good in life that you want, you know what I'm saying. So that's really what that record means. Just to celebrate your record is having fun the next one that's coming out because album come out early next year. But I'm trying to like, like I don't say feet the streets, but I'm like take it back home type stuff, like you know what I'm saying. Real drop real African records. You know what I'm saying, because those records that be going anyway, you know what I'm saying. So, yeah, we got another one come in in about a couple of days called It's called Funds. It's featuring like the biggest, the current biggest rapper in Nigeria. His name is Modu and then the current like He's like the Like the She's like the Price and Taylor Nigeria like Girls Love. His name is Cheek. So I feature both of them.
Speaker 1: You know that that you did that because you have to stay tapped in.
Speaker 3: You got to stay tapped in because at the end of the day, because it's like why run away from home when everybody running there?
Speaker 1: Now you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: We were going to lead that way, but continue come on open invitation for y'all.
Speaker 1: But how does it feel to be.
Speaker 2: One of the biggest global superstars? Like, because you know, Africa in itself, I believe it's a global country. The music that comes from Africa goes globally. I would say United States music, it can go globally, but for some reason, when music comes out of Africa, bro, like it literally goes around the world.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because so diverse, because even if you look at like even I'm wrong, No, no, you're right, you're right right, like I've been I'm talking about. We be in America and then okay, just just just an example, I don't want to say who. Let me just be an example big a least a list artists in America that we do a show. Let's just say it's a summer jab in America, and then it's like they big. I'm big too, but like it's your it's your time, you got it. And then we get out the country and I'm like, yeah, yo, it was It's an exact situation that happened like that. I don't want to say who because my dog, but it was in America and whatever whatever happened. Then we got to Europe and then he's seen it like it's his city, like he's like, yo, I ain't going to I ain't going, I ain't going after the I'm going before him.
Speaker 1: So it be it'd be diverse.
Speaker 3: And even when like y G. Marley came to Nigeria. You know, he's on my first record, I will care record, I told you, and he came back home and he was just like seeing the love and how we live he was. He was like, boy, if if I had this kind of love, I never leave. Like, you know what I'm saying, We don't get that in where Jamaica. We don't get that in America. You know what I'm saying. But it's always loved. You know what I'm saying. That the sound is global and.
Speaker 1: It's a natural sound.
Speaker 3: We don't really sample, we don't really you know, we're doing this from a scratch, like we bring from a scratch. And also a lot of people there's a lot of Africans around the world. Everywhere you go. Everybody got an African friend. It's African food everywhere. It's just the culture is just growing as a whole and people just want to learn more about it. Like although I was trying to book this December, I was trying to book hotel for my cousins because they coming down to night, Jerry, I can't even find a hotel the book because so many people are flying in from all over the world to experience legos, like you're you know what I'm saying, it's just slip.
Speaker 4: I heard the clubs out there, crazy boy.
Speaker 3: I heard in America. You wake up, you gotta wake up? What time for the club to go to club?
Speaker 1: You get there before a certain time because I was.
Speaker 3: Ready by are you ready by ten?
Speaker 4: Len?
Speaker 3: They not waking up three o'clock to get ready back home three am.
Speaker 1: You gots party until eight nine in the morning.
Speaker 5: And the parties look fun like like it's not standing smoking.
Speaker 2: Because it's music. The music is enjoyable. Yes, it's not correct me if I'm wrong, dude.
Speaker 1: Is there a.
Speaker 2: Type of music from there that is similar to like the drill music?
Speaker 1: Yeah, we got you have that?
Speaker 4: Yah got drill music?
Speaker 3: What motive the rapper was telling you're talking from him though, it's like dramo boy, it's a lot like going crazy. Just do eric, Like I'm talking about. The beasts is harder than the beats coming down New York? Like real drill?
Speaker 2: Real?
Speaker 1: Is it?
Speaker 2: Is it?
Speaker 1: What kind of drill is it called? Is it Nigeria drill?
Speaker 3: Is from drill? I mean Afri Fro drill are for the first time that was them, That's what I call it. So we are naming this for the drill Afro drill, black Afro drill. But yeah, but it's actually obviously the beat similar the lyrics, the way they rap. It's similar office's it's another language, you know what I'm saying. But it's gangster.
Speaker 4: I know.
Speaker 2: You can't play it out there either, like it ain't sweet. Like what I'm just saying, I would have to assume it's gangsters everywhere.
Speaker 3: Oh of course.
Speaker 1: I mean there's gangsters everywhere in the world.
Speaker 5: I don't know what type of gangsters I got over there, because when I see you be moving around, they be.
Speaker 3: Having a k's and all types of stuff.
Speaker 5: When you out there, I'm like, man, you you run up a hey.
Speaker 3: Now. But you know I'm I'm a very important person out there, you know what I'm saying. So you know everywhere my brother, Yeah, I got to just keep it safe, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: For sure. I mean we got We got out in Atlanta too.
Speaker 3: We just don't Yeah. Yeah, but you know what I'm saying. Nigeria, every time I go out, it's like it's Mayhem. So it's gotta be like that. Sometimes even at the airport, I got sneak out the airport. I got sneak in in the airport. If I don't go private, I really can't do nothing. Man, I'll just be at the criball just in Atlanta.
Speaker 4: Now, how you get this Puma deal?
Speaker 1: Yeah, funny enough.
Speaker 3: It just actually just came as a It just came from like my lady that I knew, she worked for Puma as like a consultant. So they were really trying to just really get infl people influential in Africa to just like do a campaign and stuff. So at first it was just a campaign. And then when I did the campaign, they saw how lit I made stuff get and it was like, you know what, we're trying to go the whole way. Like they flew me out to Germany. I was with the top Top, the number one guy. I was there for like three days in Germany at the Puma facility. They gave us sweets. We was chilling, and they just saw the the the excitement from the fans and the the hype and the whole thing, and they were like, Yo, we want to go the full way, Like we want to give your own clothing line, you on a collection all that. So that's how it actually formed into that because it was a little partnership at first, and then it grew to be like huge, Like I got my own you know what I'm saying. We actually business partners. Now my boy Memphis is Puma. This is not my collection. I don't know.
Speaker 4: But you gotta bring us some clothes.
Speaker 3: You gotta send you on some stuff. Get your sizes and Senates shoes too. Oh we need that the first. You know, no African ever had his own shoes, like especially with like pool five so like and it's cross crazy snapped me that boy. So what's crazy is that they don't even give their clients like creative control that much. They just tell you, like, you have creative control, you're gonna put your Yeah, they gave They give me about fifty percent creatio control. I about like fifty percent of the people they bought their own people and we all just you know what I'm saying, Congress. We sold out in like what eight hours around the world on New York. We did a launch in New York London like Legos.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well it's all time, four dude, you like me.
Speaker 2: We got a segment on the show where you look at the camera and you shout out your crush.
Speaker 1: If you have a crush, you can talk to that person right now, or do you want to play the fifth plead?
Speaker 3: I'm married, I'm plead the fifth big time.
Speaker 1: We'll go ahead and shout out your wife.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying, Man, shot my wife, miss my delicate, beautiful mother of my beautiful twins. You got married in July. Been my girl for about you know what I'm saying almost twelve years now.
Speaker 1: If she's watching this right now, what you gotta tell me?
Speaker 3: You know, I don't gotta talk. Man, got you for life?
Speaker 4: Man, I love you.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 2: That was Sime for you got me fucked up? Now you got me fucked up? As it nown as a person, place or a thing? Who got you fucked up?
Speaker 1: Is it traffic?
Speaker 3: Is it?
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 1: What is something that just gets you pissed the fuck off?
Speaker 3: I don't like traffic, but I'm cool trapped. Let me think, Let me think.
Speaker 1: You can be the weather.
Speaker 4: It could be cousin for stuff.
Speaker 3: No, like you know what I noticed, Americans love FaceTime. It's nothing to like like I used to live here, but go ahead and get the ascent.
Speaker 1: Go go ahead.
Speaker 3: It's nothing to like when I really going the business of like even like with like college, even like with artists, and they.
Speaker 1: Call you a FaceTime me.
Speaker 3: I don't like talking on the phone. That's how I am. I've been like that since before I made money. Like, I don't like just being on I'd rather just text, text or meet up or something. That phone call. I do not like it.
Speaker 1: Face time is even worse.
Speaker 3: So what I would notice that these Americans, the artists they love, they only do face time. And if I don't pick I'm rude or I might miss an opportunity.
Speaker 1: You know, you can't track it. You can't track it. That's why they can't. You can you can.
Speaker 5: Nobody can't tap a face that's another reason why.
Speaker 3: But a phone call they can't.
Speaker 5: But yeah, yeah, so you might you might need to pick up these face time because.
Speaker 3: Not be on WhatsApp. WhatsApp you can't track it to Okay, but Americans don't use WhatsApp for sure. Americans don't use.
Speaker 2: WhatsApp, especially Atlanta, use a lot of sam So what's thatpp I message?
Speaker 3: Yeah that's what telegram? You know what I'm saying, like, hit me on the telegram. But but yeah, face time, I don't like that. What else?
Speaker 1: Phone call?
Speaker 3: Phone call?
Speaker 1: Text you? So you're saying text you.
Speaker 3: People that just talk too much.
Speaker 1: We appreciate you even came to pull up at the interview.
Speaker 3: Yeah, listen, I did say I like talking in person for sure. Okay, I'm a type of like we could sit down chat. I love that any day two three hours, I'm saying, being on the face time, It's like what else. I don't like people to put too much pepper and food. Okay, well we're gonna have a problem.
Speaker 4: I don't like spicy food. I don't like spicy food either.
Speaker 3: I do like spicy food, and I just don't like what else. I like people that just how do I say it? I have people that just saw nonchalant about a lot of stuff, Like you know, some people just don't care. Just like you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: You can be having a serious conversation, funny conversations, somebody just be like.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm. I don't like ignorance for my brother an, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Apart from Apart from that, I'm pretty chilled. Now.
Speaker 5: Who's anybody that you bringing out any special guests anything that the fans should be like waiting to see.
Speaker 3: I was excited because Doug is my real good friend, you know, but you know, obviously because of that I didn't really you know, follow the ending of the case, I just found out you got out. I was returning my Yo, you gonna bring Thug out. They're like, yeah, he can't go to the reader. Yeah, so doubt have been crazy to bring Thug out. But definitely we definitely. I'm I'm talking to some of Atlanta legends that you know, I grew up watching that I would want to go.
Speaker 1: Basically, come to the show.
Speaker 4: Come to the show and you find you're gonna find.
Speaker 3: Definitely, but it's gonna be an amazing show. So many the most important thing I feel is the artist that I bring to these venues that can perform there on their own, you know what I'm saying, all the way from Africa, just you know, showing them that it's possible. You know what I'm saying, You boy did it. You can do it too. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: I appreciate you doing that.
Speaker 3: So that's like the most important thing for me is, you know, bringing the talents from Africa to America, you know, to perform in Atlanta. You know, for the first time. That's my producer over there, Alpha he he produced all them, Chris Brown Records, so his first time.
Speaker 1: He did, but his first time in America. Well you act like you just had you stay here. So after that, just.
Speaker 3: Stuff like that, you know, just bringing them out here and just showing them like, Yo, this look a look at what our music is doing out here, because they don't be knowing. Like I'll be telling I'd be in the club, Like I call my boy like, yo, your record going off? He like, for real, I'm telling you. I'm like, your record's going off.
Speaker 1: He's like in America, I'm like, yeah, you need to.
Speaker 3: Get you need to get out of here. You know what I'm saying. But it's not easy to get the visas and stuff like that. So I have an opportunity to have a show and to be able to bring all those artists not only come out here and perform, also come out here and collaborate, and just because people looking for him.
Speaker 1: So you know, for sure we should appreciate you man. Anything else, Nope, So we gotta do a pep talk man.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, your boy David Oo representing West Soide Africa, you know, in North Side Atlanta. You know, but you know, I appreciate all the support from all the fans. Don't ever give up. You know what I'm saying, stay true to yourself. And when I say straight true to yourself. I stay true to my culture, what I understood how to do. I could have gone the other route and be rapping up doing blah blah, but I stay true to my cultural and what I loved and it became a success for me. So just keep believing in yourself. Nobody will believing in you for you. Believers only come when you made it. I'll tell you that for fact. So believe in yourself and just work hard and have good people around you. And just you know what I'm saying, it just grinding, grinding, grinding, grinding, grind. That's it, man, and it should work out.