Speaker 1: It's time for the Bobby Bones post show. Here's your host, Bobby Bone.
Speaker 2: Here's a caller that had a fun fact Friday for today. I didn't get this on in time. Hit me with the blake one.
Speaker 3: The only place in the entire world that they grow naturally is in the Great Dismal Swamp of North Carolina. And I'm talking about the venus fly trap. So use that for fun fat Friday.
Speaker 4: That's cool, consider it used. I have one of those. I just bought one, a venus fly trap. That's cool.
Speaker 5: Where do you get them?
Speaker 4: The plant store said North Oh, that they get them in the swamps. I want to address a couple of things.
Speaker 2: Number one, did after get scammed? So Lunchbox has a theory, and so I have something to add to it.
Speaker 6: Go ahead, Yeah.
Speaker 7: I think Abby got scammed because she was all hyping this thing, all this concert, this that I'm gonna get paid, this, I'm gonna get paid that.
Speaker 6: She was on the air bragging about it.
Speaker 4: Then all of a sudden, crickets, hey there were thereckets.
Speaker 7: Crickets quit talking about it. Hasn't mentioned it, And I think what happened is she realized she was a scam and she didn't want to admit it, and it's like, oh, she's so embarrassed.
Speaker 4: So I don't know.
Speaker 2: I do have to there is an admission here that I will give to Yeah, I will say that.
Speaker 4: Let me recap it real quick.
Speaker 2: A long time, months and months ago, A you got a message going, hey, I want to pay you fifty thousand dollars, which, by the way, if you get someone in your DM saying, oh do you not know what happened?
Speaker 4: Your eyes are big amy, do you know what happened? What do you mean?
Speaker 2: Okay, So let's say you get a message in DM's going I'll give you money.
Speaker 4: Be be aware, right always.
Speaker 2: Okay, So this person goes, i'll pay you fifty thousand dollars and you come and perform at a racetrack and bring an artist. And the artist that she ended up getting was our friend George Burge. And so they said, okay, here's fifty.
Speaker 4: Do whatever. I think.
Speaker 2: Abby paid George thirty because he's the headliner. Or she said she said she was going to pay. Do you not know this anything? Hold on, okay, this is.
Speaker 4: No, I'm not I'm not even teasing anything. I know.
Speaker 2: I thought you guys knew this, okay, sorry, thirty to George and twenty to Abby. So Abby came on the show and we were like, wow, this is great. She's gonna make twenty thousand dollars from a dm SO and Lunchbox's parents just got scammed.
Speaker 4: We have dollars.
Speaker 8: Who's been and so George gets hired. Edie, you not talk to George. I just texted with George, but he didn't mention anything about this.
Speaker 4: Okay, but what would you mention? We were talking about something else, golf. But did you say, are you in California?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: So the show, according to the website, I think was tomorrow, Saturday, June twenty seven. Second tomorrow, Yeah, I'm on the website. I haven't heard anything about it, like Monterey, California. Abby's not here today.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 9: I just noticed that because she's the well the shows tomorrow. Okay, okay, okay, no, what's happening. She she's good, she had yeah. No, she's making twenty thousand dollars and you guys aren't.
Speaker 2: And she is, uh what she had she had to I know, little little she had to go a bit early because since she's like promoting the show as well, not just the playing. She had to do some stuff at the venue this afternoon and make sure everything's good, kind of all legit. So I was like, yeah, you go ahead, take you can have the day, go go handle that business.
Speaker 4: Well, it goes your dumb theory.
Speaker 2: So Abby's still making twenty thousand dollars and George Burd's still making thirty thousand dollars and she's gonna go play at the racetrack.
Speaker 4: Dang.
Speaker 2: So not a scam, and only that she's living. As they would say the Loka, you got us good.
Speaker 4: She is not answering.
Speaker 10: I mean, honestly, for a minute, I thought you were about to tell us I do that whit.
Speaker 4: She's not answering. You think maybe the scammer's got her.
Speaker 2: Oh no, as far as I know, there's not been a scam. I'll call it on my phone. Just if she recognizes this number, she is, Oh yeah, put her up boom. I need to pay an away from watching my works.
Speaker 8: For the news, I went to a festival that was supposed to be happening that weekend. I showed up ghost Town. Uh Firefest is like Firefest, but it was local. Not to say that's what's happening with Abby.
Speaker 2: No, it's not happening with Abby, right, That's what I'm saying. And we're gonna get her on the phone and see what's up. Is she calling in now?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Oh, she thought it was just a generic or a block, even though she calls out on it all the time.
Speaker 4: Phone number she's calling. I have to pay her.
Speaker 2: She watched my Stanley and Eller the dogs for one of the days where we're gone, kind of to patch it together because we left so last minute.
Speaker 4: I did not pay her until now. She's breaking in the money this week.
Speaker 2: One day a dog watching. Yeah, what would you pay him?
Speaker 4: Ten dollars? She stayed? She stayed the nine of the house. I mean.
Speaker 8: Stay in the night at the house that alone, Like, I shouldn't even be paying you. We have a pool, we have a hot tub, we have a pickleball court. Go to town. I'm saying, if I'm Bobby, ten dollars, you pay more to stay there?
Speaker 4: Yes, because she's not staying her own house. He trust your house.
Speaker 5: It's so nice, but it's also not convenient.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it's not convenient, but I have access to everything in your house.
Speaker 6: Boom, lets you go. She brings her dude over skinny dip she.
Speaker 2: Did bring her dude over, was like, yeah, of course you really.
Speaker 4: Two dollars or maybe do something with them. I don't know.
Speaker 5: Staycation?
Speaker 4: Hey, where are you?
Speaker 11: I it where I made it to San Jose?
Speaker 2: Okay, so she's there, and is the show still Is the show still happening?
Speaker 11: Yeah, it's happening, and it's not. I mean, as far as I know.
Speaker 4: There's no reason it wouldn't.
Speaker 11: Happen, right right, Yeah, I have not heard anything that it wouldn't be.
Speaker 2: Lunchbox thinks that you were scammed because we've heard nothing about it in the last couple of weeks.
Speaker 6: I was very quiet around here.
Speaker 2: So what would you like to say about that?
Speaker 11: It's still on? I mean we haven't done sound check yet, so I haven't really met with anybody.
Speaker 4: It's okay, but have you been paid at all.
Speaker 11: For half of it?
Speaker 10: Yes?
Speaker 4: She's already dollars?
Speaker 11: Yeah, yeah I have, so, so that's legit.
Speaker 4: How about your headliners? Your headliner anywhere near? Where was he I think.
Speaker 11: He gets yeah tomorrow?
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, so everything there is later, everything is full go yes, however, and it's a race and then after the race there's a show, so there's going to be a built in audience for the most part of people.
Speaker 4: They're buying tickets to watch the race, right.
Speaker 11: Correct, It's like the qualifying round is Saturday, and so right after that we start at like six ' ten, and then right after me it's George Burke and then Sunday is like the finals.
Speaker 4: And then what did you do for a guitar player?
Speaker 11: I got one?
Speaker 4: That's weird?
Speaker 2: Are you scamming him? I mean it sounds like Abby does.
Speaker 6: That's good? How about did you have to pay?
Speaker 4: Hold on? I want to know who it is? Abby? Who's your guitar player?
Speaker 11: His name is Reed?
Speaker 2: Where'd you find where'd you find read?
Speaker 4: Is it read? That works?
Speaker 10: On me?
Speaker 4: What your read?
Speaker 5: Is you in town?
Speaker 4: He's right, he's in the room right there?
Speaker 5: Oh okay, he's right.
Speaker 10: I feel like I kind of heard a little bit of something, but maybe Abby doesn't.
Speaker 4: Lost hold on? Helen?
Speaker 2: What Abby? Hey, Reid, come in here? Read he read sings?
Speaker 4: Wake up? Wake up in the morning? Come on, hey, Hey? Can you hear me? Yeah? What are you doing tomorrow? Tomorrow? Yeah? I don't know. I'm trying to decide if I'm going to go to live or not?
Speaker 2: Oh the golf thing. Okay, so you're not playing guitar for Abby. No, she said her guitar players name was Read and then she cut out, and then we thought she may have hired you.
Speaker 4: Secretly, I would have done it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it had been awesome if she should have hired you. Honestly, I don't know why she didn't do that. Okay, so you're good. You're not going with You're not with her? No, no, But I would have been irritated if Reid had snuck off, because he can do whatever he wants, but not been like I'm gonna go like not said he was playing with Abby from the show.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like not tell you something that would be weird.
Speaker 2: They wouldn't be sneaking off it. I feel like it'd be hidden from me. But yeah, read would have been a great option.
Speaker 4: Well I was good option number one.
Speaker 2: But okay, okay, hey Abby, what's the deal. Who's a Read you found?
Speaker 11: Okay? So he is act George's guitar player.
Speaker 4: Oh you're paying you know that's smart. He's already there. He's already there.
Speaker 11: That's and like, yeah, and I just knew he's going to be here and George kind of insisted because of thank you, I want you to use my guitar player, So like that was really nice of him.
Speaker 4: And are you paying him?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 4: I am how much you paying him?
Speaker 11: I feel like it already been me like discussing prices, so I just feel like I shouldn't really talk about prices anymore.
Speaker 2: You should, though, because the whole thing was negotiated by me, and we've had prices of open about the whole thing.
Speaker 4: Even how much you're getting paid.
Speaker 11: Yeah, that is true.
Speaker 4: I got her. What you say, is it pay fifty bucks?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I mean that I would say.
Speaker 2: That would be standard if he's already there, yeah, and George say yeah, I would think. I think that's a brilliant idea. I don't know who suggested it, George, or if you asked George, if you knew anybody, But that's about the best way because you don't have to pay first travel out there.
Speaker 4: That's about the smartest thing that could that could you could have done.
Speaker 11: Right, because like I'm serious, if Eddie would have came, like he would not have made much, like I promise, Like the rooms are so expensive. It's like an hour and a half away from the hotel. So I don't know who's on an uber rent a car or something like. I really I feel like Eddie wouldn't anything.
Speaker 4: You're paying him three thousand dollars three grand. I would have seen a motel six.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you have my cousin made on the low level. A thousand bucks over.
Speaker 5: We don't even need to bring it up.
Speaker 4: She just said it. I know.
Speaker 5: I was like, why did she do that? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Abby, We're I'm happy for you. I'm I'm walking into she's asking up positive questions. You're the one that keeps being weird about stuff.
Speaker 11: I know, because there was a blow up. But you know we're pasted.
Speaker 4: Oh, we're past.
Speaker 6: It is just a weird chick.
Speaker 4: Moved on.
Speaker 2: Hey, so you have you have to read? Have you practiced with Reid?
Speaker 11: Yeah? We got to practice in town. Yeah we did so that was nice.
Speaker 4: Where was that?
Speaker 11: Where was it?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 11: He came to the studio And.
Speaker 2: How long did you practice with them?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 11: I'd say an hour fifteen.
Speaker 2: You need to pay him another like seventy five bucks honestly for the practice time.
Speaker 11: Yeah, okay, I agree.
Speaker 2: I know he's a professional, like that's literally his job. And I know I'm only saying this because she's new to this world. So you paying the two fifty and you're not have to pay and you should pay him another seventy five. You should py him three twenty five and pay him seventy five for the hour he came up here and practice with you. Because when my band rehearses, and you know, it's Eddie and I are't getting paid to do anything, but I have to pay everybody to.
Speaker 4: Rehearse because that's their job, their time. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So I'm not just saying throw money at.
Speaker 6: Hey, but you're just losing money. Let them write you should have never taken this.
Speaker 4: Part of business. How much did you spend on travel?
Speaker 11: Man? So six hundred for my flight tell.
Speaker 2: Me about it, okay, So six hundred the flight, no miles, so go ahead.
Speaker 11: The rental car is probably three hundred.
Speaker 4: Ish, okay. And then what about the hotel.
Speaker 11: The hotel that's pretty pricey.
Speaker 4: You stay at the Ritz, Yeah.
Speaker 11: It's oh man, I'm not sure what the total is right now, but for night it is.
Speaker 4: Six fifty six fifty a night.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would have stayed in Frescow and a half hours.
Speaker 4: Why in the world was.
Speaker 11: They jacked up the prices.
Speaker 2: No, I wouldn't have stayed there. I would have stayed even two hours away. And do you have a venue, you go stay at the venue all day?
Speaker 11: Yeah, but it doesn't matter.
Speaker 4: Let's figure out.
Speaker 2: So let's say thirteen hundred bucks for hotel and then three, let's say three, let's say four to do everything a little high. So nine, so she's spent about twenty seven.
Speaker 4: This is still a really good paying gig.
Speaker 6: Hold on, hold on, hold on.
Speaker 2: She spent about twenty seven hundred bucks so far on guitar players twenty thousand, so you got you're talking about seventeen thousand, three hundred hold on, hold on, No taxes, I hear you, But we don't just say taxes when you say no, Did.
Speaker 4: She pay for her boyfriend to go with right the boyfriend?
Speaker 2: Yeah, but she's not gonna pay for that if she did not. If she did, she's being scammed, all right?
Speaker 4: What No, So.
Speaker 2: Seventeen three, roughly she's made seven after paying all expenses. Huh, seventeen thousand, three hundred dollars.
Speaker 11: That is a great that's crazy when I hear that's very crazy?
Speaker 4: And how does that work?
Speaker 8: So she has half the money now and then when the show's over at the end of the night.
Speaker 6: They hind her back and give her the rest.
Speaker 2: No, there's no cash, but they give her the rest.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So because I.
Speaker 8: Don't think they're gonna wire, sometimes I'll wire it. But did Abby do merch for the show that costs money?
Speaker 4: I mean it makes them a lot of money. Toby Keith makes more merch.
Speaker 2: I know, but that's Toby Keith songs and stuff. You know, she has one song, Hey their hometown. No one is buying many hometown hatches. It's one T shirt that says, hey, their home has hometown. And so it's like that she's losing more money losing on this Abby.
Speaker 4: I hope it goes great.
Speaker 2: You're making a killing seventeen thousand dollars even if we cut the three hundred off. So like, I don't know, gas right, you're gonna make seventeen thousand dollars on.
Speaker 5: This show maybe like snacks and stuff.
Speaker 4: That is really phenomenal.
Speaker 11: Go ahead, No, it really is. I can't believe it. It's crazy, and I know this is never going to happen again, and it's just like a huge I don't say that, I no blessing in my life. I mean, you know, like it really is. And I already have what I'm gonna do with the money.
Speaker 4: So what are you gonna do? Abby?
Speaker 8: You didn't just win the lottery and it's over like this is the island.
Speaker 2: It's like he always wants.
Speaker 11: Okay, yeah, expect these things. I don't expect any of this to happen. I would say, this is crazy.
Speaker 2: Odds are this will never happen again? What I never say never? But Eddie for someone to go, Abby, book this show and here's all the budget and you've never done it.
Speaker 4: But the reason she did it is because of this of our show.
Speaker 8: Sure, but this is the opportunity of it still starts with that one opportunity, right, they say the door open.
Speaker 2: You could definitely pull it off, it'd be great. And these people tell somebody else, hey, why don't you just do Abby? Abby needed a lot of my help during.
Speaker 4: The process, assistance. She's learning, right, but I'm saying what was your fee? And then after a while, no correspondence fee, no fee?
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 5: I think it's just.
Speaker 4: Like the it's not going to happen all the time.
Speaker 10: I know, but it's just the energy around words like we can recognize this is really rare, but also want to speak of it in a way that like, I'm so happy this happened to me. I can't wait for it to happen again or look for to that we don't close it off.
Speaker 4: Like I would go immediately after that.
Speaker 2: You don't think that I would think odds are's gonna happen against I'm really gonna, like learn as much as I can to try to try to take advantage of this and tell the people, like, hey, if you anybody else, are you gonna do it next year? Like that could be something where every year, But it's I.
Speaker 5: Know, but I just don't want to.
Speaker 10: I don't I understand that it's never gonna happen again, but I don't want her to speak that out into.
Speaker 8: The like you come back and you change all your titles as like slash concert promotion.
Speaker 2: She can now do that, However, a big part of that promoting was because of this show, like they do. But if it happens again next year, I'm not gonna I'm not gonna get her. But the bird has learned how to fly now, but it's not who is she going to contact? Like I gave her my manager to like ask questions. We promoted it on the show, like we're not gonna promote it on the show if she does it again, Like part of their benefit to paying her, they knew it was going to probably be talked about on the show, like it's not gonna be a bit every year like it was this year, so she could probably learn something.
Speaker 4: You know, Oh my god.
Speaker 2: But you know what I'm saying is I went oh, because sometimes when I talk to her, she cuts out, and then sometimes i'm talking it cuts back in.
Speaker 4: It's like we talked to somebody like can you hear me?
Speaker 2: Uh, they hear you perfectly, and then when they say, okay, well well anyway, here's the deal.
Speaker 5: This was what it always.
Speaker 4: I mean, where are you?
Speaker 2: I'm really happy for you, Abby. I think it's awesome. It's a great opportunity. I would look at it as you're learning big things. You can pivot this into other depending on the route you want to go, you can pivot this into other smaller things. But it's all about relationships. Business is all about relationships. If you don't have them, you have no business. So make good relationships with people making the decisions and say hey, if you do it again next year. I'd love to try it again, and if it goes well. If it goes poorly, don't be like, well, I think I could do better next year.
Speaker 4: Hire me next year, then I hire you.
Speaker 2: But if it goes well and say, hey, that was awesome, let's try again next year and leave that little seed and learn what you can and then maybe you could this maybe why she gets in a concert promotion and be an artist anymore?
Speaker 4: Exactly? Who knows? It's great? Where are you saying that? Who needs to check their d MS?
Speaker 5: We all do?
Speaker 11: Who was sorry?
Speaker 4: Where are you? I mean?
Speaker 2: For the what you're paying for the hotel room? You think it has some decent cell service?
Speaker 11: You really not hear me? That's bad, that's weird. Yeah, it's it's kind of close to Monterey.
Speaker 4: Check your d MS. I don't. I don't have anything from Abbay check hold on, I'm checking my DM.
Speaker 2: It seem like she was sending somebody here a gift like cash or something like check your d M.
Speaker 5: She gives us all if you don't. If she would have missed out on this if she didn't check her DM?
Speaker 4: Abby, could you give us all like a thousand just for sex? That's what I thought.
Speaker 2: It was, like check your dams and she's given us all like a gift of like.
Speaker 11: Kitty DM me, I might come up with a fun little prize game for somebody.
Speaker 2: Now I'm getting annoyed with her.
Speaker 5: Somebody shared a video's like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, am I just buy somebody in ice cream Sunday and she walks over twenty thousand dollars.
Speaker 4: No, I know, Abby, I'm just giving you a hard time.
Speaker 2: I'm so happy for you, and I hope it works out and hope people come to the show and it's just such a success, and I hope you perform wonderfully. And congrats. You did the smartest thing by getting George's guitar player. Make sure you competent unfairly. I just send you a hundred bucks for watching the dog, So that would be a hundred.
Speaker 4: It's ridiculous.
Speaker 6: It's insane you're paying hers, Abby.
Speaker 4: Do you have fun at the house.
Speaker 11: I did. It's nice in the pool.
Speaker 4: No, that you can. I would encourage you to go and go in the pool right, live it up.
Speaker 11: I did sit on the edge.
Speaker 4: Did you play pickleball?
Speaker 6: Why would no?
Speaker 11: I wanted to.
Speaker 4: You can do whatever you want. No, you don't have to. You don't have to go on treat like a museum's ridiculous.
Speaker 2: Like if you're staying at the house, turn on the TVs?
Speaker 6: Did you oh yeah?
Speaker 4: Did you play PlayStation? It's hard to turn it's hard to figure out.
Speaker 8: I would underwear, I would nick a ball, do a podcast, right to whole podcast.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, I hope you crushed. Abby. I'm proud of you.
Speaker 11: Thank you.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna be proud of you when you when you come back and it's a massive success.
Speaker 11: Yeah, me too.
Speaker 4: And Abby, you come back and we've spent enough time out on Abby, take.
Speaker 8: The money that you've earned by yourself an office because you're gonna start promoting concerts from now, or.
Speaker 4: Just use George Burge's office. Does he have an office?
Speaker 2: Who knows?
Speaker 4: Okay, Abby?
Speaker 2: The only advice I would give you next time, if it's only a one day thing and hotels are so so so expensive, yeah, get a room to sleep in if you have to stay two hours away, you say two hours away, and you just get to the venue and they have a spot for you to stay all day. That way you'd save a bunch of money because you can see as like touring costs a lot of money.
Speaker 4: It's very exciting.
Speaker 11: It does expense yes, wow.
Speaker 2: Wow, imagine this like big artists they have a tour like a show at like an amphitheater, and they have three or four acts. That opening act is making five thousand to seven hundred seventy five hundred to night, like somebody with the one hit song. And they're spending for a bus to be out a weekend. It's almost four thousand dollars. Like when I had to pay for a bus for raging idiots. It's four thousand bucks.
Speaker 4: I gotta pay.
Speaker 2: So then it's like, okay, we gotta pay for food, we gotta pay for you gotta pay all.
Speaker 4: Your people to play.
Speaker 2: So they're they're making said of one hundred to night and losing money sometimes.
Speaker 11: Oh my gosh, that that's what it is. Wild. There's so many like hidden extents.
Speaker 4: Those were the days though, dude, what days two run on the bus? Gosh, man, you have to pay for it.
Speaker 8: Awesome, dude, that's likely the nicest buses playing video games go ahead with.
Speaker 10: Uh, well, abby dog sitting and you're paying her. It makes me think of it's the weekend like Stevenson's position.
Speaker 4: It's a freaking weekend.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know, but I don't know yet about this weekend we were gone.
Speaker 4: I'm not even adjusted.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't need to have I don't want them all mache.
Speaker 4: He's not coming until this afternoon.
Speaker 2: That's out, he's gonna.
Speaker 5: I'm just saying I have him this.
Speaker 4: Week, and I probably will have a little bit. Maybe I just organized. We're just gone so long.
Speaker 5: He's just gonna have to get a ride and you can't drive.
Speaker 4: Mm hmm, Well shouldn't you take him to work?
Speaker 5: I'll take it.
Speaker 4: I have to take my son to work, all right, Abby.
Speaker 2: Have a safe and productive and have fun. Although people said I just remember to have fun, I don't remember have fun till it's over.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, live in the moment. I don't believe it's the whole thing. Oh no, no, don't don't don't don't you don't no, no, no, we're talking something else. Don't don't do it, don't do it. I don't believe in the concept of now. Okay, Abby, I will go, you know, Amy, let it, Let it be nothing.
Speaker 2: The concept of now, Abby, have have a great bye Abby trip, and we'll talk.
Speaker 5: To you so now, Bobby, good bye, Bobby. Did you like to be in the now?
Speaker 4: Babby? Bone spoons?
Speaker 6: You don't know what I mean, we don't.
Speaker 4: Did you get my d Do you get my DM? I thought happy?
Speaker 2: It was like she's deming us up. Didn't it sound like she was dmming us a gift, like check your d MS.
Speaker 4: Okay, we have to do a little mid roll.
Speaker 5: Here, I do want it?
Speaker 4: I do right.
Speaker 2: We can start that earlier since it's we're half an hour in.
Speaker 4: We're twenty four in, so we can do it earlier. I guess we'll take a spot. Okay, pick a spot. Do that? Should I say?
Speaker 2: Let's do a mid roll and then we edit that over.
Speaker 4: Or just inserted? Just insert it perfect, let's just insert it. No, boy, what did you get my DM? Did you send me a DM? Yeah? The million Vanilli one? Oh yeah, it's funny. Huh. People don't even know the Milli Vanilly story anymore. That's I guess. I'm Milli Vanilli Morgan, Who's million Vanilly? I can only remember the little wing song Mille mille million here Alli Vanilli. There.
Speaker 2: No, that's a millie a million, a milli a milli a million that's a Milly Vanilly was a duo from the early to mid nineties, and they had songs.
Speaker 4: Like blame It on the Rain, Just blame it on.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and then they had uh, Girl, you know It's true, good Girl, I Love You.
Speaker 2: So they want they want a Grammy for like Best New Artists.
Speaker 4: They were awesome, and it turns out, wait, were they a one hit wonder? Were they like we just sang too?
Speaker 2: And they did sound very similar Baby Don't.
Speaker 4: Forget My Number?
Speaker 2: They won Best New Artists. Dang, that's three that three hit wonder.
Speaker 4: I'm in love with you girl.
Speaker 2: They turns out at a concert as they were performing once, so like there's the awards.
Speaker 4: No, it was a concert where.
Speaker 2: It got caught up at first because it was a like a weirdly raw video, so it was like.
Speaker 4: Girl, you know, girl, Girl Girl Girl.
Speaker 2: Turns out they were lip syncing. They didn't even sing on the records other people and they went out and lip synced to every performance. So the other Grammy is taken away from them.
Speaker 4: And so they were not good singers at all because.
Speaker 2: They tried later to do an album and they weren't very good. But they were really good looking guys. They almost like brothers. Their names rhymed mister Milly and mister Vanilli, although not their name.
Speaker 4: It's like really no no. I was like, wow, it was like fab Fabin Mike. Is it's just a random concert?
Speaker 11: It was.
Speaker 8: TV?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think it's a musical.
Speaker 2: Wow or is that shown on MTV? Okay, Well, Eddie could have been.
Speaker 4: Right, could have been I'm pretty sure the worst. I think you could have been right. I still watching.
Speaker 2: Sure, Morgan, maybe the video is just bad and that's why I thought it was a concert.
Speaker 8: Well, it's crazy though, is like Bobby said, there was a fool were like artists and they were so good that they wrote these songs. They performed these songs and never got credit for him at all.
Speaker 4: And I think you might be right, bro, Thanks, How are they like?
Speaker 6: How did they choose these two?
Speaker 2: They were pretty faces, they were very good looking, and they would like not wear shirts and stuff. Wait a minute, and a concert, it says Milli Vanilli lipsticking exposed of a nineteen eighty.
Speaker 4: Nine concert concert author Bobby Bones.
Speaker 2: I know I wrote that real quick, real quick, and I'm not above it.
Speaker 4: I'll be honest. Milli Vanilly see this.
Speaker 2: Performing is a club tour. It was not the Awards show, and I was giving up on it because I was like, I don't want to be the guy that fights for something. Even though I feel like I'm right, I can be wrong. I thought that in my head, I can be right.
Speaker 4: What is the award show?
Speaker 2: So I'm in the middle of something here. I wasn't wrong. I'm never gonna think that again. Hey, Grammy, love me the eyes, Let me in the ice, look me in the eyes.
Speaker 4: Lunch spots. What did Variety dot Com.
Speaker 2: Say performing on the club MTV tour to stop in Bristol, Connecticut of an Ellie's tracks go Screw When they try to lip sing to the song girl you know It's true? As the line girl you know it, Girl, you know it? Girl, you know It's repeats over and over. The duo panic and scurry off stage. It's later revealed they didn't sing on the album. You fought me and I.
Speaker 4: I didn't fight. I just said I'm pretty sure it was an origin.
Speaker 2: And I was pretty sure. But then I gave away and I said, you know what, I don't have to be right all the time. I'm probably wrong. You said, you're probably right, and you know what, I like me and around. That's probable.
Speaker 4: I like that. What is that?
Speaker 6: See lunch, it's just talking about how they had return.
Speaker 4: They had Yeah, they returned. The headline said Grant. What did the headline say, Graham?
Speaker 2: Well one of I think one of the guys killed himself.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, that's not good.
Speaker 2: They recorded a comeback album, Back and an Attack, but the release was canceled after the guy died the same year.
Speaker 4: And then Ashley Simpson.
Speaker 2: Robin fab yes, s an Or you'd call it an award show you sure, yes, that was on SNL. Yeah, and then she just started doing like a dance, like a like an Irish jig, so embarrassing.
Speaker 4: That's pretty tough on.
Speaker 10: Okay, but do you feel like anybody now that would be a big deal would not be a big guil at all?
Speaker 4: Now, that's what But so do you think anybody like now?
Speaker 5: Though does and we just haven't figured it out.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 2: I think the difference now is we are okay with lip syncing and concerts, but we think it's really their voice. And we also know some people have their voice heavily manipulated and auto tune, so we know some people can't sing.
Speaker 8: And really it wasn't so much about the lip syncing. It was the fact that it was never them on all the album.
Speaker 4: Never them.
Speaker 2: They did they weren't got a Grammy, they did, never sing.
Speaker 8: It's like if Luke Brian came out and saying like, all right, it's not me Morgan Wall and singing all my songs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because I guess even the ones that lip sync and concert they're singing on their albums.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's there and it's their lipsticking to their voice.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Did you ever see Pure Country?
Speaker 4: Oh, Buddy Jack.
Speaker 10: Straight yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, Buddy Jack.
Speaker 5: Go out on stage and act like the old school.
Speaker 4: Yeah cool, I know, I know. I just like you bring it up and be like, oh, yeah, you know the story of your country. You should have to watch.
Speaker 5: Tell him, you should have to watch that.
Speaker 4: Tell him the whole movie.
Speaker 5: No, oh, I almost did.
Speaker 2: Gosh, and we don't fall for it.
Speaker 4: Simon didn't say don't fall for it. That was good.
Speaker 2: I sat back too once I saw you going in.
Speaker 4: I just shut up and said that, And I think I ruined it by saying tell me the whole movie. Just let her go. Yeah, I gave the old chair, lean back, wait to see where this is. Yeah.
Speaker 10: I honestly was to be like, Okay, so there's this guy does Yeah, now she does it again though, and what she almost did?
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 2: Ope, you guys have a great weekend. Go get some pip of joy stuff if you can. Today's pay day. Got to your shirt or hat or something that helps out.
Speaker 4: We don't keep the money.
Speaker 2: We build a home for a hero who served us and they came back after his you know, time serving, deployed, injured.
Speaker 4: You can hear a story, but that's it. Thank you.
Speaker 2: I hope you guys have a great weekend and we will see you guys on Monday.
Speaker 4: By I