Speaker 1: I am all in.
Speaker 2: Let's kiss you. I am all in with Scott Patterson an iHeartRadio podcast.
Speaker 1: Hey Everybody, Scott Patterson, I am all in podcast, iHeart Radio. One of them productions Pop Culture, Season six, Episode five, Always a Godmother, Never a Godam joined with by my intrepid crew, Tar Sued and Amy Sugarman and Susanne French will join us. She's on a putty break or calls for Luke and there's a that there's a fire. Luke, what are you doing yelling fire? You can't do that, Laurel. I know it only pertains to movie theaters crowded ones. If you're watching a Wednesday matinee of Deduced Big Low, you can yell fire all you want. Hell, you can start a fire. No. One Bigelow Mal Jigglow is a nineteen ninety ninety American sex comedy starring film starring Rob Schneider as Deuice Bigelow and insecure aquarium cleaner who wrecks a house of a Jigglow and must become a jigglow himself to earn the money to repair it. That must have been some pitch meeting. Lorelei is making the joke that it was such a bad movie that no one would be in the theater watching that movie.
Speaker 2: I gotta do this one. This was my favorite.
Speaker 1: I'm going to hand it off to my colleague Amy Sugarman.
Speaker 2: Ladies, thank you so much. LORELEI is going through all the old tapes. You need an episode of Magnum p I from nineteen eighty six. Of course, not that tape is mislabeled. That's ants Landing from nineteen eighty one, which I interject flag on the play because nineteen eighty one was before nineteen eighty six, so why would it be mislabeled with something new. But anyway, I'm going to not not stick on that, So anyway, thank you so much. That's that's not Landing from nineteen eighty one. All the women are held hostage at gunpoint during Ginger's baby Shower Classic twenty one Jump Street season one. You do not need this, Okay?
Speaker 1: Who said that? Luke?
Speaker 2: You said that?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it says Luke.
Speaker 2: So first of all. Magnum Pi Like We All Don't Know is an American crime drama television series starring Tom Selleck and his short shorts and his mustache as Thomas Magnum, a private investigator living on a Wahoo. There was a TikTok the other day just showing all of Tom Selick's short shorts from it, and I was like, so good, okay. So Not's Landing is an American prime time television soap opera that aired on CBS from seventy nine to ninety three. It was a spinoff of Dallas, set in a fictitious coastal suburb of la and centered on the lives of four married couples living on a cul de sac seaview circle. And I think that was not Slanding. Let me try and name somebody.
Speaker 1: That ran for fifteen years.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it had Oh my gosh, she's so beautiful and she's still so beautiful. Hold on, I have to tell you who she was, like one of the main people and literally Victoria's Jon van Arc beautiful, Donna Mills.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, she looks as Shelle Lee was in that too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Michelle Lee, Ted Shackelford, William Devane who. Weirdly, speaking of William Devane, I'm currently watching twenty four season five. I think it is either season four season five, William Devane. I mean, not Slanding was pretty legit. It never really got the acclaim of oh, Lisa Hartman was on not Slanding. You know, Lisa Hartman Black married to Clint Black. It never was Dallas and it was never Dynasty. It was sort of like below but for a long time. Then twenty one Jump Street American police procedural television series that focused on a squad of youthful looking undercover police officers investigating crime in schools, gangs, and other teenage venues. Now, let's talk about this Johnny Depp, But guess who else starred in twenty one Jump Street day Louise Yes, thank you, Scott, thank you for much, and Holly Robinson, who's now Holly Robinson Pete like amazing, and there was a fourth Dustin Yuen was also on it. Twenty one Jump Street was like amazing. I know the movie version, right, you don't know the TV show with Johnny Depp?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: I know the one with ye Jonah Hill Hills and what's his doozy channing?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: And Holly Robinson sang the theme song twenty one Jump Street, Like, how do you not know that? It like launched Fox made Fox Fox so good good three random shows.
Speaker 1: I love it all right, Tara, You're up all right?
Speaker 4: So Luke is telling Laurel I to throw away her old tapes. Lurai says the DVDs won't have the commercials on them, the original commercials, which is half the fun. Spuds Mackenzie Clara Peller, Nothing comes between me and my Calvins. I mean they don't make them like that anymore, it.
Speaker 2: Clara, where's the beef? Yeah? Sorry?
Speaker 1: Is that her? Is that her?
Speaker 2: Where's the beef?
Speaker 1: Where's the bait?
Speaker 4: So Spuds Mackenzie's a fictional dog character used for an extensive advertising campaign marketing bud Light beer in the late nineteen eighties. The dog first showed up in the bud Light super Bowl twenty one at in nineteen eighty seven. Clara Peller was a Russian born American manicurist and television personality who starred in the nineteen eighty four Where's the Beef campaign for the Wendy's.
Speaker 2: Wendy's are so tiny driving that car.
Speaker 4: And you want to know what comes in between me and Mike Calvins. Nothing is an iconic line that Model Brookshields delivered in the nineteen eighty Calvin Klein campaign, one that went on to become one of the most famous and controversial fashion ads of all time.
Speaker 1: M Susanne, French Ladies and Gentlemen stepping into the batter's box.
Speaker 3: All right, Uh, this is LAURELEI telling Luke to not go back upstairs, or else she'll keep all her old tapes. Laura I says, oh, look at that America's Castles, the special Florida edition, seated five times. Checking it, Luke says one thing. Laurel I says, oh. The History of Paper, a documentary by Ted Burns discality of Ken Burns. Luke says, I'm not going up Laura I says, good, Oh, please don't. The Daisy Seasons two and four.
Speaker 2: I've been looking for this.
Speaker 3: America's Castles is a documentary television series that aired on A and E network from nineteen ninety four to two thousand and five. The documents the mansions and summer homes of the high society of the Gilded Age through interviews, historic photos, and newly shot footage. Ken Burns is an American filmmaker known for his documentary films and television series, many of which chronicle American history. And culture and please donate. The Daisies is an American sitcom series based upon the nineteen fifty seven book by Gene Kerr and the nineteen sixty film starring Doris Day and David Niven. The series ran for fifty eight half hour episodes and starred Patricia Crowley and Mark Miller.
Speaker 2: Sorry to interject with a question, are they so? Are Luke and Lorelei sleeping? Is the whole fixed? Because I feel like when we see the exterior there's still like a tarp and the whole is still there, but there are in the living room. It just yeah, it was all mixed up. Okay, thank you, thank yeah.
Speaker 3: Because the scene where She's trying to decide what to wear to the baptism and Luke's laying in bed saying which dress he likes you, They're.
Speaker 2: Like the bed is like right in front of the front. That's what I thought, Okay, Okay, yeah, I was all confused, But great, great, great, all.
Speaker 1: Right, Jackson and Suki fighting about getting the kids baptized. Suki and We'll end up sleeping on a leaky air mattress in the kids room and getting horrible creeks in our next while your mother blasts the Flatt and scrugsy day, and your cousins are going to be picking their teeth with my rata pairing knives, Jackson, What about the time wait to see your stuttering cousin? Odell and the worst production of Nicholas Nickleby known to man? That was nine hours of pure hell. Flat and Scrugs were an American bluegrass duo formed in nineteen forty eight featuring Luster Flat and Earl Scruggs, both of whom had been member of Bill Monroe's Ben the Bluegrass Boys. The Life and Adventures of Nicholas Nickleby is an eight and a half a half hour long adaptation of Charles dickens eighteen thirty nine novel, performed in two parts.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, so it actually is that long?
Speaker 2: I thought he was exaggeration.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Can I do the next too? Because I really want to do the one after this? Can I just be a ball hog?
Speaker 1: Who are we to stop? You? Could we possibly stop? You? Can't?
Speaker 2: Thank you? Thank you. We're reintroducing Logan to Nancy. She's the one who insists I look like Clara Barton, which I'm still not sure is a compliment. Clara Barton was an American nurse who founded the American Red Cross. She was a hospital nurse in the American Civil War, a teacher, and a patent clerk than the one I wanted to do. Suki stressed about seeing Jackson's family. I overcompensate and I start cracking jokes like I'm carrot Top, and I start doing funny things with props, and I hate prov comedy. Scott Thompson is Carrot Top. He's a stand up comedian and actor known for his use of prop comedy. Now, I don't like his prop comedy either. It is funny at times, but it also wigs me out. He's so, he's got that show in Vegas. I've met caratalk. Still going, right, it's still going. He's been going since like literally the nineties. Like what does he do? Oh my gosh. He pulls out all this stuff out of a like you know when you used to go to camp and you'd have what was those called, they were like crates. You bring him to camp back when like our age was at camp, and he pulls all this crap out and puts on weird hats and like, oh my god, it's a little bit like freaky, like a little bit where I'm like light Trump, thank you, it's Trump great. I'm a little freaked out by him, but yet bless him. He's been going strong for so long.
Speaker 1: Where is he at right somewhere? Not comedian smash Pumpkins.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that was Gallagher.
Speaker 1: Gallagher smash it. I mean this was his act, right. I have probably more complex than that, but I don't know. That's funny funny to me.
Speaker 2: It makes me think of a David Copperfield story. So I won't name names, but David Copperfield calls people up out of the audience, and this person was called up out of the audience. The kids are in the audience, makes them disappears.
Speaker 1: They're what they're falling, falling.
Speaker 2: So they take you know, there's a family in the audience and the dad goes up and they do the magic and they all disappear.
Speaker 1: Kid audience one good magic tricks backfire a.
Speaker 2: Tatara, You do this one?
Speaker 4: Even though all right, I was trying to flirt with Lorelei. Lorelei says, nice sunglasses, Very risky business. Bo says risky business. Huh are you into risky business? Laurel I says, no, all of a sudden, I hate it. Tom Cruises underwear makes me want to barf. Would you like to register? A Risky Business is a nineteen eighty three American teen sex comedy film starring Tom Cruise and Rebecca Deep de Morney. Mornee okay your Mornee?
Speaker 2: Hand that rocks the Cradle Love Rebecca de Mornay.
Speaker 4: Starring Tom Cruise and Rebecca de Mournay, It follows the sexual exploits of a high school senior during his parents' vacation trip, and it's considered to be.
Speaker 1: Cruise's breakout role. Oh yeah, that was.
Speaker 4: A really funny line.
Speaker 2: Though I didn't I'm not a huge risky businessman, but I love Oh come, I know. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I think I was too young. I think I just didn't get it.
Speaker 1: I was like Joey Pants was in that time. They kid Nah Now another man's business and a down academy. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I feel like Ray Band needs to really thank Tom Cruise because, oh.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the wafer, then the aviators and the aviators.
Speaker 1: Yeah that was a great movie.
Speaker 2: Scott, are you next to a Susan?
Speaker 1: Oh? I think sane? Yeah? Yeah? All right?
Speaker 3: Uh, Suki is pressuring Luke for the wedding date, Sukie says, Miss Manners said, you're not really engaged until you have a ring and a date. Judith Martin, better known by the pen name Miss Manners, is an American columnist, author, and etiquette authority. In nineteen seventy eight, Martin began writing an advice column, answering etiquette questions contributed by her readers and writing short essays on problems of manners or clarifying the essential qualities of politeness. In her writings, Martin often refers to herself in the third person, e g.
Speaker 1: Miss Manners hopes, I'll tell you we could use a little bit of mismanners these days. Sometimes true. All right, who's up now? Me? Me, me, Suki. She's been institutionalized. She shaved her head. She thinks she Susan Powder. Susan Powder is an Australian born American motivational speaker, nutritionist, personal trainer, an author who rose to fame in the nineties with her catchphrase stop the Insanity of Weight Loss infomercial. She hosted her own talk show, That Susan Powder Show. In the nineties.
Speaker 2: Rory Taels logan she just can't blow off the baptism. You can do anything. You just have to believe in yourself. Did we learn nothing from Mad Hot Ballroom? This made me laugh? Mad Hot Ballroom is a two thousand and five American documentary film about a ballroom dance program in the New York City Department of Education the New York City Public school system for fifth graders.
Speaker 1: Mad Hot Ballroom, It.
Speaker 2: Just funny lines. Did we learn nothing? You can do anything?
Speaker 1: Oh, Tara, Yeah, you want to do another one?
Speaker 2: Let me do another one. Lane trying to read Lane, Thank you, Lane, trying.
Speaker 1: To read them Amy, this one too.
Speaker 2: Laane trying to read the manual to the equipment the boys bought. You gotta be R too, D two to understand this thing. R two D two obviously is a fictional robot character in the Star Wars franchise created by George Lucas. He has appeared in ten of the eleven Star Wars films to date, which is weird he was only in ten. R two D two and his companion C three po are the only characters to appear in every theatrical Star Wars film, with the exception of Solo a Star Wars Story.
Speaker 4: Now Tara all right, So Lane and Rory are catching up. Lane says, you look good too. I like the bangs very Mary and Faithful. Rory says thanks, I'm hoping. Mick Jagger notices. Mary and Faithful is an English rock singer. She achieved popularity in the sixties with the release of her hit single As Tears Go By, written by Mick Jagger. Michael Phillip Jagger is an English singer, writer and musician. He is the frontman and one of the founding members of.
Speaker 1: The Rolling Stones.
Speaker 4: Jagger and Faithful dated from nineteen sixty six to nineteen seventy and became a notorious part of the big swinging London.
Speaker 1: Scene and still going strong in their late seventies. I think, isn't micked like eighty now? M hm ah than Yeah, they're still They're going out on tour. They just released a single with a video.
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm getting the exact age rock on with He exactly emailed those Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 1: He's eighty man. This guy is still cinal. He's I mean, the energy that guy expends on stage, Oh oh my god, he's indestructible.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 1: All right, I'll do the last one.
Speaker 3: This is Kirk deciding which side of the church on. Kirk says, I haven't had much contact with Martha. She seems more reserved, elusive. There's a bit of Garbo in her. Greta Garbo was a Swedish American actress regarded as one of the greatest screen actresses of all time. She was known for her melancholic, somber persona, her film portrayals of tragic characters, and her subtle and understated performances.
Speaker 4: M that was a really funny line from Kirk.
Speaker 1: Actually, oh, Kirk, Kirk, we won in a lot, but he killed it in this episode. Anyway. That's gonna wrap us up for pop culture. Next episode, Season six, episode five, We've got magic to thank you, ladies, Susanne French, Terristuit, Amy Sugarman.
Speaker 2: We no thank you, Scott, no, thank you, no, thank you. I'm gonna go watch old episodes not landing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm gonna I'm gonna not watch anything. I'm gonna eat. I'm gonna eat. I'm gonna watch new episodes of me stuffing my face. Thank you, all right, guys, see you next time. Keep the cards and letter coming. Love you, best fans on the planet and remember we I am all in. See you next time. Stay safe, hey everybody, and talk again. Follow us on Instagram at I Am all In Podcast and email us at Gilmore at iHeartRadio dot com