Speaker 1: Hello everyone, It's Devin Simone.
Speaker 2: And Amissa Ferreira and this is MTV's official Challenge podcast.
Speaker 1: Welcome back.
Speaker 3: I don't know where that came from.
Speaker 1: Today we're covering episodes three and four of The Challenge Free Agents, and remember.
Speaker 2: You can watch The Challenge free Agents along with us right now for free. Go to Paramount plus dot com and use code Challenge Pod to try one month free.
Speaker 1: Don't say we never give you anything, because we're giving you something.
Speaker 3: I mean it's only free partially, like the terms may apply and.
Speaker 1: Shit, yeah you know, but you know you.
Speaker 2: Know reason's line print. But you do get one month. Yeah, and you don't want to miss this crazy.
Speaker 1: It's been so good, So it's cringey again. We gave our disclaimer last week. You didn't hear it, go back and listen to that. But it's been so entertaining to watch the amount of hilarious moments and commentary.
Speaker 3: I mean, I really like this person. This person is it for me? I love this person. This person's incredible. I hate her. I hate this It's the end of my life.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that really checked your hide. And you said you got so mad when people were doing that and voting, they'd be like, I really love them. I think they're the best.
Speaker 3: Like you're really You're really I mean, I'm guilty of it too. You're really sweet and you're such a good person. And this was a really hard vote, but I had to go and follow suit because that's what I'm doing this season around. But I really like you and I hope we could be friends in the future.
Speaker 1: Oh, there was so much of that and your face every time you were just like you were bullshit. Were with Laurel, you were not here. We started to see those claus come out, understandably so because it was shady that she's trying to politic right in front of you and get I thought.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Swift and I were cool. That's why I told you I didn't talk to Swift in the streets Peo, like you know Swift, I'm like Swift who mm hmmm mm hmmm. We talk about he did.
Speaker 1: That to Brandon too, because he was Brandon's they were to be boys.
Speaker 3: And I love like I forgot about that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he was swift er sweeper and then LaToya clapping back at Jordan.
Speaker 2: There were a lot of moments of like, don't, don't, don't he don't, just don't.
Speaker 3: And there was a lot of that.
Speaker 2: It was like, know who your friends are, stop with the bullshit and I'm talking like nobody.
Speaker 1: Can I yet? Just black and clap, came back and clapped and came back. She got black in that moment. No, she like that. We saw. Yeah, it was just it was a lot. It was wild. But even outside of the drama, let's talk about.
Speaker 3: Bachelorette and bachelor of party.
Speaker 1: Oh, because I've.
Speaker 3: Never had that.
Speaker 2: If I wanted to start dating someone or hooking up with them, we just did it.
Speaker 3: We didn't have a party for both parties.
Speaker 1: This was the season of parties that we threw a party like any time that we could, right.
Speaker 2: Like we were all together, it was party time. But it was it was It was Jasmine bringing out this off and I'm like, bet you go my suitcase find a strip club clothes.
Speaker 3: Right, But no, because that did work. That skirt would polewark, That skirt would have been a garden.
Speaker 1: It would have discovered half a nip, just half.
Speaker 3: It would have been a scrunchy.
Speaker 2: She wore that and did fantastic dancing. She had a pole that was not a stripper pole.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she really did. It was impressive that had a weight limit and it was Jasmine's weight.
Speaker 3: It was that was literally just a pole attached to the bar that it was ceiling, and she was out there shaking ass.
Speaker 1: And shout out to everyone for rising to thecation. Because not only did Jazz go full force for the bachelor party, but Magic Johnny came in full force for the bachelorette. I mean, and it's funny because I feel like in his interviews when you watch a part of him seems like he's kind of like, I don't even know what's happening right now right, and.
Speaker 3: Then he's like you, but I'm gonna shoot my shot. I'm shooting shot. Yeah, so good.
Speaker 2: I mean, everybody was like, you miss half the shots, you don't take right, And they were like, I'm going for it. I know this is a bachelor party for your husband, but I'm also going to kiss you adoring it.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna stick my as in your face.
Speaker 3: And to go to the bachelor party. They committed so hard.
Speaker 1: They brought paesels, they really did, and some coins. I think they had some of the crowd none of that, okay, none of the coins in the strip club.
Speaker 3: They should know that.
Speaker 1: That used to be the mystery to me. By the way, this is a little tangent, but I used to wonder so much, like, Okay, what in countries where the coins are the currency.
Speaker 3: For certain you find you find paper?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I heard, I found out how that works. But I was so curious for such a long time. But it was so entertaining to watch that. And then we go to these dailies.
Speaker 4: Today it's gonna be played and teams of four because you can see there's a giant wall with a bunch of holes in it, suspended over the water.
Speaker 5: Your goal is.
Speaker 4: To make it from one platform to the other using only those two bars as a walkway.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Car and I are on the same team. Think we're doing an okay job. And then we timed.
Speaker 3: Guys were slow as hell.
Speaker 1: You were steady, but shut up, shut up.
Speaker 3: You didn't have to do any of You.
Speaker 1: Guys were slow. But to be fair, you guys were the first team to go, and that's always the hardest. And so your strategy was great because you nobody fell or dropped one of the pegs. But you guys were very You guys, I think were halfway through the board by the time a little more.
Speaker 3: Than halfway and halfway more. But we didn't even talk about how my best friend went home.
Speaker 4: Frank, I've talked to the challenge doctor and they said that you have a viral infection.
Speaker 5: What you said that you're very contagious.
Speaker 4: What so I can't have you in the house. I gotta let you go, man, I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: And I was standing right next to him. I was, so you were so worried.
Speaker 3: Not not you moving in line. I don't know who it was.
Speaker 1: It might have been No, that was no, it was Johnny who moved in line. But I was on the other side of me as TJ delivered.
Speaker 3: And I was fine. It just made me upset because imagine if Frank had stayed there, what kind of game that would have It would have Yeah, it would have changed so much.
Speaker 2: And he was so upset because like it's not he had a fever. He was just in his room and I'm.
Speaker 3: Like, come on, I need you to like be at the parties and like have come with us. And it was just sad.
Speaker 2: You never want to see anybody go out like that, especially some some promise that would have brought some drama. He's another one that just talked his ship. Yeah, shout out to doctor Frank.
Speaker 1: Yes, doctor Frank. It was sad to see LaToya go though. And look, while I'm glad the car was there, it was no. It's no shade to Kara. Just first of all, Latoya's commentary one is just in the house.
Speaker 3: It was just I mean, and this is this is the bounce out episode. This is episode four that we're talking about. Just so you don't get any confusion about anything. So basically, we just have to get inside these gigantic Gerbil balls and bounce each other all around.
Speaker 5: Once you score, Group B is gonna come out. First team to score three points win today's challenge, be safe from elimination, and also be choosing one guy and one girl from the losing team send him to the elimination round.
Speaker 1: Hilarious. Isaac did a piss poor performance. I mean, like a dead turtle.
Speaker 3: If we didn't talk shit about that guy and we loved Isaac, yes, I do love it, But when you mess up in a challenge.
Speaker 1: He would just fall over.
Speaker 3: Like he would just fall over like a beetle on its bast just like kind his hands and feet and because he's talking.
Speaker 1: To the camera and He's like, well, it's round two. They're up by two. We need one more point to keep it in the game. Our strategy is to do what we did last time.
Speaker 3: And I was like, no, it's not it's the opposite of what we did last time. I can't. But he was entertainment too, so it's like you didn't want to see You didn't want those kind of people leaving. You had him, you had Leroy. Hudda was funny as.
Speaker 1: Khudda was very funny. Swift I actually forgot this. Swift was funny and swift imitating Preston coming up like a crane in the balls game, being like a craw and then he was falling over in his chair in the interview.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, that was so good, Doude. You remember that Preston threw up before every challenge because we got nervous Preston. I hope, I hope intestinal problems have decided.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I do remember that.
Speaker 3: That is so funny. I can't.
Speaker 1: We just everybody was.
Speaker 3: It was pure comedy.
Speaker 1: It really really was.
Speaker 2: And let me tell you, guys a little bit of what they didn't show and what no one has said yet. We did not I repeat, did not have a kitchen or dining room table.
Speaker 3: M m, you know what, that's good point. So we ate standing up and we would wait for somebody to wash off a fork because we didn't have enough or plates, so I kept all mine on my cubby upstairs.
Speaker 2: That God was in cell block D. Yeah, people, and we literally would stand up or sit on the counter and eat dinner, you're.
Speaker 1: Right, or sit in the couches and that living or you know that giant the deliberation or the voting couch or whatever is where a lot of times.
Speaker 3: People would eat.
Speaker 1: Yeah, girl, I didn't realize we didn't have a tape.
Speaker 2: We had a basketball court, but we did not did have anywhere to eat.
Speaker 1: Proof. Like in life, you can't have it all of you.
Speaker 3: So you could have a mansion on a beach that you can't go on.
Speaker 2: Yes, with a basketball court you could play on, Yes, but there's there's nowhere to eat one place.
Speaker 1: That is true. Cannot have it all.
Speaker 3: You got a pick and choosee you got a pick and chooese.
Speaker 1: Wait, So let's talk about the uh the like iconic moment of the episodes. Okay, and then the thing that we want to leave in the past. All right, I will go for not a note.
Speaker 3: I do have my name. I have to think on the fly, I pulled up my notes.
Speaker 1: I have to say that the iconic it's actually a tie. There's two iconic moments for me and this, these episodes collectively, which would be Latoya's clapbacks. All I asked is that if you want to vote me in, be man enough to tell me don't share a bag of chips with me, and then turn around us throw my name out there like it's all good, no bitch, just as all of them, all of them, all of them, all of them will live in infamy for me and Swift imitating Preston and then falling over in the chair that that level of comedy, it's so pure and so great. Go back and just I actually did rewind and watch at those pieces again because they were so funny. And then the thing that I want left behind is defending trash ass behavior just because you're digmatized. Okay, now I know that this was back then. I get so none of this, please, none of this is like a reflection of now, because we're just talking about what we saw then. But the way that Jay Money Jordan talked to you know, some of the girls house, which is not great. And I get he the moment, I get that he and Justica had history. I get it all that, but just still not it really wasn't great. And then for Laurel to come in and try to tell LaToya to calm down, you know, like, you know, calm down or channel that energy into the game, like if you were voted in, like it's whatever, we can do whatever we want, and try and like get LaToya to back off of Jordan, when LaToya had every right to be upset because he ate some her chips. And then when LaToya says right, when LaToya says, well, you need to check your man and talk to him, and then Laurrea's like, oh, that's not my job. It's not my position to check him. Then, bitch, why is your position him? You're behind and here trying to check me. Akaa LaToya about how mad I am that he voted me in, Like just defending toxic trash behavior. I hope we've all grown past that. I'm sure many of us have. But if you're listening, if you have friends that have a habit of doing that, make them watch this episode. And then point it out to them. But that is the thing I'd like to leave.
Speaker 3: This accountability, damn it.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you don't always have to ride with your person if anything, like what LaToya said is if you really ride with someone, if they're your friend, check there your lover. Yeah, you don't have to check them in front of the group, but you do pull the inside and you're like, hey, that that wasn't good and your wig is crooked, you know whatever, you like, you.
Speaker 3: Really don't think it was bad, you know what I mean. There's that side.
Speaker 1: So it's yeah, there's that, you know.
Speaker 2: We also it's it was a very different time. Well, I'll tell you my moment. Please do Oh Preston, you swan how you just shoved shoved your little body? You went from last to first with yes he did, and but let's leave.
Speaker 3: That in the past.
Speaker 1: Wait, you're leaving Preston's victorious performing in the past or no?
Speaker 2: Yes, he is our moment of the episode. But I mean there were two episodes. Whatever, it doesn't wrong.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's collectively, but let's leave that in the past.
Speaker 2: What would I leave in the past overinflated egos? No?
Speaker 3: She said what she said?
Speaker 2: No, but there were so many of them. Everybody had there was an ego. It's not I have one. I mean, I'd like to leave mine in the past. I would like to leave that episode four in the past. That's what I would like to leave in the past.
Speaker 1: But seeing that feistiness, though, is good and you look good doing it.
Speaker 3: So girls, listen that that BCBG leather top was an extra small girl. Not today, not today, but my weed was sitting in that interview. That's the only thing I will you will keep is that and fashion corner. I'm sorry, but it's gonna have to go right to miss Jasmine. Nobody told you to bring that Britney Spears little right situation, but you fucking she did.
Speaker 1: Do you stay ready so you don't have to get ready right as we Jazz did.
Speaker 2: Listen as much as these are the cringiest episodes I've ever watched, and I will continue to cringe and fum fact, I have not watched this season all the way through before, so I'm gonna really yeah.
Speaker 3: After I was off it, I was like, that's fair.
Speaker 2: But it is just a breath of fresh air to like be able to look at ourselves.
Speaker 3: And just laugh.
Speaker 2: It is like I'm not mad and even like talking to car like not mad.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, no ill feelings to anything with that.
Speaker 1: Why don't we go and take a quick break. But you guys coming up, we have an amazing interview. You guys asked, we listened, which just goes to show please continue to comment on our instagrams. By the way, we listen when you ask nicely. When you say mean things, we ignore you and you may or may not get blucked. But when you ask nicely, okay, and pay attention, and so you ask me listen, and we have the outstanding car Maria here for you today. We're gonna catch up with her, get her take on years past and what she's up to now. She's gonna talk a little bit about her relationship, all sorts of things, how she's grown. Get into it. So grab a snack, listen to these great fabulous commercials by everything that we're telling you to, and then when we come back, you will get to have an amazing interview with the.
Speaker 3: Be a Little Broker. But you'll hear an interview from Karl Maria right after this.
Speaker 1: All right, you guys have asked, I told you, We read the comments and we listened. And Anissa and I are so excited to have this guest here today to catch up. She is a badass, She is an icon. She looks phenomenal in red hair in a way that no one else can pull it off. Purple as well. We are talking about the Kara Riakara.
Speaker 6: Wow, what an intro. I think this is the first time castmates have been happy to have me off for a minute. This is like great, welcome, thank you.
Speaker 1: We are so glad to have you here.
Speaker 3: Have you done any other Yeah, no.
Speaker 6: I just mean in general, like Kara appearing anywhere, it's usually not very.
Speaker 1: So excited to have you here and catch up. Also to talk with you about free agents. Anissa and I have thoughts, We rewatch them, thoughts, thoughts, you have questions, We have so many, so many things.
Speaker 6: All right, let's dive into it.
Speaker 3: Cara, what challenge was this for you?
Speaker 6: You'd have to google it. I have no idea. I'm so bad at trivia that you can ask me about my own history and the challenge and I'll still screw it up.
Speaker 3: I'll get.
Speaker 1: Point noted if ever, competing against Kara, do so in a trivia challenge, because that would be one opportunity potentially to win.
Speaker 3: You never know she could get better. You got better at puzzles.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I did puzzles. It's hit or miss with me, but I always prefer to get my hands dirty.
Speaker 3: Mm hmmm.
Speaker 1: And that you did on this season for sure. By being I mean your relationship with the draw and the kill card throughout Free Agents as a whole. You guys are very close, Kara. How did you feel about having that, that relationship with the draw?
Speaker 6: It was the complete Like Johnny Riley had the luck of the Irish and I just had. I don't know I should have. I should have played the lottery after that, like just apparently whenever the kill card was there, it just summoned me to touch it and flip it and take part. I wanted to do just one of every of the eliminations.
Speaker 1: And I think I did.
Speaker 6: I think I did. I was able to do every one of them, every one of them. I wist.
Speaker 1: I know every time I saw you in the draw, I was excited. Not because I wanted you in the draw but you weren't in No, I was excited because if I was in the draw and car was in the draw, then that meant I probably wasn't going to pull the quille car and car.
Speaker 6: Was You played the most flawless game, honestly, Devin, Like I tell everybody, like, here's the deal people. It's funny because people usually only remember the eliminations. Who wins the elimination, Like this was my crowning season. This was not when I was in it. I was in you know, the worst, Like what is life when I was in it? But that is the season everybody talks about the most when it comes to my challenge career, that and obviously then the bloodlines and the vendetta is But when it comes to making it to a final the smartest way physically to get there is by not seeing an elimination. You don't chance any injuries all what happened to me, and you are fresh as a daisy and ready to go, and it's one hundred percent chance you were in that final. That is extremely smart. Mentally, though, I think going through two or three eliminations and then getting to the final gives you more of a drive and a fire than anybody who didn't have to fight as hard for it. So while physically I think it's the best gameplay absolutely to get to a final, for me personally, I know that when I don't see an elimination, I kind of just fizzle out, like that fire is not there. So and I've noticed that lately, Like you know, in my my later seasons, when I became better at challenges, I didn't have as much fire as I needed in the final you know, so like I like having to fight for it. It It just it helps me mentally to like, you know, you just never quit and you give it all out. So but you and way better game. Bro.
Speaker 1: All I did was say some prayers, let people do what make up. I was just in my own world, honestly, I really and that, and I tried to be honest, Like honestly, I really try to be honest, meaning if I was going to say someone's name, I would tell them beforehand.
Speaker 3: That was just standard.
Speaker 1: I really just tried to be like like I would never say one thing to one person and then not. And the only time I ever turned on a person was because they turned on us first, and then I told the person I was turning on them. So yeah, I just tried to try to be honest. But I think the way both of you kicked ass this season, and we are both are known as elimination queens. Really like there is a fight. That's one of those things that no one can take from you. And I imagine, like you said, Kara, it gives like an added strength just in terms of what you're capable of, not only in the Challenge House, but in life and just all.
Speaker 2: It definitely makes it that much sweeter I think when you like have to fight for it. I mean, granted, I almost got through one season without seeing one, but it also made me realize like why I was still there and why I was still fighting, and that I still like can kick ass. It's like it kind of like gives you some like fire and some confidence back in like you know, you can win challenges and whatever. I feel like it just I don't know, it just does something. It's kind of magical in there, and it also makes other people scared.
Speaker 1: That's what I was about to say it of you all in general, nobody wants to see.
Speaker 3: You in an elimination. Nobody wanted to, especially with Naya.
Speaker 2: If you see the difference between Kara and Ia, and like clearly Kara always had guns as in arms guys.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, good catch, good catch.
Speaker 2: She was always like physically fit, and then Nya was a bigger girl than her.
Speaker 3: And when we say bigger, I mean just like taller.
Speaker 6: She's bigger there for sure. Like she was like a half bet.
Speaker 2: To lose that one. Carra was definitely the underdog in that. But like if you could pull someone bigger than you and a fight that you probably weren't supposed to win, like in people's eyes right and mine, right, that is size difference wise, It's that's an amazing type of win.
Speaker 1: Did you feel like an underdog? It's you bring up an interesting point, Anissa Carr, Did you feel like an underdog that season?
Speaker 6: I think I have always, I mean especially in the obviously the beginning of my challenge wher in the middle. I've always felt in the underdog position. I think a lot of people when they meet me are surprised at how tiny I am. So yeah, I have muscles, but I'm fatite. I'm smaller in stature compared to a lot of the other Challenge women probably, but it's I don't I have a lot of fight in me. There's like so much fight in this dog. I'm telling you, Like, if you put there's a difference between in the first half of my challenge, where like where I would do a challenge and I'd be like, oh, I don't know what if I fall?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 6: Like I always hesitate in the challenges, but there was zero hesitation in an elimination with me. Like when I am in the arena that is my home, it is do or die, and it's like I leave everything on the field. And in that elimination with Naya, I looked at it. I was like I knew it. I knew I was gonna go against you. Like I looked at it. I was like, I knew this was gonna happen. I knew you were gonna be mine. I think I said that, and you know, against heart was like, I'm so thankful that they never the the elimination was never reset. Like a time, it ran down to who's gonna dig it out the longest, who's got the most grits, every bit of her weight digging into the sand is pulling into my shoulders.
Speaker 3: It is agonizing, And it was a long time. It was like I thought it was never gonna I was like, are we sleeping?
Speaker 1: Yeah? It just that was a very long time. And I remember Car you showed us like when you got back to the house and you're taking your shirt off. The amount of bruises that were like across your shoulders and your chest. Can you tell us a little bit more about that and what the aftermath was from doing that particular elimination.
Speaker 6: So this this was the first time this elimination was played on this season. So the next time it came about, you know, those modifications, like they learned, you know, so it's like let's add padding, let's you know, let's move the so it's not so much.
Speaker 1: Torque tork, you know things.
Speaker 6: Some things were changed, you know, and so but I'm thankful everything was as it was with me because I remember, and I'll tell you in a second, like the bruising and what happened and losing complete feeling in my arms, and the same happened in Naya, Like we lost complete like my my whole left arm was dead, it was numb. I was like, I might have screwed something up. I can't even pick my arm up. But I'm not gonna tell anybody. I'm just gonna shut up and keep pushing. And I remember just being in that elimination as it was, and like any little centimeter that I was able to dig out like a little turtle in the sand. Cet would like lose his ship. Every time I looked up at ct is like his big blue eyes would just like get bug right out, like literally.
Speaker 2: I mean there was a lot of people hanging over yeah, but I like was zone then on the other side. It did make me realize that you and Johnny had that rivalry for so long. But to back up further, do you think I find this to be like, they're not a lot of us that started, you know, have done so many seasons, whether consecutively or not from the beginning. Do you think like getting older, you just stop giving a shit like what people think what's going on? You just go in there and you're like fuck it. And do you think that that has anything to do with like actually winning dailies and like doing better in the challenge itself.
Speaker 6: I think just us. I think just the experience. I think because I'd never done sports in my life and showing up on the challenge, I had no idea what I was doing. And still the challenge will always challenge you. You could be the most physically in shape gym rat in the world and they'll pull out some thing that you have some like minute to win it like, how the hell do you figure this out? And the only person I know they could figure out everything on our feet, honestly is Laurel. But most most people it's like, what the heck is this? I've never played this game before, so I just think the only thing that's made me more confident is just like the experience. And yeah, I give I'm like, I know I've fallen before. It's a million times here we go again, so it's yeah, but I definitely definitely miss it. But I do love eliminations more than challenges. I'll say that. Oddly, I don't know why. I think it's like I feel like when I go into an elimination that it's wwe right, and I've got the whole crowd, and I'm just gonna like ham it up. Like I think if I have a word to come back, it would be more exciting for me to go in again and be able to play and get my hands dirty and just ham it up and know that like, when you're an elimination, it's not the end of the world. It's a chance to fight to stay in the house. No matter what it is, it's your chance. It's in your hands. You could get voted in every time, but it's in your hands if you go home or not, no matter what it is. And like I think, just it's just it's so cool because all lives are on you. People forget who won the challenge, I forgot, but who won the elimination I remember, you know.
Speaker 1: So I love that positive outlook.
Speaker 3: That's so good.
Speaker 1: That's a good positive spin. It's a positive.
Speaker 7: I mean, I still don't want to go to an elimation, but that is a fair Some people thrive in high stress atmospheres and for some reason, like I do, just always feel like we're a band of band of misfits, you know, on the challenge, like this band of just really interesting folks.
Speaker 1: I feel like this season was really that by the way, I loved it. Yeah, it's people did not give a ship. It was so funny, and they were all different.
Speaker 2: Everybody had their strengths and weaknesses, and it was you know, and I no one was afraid to fight.
Speaker 6: I miss I missed that. I'll be honest with you. We had there was so much your your laugh and it's cringey because of how emotional we were so invested. But like and I haven't, you know, caught up in a little bit. I don't know what what the challenge world is like these days. But from what I from, what different from what I know, you know, is back then, there was so much fire, There was so much fight. It was do or die. Everything was real, and that was like it was just real. And I think now, you know, from the maybe the newer people are just like, well, you know, I know, I'll just get called, I'll get my money. I don't really care. It's like there's not that that fire that I think we all had. Like Jasmine Crime, like she was like she wanted it so bad. It's not just a guarantee like, oh I'm coming back. I really don't care. Let me just be nice to everybody, you know, like we.
Speaker 1: Were relatability that was that was there. There was an authenticity where it wasn't just all pro athletes, right Like I mean, I remember there'd be a handful of people in the house that would be in the gym. No, but even those who seem like they don't work out, like even those who's like sort of vibe is, oh, I'm just chilling in the house when we've interviewed them here on this podcast and you talk to them. No, no, no, they're secretly training before they go, like they're really whereas on this show, you know, good and well, Jasmine didn't train anything except for maybe a to work in that outfit. That was all she came prepared with, ashers held, she really did. We're talking about Nanni's backsorette card I remember remember the backsurette we threw for Nanni and Kahada. So Jasmine was on the magic mic and then Nannie kissed magic mic.
Speaker 6: That is that was for the days. Like I said, not only like the authenticity we had. The fights were real. The way that we felt about each other in the moment, it was real. It was passionate, and it's like, you know, not to throw it back to you know, this newer generation, this newer prop that's been coming in since I've been chilling, you know, not to bring up maybe Paulie, but I like, there's the thing I love about him is, yes, he's had his moments where we can all you know, people want to make fun of him for his moments, but the man does not quit. He is passionate. He is like not the thing I love about him and what I was hoping to see more from from new people, or what I would like to hear from more new people is just like that that fire would come in and not just kiss the ring and just be like, let me be best friends with everybody, because I want to, you know, make sure that I'm okay coming in just like that real authentic fire, and he has that, and I would definitely love to see a lot of him, and especially see him in a uh physical elimination. To be honest with you, I'd really like to see that going forward, just as there's.
Speaker 2: A few of the new people. Look, I feel like Arassio and I feel.
Speaker 6: Like Johnny knew Johnny I've heard about.
Speaker 3: Assio is something you would love it.
Speaker 2: I mean, he's a gem and he's beautiful, but he's so athletic and so passionate.
Speaker 3: He gets pissed when he loses. He's like he has that.
Speaker 6: I've heard that from people about him.
Speaker 3: That's nice too.
Speaker 2: So it's like, well, Johnny was really good too, but he got eliminated early.
Speaker 3: He has that.
Speaker 1: I'd say Olivia too, I mean broke her face and wanted to keep going like she broke in places.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I heard about that. Yeah, Okay, I heard.
Speaker 1: I think there are people that have fire, but I just think as someone who's so far removed from it now, like myself, there's just a relatability that was that we had. I feel like when in the Free Agencies and walking back, even in interviews, the amount of hysterical. I don't know if you remember when we had to get in those inflatable balls on the sand and basically play soccer, but we're like bumping heads with our bodies. Oh my god, it was hysterical the commentary and like Isaac falling over himself time I was.
Speaker 6: I remember I was on your team again to take out Johnny so many times. Yes, my little ass and a freaking bubble was going to do anything. I bounced off.
Speaker 1: You guys were going head to head. Card to the commentary, he.
Speaker 2: Bounced all of us on our asses and we were like, all right, get back up.
Speaker 6: Do you like he had it?
Speaker 3: I don't know to corner him with Johnny.
Speaker 6: I don't know if it's like, you know, the the let's be you know eventually, Like I don't know if it's just because he had a secret crush on me, but like this guy had me like to the wall every time. That first challenge on free agents going up the stairs, he made his mission to close line me hadn't be choked out going up the stairs, so I couldn't even go up the stairs. I'm like, what is this man's you know, thing for me here?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 6: He was very aggressive.
Speaker 3: Steps have you guys, Have you guys reconciled that? Now? Where is that that rivalry with that?
Speaker 6: I'm I don't really know where it stands. All I know is like at one point he was like, you know, let's be uh the king and Queen to the challenge. What if what if I dated if Paully dated Natalie and like we dated each other kind of thing, and then uh, you know, maybe that's why he doesn't like Polly so much, the crush on me. We'll leave it at that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this whole time.
Speaker 6: Yeah, here's the thing. I feel like I was never that person. I think people learned real quick with me that like when your phone calls would come out and they'd be like, hey, hey, you're gonna be on it, Hey, you're going to be on it, and to me that just like it used to make me mad because it's like you don't talk to me or check on me outside of this, but you're just calling to see from a beyond it so that I can have your back. Like that's not me. I'm not going to be like, let me go out and take pictures with people to be like, oh, I'm here with this person. And I just feel like there's so much fakeness. Like I know we were authentic in our emotions and how we were and that realness and relatability when we were when we were competing, but I feel outside of it, I'm just very like I just have so much going on in my life, especially now, and I've got so much cool things that like I just kind of keep to people who give me peace and give me happiness. And I feel like the people that are that are my fellow competitors, I would call them is just what it is. Those are those are coworkers, Whereas I feel like a lot of people and I'm stupid, you know, Like I think the political game is a huge part of it to show for all those people that are best friends that vacation on and off the show, that are like, let's do everything together, let's be besties for life. That's great. That helps you out in the show that's huge. That's a huge part of the game is political. But I'm very stubborn and I'm like, I would rather just live my life outside. And if I ever go back to compete, you'll see me when I'm there. You won't know I'm coming, and I'll just show up and do work. And I've always kind of relied on that.
Speaker 1: In the house though, you were very very close to lay like this was the beginning of the fracture, or maybe it was the combination of the fractures, like the relationship with Laurel. But at the time you guys were you were calling yourselves best friends and were like thieves and at the hip, and I presume you were hanging out even outside of the Challenge house prior.
Speaker 3: To coming in on free Agents, keeping in touch.
Speaker 6: She she was somebody I almost considered her like a sister at that time. And then she I don't know, things got weird, like with her being best friends with like Jessica. I don't know what she was doing, just I think things got weird in the house. I don't really know how to explain it, but that's what I remember about that.
Speaker 1: Was it because she was dating Jordan, Like it did seem weird. It's like there was this weird dynamic that ultimately giving it away to listeners. Although this season's been out for nine years, you probably don't, but uh that you know comes to a head. Did you guys ever even try to talk or fit because you guys came in the house loving each other, left the house almost like not speaking right or really just not being on the same side. Did you did either of you try to reconcile after free agents.
Speaker 6: I'm just pretty sure she's going to be my rival forever.
Speaker 3: Okay, there's some relationships you just can't repair. Yeah, and you just kind of got it.
Speaker 6: There's no there's no hate like I'll be honest you, like, there's not one person like. I don't have hate for anybody. I truly don't like. I honestly am just like minded my business live in my life. I've grown up a lot, a lot because I know how I was back in those days. I cringe to either look at myself back in those days. I'll be honest with you, but I've I've just grown up a lot. I keep to myself and there's no hatred towards anybody. But there's an understanding of how people are and then with that knowledge how I operate around them all.
Speaker 2: I totally as there are new people, like I think we keep because the seasons are back to back and there are all these spinoffs, you end up seeing these.
Speaker 3: People way more than you ever have. We used to do them like what once a year or not.
Speaker 2: Everybody was called you could have a job, you could have a full time job.
Speaker 1: I have a job, me too.
Speaker 2: I had got back to it. I mean I didn't really have to get back. I got back to the stage when I could. But I was like, okay, cool, I got one friend and I'm sticking to it. But like other people, you just learn over time, like they'll show.
Speaker 3: Themselves, you know what I mean, and then you're like, okay.
Speaker 2: There's also this age discrepancy, like people that are twenty three and I'm forty one, like we're probably not gonna have like the same ideas about things or life or whatever. So it does become I look at it like, yes, a job, It definitely is.
Speaker 3: I've made a couple of cool friends from it.
Speaker 6: But I think now that I'm I'm older too. I think because when it started melting and doing so many in a row, I kind of lost myself. I lost like what's real and what's not real? And I was like reality Kara, like you know, and it was just it was just blurring the lines of my real life and the competition. And I feel like now I can understand like nothing, nothing will ever be taken personally anymore, because I'm like everything's a game. Everybody's trying to make their money, and like, as long as I do my absolute best, I don't, you know, in my opinion, I'm like, nobody'll beat me. It's only me that's gonna, you know, ruin it for myself. So whatever anybody else does around me or doesn't do, or if they have my back or they don't, it might hurt in the moment, I'll deal with it. You know, you're always gonna get a the car. But I just definitely feel like in these past three years, it's just been nice to be able to establish reality, my reality, my real life, and I don't ever want to go.
Speaker 3: Back to, you know, the losing yourself.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I definitely lost myself. I really did.
Speaker 1: What does that real life look like?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 1: For the for the people that have been inspired by you and your story, And I also just want to say, going back to something we said earlier about you sort of feeling like the underdog, or maybe some people seeing you as the underdog. You know, in living in a house with you, it always baffled me because there was never a moment. I don't know if it was your energy, I don't know, if it was how you carried yourself, I don't know, if it was your muscles, I don't know. But there was never a moment to me that you ever came across as under like you. From the moment I met you literally seemed like a powerhouse. And so when you went on to kick ass, it was not a oh, that's a shock, It was like, yeah, well that you know that tracks. So it's it's fascinating to me that you viewed yourself as an underdog. Yeah, assa, what are you?
Speaker 3: And I get what you're saying. I get what you're saying.
Speaker 2: I think that there have been like many versions, as all of us have experienced, And when I look at this, I mean there are a lot of versions of us. I think that I mean, politically, you have to find your way, friendships, finding a way. I think that.
Speaker 3: There were I'm saying, no, when you start That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: So like maybe not an underdog, like clearly not physically, but being thrown in a bunch, or being targeted or being talked about, or like dealing with your own ship. I feel like that's the part where like things are stacked against you, right, it doesn't have.
Speaker 3: To be like physical.
Speaker 1: I mean this time her and I don't know that, but but.
Speaker 3: Were stacked against her.
Speaker 6: If I was the first one in line, the last one in line.
Speaker 1: I even let you. I remember when it was just me and you once car and I let you pick. I let you pick which or what the order was, and then you got to go first and pick the card. And sure enough, the Lord was with me that day because I still didn't have to go exclimination because my ass would have gone home.
Speaker 6: It's really funny now I know you hate you.
Speaker 1: We actually got into it at the reunion because it's really the only time I've ever clapped back at a reunion, because I do think you were mad that I made it to the final without all in your eyes working for it. But we talked about this in the TSA line, and we've we've reckoned up, and you I forgot what you said about it, and I said something to the effect of, well, I just clapped back about like being in the gym versus like being social or something like that. It was funny in hindsight, but we just had very different games. The reality is is you were, You were and always will be a much stronger competitor, and but.
Speaker 6: You made it to the final, which is the point of the whole.
Speaker 2: Being that you guys like I know, I called myself a political mastermind now because it's fun, but really, I kid you not.
Speaker 1: There was no strategy. It was do make up. It was I'm not a drawn a person anywhere real life. I don't like, I don't get in my real life doesn't have a bunch of fights in it, Like that's just not my thing, So I don't that. And I was left on the back of the bus the one time there was a super big fight, So it just happened not to be there.
Speaker 3: There was not a strategic.
Speaker 1: Thing of be friends, be nice to this person, because there was honestly was just me and I was just as shocked as everybody else every time that I was there. For the following week, kid you not you?
Speaker 8: You definitely the thing about you Devin. If I remembering this season is like you were just you. You just did your thing, Like whether it was just I think you were you even in the guys room, yeah one point, the whole makeup aerread stuff, but like you were just you. And it's like we were just literally dealt different cards. And I think at the time and how young I was and my mentality, I was like everybody was elimination.
Speaker 6: And now as a person's been in a lot of eliminations, such as also Anissa, it's like, I'm like, it's honestly for me, I do I should, I should go into eliminations just because mentally it's gonna help me do better in the final. But want to if you But but honestly, if you can get to a final without seeing one, you played a flawless game, whether you won the challenges, you made the right friends, you you lucked out, whatever it was, you got there. And that is the whole point of the whole thing is to get there. So I would never look at anybody sideways for making it there without seeing elimination. I'm like, well, you just played better than I did, apparently, you know what I mean. Like that's how I am now as opposed to back then, I was like, I've got to force somebody else is gonna take a turn, Like I was.
Speaker 1: Yeah, which iel you were feeling that way, I don't feel that way.
Speaker 3: I'm it just gets frustrating.
Speaker 6: You're so angry about the moment. But like, looking back, I'm like, that's one of my best seasons. Like it's so cool that I went to so many It's so cool that I got all those elimination wins. Like I can look back and be like really proud.
Speaker 1: I mean so much respect for you, like like killed it. Well, you did have a choice because while you didn't have a choice about whether or not you'd go into eliminations, you did have a choice in how you would use that fire, like how you would internalize that you know, how much you would fight the next round and every time you made the choice to fight, which is just like so badass and I know, inspirational even to people that are just now discovering this season, which is really really cool. Okay, we need to take a quick break, but don't go anywhere and we'll be right back after this. Now, two things that I because I know we're gonna get comments and tweets and all the things. If we don't ask so one, what is Kara? You kind of mention like what your life is like?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 1: What is Kara's life like?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 1: What does a day to day look like? With you? So? What do you do for work?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 1: What is what is car?
Speaker 6: Well? I you know what? That was the question I asked myself when I kind of you know, was away from the challenges for a bit, because all I was was I was card from the challenge. That's who I was. And I'd lost myself. And so when I, you know, the pandemic happened, things shifted around and I was just at home and I was like, who am I? And at that time, my horse also passed away. So my horse that I'd had since I was fourteen years old, I had her for twenty years of my life. She lived to thirty years old. She she passed away, and to me, I was like, who am I? Now I don't have my garnet, I'm not on the challenge. What am I doing? And it was in that moment Paulie was living with me, and I remember just being like what do I do? And Pauli's like, well, He's like you always love photography, Like you're always creeping around taking pictures of you know, giving everybody pictures of the night that I didn't know you took, Like, you know, why don't you get into why don't you start taking pictures again? And I remember being so unsure of myself and so insecure and not knowing like you know when you're like I could do a little bit of this. I do a little bit of this, and I just didn't have Oddly enough, I didn't have the confidence myself. People look at me and they're like you're confidence. I'm like no, I always question And in this moment, I was like, what if I look good? There's so many good people look at Instagram? Like how am I going to get like that? I don't have the equipment. I don't know where to start, I don't know what to do. And probably was like he got me the laptop, the you know, to get started on, and he's like, you're doing it. He goes get started, and he set me up with one of his friends who was a photographer, and he literally just like pushed me off the cliff to do it. Because I would have questioned. I would have said a million reasons why I shouldn't, I question myself and he gave me the shove, and with that I found so much happiness in finding my creativity again. So I do a lot of the photography for his He's got like a model, a talent model management thing, so we do events and stuff like that. So I do shoots with the girls, I'll do shoots with clients. I haven't gotten a chance to get back on horses again, which is sad, but I do Ultimately, when I settle down, I want to go to you know, the kill pens and Rescue two. When I finally stop traveling so much. I'm still working out once or twice a day because I need it from her.
Speaker 1: Arms car see those arms for the listeners, they look you might imagine thank you.
Speaker 6: And right now as we speak, I'm in the middle. I had turned my house into an airbnb because I didn't want to sell it. I thought, oh, I'll be going back to Montana. Let me freaking business me in Montana, Like what was I doing? Whole lot of that. But the months that it would it would rent out the most are the months that I wouldn't even be able to go there, because that's May, and that's the best time to be there. So I was like, so so there was just so I ended up just turning around. I got a really good offer for it, and I was like, you know what, I'm like, what if I wash my hands clean start a completely new chat there. Me and PAULI are now a road trip and he bought two units that he's renting out one of them. We're living in the other one, and then we find our new home, our new start, you know, then we'll rent out that all the one that we're staying in now.
Speaker 1: So where are you guys going to?
Speaker 6: We are in Florida now, no more shovel and snow. So I'm very excited. I love it. I love the beaches, that love the heat. I'm gonna find horses to ride, like, lots of models to take pictures of, lots of.
Speaker 1: Girls, all these they're right there.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm happy. And I think that's the most important thing. Like I said, when I you know you need as wonderful and of a blessing is that the challenge is I think it's very important. And now I know that individuals, when they find themselves losing who they are, that they take a break because that burnout is real, But I'm uh, my break is over. I'm ready to come back. I'm just.
Speaker 1: Next question because have you gotten calls? Have you gotten calls and just turned them down as you were in this chapter? Like why has it been so long that we and feel free to spill any tea here because it's just me and a Nissa listening anyway, But yeah, why has it been so long since we've seen you? And can we expect to see you soon?
Speaker 6: Performer is a is something that that oh, you know, the challenge gods only know. But I everything happens for a reason. I'm in a way way more more. I mean, I'm in an incredible headspace to be able to come back should I be given that opportunity, And all I would say is just don't don't ever don't count me out, you know, don't don't.
Speaker 1: I want to see you come back in the house and f ship up. Can I just say i'd put I want you to show up. I want all the rookies, even the tough ones. Doesn't mean I don't like the rookies. Guys don't tweet me, but I want to see I want to see Kara just be. I would live to see that it wouldn't know what hit him.
Speaker 6: It's I will promise you if I come back everything, I do, everything I say the way that I like. I am one hundred percent real. Like if I don't like you, you know it. If we're not getting along, I don't hide it. Like everything is there.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 6: I'm not trying to play best friends. I'm just real. And if I like you and you know it, that's freaking special. That means a lot. That means I got you like. That means something more than for somebody that comes in and is best friends with everybody, because you're a friend to everybody or a friend to no one. But if you're friends with that one person that has no one, then you really have that person. So that's me. I'm refreshed. I'm ready to come back. I hear the fans like loud and.
Speaker 1: Clear, and just.
Speaker 6: Keep being loud. Yeah, I come back. The main thing you're gotta know about me is I never start shit, but I will finish it. So if you shoot for me, you better shoot to kill because if you don't, I come back for you and everybody that you're with.
Speaker 1: That's how I fe I feel like the car is the living embodiment of Coral's phrase, I beat bitches up. I feel like that's the vibe. You guys should see the face and niece's making it right now, laughing.
Speaker 6: Just like, don't compare those two. No, I'm just.
Speaker 1: Saying the embodiment.
Speaker 2: They're very That was a very different time these are we're talking about to very yes, but just the way but just confident.
Speaker 1: Yes, that like energy is sort of is that which I I love and live for?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 1: Would you vote Anissa in if you came back on a season and the niece's on it, she may.
Speaker 6: You're gonna you're gonna tell me any seasons?
Speaker 2: You guys who else is on there?
Speaker 6: Aren't got friends?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 6: And that was an easy vote for me, But you gotta give me the situation.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't.
Speaker 1: But you know what, I wouldn't take it.
Speaker 3: It's just a game like I wouldn't take it personally.
Speaker 6: You know what, I'm not going to vote you in because that would be you'd have more eliminations than me and I. We're kind of battling it out right now, so the record, so if you could take it, I'll take a break.
Speaker 3: I will. I will let you just snatch up a few, and then the next season I'll snatch up a few. Where are we at? Oh I have I have twenty six?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 6: Wait?
Speaker 3: What do I What do I have at nineteen?
Speaker 5: What?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: Car? Sounds like you need to come back.
Speaker 6: What have you been up to since I've been gone?
Speaker 3: Anisa, Jordan and I got pitches up. We were in the sand a lot, and then I had to.
Speaker 2: Go against Laurel, I had to go against Hasey, I had to go against Amber, I had to go against.
Speaker 1: But Car, you guys are tied with elimination wins, so you have thirteen wins. Okay, I think it's time to break that tie.
Speaker 3: Okay, I don't I think. I think, yep, No.
Speaker 6: That's the only thing you're going for you and there's your record because I'm very competitive and I don't want you to have better better than me. So I also also.
Speaker 1: Tied Withers.
Speaker 3: Trio.
Speaker 1: Honestly, but I think.
Speaker 3: We've been in more.
Speaker 6: I feel like at this point in my life, like I don't feel like I have anything more to prove in my challenge career other than I know I can have fun. I want everybody to know that I can have fun. I want to win more eliminations and yeah, I would like to get a third win. I would like to get a third official win on you know, on my record. But other than that, like I should prove yeah, I guess, because I don't know if like the one I did pros versus I mean, I did have to go against pro win.
Speaker 1: But okay, so I want five guys, listen, it's feasible teams, partners, solo. I need to do another I think of mix it up free agents version and also just for the listeners out there, the reigning champ of elimination wins is the man who has cars and fifty businesses and jeeps and trucks and all the things. My fellow Kansas City and yes, Wes has fourteen elimination wins.
Speaker 3: So that's fine.
Speaker 6: Oh and we're at thirteen.
Speaker 1: You're at thirteen with Anissa and Nanners.
Speaker 6: All right, well let's keep an eye on that.
Speaker 1: Okay, before for those who are doing the rewatch with us though, So we were talking about the ball thing, right, the human soccer thing, and how Preston came out as like talk about underdog as the champ. I don't remember a champ. Preston helped Jordan, who was the ball get in twice. He came out of nowhere and managed to like and this is after Preston had been picked last every single challenge so far, and it was really his crowning moment. Like I think you know he felt one of like one of the guys. How do you if you can remember back in that moment, especially since you thought that you two were a form of an underdog, were you shocked that Preston was so capable or.
Speaker 6: Like, I mean, it just goes to show you that, like every dog has their day and that's like, it's that's what makes the challenge so great is that you never know what's gonna happen. And I feel like Preston just he just wanted to show everybody like how much he could give and the fact that he came out of the star is just that's so bad. Us I love that for him.
Speaker 1: It was so good also hilarious. Also everybody made fun of Leroy for them getting like scored on by Preston.
Speaker 6: Honestly, Leroy is about as good as challenges like daily challenges as I am, but like he's good, like where Leroy shines his elimination, it's like, you know, Leroy is going to give everything he has in Crushia in the elimination. That's that's where he shines.
Speaker 3: Shines in the house.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's so.
Speaker 3: Every time he.
Speaker 2: Was so to keep him around because of haircuts, Yeah, that goes this guy started looking rough. It was like a weird Once he leaves, everybody starts looking real rough.
Speaker 6: Did we We didn't talk about We're not. We're not at the point of Jordan and Johnny, are we.
Speaker 1: It's it's starting because Jordan goes off on Jessica pretty badly and Johnny defends Jessica.
Speaker 3: You don't do that screaming at a girl at the top of your lungs.
Speaker 6: It's not that I had any respect for Jordan's going into this.
Speaker 4: I've lost even more respect for him.
Speaker 1: And yet let's talk about that. And so what we've been doing Carra by the way, for this season since the rewatch, we're kind of we've we've put a disclaimer out there that there are things that like we cannot be held accountable for because it was nine years ago and things that were said and done then or not messally cool now to no better, to do better. But the way that people were coming for Jessica in the house and the way that Jordan. So Jordan got mad because Jessica told Anissa that in deliberation that hey, your name. But I went back and told Jordan's Jessica under the bus by the way with that you could like somebody's I.
Speaker 3: Was roommates with Jordan's. But she was trying to help you because Laurel was coming for me for no reason.
Speaker 1: But she was trying to help you out. You could have been like somebody said, not you were like Jessica, And McCain said, I.
Speaker 3: Wasn't scared of anything. I didn't care what I said, what was going to happen.
Speaker 1: No, she was trying to write out for you sort of and then you like, but Jordan's promised somebody else, and Jordan's then got pissed and went off on Jessica. Yeah, what are your what are your?
Speaker 6: I want to be real real about Jordan's. I love someone with fire. I love someone that's just going to tell everybody like it is, even the people that even the veterans, even people that have been there forever. Jordan's gonna do what he's going to do. And I thought that was so cool. Now I feel like he's kind of running with the pack. But side notes. The other thing about Jordan's on the on the con side is he'll and I understand him and Jessica were they're both on Portland. Yeah wrong, yeah, okay, so they have history and he and I don't know if it's like the the coach the athlete in him, because I know this, I see the same thing. You know, like Paulie is really good, really good with me and with other women. But I do notice like his his competitive side is just the same, Like he reminds me of his fire is a lot of Jordan, and like if he wants you to be better, he's like he'll he'll try to push and so I want to think of that in the way of Jordan and Jessica. But like Jordan gets like mean about it and that I do not.
Speaker 1: Like what did you think about when he was doing that? And a lot of people were giving jess like watching it back, I remember it vaguely in the house, but even some of the girls were kind of giving jess You know, some people are saying she's walking around like she owns the game.
Speaker 3: She hasn't done anything, but she.
Speaker 1: Was across that log on episode one, she why shouldn't Yeah, like I don't recall her being arrogant because we were younger and petty is, Yeah, I think.
Speaker 6: A lot if a girl's I think that everybody in that damn house, whether they believe it or not, should say I'm gonna win, I'm gonna win this or I'm gonna crush it, like everybody should say that and believe that about or just like lie until the fake until they make it. And nobody if you're if you're just a confident enough person, nobody's saying that should intimidate you. Like I'm never gonna be like, oh, look at her thinking she's the best, Like what she shouldn't think she's the best? Aren't we supposed to be supporting women. Aren't we supposed to make women feel good about themselves? Why am I mad that a woman says I did a good job, I'm good Like that shit pisses me off when anything in the house, and I will I'll call that out too, because like I've had people tell me like, and I'm the most I picked myself apart ten ways from Sunday, but like all of people come to me or say to me in the house. Oh, she's just too confident. She says this about herself or she thinks she can win. Should I not? Do you want me to be? Do you want me to talk bad about myself? Do you want me to think I can't do it? Would that make you feel better? Whose problem is that?
Speaker 3: Probably? It probably would make people feel better eat.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's reflection of their own insecurity. And what was interesting is seeing Laurel because this is also kind of like it's the beginning, like the planning of seeds thing. I mean, we see a Nissa and Laurel kind of at at head. Nissa is not through.
Speaker 3: I was ready.
Speaker 1: And Laurel defend Jordan's yelling at Jessica, which was actually really wild to see because I don't.
Speaker 2: Know if she minimized it. No, she what's the word I'm looking for, rationalize?
Speaker 3: I don't know. Yeah, thank you, she like validated his response.
Speaker 1: And LaToya said you need to check communicate, and then she said it's not like it's but you came in the room to check LaToya and then for being mad at Jordan for speaking.
Speaker 3: I don't think anybody could terribly.
Speaker 1: Right, LaToya is we need LaToya on the pod.
Speaker 2: We need her back, Yeah, to tell everybody. She said everything anyone ever thought it was so funny. I was so afraid to say sometimes.
Speaker 6: She just was straight up so funny and like the way she says things like you can't be mad at you're like, yep, she's right.
Speaker 1: Right yes where she told she told Jordans like you like what you had, two faced motherfucker when you find your balls and your balls dropped and you can come talk to me.
Speaker 3: It was like, why you want to come in and share my chips? Oh my gosh.
Speaker 1: And then she goes, I'm sorry for the interruption, TJ. Continue, we can precede, TJ.
Speaker 3: I do apologize for the interruption.
Speaker 1: Wild It was so it was his face during that, like yeah, she told him like you.
Speaker 2: See like the veins and ship and he was kind of red and I was like.
Speaker 6: I remember he tried it on cam and tried to like, you know, come at her for like not working out or running around in the house and she laid there. She's like he would like make fun of her cause she was laying in bed or something, and she's like, he goes, are you working out? Is that you're working out? And she's like, yeap working out in my dream, so like she would like shut him down in a different type of way, but anyway, he's still.
Speaker 1: I will say, in the last season, I feel like, even though there were things that weren't great, I do feel like there's been a little bit of growth. I don't know if you would agree, Nissa, but I feel like I've seen some growth and how he's trying to be better in his.
Speaker 3: Communication and listen.
Speaker 2: I mean, this was the best time when I did thirty eight with him. It was the best time I ever had with him, regardless of injuries and being in the elimination all the time.
Speaker 3: It felt like, but.
Speaker 2: There was something I just need certain things and maybe I didn't know he could have said them differently, yes, but for the most part, like he brought out I mean, the delivery was crazy, but he brought out the best, the best person in me when it came to fighting for us.
Speaker 6: It was like an athlete, like a coach of athletes. Like just like she was like, there are.
Speaker 2: No I can'ts there are only I can saying I can't, but I was still doing it, like I'll keep going.
Speaker 3: I'm just gonna complain a little bit.
Speaker 6: That's me too. I will complain the whole time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm like, we.
Speaker 2: Were rope together and I'm like nervous, I'm gonna fall off. I'm like, I'm bigger than him, so I'm like, I'm i gonna pull him down, you know.
Speaker 3: But he really did. He he was like, I believe in you, you could do this shit.
Speaker 2: And I think at at the core like an outside of the show, like I love him.
Speaker 6: It's a way he paired up with someone like that too. I will, oh, of.
Speaker 3: Course, of course, but like I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't know if i'd be how I feel, like how I feel about myself today without some of those experiences too.
Speaker 6: Like so Free Agents Jordan just like Free Agent's car has grown up a little bit. That's good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I do think a lot of us have.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I just like I said, the Jordan that like would call out someone like Johnny, that was the Jordan that I was like, Wow, whether you win or you lose, or people want to make funny, that is like such a ball. That was the one thing that I was like that I wrote so hard for Jordan for doing that, even though it didn't pan out. And I know this is later and whatever. Sorry spoiler alert, but like you said, the show over nine years, like you know what happened, Like it was that that level of intensity and fire that I would love, I would love to see and like I said, not to bring up Paully, but like I feel like that reminds me of how Polly was when he kind of came in, and like, that's what I want to see. That's what I want to see more of, just someone who's ready to like go against the grain and like not just follow the crowd. And I feel like right now there.
Speaker 3: Is some of that.
Speaker 1: I just feel like them they've done it in a stupid way, which has annoyed the hell out of me. But oh, I know you're about to see but from some of the people from USA, right, So we're talking some of the people that have come over from like the Big Brothers and what have you, especially in the last two seasons Sarah Alcina, Danny McCrae, who made it their mission to create their own paths. But in my opinion, uh, some of them did it less smartly than they could have.
Speaker 6: And so then that was thinak of my devil.
Speaker 1: Hello a special guest.
Speaker 9: Hello, Hello, Hello, thank you bye okay.
Speaker 1: And I love Carto the way you said that he supported you and encouraged you in this new chapter of your life.
Speaker 3: That is so cool.
Speaker 1: Also for those listening but who can't see, she's like glowing right now that her present. Like the way he supports you is amazing.
Speaker 3: And wonderful.
Speaker 6: He's a he's definitely a good He's amazing. I always got a bad rap and everything or because of you know, what was put out there, But he was really the only guy, I'll be honest with you that like really stood up for me, and he really helped me find my voice. So if there's one thing that anybody needs to know, like if you're a fan of me, like you need to see what I see. I wish people could see what I see, because he really did, Like he stood up for me hard when people came at me, Like he stood up for me outside of things, and like he had my back when I lost myself. Like he's he's he's a badass, he's a fighter, and he's a very good man. So and and I would die to see that man do a physical elimination. Like when when do I get to sit back and watch that you got to.
Speaker 3: But she'd like to have fulfilled. Yes, I know. I feel like it's also we.
Speaker 2: Are and I think fans forget that they're watching a TV show like we have.
Speaker 3: We have lives outside of it.
Speaker 2: Like you're seeing us in a high stress environment with people that we would normally not hang out with in the situation we.
Speaker 3: Normally not create for us, with no private for a bunch of money.
Speaker 2: I'm like, I'm a giant adult in a kid's bed showering using the eight other people, and I'm like, and you want me to function normally?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know.
Speaker 2: So it's like everything else. So it's it's different when we're outside of that. So of course people can only you know, their idea of who we are is what they see.
Speaker 3: They're just getting up.
Speaker 2: So even if we showed them the best sides of us outside of it, it's like they never really know unless they, you know, they get a chance to meet all of us. But being in that game, it's not a true as much as we tried to, Like, it's just it's a true depiction of who we are high stress, stressed out and anxious and compete.
Speaker 3: It's just one dimension.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's one dimension rather than the whole person, but the whole given that you said that you've grown so much that you know free agents Kara to car Now, what is would you say was your biggest takeaway from the free agent season? Like, what do you think was the most valuable thing that or gift that you received in doing that season in Uruguay?
Speaker 6: Everything? That was literally one of my one of my best seasons because of showing me that, like, hey, I can do it, like it, you know, because somebody who maybe you don't think I'm an underdog, but I definitely felt like it. I was kind of felt like the black sheet. I don't know if I was the one that put that on myself, but like I being able to go in and do what I did is just one of the things that I'm like most proud of of all of my seasons, like that fire that I had, not knowing what I could do and how I could be, and like always feeling because I wasn't good, I was weak on challenges, Like I was always kind of not that good at challenges, but I, you know, going in the dirt makes you see what you're really made of. And it was it was ct honestly like him cheering for me and the dirt against Naya that I'll never forget him, and how loud he cheered with every inch that I pulled in the dirt. The fact that when I had my broken hands, he looked at me when I had to choose out of the lineup of who to pick on one of those challenges that you really need your hand and remember and he without hesitation, pick me, kick me, pick me. I'm like what he goes, I'd rather have you with a broken hand than anybody on their best day. And I was like, really like he I will never that does ever forget that moment from him? And so it just like it just really helped me believe in myself a little bit more. The fans love to see someone who has to fight, yeah, and I gave him a fight, and so I think it helps. It helped give me a little bit more respectful and challenge world rather than just like the weird the weird girl like she can actually come through, so come hard. Where would they.
Speaker 1: Say free agents ranks on all the other seasons, all nineteen thousand of them that you've done, Where would you say free agents ranks?
Speaker 3: For you?
Speaker 6: Do you mean that in terms of my experience or in terms of the challenges, or like, how do you mean rank.
Speaker 1: You know, I'd say your experience one, and then I guess kind of your performance, like how you think you know your performance was, But let's start with your experience overall? Where would it rank for you?
Speaker 6: My experience? Just because of how proud I am of that season, it's the top three. I mean I have to put you know, it's Vendettas, it's Bloodlines. Bloodlines was a lother good experiences, and the reunions were disastrous and traumatic. Same with Vendettas. It was it was just awful, awful for me. But I did win those two, so they have to be in the top three, so i'd see, honestly, free Agents beats all that. And then in terms of like the actual best season both physically politically dominating season right up until the end, I'd say War the World's One, Like War the World's One and War the World's Two were the most bad ass physically. Challenges like Booth brought it like it was intense, it was so just I'm just say, I know you're gonna get to your rewatch at that point. But World the World's won and World, the World two. You bring the challenge to that, you bring that out again like Game Over. Even the rookies were bad, like it was just six season for sure. Even though I got left on an island because I couldn't math, that was disappointing, But other than that, it was pretty good.
Speaker 1: Oh well, thank you so much Kara for coming chatting with us. I look forward to seeing you and a niece's head to head and who wins.
Speaker 3: I don't understand why this is like your your goalfriend.
Speaker 1: You guys are icons, or maybe they need to depend you guys on a team to get.
Speaker 3: Some other thing that I thought about before this interview. I was like, that would be so interesting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, can you imagine facing you to an elimination like I don't care whoever. I would I would just turn around. I would just take my jersey off and be like here.
Speaker 2: And and that's still a win, that's still a win, and that we're tied with that's take it off.
Speaker 1: I would. I would turn it out, take it off and be like here, Uh, that'd be great to see though, that'd be TV.
Speaker 6: Like if we're ever on a season, I will personally rally the house to put me and over you, And he said, because that record means that much to me, and I know you're not gonna fight me for it, so.
Speaker 2: I won't unless they told me it was like a Tanagram superstation where I got to make all the shapes in the world.
Speaker 3: I would do that. I would be like no other than that.
Speaker 2: Maybe God, if you heard it your first everyone that we may do future challenges with. You heard it your first car and I are on the same show, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Same season.
Speaker 6: I didn't.
Speaker 3: I just put her in.
Speaker 6: I'm not going to care anymore, Like I swear to God for me if I have to go in it is a It is like if you think of it as like your w WU Superstar entrance moment minus Pyro, Like you just put on a show and have fun, and that's how I'm gonna look at Yeah, you can go home, or maybe.
Speaker 1: There'll be some challenge like a lot of high.
Speaker 3: They stopped with the fire.
Speaker 1: A little bit because they put the money to the metric shapes TJ's wardrobe because in the last nice wardrobe, I.
Speaker 6: Ask the powers that be if they can hear this, I think it'd be really cool. Maybe season forty or whatever. Right we have like we have, you know, you get to have legends, okay, and then they'll be giants screens up in the arena and it'll be like you come out, it's like highlights from your Challenge career, like popping up and like music and stuff. They could change it in the edit, but like, you know, you come out with Pyro and you're like and like you know what I mean, Like your highlight is so cool.
Speaker 1: If people want to keep up with your photography and all of your creativity and just follow along with you, where can they find you on social.
Speaker 6: Car I am on Instagram, Miss car Maria. I'm on TikTok Miss car Maria. And my photography page is I have it linked on my Instagram, but it's car marian Photography keeping it simple.
Speaker 3: Oh good, Yeah I can find you. Yeah, well, thank you for taking time. Yes, crawl across the US road trip.
Speaker 6: Long Live Free Agents. Yes, a bad season.
Speaker 3: It was a good season.
Speaker 1: Why were you united?
Speaker 6: It's true? We were all there. Yeah, well it was. It's nice to be back, you know, as much as I miss missed my Challenge family, you know, so I hope, hope to get my hands dirty again soon. That's all.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we might see each other. You never know. I have a feeling it's going to happen.
Speaker 1: A lot of people certainly want it to happen, and we look forward to it, and just know that when it does happen, we expect you back on the podcast to give all the tea that season and to that ship I'm gonna beat up. We fully expected that. Oh you go when you are back. But thank you for making the time and I'm so excited and happy that you're doing so well.
Speaker 6: Thank you, and thank you. Just signed on to everybody who's listening and everybody who always ask for me back and everybody that's had my back even when I've been at my lowest, like so many people have stuck by me and have been very loud for me and I it does not go unnoticed and it and it just helps me a lot. So thank you for that for everybody listening, Like, really appreciate it. I will never take that for granted ever.
Speaker 1: That's all people love you, Car.
Speaker 6: I appreciate it.
Speaker 3: Wow, have the people grown? It was so nice to hear this more confident, more sure.
Speaker 2: Of like softened if you will, Car Maria, not soft in like a like a punk way but like soft and like a like a at ease time yea, And it's it was nice to hear, you know, what her life is like away from the challenge, because I feel like that's that's something we don't hear off and especially since we haven't.
Speaker 3: Seen or heard from her.
Speaker 6: In a while.
Speaker 1: It was so lovely. I'm glad we got to chat with her. And she's just really glowing and radiating the whole time. For the listeners, we have video on mainly so I can see Anissa's facial expressions, but also so we can like interact with our guests, and she really was just glowing throughout the whole interview, which I.
Speaker 3: Could see if Devin did her hair. That's true, she did it today.
Speaker 1: I did do it today just for Nissa. But if you want to see our faces or whether or not we did our hair, or just anything else as a whole, you can follow us on social Anissa.
Speaker 3: Where can they follow you on Instagram?
Speaker 2: At Anissa MTV that's a n E E s A m t V. That's the only place. But for all other platforms, so you can go to devon that's right.
Speaker 1: You can go to devinsimone dot com at seven with the y Simone with an Ie dot com. Go down and see my socials. If you miss me a lot, you can see me on a show called match Me and Miami. It's available for free to scream. Make sure you check that out. Just don't come for me and whatever you see and Instagram. I'm most active on Instagram, Twitter sometimes too, actually, but that's Devin Simone devn with why Simone with an I. Yeah. And then once you do all of that, If you liked this episode, please continue to comment, rate, and review on Spotify or Apple podcasts. Tell your friends about it, and then tweet us or Instagram us because again we are listening and do our best and we really appreciate your support. Tell all your friends to tell a friend so that they can come listen to it too.
Speaker 2: And remember, you can watch the Challenge free agents along with us right now for free. Go to Paramount plus dot com and use code Challenge Pod try one month rate term.
Speaker 10: Supply and of course you already know, we will see you back here next week for a brand new episode of MTV's official Challenge podcast, Where We Cringe.
Speaker 3: Where We Cringe Weekly
Speaker 10: Us