Speaker 1: Kabbooms.
Speaker 2: If you thought four hours a day, twelve hundred minutes a week was enough, think again. He's the last remnants of the old Republic, a sol fastion of fairness. He treats crackheads in the ghetto gutter the same as the rich pill poppers in the penthouse.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: The Clearinghouse of Hot takes break free for something special. The Fifth Hour with Ben Maller starts right now.
Speaker 1: In the end every way hanging out in the audio, Dojoe no days off travel? I don't care about your stick and travel. No, no, no, the show must go on. As they say in show business, which is actually a negative thing. When you break a leg, you have to that phrases. You have to continue on because otherwise you won't get paid. It's broke, it's broke. That's what that phrase comes from. But we are the Fifth Hour, Ben Maller and Danny g And Oh what a night. It was a very memorable night in the Twin Cities. And we will have all of these I'm not gonna get it right now. I need time to process, Danny G Radio. I need time to let everything kind of marinate in my head before I am ready to give a so liloquy.
Speaker 3: You need time for gatorade. You look kind of hungover right now.
Speaker 1: Ella, what happens in Minnesota stays in Minnesota, Danny. That is, that's the thing you need to know. Now, I should point out there is false advertising on the license plates in Minnesota that they say the land of ten thousand Lakes, and every single license plate it says the land of ten thousand lakes. But did you know that is only for marketing reasons, Danny, that there are actually eleven thousand, eight hundred and forty two lakes that are ten acres or more in the state of Minnesota. But they love round numbers and so they just stopped at ten thousand because it doesn't sound as sexy if you say eleven thousand, eight hundred and forty two.
Speaker 4: Well, why didn't they just say eleven thousand lakes?
Speaker 1: Because it's not the round number ten thousands more. For some reason, ten thousand is more impressive than eleven thousand.
Speaker 4: Eleven thousand is odd. So yeah, g I guess.
Speaker 1: I'm not a numbers guy, but that doesn't seem to add up. It could have gone twelve thousand. But here's another fun fact that there are actually more lakes in Wisconsin than there are in Minnesota, but Minnesota. Because of marketing, Minnesota is known as the Land of the Lakes, but same geography. It's just they put a border obviously in this area, and Wisconsin's got I think the numbers over fifteen thousand. That's my brother, my brother Mike. That's his propaganda because he lives in Wisconsin. And I did have a great time. I was at late Winnebago in in Wisconsin and it was it was nice, it was very cool. There's all these quirky things, like there's seven thousand, six hundred islands in the Philippines, which that one blows me away that there's that many islands. So anyway, it is the mail bag Danny g So without further ado, I got things to do, I got places to go, people to see. But the podcast must go on. So these are actual questions sent in by actual listeners. And we started out with our guy Ohio al it's mail bag. Alrighty, alright, let's get to it. So the actual mail bag from actual listeners, The Real fifth Hour Reeal fifth Hour at gmail dot com is the email address Real fifth Hour at gmail dot com. And you can send a question in you and also posted on the show Facebook page, which is Ben Malors Show. First up is Pete the machinist in Albany, Oregon. He says, Ben and Danny, g what is your favorite food that you prepare at home and what are some of your easy go to meals? That is from machinist Pete. He points out that he is a Beaver believer. What there is that Danny? I'll go first here. I have cooked a lot over the last five, six, seven, eight years, maybe even longer than that. The favorite meal that I make is the cheese steak, the Philly cheese steak sandwich, which I will put up against any other homemade cheese steak. I will put that up against the Philadelphia actual steak sandwich that you get in Philadelphia. And I learned how to make the authentic cheese steak from our former colleague who's been on this podcast a couple of times, the Great Tony Bruno. And Tony Bruno showed me the way. He said, no, you don't do the cheese whiz, you do the provolone. He told me exactly the ingredients I needed to get, and I have followed the Tony Bruno philosophy on making a cheese steak, and it is amazing. I've never had a complaint about the cheese steak, so that is my go to meal. And as far as stuff that's easy to make, it's pretty much anything you have to throw into the air fryer. I would say anything involving the air fryer is the way to go. What about you, I know, Danny, you're not known for having the culinary gift. Correct.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm not too handy in the kitchen. I usually walk into the kitchen to make a plate of whatever my wife he has prepared. She's definitely the cook of the family. But you're right about the air fryer, because we'll have those Costco chicken tenders in the freezer and I'll throw some of those in the air fryer, get a nice little pool of ranch on the plate.
Speaker 4: There you go. That's a good meal. And then for a snack.
Speaker 1: Ben it was a good meal until you ruined it with that last ingredient. Then you who needs to drink the Tevil's blood wrapped on a delicious chicken finger.
Speaker 4: I thought I snuck that past you for a nice little snack.
Speaker 3: I don't care what time the day it is, and just to make myself feel a little bit better, like it's healthy.
Speaker 4: I like those whole grain lego my ago. Okay, yeah, the waffles.
Speaker 1: I thought I thought you were gonna say a hot pocket.
Speaker 3: Put the the waffle into the toaster, get some soft butter on there toast it well. And then I take the Arnie span yourd Vermont syrup that he sends us every Christmas. Get a little bit of syrup on there, and that is a nice crunchy snack anytime of the day.
Speaker 1: Well, he sends some of us that syrup, not all of us. Get that syrup from the Great Arne Spaniard. And he sends enough. I've seen these containers around the studio. He sends enough to last like five years. So if there's if there's some kind of pandemic again, you will have all of the maple syrup you could possibly want for pretty much the next five years.
Speaker 3: You're not wrong, because the syrup container we're using is the one from two Christmases ago. The one he sent me this past Christmas is still in the cabinet.
Speaker 1: So what is the lifespan? Let me check this here, lifespan on maple syrup. You see here maple syrup. I guess I'll go shelf life, punch this into the bing machine and see see what happens here. Let you think unopened glass bottles of maple syrup can stay up to four years?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Wow? Up to four years? Man, Well, that's that's good. Honey is the item. I've brought this up before. I've I've talked about this on the podcast. I would open a honey story because honey never goes bad. It you can you can have honey on the shelf for years and you can. You can still finagle with it and still eat it. But maple syrup, which is like a relative of the honey, right, it's in the honey. I feel like it's in the honey family. And uh yeah, four years. Fun fact. Next up, J Bone from Beautiful Portland, Maine says, my eleven year old son plays the would you Rather game with me all the time. That's a fun game. I like the would you rather?
Speaker 4: Game?
Speaker 1: I support the would you rather? Game? He says, here's his most recent would you rather have hands for feet or feet for hands? Do do do do do do do do do do.
Speaker 4: Do for sheets.
Speaker 1: Let see. Well, the fact that we use our hands for everything, the degree of difficulty would go up a lot if the hand was was where the feet are. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm not into toe sucking, so I'd want to keep the hands the hands that way, If my girl sucks some syrup off my finger, it's still my finger. But if feet were suddenly there, that would be my big toe. That's gross. If we have hands down at our feet, we could cover those up and put some special shoes down there, so at least it doesn't look so creepy.
Speaker 1: Right, So I have a couple of thoughts on this. First of all, if your feet or your hands, it wouldn't be gross to suck your toes because your feet would not be on the ground. They would be where your hands are. Like, instead of finger licking good, it could be toe licking good gross speak of the new marketing for k They could have a field day with that. So anyway, got a good job, Jaybone by your eleven year old spawn nice John in Colorado rights and he's in Northern Colorado, not to be confused with southern Central like Northern Colorado, which is right near the Wyoming border, some pretty country. Yeah, isn't it cheaper though, to live in Wyoming and then just drive into Colorado. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: It's like people in Boston live in New Hampshire or Vermont one of the other New England states because it's a little cheaper.
Speaker 3: Colorado used to be affordable until all the jerk heads moved in.
Speaker 1: Yes, all the locusts from California. I believe it is there, and they brought these same problems they had in California to Colorado, as they are doing in other places around the country. So John says, have you ever found yourself in a mosh pit? If so, did you slug anyone in said mashpit? That's from John in northern Colorado. I have never been in a mosh pit. I was at a school function where a bunch of the kids started to do a mosh pit, and then the evil teacher stepped in and said, no, no, no, you bad boons. You cannot do a mosh pit, and so that ruined that ruined the fun. So I never got to do it. But Danny, have you ever been a mosh pit guy in your past? There?
Speaker 3: I've been in a mosh pit at a rock concert one time. It was in the mid nineties at a Tool concert at the Ventura Concert Theater, and that mosh pit was crazy. I had to throw elbows just to stay alive. And at the time before I had Lasik eye surgery, I had some glasses on and those glasses were demolished.
Speaker 4: They got knocked off my face scrampled on.
Speaker 3: I couldn't reach down to get him because the moshpit was so violent, So I lost a pair of expensive glasses in the first and only moshpit I ever was participating in.
Speaker 1: See that would be my concern. My concern would be I would lose my phone, I would lose my keys, I would lose everything. It would all be gone, right, everything would be gone, and in the middle of the mosh pit it would all. It would all end right there.
Speaker 3: If I had it to do over, I would have wore some Kareem abdul Jabbar goggles.
Speaker 1: Yeah, or that mask that Donald Sterling's mistress wore.
Speaker 4: That or Jalen Brown wears.
Speaker 1: Now, yeah, the Zorro mask. You would have that that on. Next up is our guy ohio Al and he's a big part of this podcast. He says, I told you, Ben, I want to take you to Cecil's Deli. Oh this is in Minnesota. Yeah, in Saint Paul. He says, that is the place to go. It's on six fifty one South Cleveland Avenue in Saint Paul. Says the best ruben you will ever have. Juicy Lucy at Matts or five twenty eight, I think have them both, says the Luth. Minnesota is nice if you have time. It's about two and a half hours away. I don't know if that's a that's a that's a five hour commitment in the car. I don't know that I want to spend that much time in the car. I want to see stuff I can see and move on. But I'm looking at this deli and either it's because I'm fasting or this does look really good. So I'm I'm considering I'm a sucker for a delicatessant. I might have to to get over there. I don't see any prices here. That scares me a little bit. I don't see any prices on the on the menu. I'm sure though, though they're Minnesota nice prices, right, Danny g Right, everything's good homemade, everything's affordable, Yes, unless it's not.
Speaker 3: Are you gonna lay today? Go find the house that they used at least for the outside for the scene on the Mary Tyler Moore Show.
Speaker 1: But as you know, I'm a huge fan of the Mary Tyler Moore Show. And of course who wouldn't be doing that, right? I put down the corn beef hash and run off and do that Kevin in Kansas, Right, So he says, dear Ben, when Fox gets around to creating a new podcast promo that builds both you and your home slice, Danny G, will that stop people from asking about when Fox will actually update your promo? Says I liked I like David G. But this Danny G is outstanding. Keep up the great pods, guys. Yeah, so this is still an issue that we're getting emails that the podcast promo that airs on other iHeart podcasts is with David Ge and not Dan. And we have brought this up multiple times. It appears to be something that is impossible to fix. And you have a theory right on this, Danny, that it's because people are not updating these spots that are adding them to the different podcast They're just.
Speaker 3: Yeah, these are just some lazy butts that don't open up the new versions of spots that they're supposed to put in to podcasts. So they have the old version and an old folder and they just grab it and slap it in to new recordings. Whereas these emails that come to us from management saying this week it's the fifth Hour promo that we're playing and the new version is attached to that email. Does everybody download that version?
Speaker 1: No? Yeah, yeah, that's not not happen. Next up is listener Jonathan, and he posted this on the show facebook page, Jonathan listening to the Fifth r He did not say where he is listening from, So I have no idea. Parts unknown, parts unknown. It is not that hard. People just put your name and location if you want a shout out. But John or Jonathan as his parents named him, says Ben. Do you recall when Tommy Lasorda had the Montreal expos mascot tossed out. I just saw this yesterday for the first time, and the comments said he had a history with misbehaving mascots. I know you love Lesorta, you have love for the sort of Any comments or thoughts on that, I think that would be pretty cool. When you think when you're thinking on the matter, what you're thinking on the matter is so yeah, Jonathan, I did not witness in person. I've seen the videos of Thesorta going nuts with mascots, but I can't confirm. When I covered the Dodgers and Losorda was still managing the team, the Dodgers would always go on a coast swing, usually in August, and it was always some combination of New York, Philadelphia, and Montreal. It was the Northeast Corridor. They did all three of those teams that would be the trip, and it was always the West Coast team, so the Giants, Dodgers, and Padres would all make the same road trip. But before the road trip in the Dodger clubhouse when they would go to Philadelphia or New York or Montreal. It was a great trip for mascots because he had mister met in Queens, you had Yupie in Montreal, and then in Philly. The fanatic Thesorta is from. He was from Pennsylvania, Allentown, Pennsylvania, so he always had a lot of friends and family. When the Phillies, well, the sort of had friends everywhere. But when the Phillies would play the Dodgers in Philadelphia was like a big deal because his family that doesn't live in LA would be able to go to the games and stuff. But I remember the tall in the clubhouse was what was going to happen with the Philly fanatic. That was the big one. That was the big one, and the Sorta man, God rest his soul, he was such a showman. He was such a bullshit artist that he he would he would play it up. And the mascots. That was back in the days before there was the qorum and everything was all corporate, and you'd you'd go into these other cities and it was like it was like the Old West, and the mascots were purposely trying to try to fuck with a Sorta and he didn't he didn't mind. He would fight back with him. And some of the funniest stories I heard was was people on the Dodgers traveling party talking about the Sorta and getting into it with the Philly fanatic and how things would start out as a joke, the sorta was along with the gag, and then the fanatic would do something to piss off the Sorta and he had that fiery Italian temper and he would legitimately get upset with the freaking mascot and it was hilarious. I mean some of the stories that were told. I didn't hear as many about the mascot in Montreal, but the one that I remember hearing about year after year was the Philly Fanatic. That that was the one that it would start out all friendly and one thing led to another, and it was it would the one year the Fanatic brought out and like an effigy of the sorta, the stuffed a stuffed doll of the sorta, and they had the Dodger jersey on and that drove Tommy nuts. He was so because the Fanatic was tossing this thing around because it was a stuffed animal, like a stuffed doll, or it was. It was funny anyway, So there you go. Fred in Spring Texas writes in on the mail Bag. He says, guys, great show. Do you ever feel stalled in your radio careers? I fear and fear rather having to look into other other fields. That is from from Fred and our buddy in Spring Texas. So yeah, I think everyone feels at some point like you're kind of at a dn end. Usually it's when you lose one of your jobs, and then you're like, oh, it's hard to get on all these jobs and it's problematic and what's gonna happen and all that. But yeah, there's absolutely been some moments where I was like, Eh, that's it. I feel like I'm in a good spot now. But if I had to leave radio, I'd miss it. I'd do a podcast, but I'd probably just get a real job. I got bills to pay, so I'd find something. What about you, Danny, like.
Speaker 3: You, I have a passion for radio. I love this. I can't really imagine doing anything else. I mean, obviously I've dabbled in education, so I would do that, I guess if radio wasn't on the table. Sometimes, though, I look at my Google search and it's a very odd list of things that I'm researching for both Covino and Rich and you, like, right now, the last thing I googled where is the house for the Mary Tyler Moore Show. And then later I'll look back at all the things I've googled over a week's time and I'm like, holy crap, what was going on on the air? And by the way, Alf would love this fun fact. Fans of that show. They know that place as one nineteen North Weatherly. It's located ben hundreds and hundreds of fans take photos in front of this mansion two to one zero four Kenwood Parkway. It's in an affluent neighborhood of Minneapolis. Oh yeah, two to one zero four Kenwood Parkway. For our listeners who are in Minnesota this weekend.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 1: A fun fact also about Minnesota that Dorothy Gale from the Wizard of US Judy Garland from from the Twin Cities. Fun fact. And you know she was under five feet tall. Did you know that?
Speaker 4: Didn't know that? Wow? She was a small person.
Speaker 1: Very small, but look big on television, look big on television.
Speaker 3: And one of our favorite baseball players growing up, Curby Pucket.
Speaker 1: The Beast, Yeah, the legend from Chicago but became famous with the Twins. Vince Vaughan, famous, Vince Vaughn, he's from there. I think John Madden, the old broadcaster, also from from Minnesota's a bunch of famous people that have come out of the state of Minnesota. Now I just realized we're going to pause the mail bag because we did not get to on the Saturday po Becast. We were so flustered by everything that we had going on, we did not get to a very important cheesy word of the week. So I want to pause this. Can we get to the cheesy word of the week right now?
Speaker 4: A word of the week? Word of the week? Take me back to nineteen ninety nine. This used to be a segment on the Ben Mallor Weekend show.
Speaker 1: So the word of the week, and this came up on the Terrestrial radio show. We were doing cooking with Roberto, and Roberto had a recipe Danny g that involved Monterey Jack cheese. So we were going like, well, where did that name Monterey Jack cheese come from? We both assumed it came from Monterey, Mexico. So I did a little bit of research and it turns out it actually came from Monterey, California. But as Paul Harvey would say, you know the news, but now you're about to find the rest of the story when it comes to the word of the week. And so I just assumed Monterey, New Mexico because it's been around longer, although I guess Monterey, California was part of Mexico back in the day. Anyway, So this goes back to the eighteen fifties Monterey, California, there was a guy named David Jack. David Jack was his name, and he was the guy credited with manufacturing Monterey Jack cheese. After dairy farming. He had a large amount of land he had acquired when he moved to Monterey. However, it turns out there's a seedy underbelly to Monterey Jack cheese and that it may have actually originated from a door to door salesperson named Donna Bron Donna as a way to feed her family, that she was the one that came up with is There's another theory that says this other guy named Domingo was the one who applied pressure to the cheese with the house jack and created the Monterey Jack. But in the end, the word Monterey Jack was stolen by David Jack. What a jackass, because he was the one that had the money. He owned fourteen dairy farms in California in the eighteen fifties. He had thousands of acres of land, and he was believable because he was a settler in Monterey. He had the last name Jack. The name stuck. Here we are almost two hundred and fifty years later and the name to this day is still the name that we use. So Monterey Jack named after a guy named David Jack who stole it from a woman named Donna who was a door to door salesperson or somebody named Domingo.
Speaker 4: There.
Speaker 1: That is the word of the week, Monterey Jack, which is really two words of the week, not one. It's two words of the week. Now back to the Mailbag, Mike in Fullerton writes, since says Aloha, Ben and Danny G. I love. Oh this is appropriate. This was not playing by the way, Danny says, I love the new word of the week segment. I was worried it would be too similar to Petros and Money's word of the day, but my fears were quickly put to rest. You see that, Danny G. That is an endorsement. That is someone that gets it Mike and Fullerton, Just like Safari Kingdom, as he says here, he says, you can add it to the long list of Fifth Hour originals like the mail Bag the Safari Kingdom. What is going on? I don't know how you guys keep coming up with this original content that is from Mike and Fullerton. He says. Now that the ice machine in the studio works again, and he says, here, you can thank Ben for that. Danny G. What is your guys go to drink on a hot summer day? For my money, nothing beats an ice cold glass of lemonade while I'm watching my stories, He says, Yeah, I'm a lemonade guy. I love with the proper mix of sugar. I don't want it too what's the word I'm looking for it.
Speaker 4: I'd rather sour, not too sweet.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I don't want it too sour. I don't and nobody likes it sour, so it's good. I'd rather have it too sweet than too sour. I'd like it in the middle. Just a little bit of this, a little bit of that. That's the way to go. What about you, summer day? You a beer guy? Cold ice cold beer? What do you go for? Man?
Speaker 3: I'm with you guys on the lemonade, but I'll remix it a little bit.
Speaker 4: I liked the pink lemonade. The sweetness is right.
Speaker 1: Is there really a difference though? Isn't it just food coloring? Isn't that just what it is?
Speaker 4: I thought there was a difference.
Speaker 1: I don't think there is. I think it's more of a mental thing. Raw like the color. But I do drink mostly pink lemonade, but I don't know that it tastes really that much to it. Nick and Wisconsin rights, and he's following the lead of Mike and Fullerton. He says, Ben and Danny g with summer right around the corner, which would you choose on a here we go another warm summer day, He says, A slushy, a smoothie, or a milk shrake.
Speaker 4: Oh, before you get to that, I have your answer about pink lemonade.
Speaker 3: Okay, some of them it's about food coloring, but it's also about a mix of a different drink. They say strawberry, cranberry or other fruit juice gives it. It's pink color when mixed in, So it's strawberry, cranberry or other fruit juice.
Speaker 1: The pink lemonade I like. A lot that we get from the grocery store is raspberry. I think it's rash.
Speaker 4: I know exactly what you're talking about.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's bougie, but it's pretty good. I mean, it's pretty expensive for what you get, but it's it's a delicious, delicious beverage. So as far as what Nick said here, he said again, warm summer day, summer's coming up. You got slushy smooth or milkshake down by the school yard that brings all the boys down to the yard. I boy, milkshake is great. I mean it's really bad for you, but it's hard to pass up a great milkshake. But if I'm if I'm like in the pool or something, it would be a slushy. But if I'm like kind of wandering around, you know that milkshake.
Speaker 4: So you know, how do you keep a milkshake in your stomach? Though?
Speaker 3: Because there are two things that make me feel like a fat whale instantly after consuming them, A fries and two a milkshake. Feel like I'm closer to death when I eat fries or drink a milkshake. I'm a doctor, but I have to go slushy on this one ben hot summer day. Go into seven elevens. You swirl the cherry and the coke flavors and you get that slurpy.
Speaker 1: God, I used to love seven eleven. Oh man, the icy machine hole. Holy, that was great, amazing, amazing.
Speaker 4: And really good. Movie theaters have those machines as well.
Speaker 1: You wouldn't like hanging out with me, though, Danny, if we were to go like the movies or something, because I would eat fries and a milkshake together. I would dip the fries in the milkshake and that would be my meal and I would love it. I would think, Oh my god, that's amazing. Who's next. Let's see here. Let's see here, Brad. I believe it is. I think it's Brad, he says. Minneapolis says Mini apples. Oh, this is Greg Raw. This is Greg who wrote this and he's from West Saint Paul.
Speaker 4: What Greg?
Speaker 1: Thank you Greg? He says, voted the best juicy Lucy in the twin CDs is the Nook restaurant in Saint Paul, So I might have to go to the Nook restaurant later today. He says. He's a retired chef. This guy's got forty five years of cooking, so I'm thinking he knows what he's talking about. Forty five years in the kitchen. He says, you can't go wrong with the Nook. Me look this up. Make sure it's not some kind of weird bar situation. Let's see here. Yeah, I think I want to gain about seventy pounds by the time I get back to la eating all this food. Let's see the nook. Oh yeah, here it is a nook in Saint Paul, Minnesota, four ninety two Hamline Avenue South. Let's look at the menu here. I see what we have here. It says a small place with big burgers. Oh yeah, that looks pretty good. Okay, I'm in. I'm in on that. Oh man, they got bowling at this place too. It looks like and yeah, people in Minnesota loved the bowl. That's my determination. Oh they got donuts, dandy, Oh they got no, they got donuts, donuts. Oh man, this place wonderful. Oh I see they got got specials every day today. Oh, kids eat free. That doesn't really help me out. Let's see oh those specials. Oh the full menu. Let me click on the full menu here. This is the kind of content you tune into this podcast.
Speaker 3: Live menu interaction with the Great Big Ben Maller.
Speaker 4: Right now, nook.
Speaker 1: They have classic chicken tenders. You choose honey, mustard or barbecue. No ranch, how about that? No devil's blood, I don't see it.
Speaker 4: They're not worth visiting.
Speaker 1: You get fries. They have fresh cut homemade fries. Big Basket six ninety five. You get waffle fries or sweets. Oh, the patty melt fried onions, Swiss American cheeses, and tomato. I don't eat the tomato toasted rye. That'll cost you fifteen bucks. They have the Cutie Lucy, which is three mini juicy sliders. Oh yeah, Oh. They have the Paul Molotor, which is a juicy nookie stuffed with pepper jack cheese for thirteen ninety five. Okay, Oh, I'm definitely gonna this is definitely going to be something that I do. Cheese cards, they got Danny g they got we'd like to lead all the affiliates. They got cheese curds, Danny hand dip cheese curds. Okay, I can read this whole menu. This is this is wonder. God bless you, Greg, You're a great man.
Speaker 4: For free.
Speaker 1: In the bathroom, my right hand was getting a workout. Horned beef Reuben. They've got that. They've got Walleye tacos. That's like something my wife would get. Not me. I'm going juicy Lucy on that. Very very cool, very very cool. Brad also rights and it says go and eat at red. Oh here's another restaurant Red Cow. I mean, look that one up.
Speaker 4: This is great, man, this is good. Eat breakfast immediately. All this food talk good.
Speaker 1: Red Cow looks like there are two locations in Minneapolis. I'm looking at here. Hand crafted burgers, craft beer, fine wine. I've never heard of this place. Look it up. Oh yeah, it looks good to man. Either everything in Minnesota looks great, or I am just really hungry. I don't know which one it is. I'm not sure which one it is, but man, oh this these burgers are delicious. Man, a lot. They got a billion different kinds of burgers. Anyway, right, enough of that, I'll I'll look at those later on my private time. Next up, Ben and Daddy g He says, I am the white Missourian in Omaha. What does your wife do when she catches you checking out other ladies? I guess this is for for both of us. Well, my wife's pretty cool. She doesn't see to mind too much because she knows I'm in a lifetime contract that's very difficult to get out of. So I think she's pretty comfortable, and she's comfortable in nown skin. What about you, Danny?
Speaker 3: Uh, normally my chick would not mind too much, but right now with a big speaking of bowling alleys and bowling balls, with a big bowling ball in her stomach, She's like, what, you don't find me attractive anymore?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, well yeah self conscious and yeah, I mean that makes sense. I understand it.
Speaker 4: Don't pass.
Speaker 3: She's like, it's not going to be like this forever, and I'm like, yeah, I know. You only have a couple months left. We're almost there.
Speaker 1: Yeah. When is the biscuit going to come out of the oven? There? What are we looking at here? What's the timeline on that? Is it? Do you say? August or July?
Speaker 4: Very end of July?
Speaker 1: Okay, very cool, very cool? Maybe at the MLB trade deadline? Yeah, your son to be to pop out right at the trade deadline there, that would be big.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: Next up, he'll Billy Mike in Din Witty Virginia. He says, my memory is a little fuzzy, but as I recall, Skeeter sent you guys about seven thousand dollars to get you some banana cream pies which you haven't used. Are you ever going to make Skeeter happy? Or can you just venmo me that money? Please? What wasn't seven thousand dollars, He'll Billy, Mike, I know you it was actually ten thousand dollars. And what happened was Skeeter sent that as a birthday president, and then the pandemic happened shortly after that, and so we have I still have it somewhere around here. It's in my studio at the at the mallor mansion back back in La So I I have to go through it and try to you know, I haven't. I forget exactly where it is. But we will have a banana cream pie party at some point.
Speaker 4: So how was it sent to you in Bitcoin?
Speaker 1: Uh? No, the Great Skeeter, the man, the myth legend, actually robbed a couple of banks and sent gold Boulon and oh got it, the bars of gold Boon and so so there was that. Yeah, let's see Barry in Music City, right, since says Yo Yo Ma Benny and Daddy g Radio, which actor is your favorite playing James Bond?
Speaker 4: Bond Bon Bond.
Speaker 1: So everyone to go. Sean Connery. The first Bond movie I watched in the theater that I judged these things by, Pierce Brosnan was the first Bond that I saw. So for me. When I think of here, when I think of James Bond, I think of Pierce Brosnan. That's my guy. What about you, Danny.
Speaker 4: Who was the last actor to play Bond.
Speaker 1: Daniel Craig did it for you know what.
Speaker 4: Daniel Craig I think actually did a really good job in that role.
Speaker 1: He did a lot. He was there a long time, like he I think just a couple of years ago he stopped, but he was there for like over a decade, I believe, as in different obviously different Bonds movies and all that Casino Royale. Is that the most famous I think? So it's got to be the most famous there. Yeah, I will do one more. One more. This is from Alf in the mail bag. He says, Ben, I know this is a shot in the dark, but as someone who doesn't have much sleep, doesn't get much sleep, would you care to share how many rare and appropriate shows you'll be taking off this week? This p one gets a few extra minutes of shut eye when you are away from your cat bird seat, and could possibly extend my life span by a couple of days. Thanks in advance, your loyal minion, Alf the Alien opiners. So Alf, I will reveal exclusively on this podcast. I have not told anyone my plans, but I will not be on the radio tonight. Obviously, I am hanging out in the Twin Cities, so I will not be on the radio tonight, and I will be traveling. I have a late flight relatively speaking, depending on which time zone you're in, and by the time I get back to LA it will be just a little bit later in the day and not enough time to properly prepare for the show and to do the show. So I will be not doing the show Tuesday, Monday and to Tuesday, and then I'll be back for the rest of the week. For the balance of the week, I will be behind the microphones of Fox Sports Radio. And then next weekend, assuming we win the rights, we will have in depth team coverage about what happened last night at the Malor meet and Greet cannot wait to tell those stories with the masses. Cann be awesome and wild and crazy. What do you have going on, Danny g.
Speaker 3: Sunday lazy kickback Day? Or am I going to have to clean the garage? We'll see, Man, there's so much crap in this garage now, Ben, I feel claustrophobic again. I had it all sorted and straightened up. You could actually walk through the garage, and now there's piles of crap everywhere.
Speaker 1: Again, Do I see a garage sale in your future?
Speaker 4: Danny?
Speaker 1: Do I see a garage sale in your future?
Speaker 4: People don't do garage sales anymore?
Speaker 1: Why is that?
Speaker 4: I don't know. Covid.
Speaker 1: Oh that's over, COVID. I thought it's over.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean I haven't seen yard sales around here since before COVID.
Speaker 1: I have a theory on that. Is that because you get up late on the weekends, because those yard sales are always at the crack of dawn on Saturday.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you might be right. Maybe that's for like old early bird people.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's we sleep through that. Anyway, Have a wonderful rest of your weekend, Stay safe, enjoy whatever you're doing, and I will be back behind the microphones, as I just told Alf, in a couple of days. I'll be back looking forward to it, and we will catch you next time.
Speaker 4: Make sure you get some electro lights. Man, you look hungover.
Speaker 1: It's that juicy lucy, the oozing of the cheese out of the juicy lucy Austa pasta, got a murder.
Speaker 4: I gotta go.