Speaker 1: Get your hand us together and we're gonna start to party.
Speaker 2: I'm reading a party.
Speaker 3: The Elvista Ran after Party.
Speaker 2: Loving the fact that get Wrecked with straw Hat Goofy has.
Speaker 4: Joined your Elvis dram podcast network wherever you get your podcast get Wrecked with straw Hack Goofy of course aka Juju Green or is it Juju Green akas straw Goofy.
Speaker 5: Straw Ha Goofy sounds nice, It just it just rolls for some reason.
Speaker 2: Juju Green every weekend.
Speaker 4: We're so excited to have you here and to catch us up not only with what's in the theaters, but what's on streaming and what are we missing?
Speaker 2: And you know what so far, you know what, these few weeks we've had, we've had.
Speaker 4: Time with you, you have turned us onto things we would not have known about.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's why we are. So let's go. What do you want to talk about this week?
Speaker 3: That's my job.
Speaker 5: We've got a couple of things, talk about four things, a couple of things we missed from last week. I really recommend. The movie roof Man is directed by the director Derek c. And France, who also directed movies like Place Beyond the Pines, it's it's such a great movie. It stars Channing Tatum and Kirsten Dunns, and it's about the man named Jeffrey Manchester who was a serial robber who robbed I think.
Speaker 3: Forty five McDonald's.
Speaker 5: He escapes from, Yeah, he and he would do it by cutting into the roosts of these McDonald's.
Speaker 2: Why there, big Max apple piees?
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying. The ice cream machine has broke, though I don't know why he?
Speaker 2: Is it true?
Speaker 4: You?
Speaker 2: We have full, real frontal nudity in this thing.
Speaker 5: Do I remember frontal nudy? Yeah, not full frontal nudity. I don't remember if I saw anything flopping around? But yes, Channing, do you remember.
Speaker 2: Probably I've heard you. Do you see the pen? And it's not and it's not a fake. But maybe I'm.
Speaker 1: Wrong that this is about the real Hamburgler.
Speaker 2: I digress, Sorry, go right ahead.
Speaker 5: No, Yeah, but the movie is uh is being marketed as a comedy when in fact it's a drama edy and it has probably in guys, I kid you not. Channing Tatle's best performance that I've ever seen in his career.
Speaker 1: Better than Magic, I don't believe it.
Speaker 3: Better than magic. Might I mean that one probably does that.
Speaker 2: I mean in what regard, I mean, he really truly is.
Speaker 5: He's just he's just able to balance drama and comedy and charisma in such a depth way. Feel for him, You laugh with him, like you just can't help but be drawn to him. Even though he is a criminal, and even though everything that he's doing is wrong, you still feel bad for the guy, and you truly get a sense that he's just a simple man backed into a corner, which apparently is a reflection of the real life Jeffrey Manchester, who they would say after they would rob the McDonald's and lock him in the freezer, he will give you a coat before putting you in that freezer.
Speaker 3: So I think Channing Tatum definitely nails this. This man what a sweet thing.
Speaker 2: Now we have to see Rufman.
Speaker 5: I'm in Yeah, Roofman, pretty great. I got a couple of spooky picks for you guys, because you know we're in October, so we got to do spooky picks, right. So Black Phone two premieres this weekend. You can actually go check it out tonight, you know, Thursday, Friday, whenever this is going to air. But this one is directed by Scott Derekson. Obviously, it's a sequel to the original Black Phone, the super mega hit starring Ethan Hawk and Mason Thames and start and it's all about this serial killer called the Grabber, who, if you haven't seen the first one, was defeated in the first movie, but now he comes back from the dead because supernatural things are happening. So you get the sense that it is almost a combination of Friday the Thirteenth and Nightmare on Elm Street, with like some really great young actors at the core of it. It's supernatural, it's very spooky. Scott Dereckson's direction is very like, I don't want to say ahead of its time, but it's definitely like. The visuals are different than what you get from other scary movies. And I truly did enjoy this film quite a bit. Is it better than the first film? I don't think so, but I do think that it does expand what we loved in the first film so much if you haven't seen the first film, But it's honestly a great ride of a spooky movie.
Speaker 3: If you're looking for something.
Speaker 2: Danielle to hold up your LM and now it sounds so good.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, black Phone, BLACKFLM.
Speaker 5: I love the first black Phone so much, and I think the Grabber is like one of those. I think it's this generation's new kind of like serial Killer. I feel like we've been lacking, like a Jason Voorhees, a Fright of.
Speaker 3: The thirteen, a Michael Myers.
Speaker 5: And I think the Grabber ethan Hawk's performance as impeccable as ever. He never even shows his face, guys, he wears a mask in prosthetics the entire time, but his performance is just so oh my god, it's just so creepy and so devilish.
Speaker 3: I love it.
Speaker 2: Okay, black Phone two mm hmm. Now I never saw it.
Speaker 4: It slipped past me, and all my friends saw it and loved it, and I never did.
Speaker 2: Did do you guys? See it? Now?
Speaker 1: I did, actually, and it scared me. So everything scares me.
Speaker 3: Go ahead, Sorry, I think you're like this one, man, I think you're like this one.
Speaker 5: But you got you got to see the first black Phone and make it a double feature. I will hear a double I.
Speaker 3: Got all right.
Speaker 5: This next one another spooky pick. This one is for the dog lovers out there. This one is called good boy. Uh. This one came out this past weekend, and it actually has a dog named Indy as the main character, like to the point where you hardly ever see the human's face. You're only following this dog as he's with this owner and this brand new, ghostly infested house. So what happens when a dog in his owner gets gets haunted by a bunch of go and the dog has to be the one to save the day. Literally, guys, this is probably the best performance. You know, I'm not gonna say probably, this is the best performance from an animal that you will ever see.
Speaker 3: Like, like, I'm dead serious.
Speaker 4: I want to sounds like it sounds like with the premise it's a it's a fun thriller.
Speaker 2: Is it kind of fun to watch this?
Speaker 3: It's not fun to watch this. I'm not gonna I'm not gonna tell you the dog.
Speaker 2: This is why I don't watch dog movies at all. They're gonna die. Text me later, tell me Well.
Speaker 3: Listen, I said, I've been saying this for years.
Speaker 5: It seems that every year we get the mandatory dog movie, right, A Dog's Purpose air bud like you know the art of racing in the rain. Every movie is a dog movie, and every time the dog either dies or it gets very old to where he almost dies. Now we have a horror movie with the dog as the protagonist, and I'm praying that this dog doesn't die the whole time.
Speaker 3: But if if you're an owner, and if you're.
Speaker 5: Not a fan of like spooky things, this movie will give you extreme anxiety. But still, I cannot stress enough how great this dog is. That it's so expressive, and at the end of the movie there's actually a little treat on how they were able to coach the dog into these great performances.
Speaker 3: So it's it's I highly recommend it.
Speaker 2: At least we know the dog actor does live.
Speaker 3: So this is the dog actor is still alive. India is still kicking.
Speaker 1: I can't believe there's a better actor than Free Willy this movie.
Speaker 5: I think I think we should like start making some type of like animal acting Hall of Fame, you know, I think there should be a separate OSCAR category for kind.
Speaker 4: By the way, while you're doing and getting to your your next, your next piece of work, I'm I'm I'm googling good Boy movie does dog die? And other people are taking I'm not gonna get the answer, but other people are text doing Oh okay, I got the answer.
Speaker 3: None, because some people won't watch it.
Speaker 2: If the dog dies won't do.
Speaker 3: It, some people will watch it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the cat people watch watch the movie. Move on.
Speaker 5: Sorry, good boy, guys, check it out in theaters. And this next one is actually a Prime Video original. It just it just released this week. It's called John Candy.
Speaker 2: I like me want to see saw Juju.
Speaker 4: I loved it Candy before, I love him even more now talk about it.
Speaker 5: So John Candy has always been one of my favorite actors. Guys like I grew up on cool runnings. I grew up on Uncle Buck, I grew up on trains, trains, planes and automobiles. And if you really love the actor, and if you always just looked at him and said, this looks like the sweetest guy you will ever meet in your life, this documentary essentially confirms that this this goes from his beginnings to the things he went through as a child, to what kind of caused his rise to fame. And the beautiful thing about this movie is that it really makes you sit with who this man is. There are whole scenes where you're just watching interviews of him and seeing his facial expressions and you're just experiencing him, and then you get like the stories of all the actors, Like there's so many actors who come to talk about them, but it's just a wonderful portrait of a great man of his career. But it also talks about like his mental health and how like the nice people who tend to give a lot to a lot of people, they tend to not give enough to themselves. And it's honestly a very heartbreaking watch, but it's also a very uplifting and optimistic watch, and it makes you want to strive to be a better person and a more giving person.
Speaker 3: And John Candy I like me.
Speaker 5: It's just first off, the title alone is great because that's one of my favorite quotes and monologues that I've ever seen in the film.
Speaker 3: So sorry getting emotional, because Candy is my guy. Man. I love the movie. I watched it last night and I went to sleep with great dreams.
Speaker 4: You know, juj It's kind of interesting because they are actors, right, so you never really know if they're really nice people when they're not acting, but when you hear it's definitely done on film right before your eyes.
Speaker 2: That's great. I can't wait, but hold on a second.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, I'll go onto the last roof Man Black Phone.
Speaker 2: Too, good boy and John Candy I like me. But a quick question from Gandhi about your opinion about something.
Speaker 1: Have you watched the new docu series or you wouldn't even call it that, the docu drama Monsters with the story?
Speaker 3: Yes, I.
Speaker 5: Well, Ryan Murphy is a sick individual, always has been. Now So I watched the Jeffrey Dahmer story, was very very much creeped out by it, and I didn't get a chance to check out the Menindez brothers. But I've always been very interested in the ed Geen story because I feel like ed Geen is the serial killer in our history that.
Speaker 3: Has kind of premeated our culture the most.
Speaker 5: He's had the most like movies based off of him, he has the most iconic pieces of media based off of Hilm and so I feel like us as a society and us who consume like this type of subject matter. Ed Geen is kind of like the Blueprint, and I feel like that show, as dark as it got, it hit the nail on the head, like how obsessed we are with this man and what he did and his atrocities and how we're able to kind of like and how art is reflected through.
Speaker 3: Like where we are in the times.
Speaker 5: There's this moment where the there's an episode where the director of Texas Chainsaw Massacre is like pooh pooing the state of Hollywood and saying like, there's nothing of substance coming out now. But ed Geen is real, and the real is horrible and it's awful, it's depraved, it's it's dark. And the people who are watching all these other things, they don't deserve those other things. This is what we get. We deserve the truth, and the truth is ed Geen and this is the truth of humanity. And I just made me sit back and go, wow, this this particular show, it uses its violence, which is real violence, by the way, to actually make a point about how do we consume it?
Speaker 3: Who are we?
Speaker 5: And I thought that was like very very interesting. And then and then I saw him cutting people open and flipping them upside down and doing creepy stuff. And I had to like watching at like two episode incriments because it was just too dark and too creepy.
Speaker 3: Couldn't go to sleep with that episode.
Speaker 4: It was going dark and creepy as it is. The message is definitely loud and proud, right, and you.
Speaker 1: Do agree, said, oh absolutely. I didn't even know who ed Gean truly was until all of this, And then of course I went down the rabbit hole and they said he really changed the face of the horror genre because it was always fake things Frankenstein, Dracula before. Now you had a real life human being and that just shifted everything. So it is fascinating.
Speaker 6: Reality is frightening, Yeah, Jesus, yeah, I mean for those who don't know, like ed Geen is the basis for Norman Bates and American Psycho, the Leather Face and texta Chainsaw Massacre, and the Buffalo Bill in Silence of the Lambs, as well as many more.
Speaker 2: So he is time. Oh my gosh, I don't think.
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't buy it. You wouldn't like him, you'd be very weirded out.
Speaker 2: By his voice. I'm rid it up by no one. I mean, I'm friends with you. This is true, Jesus.
Speaker 4: It's always a wonderful time with you and enlightening. And I don't know what to say. Juju Green of course, Uh straw Head Goofy. Check him out and get wrecked with straw Head Goofy on the Elvis Dran Podcast Network.
Speaker 2: You're fabulous. I love your take.
Speaker 4: It really makes me want to sit down and watch each and every one of these and I thank you for that.
Speaker 2: Josey, thank you so much.
Speaker 3: Thank you. I love vibing with you. Guys. It was a good group guys. Dan after party