Speaker 1: Welcome in. We'll drive in the great episode three oh four, final show before vacation. We'll be back the first Tuesday in March. It's March third or something, and also on TV today and then off tomorrow. So this is really getaway day normally, I'll be honest, getaway days, last days before vacation. I don't want to say you mail it in, but you know, it's just like, okay, let's just get to the finish line, regroup, refresh. However, not only was there in an infuriating basketball game last night, but there has been and you can set your watch to it, and even more infuriating discussion in the eight hours since that game ended. So we're gonna get to all of that. I don't know how we might spend more time on Lakers hornets than the entire fourth quarter actually lasted. So we'll do all of that. But first, demand'sa's here with us. Of course, here's what missed the cut for the show that we will discuss briefly, Jah Aaron Gore and Zach Lavine allegedly interested in the dunk contest. Here would be my only concern with that, Tomase, I don't know, I feel like Aaron Gordon and Zach Lavine might have set the standard too high with their younger selves. I don't know if they still have that performance in them because they had an all time dunk contest duel. So I would want I wouldn't want them to almost sully their dunk contest. Rats exactly. Kyrie, who has been the most reasonable person related to Dallas Mavericks. Amazingly, he essentially should be the Dallas Mavericks spokesperson. What a crazy journey for him the last few years to where he is now the respected, measured mature elder in the room. He also said he might want to play for Australia in the next Olympics. That'd be dope. He was born in Australia. And then there is this so have it so this So NASA said there's like a three percent chance and asteroid's gonna hit the US in a couple of years, highest they've ever recorded. They then, you know, adjusted that down to like one point seven percent or something. This is oddly something demands that the asteroid hitting the Earth probability stuff. It could be at forty percent and I don't think I would change it would change my day one day, Yeah, because I look at that as such a binary a there's nothing you can do and it's either total human destruction or everything's fine. So I just don't. I can't wrap my mind around worrying about it. It's like, well, if it the bright side I suppose is if it happens, none of us really know, right, it happens just lights out on the planet, you know.
Speaker 2: What I mean? And so does it have to Is it going to destroy the whole planet or is it going to destroy like parts of it?
Speaker 1: Well, listen, you're you're raising a good point, which is is it instant lights out destruction for the world or is it like lights out god kids, and then the sun gets blacked out and we're all in that movie The Road. Yeah, that would be worrisome. But I just I'm I'm gonna trust that you know that the one and thirty three shots not gonna come in. That's that is. That is what I'm going to trust. All right, Let's get to the one basketball game last night, the worst Laker game of the year, And I was, well, I'll let you set it up and then I'll and then I'll tell you what I was going to discuss and then I guess what we end up having to discuss, So go ahead.
Speaker 2: All right? Yeah, So the Lakers were embarrassed at home last night by the Hornets at home. That's now the Jazz and and now the Hornets. Lucas still struggling on offense. I think the team still needs to mash a little bit better. But he had fourteen points, celever rebounds, eight assists, so that was nice. Austin Reeves got ejected. Is it time to sound the alarm?
Speaker 1: Here?
Speaker 2: Are you scared? What's going on here in Leyton?
Speaker 1: Later? Well, I was. I thought the conversation was going to be about Luca today because Luca looks unsettled. However, it's not because if people didn't stay up to watch this game. Let me give you a quick recap. Lakers were up twenty. They then slowly but surely blew the game. They then late down four, uh, well actually down two. Ruey misses back to back free throws with thirty five seconds left, just a killer, just a good free throw shooter misses both. They then find themselves down four after LaMelo kind of cooks Luca out on the perimeter and they get a layup. Lebron hits an impossible three to cut it to one the Hornets. Then LaMelo hits a couple free throws, and then Lebron has a really good but deep look and misses it. They get the rebound, gets another decent look and misses it, and they lose. And I'm like, man, I was like, we're gonna have to talk about how sad Luca looks. That to me is the actual story. Little did I know? And this is a bad job by me, bad media, you know, kind of seeing the tea leaves. I missed what the obvious story was gonna be. Lebron missed another clutch shot, which, by the way, he has been shockingly bad at those in the regular season since he's been a Laker. Last five second shots to tie or take the lead as a as a Laker one of twenty nine, so like, really really bad at those in the regular season, and that's a legitimate complaint. I guess, like whatever, But I foolishly thought we were done with and passed the Lebron clutch gen stuff. I thought maybe, and you guys know, I you know, I've always been pretty respectful to my former colleagues skip baylists, But I did think that with Skip moving to a different part of his career, maybe the Lebron clutch gen stuff would you know, wander off into the sunset as well, because not because it's unfair to talk about whether or not guys can come through in the clutch, but because it has always been an empire built on lies. You know, a mid February regular season game against the Hornets miss threes. It's like, man, Kobe would have made that. So now I have to I don't want to do this, but now I have to be the person. And by the way, this is something that if we edit this properly and because I'm gonna machine gun you with numbers and put this on the TikTok and the Instagram, folks are going to say these are fake stats because there's such a Mandela effect of oh, I know what I remember and what is true and what isn't. So again, I did this eighteen months ago, I looked it up in our archives. I will now do it again with the updated numbers. Thanks to our friends at Statthead and Basketball Reference. The database goes back to nineteen ninety seven to now Here are the clutch shooting numbers for Lebron and for all your favorite players. We will go from the max to the men. So the set, the setup is this shots to tie or take the lead in the playoffs final minute Lebron James twenty three of fifty forty six percent. That is a better percentage than every player in the database from ninety seven to now, except for Demonse's Guy Ray Allen, who was just an absolute killer. So it's not only that Lebron has made the most and taken the most forty six percent. You might be like, well and ninety seven to now that covers Kobe's entire career. Kobe was assuredly better than Lebron at these again, playoff games, tie, take the lead final minute Lebron twenty three to fifty forty six percent, Kobe Bryant it twelve of forty four twenty seven percent, Kevin Durant nine of thirty five twenty six percent, Steph Curry six of twenty five twenty four percent. You want to go to We've heard forever. Uh, you know, Lebron just put his head down, get to the basket. It doesn't have the bag. What about threes Lebron final minute of playoff games to tie or take the lead four of eleven from three, Kobe Bean Bryant three of seventeen, Kevin Durant three of sixteen, Steph Curry three of fourteen. Let's go smaller. Final thirty seconds playoff games tie or take the lead Lebron James fourteen of thirty five forty percent from the field, Kobe mister clutch killer, Kobe Bryant Bron fourteen of thirty five forty percent, Kobe eight of thirty one twenty six percent, Durant six of twenty four twenty five percent, Steph four of nineteen twenty one percent. Let's go smaller. Let's go to the stat that we're hearing about Lebron in the regular season as a Laker final five seconds tie or take the lead in the playoffs Lebron eight of twenty forty percent, Kobe Bryant four of eighteen twenty two percent, Kevin Durant two of eleven eighteen percent. Let me, where is Steph on this? I know he's on this somewhere, I can't even find him. Step maybe hasn't taken in the final five s seconds. Oh there's Steph one of six seventeen percent. So the reason the Lebron clutch thing has always been so such an outrage in an affront to kind of the way we consume basketball at large. Is it was literally not only was it never true, the opposite was true. The guy hit a game winner in the first playoff series of his career at twenty one years old. And if we go for again now, I'll just do percentages and show you the full list of guys in the last thirty years in the NBA who have been more clutch in the postseason final minute tire take the lead of every player to take at least fifteen of those shots. There have been twenty in twentieth place. This one's rough Russell Westbrook three of twenty four in nineteenth place, Steph Curry six of twenty five, second place, Lebron James twenty three of fifty forty six percent. Ray Allen first place by a lot, eleven of twenty one fifty two percent. If you want to do three point percentages, Ray Allen sits alone ten of sixteen pretty remarkable, ten of sixteen sixty three percent, Dame five of ten fifty percent, Reggie Miller fairs fair six of thirteen forty six percent, and then Lebron four of eleven thirty six percent. You go down the Russell Westbrook yikes again, one of fourteen, that's seven percent, Kobe three of seventeen, that's seventeen percent. Fourteen again, if you want to just go raw percentages, final thirty seconds of the playoffs, Tire take the lead. The only guy ahead of Lebron is Ray Allen nine of eighteen fifty percent Lebron fourteen of thirty five forty percent. Ray Allen, by the way, final thirty seconds on threes Demons eight of thirteen to Tire take the lead in the playoffs. Guy just unbelievable at those on those shots, Gene, He's maybe the best ever. The statistically is the best ever. Now if we expand that to where you don't have to have taken fifteen of these shots, just to where you only had to have taken ten. Two more guys jump ahead of Lebron. One is Chris Middleton six of eleven in the playoffs to Tire take the lead in the final thirty seconds and Jimmy Butler six of thirteen at forty six percent Lebron fourteen to thirty five. But again, the guy in your head that was the ultimate clutch guy Kobe Bean Bryant on these shots final thirty seconds, Tire take the lead eight of thirty one from the field and on threes one of twelve final thirty seconds Tire take the lead in the playoffs and Steph Curry four of nineteen overall, Again, these numbers are not very kind to Russell Westbrook Russ one of fourteen from the field, zero of nine from three, and then last but not least, final five seconds, Tire take the lead playoffs. If we just make it to where have you taken five of these shots? Because Lebron's taken twenty The only guys with a better percentage Jimmy Butler's three of five, Reggie's five of nine, Chris Middleton's four of eight. Lebron is eight of twenty forty percent, and on threes in those spots Lebron's two for five forty percent. Kobe, who everyone remembers as the ultimate clutch killer. Final five seconds of playoff games to tire or take the lead four of eighteen twenty two percent, one of seven from three, Steph one for six, Durant two for eleven from the field. So I, so the lesson on This is multifaceted. One is nobody really aside from Ray Allen shoots an amazing percentage on these nobody but shooting more than thirty percent on him is remarkable. And across every five second, thirty second minute playoff game, TI take the lead, Lebron's looking up at one guy, Ray Allen, and again you might be like, well, Jordan, I know was eighty percent. The database only goes back to ninety seven, so I can't tell you what Jordan was. The NBA is very cagey about play by play data early in Michael Jordan's career. Maybe it's because the eighties were a different time, or maybe they're, you know, protecting a legend. I don't know. What I do know is this that if you asked one hundred basketball fans what they thought Kobe or Lebron or Durant or Lebron or Steph or Lebron's percentages were in these circumstances, the vast majority would look at Kobe's numbers and be like, those are Lebron's. And look at Lebron's numbers and say those are Kobe's. And even after I present this data, you know what, folks, are gonna say, Ah, I don't believe it. It didn't feel that way. And the reason it didn't feel that way, and the reason I'm doing this today is because no other player ever could miss a twenty eight footer down three after hitting the three to cut it to one in a regular season game against the Hornets when he was the best player on his team that night, and have that morning sports television be an indictment on him. The reason you don't remember the Kobe misses is because every single Kobe game wasn't a referendum on his clutch or anti clutchness. There's been one athlete ever that has been treated like this, and it's the same guy who was criticized for not playing in his twenty first straight All Star Game and then was criticized for playing last night. Oh looked awful healthy last night, didn't he? But he couldn't get it's the regular You saw that right, Yeah, he's having a good time. The thing he got that rest on Sunday for real, it might not have been able to do it. So I do find these I find this this stuff fascinating, if for no other reason than how gas lit kind of sports media has been or sports fans have been by sports media like Chauncey billups Mister big Shot is his nickname. Chauncey billups On in the final minute of the playoff games to tire or take the lead is five of twenty. The exact same five of twenty is James Harden. But that's it's just not how we remember it because we remember the moments of it. So also there's a couple funny names on like if you go through the in the last third years, the twenty guys who have taken at least fifteen shots in the final minute of playoff games to tire take the lead. The names it's all names of like Okay, stars, Hall of Famers, all time greats. And then also Haydu Turkalou who took sixteen of these, And I just imagine that was because he was on deep playoff runs with Dwight and you know, Dwight, you're not going to give the ball to in the fire. He was the guy who ended up having to take those shots. Yeah, but it's it's ray Allen, Lebron Jimmy. This is in order of field goal percentage, descending number one. Ray Allen then Lebron, Jimmy Butler, Reggie Miller, Manu Ginobili, Chris Middleton, John Stockton, Derk Novitzky, Steve Nash, Damian Lillard, Haydu Turkalou, Tim Duncan, Dwayne Wade, Kobe Bryant, Paul Piers, Kevin Durant, John T. Billis, James hard and Steph Curry, Russell Westbrook seventeen No Doubt Hall of Famers two, borderline Hall of Famer, and hate who so shout out to my guy hat Turkle. I don't know why he's my guy. All right, Now, let's talk about the lucapiece of it. Demanse Uh. I think he's legit sad, and I think he is really unsettled by this. He looks so unsure of himself. Go ahead, yeah about Yes. I think that he is still in a state of shock that this happened. And I don't think it's about wanting or not wanting to be a Laker. I think it's more about this team. That he looked at himself as the leader of obviously the best player this franchise, that I think he truly believed he might be able to do what Dirk did and play with one team forever, that they traded him under the dark of night and then have done everything they can to just tell the world we don't believe in you. We thought you were a bad leader, of mediocre teammate, out of shape, all of it. He seems less confident on the court than at any moment of his career. And Luca is at his best when he's like a snarling, angry monster. But he also has to have that kind of swagger and confidence and I just haven't seen it, and I don't know what how long this is gonna this is gonna take. But he looks he looks relieved when he makes a shot. He looks unsure of what he wants to do with the ball. And it's not again. I'm not sure how many people stayed up late to watch the entirety of Lakers hornets. I oddly did. Late in the game, he like, there was I forget I think maybe Bron shot it. I'm not sure. There's a misshot and Luca is down fighting on the offensive glass gets a rebound and gets a putback is to tie the game. It's a huge play, and you saw a shot of him after that, and it was. It wasn't even like it didn't. Again, I'm not a body language expert, but just from watching this guy every step of his career, it wasn't excitement as much as it was relief, like I finally made a play and I don't know how long this is gonna last. My hope would be the MAVs game next week snaps him out of it. That there is that seeing like that, that is I'm because the Lakers host the MAVs on Tuesday, so they have the Blazers tonight, Dane between that Nuggets Saturday. Yeah, correct, right, and I would imagine Lebron's not playing tonight, so maybe tonight like with Luca just running the full show. But so I'm not I'm not as worried about what these losses mean for the Lakers in the standings, because I know we talked about could could they catch Denver climb to the three and you know put Denver and Okac on the same side of the bracket. Losing to Utah and Charlotte probably made that, I don't want to say unrealistic, because they could beat Denver on Saturday and then just be a game back. But I now look at it more like, just stay in the four five, don't fall to the six where you might have to play Denver in round one. That sounds awful. Stay in the four or five and then you know, theoretically get Houston or the Clippers in round one and then take your chances with Oka See and again, Okay See is a great team, great team, but I think for a team that young, I think they're you know, playing Luca who beat him last year in the playoffs, and Lebron could be tough, and then you know, see what happens with Denver. But Luca is out of sorts, like really truly out of sorts, and he seems like he is not yet fully dealt with or is consistently still dealing with the trade. There's also evidently some breaking news to him on say you want to share it with the audience.
Speaker 2: Uh, yeah, Bobby Portos has been suspended twenty five games for a performance enhancing drugs Yes, so games of the season.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I mean there's only twenty nine games left and the Bos need him. Let me. I just saw someone tweeted that his agent, So what his agent is saying that Bobby unintentionally took a pain medication called tramadoll, thinking was taking a pain medication called tour it All. Tour it All's approved, Tramadoll is not approved, was recently out of the band substance list tramad All. I feel like I've taken tramadoll.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've heard of tramad all before.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think tramadoll. Uh, so it's a painkiller. Maybe I was wrong. I thought tramado all was like an anxiety thing, So maybe I haven't taken it. Tour it all. We all know tour it all. A lot of football players take uh tram it all. Oh yeah, trama all is in a super strong painkiller. It's an opioid. So listen. Everybody always takes steroids by accident. We all know this. Like nobody's ever actually intentionally violated the performance answering drug policy. I don't know, you know, the So people can decide whether or not they want to believe Bobby Portis's agent, that's fine. What does matter is this bad for the Bucks. Is bad for a Bucks team that is trying to climb the Eastern Conference standings. Now they I think it's more important for them to just stay where they're at in the four to five line rather than move They're not gonna move up. There's six games behind the Knicks, so they're not going to catch the Knicks for the three. But what they don't want to do is fall to the six and then end up having to play the Knicks in round one. Like, there's clearly three teams in the East in Boston, Cleveland, and New York that seem that are considerably better than every one else, with Milwaukee lurking because of Giannis. Milwaukee doesn't want to have to face one of those three in round one. And you traded Middleton. You I know you have Kuzma now Kuzma though, shout out Kyle Kuzma. Good for him, buddy, congrats engage Winnie Harlowe. Unbelievable. I know they've been together for a long time. But the listen, I Kyle. Kyle was once upon a time a real pro for that Lakers team. He was a real pro as the year they won the championship, did the dirty work, rebounded, defended, did all that stuff. Then went to the Wizards and just played nonsense basketball for three years. But maybe now he's with the Bucks, he'll be a real pro again. But Milwaukee needs to stay where they are in the in the bracket. They can't drop down to the six. All right, let's do a little more on the Luke ad trade because Rich Paul talked about it.
Speaker 2: So yeah, Rich Paul had a little bit on the Gilbert Arenas podcast. He said, a ninety nine point nine percent of the time, I'm gonna know what's going on. The one time I didn't was the one time we all didn't per se know what was going on.
Speaker 1: So you thoughts, here's the thing, I know. You know, Bill Simmons and others have been adamant that they think this is all a lie, that they think a lot of people knew. Lebron knew and Rich Paul knew. And I truly believe these guys. I don't always believe them, but I believe him for two reasons. One is there was not even a whiff of this in the media. There was not a whiff of it anywhere. And the other reason is because Wendy believes them. And Brian Windhorst. Brian Windhorst knows everything that's happening in the NBA. He discusses ten percent of what he knows, so like Wendy is always I think, and I don't want to speak for him, but in a weird spot on TV because very often he knows a lot more than he is willing to discuss or at liberty to discuss. But it does allow him to have very informed opinions. And so you really if you listen to Wendy's podcast or watch him on TV, you can learn a lot. And Wendy said, this is a time he believes that no one knew anything. He didn't know anything, and so I believe Rich Paul on this. He went on to say it was a shock to everybody who was in. It was a shock. The timing of it was a shock. Obviously who was involved as a shock. I'm glad I didn't know, and I'm glad that whoever else didn't know, because it probably wouldn't have happened if you did know. You can't get those things done with people know. And I wonder how much of that is. I wonder if the Jazz wouldn't have participated that, if the Jazz run by Danny Ainge, who hates the Lakers, if the Jazz wouldn't now the Jazz basically got two free second round picks so like to make the salaries work taken on Jalen Hood Schaffino, but they I do wonder if the Jazz will been like, no, we're not helping the Lakers get lukad Ancic. Bleep, you find somebody else. So I believe rich on this all right. Before we get to other potential NBA trades, let me talk to you guys about my friends at DraftKings. Who's scoring big in the NBA this season? You are all new ways to getting on the action. DraftKings Sportsbook, an official sports betting partner of the NBA Monster Slams Dish in the Rock cleaning Glass. Get behind your favorite players and the prop bets you can make on DraftKings, the home of NBA player props. Ready to play your first bet? Try betting on something simple like picking how many points your favorite player will have. Go to the DraftKings Sportsbook app and make your pick. All right, yesterday, guys, I said we're gonna keep tracking this. Yesterday we went over too. We took the Lebron over and the Luca under. No, we should have done it. We took the Lebron under and the Luca over. Luca didn't do anything. Lebron looked like we might go one for one, but then Lebron hit that late three to just kill us, then didn't hit the late later three to win the game or tie the game. So our record's now one and two. So today this is the one I'm looking at. I'm only looking at one today. I usually we give you two, but it's coming off the All Star break. You don't know exactly who's playing. I don't want to give you, guys ones that I'm not actually playing myself. Kevin Durant over twenty six and a half points is where the line is right now. It is Sun Spurs again lines an odds subject to change my thought process on that this is twofold. One is Durant probably feeling good with that Olympics documentary coming out where he looks like a star. Durant also fought to stay with the Suns they need to get in the play in and Wimby all of a sudden doubtful with an illness. Ooh, So for all those reasons, I think Durant gets to thirty, I'll take over twenty six and a half points first time. Here's something special just for you for first time. Customers. New DraftKings customers bet five bucks, get one hundred and fifty dollars in bonus bets, instantly take it to the rack with DraftKings sports Book Every point Counts. Download DraftKings Sportsbook app. Use code right. That's code right for new customers wright to get one hundred eight dollars in bonus bets when you bet just five bucks only on DraftKings. The Crown is yours. Gambling problem call one eight hundred gambler in New York call eight seven seven eight hope in why, or text hope in why, which is four six seven three six nine. In Connecticut, help is available for problem gambling Call eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of Boothill Casino and resort in Kansas twenty one plus age in eligibility varies by jurisdiction void in Ontario. Bonus bets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issuance. For additional terms and responsible gaming resources, see DKNG, dot co, slash b ball now uh wimby being listed all of a sudden doubtful with an illness a Chandler Parsons and his infinite wisdom. Yesterday was like, guys, I've got something. I've got to blow the let off this thing. Did you know that when a player is listed with flu like symptoms, it usually means they were out drinking too much last night. Yeah? Yeah, guys, that's why it's called flu like. That wasn't a conspiracy. It's literally in the description flu like symptoms not listed with the flu flu like symptoms. You know what flu like symptoms are. I'm sweaty, I'm throwing up, I have a splitting headache. Yeah, everybody is always known that usually means you were out partying too much. But listen, more power to Chandler Parsons. I would have thought his career peaked when he swindled Dallas out of that eighty million uh, when he wasn't gonna pass his physical Little did I know he was just gonna become a take cannon up to it, including being like Lebron's making everyone share a court with his son. I'll tell you right now. And I understand he's retired, so maybe it's unfair. I put five thousand dollars in uh Bronnie versus Chandler Parsons one on one game right now, this moment, Chandler, and get that back right we played to eleven. Uh, I'll take Bronnie in that one. Follow the bel the belt, the belt. Oh gosh, I mean that's I I'm trying to I'm trying to be kind. The guy dealt with injuries last played, and I mean he's been out of league five years, so yeah, I mean the yeah. I uh. And I covered Chandler right when he got to Houston. He was really good player until he got hurt. Really good second round pick by my buddy Darryl. All Right, demons, let's go to Durant. Uh.
Speaker 2: So Katie reportedly shot down a trade to Golden State around the deadline. Steve Kerr didn't blame Katie. He came out and said he still gets criticized, so why would he want to face all that bs again? Katie and ied that being the reason and said that I just didn't want to get traded a bit way through the season. And then then when asked about being moved in the summer, he said, you got to ask the front office about that. I didn't ask for a trade from Phoenix, so I buy.
Speaker 1: That he just didn't want to be traded during the season. I do buy that. I here's what I would say if he does have like, oh, maybe I would play with him again, but next year I would my advice, like, you know, you can move me in the off season. My advice would have been to go now. And that is because that's because we don't. We are already approaching really unprecedented territory with how long Steph and Durant are still this good, and there is no guarantee that next postseason having the two of them together would make you a championship contender. Here is a crazy stat, Demons, So Steph's thirty six, Durant's thirty six. Steph is averaging twenty three points per game this year twenty three and a half. Here is the complete list of players in the history of the NBA to average at least twenty three points per game in a season age thirty six or older. Steph this year, Durant this year, Kareem one time, Karl malone twice, and Lebron five times. That's the list. Michael Jordan never did it, Kobe Bryant never did it. An I just every one of your favorite players. Ever, if it is not Steph or Durant this year, Kareem Karmel, owner Lebron, they never average twenty three a game age thirty six or older. Now Durant's averaging twenty seven and shows no signs of slowing down. Steph is showing some signs of slowing down, which again there is he's thirty. He turns thirty seven next month. It's remarkable he's still doing this, Like Lebron playing at this level at age forty. There's a Brady effect to it, where when Tom Brady wins the Super Bowl at forty four, people then look at Drew Brees at thirty nine and they're like he should still be awesome or forty, and it's like, no, you know what, that's not a fair expectation. Now Durant might keep just keep this up. I mean, Durant's showing no signs of slowing down, except for he doesn't really have as much of an impact on winning is as he once did. But that's again, he's still one of the twelve best players in the league. So I just feel I hate that Durant is going to have another great year without any real chance of winning the championship and Phoenix is more likely to miss the playoffs entirely than they are to be in the conference finals. So that's a bummer to me. Did you want to ask you.
Speaker 2: Is more likely to be a Sun next year or another team? I can't.
Speaker 1: I feel like, oh, I think he's gonna be somewhere else. I think that here's what I think. I'm going to give you a handful of teams that have real expectation this year or had it going into the year. Okay, and either they had it going into the year and they've underachieved, or now because of what they've done, they have you know, they have created real expectation. In the East, the only one is the Knicks that fits this category. And in the West, Memphis, Houston, Minnesota and then the pipe dream OKC. If any of those teams go out and round one, do they this offseason say you know what, let's go out and you know, pay one hundred and ten cents on the dollar for Kevin Durant to try to take us over the top. Now, I see no scenario in the world where OKC goes out in round one. But our friend Ty Butler, who's a huge Durant fan this. He has been pushing this right, and I love the storyline of it, of Durant coming back to OKAC at the end and delivering them a championship alongside Shay. That would be so cool and it would be such an awesome moment for him. I think more likely is Minnesota gets involved and then lurking is Houston because Houston has the assets and the draft picks. I don't think they're good enough to be you know. I do think they are probably gonna lose in round one, and that would to me be a really fascinating one. But I see no chance he plays for the Suns next year like I think the Suns. No, I just think the Suns are gonna right now. My money would be on Phoenix missing the play in entirely, not even the playoffs to play in, So I don't know how they run it back? Go ahead? What were you gonna say?
Speaker 2: Do you think you said Katie's showing those signs of slow and down? Whe would you compare Winby to him right now? Got similar body types? See the week Wimby's past him.
Speaker 1: I don't because I don't view it. The NBA is not fifty percent offense fifty percent defense. When it comes to player evaluation, it just isn't. If it were, there wouldn't be a need for an All defense team. The reason there's an All Star team, an All NBA team, and then an All Defense team. It's like, hey, this guy might have been the third best defender in the whole league and he's not even an All Star. So Wimby is a brilliant defender, brilliant and he's a good offensive player. I don't think he's a great offensive player. Yet Katie is a decent defender and a brilliant offensive player. It's close, but I right now would say Durant I. Also speaking of Wimby, I we had this discussion on the show yesterday because there was a you know something that all stars were asked who's gonna be the best player in the league in five years? And Wimby got the most votes. He got six of the fifteen and Luca got zero. And I said my vote would be for Luca. Luke in five years is going to be thirty. Wimby in five years is gonna be twenty six. And again, I understand the upside of Wimby, but what also and again, he's already awesome. But also, if we're going to be fair and going to be honest, we would say this Luca was better by year two than Wimby is right now. Luke in year two carried his team to the playoffs, was first team All NBA, and was dominant in that playoff series against a really good, healthy Clippers team. Like Wimby, this Wimby has not yet impacted winning of him Like, yes, that and he listen, he's also awesome. I'm not taking that away. He is awesome, but he is more of an idea right now than he is a It's just the other guys. Let me just do this real quick.
Speaker 2: So if you are on a winning team right now, Bill, you think it'd be a lot different.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: They suck.
Speaker 1: I mean I think that. I think that the other guys. So I just want to so, oh, sorry, guys, I did this. That's my fault. I'm back now. Lost the camera for a second because I was trying to pull up the Pelicans record in twenty fourteen. I just think the other guys who have had this type of deserved hype.
Speaker 2: It happened again, look it. Luke also might have had a better team around him as well.
Speaker 1: So the but I don't know that he did. That's like, all I'm gonna look at that real quick, Okay, So the I was trying to figure out what year Ante Davis was a rookie and which is why I keep losing. So Anthony Davis was a rookie in twelve thirteen. So in thirteen fourteen, okay, that one's that one. They were thirty four and forty eight. So that's in line with where the Spurs are. The let me look at the MAVs because people will say Jordan's Bulls were thirty and fifty two his second year, but that was the year Jordan broke his foot by so he didn't miss most of the year. By the way, that thirty win Bulls team made the playoffs, I know it seemed impossible. Look it up. It's true when people are like Jordan never missed the playoffs with the Bulls. He missed basically his whole second year. They won thirty games, they made the playoffs. So luke in year two they were forty three and thirty two. That was you know, that was the COVID year and so you didn't play the full schedule and they went to the playoffs. What the Calves in year two for Lebron Gosh, darn it, I got to figure out why this is happening. I apologize, guys. I probably should just stop looking this stuff up, but I just want to know. The Calves in year two were forty to and forty but missed the playoffs, so they were around five hundred. I just thought I didn't necessarily think demonse that Wimby and the Spurs this year would be a playoff team, but I thought they'd be around five hundred and so it's you know what I mean, Like that's been at least somewhat disappointing. I don't know how we got off on this. All right, let's do some Aaron Rodgers stuff where we get some listener questions again, some questions in the chat, but go ahead.
Speaker 2: Steve Helling and Ryan Dunlevy of The New York Post said Aaron Rodgers has pleaded before the Jets organization to keep him for a further season. Diana Russini on The Eisen Show, nobody had shared with me that Rogers was begging to stay in New York. Yet, in fact, this entire time, I knew that Aaron Rodgers wanted his time in New York to come to an end. He knew this chapter was over a while ago.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, So here's the deal with respect to the New York Post. Guys, I believe Diana and Aaron Rodgers is not an idiot. He might, you know, he's odd at times, but he's not an idiot. When you make fun of the owner's son on the record, you that you don't do that if it's somewhere you want to stick around at, you know what I mean. Like he he was he was talking about whether or not he was going to be cut by Brick, which is not Jeff Ulbrick but Woody Johnson's kid. And so when that happens, demansay, you're not all, You're not then begging to stay. I think he wants one, wanted to be cut and wanted the opportunity to, you know, go out and see what's out there for him. Now I don't know what is out there for him, and.
Speaker 2: It's true what he kind of does want to still be a jet like and there's nothing out there for him.
Speaker 1: It's like, hey, guys, I he might end up regretting wanting to be cut. Because the market won't be there for him. But I man, I think it's gonna be a sad ish end because I just feel like maybe Pittsburgh throws him a lifeline. But if not Pittsburgh, demanse, I really think it's gonna end up being one of the two AFC South teams that nobody really cares that that's me, but that aren't high profile teams. The culture the Titans and like that. To me, I is are the most likely of the outcomes. Well right. The other option is for him to just wait and see if a contending team suffers a quarterback injury. But that's a risky needle to try to thread. Then you do have a chance of nobody suffers that type of injury and you're just out. And so the I it seemed to me like he knew the time with the Jets was over all right. This episode of What's Right is brought to you by DAYA Pizza featuring dairy free cheese made with their new Daya Oak cream blend dairy free cheese come a long way, DAYA leading the charge. Their pizza offers the Melton stretch or traditional cheese without any dairy. Each day of pizza starts with a perfectly crisp crust, layered with savory, satisfying toppings, and finished with cheese that Melton stretches beautifully. The DAYA oat cream blend delivers a creamy, cheesy texture that's indistinguishable from dairy based options. Every pizza is crafted to be dairy free, making it a great choice for anyone seeking more inclusive meal options without compromising on taste. Data takes the concept of dairy free to a new level, eliminating faux MoU. It's not the fear of cows that is, of course, the fear of missing dairy. Have no fear. These pizzas delivered delicious taste and texture, making them perfect for any occasion, from casual dinners to game day spreads. Enjoy a faux MoU free pizza night with Data. Visit datafoods dot com for more information, or find DAYA Pizza at retailers like Whole Foods, Kroger, and Walmart coming soon to select publics and sprouts. Follow DAYA on Instagram and TikTok for more updates and recipes. All right, Demansie, let's go to the NFL International stuff. Before we get to the listener questions, go ahead, Uh.
Speaker 2: Yes, the Charges are headed to Brazil this year. There are confirmed games in Spain, Germany, Ireland and three games in England.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, So this is an opportunity for me to once again talk about the idea that I pitched to Roder Goodell in person eight years ago that they need to just take me up on the NFL International Week. It is a financial bonanza. It solves so many potential issues, and I will lay it out once again. We stay at seventeen games. Every single team plays eight home, eight road, one international game. We add one by to the season, which then does push the Super Bowl up against Presidence Day weekend, so we all have Monday off. But that's not the point of this. And the way it works is as follows. Around the midway point of the season, we have a Monday through Sunday week where every single day there are in prime time two or throughout the day I should say, two or three NFL games from different locations around the world. The way you do the time zones is, you know, if the game's in Tokyo, you figure you have it on you know, the Tuesday at noon in Tokyo, which puts it again. I don't have the time zones in front of me, But every day, around the time you're getting off work, there is a football game kicking off. And every day that there is the that football game kicking off, it is on a different broadcast partner. You can give one to Hulu, you can give one to Prime, you give one to Netflix. It's at different major soccer stadiums around the world. The extra bye week works as follows because of the travel. If your game is on early in the week, your extra bye week comes the week before. If your game is late in the week, your extra bye week comes the week after. You remove the competitive imbalance of some teams having more homer road games than the other. You remove the competitive imbalance of some teams having crazy travel that other teams don't, and you can sell every single one of these games as a standalone product and make hundreds of millions of extra revenue that then gets split with the players. You grow the game. It's not random. It's not like, ah, there's this crumbing nine am game in England. It's the regular NFL schedule, and then boom, midway through the year, it's international week and this team's going to Cape town, and that team's going to Cairo, and that team's going to London, and that team's going to Rio, and that team's going to Sydney, and you do it.
Speaker 2: It is.
Speaker 1: It would generate more money than an eighteenth game because you would add the extra week for your major broadcast partners through the extra bye week. And again you might be like, in a bye week, you don't put games on TV. No, you would still have an extra weekend of regular season football, and you would sell these games individually. And it's just the right plan. And I've had this plan for a decade. At some point the NFL. Again, you don't have to, it is my intellectual property, but I have I have proffered this so much that at this point it's just in the public sphere. Just take it. You don't have to, you don't have to pay me anything. Just take it and everyone will be better off for it. All right, let's get some listener questions.
Speaker 2: Uh, great idea, Pops, Actually that was that was nice. I think that would work out very well.
Speaker 1: It would be amazing. And could you imagine if every day you got off work there was a different NFL team kicking off or during the weekday like again, the time zones thing you gotta figure out, but you can figure that that's not hard.
Speaker 2: So should uh following up on that, should every team have their sick second international home?
Speaker 1: I don't know. I don't. Maybe down the road you could kind of have a sister city, you know, for each team, but I think dad has to probably happen organically, all right, go ahead to the listener questions.
Speaker 2: Scott asked Danny parkins flow of the idea of Casey adding Kamara. What are your thoughts on that?
Speaker 1: Danny is a bigger Alvin Kamara fan than anyone I've ever met. I listen. I think Kamara is a nice player, but he's also an older player. I don't think that's gonna happen next Yeah.
Speaker 2: And apparently he has a rush for like a thousand yards like in any season.
Speaker 1: No, but he's such a huge receipt.
Speaker 2: He Okay, makes sense.
Speaker 1: So you know what I mean? So his his yards from scrimmage are always great.
Speaker 2: So a different Scott ass, Will you be watching for Nations Cup tonight?
Speaker 1: I would be if it weren't. I am taking your mom and your sisters out for a nice dinner tonight. As we've taken the little family meal before your mom and I go on vacation. Yeah, so, so otherwise I would. I'm in I'm into big events, so even though I'm not a big high I like big events, So I would watch that. But I'm just not going to tonight next bovic.
Speaker 2: Uh, do you think the Chiefs Eagles would end up being a bigger rivalry than Chiefs Bills?
Speaker 1: No? No, because they're gonna play at best once every three years and Chiefs Bills will play every single year because they're both gonna keep winning their division and then also maybe play in the playoffs And go to links links.
Speaker 2: Why doesn't any media member discuss the Court of gold Duck.
Speaker 1: Didn't it come out like two days ago?
Speaker 2: It didn't come out pretty recently.
Speaker 1: I've seen it, but yeah, have you watched full episodes or you've seen clips? No?
Speaker 2: No, I've actually been watching it on Netflix.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: It's it's really cool.
Speaker 1: It's just.
Speaker 2: I think it gives you a lot of insight on very I think it's been super heavy on Katie so far. I feel like I'm getting caught in a Lebron moment. But yeah, I literally did watch yesterday. But it's just just like how important it is?
Speaker 1: What do you mean you're getting caught in the Lebron moment?
Speaker 2: Well, because like you know, they asked Lebron if you read the book, and he's.
Speaker 1: Like, yeah, I believe you.
Speaker 2: But yeah no, I mean it's just really cool to be able to play for your for your country, is what I'm gathering from the first and Durant.
Speaker 1: The thing that I did see was the Durant kind of uh interview where he broke down crying talking about how basketball essentially saved his life. Oh that was awesome. But so yeah, I just haven't I haven't watched it yet, so that's why I haven't discussed it. But Demandy's a media member. He discussed it. So there you go. Links in it and now someone has disgusted. All right, see you guys on TV today at three o'clock. Uh, then we're all for a week and we'll be back. Thanks to folks at volume Blue Duck. Everybody talk to you guys soon. We'll try