Speaker 1: The dog days of summer means it's time for the boards of summer to kick in the gear and the best way to cash in on your baseball IQ is with Draft Kings Sportsbook. Never bet on baseball before. It's simple. Pick a guy to go yard, hammer some live odd mid game, or just ride with your squad and hope for the best. No spreadsheets, just vibes and dingers. Here's something special for first timers. New Draft King customers. Bet five dollars and get two hundred dollars in bonus bets instantly. Download the Draft Kings Sportsbook app. Use Cold Shannon that's Cold Shannon for new customers to get two hundred dollars in bonus bets instantly when you bet just five bucks only.
Speaker 2: On Draft Kings. The crown is yours.
Speaker 1: UFC three to nineteen is blowing back to the Windy City for the first time in six years. Check out the fight card and get in on all the action at Draft Kings Sportsbook, the official sports betting partner of UFC.
Speaker 2: And if you're new to DraftKings, check this out.
Speaker 1: New customers who bet five dollars will get two hundred dollars in bonus bets instantly. Don't miss out on all the action of UFC three to nineteen. Download the Draft Kings sportsbook app. Now use Coach Shannon. That's code Shannon for new customers to get two hundred dollars in bonus bets instantly when you bet just five bucks only on DraftKings.
Speaker 2: The crown is yours. Hello, ladies and gentlemen, and thank you for joining.
Speaker 1: Us for another episode of Nightcap. Excuse me, I am your favorite. M Shannon Sharp, my partner and co hosts Liberty City's own Bengals Ring of Fame, Honoree Madden, Adjuster, the pro Bowler, be All Pro. He's Chad oh Josenko Johnson. Please make sure y'all hit that subscribe button. Please make sure you hit the like button, and guys, do us a favor go subscribe to the Nightcap podcast feed wherever you get your podcast from. We like to thank each and every one of you for your support and you'll continue support because thanks to you, Nightcap has been able to get the heights we could have only a dreamed of, and especially in a short period of time. So thank you for your support again. H Kanyak Lapotier has a new drop, and this one is very personal to me. I've created a limited edition release to honor my brother Sterling for his induction into the Pro Football Hall of Fame. It's not just a bottle, it's a tribute. It's a celebration of a legacy. And once they're gone, they're gone. So please grab yours while supplies last. The Hall of Fame Edition is officially live. Just head over to Laportier dot com to grab yours while you still can. Don't miss a chance to own a piece of history and a very very special moment. Please go follow my media company page on all of its platforms, Shays Media and my clothing company eighty four with eighty four being spelled out. That link is pinned in the chat. We have a very special guest joining us this evening, pro bowler from the Cleveland Browns tight end David and Joku. He's joining us shortly, but first OJO news of the day, Stir Sanders could miss Saturday's preseason game with an oblique injury. Shaudur suffer the oblique injury during the throwing drill early in the round joint practice against the Eagles. Ojo, how concerned are you about your due or rise to be QB one if he doesn't play on Saturday.
Speaker 3: I'm not concerned at all. I'm not concern at all. For one, he's not going to be quarterback one. We know Joe Flacco is going to be the starting quarterback Week one against the Bengals when they do play, So I'm really not worried about that. Mom, I really don't have any concern because now comes Saturday when they do play. If I'm not mistaken, Dylan Gabriel and I'm not sure if Kenny Pickett is playing, now they get opportunity to show, you know what they can do. We've seen the small sample sides door Sanders with the ones, with the ones for a short period of time, the two, the threes, and the fours, so we know what he can do. We saw how he played with the lights are on, with the pressures on and the bloods are flying for real. We haven't seen what Kenny Pickett could do as a Browns player. We haven't seen what Dillian Dylan Gabriel can do. So they deserve their opportunity to play when the lights are on and the game is somewhat meaningful. As far as buying for a position on that team. As far as Steward goes, he showed what he can do. So him being injured, being able to take the time off and be ready for Week three, whichever Presecon game that is, I'm all fine with that.
Speaker 1: So you think he's shown enough, because me, I don't see how they keep four quarterbacks. Somebody's gonna have to get released. It's really that simple. You're not keeping four quarterbacks because the positions are too valuable and none of these guys play special teams. So with that being said, maybe Dylan Gabriel can hold, Maybe can he pick it?
Speaker 2: Can hold.
Speaker 1: I don't think Joe Flacco's ever held, at least not while he was in the league. I'm sure at some point in time, maybe in college he held or something like that.
Speaker 2: But it just.
Speaker 1: I don't know if he's done enough. You know, people say, well, he's done enough, he's shown what he can do. Well, that's not what the depth chart said. The depth chart said he was still Q before.
Speaker 3: Listen. Honestly, I think politics plays a part in it. But obviously once it's opportunity, when the opportunity for in his cell for him to play. When Kenny Pickett and Dylan Gabriel were hurt, right, he rose to the occasion. He rose to the occasion and looked extremely sharp, had some great plays, you know, outside the pocket. In the pocket, you know, it was calm, he was poised, and I'm sure anyone would common sense a GM, a scout can see the way he played and know this is a quarterback that deserves not just a chance to be on the team, but a chance to start, a chance to compete for the starting starting position. So now with that being said, nobody, nobody on the other thirty one teams Washing Door Sanders play that night and say, you know what, he deserves to be quarterback number four. Nobody, nobody at all. So now if they believe so much and Kenny Pickett and Dylan Gabriel to be quarterback two and three, now they have their opportunity Saturday to prove why they should be.
Speaker 1: I don't know if I don't know if Picket is practiced yet, Stefanski said, I think it was yesterday or day before that. He was still dealing with some tightness. So they want to be careful, they want to be cautious with it. I don't know how much Gabriel has played, has practiced since his injury. But look, they got a Snoop Huntley on the on the roster and they brought him in last week once these other two they realized that Gabriel had got nicked and Pickett had been out for an extended period of time. With all that being said, this is kind of my worst fear because if we talked about it last week and I said, I should hope he can consolidate it. I hope that he can put back to back games together, o jo. And now it's like he played, he played really really well in one game, and now he's mixed, and it looked like he's going to miss the second game and then the third game. You know, like obviously Flacco is probably not gonna play. But I could have seen envisional scenario that they probably would have released Flacoh.
Speaker 2: You know, and with the other guys.
Speaker 3: No, absolutely not. You know that's not gonna happen. That's not gonna happen with your experience in the NFL as long as you've not only played, but been covering the NFL, you know, And they're not going to start with the young bucks. They're not trying to win.
Speaker 2: No, Joe, Huh, you're not trying to win.
Speaker 3: You're you say that you're not trying to win.
Speaker 2: They're not.
Speaker 4: Well, oh, talk to me.
Speaker 3: And like me.
Speaker 1: So you're trying to win. You go get you go get Joe Flacco and Kenny Pickett. That's what that. Those are your choices, and you take Dylan Gabriel and then you take your door settled in the seventh round, a fifth round.
Speaker 3: Well, hold on, what other options did they have?
Speaker 4: They had no other options?
Speaker 1: So there were no other quarterbacks available other than Joe Flacco and Kenny Pickett.
Speaker 3: Well, what quarterbacks were available that can actually put the Browns over the hump right now and compete in a in the AFC?
Speaker 2: North was justin fields available.
Speaker 4: I think he was already going to New York. Huh, he was already going to New York.
Speaker 2: He wasn't going before free agency started.
Speaker 3: Okay, give me you know.
Speaker 1: Joe, you know, okay, you knew you wasn't gonna bring it. Okay, you had it. You wasn't gonna bring James back. Okay, right, so you know that you don't wait till free agency start. You're starting this, you're looking at free agency not only others, but your own free agents. And you're getting an idea. You're trying to put this puzzle together. Who we would be interested in, who might be interested in us, Who are we gonna try to re sign?
Speaker 2: Or we okay with them? Moving on? Right?
Speaker 1: So for me, when you got an eighteen year vet, a guy that really hadn't shown you that he could.
Speaker 2: I mean, he'd been at two stops.
Speaker 3: So Joe, wait a minute, wait a minute, a guy that has shown you. When Deshaun Watson got hurt, he came in and went on a five six game ministry for them until the bottom fell out.
Speaker 1: So he's show So you know what you're getting with Joe Flackel, right, So you know the bothom is gonna fall out, right.
Speaker 3: I mean at some point, and that's where your number two comes in play. That's where the thing is, your number two comes and play. You stick with him, and that's who you ride him with for the foresee of the future.
Speaker 1: But there are things that even though Joe Flacco was playing well, he turns the.
Speaker 2: Ball over and a lot, yeah, he turns.
Speaker 1: The ball over a lot, picks and fumbles, yes, sir, And that's what bites it.
Speaker 2: Pickett.
Speaker 1: I was never I was never sold on Kenny Pickett. Right, Pittsburgh wasn't sold on Kenny Pickett. Didn't he go to h He went to Philly last year? Where was he last year?
Speaker 2: Philly?
Speaker 4: He wasn't Philly.
Speaker 3: I think it was the back maybe third string, I'm not sure, or who was the SEC.
Speaker 4: He might have been.
Speaker 2: Well McKee is the second now.
Speaker 3: Okay, so Kenny might have been the second string quarterback.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he went in with hers went out, but McKee obviously they felt very comfortable keeping McKee.
Speaker 2: And he looked, he looked well.
Speaker 1: And the duty and and and the role that he came in on Sundays last week, he looked really really well. It's just hard for me to see a scenario oho is that they keep four quarterbacks in two rookies. Now you run the risk of, like, if you release one of the rookies, somebody else sign them. Now, probably they're only gonna sign if you sign them to your active roster, because I mean, why would you want to go and try to learn a new system When you spend OTA's, you spent mini camps, you spend training camp learning this system. Why go somewhere else start behind unless they're gonna put you on the active roster. Now, if they're gonna put you in the fifty three, the fifty three man active roster, well I totally understand because there's a substantial difference in pain. But unless they're willing to do that, it doesn't make much sense for me for you to go to one practice squad to the other practice squad.
Speaker 2: Or if they release you, now it's.
Speaker 1: You know, you get to I guess you get to decide, well, well, we really like to sign you back. Do you go back with a system that you're familiar with, O Joe? Or do you move on and try to learn on a new system and say, well, I think over there might be better suit might be better situated for me, or I might be better suited to be in that situation over there as opposed to currently here. What's your take? What do you think about that?
Speaker 3: Ah? I can see how it plays out. I'm telling you, I can see it. I can see it. Listen. I'm not in the Browns organization. I'm not there in the locker room. I'm not there on the practice field. But from what I know about the game from the outside looking in and just being around the game in general. I know exactly how it's going to play out based on what Chadour did in the first preseason game to be able to come out and do that with a limited amount of snaps that he was able to play. Joe Flacco was back, and they brought him back simply because he knows the offense, he knows the system, and we know what we get from him if he's in there. At some point, things are going to go disarray. The bottom gonna fall out at some point. Who's going to be our number two quarterback that going to be able to step up and take things on from that point for the force hev future for our franchise.
Speaker 1: Jalen Hurst gave Shador Sanders a ride on the golf cart after Sanders injured is oblique during practice. He spoke on this conversation with Shador, saying he came to me and.
Speaker 2: Wanted to talk.
Speaker 1: I'm always there of giving my perspective on what I see and how I've gone about things. I'm supporting him from where I am and wish him nothing but the best.
Speaker 2: And I get it.
Speaker 1: I mean, you know, you know, Jalen, I mean the maturity that he displays. You would think the guy's been in the league ten twelve years, and he's only been in the league, what about six years himself. But the way he goes about his business, the way he handles his business, the way he he his perspective on a lot of things right. He doesn't get too high, he doesn't get too low. He's very even keeled. Guys rather around him, he comes off as very authentic. I believe he's very authentic. Or heard Lane Johnson talking about him. He's the same day one as he is right now. He's just gotten more efficient and better at what he's doing. But he's still the same guy. Nothing about him has changed or deviated from when he walked into this locker room as the second round draft pick. And that's what you could appreciate. Circumstances has not changed this young man, super Bowl MVP. This that the talk Philly is a very tough place, a very tough town to play in, but he doesn't let he doesn't let that bother him. Everybody can't play in places like Philly. It'll crush a lot of people. But he's built for it. He has very thick skin, he has very small ears, so he doesn't hear the noise and stuff that people would normally say or that would be impactful to a player.
Speaker 2: It bounces off him.
Speaker 1: So that's what makes him really, really good at what he does, because the same thing with Eli is that they try to beat him up in New York.
Speaker 2: He's like, I don't even hear the Ali damnna be lie. You alive?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm alive. I just don't hear y'all. Bullget what y'all saying is dead to me. I'm alive, And well, it's just what you're saying is dead to me.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: But I like the fact that it's like, look, all I can do is offer my perspective from where I am. I'm the starting quarterback of Philly. I hear what you guys here. I got an opportunity to hear his perspective because he's actually in it, and I was saying, you know, and maybe he shared what I was in a situation when I got here. They had just given a guy one of the second richest contracts in NFL history. But I was undeterred. I was like, I'm gonna take care of what Jalen can take care of. I can't concern myself with what they just paid him, I can't concern myself that he was on the way to winning the MVP before he got hurt. Game Week thirteen, Week fourteen have anything to do with me, and we controlled what I can control. Let me do what I can do, and then the chips will far with a mate. But but when I get my opportunity.
Speaker 3: That's that's exactly what That's exactly where I was going with it now. Obviously Jalen's opportunity didn't come until they were already in season. Well, hell, preseason matters most because right now you're trying to make you trying to earn a Ross's spot. They had gotten Cauth on the depth chart and not give you the adequate reps that you need, especially with the ones other twos two players get hurt, the opportunity to present itself when the opportunity presented itself. How did he look? How did he look?
Speaker 2: He looked good. He looked really well. He looked good, looked very good.
Speaker 3: Well, he looked really well, and commanded the offense and commanded the players. He looked like a leader, looked like he's been doing it for five.
Speaker 4: Or six years.
Speaker 2: Yes, he looked very poised.
Speaker 3: So again, now it's a quarterback competition. His obleague is hurt. Next man up. Now it's Dylan Gabriel's turn. If Dylan now that, if I'm not mistaken of Kenny Pickett's not playing, Joe Flack was not playing the second game. Now Dylan gaber gets to play most of the goddamn game until Stup Huntley comes in the fourth quarters, similar to what they did last Friday.
Speaker 2: M hm true.
Speaker 3: Now, now we will see, We will see because Kenny Pickett not getting snapped now, but we still know what we got from Kenny Pickett when he was in Philly. We know what we got from Kenny Pickett when he was in Pittsburgh.
Speaker 1: It's hard to evaluate him when he was in Pittsburgh in Philly because he didn't really get a whole lot of playing time he was a backup. But we did see a large sample size of him when he was in Pittsburgh.
Speaker 3: Okay, and listen, no disrespect to him. And in a three year span, is all of a sudden now going to be the year that something has changed miraculously.
Speaker 2: Well seems that Cleveland thought so, because that's why he's signed me free agency.
Speaker 3: Well, you know, the quarterbacks are going to always get OPPORTUNITIESNK. You know that true, They can always get opportunities over and over and over and over. Either has a two as a three, but sometimes a four. Not very many team carry a fourth quarterback, but it will always get an opportunity.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm just damn man. I mean, seemed like he can't catch a break.
Speaker 3: I mean, do you know how many quarter Tim Couch, denmar When Peterson, hookum Garcia McCown, Delford, Fry, Anderson, Dorsey, Quinn, Menzielle, Hoyard, I mean, Whedon, Wallace, the Hogan, Taylor Mayfield. Keep it just that it goes and continues on and on and on and on. So how I mean, how they can just be so proud about well, this individual looked a certain way in preseason, but we still want to keep him fourth on the depth chart. I mean, anyone that even looks the par you should be fighting at the bit about him at that position that you haven't been able to find success at and who knows how long.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's been an extended period of times since they found a starting quarterback.
Speaker 4: I mean people are gonna say, oh, it's the preseason.
Speaker 3: It doesn't mean anything. No, it didn't mean something because before a wedding, you have a dress rehearsal, don't you right, yeah, you have a dress rehearsal. Whatever the dress rehearsal, whether it was the twos or the ones.
Speaker 2: Well, they wouldn't have said that. Let me ask you a question.
Speaker 1: If he went out there, if your door goes out there and throws three picks and fumbled the ball, where they have said it doesn't mean anything, or that would say, see, that's why they took him in the fifth round. You see he plays well, it doesn't mean anything. He doesn't play well, it means everything. We see how this goes. We already know what was being written, right, we already know. So he played well, that don't mean anything. He doesn't play well. It's everything. I think for a rookie quarterback, it means a lot because this is his first time getting NFL action. This is the first time that he's gonna go against people that's out there trying to get unless you're a number one, unless you're a high draft pick, but you know you do or out they're competing against guys too.
Speaker 2: They don't want that look, in about.
Speaker 1: Two weeks, thirty guys per teen, about a thousand guys, don't yo got to go their dreams, Their football dreams will come to an end, Yes, sir, what they A lot of these men have been dreaming for this moment their entire lives, and now they're gonna have to do something else. Maybe it's coaching, maybe they put that degree, maybe they're a teacher, maybe they're financial, maybe they're they're personal training, whatever the case may be, they go out into the real job world, a nine to five and they look, don't I'm not saying there's anything wrong with a nine to five because I know y'all. Y'all can try to ll y'all take everything and try to run with it. What I will say is this, for about a thousand plus us me in, their dreams of playing in the NFL will come to an end. And then what is your backup plan? What is playing B? Because Plan A failed? Let me let me take that back. Plan A wasn't the success. So now you're either gonna have to try to like okay, hopefully somebody picks me up on the practice squad and I try this thing again, or I'm like you know what, Probably you listen to what the guys what what. Maybe you listen to what the GM saying says, you know, hey, son, we think you got talent, but we just gotta we kind of just facted at that position where you are, and you know, we think you can play in this league, but just right now, we just think it's better that, you know, we give you an opportunity to go someplace else. That that that's the That's the reality of it, O Joe. That is the reality of professional sports. Sometimes your dreams what you dreamed, and maybe it was your dream to play from junior high a JV to varsity and then you go to high school and say, man if I can play college, and then you say, man if I can just get an opportunity to play in the NFL. Maybe that was your dream, was to get into a train and go to OTA's and mini camps and training camps, play in the preseason, and that was it. Maybe that was it right, But some you know, like I said, it might not happen this year. You might have to have a delayed success where it doesn't happen this year, but it happened next year, and it might be two or three times, Joe, you a but I think you know, you know, give yourself an opportunity to say, you know what, I'm gonna keep'mna keep training. Maybe somebody calls me back, put me on the practice squad, and I might be going into a situation where I don't know the plays, but I definitely be going into a situation where I'm in shape as in shape as I can possibly be, given that I will not have played football in a week, two weeks, maybe even a month. That's what you can hope for. Yeah, but that's that's that's the reality of professional football now. Obviously it's not that many basketball players. I mean, but you look at thirty teams and then fifteen players for roster, so you look at four hundred and fifty.
Speaker 2: They're gonna cut double that because you're thinking about, oh, Joe, you got eighty, You got eighty.
Speaker 3: On the roster right now, and they got you gotta get down to fifty three. To get down to fifty three, three you got to bring you get back.
Speaker 2: You get sick, but you get back, you get by twenty.
Speaker 1: You can get put by Tweint on the practice squad twenty I think, so how many how many practice squad players could have got. I think it's a high number. This is a high teams.
Speaker 2: Oh hoe, fifteen to twenty so oh that change then? Oh yeah, been changed.
Speaker 3: Yeah, anyway, I ain't know that. I had no idea. I had no idea. Okay, okay, okay, sixteen sixteen, Okay.
Speaker 1: So you get sixteen. Well, if he's an international player, could be seventeen.
Speaker 3: So that's dope.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So with that being said, don't you know like a lot of these So because at first you had ninety, then you get down there, you go to cam with eighty, and now you that's twenty seven. So you releasing six hundred and forty seven hundred, yes, with thirty times twenty. So think about how many players you're actually releasing.
Speaker 3: Right, Hey, but man, you know the definition of malpractice.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know. The malpractice is Yeah, absolutely.
Speaker 3: Those that are in positions of power that make the calls at that organization. I think everybody needs to be fired if they don't get it right this time. They do because enough is enough. Thirty five different quarterback positions and you have to find success in having one for a decade, you haven't had the luck.
Speaker 2: I do give him a for effort. They keep trying, but come on, man, I mean, ojo.
Speaker 1: If somebody would have told you, given what you know, a twenty six year old Deshaun Watson in his absolute apex prime, if somebody would have told you that it wasn't gonna work, you wouldn't have believed them. He had just led the league in passing. Yeah, just led the league in passing. Now, obviously there are other circumstances. But and then he gets injured.
Speaker 3: What was it?
Speaker 1: He turns acl then he messes up where he messed up his shoulder, I think first, and then it's oh no, no, this's a key leeds.
Speaker 2: It was his key leads. And then he reached he reinjures that.
Speaker 1: So that's I think that's where because they thought they had their quarterback for the next decade.
Speaker 2: Yes, I thought they had their quarterback for the next decade.
Speaker 1: Same nobody would if you go back and look at Deshaun Watson when they made this, there's no no, Deshaun Watson is not out of your top ten. As a matter of fact, a lot of people probably had him in the top five. So and we had never seen a quarterback this young in his prime.
Speaker 4: That's been not injured available be available never.
Speaker 1: They never come available, not in their prime. Even Brady became available, but he wasn't his prime. Now he still played well, but Brady was not gonna be available in your six. Peyton Manny was not gonna be available in year six, Aaron Rodgers, Brent Farv, Joe Montana. They're not available in year six. Deshaun Watson was available in year six and his absolute prime. So they thought that I give them the utmost credit because they traded it off a lot to get him, And that's what you have. What would a team trade to get their hands on a Patrick Mahomes or Joe Burrow or Josh Allen You traded off a lot, yes you would, or Lamar Jackson you would, absolutely.
Speaker 2: So with that being said, I give them credit.
Speaker 1: Now they gagged on a lot of other ones too, But I can't say that they get I mean, it looks hindsight because it's a magnificent signs because we have the luxury of knowing today what we didn't know yesterday. But at the time they're like, oh yeah, perfect, Now you look at what they turned that into. You know, they probably got will Landerson junior and they got the high lives of Nicocollins or and some of these other dress You're like, well it worked out.
Speaker 3: Well, Yeah, absolutely, but.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, I just something, something is I just can't put my hand on it.
Speaker 1: I wish, I wish that your duel was healthy and was playing in this game, because it would crystallize things a lot for me, O Joe, it really would.
Speaker 3: Well, honestly, things are going to crystallize themselves regardless.
Speaker 2: Huh.
Speaker 3: Even if he doesn't play this game, him not playing this game, ob it could be a blessed.
Speaker 1: I got three injured quarterbacks, So how did the crystallize? You got three injured quarterback, one having a blaque and two got ham strings?
Speaker 2: So how does the crystallize?
Speaker 3: Dylan Gabriel's playing this weekend.
Speaker 4: Dylan Gabriel is getting this opportunity to play.
Speaker 2: How long you know ham strings? You know how they are?
Speaker 3: Okay? How about this?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 3: If Shadur looked that way in the first preseason game, right, yes, And Dylan Gabriel plays this week and doesn't look as good as your door did.
Speaker 1: Well, your door bid play against the same caliber talent that Dylan Gabriel. I'm just preparing you for what they're gonna say. Oh Joe, see you already know what they're gonna say too.
Speaker 3: You can't deny, you can't. You can't deny what's for you, no matter how, no matter how much they try to stall the process on what's to be, it's going to be regardless.
Speaker 2: Yes, I agree, regardless agree.
Speaker 3: They can play. They can play the political game all they want. They can play merry go around with the quarterback situation all they want. Hadn't come out and say this is not the quarterback I wanted. But Andrew Berry, when all that is said and done, will look like Einstein. He can look like Einstein. He just is.
Speaker 4: It is.
Speaker 2: You can't.
Speaker 3: You can't. You can't deny it.
Speaker 2: I don't disagree with you. I don't. I don't.
Speaker 1: But it's just hard to compete in that division when you got two of the best quarterbacks, and the two of the top four quarterbacks reside in that division, then you put them in when you say, okay, give me your top five quarterbacks, it's gonna be Mahomes, Burrow, Josh Allen, and Lamar Jackson pose a the four. Two of the four that I mentioned reside in the AFC North. So if you want to win that division and you want to be competitive year and a year out, you're gonna have to find a way to beat those two quarterbacks and listen, and they're gonna be there for the extended None of those quarterbacks are thirty, So you got to deal with him for the next.
Speaker 2: Five to ten.
Speaker 3: And you also have another And I don't want to discredit him. I know he had to look good the past two years, but you don't have to. Ain't no slous down there in Pittsburgh.
Speaker 1: Either, right, The only thing you're not gonna have to deal with him for another five to ten. But you're right, Yeah, but you're right. So I just know, I don't know what Yoe.
Speaker 3: Listen. I'm excited to see how it turns out. I know football is back in twenty two days. If I'm not mistaken. I think I got my numbers right. And I want to see who's going to be quarterback number one for the Cleveland Browns. I want to see. I know how it's going to play out. I know Joe Flackham going to be the starter.
Speaker 4: He's the veteran. He's the veteran.
Speaker 3: We know what he's done. When he was at the Helm, he went on a five to six game run. It was phenomenal.
Speaker 4: Look crazy.
Speaker 3: I also saw what she do or did when he got his opportunity despite being low on the depth chart. Now we can see what Dylan Gabriel can do this Saturday. I don't even know who they playing. Who they're playing, Philly, Yes, huh.
Speaker 1: Okay, chat, we know whe's to have David and Joku.
Speaker 2: We believe.
Speaker 1: He's kind of falling asleep, and so once we can get him awake, we'll definitely we'll definitely.
Speaker 2: He definitely break him on with you guys.
Speaker 3: But they have they have, they had practice they huh yes, oh yeah, And.
Speaker 1: We know what time it is. It's it's ten thirty on the East Coast training camp. Now it's different, I mean because we stayed up till one, two, three in the morning. But these guys, you know, they get their sleep, and I understand that. But I promise you, if we can get him awake, we'll get him on here for you guys.
Speaker 2: Raheem Moore seems to be.
Speaker 1: Pleased with Kirk Cousins plate those surpassed by Michael Pennick Jr.
Speaker 2: On the depth chart. Raheem says he's been really good.
Speaker 1: You're talking about going through the progressions and actually throwing the ball wherever you need to throw it.
Speaker 2: Obviously he has.
Speaker 1: The ability to come out of the pocket a little bit better than this time as they're coming off with significant injury. That's dramatically improved, like it improved throughout the season. But I really love words at from a communications standpoint with Michael Pennix Junior and from its coaches. Oh cho, yeah, is their quarterback controversy brewing where.
Speaker 2: In Atlanta?
Speaker 3: Absolutely? Come on, man, absolutely not absolutely not listen. I'm I'm not there to see, but I do see all the plays being made that are posted on social media on Twitter. Every time I look up at Drake London making a play. Well, hell, the same quarterbacks throwing the ball every time I see something. When training camp first started, all the players, I see Kyle Pitts and they talking. He's talking to the media about the connection between you. Between Pinnix and Kyle Pitts has been different. You know this seaon. Yeah, he's my security blanket. We want to make an effort to get in the ball. So now this is just a second we get training camp. How is this even a story? I have no idea, but we know who quarterback number one is. Yes, it is, and it's not an issue. It's not an issue at all. He's shown what he can do when he got in last year. His opportunity is now there's no issues at that position.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I mean obviously he's coming off of an achilles injury, so obviously he should He's a year removed from that injury. Now, Cousins has never been fleet of foot. Nobody's ever going to confuse him with Lamar Jackson or Josh Allen or Justin Fields, one of these mobile quarterbacks. No Russ in his prime, nobody's going to confuse him with one of those. But to have a little bit more more, a little bit more mobility than what he had last year because he was already.
Speaker 2: Oh Joe, damn slow, Now you're coming off an Achilles injury. Where you going right? I wouldn't pay I wouldn't anything but a couple of five twenty two?
Speaker 4: Man on it.
Speaker 2: You ain't going nowhere? Where you going? Where is he going right? Nowhere? Yeah?
Speaker 3: We know what he can do.
Speaker 2: Oh he get throw it? Now, you get him time He'll pick.
Speaker 3: Your part, pick you apart like a like a surgeon.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, he'll pick your part now you a.
Speaker 3: He's surgical with that ball now.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, yeah, you get no, you get no denying from me. But uh.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they can't. They can't. They can't go backwards. Once you once you, once you go and move on to your young gun. You ride it out.
Speaker 1: You got to say all the positive things. Oh he's going and hopefully a hope. That's another Cleveland could have traded for cousins.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, but see see if oh Yoe thigs of it.
Speaker 1: Bad man, I can't. I can't. I can't find it. If you look hard, you find jobs out here. You have a job you're looking for, right.
Speaker 3: Say you heard what you just said, what kind of job you're looking for? Just because they could have traded for him, doesn't mean he would accept it. Said trade you know? Do you know that trade that you know that conversation exactly has no trade That conversations would have come through quarterbacks in the NFL in choosing where they want to go. But I think players they don't have a choice.
Speaker 4: They traded to quarterbacks.
Speaker 2: Ask you this, Joe for a chance to start or be a backup.
Speaker 3: That's a good question. That's that's a good question. Now depending on who you are, well, hell, if you on the goddamn trade block, I mean you, you ain't really got no power to say whether you want to start or not. Because if you, if you are who you thought, you were traded, and you wouldn't be getting traded in the first place.
Speaker 1: Mm hm, So I definitely think that's a situation. Look like you said, you know what Cousins is, Yeah, you protect him. He can pick you apart. He's not gonna make a whole lot of players off script. He's not going to get it. He's not looking to get outside the pocket, the tackle box. He's looking to be in that phone booth. He's not gonna be hard to find. He's gonna probably be about nine ten yards deep and probably in a seven yard in a seven yard window.
Speaker 2: That's where he's gonna be.
Speaker 1: No, he doesn't have the strongest arm, but he's he's very accurate because he has great anticipatory skills. He's maximized his ability in the NFL. If somebody would have told you seen him in college and watched him like, okay, maybe a bad career back up, but he's parlayed that into tremendous success. But I think I think this is Roy. He ain't trying to try to build him up. So hey man, this car a run like it did when I first bought it.
Speaker 2: Ojo. Yeah, I know.
Speaker 1: Look here, man, I know it's thirty years old, but it got low mileage on it. As a matter of fact, I ain't even driving but a couple couple of times all last year, knowing knowing that soon as you get it round the corner you have to call the toe, you're gonna have to call the flat bat to come get you. That's why I've been driving.
Speaker 3: It, right, So, uh, that's a good one.
Speaker 1: Michael Pennick Junior is involved in a practice fight Onjo versus the Titan. After passed to wide receiver Ray Ray McLeod, the third Pennix the changed heated words with several Titans defenders. The trash talking quickly escalated into a physical altercation, prompting players from both sides to rush to field. Pinnix ended up in the center of the scrum and appeared to be slammed to the turf. O Joe as a teammate, do you salute Pinnick for showing he isn't scared to defend himself, or do you tell him.
Speaker 3: Broo, No, no, no, no, you you telling me that's what do you want?
Speaker 4: Pennic got that dog in him.
Speaker 2: I like that.
Speaker 4: Oh you don't don't listen to and I ain't trying to hear all that. I want a quarterback. That's just justice. FIE's arebody jo Bir throws a punch and breaks his hand.
Speaker 2: You cool with that?
Speaker 3: They say, got into altercase and they say nobody throwing no punches.
Speaker 1: He was slam to the turf? Did you hear that part? Let me repeat that. Pennix ended up at the center of the scrum and appeared to be slammed to the turf.
Speaker 2: Did you hear that part?
Speaker 3: I don't think he won slam. You know when things are written, like when things are written, when things are written, they gonna exaggerate.
Speaker 4: They're gonna make it so bad.
Speaker 2: What didn't what they shown?
Speaker 4: Please show me? And I guarantee no, we're.
Speaker 1: Not finn show nothing. We're absolutely not gonna show it.
Speaker 4: As ask sent it to me.
Speaker 3: Asked, I guarantee you they didn't pick him up and slam it to the turf.
Speaker 4: I guarantee you that didn't happen. For one.
Speaker 3: Even if you're an opponent and you're in a joint practice, there's not one defensive player the joint practice to get the Titans right.
Speaker 4: Yes, there's not one player.
Speaker 3: On the defensive I mean on the defensive side of the Titans. That was slam Penning Jr. Whether mad or not, they just not.
Speaker 1: I disagree. So let me ask you a question. In the Jets, in the Geno Smith situation, what happened with that? A defensive player that punched the quarterback?
Speaker 2: Yes? Or no? Wait?
Speaker 4: And Geno Smith, what happened.
Speaker 1: When he was in New York? But go back and google. I'll let you google it. We don't need to rehab that. So this notion that people will contain themselves when they get upset, it's just not true.
Speaker 2: Ojo.
Speaker 1: You know that, and I know that, especially because I don't know Pennick Jr.
Speaker 2: He on Atlanta. I'm with the Titans. But you're also looking at him.
Speaker 1: He's not Lamar, He's not one of these other he's not one of these top flight quarterbacks.
Speaker 2: They don't hold him in high regard like that.
Speaker 3: Even if they don't hold him in high regard because he's not the top five quarterbacks in the NFL. Defensive players the ones, I'm sure it's ones on ones. They still respect him and not going to try and hurt the quarterback in a joint practice by slamming them.
Speaker 4: They just not even if they're mad.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: Michael Pennick Junie speaks on the fight. Say he threw a deep ball to Ray Ray McLeod and celebrated. I'm from Tampa, I'm from Dade City. We're all playing, we're all about competing at a high level. But when but when disrespects comes in, it's like, all right, this ain't football no more. They had a lot of words on practice, so I gave them some word.
Speaker 3: Because the Tennessee Titan players were talking trash yesterday. I saw the clips yesterday with the Tennessee Titan players talking trash and Boom offensively, Penix and Ray Ray offensively collectively as a group. They must have they must have got in there, you know what today they just a little look, little little friendly trash.
Speaker 4: You know, you know how them.
Speaker 2: Join I ain't. I've never seen no quarterbacks get into it.
Speaker 1: The quarterbacks moves away they don't do no talking because there's two risks too risky.
Speaker 3: I got you, I got you, I got you.
Speaker 2: But your quarterback Carson would have done something like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, Carson, feisty boy, Carson.
Speaker 2: I'm just y'all.
Speaker 1: I mean maybe I just played a different era. Hold on, I played in quarterbacks, did didn't get involved in stuff like that?
Speaker 2: Too risky.
Speaker 3: You know you know who would do it. Twelve, the greatest quarterback of all time would be right in your face.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: But but yeah, I mean he he he ah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean I saw, I saw my own ass. But I I understand what you're saying. But I'm not even there. I'm not even at the joint practice.
Speaker 1: But y'all, did y'all have didn't have I don't know if they had him like that back then when you was playing.
Speaker 3: We had him with the Saints. Me and Mike, Mike McKenzie. Yeah, Me and Mike McKenzie had a Oh we had a ball like that. Boy. It was that with somebody else we had joint practice with. We had a lot of fights, a lot of fights.
Speaker 4: And it never comes.
Speaker 3: It's never fists, it's always just grabbing and then everybody it's just like one big scar. It's funny, and then you go right back to practicing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, normally the quarterback might have had might have said something, and then they he tells off his alignmental he tells us and we doing it. But the last thing you want is a quarterback end of the shoulder, ending of engine the thumb or hand punching something or getting or getting punched.
Speaker 3: Right, Yeah, I definitely we wouldn't. It wouldn't get to that.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: You know what's funny, especially when it comes to the beat writers and and those that are watching, they will exaggerate what happened and what's being said and make it seem like it was, oh, it was so awful.
Speaker 4: So I take some of the things.
Speaker 3: That they say, you tell you what a grain of salt with a grain of salt on, because they know, look I look at I look at the caps.
Speaker 4: I look at some of the captions to some of.
Speaker 3: The players that are being made, Like was that even necessary to even say it or word it that way just to get people to click in, like come on now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I look, look, I ain't got no problem with the quarterback protecting, but when it comes to like being in the scrum.
Speaker 2: You let scrum.
Speaker 3: You get out of the way.
Speaker 1: God a cause when people get hey, they punching, they punching whatever. They ain't got the same color they got on, they punch it.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Remember remember the one damn the ram the Rams in the Bengals had had the joint practice and Aaron Donald got into it.
Speaker 1: Yeah to do with helmet off. Yeah, man, you see a bunch of that going on.
Speaker 3: Hold on, matter of fact, if I'm not mistaken, for all the teams that are having a joint practice, it's been a fight on Twitter and social media, on instagrams at every joint practice.
Speaker 1: It's always somebody getting the best of you. You ain't finna get the best of me.
Speaker 3: I see Calvin really out there going off. Oh my goodness, did you see the goddamn clips of a mon Ross Saint Brown against the Dolphins.
Speaker 2: Wait, what's up to you? It ain't looking good for y'all.
Speaker 4: Yoh my goodness, Jesus.
Speaker 2: And so yeah, and that that would be my only thing pick at you.
Speaker 1: Look, I ain't got no problem talking. I'm gonna do my talking from over here, and y'all gonna keepalking. Yeah, we're gonna bomb y'all laps again, especially you, because you you the worst one. You're doing the most talking, and you the worst one. As a matter of fact, I'm not gonna shoe You're gonna make it till the next weekend. But most of the time, you know why, I'm gonna make sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Hey, that's that's my kind of carrying on right there.
Speaker 2: That's that's that's all I'm doing with you.
Speaker 3: That's my kind of carrying on right there.
Speaker 2: That's all I'm doing. Well.
Speaker 3: As the end of the day, Listen, we're here to get better, We here to compete. Hey, trash talking is just a part of the game.
Speaker 2: Hey, bro, you got your CD on license? You need them? Oh, what's a go?
Speaker 1: I'm the I'm the last one you want to get especially in like a joint practice, Like everybody can hear everything, the fans can actually hear what I'm saying. And then it's just something about it is just so easy to get open in practice.
Speaker 2: I don't know what it is about you.
Speaker 3: It's different.
Speaker 1: Maybe maybe maybe I'm invisible. I don't know what it was. Maybe I just like I'm tired. I'm tired of you just talking. You on my nerves right right right, So let me put a stop to this.
Speaker 3: It's only one way to put a stop to it, and that's in between the green grass and the white lines.
Speaker 4: That's it.
Speaker 3: That's it.
Speaker 2: I'm cooking. I'm cooking, So just be careful.
Speaker 1: Pinnis rookie Shamar Stewart hits Joe Burrow at practice leading to the brawl.
Speaker 2: Another check out the video.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I saw that.
Speaker 2: Look like stunt. He got a balance.
Speaker 4: Oh he's all balance.
Speaker 1: Oh man, you can't hit the quarterback, your team, your teammate. You can't hit the quarterback.
Speaker 3: You hit the quarterback if anything, if anything, most of the time as a rookie, as he gets better, he understands just to go on by.
Speaker 2: He stood off balance because you see he got too far over extending.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and he was going down and.
Speaker 1: Then if he pulls up, So why'd you stop? Well, coach, I was off balanced, saying we hit the quarterback.
Speaker 3: I think coaching coaches understand, especially in that scenario, especially going against the ones. Look, he's right, he's all balanced right there. Yeah see, and Joe is already playing. So Joe can't even he can't even react to it.
Speaker 1: M And and that's the worst. That's the worst because Joe is playing it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, boy, I know he got that. I know they gave it.
Speaker 1: They gave him a fifth hundred headaches. Now, if you if you want to start the ball in practice, hit up.
Speaker 3: Hit the quarterback right now. Now we talk about the quarterback. Yes, hit the quarterback. All you gotta do is run on by a matter of fact, duck, duck and run on by so he can continue with the throw, so his hand doesn't hit your helmet.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah. They don't want to go to the side. Yeah boy, he thought.
Speaker 3: Boy, you don't want that. You don't want you don't want the problems.
Speaker 1: Ted Carroll said after practice that Shamar running into Joe Burrow on the pass rush sparked a response from the old line. Come on, man, that's all our hopes and dreams right here. But we've got to be better too. That's on us. Oh they quarterback. Oh yeah, you can't. You can't get that.
Speaker 3: Hey, I like what cars.
Speaker 1: Practice a practice with your guys, go every time you touch the quarterback, it's gonna happen.
Speaker 3: But I like what. I like what the lineman said. That's on us. Listen, if it's a stunt. You already know if they passing it off, they pass it off right next man, because if it's if that's a game situation, hell.
Speaker 2: See the thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a lot easier when you can study it and know that's a possibility. See when you're going to get your own guys. You you a they set you up perfect. You're like, oh man, or I got he whip, And next day you know that guy is up on you before you know it. So if you're not careful, if you do too much like this, here them shoulders turn.
Speaker 3: It's a rap rap.
Speaker 1: So you got you got to stay as square as you possibly can. Shove that guy onto the tackle. And once you see him disappear, somebody gotta be coming, somebody coming. Hey, God, cross your face. You oh you think he just going? Somebody coming around. They got to because he disappeared. He leaving a gap. They're not gonna leave a gap vacated. But uh, he'll, like I said here, he'll rookie.
Speaker 2: Bro.
Speaker 1: This ain't this ain't college. If you hit the quarterback everything, honky dory, they tear your ass up.
Speaker 3: They they go get you.
Speaker 2: I don't know how they did it.
Speaker 1: And and and and and and and your at your school, little Joe. But but in the NFL, if you hit the quarterback, get.
Speaker 3: You listen, he's gonna be a fight every time. Yeah, a fight every time. But I obviously, obviously whoever his position coach probably talked to him. I'm sure Zach Taylor talked to him. He probably apologized to Joe after the fact. And those better. Now, if you come clean on a stunt or move or whatever it may be, just run by the quarterback. Yep, just run by him. You know, we know you, We know it would be a sack.
Speaker 2: We know.
Speaker 1: Coach Davis as a better state. Somebody hit the quarterback? Can you play quarterback?
Speaker 2: Son? Can you play quarterback? No? So the water f did you hit it? Oh man?
Speaker 3: That's funny how.
Speaker 1: You played defensive live but it all of a sudden you was a quarterback. I mean, I guess you could have transitioned normally. Did quarterbacks transition on the offensive side? Maybe it's a corner. They don't really transition to D line on YO, Absolutely no cowboys on the Jerry Jones irk his fan base after admitting his team is a soap opera. Three hundred and sixty five days a year. Jones made the comments during the red carpet interview before the premium of Netflix America's Team The Gambler and his Cowboys documentary. The Cowboys are soap opera through under sixty five days a year. When it gets slow, I stirred up. And so it's wonderful to have great athletes, to have great players. But there's something more there. They're sizzle, there's emotion, and if you will, there's controversy. That controversy is good stuff in terms of keeping and having people's attention.
Speaker 3: We've been saying that for the longest.
Speaker 2: Huh, hen't saying nothing about winning? What wait? Wait, you got winning in.
Speaker 1: There that George, he's not focused I thought winning. I thought winning is something you did three sixty five.
Speaker 3: You're not focused on that. He's not. He's not focused on that. The most profitable franchise, not worried about all the sports, and all the sports were worried about. Line in them pockets. That's it, and the product, the product is gonna sell hisself. The fact that he doesn't even have to say anything because the product gonna sell itself. The fact that he does say something, it makes it even worse.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 3: The Dallas Cowboys is no different than Blue Magic. There's no different Blue Magic. You saw American gangster those in the chat.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm talking about. Blue Magic sells itself.
Speaker 3: You don't have to take the product and cut it up, do any talk, and do anything extra. It's the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 1: Oh, Joe, if I told you name me, if I'm gonna remove the top five, yeah, I'm gonna say. You know, I'm gonna remove the top ten, name ten through twenty of the richest people in the world. You couldn't you see if Jared didn't say anything, nobody would know who he is.
Speaker 2: And he wants you to know who he is.
Speaker 1: It's not good enough that he owns the most the most valuable, the most lucrative, the most profitable franchise in sports.
Speaker 2: That's not enough.
Speaker 3: M h.
Speaker 2: He wants to be the face.
Speaker 1: Like Patrick Mahons is the face of the Chiefs, Joe Burrow is the face, Lamar is the face.
Speaker 2: Jerry doesn't want that. Jerry wants to be the face.
Speaker 3: Listen, the product sells itself. The fact that he just adds to it it just heightens everything. But Jerry Jones is Nikky bonds Man, you don't care.