Speaker 1: That was rough that our technical difficulties. We were hoping we were gonna.
Speaker 2: Well, we're three, three, four episodes in now, and I feel like we should be pros at this and not wondering where do we find the microphone button? Is it to the right.
Speaker 3: I'm still struggling. I'm still struggling with the technology. So yeah, it's just I've just never felt older than I did trying to trying to start recording today's podcast.
Speaker 2: So hello, hello, by Now we've listened to our first three episodes of this podcast. And how do you feel now after having listened to your voice for three hours straight?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 3: Well, I I made the smart decision to not listen to it three hours in a row, like to break it up, because yeah, it's like listen, you know, you hate that, like when you leave a voicemail and you're like, God, is that is that really what I sound like? Imagine that but much better quality? And yes, that is what you sound like. But part of your job is listening to it. So yeah, it's nothing like listening to your own voice. But I loved it, I thought, I mean, I am very happy with it. I mean, it doesn't really matter what we think though, because you and I could you know, sit in a room by ourselves and be like, this is great, We're irrelevant.
Speaker 1: This is all.
Speaker 3: It's really all about the tana Ritos and if yeah, if they are, if they're on board with us, and I feel like they are.
Speaker 1: I feel like they are.
Speaker 2: I feel like we're going to bring them on this journey with us, regardless of how many times we screw up the facts or right ourselves.
Speaker 3: Well, speaking of screwing up the facts, didn't we decide that it's going to be fanner Rito's.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, faner Rito's.
Speaker 1: See.
Speaker 2: Well, this brings me to an important point that there there's already arguments going on about you is it?
Speaker 1: Wait?
Speaker 2: What? Well, everyone's debating whether it's tanner Ritos or tanner Ritos, Like is it spelled with an enter? At which I know the answer, but does it really matter? People care? Like I don't wait, why wait?
Speaker 1: You mean it's spelled with it? Oh? Is it tanner Reno's.
Speaker 2: In the original show Full House, it was spelled tanner Reno's, but they changed the spelling in Fuller House so to tanner Ritos. But I just say it the same way. I just say, oh, lot tantos, Like I just say it. I don't think about how it's spelled, but people are noticing the spelling.
Speaker 3: It's sort of is it like the yanny sound like what do you hear? Do you hear tanner Reno's or do you hear tanner Rito's. It's like the blue or gold dress right right right?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't know which is correct, because I feel like, whichever camp I pick, it's technically.
Speaker 2: Are you team tanner Renos or team Tantrina? It sounds the same.
Speaker 1: Here's the thing.
Speaker 3: I think I originally was team tanner Renos because I seem to remember when we first heard it, or you said it in the script in fuller, weren't we all kind of like, wait, was that it? Or was it Tanto Renos? We all kind of were thrown by it, right, and then we talked about it and we're like, now we're just going with Tantaerto's. And then we were like, yeah, I guess it sort of sounds like okay, fine, etoses, but whatever. Technically we're both right and we're both wrong, and really that's that's as much agreement as we're gonna get in today's times.
Speaker 2: And Ironically, nobody ever picked up on this because they're watching Full House, they're not reading the scripts like we are. Until we named our podcast how Rude Tantarritos, And now everybody's now, well, that was.
Speaker 3: Why we did it, just to it was purely for the obviously huge controversy.
Speaker 2: So we're so scandalous on this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yes, I mean that's really that's huge.
Speaker 2: Breaking up right, Well now that now that we've mumbled for a few minutes, should we get into this this episode, our next episode, or any more you want to chat about?
Speaker 3: I'm well, I look, there's always things I want to chat about, one of which is that we saw our mutual friend or I saw our mutual friend.
Speaker 1: Gwen Victor two days in a row, which was wonderful.
Speaker 3: Yes, she was our dialogue coach that worked with us in later years and she Yeah, I got to see her at a play reading that I did and also out at the picket lines.
Speaker 2: Oh that's so awesome. I love all of this. And yeah, I love Gwen so much. She's fantastic. Yes, yeah, I love her.
Speaker 3: Anyway, just that was a fun little mutual friend moment that that I said I would tell her that you said hello, or that you'll you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Maybe she's listening to this podcast. I don't know. She doesn't do social media, so I don't know if she's ever gonna hear this show.
Speaker 1: She's the smartest one out of all of us, for sure. Sorry, I just knocked over a leak.
Speaker 2: This is maybe by season two we'll get our acts together, and I hope the Taylortos are still wrong.
Speaker 1: You've worked with me for years and seasons. You know how this go.
Speaker 2: We never get it together.
Speaker 1: No, no, no no, and I'm always knocking things over all right, all right, so yeah, I guess we should get.
Speaker 3: Into the next episode since that's sort of the point of the podcast.
Speaker 2: So that's why we're here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, great, the only reason we're here, but it's like ninety nine percent of it.
Speaker 2: All right. Well, welcome back everybody to how Rude Tanner Ritos. We're here to discuss season one, episode two, which is titled Our Very First Night. It aired on September twenty fourth, nineteen eighty seven, and it goes a little something like this. The girls are rocking when Uncle Jesse is left in charge of them for the night, but Danny is really when he arrives home to find Jesse conducting a band practice. This episode was directed by joel's Wick, who has directed every single TV show he on the planet.
Speaker 3: He's directed so many things. He didn't do the He did not do the.
Speaker 1: Pilot though, did he or did he do the pilot?
Speaker 2: I think he did the pilot. Yes, he did do the.
Speaker 3: Pilot, and I think he did a lot of Yeah, he did a lot of the first season, but not all of it, I don't think, But yes he did.
Speaker 1: He's directed a ton.
Speaker 2: Of stuff and he wrote the book on sitcom directing? Did you read that before?
Speaker 1: I read that book?
Speaker 3: I did read that book, and he was one of the people that inspired me to to really try it out.
Speaker 1: He was like, jokes, you know what you're doing, you need to try this.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: And we were actually at breakfast at a deli by the how Arts Deli, So yeah, I mean, imagine Joel and his delis. He's always happiest there.
Speaker 2: I love Joel. This episode was written by Jeff Franklin and it had a few guest stars. Judy Aarrenson stars as Raven, who is the only female member of Jesse's band. She has also known for weird Science, Friday the Thirteenth, The Final Chapter and Beverly Hills nine O two one, Oh very cool. And then this is also guest starring David Wakefield, The Pizza Man, which we'll get to The Pizza Man just yeah eat.
Speaker 3: Well, I you know, ironically, I actually still talk to Judy Aaronson, like we're social media friends and yeah, and I saw her at an event that Caitlin was hosting Stemos's wife for like a political thing, So yeah, I still she is still around and awesome. And I mean she the purple hair is is not there anymore.
Speaker 2: But I was gonna that was my next question is ye, no more purple hair?
Speaker 1: No darn it at least last I saw.
Speaker 2: Well, maybe she'll bring it back after we talk about this episode. We'll see. Okay, we are opening the show. Oh, in Michelle's room, where Jesse and Joey are finishing up changing her diaper, they say, seventeen minutes, we beat our old record by thirty seven minutes, and then they enthusiastically high five. No, wait, I did the math on this. Does this mean it used to take them fifty four minutes to change one diaper?
Speaker 1: Yes? I the math part.
Speaker 3: I'm not gonna attempt to do, but yes, because if they beat it by thirty seven minutes, that means that they have to add that it. Yeah, so basically they got to the house and they've just been changing a diaper.
Speaker 1: That's all they've.
Speaker 3: Been doing the entire time that that that they're there. But can I can I say do they did you see the part where they throw the baby wipes in the thing that is not a trash can.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's like a big toy. Yeah, the stacked rings.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're using it as a genie or whatever. It is just a toy that they are throwing trash in. I just had to comment on that.
Speaker 1: There.
Speaker 2: You know, that's a common thread in these first few episodes that Jesse and Joey are incompetent parents. Yes, one, Joey comes up with this brilliant idea that if they triple change, if they triple the diaper, they'll get three times the protection but only have to change her one third as often. So they wrap three diapers around Michelle and grab her jammies out of the closet.
Speaker 1: Also incredibly unsanitary. It's that poor child.
Speaker 3: They've never heard of diaper rash. I mean, you just wrap them in three diapers. But I guess that's sort of the point. But is this what people who don't have experience around babies think you're supposed to do around babies, Like.
Speaker 2: It's been so long since I've I've changed a diaper that I would never think to triple diaper though, make I maybe get an extra absorbent nighttime diaper, but three diapers. Come on, it's a silly look.
Speaker 3: If you're wrapping a baby in three diapers. You don't even know that the diapers come in different forms. You don't even know that there's a nighttime one. All right, anyway, exactly.
Speaker 1: But doesn't he first just putting the kid in a bag in like a trash bag.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, in a hefty bag.
Speaker 3: Yes, again, with the kids in the bags in an oven bag.
Speaker 2: The oven bags, they got to use a hefty use a hefty bag. So they realize they can't fit the baby who's wearing three diapers into her pjs, so they just start tying different pairs of pajamas around her waist and around her neck. This Olsen twin, whichever one it is, is very tolerant of all these machinations.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was impressed. I was very impressed.
Speaker 3: And also I do the same thing when I struggle putting on my pajamas. I just start tying them around random parts of my body.
Speaker 1: It works. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: It's much cooler that way. There's more airflow.
Speaker 1: It's true. It's true.
Speaker 2: So Danny walks in and Jesse and Joey very proudly hold Michelle up and say tada. Danny is not impressed with this, and he tells the boys that he will take it from there. Jesse and Joey leave the room while Danny tells Michelle she really is a good sport, which she is.
Speaker 3: He is he really doubting his decision making at that point, you know, is Danny like, oh, what have I done?
Speaker 2: I think it's coming. I think it's this episode later on where he starts to question Yeah, every decision he's ever made in his life. Yeah, particularly this one about yes, inviting his brother in law and his best friend to live with him.
Speaker 1: But that creates the stakes for the rest of the show.
Speaker 3: But yeah, I feel like Danny at this point is like, I've really just added two more children to the.
Speaker 2: Mix, exactly. It's a very full house. We cut to boy, that's only one. I've only done it once. Just wait, it's only been like three episodes. That means there's gonna be more. There's so many puns to come. We cut to Uncle Jesse's room, where Uncle Jesse is singing an Elvis song while redecorating his room, which brings us to our Everywhere You Look segment where we talk about cool set.
Speaker 1: Cool set deck. But also do you remember John singing that song all the time? Because I do, you do?
Speaker 3: Maybe he would just sing that that was part, just that one part, but like that was where you could hear him around set. He'd just be walking around and like sing that, going to his room, going to the dressing room, going to craft service. So when I heard that little bit, I was like, oh yeah, that was like.
Speaker 2: Your thing unlocked a memory.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, for sure.
Speaker 2: That's kind of like our version of Jody Sweetened.
Speaker 1: Right exactly, walking the halls thing. Yep.
Speaker 2: I love that tick of his. So yeah, okay, So we're in Jesse's room, which looks fantastic. We see a jukebox, We see a pink lawn flamingo.
Speaker 1: It's not even a lawn flaming. It is a giant flamingo.
Speaker 3: I it's like, well, maybe there was a lawn one, but there's also like a very large flamingo.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And I don't think it's a it's a blow up flamingo. I think it's like a like an actual like.
Speaker 1: An action statues statuary.
Speaker 2: Wow, yeah, crazy?
Speaker 1: It was the sock hop uh neon light, Yes.
Speaker 2: The sock Hop neon sign, a blow up saxophone guitar and display records on the wall. Uh and Elvis posters of course. Oh oh. But then the most random item of all, a postage stamp dispenser vending machine. Right, what is that? Like? Why why would you need a postage stamp vending machine?
Speaker 1: Why would you need it in your room?
Speaker 3: That?
Speaker 1: You know what I mean? Where is Jesse sending letters off to?
Speaker 2: What is he's he writing to?
Speaker 1: Maybe was a collector's edition thing?
Speaker 3: Also question if it's taken them an hour to change one diaper and this is still like the first night, right.
Speaker 2: Is this the fit?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Right?
Speaker 1: So how the hell they get all that stuff in there?
Speaker 2: They've been working very they had time to move.
Speaker 1: They've been so busy changing one diaper.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean, well, and who's watching the rest of the children while Jess and Joe changing diap there's hour after hour.
Speaker 1: That's who's that's who's moving them in is the kids?
Speaker 3: I mean, DJ has obviously already proven herself to be an excellent mover.
Speaker 1: So that's okay, never mind, but DJ, she's moved them in. Got it? Great? Okay, keep going, This is awesome.
Speaker 2: Okay. So Stephanie walks in the room and asks, what happened to my room? She is upset that Jesse is covering up her pink bunnies on the wall with his Elvis.
Speaker 1: Posters postage stamp machine.
Speaker 2: She says, my mom, Oh yeah, I mean, how rude. Right. Uh. Stephanie says, my mom made those bunnies just for me. Don't you like them? And Jesse immediately rips down the Elvis poster and says, oh, he loves these bunnies. Do you remember the scene? Do you remember being in the room, do you remember the.
Speaker 3: I remember the bunnies. I mean I very clearly remember the bunnies. I didn't know, like wallpaper bunnies were a thing, and I have to say, having seen them up close, Steph's mom did an incredible job with cutting these things, just perfectly lined edges.
Speaker 1: They look fantastic.
Speaker 3: But no, I remember, I remember like that I would feel the edge of them on the wall, you know what I mean, You could like just sort of peel along the edge of the bunnies, and I remember I would like trace along the edges of the bunnies in that room.
Speaker 1: I don't know, just a weird little memory.
Speaker 2: Like a tactile thing. Yeah, very much like it's like a sensory yeah, five year old Joey's.
Speaker 1: But like I remember it, I vividly remember it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I love it. Danny enters to announce that it's bedtime. Joey comes to the door and tells Steph that the Sandman Express is there to pick her up. With Harmonica in his mouth, he shuffles into the room on all fours and says, all aboard.
Speaker 3: I wish somebody would still take me to bed like this. It's so much more fun. I'd probably, you know what I mean, I'd get much better.
Speaker 2: Husbandscal won't feel like into the.
Speaker 3: Bedroom A lot to ask, that feels, you know what I mean. But like I just somebody, I don't know, like just I want a little train ride.
Speaker 2: Maybe Dave can provide the service to you.
Speaker 1: And now now it's just okay. Now I made it anywhere.
Speaker 2: Now it's weird. I made it weird. Uh Steph, Stephanie jumps on his back. They say whoo woo, and they exit the scene like a chow choo train.
Speaker 1: I can't remember.
Speaker 3: I can't believe though I was that Like, I'm sorry, I keep interrupting. This is just how my brain.
Speaker 2: So that's what we do. Just that's how we do.
Speaker 3: I'm the bus driver, you're the Every time I see like me, I barely am like Bob's waist high and like jumping on Dave's back, I'm like.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh. I I have literally.
Speaker 3: Known them all of my life. It just it hits me every time I watch something like that where I'm like, wow, like the it really is family. I remember like being that little and jump you know, and.
Speaker 2: You were you were tiny. I feel like you were tiny for your age, or maybe you were just smart for your age, so you acted older than you were. I don't know. I mean, I know you skipped a grade and you learned how to read at age two or whatever. I don't know. You're you throw that fact out. Now. Well, we'll get there.
Speaker 1: In the in the next episode, which is the first day of school.
Speaker 2: But let's see, let's save it. Let's say we'll save that all right. So now we are in DJ and Stephanie's room and Joey as the Sandman Express, enters the room. It says, last stop Stephanie's bed. Danny and Jesse enter and say it's time to say good night. Stephanie then asks Jesse for a bedtime story, to which he responds Uncle Jesse doesn't know any bedtime stories, to which she slyly says yes he does, returns with no, he doesn't. Oh, yeah you could. You can see the setup. They go back and forth like this before steph does a sad fake cry with her hands rubbing her eyes, and she says, I got yes he does.
Speaker 1: The juice in my eyes one of the two.
Speaker 2: Or dust from them?
Speaker 3: Yeah you really?
Speaker 2: So Stephanie effectively trips Jesse into this bedtime story. He agrees. Stephanie jumps into DJ's bed, and then the five of them begin a story game where Stephanie starts the story and then points to a different family member to keep adding to the story in their own unique way.
Speaker 1: I remember doing that too. I remember it, you do.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I remember sitting in that bed like I'm so excited to I don't know why I've thought this scene was really fun because it was, you know, bouncing back and forth, and I got to make a noise instead. I get like that. I just was really excited to do that.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And you were kind of in control of the game too, pointing at the different adults to see whose turn it was.
Speaker 3: That may have been. Actually what I was enjoying was the being in charge.
Speaker 2: What follows is a convoluted bedtime story involving Cinderella, a big bad wolf, and a Joey Bullwinkle impression. Before Jesse just ends this story abruptly. DJ replies, no monsters, no witches, but that story was very scary. We end the scene with Stephanie handing her dad a bunch of storybooks and telling him you need to star.
Speaker 3: Oh wait, I also I have another everywhere you look moment. There is an Easter egg on the wall of DJ's room that is like a little moment of what's to come.
Speaker 1: Maybe did we talk about it already, Maybe we didn't.
Speaker 2: The maybe the Bengals poster.
Speaker 1: No, no, the the Golden Retriever poster.
Speaker 2: Oh, I didn't notice that.
Speaker 1: There's a whole there's a poster of a whole bunch of Golden Retriever puppies over DJ's desk.
Speaker 2: It's foreshadowing, yeah, or it was just an available poster that they could use for free.
Speaker 1: Probably that, but also Golden Retrievers.
Speaker 2: Maybe that's your poster that gave Jeff the idea for the Golden Retriever.
Speaker 3: I thought Jeff always liked the Golden Retrievers. Anyway, it was just an everywhere you look kind of moment. I now that's all I pay attention to when like we enter a new scene, I'm just looking at all of the background stuff.
Speaker 2: Oh good, okay, great, good, Well, I'm trying to figure out what's going on in the scene. You're you're looking at deckor and stuff. This is good.
Speaker 1: That's exactly how things went when we work together to.
Speaker 2: Okay, where are we? Oh okay. Now we're in the living room and the three guys reached the front door at the same time. They're all trying to leave the house at the same time, and Danny's like, guys, wait, who's gonna watch the kids. They start arguing. Jesse says he has band rehearsal, Joey says he has a ten thirty slot at the laugh Machine, and Danny responds that he has to do the ten o'clock sports. So the three of them are arguing over whose job is more important and why.
Speaker 3: Well, Joey has a rubber chicken and a Grover puppet in his bag, So I'm just saying, as far as things go, that is pretty important, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Yeah, like all of his arguments, like it doesn't hold any waste.
Speaker 3: If you didn't know that Joey was a comedian then obviously with a rubber chicken and a Grover puppet in his bag, that is what makes you go, oh he's a comedian, right, I got it?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 2: Do we think is he get paid for this appearance at the laugh Factory or the laugh Machine or is it like a look.
Speaker 3: Is somebody that's done some stand up before? I mean not much, No, probably not.
Speaker 2: It's experience.
Speaker 3: It's getting pay experience, it's pay in theory.
Speaker 2: So the three men are going back and forth, insulting each other's professions with names like Ozzy Osbourne, riptailor Bozo and Charro. And this is a fun fact. Did you know that decades later in two thousand and four, Dave would appear on the Surreal Life with Charro.
Speaker 1: Well, there you go.
Speaker 2: I would say foreshadowing, but like there's that wasn't foreshadowing. That was just coincidental, right, coincidental? And my guess is that that joke doesn't really land with most people anymore. Correct, Yes, yes.
Speaker 1: And yeah, there's a couple in this one where I'm like.
Speaker 2: Wait what, Yeah, there's a lot of weight that should be another segment.
Speaker 3: Wait what wait what eight nineteen eighties references for.
Speaker 1: You and before.
Speaker 2: After a series of back and forth, it is determined that it is Jesse who will stay behind to watch the girls. Danny apologizes to Jesse and says, I know I can trust you. The girls are upstairs sleeping. Jesse turns around to see that the girls are running down the stairs. They are not sleeping. They say hi, Uncle Jesse, and everyone heads into the kitchen.
Speaker 1: Again, with John parkouring over the couch.
Speaker 2: Oh he did he leap over the couch again?
Speaker 3: Oh? Let he stepped on it, like one foot on the cushion, one foot on the back, one on the arm and leapt through the thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was it was quite It was quite skilled.
Speaker 2: Really, did he ever take a spill or miss a step or wall in his face?
Speaker 3: I don't remember. I don't remember, but that would have been embarrassing.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I don't remember any mishaps like that either. Maybe he no.
Speaker 1: I wish I did.
Speaker 2: I know me too. I wish we could talk about it.
Speaker 1: I remember my own.
Speaker 2: But yeah. So we're in the kitchen. The girls are explaining to Uncle Jesse that Dad always lets them have a late night snack when they're hungry and can't sleep. They pull ice cream out of the fridge and explain why they also need cookies, but not so fast. Jesse tells them to sit and asks, do you think I'm an idiot or something? I know what's going on here. The girls give innocent looks before Jesse says that they can have ice cream and chocolate milk, but not cookies. The girls cheer.
Speaker 3: This is the argument I have with myself every night. I go, Okay, here's what we're doing. You can I get ice cream and cookies?
Speaker 1: No? No, no, no, it's not what you do.
Speaker 2: Oh you drive a hard bargain. We are now up in DJ and Stephanie's room. Moments later, where the girls are in the middle of a huge sugar rush, we see empty containers of ice cream on the table. The girls are jumping rope and doing the hand jive as Stephanie declares she cannot stop jumping and she may never sleep again. I'm impressed with her and in this scene because you you just had to jump for I mean, I was straight.
Speaker 3: That's the power of being you know five, right, you can just jump and run and you get up from a chair and just run for no reason.
Speaker 1: You know, that's just what you do a five.
Speaker 3: Yeah, very now, I was. I was looking at going, Oh my knees. That would have sucked. You know.
Speaker 2: Did you and Candice get to eat this ice cream or did you ask if you could taste it or tell me it was?
Speaker 3: But I do remember like the weird sort of faded purple color on it because I matched my outfit like match the the ice cream container. But I don't think we got to eat really too much of it that I remember. But I just remember it being like the containers were all sticky and yeah, yeah, yeah, And I remember I don't think i'd ever heard that Zoro whatever song, the jumping rope song, like I feel like mine were like more Miss Mary or stuff like that.
Speaker 1: But I'd never heard that one before.
Speaker 2: That took me. That took me back not too far. But we did a Fuller House episode where we had to jump rope up in the up in Kimmy's room in the attic and the other like but and I was in my forties then, so that like, I'm like, this is not does not please rewrite this bit because like I was not coordinated.
Speaker 1: I don't remember. That's right. We had to jump rope together together. It was right. We had to because yeah, we were like jumping.
Speaker 2: We were tied together with a fake umbilical cord, so we had to jump.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I do. I think they wrote that part out. I think I think that that one was like this isn't happening.
Speaker 2: Like, don't don't make forty year old women jump rope on a stage please? Uh? The girls hear music playing downstairs and DJ says to Stephanie, party time. Then we get to this epic scene in the living room. We see Jesse and his band which is called Jesse and the Rippers. Although we don't know that yet.
Speaker 3: No, but there are some There are some of the rippers in the background. Gary Griffiths, some of the rippers. Yes, Anny Cordola, oh you remember their name screen, I still.
Speaker 1: Talk to him. Yeah, yeah, yeah, good.
Speaker 2: How are they doing.
Speaker 1: They're doing well, They're doing very well.
Speaker 2: That's awesome.
Speaker 1: Lannie actually taught me to play guitar on later episodes of Ohlows. That was who taught me how.
Speaker 3: But but yes, we see the rippers for the first time, and can I tell you too, Like, looking also at the rippers who have been around for thirty some odd years, I'm like, oh, my.
Speaker 1: Well, they were babies. They were all babies.
Speaker 2: Mm hmmm hm.
Speaker 3: And Gary Griffin had some pretty awesome yellow pants, that's all the thing.
Speaker 1: They were like highlighter yellow.
Speaker 2: He tried to convince me that he was like he had this backstory in his mind that he was actually like Gary Gibbler, like he was a Gibbler, like my long long walcked and this is only an idea that he had in his head. I'm convinced this was not like Cannon or whatever. So about my uncle Gibbler, Sure, why not?
Speaker 3: Then you never really talked to him though? When you saw him. Maybe it was like, oh, he's in the band. Fine, fine, he's there. You know you're not going to talk to him anyway.
Speaker 2: Anyways, Jesse tells his bandmates that they have to be quiet because the three girls are sound asleep upstairs. So they start to play.
Speaker 3: Which is why you invite an entire band in your living room to bring their instruments. Also, have you ever seen a band set up that takes a while? There you got to run chords in and the thing and loading and a drum kid.
Speaker 2: They has time for this?
Speaker 1: Who has time for this?
Speaker 3: But not only that, they did it in record time, right, It was in the process of eating a bowl of ice cream there was a band in the living room.
Speaker 2: So well, maybe it's because Michelle was triple diaper that they had time on.
Speaker 3: They need to do live shows, is all I'm saying. They can just strike a set like nobody's business. Okay, So the band starts.
Speaker 2: To play awkwardly with no real amplified sound when DJ and Stephanie appear at the top of the stairs dressed in their cute eighties rock clothes and they yell over the balcony they dressed us who our hair? I loved your hair.
Speaker 3: This is my question, the teased hair, saying it didn't look great, the tease this the little half up, half downside pony.
Speaker 1: The whole outside.
Speaker 3: I felt so cool in that out Let me tell you I felt so cool because Roberta haze Uh and Gina traconas our wardrobe, our costumers for women's wardrobe. Roberta especially was just super cool and so she was really excited to get to like put us in fun little outfits.
Speaker 1: And I remember the.
Speaker 3: Like ripped jeans, and it was so not something that like I normally would wear.
Speaker 1: And I just I felt really really cool.
Speaker 2: You guys love purple hair. Very cool? Oh yes, you looked so cool and but you still age appropriate. Like it wasn't like you were in slight clothes like you guys looble.
Speaker 1: No, we just looked.
Speaker 3: I mean I had look I had like matching socks and scrunchy sock and a scrunchy and a thing.
Speaker 1: It was all very eighties. But again, who did the hair? It looks so great? Who put you?
Speaker 2: Know?
Speaker 1: These a ten and a five year old.
Speaker 3: Let me tell you what my kids look like at ten and five walking out of the house okay. My mom was like, are you sure you want them out in public like that? Meanwhile, Stephan DJ at eleven pm after jumping rope, are like fashion plates.
Speaker 1: I love Ready loves sitcom Land.
Speaker 2: The sitcom Land is the best place to live.
Speaker 1: Your hair looks the best there, for sure.
Speaker 2: For sure, Jesse says, you're supposed to be in bed. What would your dad say? DJ reassures Jesse that her dad would be totally okay with them being up this late.
Speaker 1: He would say, why is there a band in my living room? Is what he would say.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of things he would say, I like, obviously the kids are awake, there is a band in my living room.
Speaker 1: That's what he would say.
Speaker 2: So DJ now goes over to Raven and comments on the purple streaks and her hair, and Raven says, sure, DJ, I'll show you how to do it. It spray right on the doorbell rings. DJ answers it and it's the pizza guy again. She assures Jesse that eleven o'clock pizza is totally normal. The pizza guy then asks if he can check out the band, and DJ says, come in, open party.
Speaker 3: This is how every eighties movie party montage starts though, is like some pizza do some dude like, hey broke, can I check out the band? And then like then all of a sudden, it's party montage. Ah, and then they cut to you know, the parents coming home. So that, yeah, that was totally right on brand for like nineteen eighty seven. But like this pizza guys.
Speaker 1: In your house?
Speaker 2: Of course you do a ten year old, A ten year old says he can come Like this is giving shades of it's always open, like the Tanners are not concerned about how safety at all, like just anybody can come in at any time, right.
Speaker 3: For yeah, I mean for you know, a sort of quote unquote model family of stuff. They're really they're they're skating very dangerously close to public safety issues, you know, totally yeah, yeah, a ten year old just and a ten year old that bites you into a house and you're like, okay.
Speaker 2: Cool, Like this is not odd in full house Land, this is totally normal.
Speaker 1: Maybe that's something they did in San Francisco nineteen eighty seven.
Speaker 3: Maybe it was just it was a trend back then. I don't know, I mean it appeared in a lot of movies. I guess that was just the thing people did.
Speaker 1: What do I.
Speaker 2: So we cut to later in the night. DJ and Stuff are dancing on the speakers with the purple spray in their hair. Well, Uncle Jesse and the band are singing Little Sister by Elvis Presle. Your dance moves are so cute in this You're doing like I don't even know what these moves are called, but you are so cute. You and Candae both like are rocking out.
Speaker 1: At one point.
Speaker 3: I do notice that I tried to like do the snake, but like kids, like, the fluidity isn't always there, so I just was like, like just doing this.
Speaker 2: Weird movement like a broken neck movie.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, Like I got a little better with that as time went on, but I was I didn't care. I was so into it. I was like, I am on a speaker dancing to music. I was having the best time.
Speaker 2: I could tell I could.
Speaker 1: That was Yeah, that was who.
Speaker 3: I was at five, which I think really should have been a tipping point for a lot of people.
Speaker 2: But that was the first read fu.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was like, this is where I belong. It should have been like okay, but yeah, I loved that scene. It was so much fun.
Speaker 2: Oh, it looked fun.
Speaker 1: Pizza Guy and all you know, Pizza.
Speaker 2: Guy was there at a party, right. Well, then Joey walks in the door and yells conga and starts a conga line around.
Speaker 1: On playing Elvison's playing a conga? Does he care? No, No, conga's were also big in eighties.
Speaker 2: Pizza Guy and they start a conga?
Speaker 1: Was that a thing that people did, just congaing around?
Speaker 3: Well, you know what, Wait, Gloria Stefan, I take it all back, of course, come on, isay?
Speaker 1: Of course congre is worth thing. Never mind, there.
Speaker 2: Weren't nearly enough congo lines in Fuller House, like I love this.
Speaker 3: I think there was one, and I'm pretty sure I said that was too many, So I think I think, actually we're I think there was a congo line actually, and I was on crutches.
Speaker 2: Oh yes, I think you.
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was that was one too many for me. And this is where it started my hatred of congo lines.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it started young. I can see why Danny walks in the front door at this very moment he takes in the scene before him. The band stops the music. Joey leans into Jesse and says, boy, are you gonna get it, Danny Yills, how could you possibly let this happen? Joey makes excuses for himself, declaring that he is a conga holic. And I can see both Bob and Dave to break here, like they are so trying to crack each other up, and they're so trying to not laugh. It is ye wonderful to watch from this pre connective.
Speaker 3: It really is great, yeah, watching it, Like you can see when they're just they can't look each other in the eye. They can't you know what I mean, Like they just are ready to absolutely crack up.
Speaker 2: And that's a trick that I feel like you and I have perfected too, because we would easily get in those moves where I could not look great active. Look right, you're in the middle of my forehead, right, you're.
Speaker 3: The hairline on your forehead sometimes, which is equal.
Speaker 2: Distracting because then it feels like you're doing a scene with someone who's had a stroke because they're looking like they're looking well, no, it's just it looks like there's it's distracting because you're not making eye contact, because if we make eye contact, we're gonna laugh.
Speaker 3: Sorry for being funny, I'm sorry, sorry for making your life enjoyable.
Speaker 2: Abe, Hey, don't apologize for that.
Speaker 3: Back to Conga's. Okay, back to Conga's, back to the importance. Yeah and not that sounded totally inappropriate.
Speaker 2: DJ and Stephanie try to sneak out, but Danny tells them they are in just as much trouble. DJ tries to explain, but Jesse stops her and he takes the blame instead. We hear Michelle start crying at this moment, and everyone heads upstairs to Michelle's.
Speaker 3: Room because there's a baby in the house with a band with the band.
Speaker 1: The band in the house with a baby. What are you doing, sir? How did any what if the baby's been crying for an out? Nobody could hurt it.
Speaker 2: Nobody could hear her.
Speaker 1: Nobody nobody asked me no, but nobody could hear her, you.
Speaker 2: Know, like well and in later seasons, or you'd have to have like a baby monitor established just to prove that you're not like a terrible parent. But I don't remember seeing a baby monitor in this Uh it was the eighties.
Speaker 3: There was eight There was literally a commercial that asked do you know where your kids are?
Speaker 1: At ten pm?
Speaker 3: And a majority people were like, no, I just know they're not here bothering me. So I really think the whole thing was very The landscape parenting was very different. It's because apparently you having a band in your living room was totally fine with a baby.
Speaker 1: Well, I guess that's the thing is it wasn't.
Speaker 2: Right, So that's that's part of the joke.
Speaker 1: Still, baby, it's a baby and a band.
Speaker 2: So Michelle is crying in her room, we find out because she is teething, which Danny describes as imagine a sharp, pointy, calcified projectile ripping and knifing its way through your soft, tender gum tissue.
Speaker 3: Very projectile is the wrong word in that sentence, just I'd ask your opinion as an English major. But I projectile to me feels like something that is moving through space.
Speaker 2: But that's it would have to project Well maybe he meant it's like projecting through the gum. But yeah, it's I agree. It's not the best choice of words, but it's okay. It adds to them.
Speaker 1: I mean, the whole thing sounds terrifying, really and awful.
Speaker 2: Like her tooth is just coming out like that's it. It's not it's not.
Speaker 1: That she's already got like five teeth.
Speaker 2: She's been teething for a while. Right. Danny gives her a teething ring, which she immediately throws out of her crib. Jesse offers to help and sticks his finger in her mouth. Miraculously she stops crying.
Speaker 1: Gross again, unsanitary.
Speaker 3: You've just been playing a guitar, sir, with a band with people, and maybe eating pizza to me, eating things with a random pizza delivery man, and you're going to just take your finger and stick it in a baby's mouth?
Speaker 1: Again? Questionable?
Speaker 2: I had the same reaction. I didn't know if if I was just overcompensating because you know, in post COVID times here, I'm just like, oh, don't stick your finger in that person. Yeah, But like I mean, I guess.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I maybe you know again, where are your kids?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 3: With fingers? People were giving kids like car keys to chew on. Right that we're probably like dipped in lead paint. So you know what, I again have to remember to view it with a different lens.
Speaker 1: Right, right?
Speaker 2: How did we survive all of this? Danny takes this moment to scold Jesse about not being adult enough to take care of the kids. He says, well, your brain isn't working tonight, but your fingers doing great. He exits the room, leaving Jesse with his finger in Michelle's mouth as a human teething ring. We cut two DJ and Stephanie's room, where Stephanie says Uncle Jesse was the best babysitter ever, and DJ responds, yeah, but I think he's in big trouble. There's a knock on the door, and the girls turn off the lights and hustle into their beds and fake snore and fake being asleep.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, it was almost as good as my fate crying.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, And I love the lighting placement here, Like as soon as DJ turns off the lights, like suddenly there's like spotlights directly over your heads.
Speaker 3: Those are obviously skylights from the roof, which has an attic above it, which we don't see.
Speaker 1: But that's not neither.
Speaker 3: Here nor there, so all right, but it's beautifully placed and lit on the Yeah, it's a beautifully lip.
Speaker 2: Danny enters the room, The girls squint to their eyes and pretend they are just waking up. Stephanie says, is it morning, which is so precious Danny starts to talk to the girls about how irresponsible uncle Jesse is when he happens to look down and see the empty curtains of ice cream.
Speaker 3: Uh oh, the girls wait, but weren't the kids he walked in? We were like dancing on the speaker, right, Oh, yeah, Danny walked in. Yeah, he can't really only be mad at Jesse, Like you know what I mean. I'd be like, you know, I wouldn't be like Jesse's really irresponsible. I'd be like, you were very well dressed and your hair looks amazing, by the way, but you were dancing on a speaker.
Speaker 2: Well, but Jesse is the adult, like he was the adult left in charge. So ultimately I feel like the responsibility falls on him, although you know, DJ and Stephanie are easily just as at assault.
Speaker 1: I want that blaming anyone. I'm not blaming anyway.
Speaker 3: I'm just saying like, until he finds the ice cream, he's pretty quick to let these kids off the hook.
Speaker 2: Yes, he's definitely quick to give you guys the benefit of the doubt until he sees these empty ice cream curtains.
Speaker 1: Which we were terrible at getting rid of.
Speaker 3: Apparently we cleaned all of it up off the record player and then left it on the floor, left it sitting under the table.
Speaker 1: That was stupid. That was very dumb of us.
Speaker 2: You were more interested in jumping rope and doing the hand jive than cleaning clean.
Speaker 3: Well, we cleaned it all off of everything. The dripping is gone, but we didn't throw away the evidence. I mean, that's pretty typical, though. I've seen how my kids try and get rid of stuff.
Speaker 2: Rookie mistake.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're awful.
Speaker 2: DJ comes clean about everything and promises that they will apologize to Uncle Jesse. DJ asks are we going to be in t and Stephanie interrupts and says, but wait before you answer that. She goes over to the chest at the end of her bed and retrieves a stale piece of pizza and says, we saved you a piece of pizza.
Speaker 1: How's I mean, that's where I keep my pizza.
Speaker 2: That's a good piece offering and I think stale piece of pizza if.
Speaker 3: Someone, I mean, it's not that stay yeah what at most it's what two hours old?
Speaker 1: You know it's not that stale. It's probably still a little bit warm after being in that That.
Speaker 2: Fox easily edible for sure, still for sure, Yeah, totally. By the way, did you see this blow up weebl doll in the background?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I wrote it down.
Speaker 3: It's a weebled weebel wobbles, but it won't fall down.
Speaker 1: Do you remember those? Yes? Yeah, they were so fun. Just I remember I would punch the crap out of that thing, and.
Speaker 2: You know, a great stress reliever.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, But I didn't.
Speaker 2: I didn't see the weebel wobble in any of the previous episodes, so I think this is a new, a new appearance.
Speaker 3: It was like probably tucked in a corner or something, but it was very dominantly featured right in between. It was a three shot basically of DJ Steph and the weeble wobble in the background, really kind of pulling focus. I was a little upset, you know, I mean, Buddy does.
Speaker 2: Darn weebles upstaging you?
Speaker 1: Just really seriously.
Speaker 2: We cut to Michelle's room, where Jesse still has his finger in her mouth. He asks her the meaning of life.
Speaker 1: He washed his hands.
Speaker 2: Jesse says, you know what, it's bedtime, and he carries Michelle out of her room and into Jesse's bedroom. DJ and Steph walk in to offer their apologies to Uncle Jay and promise that they will try to do better. Stephanie says, you can cover up my bunnies if you want.
Speaker 1: Oh, Steph, No, no, Steph, don't let anyone cover up your bunnies.
Speaker 2: She feels bad. Jesse says, well, your bunnies are starting to grow on me. Steph says, we really love you, and Jesse replies, I love you too, but the next time you pull that stuff on me, I am still gonna love you. Oh. That's such a sweet moment. And there's a perfectly timed coup from Michelle that was genuine. I don't think she you know, she wasn't prompted to do that. She just cooed right at the.
Speaker 1: Didn't we know we had baby? We had remember the baby lady that made the baby noises?
Speaker 2: Yeah? But I think this was an organic coup.
Speaker 1: I think this was just like she was just.
Speaker 3: I want to make so many jokes about an organic coup right now, but I'm not going to.
Speaker 2: You, but practice your restraint, Jody.
Speaker 1: Farm to table, farm to table coup.
Speaker 2: Anyways, it's such a sweet.
Speaker 1: Moment from a genuine baby.
Speaker 2: This was such a great moment from Jesse, who is trying to been he's been trying to prove how like what a tough guy he is and he's not really like a kid person. But then he admits to the girls that he's got.
Speaker 3: A giant blow up flamingo and an inflatable saxophone. Okay, sir, sit down, you're not that much of anything.
Speaker 2: He's really he's really not. Okay, where are we? Oh? They all hug and we're right after the organic coup.
Speaker 1: Okay, right after the organic coop.
Speaker 2: Danny walks in, followed by Joey, who says, well, I couldn't find the teething ring, so I got the next best thing, an ice cold carrot finger.
Speaker 3: No, it's a little, it's just a finger that they've kept him all right, that this took a dark turn. Sorry, sorry, I was thinking of of the Big Lebowski.
Speaker 1: By three o'clock. It's a great and easy.
Speaker 2: But this is full house. They're using an ice cold carrot, full on carrot with like the green the green?
Speaker 1: Is it a carrot in your pocket with a with stalks and everything. It's like he just ripped it out of the ground.
Speaker 2: Yes, Like who buys a carrot like a bit of bugs bunny carrot. It is a full sized carrot. It's not like a baby carrot or anything.
Speaker 3: And it didn't even set up a bugs bunny joke, which I was surely thought.
Speaker 2: I thought so too, or an impression like I wonder if.
Speaker 1: That's what I mean.
Speaker 3: I thought for sure we were going there, and it didn't because they were short.
Speaker 2: On time they needed to cut some jokes. So but yeah, that was a that would have been a great setup.
Speaker 1: So they left the carrot in the pocket but got the joke.
Speaker 2: Danny apologizes to Jesse and gets emotional, saying how much the girls mean now, especially with Pam gone. Jesse mentions how he's only been there for twelve hours, That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Since they moved here there, How did where did all this stuff come from? Jesse rolled up on a motorcycle from Reno, Okay, which with the whole Cogan's and his sister in law all right, He rolled up on a motorcycle with a guitar in no case strapped to his back. And now all of a sudden he's got a case and a flamingo, and Joey's got a mannequin.
Speaker 1: Where did the mannequin come from? He walked in with the already laundry. Now we've got a planetary system in the alcove and matching.
Speaker 2: Sure, I'm just impressed with this. It'spended with which.
Speaker 3: They have again caused DJ's moving company. I'm telling you it is on time. They get in, they get out, they do the job quickly, quickly because DJ moved all of that out and back, and the guys moved their stuff in all in less than twelve hours, by the way, one of which they were spending changing a diaper, So really eleven hours they've they've been there eleven hours.
Speaker 2: They have packed a lot into these twelve hours, for sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm impressed.
Speaker 3: It's it's been a very busy day, as it's been a very There's been a band, there's been a movie. There's been a carrot, there's been a disappearing child. It's been a kid in a pot.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Like this, Yes, there's so much happening in this house. Danny explains that it's okay to say no and that kids need limits. Joey joins his conversation, saying, you know he was an only child, so he only had imaginary brothers and sisters. Feels great to be in a real house with real people. And then he turns to look behind him and says, isn't that right Leon, which I assume is the imaginary brother that he's referring to.
Speaker 1: Well, I know that I get the I'm not that well I was, but not about I thought he said Leeah?
Speaker 2: Is it Leah?
Speaker 1: Was Leon?
Speaker 2: Maybe it's Leah. I don't know.
Speaker 1: My hearing is terrible, so it could it could be Leon. Yeah, Leon Lee.
Speaker 2: With the show, tell us who is the imaginary Leon? Leah or Leon?
Speaker 1: It's Leah Tannery.
Speaker 3: No, it's who That's who I heard was Leah Tanner rotraddiction right, unless you've got a character procket.
Speaker 2: Okay, now we're getting sappy Joey Yell's KNGA and the guys do the Kong out of them and that is our episode.
Speaker 3: That's what you do, and the band's already gone. That was quick that I mean, I am. The speed at which the Tanner family moves is efficient.
Speaker 2: I will say that I would love to have this kind of efficiency in my life, where I just go into one room and I come out and the living room is completely cleaned up right, and.
Speaker 3: To be surrounded by completely inept people and still be that efficient.
Speaker 2: I mean, my god, it's definitely an alternate universe.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I love it.
Speaker 3: Like I love watching the show and seeing all of those things that like obviously you know or what like don't make sense or.
Speaker 1: Whatever, but like that you watch the show and that you're.
Speaker 3: So connected to these people and the story and what's going on, and also that you know, you know it's a sitcom, but like that you're so in it that of course you don't think about that stuff, you know what I mean, Like we think about it because we've seen it and we do it, and that's worth, you know, being silly about it. But like it was such a great establishing moment of like who everybody in the house was.
Speaker 1: In this episode, I noticed just.
Speaker 2: How much chemistry the cast has already. I mean, this is only episode two and you guys already have so much chemistry, especially between the three guys. It's it's incredible. I loved it.
Speaker 1: It's yeah, yeah, I really really did. You know.
Speaker 3: What I will say too, is that the one thing I noticed, and we see this in in a couple episodes.
Speaker 1: DJ was a little devious. She did not turn out that way.
Speaker 2: She was kind of a goodie wonder.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, but like I wonder if the.
Speaker 3: You know, if that if there she might have been, like maybe it would have been DJ in the bathroom smoking with GeOH, who knows, you know what I'm saying, alternate universe, just.
Speaker 1: Saying food for thought. But yeah, it's just funny.
Speaker 3: DJ seems to be the one that's like, hey, let's go do this, let's go get ice cream. Less she's the instigator, and later on I feel like Steph is the instigator.
Speaker 2: Swap rolls later on in the in the series. Yeah, well I love this. I love this type of bottle episode where it's just it's focused really on just the immediate family, Like there's not too many guest stars coming in and out. It's really just well, there's the pizza guy, there's the pizza guy, and there's the bands. But aside from that.
Speaker 3: And there's just a it's aside from the extra eight people that are in the living room for three scenes, I'd say there's not a lot of extra.
Speaker 2: People in it. Aside from that, it's just the six of you.
Speaker 1: Aside from that huge party scene.
Speaker 3: I'd say, there's really not a big change in how many people are in the house.
Speaker 2: Ah, the world is small, but the house is full. I say, Well, any other remaining thoughts about this episode or are you ready to wrap it up and move on?
Speaker 1: I you know, I think I have interrupted you enough.
Speaker 3: I have. I'm so sorry. That's that's gonna be the note that we get you.
Speaker 2: No, that's okay, because we're we're so close, we're friends, we talk over each other all the time. I'm not bumped by this at all, because this is just like.
Speaker 3: I'm so just like, look, this is actually her rein dad. This is how it you know, right, I'm being conscientious of it. But no, my brain, you know, your brain is like the layout of the whole thing, and mine is like, oh my god.
Speaker 1: Look at that stupid thing over so right exactly.
Speaker 3: So if I don't, you know, if I just I didn't mean to interrupt you a bunch, If I did do not what I mean, I didn't mean this. I'm not apologizing to you. I'm letting the listeners know. Okay, just deal with it. Okay, guys, this sounds going to be this is what we do.
Speaker 2: This is how we are well Tanner Ritos, don't forget to tell us. What do you want to know? What questions you have, what stories you want us to tell. Let us know on our social media at how Rude podcast or you can email us at how Rude podcast at gmail dot com. Until next time, yea't wait to hear from you, guys.
Speaker 1: And remember the world is small, but the house is full. J and Barber. It doesn't work like that barber.
Speaker 2: That's the one A