Speaker 1: Second date updated. We get a lot of requests for second dates on this show, and to pick which ones to do, we try to look at the emails for something that stands out, Yeah for sure, whether that's a cool date idea or a bad mistake that they know that they made that night those yea, or in today's case, somebody with a unique first name. That's it, which is why we'll be talking to a guy who signed his message car c a R. So, welca, is that your given name is a misspelling?
Speaker 2: No? Actually, I was born with the name car, but it has two RS.
Speaker 3: I was thinking it was going to be like short for Carson or something.
Speaker 1: Did you write it wrong in the email with only one R?
Speaker 2: No? No, No. When I got to my twenties, I just dropped the second R because I just thought it would be quicker and more professional.
Speaker 3: More professional. I mean, who would hire a car with two rs? I read that those people are jokes.
Speaker 1: They sound very professional right now? Yeah, okay, well we're going to call you by the short car name.
Speaker 3: I guess I wanted to do.
Speaker 1: To stick to what he wants. So tell us about the woman that you met. What's her name?
Speaker 2: Her name is Charlotte. You know I met her online?
Speaker 3: Charlotte.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, okay, how did you guys?
Speaker 3: Strike up a conversation?
Speaker 2: So we connected over the apps. She gave me her phone number and we were texting, and within the first couple of texts, she goes, Hey, no offense, but I do this with every guy to see you know how committed they are. But I'm going to block you, and I'm like, what are you talking about?
Speaker 3: You?
Speaker 2: She says, the only way to reach me after this is through my Venmo.
Speaker 3: No, why that's kind of smart.
Speaker 1: I mean that's a red flag to move on.
Speaker 3: So the only way you can reach her is if you benmo her like a buck and write in the comments of it.
Speaker 4: If she's only worth a dollar, Brook, you don't want that kind of lady.
Speaker 3: She's at least twenty dollars.
Speaker 2: I mean, she's really attractive. She was really cute. And I was like, whatever, okay, fine, you know I'll send her a dollar on venmo just to talk.
Speaker 4: Oh did you send a dollar? She may find that insulting. Friend.
Speaker 2: Well, when it was done, it cost me sixty two dollars to get to date.
Speaker 1: You said, sixty two one dollar messages why.
Speaker 2: All right, So I venmoed her a dollar with a message that said, hey, it's car and you know that allowed me to reach her. Right, So fast forward sixty one Venmo messages later.
Speaker 3: Which one was your self esteem? That went with it? You know?
Speaker 2: I mean whatever, it's just fun dude. I thought it was funny. It's a bold movie. And yeah, you got to give her credit to work the system whatever.
Speaker 1: You know, I don't have to cut this second date update short. The only way to reach us now is through Venmo.
Speaker 3: Well it's cute when she does it, but it's not cute when we do it, hucky.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, because I'm flirting with her, this is going somewhere I'm not going.
Speaker 5: Is she commenting on any of these venmo payments or you just keep going one after another?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I know that's that's how we continue to talk.
Speaker 1: Okay, so did you actually turn this into a real date or are we doing this all through Venmo messages?
Speaker 2: Obviously? So she agrees to date. So we went to like this college volleyball game. Finally, the game was cheap. You know, I didn't have enough I didn't have enough money for a nice dinner after that?
Speaker 3: Right, was she okay, with just a cheap date.
Speaker 2: I mean it seemed like it's mean, it was pretty fine. We got to talk about her live, you know, after the game, we stopped by like a Costco food court to get some hot dog or whatever.
Speaker 3: This is her jam, food core, I.
Speaker 1: Mean, Costco food is everybody's jam, I know.
Speaker 3: But like she's reading as a woman who wants money, like she wants a rich guy. That's why the Venmo is there.
Speaker 2: I don't really fix so because you have to imagine every guy that takes this girl out is going to take her out to somewhere expensive or whatever. So I just figured i'd be different, I'd be the opposite of that.
Speaker 1: By but you're on the phone with us, car, Yeah, I mean, how did that date end or what's happened since then?
Speaker 2: Well, on the date, she said, this is definitely different than the type of date that she normally goes on. I thought it was a good thing, Okay.
Speaker 3: The way she delivered it was like this is different, like in a positive tone.
Speaker 2: I mean that's how I took it.
Speaker 6: Okay, Okay, anyway, but clearly now she's not responding anymore, not even to my Venmo messages, and I sent her like ten bucks on the last one, the dollar amount.
Speaker 3: Now, can you see her history? Can you see how many other.
Speaker 5: Men are private?
Speaker 2: No? It said I'm private.
Speaker 3: God, I want to follow her Venmo so bad. I wish you could do that, Brooks.
Speaker 1: I wonder if she'll even answer the phone when we try and call her here, because she seems really picky about who she talks to.
Speaker 4: We have no money either, So why do you want to why?
Speaker 3: Why? Why do you want to see her again? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, she's one of the the answer to every y question for a dude.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we're so dumb.
Speaker 3: I think that there's some depth in some men, Jeffrey every once in a while.
Speaker 1: Anyway, we're gonna try and get Charlene a call here. Luckily we're not blocked.
Speaker 4: Yet if we want to get blocked. I'm really good at this.
Speaker 3: I glad.
Speaker 1: I'm sure by the end of the call we will be. But let's come back. We'll try and get you a second date update with her right after this. Just hold on. Second date update today is a new one for second date is for us because our listener car formerly spelled with two rs. Now it's just one R.
Speaker 3: That part doesn't really matter on the radio, the difference.
Speaker 1: It does matter for professional reasons. It's much more professional with just one off. But he matched with a woman named Charlynne on a dating app, and once he got her number, she said, so, I do this with every guy, but I'm blocking you in the only way to reach me now is through Venmo. Okay, And it worked.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what you get? Car gave her like sixty three bucks before they went on their first.
Speaker 1: Date something like that. Initially I said red flag, but now that I think more about it, maybe this is actually a huge green flag.
Speaker 3: Oh, because she's such an entrepreneur.
Speaker 1: Yeah, most guys don't want to date gold diggers. She clearly doesn't need any of his money because she's already got so much coming in from me. And she was very upfront, untilar with her communication about it, saying I do this to every guy. So Car did this out of his own free will.
Speaker 4: Actually she is pretty open and honest.
Speaker 2: Brook.
Speaker 1: You seemed amused by this girl's strategy.
Speaker 3: It just baffles me that men are okay with this, Like all of you are like, Oh, she's hot, that makes sense.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the bar is very low for us.
Speaker 3: What happens so logic.
Speaker 1: Alexis, what do you what do you think about her strategy?
Speaker 5: Oh? No, it works. I'm just confused why he's wondering why she's not calling him back.
Speaker 3: I mean it's obvious, right, Yeah, what's obvious? Don't care?
Speaker 1: Women don't want money out of guys. That's not a thing.
Speaker 3: He got the sixty three bucks? Why even go on a date with them? Do you mean? Why waste your time?
Speaker 1: Do you have any ideas on that car? And he guesses of what she might say here.
Speaker 2: I'm looking forward to connecting and seeing what happens, but I really have no idea.
Speaker 1: The real question, though, is can a good relationship happened when it starts from venmo payments? But can you build something serious out of that?
Speaker 3: I don't think unless it's a business venture.
Speaker 1: I'm going to go no, We're going to try and hopefully prove that wrong and get her to agree to ye. Sorry, sorry, I just remember that's the goal here, for true love to spark.
Speaker 4: At least we know if they ever proposed, you could just send her the dollar request with a little wedding ring on it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, we gotta call this We call this girl. I'm going to dial her number right now, hopefully she answers here we go. Hello, Hi, we're looking to speak with Charlyne.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I'm just shocked that she answered the phone, honestly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're all kind of surprised that you answered because we're a radio show called Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 3: Okay, Hi, Charlotte, how are you hi?
Speaker 1: Sorry, you were a radio show called Brook and Jeffrey and we're doing something called a second Date update, trying to help out one of our listeners that you went on a date with recently named Carr.
Speaker 7: Oh god, oh yeah.
Speaker 4: You're either really religious or you're really fed up with him.
Speaker 1: Clearly remember him. We just sorry, We need to ask you, even before why you're not calling him back. We want to ask you about the Venmo thing.
Speaker 7: Oh my god, he told you about that, Yes, of course.
Speaker 3: He told us. He said he spent sixty three dollars just trying to get a date.
Speaker 7: I mean, it's just like I told him, it's like a commitment thing because I have a lot of guys reach out to me and I only want the ones who are serious. And then Mo is like the first hurdle.
Speaker 3: Then is the first hurdle? Seriously, as a guy is a thousand bucks, I doesn't mean he's serious about.
Speaker 5: You don't just see more desperate if they're willing to spend more.
Speaker 7: No, it's not about the money. It's just about like the inconvenience of just not being able to like message on an app. You can message anybody on an app.
Speaker 1: Okay, you're trying to see how much effort they're willing to put in just to get on a date with you.
Speaker 7: Right, it's about the effort, it's not about the money.
Speaker 3: Why did you wait to sixty three dollars to answer them?
Speaker 5: Yeah? Why didn't you send the money back?
Speaker 3: I mean no judgment if it's about the money, But it seems like you just need to lean into that part.
Speaker 1: The women are calling you gold diggers, so you can't pick up.
Speaker 5: I'm not against it, but just own it.
Speaker 7: Let me tell you about the date that we went on, and you will realize that I'm not a gold digger.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, you did tell us a little bit about it with the volleyball game and the Costco.
Speaker 7: Okay, so told you that, Yeah, it was fun, it was funny. I must say that Costco Pizza was way better than I expected.
Speaker 1: Wow, I.
Speaker 4: Apologize.
Speaker 3: I had her pegged as a hot dog girl too. That is a shocking move in there.
Speaker 4: I thought you were a chicken.
Speaker 1: Big lady, You yourself are saying that you had a better time than you thought, the food was better than you thought. Carson really nice, then why aren't you calling him back?
Speaker 7: Well? I have a thing about etiquette and treating people around me better than I treat myself, and I I was just there was something that happened on the date that I just was not okay with. It really rubbed me.
Speaker 3: The wrong way. That's interesting etiquette. Yeah, so you think it would be important for him to know what it is so he can change his behavior.
Speaker 7: Uh, yeah, I don't know. Just the we were at the Costco food court ordering our food and there was the opportunity to tip, and he just didn't even like wait their server.
Speaker 5: There, no, you order, you can order on your own. You don't work with a person.
Speaker 4: I don't have a membership, guys, I'm sorry, I.
Speaker 5: Exposed to screen. You don't even work with a person.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's like a there's like an area of screen. It's kind of like a self checkout.
Speaker 7: Yes, yeah, but people you know, get your pizza from the counter and there's a person there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean they kind of just like throw it on the counter and then turn around. But yeah, it's like we're at.
Speaker 4: A sports stadium and they're like prepping it exactly.
Speaker 3: Like there's not much eye contactor.
Speaker 1: Down cell the Costco workers and all the hard.
Speaker 3: Work that they don't restaurant, I know what it's like. It's like a fast food counter. I mean it's the same.
Speaker 1: Thing the condemned burger restaurant doesn't hold a candle, so the food court.
Speaker 3: I know that that strongo the cook was amazing.
Speaker 1: We're getting sidetracked here, So you found it rude that he didn't offer a tip to the person that gave you your pizza.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I think that you should try to slip up five to any service worker. I just feel like it's the right thing to do, and it clearly didn't cross his mine.
Speaker 3: I've never seen anyone tip.
Speaker 1: In Costco, well, not at the rich Costco where you shop up s latest Costco only. But okay, so that was it, that was like the deal breaker for you.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean I went back, I said I was gonna go get more napkins, and I went back and gave the woman a five dollars bill.
Speaker 3: Nice of you.
Speaker 5: I mean technically it's his money. You used to tipper.
Speaker 1: Yeah, in a way he did tip.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you just made him.
Speaker 1: There's clearly two sides of this story. We have Charlotte's now we need to get cars because I need to let you know, Charlotte, he's been on the other line listening to this the entire time.
Speaker 7: Are you sure?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's how these work.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, Oh no, Yeah, wants to hear it if it's something that's important.
Speaker 7: To you, Okay, I mean, hi, car.
Speaker 2: This is actually kind of a joke, right because I always tip on every chick if there's a waiter. But this tipping culture is out of control. Like, who's going to ask me for a tip? Next my landlord for my rent? Like what are we doing?
Speaker 1: That actually is a really good idea.
Speaker 7: I feel some animosity for me right now and.
Speaker 2: That yeah, you know what, I feel like you have a guilt complex because you're taking money from men and you don't.
Speaker 3: Like, Wow, this is getting deep.
Speaker 2: That's why you're triggered by it a car?
Speaker 1: You know, we're trying to help.
Speaker 2: You here to get another Do need help. I'm good, I've heard enough. I'm good.
Speaker 3: What does this make? You're so angry?
Speaker 1: They sounds very triggered by it.
Speaker 2: Because this is a joke. This is a joke, Like she's actually a joke.
Speaker 7: What are you talking about? Why am I getting this strong?
Speaker 2: Everyone? I'm out?
Speaker 1: No? No, okay, Well, we don't want it to get hostile on the phone. We're just trying to set up another date for the two of you.
Speaker 7: That's gonna happen.
Speaker 3: Well, maybe somewhere where there's no tip needed.
Speaker 1: It's like a Costco food court perhaps.
Speaker 3: I mean, I'm kind of like sticking up for him, but.
Speaker 1: That was I know, you came in really really harsh there.
Speaker 3: But here's the thing, nobody's gonna hear your point when you just come in yelling like. There's no way that she's ever going to see your side that way.
Speaker 1: Man, brug I don't even think he's on the phone. Are you still there? Car?
Speaker 3: I was wanting a tip from him.
Speaker 1: Okay, no, he's gone none.
Speaker 2: But we.
Speaker 1: Just provided the service for him. He says, if you provide a service, then he'll give you a tip. But he dined and dashed on our show. Yay, what the heck, Charlotte, you're you're still there, right, Oh.
Speaker 7: Charlotte, Yeah, I'm just kind of amazed at how much energy hostility.
Speaker 1: Sorry, I didn't think I was going to have your back by the end of this, So I love you a bullet. You're pro tipping though, right, Charlotte. You give us tip on this phone.
Speaker 3: It's free, so if you do zero times thirty, it's still.
Speaker 1: We can count on you, right, Yeah, I don't trust Brooks math on that. I think it's one hundred dollars. Jeffrey in the morning. Yikes. Man, I'm still trying to figure that whole situation.
Speaker 3: Out because he got so mad.
Speaker 1: He seems so offended about how tipping is getting out of control these days. Although he was basically tipping her on Venmo in order to.
Speaker 4: Get a date, that was irony there.
Speaker 1: I'm like, sir, when you're tipping a woman just for conversation, you're the one who's making tipping out of control, not the worm.
Speaker 4: But he would argue, let me be him, Well, she's offering a service. I'm getting a reward every time.
Speaker 3: I don't know, I can't even hear that. I mean, the thing, the anger part was so bizarre to me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was like he was ready to snap.
Speaker 1: He came on hot, So I'm glad that car peeled out on that one. Honestly, I try to stand up for the listeners as much as possible on these segments, even when I look like an idiot for it. He would make it really, really difficult to defend him.
Speaker 3: Oh God, but I love you looking like an idiot. So maybe I'm sad that he's.
Speaker 1: Hang when you did card. But if you want to get a little bit of help with your dating life, you can always email the show. We'll call that person who's not calling you back.
Speaker 3: Yeah, go free for free.
Speaker 1: You don't charge anything. How dumb are we?
Speaker 4: Would you take them?
Speaker 1: Yeah, if you're willing to. But you can also check out our second date updates on your podcast wherever you get yours at Burke and Jeffrey