Speaker 1: It like. I think he was trying to clean up Snoop as much as possible, but it might be it ain't coming out in the rents. Does Snoop need to be cleaned up? I mean, I think Drake, I think Dray would prefer it. You know what I'm saying. I think by there they're trying to clean it up.
Speaker 2: This is what I feel about Snoop. I feel that Snoop is the Coca Cola of hip hop. He's the biggest brand in hip hop, the most recognizable brand. Snoop is proving time and time again that Snoop Doggie dog can do whatever the hell he wanted to do. I think we just need to look Snoop Doggie dog keep kicking that good old fashioned gangster shit dog. And that's what it cause that's what his brand was built on. Dog. Snoop can do whatever he wanted to do dog, That's what got him to the Olympics. I got but I got it.
Speaker 3: But I see what Dred is trying to do.
Speaker 1: I mean, obviously I like my Snoop dogg the way I like my Snoop dog even produced by Doctor Dre. So I have my preference on what I would you know, like, but again taking the offering, that's probably about a good six seven songs that I enjoy. I'm saying it's different. What's crazy is to watch him do so much with sonics.
Speaker 4: You know, we know he's we know he's a scientist when it comes to that, we know he's scientists. But music is supposed to be I mean, well, according to Q, you know this, this is what the fans wanted. So according to this record sales and all of that, is that what the fans wanted?
Speaker 3: We maybe, I mean, what was he supposed to sell?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I'm asking you. I don't even keep up with that.
Speaker 1: Forty thousand is not bad. I think they was trying to sell liquor anyway, personally, but I.
Speaker 3: Don't know, like it.
Speaker 2: It's tough.
Speaker 1: I think their journey is a lot different. Q, specifically, listening to his his the production was a lot different.
Speaker 3: It's weird to see them not then what then his standard?
Speaker 2: Was it better or worse?
Speaker 3: It's different?
Speaker 2: That's that politically correct.
Speaker 1: It's not because it's not politically it's not like it's underproduced, you know what I'm saying. It ain't like it's whack like I don't like the person who's making the music is not it's just different for what I'm used to.
Speaker 2: Hear for you know what the thing he is with that album? Man, Yeah, I don't think the music would necessarily bad. Camera just don't fit. It just wasn't stupid, That's what I think. I think that's called bad. That's called bad. That's called a this much something sounds bad and it was not good track to give somebody else bro that was in that been big.
Speaker 4: Okay, well let me let me say that because I'm not politically correct and I already know whatever it is whatever with with me and Cube and whatever.
Speaker 2: I don't but I don't want to go on record.
Speaker 1: This ain't my political This ain't I could do way better if he's being politically correct.
Speaker 4: No, but what I'm saying here, I'm saying Cube from what I heard, like Ski, I know he a hit maker. Like so, Cube's beats is up to par his raps is whack. So his his raps make the beat whack.
Speaker 3: To me, And you know it's funny.
Speaker 4: I think it's the other I think it's the other way. I think it's the other way with Snoop and dra record. I think that Snoop Snoop Raps is better than the beats.
Speaker 3: They're different than the beats. Well you know what I got you.
Speaker 1: You know what I call Snoop and Dra record a fried chicken salad with balsamic vinegar rette dresses.
Speaker 2: That's not bad.
Speaker 1: You look up like if you think of like Doggystyle as a plate of soul tacos, I call them soul. You know Nigga taco soul tacos where you Friday shell You know that that that that you remember them hardy tacos when he was younger. First time black people start frying them shells brown bead. You know, that's what you used to do. And the same thing with the soul anch a lot is how black folk make it versus this where Dre has really cleaned up his act musically, you know what I mean. And hip hop is supposed to have a dirtiness to it in my belief, but I mean to.
Speaker 2: Our Phil the gene but you was such deadly MC. And that's before we go to before we go a cube, Let's focus on Snoop and Dra.
Speaker 1: Let's do that first. Let me get that out so again, it's like I think that Dre has cleaned up his act so he's more of a musician now, like he could play the piano. Now it's more musical stuff. So again he's trying to evolve into this space. So I mean, I don't again, I don't think it's bad. I don't think it's going to.
Speaker 2: Go exercise all that on, to go do your yo stadium tour fantasies on. You know, he's making music that he what's next, He gonna play the piano and the come and see him something maybe.
Speaker 1: I mean, he was playing the piano at the super Bowl, so it's like moment, yeah, but that's the moment where he's at. So Snoop and Dre, that's where they're at. Cube thing is different. Like I've had this conversation about Cube a couple of times. The first version I remember of Q being like nine and ten years old, excuse me, even n w A. It was like the standard quintessential sy right where he was writing everything powerful, you know, inspired by everything powerful, and everything was more about powerful lines.
Speaker 3: But I've always said this, I thought the birth of Snoop.
Speaker 1: Dogg, I thought the arrival of Tupac, I thought Warren g different things put him in a bind to where he needed to become a better songwriter, write a better record maker versus the you know, the obviously about becoming the better record hold on, hold up still versus being straight out of Compton, versus being America's most killing will dethsertivy kid predator in Lethal.
Speaker 3: I think he became a better record writer. So it's not a.
Speaker 1: Compromise of lyrics still, Like you always say that, like you think MCing is some pinnacle thing in hip hop, that's just not what was the beginning of it. It was about records. It was about making people enjoy the party. I think again, the second generation of him seeing is where you keep talking talking about, where it became more about hey, you know what, let me just say something prolific and be this prolific poet. But before that, when Sylvia Robinson was making the music and Larry Smith was making the music and Too Short was making the music, and they were making really great records. So it's not like one or the other. It's more hip hop. I think as far as far as Cub I feel like as a record writer, I think he started to develop more into a record writer. You know, I mean where things started being more catchy, and I think it never went back to the m singing part. And as he stayed that, he stayed in this pocket of record writing and again it becomes a flow thing.
Speaker 3: So I can understand, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Cube, to me, don't have no flows left.
Speaker 4: He used to be real aggressive, the same with h shouts out MC eight like you know m c A.
Speaker 2: You know, kind of fell into a slow flow, you know, kind of pocket.
Speaker 4: When when when he first was coming out like he he had unlimited bars, it was unpredictable about what his flow, what he was going to say. He has so much hood lingo and so much shit to get off his chest that it just was like damn, like you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: And that's how Cube used to be.
Speaker 4: But to me, now Q is this flow is gimmicky, is just slow, it's just whack like, it's just it's not inspired, it's not energetic, it's not electric like you know what I'm saying. It's controversial because he was really all of that. Because he was controversial. He was saying shit that get him in trouble.
Speaker 1: Sure, I agree, but that that's the that's the outrageousness that formed gangster rapp and made it the genre that it is.
Speaker 3: They market the outrageousness.
Speaker 2: You know, we was talking about lyrics and we read some lyrics on from Qu's album.
Speaker 1: Right still, I'm about to ban you from LILYCS.
Speaker 2: Hold on, this is another one on this.
Speaker 3: I do want to hear.
Speaker 2: You on my show. Up when I'm on your show, I do this.
Speaker 4: Big gunn got nothing to do with the show about acting like my lyrics.
Speaker 2: That's mean for me to come. I didn't ask for you to come.
Speaker 1: I don't want to talk about a.
Speaker 2: No lyricism and all that.
Speaker 1: She'd hop ship you to.
Speaker 2: Do the same thing. Come on and just this happiness show out. Bring the pastor grits, a bag of bits, I got a bag of tricks. Looks like you got hit with a bag of dicks. This right here is the master mix the plugs and crips. So don't resist. Smack your ass like will did Chris give a demonstration in front of the nation.
Speaker 1: I don't know you said that like that's whack. No, I think the pocket is standard. I don't think it's whack. You act like people lyrics? Yeah, but you, but you, but but again, the lyrics are not bad. He's not saying nothing bad.
Speaker 2: Is the is the delivery. It's the flow that's whack.
Speaker 1: I keep telling still this we we've been having his argument, right.
Speaker 3: He was giving me his critigue on Red Man's album.
Speaker 1: I keep telling him. The things about rap is it's not about the writer. The writer has always been overrated in the grand scheme of things. That's why some of the biggest artists in the world don't write down the stuff. I keep telling still that. I'm like, the flow is most of hip hop, you know. I mean, the flow is really the cornerstone of hip hop.
Speaker 2: But but they're not married.
Speaker 1: That's why somebody like Dog could freestyle his way into a career. He's freestyle his weigh into That's why people uted a freestyted to us what might be? Because I swear he's the league's going. You also used to add ourtat. We also used to add a fool snickings too. Don't forget them. Oh you're gonna steal them, sticky bump stiky bump bump. But it's the flow, bro, This is what this is about.
Speaker 2: Again.
Speaker 3: It's great.
Speaker 2: Look, lyrics are about writers. That's dope.
Speaker 1: No, not knocking, especially if you could put it into a great record. But it's still a record game, you know what I mean at this level. So I'm not saying we shouldn't give kudos to writers, but I'm saying you also got to understand the flow is the key. So I think the critigue of Q would be the flow. I think his flow like I think Camp. That's a fair assessment, Camp saying it is not necessarily inspired, but it's also maybe he needs to get around some people that inspired.
Speaker 2: Yep, it could be not inspired.
Speaker 1: It could be Again, this is a man that's been doing this, I don't know, forty years.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: I mean to me, he's always been a product of what he was inspired by, whether it's him and Easy E together, he's writing for that, and he's writing for this attitude, and he's inspired by everything that's going on at that time. And then Chuck Deed becomes his inspiration, and he goes to the bomb squad and he kind of gives his own tradition. Then Can comes around and now you know they're putting him through the through the through the brother treatment, you know, the Nation of Islam treatment. He was inspired, saying with Mac Tin, he became inspired by different things. You know, he's been a successful artist since he was a kid, so therefore he's only aspired by the things he's around. So if he's not around anybody, it's pretty much gonna sound like somebody who's been making films for thirty years, forty years, no making an album. So I think if if I mean, obviously, if he was around glasses, look like I'm gonna take him on the boulevard.
Speaker 3: We're gonna he gonna be popping it.
Speaker 2: Well, from what I hear with Cube Man, Cube has always been a dude that was a concept dude. Anyway, when he live golf, he was inspired by other people. So he, like you said, he maybe who he just hanging out with. Now, if you hanging up with Jimmy Kimmel in them all day, that's what you gonna get. I don't think. I think.
Speaker 1: I think now he's just kind of his own thing, and it's like that's a limitation, you know what I mean. Culturally he becomes just his own representation. When I always tell you this culture is the is the is the is the burden of we, not the burden of meat. So it depends on if his WE is correct, if his WI is right. So I think I think Cuba is capable because I think he desires to still be dope, but he also needs to be inspired by the movement of WE. If he not inspired by the movement of WE, then it's just him by itself. And you know you could be So.
Speaker 2: Would you say that probably him limiting his access to come around certain people is probably like hindrance to him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, one hundred and seventeen percent. Bro, It's no way you could represent WE if you don't have a post on WE. Hip hop is weak, you know what I mean? Hip hop artists are elected delegates of of of communities. There are more communities, Twitter communities and SoundCloud communities, but there's still communities. You're the electric delegate of WE, you feel me. So he just needs to probably be more about WE and figuring out what's up with WE and what do we care about? But Cuba is also in the weird place where he got money, you know what I mean, He's he's been having money for a long time. He's fighting different battles, it's different things. So WE is not as prominent, like I think very much he your brother, but hip hop is street urbst so it is the fight of the streets street ship, and I don't think that he's rapping.
Speaker 2: He's not rapping up. He's not rapping up about the enemies.
Speaker 4: That whatever enemies he dealing with is not street ship, and we can't relate to it, you know what I'm saying. It's like even and on another note with with with Snoop, he was talking about Snoop, you know, missionary album and Dre. To me, I was telling Steve, it seemed like Snoop was that whole album. He was too busy trying to impress Dre. He was trying to make he was trying to get Dre's approval on on.
Speaker 2: His on his flows or whatever. Like that's the energy. I got it.
Speaker 4: He wasn't saying that necessarily with his lyrics, but I could tell, like it didn't seem like he was having fun, and it seemed like that was really maybe Dre had him doing doing a thousand taps.
Speaker 3: For sure, draper, for sure, Dre produced act.
Speaker 1: That's the one thing like this wasn't a Melon's I could tell just listening to the record and even getting the energy when I heard Snoop talking about the record.
Speaker 2: To me, I didn't.
Speaker 1: Get oh, you know what, I went in and we made a record. I got doctor Dre produced my record like I felt like a brand new artist. Like we pretty much agreed on the pockets, the flows, the ideas.
Speaker 3: They came to a conclusion.
Speaker 1: It wasn't like, you know this this first ballot Hall of Fame. It really got to say something to this coast. The coach said, Nah, this is how I wanted to play. I don't care about how you want to play the game. I don't think that was important for him. It was like, this is, hey, I want you to play in the post. I don't care if you good at shooting threes. I want you to be in a post you feel me. So it is Dre's baby to produce. So it's like, you know what I mean, And Dreke's in a place where, to me, his music is really more musical.
Speaker 3: Than necessarily like thing.
Speaker 1: Then we could say culture like it's not the making something out of nothing that hip hop used to be or eating brave used you know what I mean. Now, it's like the world is at my dispense, Like they told a story that made me laugh because it's kind of the antisis of hip hop, right, It's like the opposite of it where they was working on a song and that was like, yeah, you know what, I like this last dance. It was like a Wei sung And they were saying like how they were able to call Tom Petty and Tom Petty sent him all the sessions.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying, Like that is crazy.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying, like, yeah, I want to flip this Tom Petty song and somebody, let's get Tom on the phone and Tom send you all the parts. Your talk is more about like taking the vinyl and making the most Tom Petty sending you the pro Tools session. That means somebody took that shit from real and put it on Pro Tools. You know again, hip hop is soul food. It's hard to make it healthy. It's not it's not supposed to.
Speaker 3: Being any healthy.
Speaker 1: You know, you're not supposed to, you know, cook spinach the way you cook greens. So again, we just have to accept the fact that this is not the sole food dish that we was looking for and also realize the chefs that we come to love ain't cooking for just us. No more should they be. That's a whole different debate. We're definitely not just cooking for us anymore.
Speaker 2: That's that's my whole point.
Speaker 4: My whole point is is that it seemed like I said, it seemed like Snoop was rapping for Dre, and it seemed like he was rapping for for Dre's resources or for his You know, if if Dre is a billionaire, I'm trying to get the billionaire status. So I'm not really concerned about what the fans think. I want to I want to make I want to please Dre. So Drake can turn me onto this is just my personal opinion, speculation, whatever, So Drake can turn me onto his billionaire plug so I can get to that billionaire boys club.
Speaker 2: That's that's what it seemed like to me. I don't want to cut you all. Love talked about the missionary last secons, so and I don't want to keep boring.
Speaker 3: We could keep talking.
Speaker 2: It's the West. We know all you talking about talking all that he about the way he's calling on here for some specific remember what year was that when we started doing your shit over at Department two thousand and sixteen sixty man, we'll been podcasting ten, probably a year before that, fifty twenty fifteen.
Speaker 1: Probably fifteen sixteen, because I think the first one we did was at the k SWOSO sixteen in mack Been fifteen.
Speaker 2: Weill been doing this shit for almost ten years though. I was just gonna think about that and I trip out. Man when I thought about it, I said, damn, this is the last episode of twenty twenty four. And it was crazy. Man, It's just crazy how fast time goes. And that's what I was thinking twenty sixteen, twenty fifteen, but I wasn't sure. Damn, man, man, we're best.
Speaker 1: Less the word.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't never imagine cam doing this ship dog that. It was kind of coming this far dog.
Speaker 3: Back Commissionary.
Speaker 2: So see Teezy for prout like an hour already. Know, so it's bro, you know what I want?
Speaker 1: You know what since his twenty twenty four and you make a great point in it. This is the last episode against the rare chronicles for this for the year. I really want to give a kudos to the ll cool j Q tip record.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's why I told cam El was busting on that.
Speaker 1: To me, it's not just about busting And I can't get still to understand it.
Speaker 2: It's fully got with, but still is a ny seed.
Speaker 3: Bro Still is such MC that he really think he mattered.
Speaker 1: If Still could get it off Cam, he wouldn't even have.
Speaker 3: Beats on the motherfuck it be just him.
Speaker 1: He'd just be kicking raps this ship with no beats music. That means Q Tip had to do an incredible job to make it work. Like it's a great project again, I think, like I said, it just making the album. We've been spoiled for years, you know what I mean. Everything don't gotta work out. Everything don't gotta be something everybody likes, like even Stoop and dra like they've spent their whole career. Yo, seven out of ten things, everybody like eight out of ten things, everybody like. Well, sometimes everybody ain't gonna like.
Speaker 3: It, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: So I hope, God willing, they don't just stop doing it and they go back in the studio. I don't want Q to stop rapping. I want Q to get inspired, get with a producer and go get to it. I want Stoop and Dray to double back. I want them to say, Okay, let's look at what we liked about. How people responded if that matters to them, Hey, how do people respond?
Speaker 2: What do they like?
Speaker 1: What's working, what's not working? And double back again, just like them Legends and rocking road to it. I think that's the task that they're on, and they on a challenging task, you know what I mean? To take hip hop, take something like hip hop into pop spaces in a pop level like Aerosmith had to do. Right, it's a different challenge. You'd be uniquely the first person. And for Q, it's just about getting inspired. To me again, he's a He's a prolific writer. The nigga could write his ass off. But now you need to get back to what's going to inspire you to be that that nigga that America loved to.
Speaker 4: Hate, and it was it was what he wrote about. He already gifted, but he had the nuts, He had the testicles to write about certain things, even shit that I don't agree with, even the West Side Connection shit that came after the Death Certificate album when he was conscious, but West Side Connection album was fired.
Speaker 2: That shit was banged.
Speaker 3: The shout out to shout out to butter, shout out to him on a production.
Speaker 2: But again, like he was inspired by.
Speaker 1: The West kind of coming into its own fully, you know what I mean, being not credited correctly by by the New York.
Speaker 3: The movement of the West was happening, so I think it's up to him to get inspired.
Speaker 2: But well, you we don't understand though he keeps some I don't heard Drake say a couple of times that he scrapped Detox because it wasn't good. It wasn't good enough.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but that's cool, but.
Speaker 2: It might have been good because I heard that the single with Acon, how did that do? How did that fear? Commercially maybed okay, But if Drayce said it wasn't good enough, I believe that shit was hard. Though I liked that. I liked that record. Ye they kind to me that sounded like the shit he was supposed to be doing.
Speaker 4: Said it wasn't good enough. I just know for me like rap, because I don't really even do hip hop. I don't really claim I don't. You know, hip hop is a term that was you know, created, I rap, I rap.
Speaker 2: I love rap. You know, if that's a part of hip hop, been great, but uh, you cam gets to be hip hop is the iggity, biggoity. Oh yeah, I don't know, man, I don't know the lyrical miracle. That's not improbably curious. It's diffic but well wrap, well, rap is a chore.
Speaker 4: If rap seems like it's a job, and I gotta do a thousand takes in the studio and I got to impress another dude instead of impressing me and how I feel, then it ain't worth doing no more. Like, I don't care how much props or money or fame or whatever. Like, I gotta do my own record. I gotta do my own stuff. And nobody tell me.
Speaker 2: Shit over you you wouldn't do it, huh if you was doing if you was in there right doing some work with Drake, and y'all gonna do it five takes already in drell. No, I'm not doing more than that. Hey, man, I need you to do one more. Nah, I ain't doing that.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna say, okay, out of the out of the five, i'may, I'm gonna say, save it, don't don't eraise none of my ship, save them five takes. And out of them five takes, because I wrote it, I live. Did I know what this shits supposed to sound like?
Speaker 2: To me? It's not supposed to sound like you wanted to sound.
Speaker 4: You know, if I'm too close to the mic and I'm spitting something back up, but it's some ship like you can't tell me how to deliver my life.
Speaker 1: He's in. It just depends on what the task is. Right, If somebody's producing you right, then they're using so you. They're taking your lyrical experience right and your story, but then they're trying to mess it with sound. It depends on like if Pool, Like if Pool gets you in there and you say, man, it's ten times and he trying to perfect your voice as a sound, not as the way as.
Speaker 2: Again an instruments.
Speaker 3: And I think that's what Dre is doing.
Speaker 1: Obviously, when I recorded with him or when he records with somebody else, I could tell he's looking for a sonic. He's looking for somewhere that he feels like it is going to compliment the music. And that's why he you know, he's one of the best. That's why he's the greatest to do it because he figured that out. But like I, you know what's funny, Big Bro. Really feel like I appreciate Snoop still being able to learn at this level. Now the motivation to learn could be like you said, he turning me on a billion dollar plug. Obviously I would imagine that could be true. But I also think there's something inside the dog. It's one of the things that make him the greatest hip hop artist evers because he's always like a constant student. He's always a consummate learner when it comes to what needs to be done and raising his game.
Speaker 3: So I appreciate the challenge of it all.
Speaker 1: And it's the same thing for Dre, like even talking to him honestly, like I remember him telling me like Snoop wasn't something he chose, that was more Warren it Shug, Like Warren pushed him off onto Dog and I mean Dre and Dra and Shug was like okay. And then Dre told me the story of fifty cent me excuse me of Eminem. That wasn't his name, that was Jimmy Ivan thing you. I mean, Jimmy was like, I think this the work, and he passed it to Dre and was like, man, do this, and Dre was like, I don't know, and he did it listening to him and guess what here is you know, your most successful artist, I mean, And then fast forward to fifty cent. That was an eminem thing. Hey, you know what you know, m wanted Dre to do fifty cent. He's like, man, do it with me, and they did it together. So I think a lot of the greatest things happen when you take on a task that people you trust passed to you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think it's also I agree, I agree, And I think it's also what we see as success. What is our idea of success at that stage, you know, because they are already successful in fame and money and all of that, So now their standard of success is probably something we don't know nothing about, you know, Cam, I want to go.
Speaker 2: Back to this because I'm laughing. So, but are you doing this regular? Let's say Dre is doing detox. He's gonna give detax another row and you on there. He wants you to do the entro. He wants you to sound a certain way. Niggas said, no, be a fire to Nah. That's is how absolutely absolutely.
Speaker 4: Like, Nah, I did it my way. This is this is Cam, this is what you this is what you want it. You know what I'm saying, Maybe if you could try to tell me, but that that's like, that's like Hollywood shuffle. Can you give me more more jove ass more somebody else, like Nigga, this is me, This is all you're gonna get.
Speaker 2: Cam is cam like, this is what you're gonna get. Maybe you need somebody the other tape, Glass is definitely do the other tape. I already did it. I think I'm gonna dot jurkick writ the first time. So he takes together, Uh not none of the hundreds or twenties day you talking about. But I probably did something in seven times, but there was other times he took it on the first tape, but more than seven times at your house.
Speaker 1: Oh that's a fact, you But but you choosing versus me telling you, right because I believe now I need to do that again, right because I believe I.
Speaker 2: Know how I want to sound, not how you want me to sound. But I'm all so not producing you.
Speaker 1: So it's like it's different like if I'm gonna work with obviously when I if I'm working with Doc, then I'm gonna let Doc produce me, because that's why I went down there to mess with you, you know what I'm saying. So like, but if I am producing somebody like I do, I'm obviously not got to dre but shit, I didn't made Joey and Duce go in there and rewrite something and hey, flip this, change this, do this because I'm making a record.
Speaker 2: So I think you have to. And I'm thinking that for these guys, says that that's what the music turn out. The way you do.
Speaker 4: That's something different. I'm not talking about changing lyrics. I'm open to changing lyrics.
Speaker 2: No, I'm not even talking about the change lyrics.
Speaker 1: I'm talking about have had them rewrap something because like sonically, I feel.
Speaker 3: Like it loses energy.
Speaker 1: I mean, as I become more of a producer, like I notice things like like small things like oh you know what you laid this verse, but okay, I need you to say the hook, you know, coming in and going out, or hey repeat this kind of match this energy right here, this that and the third you know what I mean. So I could get where his methodical mind would go, you know what I mean, really pursuing something that he feels is capable. He could hear the sonic. So I don't think he does it to be like disingenuous though, you know what I mean. I don't think he's like, oh I'm just doctor Dre, let me throw my weight around as much as he's really pursuing something that he hears in his mind.
Speaker 4: Anyway, pretty excellent. I'm already excellently me. So if I'm already me. You know how many people you know stutter or got a list or off beat or whatever. That's just them, that's who they are. Just just just make my my fuck ups sound good. That just just just eq it in a way that that's cam he wraps off bead or he his voice is cracking, or you know, that's what I mean.
Speaker 2: It just depends.
Speaker 1: It depends if you want to be produced. I mean, you've been in the business long enough, big bro, to where you probably know where and how you want it. But again, if if you wouldn't work with for real timbling, like especially for real Forrella, give you a flow, hey, wrap this flow, I mean, or Dre will be like he'd be looking to me where he's really Again I never asked him what the thought is, but I would imagine now with my knowledge and information, even though I'm nowhere near with cousins at my mind is like he's chasing a specific sonic to where when it's time to mix, like it's right where he wants it a lot closer even listening to a Missionary, which everybody should go stream. I think it's a great record, and I think it gets better if you listen to it. It's getting better. It's a good album for where they at, but it gets better. But it's really busy, like it does a lot. It's a lot to pick up, right, you know what I mean? You have to walk If you walk into it thinking you're gonna get snooping dre from nineteen ninety two, you are going to come out very not getting what you look for.
Speaker 4: So the Cam and Cat Cam and Battlecat album that was inspired by Glasses, Glasses the one putting me in battle Cat together like just for the world. You know, all any records that you hear and the album that's the songs that still not release.
Speaker 2: You know, Glasses the one.
Speaker 4: You know, I give him this public credit and there's no secret he the one that put that together right and Battlecat knew you know what I'm saying. You know he knows what he wants to hear too. But then you know he knows the respect. You know, we Cam, this is what you want to hear, and maybe you can say, try to say this like this and this like that, but he gonna you know, it's it's like he gonna he gonna bring his expertise to the table and even if I disagree with it, I'm gonna trust his what he do, and he gonna trust what I do.
Speaker 2: So it's not a chore. It feels good.
Speaker 4: It's fun to me if you tell me to do something over and over and over again, like it's not fun. No more like Nigga, I don't feel like doing that now. Music is a vibe. It's a spirit. Now my spirit is on some other ship like Nigga. Like I'm not say I already said it, like you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: See that.
Speaker 1: You know what's funny? Still tell me what's crazy? Tell me some of the stories where he was working with Bob.
Speaker 2: What was that like? Man? You know what those dudes are definitely perfectionist what it was with Bob? Shout out to DJ Bobcat.
Speaker 1: DJ Bobcat did to anybody who listens to gangst Rap chronicles.
Speaker 3: Obviously you heard I'm Bad ll Cooj the Bad album.
Speaker 1: You heard back ten Backyard Boogie, you heard Tupac Strictly DJ Bobcat is one of those very you know, not spoken about, but prolific producers look him up and still used to work with DJ Bobcat when he was a fresh rapper, and Bobcat told me stories of how he almost traumatized still in the studio.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know what, man, I used to go outside and smash forty bottles sometimes, being so mad at Bob because first he had you do a Megan Jason. You don't even know if you gonna be on the song because it would be like four birth slots and you have ras casts coming through there. They have exhibited coming through the east. When he's catch was like, oh everybody on there. You might spend all night writing the verse he you think you sung because he don't give you a little snipper of the beat on the tape. And you go do it, man, you go doing it. You're doing all this hard work and you going in and bus if you think it's perfect. Next thing, you know, they could pan on them and you might make the first cut, but then they may move you around a little bit then say well I don't like the way you do right there. You know you had to do stuff. They had to be perfect Dog. It was different Ladiator School, so yeah, well they weren't.
Speaker 1: I always liked the challenge of it, but I think also because I didn't grow up wanting to be a rapper, So it was dope to have somebody take an interest even to this day, Like I love when, like you know, like when I could get somebody else's critigue on a record, especially somebody who you know, like who's been around, like iced T and too Short of some of my favorite to let hear what I'm doing, you know what I mean, Because I feel like they culturally represent they almost like they're like me where they're you know, like it's only so many rappers there who they are on and off the mic, you know what I mean. Like it's no different. So I like it, you know what I mean. But like I think it depends on what you like it. But back to the ll C JQ Tip record that was before GNX came out. That was my favorite album this year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I ain't hurt. I gotta check that out. It's dope, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: It's it's dope.
Speaker 1: I thought LLL went to Town and it's it's dope to watch somebody who came out of nineteen eighty four, dropping an album in twenty twenty four, and they still handling you feel me, They still getting cracking, They still making it work.
Speaker 2: I really like that a lot.
Speaker 4: I like, I like just to circle back on the missionary and we can get off of that. I like Snoop is busting. Snoop Snoop Rapper, he bust, He wrapping his ass off, right, you know what I'm saying. And I'm talking about like like like high energy. You know what I'm saying. You know, busical however you want to he giving you all kind of different flavors and styles. It's just like I said, it's just to me. Yeah, the music didn't live.
Speaker 2: One is I was.
Speaker 1: I was arguing with some homies problem in them, and I'm like, see, they want me to say the music is that.
Speaker 3: I'm like, no, the music is not bad. The music is actually good. But that is the problem is that Tom Petty song sound like something Tom Petty could sing on today. You know what I mean.
Speaker 1: The Sting songs sound like something Sting could sing on today.
Speaker 2: And it's that's weird. For a dog.
Speaker 1: There was always especially the dre and Dog, even when they would flip classical ideas like you know, uh axle ride, you know the edge, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: They would flip you know, no doubt to.
Speaker 2: Make that dum.
Speaker 1: Don't uh, don't forget about Dre right, no doubt the cline, you know what I'm saying. And to have Snoop like it was dope, they would still put he would still put this level of grittiness to it, and and this this unh in it, and that unh is different now because this motherfucker could.
Speaker 3: Play the piano.
Speaker 1: He like, it's like, no, fuck that, let's get sting up in here to play hold up, you know what I mean. Like, so again people want me to be harshly critical over what Dre is doing. Is like I'd probably be doing the same thing if I had access to Michael Jackson.
Speaker 3: It might come sing this sok.
Speaker 2: But it ain't street.
Speaker 1: It's not that's but that's the point. Yeah it's not street. But again, yeah it's not streeted all. But Snoop is saying street ship. Snoop is saying street ship, but the music ain't street.
Speaker 2: And that's what I agree now to.
Speaker 1: Me, that's the you know, that's where it's kind of different. You know what I mean, It's like, yeah, it's like and Snoop was on the sting song. I don't know if I really you know what I mean?
Speaker 4: After it sound like it's not like a gang of features of him being on other artists and shit like that might be on a different genre.
Speaker 1: But to be honest, the more I listen to it, it's growing on me and maybe I'm giving it more chances because it is Sloop and dre Cube to me back to man down, It's just really, I really didn't care about the production, Like this is kind of one of the first times I don't think I cared about a que produce, a produced like a record that that Q did with the beats like normally, like you know, even you know the policies and the you know, the last era of Q records. It was like, I still like the music, even if I wanted to be critical over where he was writing at or how inspired he was as a writer. But this is the first war of production. I'm like, I don't really care about the production, and that is kind of what made me be like, ye ain't trip and I'll come back to it when I get some time.
Speaker 2: So I bet you if he said.
Speaker 3: In the studio with me, I pushed his ass, he'd be saying some shit.
Speaker 2: I mean, if it was a fear of where I'll be drunk too. Shit. You think that's going on? Man? When I used to have them session, when we do that stuff for Bobcat, Jay Stink and all of them dudes in the studio, Man, it was different, Dog, You actually had to have your shit tight. Dog. It was perfection, even you know, certain breathing on them like camp. You know what I'm told about, Like on a word, you might have to say a word fifty times and there wasn't no punching back then. They wanted that one word to be perfect. Yep. It had to be perfect. And it wasn't no thing like to day to where you go to have a track when you go do the stuff live, to where you got the track playing in the background. You had to sound on stage like you dial the record. Man, I don't know what the hell like I saw T Grizzly kind of when he had this coming out moment remembering that song got real big and he starts, you could tell he had never did shows because he was just on stage standing around Dog and the music was just playing. He was just up there kind of had a bop, just up there, did he bob? And I'm like, is he a rapper? Is he just up there walking around? I blame I blame myself.
Speaker 1: I'm definitely the first generations of people who didn't grow up wanting to be a rapper, studying rappers fucking it up, you know what I mean. So I do take accountability. I had no really understanding about hip hop or desire about it or nothing, you know what I mean. Now I look back, I'm like, Damn, this shit gave me way too much for me not to know to not have more respect for what was happening. I mean versus if you see a rap, like, if you grew up wanting to be a rapper, you're looking at rappers to understand certain ways to carry yourself, certain ways to present yourself, a million other things. I didn't have that. I was really a product of me and cam section. It was just like, yeah, this is yeah, this is really the culture. This ain't the artistic version of it.
Speaker 2: Hip hop. Hip hop kind of shoeses the rappers. Rappers don't choose to get like I really think rap shoes people though, because I've known people that great at what they do. It never came nowhere close to releasing the record. Bro talk about dudes who were very very too dope man like had everything, man, but they just diver got that shuf.
Speaker 3: I'm really mad. I really want Kad to release that camera, that that cat and camera, because that record is great.
Speaker 2: I think.
Speaker 3: You know what's funny, man.
Speaker 2: Got it?
Speaker 1: You gotta get back to just wanting to put out something so people can hear it.
Speaker 2: Dope starting to cut you off. Glasses still feels political as hell. You think he might have been mad for some You think it might be some of the things you said about snoop cam that might be making an old onto it a little bit.
Speaker 4: Nah Nah, I mean, I don't know what they what they're doing now. But ain't nobody really holding on to it like that? Because I could put it out if I want. I just don't want to waste it. I don't want to waste and I don't even know how to put it out like that, Like Glasses be trying to show me or whatever, But uh, I just didn't, you know, because the stuff already leaked out.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying, Glasses, we got it, I would be honest, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: My goal with them was for them to do three records over three different albums, you know what I mean, Like, I feel like we should have a people to me who battle Cats sound marked kind of their era in my life, Cam is one of the earliest, right, Corrupt is one of the next. And uh, it was somebody else that I had in mind. But I wanted him to put out a series with these guys just show because battle Cats still unbelieved. This nigga is still unvol like, he's still just the culture uncut raw. He'd get in front of that ship and go. So I put him take care.
Speaker 2: But as far as to me, Dre should be fucking with him more.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but Dre is on a different wine.
Speaker 1: Bro J got a lot of money and he escaped a lot of shit.
Speaker 2: He escaped a lot of shit that.
Speaker 3: He could have been held account before.
Speaker 1: And it didn't that Nigga told me like, man, don't get me in no shit though I'm like, Nigga, of course I will get you and some shit. That's why I'm not up that if he don't fuckle with me, like if he don't come like have me in the studio or have me or I get why I'm not upset at that.
Speaker 2: I'm like cause one thing I am is the culture. No matter what level of intellect and whatever.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm still this little wise counter, little nigga that ain't gonna change you. Feel me so like I have found a pride in it, in a sense of responsible and belonging that could frighten, could make Dre me look like this, that could make me lose it all, even though to me that's crazy. But I get why he thinks that. But I think Dre is moving away from this and moving to wherever he wants to go. And I'm not trying to hold him back. I'm not trying to pull him back. Hey, bro, if you've been doing this for forty years, this is what I was arguing with problem in the homies about they talking about he didn't put this new artist. Man, I don't give a fuck who Drey got rabbit for him.
Speaker 2: That shit over.
Speaker 1: Let this man set sell that nigga can start making yacht rock if he want. It's up to us now to finish the job, to keep it going. It's up to the Kendrick Lamars to put new artists on. It's up to the till of the creators. It's up to the glasses and lungs, the problems, the rembles, the mustards. Why geez, this our job? Now this are you still want the older homie to get in the car and go put in work. Get your ass out of here. Bro Oh, Denny's go do something else, you know. I mean I would never want go call my older homies to go do nothing no more.
Speaker 2: You know what, though, I see I used to always wonder why guy is greatest and hundred three thousand wasn't a record no more. But I feel what he said. He says, Man, what am I'm gonna talk about? Like? What am I going to do?
Speaker 1: It's like I used to always tell you the day you lose your thorns, it's over. Andre said, the South has something to say. He was trying to save me there to say. Now everybody listen, He's like, job is done.
Speaker 2: But somebody like Cam the motherfuckers is still pointing out you grab whole help. Yeah, it ain't never it ain't never over with me. I got a question for y'all, like, because the quality of certain.
Speaker 4: Lyrics like we was talking about earlier, red Man or or this and that or qube or whatever.
Speaker 2: One thing that when when I was coming up, I didn't.
Speaker 4: I didn't never used to write rhymes in the studio with niggas, Like I would write rhymes at home and I had a beat or whatever and I'm able to think about it or whatever. But do you think that takes away from the potential quality if you're under pressure to come up with something right there because it's posing cons of writing in the studio with with other dudes or whatever, because it's gonna it's gonna make you step your game up, but it's gonna rush you.
Speaker 1: At the same time, craft develop as a writer, learn more about record riding in general.
Speaker 3: You know what makes it special.
Speaker 1: So now it's like basketball, Like yeah, when you fresh on the court, you feel me you could jump out the gym, you could dunk on a nigga reseas and all that. But I'm one of them niggas, man, I ain't got so many different skills over the time that it don't matter if I'm in the studio, I take it home. I gotta go to game that you can put me writing a post. I'm one of them last niggas like Kareem, I give a nigga this hook shot all night. This thing ain't gonna never dry up. Feel me, I got enough plays to where as a writer like I'll figure out a way.
Speaker 2: To approach it.
Speaker 1: Open clothes, climax, every verse, just skill set, so I don't need to feel. The feeling is when I'm starting to talk about what I'm talking about, and I always.
Speaker 2: Stay invested in the culture. So what do I like?
Speaker 1: I used to like going home, but now it's more like whatever the job is. If the job is like Tupac months died, Like when I came up with that, Like I was in the studio, I was trying to come up with it and happened. I was in the shower two days later and I just came up with the whole thing in the dollar.
Speaker 2: That's when the inspirational issues sometimes to teach you in the hottest places. I remember I was thinking about this one song I was working on. The beat was so knocking, man, I want to do the record, but couldn't think of what to do on it. I was getting on the plane to go to London, man, and everything just kind of hit me. When I was an airport, didn't know where it came from, just kind of hit me, and I said on the plane ride it kind of wrote that song down. Man, jotted it down on the back of the you know how to get the little instruction books a little stretch, so how to you know, handle of the flotation device and all that stuff. I wrote the whole rap. It was in pieces on the back of that car, and I took that and finished it up. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So me, it's like, you know, I don't really have a preference, but I'll tell you one thing. If we need a bucket, you just put me in a post. I'm gonna hook that drop that up right there. I got a hoodshot for the nigga. It don't matter how tired I am, So I guess whatever you take.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean.
Speaker 1: When it's my record, I'll come up with a right on the spot. Sometimes shit, I'll just wait till I got something better.
Speaker 4: But it would depend on who's in the studio, Like if it's if it's name Gran his big names in the studio.
Speaker 2: Are you trying to break the back border?
Speaker 3: What that nigga?
Speaker 2: Just say that.
Speaker 1: That's to be where I carved out what I do culturally as a hip hop watters. Now, I don't know exactly how to say certain things that make people be like, who is that guy?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I definitely think it's important, though, Cam sometimes to dump on some niggas and remind niggas break the backboard in the ass fan. It's then when they ask real quick, but she's two hours, man, I don't like doing that. The goals for the New Year? What's that New Year's resolutions? That should always thought that shit was kind of like if you go do something, just to do it, you know. I just want y'all always to stay safe out there, be responsible.
Speaker 3: When is this?
Speaker 2: When does this come out? This come out tomorrow? Dogs come out the real times. We got three o'clock this morning, Sab you need to drop a New Year's one, you slip you know what?
Speaker 1: We all need to do a digital soap box live.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's do it. I'm doing when we could do that, but hey, we go playing those off the record. Man, y'all have a happy New Year. We got there. We go do it. We go do a digital byes live though, see that you know, information coming in and we out of here.
Speaker 3: Please m