Speaker 1: I just want to I just want to, like ask a white chef, like, is this grass fed beef every day? Was that a really staying face that I'm really at having white domestics. I think that needs to Like.
Speaker 2: I was just talking to my girl about that.
Speaker 3: I'm into that too.
Speaker 2: I love a white domestic.
Speaker 4: But you know, the problem was or the funny thing about having a white cleaning lady.
Speaker 2: As soon as I was, I was out on her.
Speaker 4: As soon as she became too extra, I was like, get out of here, Diane, get out. She telling me about her life and ship chips in.
Speaker 5: Your bears are racists.
Speaker 2: The money's turkey stuff. I can't tell me.
Speaker 4: Guess who's back. Guess who's back. Guess who's back. I'm trying to be welcome back catter.
Speaker 3: And then in the.
Speaker 4: Middle it me we started at the hardest part, the hardest part, and then I was like, I don't have a way out of that. And I was like, if you just are casual over it, ultimately maybe they'll think if.
Speaker 2: You had so little enthusiasm for it that I thought maybe you had something had gone wrong.
Speaker 4: So yeah, I was short. You know what it is, that's me panicking. I was panicking just there.
Speaker 3: You saw it.
Speaker 2: You thought you could outcool the mistake.
Speaker 4: Exactly because I started saying, guess who's back, and I was like, fuck, it's welcome back. And then I was thinking about that Scarface song and I was like, maybe maybe if I'm chill, they'll think it's that.
Speaker 2: And then I went for.
Speaker 4: Total transparency with you, and I now feel no, frankly, this is not how we start our episode. No, you still have a chance.
Speaker 2: Go ahead, kick off our normal language so that we can start this normally. Okay, yeah, okay, did you get a.
Speaker 3: I'm going to start with a new song, a different song.
Speaker 2: Yeah, or the right just like I'm starting. Okay, here we go. It's all you big dog. Guess who's bizack? Guess who's bizach.
Speaker 4: Welcome little Mama's and gentiles alike to another phenomenal episode of My Mama Told Me.
Speaker 2: The podcast where we dive deep, deep into the pockets of black conspiracy theories.
Speaker 4: And we finally worked to prove nothing. We don't give a shit about you. We're just trying to get rich.
Speaker 2: Yeah, man, there's no goal here. Yeah, there's capitalism.
Speaker 4: Capitalism is the goal. Yeah, we find no flag this is zero. Yeah, exactly exactly. I'm playing to die.
Speaker 2: Prepare statement, you, prepare to statement, Prepare to statement. Here we go. This is exciting.
Speaker 4: Dear young millennial black man who listened to the new Clips album and felt nothing, that's okay, You're okay. It's okay to not love the Clips as much as you did in the eleventh grade.
Speaker 2: You're fine.
Speaker 4: Fandom is a relationship, and sometimes in long term relationships people drift apart. So cherish the good times that you had with the Clips and know now much like the three excel Rocke word t shirt you used to rap to listen to them, the relationship is ill fitting.
Speaker 3: It's time to die. You don't care about cocaine that much?
Speaker 2: WHOA well?
Speaker 1: I do, and I love the New Clips album. Thank you very much. Hard disagree, brother.
Speaker 2: I wasn't talking to him. I said to the man who well, I said to the man who felt nothing, you're wrong. You're listening around you know what hearing to me? I put it on.
Speaker 3: I went back and just listened to Virginia. I didn't even like.
Speaker 4: I listened to the first song, Yeah, I was like, phys is cool, and then I listened I got like five or six because it's not a very long album, right, it's not an hour. I got like five or six in and I was like, no, it ain't shent to do, but cook that's what I want right now.
Speaker 3: I don't want the new stuff at all. I don't even feel bad about it, damn.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And I loved the clips. I liked it, man, I was I was really how many to do it? I've only listened to it like one and a half times. Okay, I'm not giving it three Three is good. Three.
Speaker 4: Here's the thing I'm not saying I hated it. I just didn't feel it. Just didn't feel no way.
Speaker 1: What was the last time you felt something about an album?
Speaker 4: This might be a new problem, Virginia.
Speaker 2: You know what it was. You know what it was for me? Is there there was something really nice in the fact that Malice is here doing it, and you know, after pushing says some wow sh he'd be like, brother, we gotta pray on it. Yeah, this is he's still struggling with the conflict in his head. Yeah, he loves the Lord, but he also loves cocaine, and he got to talk about both of those things.
Speaker 4: I will say he is striking my balance well, because at the end of him rapping, you could feel he was on his way out right. Yeah, what's that that Popeye song? I was just he was just saying, like Bible. I remember listening to.
Speaker 2: Not you know you know, but you know Push your T wrote the McDonald's song.
Speaker 3: I do know that.
Speaker 2: I'm loving it really Push your Tea with Forrell though, right, I don't don't know, but it's just timber, like a full single.
Speaker 3: Yeah, McDonald's it was.
Speaker 2: It was a full set condemned that Push your T wrote. Yeah, it's not just that line. There's a whole R and B song like circle, like two thousand. I didn't remember that. That's amazing. Yeah, that's good. I liked it was It was the best jingle I've ever heard of, like jingle song jingle number one, yeah, number one of all times. It's not a good song, it's like a top jingle. It's like shingle.
Speaker 1: It's an album filler, but it's like a it's like a Yeah, that's okay, the best song on an album.
Speaker 2: Yeah, of twelve songs. I want to be clear, I keep intro music for television shows separate from jingles. Oh, you have to yeah, because that's not I just don't want any confusion. We're mixing the two because I stand on Golden Girls being the finest song ever written. Yeah, thank you for being a friend that goes.
Speaker 1: I like it.
Speaker 2: I love I love It's a rare condition I do. I love both. I love that you're putting me in a nasty Sophie's choice.
Speaker 3: You know who had nobody ever talks about hard for white shows? Is?
Speaker 4: What's that show with Kirk Cameron and Robin I like that?
Speaker 3: So that one.
Speaker 6: There you go, I don't know it was yours?
Speaker 2: Yes, no, that's not who that fuck that is? That is good. This is great.
Speaker 4: That ship was funny because it was just like one if the Italian guys did women's work clean.
Speaker 2: This is crazy names to clean. That's really it's amazing what you used to be able to make into television. Yeah, they like you ain't got a third premise on this? No, what are you saying about that? Nothing? Yeah, I'm tired clean. And at some point they'll start sucking.
Speaker 1: And they get married and they go to Disneyland and somebody has drugs at some point, special drugs. I think in every eighties come like at one season, Someone's offer marijuana by a guy who flat. It's a very special episode.
Speaker 2: In those older years, the Lista Milano started doing this somebody that drank a a party.
Speaker 4: I thought it would have been the sexy grandma who was doing the on that show.
Speaker 2: I think, I think, I bet it was a Lissa Milano got drunk at a party, and I bet the old sexy grandma was like, honey, it's fine. I used to do cocaine. I think she was such a.
Speaker 7: Honey, yeah exactly, Yeah, wrong, honey, I used to shoot a black tar exactly.
Speaker 2: You just got hair off of Rick James's day. Have you died? You know how many times I've seen Debbie Harry's asshole that I like. I Sawanka Jagger ride a horse and a man in the same night. I think there were the club. I think we could have written for the show, and I think I think it's a shame you didn't hire us getting on the reboots we'll get in. Is he still alive? I hate that was crazy white people be dying.
Speaker 8: I just.
Speaker 2: Like I didn't know Barbara Walters was dead. Oh wow, No, I knew she was.
Speaker 4: I was surprised you didn't know okay, three years did no, I didn't know that.
Speaker 1: I posted that clip seven hundred comments. Barbara Walters went to the glory like people did not know. Damn straight up, man, she'd been gone for some time.
Speaker 4: Greatest speech impediment of all time. I think I was there too. Her Tyson, Tyson's up there. Who else we got? Who talks funny? And that's at the top.
Speaker 2: Ron Harper was big for me as a kid. I like that he had a stutter.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I like the stutter, but I like more of I like the wa wa Like why.
Speaker 2: Did she never correct that?
Speaker 1: Because many children have that, but they go on to get like a speech therapist. Well she was second grade.
Speaker 2: She was before speech therapist exists.
Speaker 1: But I mean yeah, because she was born in like the Great Depression.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they didn't. She was mouth crazy.
Speaker 3: We can do.
Speaker 2: We can do a libido, but I don't know a libido. She was born a year after they stopped burning woman at the state. Apparently Baas got here just after Roots, right after Roots. That she could shed a lot of nice life.
Speaker 4: She lived a long, beautiful life. Yeah all right, Yeah, that's a good time. This has been really fun. We wasted quite a bit of that's what it usually happens our guests today.
Speaker 2: You you've already heard his voice, you see his beautiful face. We're so happy you're here with us today. You know him from the podcast Yesterdays. You know him as a pop culture anthropologist, a person who you go to for all that the ship, the politics, the culture, the mess in between. This motherfucker is tapped in on all that ship and he's the source of all cool things. Give it up for our guests, mister Blake Lee Thornton.
Speaker 1: How did all of this trouble Beginmr? Yeah, hell, that is how the trouble began. With the slave ships and me. We are ancestors' greatest dreams and white people's greatest nightmare.
Speaker 2: So that's beautiful.
Speaker 4: You know. Yeah, I don't think my ancestors would have ever thought any about anything I'm doing.
Speaker 2: If you hear the stuff we say, I don't think our ancestors are gonna be too pumped on it.
Speaker 1: I always wanted to do a movie called Black to the Future. We're like me and my white assistant go back in time and I just keep getting killed over and over because like all the things you have to learn, and you just kick getting like two minutes further.
Speaker 2: I like that, like you should call it day after after tomorrow round.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, black to the future, just keep going, like what is that? Like we used to get killed for like little at white women and be like what I will, like push a white bitch out of the street, like it's Black History Month and it's like April.
Speaker 2: So I mean I'd be dead ten times over in like a minute.
Speaker 4: And you know how little we progressed as society is. I felt uncomfortable you saying that.
Speaker 2: You know you're gonna come here.
Speaker 1: Okay, no one's trying to fuck you. Okay, Katie with your fucking Kate Spade purse, you bitch.
Speaker 2: Yeah, anyway, you should do it.
Speaker 1: Anyway, justid we love white women and you guys are okay, the rest all for debate.
Speaker 2: Likely we're happy you're here. You came to us with the conspiracy theory that I would say, it's got a heavier it's got a heavier hand on it. I mean, I don't think it's a conspiracy. Yeah, I think there's a fair amount of validity to it. You said, my mama told me the welfare system was created to keep black men out of the home.
Speaker 1: Yes, God damn one. Everything post thirteenth Amendment is kind of designed to keep black men out of the home. Kind of has been admitted by several Republicans since. So you know, you have the freedom of this lays, but then you put in a system that allows you to do prison work for free, which is just a promulgation of but now we have privatize prisons, and then I think the rules surrounding welfare systems were designed to keep black men out of household where you look at the technicalities at the federal and state level, where like, if you have a man in the household not working, you're not you can't have it. So I think it's just by system. It's just kind of like a death by a thousand paper cuts of keeping black family units separated. Because we've seen what happens when black people start to thrive. I Tulsa, So you know, it's easier just to keep them out of the house than to have to like you know, destroy towns and then pretend you didn't do it.
Speaker 2: That by that because hurts so much. It's true, lot you're saying that, uh that Tulsa is harder to pull off a second time. Exactly a person a person war is much easier.
Speaker 1: If you can keep people crippled at a microcouse and you don't have to deal with the macroeconomics and black people collecting and getting gaining strength and building their own systems. So it's like if you can stop them from even making the progress to begin with, and you don't have to deal with doing the overt very hard to cover up, very hard to, very hard to explain away generationally. Yeah, yeah, yeah, crimes of what's going on. It's like when you see like Jerry Jones in that picture, like like protesting integration.
Speaker 2: Well he claimed he was just looking.
Speaker 1: I mean I honestly have a picture in my phone. He was doing more than looking like this.
Speaker 2: You know, he can't explain. It would just be easy if the black people never tried to go to the school.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 4: Jerry Jones is like, I'm gonna graduate from this college. I'm gonna start buying and selling.
Speaker 2: NFL. I was to make this work. He's worked for him. The NFL is modern chattel. Sav Oh. Yeah, It's like the problem is I don't like yelling at him personally. I wouldn't mind paying Amanda yell at exactly.
Speaker 3: I don't want to touch one man.
Speaker 1: I went to a I was a tennis teacher at a country club.
Speaker 3: Wow are you tennis?
Speaker 1: I played competitively from like ten to seventeen.
Speaker 3: It's like juniors.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was like ranked in Texas. And then I was going to go to a school in Florida, an IMG Academy, and I was like, oh, these kids are broken.
Speaker 3: You were gonna go to IMG. That's like a major that's a major program.
Speaker 1: Because it's like if you want to like get a college college, but a lot of kids with IMG or they go to like Newcomb's and Austin, and then you go you see kids that are actually just just what's it called dedicated at like eleven, twelve, thirteen, They're really fucking weird.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I was like, I'd rather go to school with like normal teenagers.
Speaker 1: And I switched to playing football my junior year of high school and I played in college.
Speaker 3: You started playing football junior year of high school. I went to college.
Speaker 2: I played once.
Speaker 1: I played in like seventh grades, third but hey did and then I stopped because I played tennis. And then I was like, well, I want to go to an IVY League school and I got to see in Spanish, and I figured, I'm fashioning these white kids. So I played football.
Speaker 3: That's great, I was, but it worked, you know.
Speaker 2: But we talked about we've talked about that a lot in terms of comedy, that they're like to be successful in certain spaces, you do have to have a little bit of that.
Speaker 3: Definitely, definitely to be nuts.
Speaker 2: It's not comics. Yeah, I think any any person who's like, truly wants to be great at something has to become sad to the point of their dedication. Agreed, Yeah, there we go. The king is not function, human being, not being.
Speaker 1: That picture of Oprah Michael Jackson is fucking sending me yea, the salt and pepper of dysfunction.
Speaker 2: That's just two fine sick people.
Speaker 1: That's just that's just two fine sisters picking up man.
Speaker 4: Look about hope, hope in their eyes. Though you see hope in his eyes. I feel like in nineteen ninety two, Michael Jackson felt unkillable, you see, hoping that he was a bleached Michael he was. I think he was that big.
Speaker 2: I actually fully disagree. I think absolutely he was that big, but I think he had reached a big that there was nothing above it, And I don't think that that leaves hope in your eyes. I don't know. Maybe hope is not what i'm maybe maybe maybe it's life.
Speaker 1: It might be because he's because he's Yeah.
Speaker 2: Maybe it's just that he's alive. Maybe it's just that he's not dead in that photo.
Speaker 4: I do feel like there is that satisfaction of feeling unkillable at least for two three years that he probably had.
Speaker 2: What year is that?
Speaker 1: Because that's this feels like Opra one. This is that's like eighty nine, ninety ninety.
Speaker 2: This is like dangerous or dangerous.
Speaker 1: That's a pre first weight watchers Oprah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but post this is this is she's a big post bad yea, right, this is dangerous.
Speaker 1: I said dangerous are bad?
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah, because when the Oprah get huge, Yeah, that's that's bad.
Speaker 2: Era is that is that? That's dangerous, that's dangerous. I thought dangerous was like Nigeria Liberian Girl.
Speaker 1: I think that's this girl's a deep cut.
Speaker 3: I don't so also, keep it in the closet, loved that song.
Speaker 1: Also, what was the one when Naomi canmble in the video Iberian Iberian Girl?
Speaker 2: No, keep it in the closet.
Speaker 3: He's black and white. The video is black and white, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, little video I've ever witnessed.
Speaker 4: It's so funny watching him in horny videos because he still just never believed it.
Speaker 2: And I think it's what I think, it's what made it almost like hornier. Was like it was a man trying to prove that he was horny. And then and so she had to like show more just to make up for that absolute most She's like, just don't look over there.
Speaker 4: Return no, because when he talks to him, like do you remember the what's the video where he's following the woman just like yellow ass.
Speaker 2: He made me feel the way you make me feel, which was just stalking. Yeah, he's just on the street, the.
Speaker 1: Man committing crimes and it being like that's romantic. Followed her home so she literally.
Speaker 2: Like walks around a car and then he climbs through the windows.
Speaker 1: Or thriller where he just basically turns into a zombie and kills her.
Speaker 4: That that's what he smiles at us, like we marked this home. We all like we got her, we got her, black woman, king of pop music, you know, the king of pop music.
Speaker 2: So so yes, welfare, so welfare with this question of welfare. Yes, you this is something you obviously have have some knowledge about. Do you feel like this is something that we all accept as fact? Is this is this known well in the circles you run in.
Speaker 1: I think in the circles I run in just because my parents were very like politically active in like the eighties and nineties when I was little, and then that was coming off of Reaganomics and the whole idea of like the Walfare Queen and the examples that like Reagan would make about you know, specifically black women scamming this system that especially in tandem with civil rights. So I think the idea of the Walfare Queen while creating more examples of people on welfare. During the time when black people were integrating schools, getting into jobs, it wasn't cool in the culture to be openly racist anymore. Although that's coming back.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I think it's cool, but I miss racist original recipe because like, show your face coward, if you're wearing a mask, you kind of ultimately know you're wrong, right, be proud.
Speaker 2: Be a proud boy.
Speaker 4: Problem like blatantly racist people more than like when they do that. I think that's what happens, especially within like liberal circles a lot where they do this kind of like.
Speaker 1: The dance dirty game of like it.
Speaker 4: Like it's like, you don't even think I'm a person now he's scared enough to have a gun.
Speaker 2: That video, that video where that man's calling that lady a nigger wearing the Burger King crown on the light. This wild you guys, you say, it's the funniest thing I've ever seen in my life because he's just so crazy and just being vile in a way that like you don't get to see anymore, Like people don't just show who they are in a wrong way anymore. It really, I mean, it's just it's hit.
Speaker 1: It's like, yeah, it's like you want to walk around in a mask and it's like, for why, my guy, Yeah, don't you want us to know.
Speaker 2: You we hate you like hate. We can just stay away from each other. Yeah, why?
Speaker 1: Because Also because now nowadays racist white they want to like listen to rap music that's the cognitive and this that fucks me or y'all want to like use a a ve like clapping back, you know, clap back as a jaw rules aw you're quoting us the n word, like every time I see like people dot com be like Jennifer Lawrence claps back. No, she didn't clap. That means you're killing somebody in a drug. I don't think she claps much anything.
Speaker 3: I'll say it.
Speaker 2: Jennifer Lawn. Yeah, she used to have a donkey back there. She has two babies. She's she's clearly clapping something. She has two children. It was clapping.
Speaker 1: I mean, I don't know. Again, heterosexual sex is of no interest to me, so I'm not sure. And that's fair, that's fair, that's fair. You guys are gross. I don't like the way you're saying.
Speaker 2: I don't love it. Your sex results in babies for some reason. Quite frankly, I'm interested in what you guys are doing.
Speaker 5: It too.
Speaker 1: If you're all having but sex would be a lot less children. I'm just gonna say that I.
Speaker 2: Respect what you got, going on to ask you to respect what we've got, will I will not?
Speaker 1: I won't.
Speaker 3: I appreciate the frequency which you guys are operating for right.
Speaker 2: What's doing it.
Speaker 1: That's what I got it, that's what we gotta have. Also, we were talking about this on the podcast too. We have to I have to have a gay doctor, because when you tell straight doctors what they're judging, I had, I didn't respect myself and I was like, you're a dumb virgin who can't drive.
Speaker 8: Wow.
Speaker 1: I was like, you're a prude bitch, and I never want to see you again. That's pretty Like, how dare you? I was like, I'm taking my things. Damn, I will be taking this lacroix.
Speaker 2: That's nuts. That's nutsy male female. She was like, you said you She said, I don't respect my body. I was like, you're not my therapist, Heather.
Speaker 1: First of all, damn, swab my butt, tell me what's wrong and give me some medicine.
Speaker 2: Do I haven't heard. I love the idea of storming out with the same problem in you, But first of all, Heather, this is not what my cope is for elsewhere. Exactly. If you're not.
Speaker 1: Going to give the antibiotics and a lollipop, someone else will.
Speaker 2: Yeah, not better than me, bitch, exactly. I know your husband. Your husband's at the clubs. I'm at whorror. Guess what, it's a river in Egypt.
Speaker 7: Your husband is okay, man.
Speaker 2: Her husband was dead. You really make that was wrong?
Speaker 4: Sometimes talking to you. It makes you feel like I've never been to the doctor. I've never had my doctor.
Speaker 1: Oh no, truly, especially what time of the year it is, and it's like, what drugs have you done? How many partners have you had? I'm like, yeah, hold time, your drugs change from the time of the year. Is it like you are drug you don't you want to talk out? Yeah, it's like I mean, it's like if you're at a festival, you do like shrooms or molly. If you're else, if you're like the bees are a Paris different, they have a whole different category of drugs they after you go into like boiler rooms, different.
Speaker 3: No drugs in Paris. I ain't smoke hash.
Speaker 2: What you doing sleeping?
Speaker 4: Just charmed by the beautiful city. People just start walking around. Oh I did smoke weed I brought, but it was like that I brought. Was you going to set the music or any of that?
Speaker 3: I went to the Loup for six hours by myself.
Speaker 2: You so you were high? Yeah, okay, what are you talking? It was one of the best stings of my life.
Speaker 1: Honestly, and being in a Paris museum high go to the next time, go to Merced the old train station. It's got all it's like six floors of art. It's like almost like a science place. Like they cut the palais in half and you can see how the opera works, but on like a ten foot model of it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I love that.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 1: They have all kinds of like African art statues that will honestly make it'll activate your black rage around floor four because it's like.
Speaker 2: You does do that to me after a bit where you're like wait, fuck, then.
Speaker 1: You're like wait, why is every black man in the statue got chains on it?
Speaker 2: Like fighting an alligator? Hey, I'll say this. I'll say this if you boys want to learn anything about Maywood, Illinois. You asked me question, where is first Starters? Somewhere?
Speaker 1: She went to lim Blue High Okay in the south side. Okay, Hell yeah, my sister lived there for a while. That's beautiful in South eighthn Michigan.
Speaker 2: Do you come from a conspiratorial background? Do you? Do you consider yourself a conspiracy theorist? No?
Speaker 1: But I consider myself inquisitive. And I feel like a lot of what is taught to us as American history, as a black person, you end up learning is propaganda. So I feel like conspiracy is usually when white people use it a euphemism for like truth telling in some capacity, like I'm not like not like a Pizzagate person, or like I'm not like a Terrence Howard two plus two is I haven't mentioned math.
Speaker 2: Pay careful, that's our guy. I should leave.
Speaker 3: Take a bullet for that man.
Speaker 2: I'll take a bullet to talk to him and then regret my choice. You would take a well to talk to him.
Speaker 1: I think I think he called once and what what did he have to say?
Speaker 2: Nothing?
Speaker 4: Goods were about to change. But he wanted us to change the poster.
Speaker 2: No, he didn't care. To his credit, he didn't care about changing that poster. He said it should say he said it should say this. But but Brandon T. Jackson, who was our liaison, cared deeply about that because it's proprietary, he said, and.
Speaker 3: He did say that word.
Speaker 2: He wants that to be a massive income for him and the poster. Yeah, posters like T shirts.
Speaker 4: I think patents, well, he wanted he wants he said, said ninety.
Speaker 2: Ninety's because he recognizes that he in fact has far more patents than than ninety nine. But he's willing to say ninety nine because of the joke. But then he wants it to say, but fake math ain't one because he's the real man, not the fake man.
Speaker 1: Okay, your rebuttal Okay. Plus he was four Terrence, so you know it's one time one is too. I went to kindergarten.
Speaker 4: And that's his big point, is the one times one is too.
Speaker 2: It's the beginning of the conversation and the end of it. Really, if I were involved, if you guys are going to have a nasty attitude, this won't continue. You know. I I loved him an Empire to you know.
Speaker 4: I really had fun watching Empire put me first, Lucius.
Speaker 3: I loved him. And all those talented Smolette kids.
Speaker 2: They're gray, they really, they are grey.
Speaker 1: I met Journey Slett in Paris also really, yes, I went to the Louis Vuitton show. Is Cynthia Rivo and every like fabulous black woman I'd ever met in the world was there. I believe that it was like a different as Zendaya, Cynthia Rivo, Journey Smolett, Ryan Destiny.
Speaker 2: This is just like on a Wednesday. I mean, because I walked out for.
Speaker 3: The Vaiton store in Paris, nobody was there.
Speaker 2: It was.
Speaker 1: That was one crazy day because it was like it was like you know the days got home training, because she came up and it was like all the black women and she was like nice to me that she was nice to see you again. I was like, you've never met me, but I love that You're like it's black with the black people we probably met like black.
Speaker 2: I bet she doesn't say meet you to anyone person. Anyone. She probably says see you. I think that is a machine smart that will never make an error. No, as long she's.
Speaker 4: Kind of perfect, like for what she does, it's perfect. No, she's never she's not playing.
Speaker 2: She's not playing. She's teflon don right now.
Speaker 4: Honestly though, I used to feel that way about a lot of people who have been unraveling at the end.
Speaker 3: Smith, but his brother was perfect.
Speaker 2: I kind of like that he hit Chris Rock. That's the best thing of all this. Yeah, that's not what I I don't think. I don't think.
Speaker 1: You guys like pretty girls, girls girls. I just blocked that out all the freestyle I think, I think, but I've honestly been blocking I think everything from what.
Speaker 2: I was like, what do you mean guys? That is how I'm people.
Speaker 1: When you mentioned new album, I'm just like my brain, I delete, I move, I think everything.
Speaker 2: I think the slap was the eye of the storm. I think everything before that, the Red Table. The way up to the slap was a nightmare to watch. It was the Red Table talk. Oh man, that was hard.
Speaker 1: I feel like I feel like if more straight couples got with the whole, like, look, we're gonna fuck up the people. Sometimes we were each other's emotional number one. We're building a life together, that's what we're doing. I think, like, I mean, basically, almost every gay married couple is out here for other people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but they didn't do it like you're described. Yeah you did here. They they expose dirt that meant something to the public in a in a jarring way.
Speaker 1: But again it didn't mean anything to me. Well, you just likely what meant? What do you want to You just want the road funk up. You want to.
Speaker 2: Be a pay person. You want us to give a ship that will Smith's unraveled in front of us. Let it go, let it go, let it go, fuck them up, punch your doctor. Don't you don't have children, don't.
Speaker 9: Mean in Paris, nothing is wrong but why you kids, You're like abandon them all. The doctor is such a crazy way to live your life, as they gave way to live a life gay guys.
Speaker 3: To punch your doctors.
Speaker 1: Emotionally, emotion emotionally, every every game man is called the doctor a bitch.
Speaker 2: Here's here's to her face. Okay, here's the pro facts.
Speaker 4: Here I text the four Gigs, Solomon. I never called your doctor a bitch. We lived together for a while, an ugly virgin who can't drive.
Speaker 2: That's crazy, that's awesome, that's crazy. It don't work together anymore. Here's my promise to you. Yes, I'm not gonna suck it, but okay, but I will try my best to punch a doctor at some point, just like.
Speaker 1: That, Just like insult a doctor, insult a white doctor, man, do you know? Or just question them constantly, like do you know what you're doing? Where'd you go to school? Just just gas like them, you wanted to gaslight a white doctor.
Speaker 2: Because it always feels like it's the reverse.
Speaker 4: It really is, you heard and dark skinned they. I'm like, I just take some more pictures of your.
Speaker 2: Playing basketball?
Speaker 1: Can you still sling that rock bro?
Speaker 2: That ship?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I fuck I do hating going to the doctor.
Speaker 2: That's just unless you were physically bleeding out.
Speaker 4: They're like you, I never have gotten real like pain pills in a major way. Really, even when I got my wisdom teeth pulled. My stepdad went to the same exact doctor at the same time, and I got like ten pills and he got like I.
Speaker 1: Woke up during the surgery and they tried to charge me for having to redo the anesthesia.
Speaker 2: Holy shit.
Speaker 10: And you know, exactly like a white doctor. Because you know what, guys, you're not doing a good job. You're doing a shitty job.
Speaker 4: All.
Speaker 2: If you're doing a shitty job, you suck. I'm going to kill Serena Williams. We need to take a break. I think things have lost controlling. I think some nasty things are being said about some fine folks. No, no, we agree. Why doctors stopping that said? We're gonna take a break. We're gonna come back and we'll talk more more Blakely Thornton more. My mama told me we we we are still talking about welfare and whether or not it is a It was created. The entire system, in fact, was created to keep black men out of the home. Now, I did some research on the subject that I'd love to send your way, and and y'all feel free to tell me what makes sense and what doesn't.
Speaker 4: I am I do want to say just to ask about this because of the size of welfare fair and because it's such a classiest thing, do you feel like the entire are you saying that the entire program was specifically it was retooled after it's formation because it directly target Because I believe the inception was after like the Great Depression, to kind of help families and give a social saption net for everybody.
Speaker 1: I believe it was weaponized post civil rights and primarily by the Reagan administration with the development of the term welfare queen to then promote the idea of black women gaming the system while the men were not there. So I think, in tandem with probably aggressive policing and other laws, like the marketing of welfare was designed to present an image of a black man not being in the home as standard.
Speaker 2: Well, well, here's what I'll tell you that that is true, okay, but it isn't limited to like the Reagan era of this. So, like the welfare system, as you explained, starts post Great Depression. A boy Franklin D. Roosevelt shows up and he's like, I'm going to retool the whole deal. It's it's nineteen thirty six, so it's it's pre New Deal or I don't know. I'm not a historian and I'm not gonna look it up. I was honestly scared to say a new deal. I was like, man, this show was in the eighties. I'm about to feel like I think one way or the other. He goes, because the support system that previously existed was states specific and local before that, so it was a bunch of groups being like, we'll just take care of our own. But then when the Industrial Revolution happens people move to cities, they stopped being able to just take care of their own because of how the numbers grow a number of people exactly, and so they start counting on the states. But the states are allotting money and basically being like, this is emergency only. You can't touch this shit unless you really, for real, for real need it. And then it isn't until the wake of the Great Depression where everybody needs it and no state can help that the the the national federal Hey, we got to help and they create a system that is ultimately welfare. Now here's where it gets interesting is that part of that that ultimatum that they created for welfare was employment. You had to be either you had to have a job or you had to be working towards the job. But because black people were specifically forced into jobs where they were largely being paid in cash and off the books, they had no way of demonstrating that they had work. And then there was an intentional effort to keep them, an active effort to keep them in that way so that they could not then be like, I am I haven't qualified for yeah. Right. So then this is where it gets even nastier, is that part of the propaganda that they spend is that they go they're obsessed with welfare, they can't get enough of welfare. All the while, these motherfuckers can't even get on welfare because they ain't got the jobs. Yeah, it's nasty work, it's targeted. Yeah, they're like, look at these thirsty motherfuckers taking up all your dollars and dimes and they can't even access this ship.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and black people have never been like the majority of welfare.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's not even close at all.
Speaker 1: No, So again, you know, the propaganda of it all is a bit I really don't like it. I think it, but again, I think it's promoted to keep that idea in white people's heads almost more so than actually keep black people out of homes. I think that's more just like the traditional racial profile and killing black men and you know, keeping them unemployed.
Speaker 2: Thing, Yeah, more direct methods.
Speaker 1: And then this, I think the idea of welfare and of the welfare queeness essentially was then I need to keep the idea that like the.
Speaker 2: Black home is broken, yeah black man.
Speaker 1: And I think that's very powerful because when we see that a standard, it becomes a self filling prophecy.
Speaker 3: Definitely.
Speaker 2: I think I think so much about like the the the early transitions of like a post slavery racism, right were like after slavery, the best thing that they could come up with as propaganda for how to pitch black people as like not good was to say we were lazy. Now we're not slaves. Now we're lazy. Yeah, we're fucking everybody's a coon who's sitting around eating watermelon, lazing around whatever. And then that's that version of propaganda starts to not work. The way they wanted to because of changes in voting, changes and opportunities in the country whatever. So they amp it up and they go these motherfuckers violent. Yeah, yeah, they crazy. They all got switch blades in their pockets. Shit, I do carry a switchblade.
Speaker 4: Okay, I believe that. I also con see you being a gun guy, and that's no disrespect.
Speaker 1: No, no, I'm not a gun guy. My family, I mean, they were Texan. I'm very much anti gun, but like, I don't like them. I've shot one a couple times at a rand. But my sister, like, there was a bit somebody they went to a ranch for a girls sixteen thing. They were just like shooting machine. Gus was like, g I Jane.
Speaker 2: I was like, oh, she's like, like swat.
Speaker 1: I was like, okay, So my family is quick with a gun. I think they're good with one. I'm more of like an up close and stab person. You like it, you like it to be intimate, intimate, personal, It is personal. I want to like see the light go out in your eyes.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 4: I've always said it feels a lot more violent to like slash than it does the pultry right to like slash some on it.
Speaker 2: It's that's so violent. That's discuss is nasty.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: Switchblade that is slashing almost exclusively. You don't stab bellies with switch blade. I mean you can't slit a throat with a switch blade. Yeah, I think you're can have like a mixed green salad.
Speaker 1: Yeah, or like you know, like you know, like you like chop ice, Like do you know.
Speaker 2: You're doing that so close to me? They were like, you know, like they take it in.
Speaker 1: That and then because you already that to the ice and just watch the ice on the street.
Speaker 3: We all just want to feel something at the end.
Speaker 2: Of the day.
Speaker 3: Everybody does that. Yeah, everybody just we just want to feel.
Speaker 2: We just want to feel. It's a beautiful, beautiful way to put it. Before we take another break, let me ask you this question as you think about all of this stuff, because this is obviously a very heavy subject and it doesn't leave a lot of hope, at least in my mind. It reminds me, frankly, a lot of like our current which I think is important to say. It is the exact problem that we are facing down with healthcare right that, like government funded healthcare is now about to be put behind this weird wall where people are going to have to like basically right in to explain what they do for a living and how they how they made money in order to qualify for Medicare Medicaid, And in doing that, you're putting a bunch of people in a position where either they can't justify making money or they aren't able to write you because they don't have access to computers and don't understand the time.
Speaker 1: That's all design too, ye know.
Speaker 4: I feel like if you if you oh you talk about in the BBB, Yeah, part of the beautiful Billy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they got that designed, they got that. It's all. But that's why they're like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm like, yeah, that's what they said they were going to do. They want us, They want you like stupid, hungry, misinformed, and sick. Like it's easier to It's an uneducated populace is easily controlled, and an uneducated populace that is sick is even easier. So it's like, I think the through line that's kind of the silver lining is when you do these things before you didn't, like, even though the Internet is probably chaotic neutral, it's like we can see in other countries that healthcare is just a right, like people just get taken care of. Like my friends that aren't from here. It's cheap for them to fly home first class to go to the doctor, like my friends from Japan. She's like, she had to get a knee surgery. She flew to Japan a first ticket and hotel and was cheaper than the option of getting surgery in America.
Speaker 2: Crazy.
Speaker 1: And I'm just like, I think seeing that before you could have kept people kind of isolated. But now it's like you can see what's happening in other parts of the country and other parts of the world, which I think will ultimately be of benefit. I think Martin Luther King said it like the moral arc of the universe is long, but it bends towards justice, Like I'm still waiting for that.
Speaker 2: Justice bend to come. You know, shorty string my way, You're the first I've ever seen quote doctor King while rolling their eyes. I don't know this motherfucker said something like.
Speaker 4: I guess some ship. I think you're the first person in a pair of doctor King with I don't know what the just happened. Oh my god, I was gonna say a KP and envy quote and then you know, no.
Speaker 2: It would have been great.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I really like that song. A great songs, really good. What happened to them? Probably drugs? There was a white one.
Speaker 2: She was really light skinned.
Speaker 1: I watch video the other day. Yeah that the girl from Sinners was the girl from Sinners and show the swing.
Speaker 2: Breaking. We're gonna come back and we're gonna do a voicemail together. Okay more Blake Lee Thornton More. My mama told me.
Speaker 5: Yeah, look, if you hate cops just because of cops, the next time you get in trouble, call a crackhead.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm, don't call us, we don't care. We're back.
Speaker 3: Actually call us. So we're gonna do a voicemailer.
Speaker 2: The colors A four four Little Moms if you ever want to send us a voicemail, and we're going to do one together. Now here we go. I landed on something that that sparked my interests. Who knows what the fuck it is. We'll listen to it together.
Speaker 8: Hey, y'all, first time caller, only recent listener. I love your podcast. I have a conspiracy that I don't know it's been brought up in the show before because I haven't seen all the episodes. My conspiracy dates back to twenty twenty one, shortly after this whole big thing of a chicken wing shortage happening. I'm not sure if y'all remember that, but suddenly stop.
Speaker 3: Comes up too much.
Speaker 2: Literally just yesterday we talked about it.
Speaker 4: Literally yesterday there was a shortage the demonstrating COVID.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yes, right, yeah, yeah, And this brother wants you to open your eyes about it.
Speaker 3: No, he's gonna go somewhere with it.
Speaker 2: Let's let's sebody say.
Speaker 8: Wing Stop started selling chicken thighs, and then after the chicken thigh movement disappeared, wing Stop then starts to sell wings. So my conspiracy is about seventy five percent, at least seventy five percent of the chicken wings sold in the US since twenty twenty have not been that of the wings of a chicken, because a lot of them no longer say chicken wings. They just say wings.
Speaker 2: Whoa wait, So what what's the wing? Wing of what? Yeah? The wing of what he's putting that on? Oh that's he's Look man, I'm not a scientist, but you are.
Speaker 3: I also love the chicken thigh movement.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the chicken thigh movement. I think the primary issue with this caller is that ninety percent of their meals are at wingstop.
Speaker 2: Let's go. He didn't know it.
Speaker 4: That is a crazy thing to notice. He's like, notice they stopped saying chicken wings. I'm like, no, I didn't.
Speaker 2: Stop. Stop.
Speaker 1: I think you need to take it up with Rick Ross Oross the box.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you what the fuck is going on there? Yeah, I don't.
Speaker 8: I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't know if it's called chicken or not chicken. Just uh, just be eating it.
Speaker 1: I look at labels, so I do, and I would encourage everyone to go to the grocery store and cook a meal.
Speaker 2: Was the last time you had some chicken wings two.
Speaker 1: Days ago and made them chicken wings?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Okay, what do you buy?
Speaker 3: Like a bag full of bagful of d get backful of drumats?
Speaker 1: Yeah, like Trader Joe's or like Whole Foods unfortunately sometimes Yeah.
Speaker 2: I try not to go to anywhere Amazon own. But you know what I mean? Now, do shut the up? Shut the fuck up. Do any of us know for sure why that wing shortage happened? What was the cause of the wings short No? I don't know.
Speaker 4: I just I remember feverishly texting with a friend of mine, like we are.
Speaker 1: I thought it was something about actually just the logistics of like getting a farmer's getting produced to places without touching anyone. I think it was like a COVID lag of just logistics and everything, like breaking down the chicken that cluse that like, even though it was I'm sure it's wildly mechanized at this point, but I think it was just logistics of I think also birds were getting COVID, were they not?
Speaker 2: It says it was largely a supply chain labor issue, a weather events national brand that they're listing other possible causes, but I think it was supply chain shit.
Speaker 4: I will say to put my tinfoil hat on. There was a lot of wild chicken moves during COVID.
Speaker 2: Chicken.
Speaker 3: Chicken was moving funny.
Speaker 2: The thigh movement.
Speaker 3: What was that all about?
Speaker 2: Yeah, the Popeye chicken sandwich.
Speaker 4: I'm saying chicken was moving goofy chickens.
Speaker 2: COVID. Chicken was moving.
Speaker 1: Goofy before COVID though, the Popeye sandwich line, what the fuck was that?
Speaker 2: That was COVID? That was that was people were getting in line during COVID. That's why it was so crazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I blocked a lot of that out, like the Smiths stuff.
Speaker 2: I think. I think I think in my most dark times and my most optimistic, I go, they were giving us a reason to keep wanting to live and that, Yeah, I think I think that's how little that dark. Yeah, I think they were like, give the animals something to celebrate. They're going through a lot right now.
Speaker 1: Wow, Okay, I don't have it's like that's.
Speaker 2: The thought you.
Speaker 7: I'm just sad now a lot today.
Speaker 4: At least I know we learned that we're going to move a little differently through this world. Yes, and I'm thankful for you to you forgive me.
Speaker 1: You know, take up space, punch of White Lady.
Speaker 10: Not me.
Speaker 1: But yeah, yeah, we can do to emotional violence at least I do, not physical.
Speaker 2: And we're learning, you know, we're learning, yeah, living and learning. Likely. Could you tell the people where they can find you and you.
Speaker 1: Can find me at blakely Thornton on Instagram and TikTok and also the Yesterdays podcast out every Tuesday on Podcasts One with Justin Sylvester and then soon to be on a show called Running Dialogue, which is like hot ones in a treadmill where I ask you questions.
Speaker 2: If you don't answer, we speed up.
Speaker 3: WHOA it's hard hitting question.
Speaker 2: M hm. So you know you can answer. We can, we can, we can die, we can go all right? You know.
Speaker 4: Boy, what you got you will catch me. Not on the treadmill. I'm running from my own past. Uh No, I don't have anything crazy, just my special berth of a nation Patreon dot com, back slash David Bory and that's that's good for now.
Speaker 2: You can follow me on liston Kerman on all social media platforms. If you want to send us your own drops conspiracy theories, if you want to tell us which nurse youth bunched, send it all to Mamma pod at gmail dot com. We would love to hear from you. Give us a call at A four to four Little Moms. We love these voicemails and I would like subscribe, rate, review, do all the things you're supposed to do to make a podcast popular. We love you so much. By bitch.
Speaker 1: People who were in slavery wish that they had curveside service at Applebee's.
Speaker 2: My Mama Told Me is a production of Will Ferrell's Big Money Players Network and iHeart podcast creet It and hosted by Langston Krek, co hosted by David Bori.
Speaker 4: Executive produced by Will Ferrell, Hansani and Olivia Akilon.
Speaker 2: Co produced by Bee Wayne.
Speaker 4: Edited and engineered by Justin Kopfon music by Nick Chambers.
Speaker 2: Artwork by Dogon Kreega. You can now watch episodes of My Mama Told Me on YouTube. Follow at My Mama Told Me and subscribe to our channel.
Speaker 8: It