Speaker 1: I Am all in again.
Speaker 2: Gilmore Girls Gazette with Amy Sugarman and Danielle Romo, an iHeart radio podcast. It's time for Gilma Girls Gazette. Baby, we are here, we are live, we are all the things on This.
Speaker 1: My favorite times of the week. It's one of my favorite times of the week. And I have so many exciting things to tell you because I'm sort of a part of a story that we're going to do.
Speaker 2: Oh, let's start there.
Speaker 1: Really, I was gonna, are you sure you don't want to start with John?
Speaker 2: I don't. I'm sick of John him in the news too much, too much, too much? What about Sutton Foster and the same thing. I can't. I can't. My my brain can only stomach another.
Speaker 3: All of it.
Speaker 1: For people listening that are like I need the Sutton Foster and the John Hamm. We'll get to it, but first I went, Okay, so here's my Gilmore Girl's connection. It's a stretch, it's still good. I went to the James Taylor concert on Friday, and James Taylor sang many a tune and tunes written by Carole King, who obviously wrote Where You Lead, I Will Follow, YadA, YadA, He doesn't sing that song in his concerts, but he sings.
Speaker 2: Up on the roof outde.
Speaker 1: You've got a friend, You got a friend.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So he even tells stories about Carol King. He talks about I think they did the Troubadour together back in the.
Speaker 2: Day in nineteen seventy. That's when they first performed together.
Speaker 1: Excuse you and your fast.
Speaker 2: I mean I got to pan it to quick with the Google finger mark and who is you know? Very very nicely put that note on our own producer.
Speaker 1: So yeah, So I went to the concert, which was amazing in Palo Alto, California. Stanford, not Yale.
Speaker 2: That would have been crazy, not Yale.
Speaker 1: But yeah, Carol can get many a shout out.
Speaker 2: Was it a good concert?
Speaker 1: Was it a good concert? Come on, it's Jerry Tuncler. Yes, awesome. I was like the youngest one. That's what I love about James Taylor concerts in general. I'm in the younger set at a James Taylor concert, so I feel really good. Look at that beautiful glass you're drinking. Is that coffee or hot cocoa?
Speaker 2: I wish it was hot coco. No, no, no, no, I need that.
Speaker 1: Are you coffee? Coffee, coffee I am.
Speaker 3: I am coffee, coffee, coffee, coffee, coffee, coffee, coffee. I am so lorela when it comes to coffee, I need it to function. Oh my dog, I needed to function, I needed to be alive. So the answer is, yes, it's coffee.
Speaker 1: You know, I've never had a cup of cop coffee. That is crazy, I know. I think I talked about that before. I've never had any I never really even had a sip of coffee, but I have had coffee ice cream.
Speaker 2: Question do you drink soa like? Have you ever haad soda?
Speaker 1: I used to drink soda. I quit, you know that. My only do you want to My drinking advice was coke.
Speaker 2: Like back in the day, oh.
Speaker 1: So a baud In college, I would wake up and start drinking coke. Oh so gross, amazing but gross. Although I was jealous speaking of the James Sailor concert is my two friends got cokes.
Speaker 2: And you would and you would refuse to drink it at this point in your life because it would spiral you back.
Speaker 1: I don't do soda. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, I don't do soda anymore. It made me jittery. Back to back to the show. There was something I wanted to ask you about. Coffee.
Speaker 2: Coffee, coffee, I do I make my coffee?
Speaker 1: Yeah, tell me again. I think we've done this game, but I do a little bit of a don't tune out. We've got a lot of stories just for you. I feel all going, maybe I want to this is a great Yeah, yet don't do it.
Speaker 2: It's gonna get real good.
Speaker 1: It's gonna get real good, real soon.
Speaker 2: I'll go quick. A little bit of a gave at the bottom.
Speaker 1: And oh my god, oh my god.
Speaker 2: Almond milk coffee. That's it.
Speaker 1: First of all, I'm sorry, you look like that's like so obvious. What agave cinnamon? And what did you say?
Speaker 2: Milk and almond milk?
Speaker 1: Wow? I can't. I can't really have milk. I can't have almond milk. It all just kind of makes my stomach feel weird. My drink is water. That's all I can drink these days.
Speaker 2: Do you not eat cereal?
Speaker 1: I wish I did. I can't have milk, and then almond milk started to make me kind of have a tummy ache too, So I just drink water and I eat my cereal dry. I love cheerios, just dry.
Speaker 2: Drink.
Speaker 1: I miss I miss cereal so much. Watch maybe somebody. That's what I was going to ask. If anybody really thinks that works, please let me know. Enough about coffee talk. You want John Hammer, Hugh Jackman.
Speaker 2: And they're painful.
Speaker 1: Let's just they're painful. They're not pain.
Speaker 2: Sorry for the people listening, they're like, No, there's.
Speaker 1: What I'm gonna say about Sun and Foster. I think we have more fake photos. Like when I say fake, I don't mean fake. The photos are real, but they.
Speaker 2: Are perfectly tailored in. Her hair is perfect on her face. Her handbag is matching. Want to get the gia and the shoes?
Speaker 1: Do you want to know the giveaway for me?
Speaker 2: The branded bag?
Speaker 1: The People Magazine exclusive.
Speaker 2: Oh, the People magazine every time?
Speaker 1: The photos are People Magazine Exclusive. Yeah. What's his bag say? Is he doing an ad?
Speaker 2: It says something Planet and I thought it was maybe the name of his Broadway play, but.
Speaker 1: It's not Tower, the Planet something.
Speaker 2: Everything is like perfectly facing. The bag is in the front, his bag is showing the text on the thing.
Speaker 1: She's smiling.
Speaker 2: They're holding hands, perfectly ironed, his pants perfectly ironed. Her hair is perfectly laid on her beautiful blue dress with her Gucci slides.
Speaker 1: I'm totally fine with them. I am completely fine with them being together. So just let the paparazzi catch you. Like, I don't need these set up photos to remind me there together or what.
Speaker 2: I need to know? Who Hugh and Set and Foster a friends with that people magazine that literally want this all the time.
Speaker 1: Well, we're talking about it.
Speaker 2: Oh good lord. I'm happy for you. I'm happy that you guys are happy. I'm happy that you is, you know, starring in an off Broadway play, and I'm happy that they're laughing in New York City holding hands walking down the street.
Speaker 1: Me about it too, But I want to see the real. Paparazzi photos make you look not great.
Speaker 2: Like where you're like, Oh, the hair is in a messy bun.
Speaker 1: Give me the stars are like us.
Speaker 2: You have coffee spilled on your shirt, Like, that's what I want to see.
Speaker 1: That is way too much the setup photo, way too much. I don't want to sound mean. I agree. I know we do sound mean.
Speaker 2: We do sound mean, and we do we do mean.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we acknowledge it, but we're finding it to be slightly irritating that the photos are always set up, and they are because people magazine always gets the right to them that that's not This is not jiving with me. So it feels a little sussy. Feels a little sussy.
Speaker 2: I agree.
Speaker 1: It feels like, oh, we've been photographed in a while. People want to know if we're still together. We better do a photo shoot.
Speaker 2: We have in the press lately, plent of photo.
Speaker 1: It's so true.
Speaker 2: Uh, it reeks of I'm having a closing week of my show coming up in June.
Speaker 4: Get the tickets away, totally like, guys, I'm sorry, but these are not candidly captured by oparazzi hiding behind me.
Speaker 2: You know what, I'm gonna say something nice. They both look incredible.
Speaker 1: They look great.
Speaker 2: Both, they look great, beautiful.
Speaker 1: I'm totally down. It just seems like they're acting these photos. I think they're real, right, I think that they're fully together. It's all great, But why the faky photos? Just host something on Instagram? Give me the beach shot. I don't care.
Speaker 2: I'm not this all right, Well, give me the John hamm that you Okay, So.
Speaker 1: I've got some John ham stuff. Here's what I'm gonna say, first of all, if you're not watching Friends and Neighbors, you should be, truly should be, like it's so good that like I think it drops on Fridays and I'm waiting for it. Daniel's got some sort of happened because she's looking out. Do you want to keep going? I'll go, I'll go.
Speaker 2: I'll just keep going going.
Speaker 1: I'll totally talk while you're going. She's got some situation and I so stay tuned to see what it is. Nobody move, But I'm gonna talk about John Hamm in that I found his dating game photo. I mean photo. Excuse me, I found his dating game video. So years ago he was on the Dating Game and or I don't know if it was officially called the Dating Game. It was some nineties dating show. And he's not the John Hamm we know now he's okay again, we're mean today. I don't know why today we're mean because John Hamm is smoking hot. I love his show, but.
Speaker 2: He's kind of dorky on the dating that gets there.
Speaker 1: Did you you like that hair? I like that hair, long hair. Watch the video? Did you watch the video?
Speaker 2: I didn't, I'm sorry I didn't.
Speaker 1: It was a show called the big date he was doing. He says, we're going to have some fabulous something and some fabulousness and just a lot of fabulosity. And I was just like, ooh, bringey, I'm not picking you, even though you're going to be John Hamm one day. Not start off with some fabulous food, a fabulous conversation, a fabulous foot massage for a total evening of fabulosity. First of all, no, if it's a first date.
Speaker 2: I would be signing up.
Speaker 1: But the foot message on a first date creepy.
Speaker 2: I love a foot massage. I wouldn't pass it up if a stranger er you When you go to the nasalon and you get a foot massage so much do you know the person?
Speaker 1: I know them all because I go. There's so much and I love them all. I consider them my friends.
Speaker 2: But at one point I have my regular spot. At one point they were a stranger and you let them massage your feet?
Speaker 1: Do you want me? Okay, you guys?
Speaker 2: True?
Speaker 1: Yeah, But I trusted them because my friend Molly told me that they were totally good. So it was like, by the time I went there the first time, Molly already said it was good, and I went with her let me tell you something that used to happen to me, and guys, I'm being vulnerable, So try not to be mean because I know we've already been mean and we deserve some mean comments. When I started getting pedicures, which was about one year ago, that was when I started. I understand, I'm fifty one, probably should have discovered it soon. I used to cry. I couldn't help it. They would give me the pedicure and massage my feet and I would cry like a baby because I had so much anxiety. Not a tough time, Danielle. This job is. But wait what because it was a release. I would go in there and they'd massage my feet and suddenly it would be cry, cry, and they just kind of dealt with it. They were a little freaked out, I think at first, and then they got used to it and then they're like, they massaged it out of me.
Speaker 2: That's amazing. Yeah, so you know you're stress in your feet my whole body. No, but but the feet is.
Speaker 1: Like feat sure neck for me.
Speaker 2: It's like my neck to my shoulders is where every like you know when I'm stressed, because I just walk around, are you guys?
Speaker 1: When we get stressed out. We sometimes shoulders are connected to our ears. Why do people listen to this? I don't know why because it's bad? You know what?
Speaker 2: Because it too?
Speaker 1: But I don't know. Either we're really good or were really bad.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I think we're entertaining.
Speaker 1: I did too. People had thoughts about last week and the why did she name her kid lore Lie?
Speaker 2: I know, I was a big debate.
Speaker 1: And we messed up. Although I think I flagged it. I said, ah, they referenced this. I just forgot that it was because she was on the demarroll and.
Speaker 2: People were really there was one person And then a lot of people commented after that they did not like my connection that lore Lie is Logan and vice versa. Oh, they do not like that.
Speaker 1: See, I think Christopher is Logan.
Speaker 2: Interesting. I don't know. I just I just find the parallels between the two of them so strong to each their own. We all watch a different.
Speaker 1: Beauty of the show. That's the beauty of the show. That's the beauty of shows like this Handmade's Tale, Gilmore Girls, you know, the Last of Us, Walking Dead. It's up. You can determine what you need to determine, you make what you take from it what you need to take from it.
Speaker 2: There was somebody that said it doesn't seattle.
Speaker 1: I got a lot of thoughts.
Speaker 2: There was somebody and I don't know how I felt about this. Oh no, there's somebody that said that Digger was the healthiest relationship Laura I ever had. What is your take on that?
Speaker 1: It had its issues? That's what I'm going to say it.
Speaker 2: I thought it was bad.
Speaker 1: I don't think it was all bad, but it had its issues. Like works for the dad, It's just a mess she MESSYLI.
Speaker 2: She messy, messy girl.
Speaker 1: Messy in Parenthood tune and on Saturday because wowsa, wowsa, wowsa. Okay, what do we want to talk about next? What's our next favorite story?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Oh my god?
Speaker 2: Oh huh.
Speaker 1: They finished Nobody wants to season two. It's wrapped. I mean, I don't know when we're getting now, but it.
Speaker 2: Can see one more one more thing about the Laura Lai named the.
Speaker 1: Podcas We don't have to be going order here. We jump around. We jump around like frogs.
Speaker 2: There was one person that is putting like a twist on the question that we asked, and she said the fact that Laura is named after her grandmother, the woman Emily could not stand, have an impact on the relationship between Emily and Lurlai. I've never thought about that. And tell these questions about me, what do you think I find it.
Speaker 5: Hard assessing that I find it hard to be so have such a strain with your child because they're named after somebody you don't like.
Speaker 1: It's crazy that she agreed to it, that Emily agreed.
Speaker 2: But there is a weird constant like reminder every time.
Speaker 1: It's like, mister Gilmour loved his mother, so obviously he convinced Emily to name their daughter Lorli. But if I were Emily, I think I would have said absolutely not.
Speaker 2: Yeah, here's a good example. Right now, we're going through names on like, trying to figure out names that we like for this baby.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that I outed. Everybody's talking about that by the way, that I that I let the cat roaming everybody.
Speaker 2: Okay, so there's one name that I really really like, oh yeah, yeah yeah, And my husband goes, I can't. I'm like why, He's like, I just know somebody name that. Yeah I don't like that person.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like that can put a real damper on it.
Speaker 2: So I kind of see both sides to the to the question.
Speaker 1: Because you're trying to pivot the name maybe too like if you if you you know one bad low LII, but you won't know one amazing lower lie. Ye know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Well, that such an uncommon name though, so.
Speaker 1: A Rose by any other name. I'm trying to segue to our Rose Abdu story.
Speaker 2: Oh we all want to be Rose ab Do.
Speaker 1: Uh, let's talk about it. Guys. Are Rose Are? Rose is in a hugging photo with George Clooney?
Speaker 2: Can you explain? She said in her caption.
Speaker 1: How are they that?
Speaker 2: It was like a reunion or whatever? And so I am like, what movie did they work in?
Speaker 1: Let's figure that out. Let's be detectives. Let's figure out what project. Somebody help us out. What project did Rose ab Do and George Clooney do together? This shouldn't be hard, miss Google fingers, just google the two names, because.
Speaker 2: Here's the thing. They are not like er like stage photo.
Speaker 3: They are close, correct, there is a selfie, There is love present.
Speaker 1: They are their pals, her erect and he is fully know each other.
Speaker 2: Yeah they are friends and so good night and good Oh.
Speaker 1: But that's what he's doing. Were they in it together? He's on Broadway doing good Night and good Luck? Is she in it? No? It was a film from two thousand and five. Well, oh, now I got it. I remember that. I never saw it. Are you gonna watch it? You know you can watch his play on CNN. CNN is going to be airing his play. Alex Gorstein was also in it. Welcome to the Gilmer Girls Connections, George Clooney. I thought you just had Facts of Life connections. Do you know Facts of Life?
Speaker 2: I mean to take the good you take good you do in that film.
Speaker 1: I don't know. That's what I assume. That's what Emma said. She not is wow. Yeah, let me give you all the George Clooney stuff. I want to talk about. Number One. CNN's going to air the Broadway show good Night and good Luck, So if you can't make it to New York, you can watch it on CNN. Not sure of the date of that. Number Two, George Clooney was in Facts of Life. So Facts of Life was a show in the eighties that was really really good and it was about a girls, like they went to boarding school and then they grow up and they graduate and they live in this store run by Missus Garrett, and then George Clooney started to work there. This is pre ER. This is pre George Clooney being George Clooney. Then Er. I know we've discussed Er. Have you reconsidered starting it?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: No, so you just did?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Did you watch the Pit?
Speaker 2: I have not?
Speaker 1: Do you not like medical shows? I love medical shows.
Speaker 2: I've never seen an episode of Grey's Anatomy. I've never seen an episode.
Speaker 1: I know, I know you've never seen one episode of Gray's Anatomy.
Speaker 2: I haven't seen an episode of The Resident. I haven't seen er. Oh my god.
Speaker 1: This is something we're gonna address on our new podcast called Listen if you want To, and we're gonna do it whole day on medical shows, and we're just gonna help Danielle fall in love with the medical shows. It'd be really fun if you'd watch Gray's, Er, The Resident, Chicago Med, handful of others and tell me of twenty like the best. I'm not even sure I could answer that question. It's like it's like Christmas. I couldn't pick a favorite favorite gift.
Speaker 2: Many who rose ab do lots of cred, lots of cred. Oh, she had it before, but she has it now because she is legit. BFFs with the man, the one in and Only, George mister Clooney, good Old Rose.
Speaker 1: By the way, shout out to Scott Patterson because one of our listeners talked about how great Sullivan's Crossing is. Yeah, and season three Sullivan's Crossing premiered May fourteenth on the CW, So tune in you can.
Speaker 2: Get to see good old Chad, Michael Murray, Scott are very on Scott or.
Speaker 1: Some funny social media stuff right now. First of all, do you hear that when I say social media sometimes a whistles? Can you hear that social sometimes? I think I just got to go whistle coming out. I'm just telling you guys, this is just stuff you need to know. But you need to know Chad Michael Murray's been doing some funny social media for Freaky Friday or whatever it's called pretty what's it called for?
Speaker 2: Here Friday?
Speaker 1: Freak here Friday. Also speaking of me laughing, Jamie Lee Curtis was doing an interview I think on CBS, and you know, she's very outspoken about being sober that she was. I don't I don't want to say alcoholic because maybe she just had issues with alcohol.
Speaker 2: That she's sober and she's very open.
Speaker 1: I've spoken about it. So the reporter interviewer nice lady asked her, you know, did you have worries about you? Guys got to watch this quip about being so outspoken about you know, alcohol and it affecting your career, and she goes as much more concerned about advertising a yogurt that makes you goop.
Speaker 2: I can't even understand what you're saying.
Speaker 1: Is worth concerned about advertising for a yogurt that makes you go poop? She did, like so many commercials, what was that yogurt? And the lady laughed something like that, and I was like, I bow down to Jamie Lee Kreta. She's so Legit is.
Speaker 2: That Tivia a yogurt?
Speaker 1: It is?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it makes you go probiotic yogurt we hold often. You missed one very important line I did.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry?
Speaker 2: And how dare you? How dare you diss Adam Brodie in this way? It's about him and about it. Nobody wants this. She's a two has rough filming, which means we're gonna get it, probably.
Speaker 1: This fall y'all, I worry about you.
Speaker 2: You said that. When did you say that? Was I getting the thing outside?
Speaker 1: Maybe what happens is your brain is thinking so.
Speaker 2: Much, is doing the other thing?
Speaker 1: Yeah, because I want to not worry about you. But this is the second time this is not It's okay. Pregnancy, brain, menopause and pregnancy. That should be our show if it wasn't called listening. And because between the two of us we don't have even one brain. It's like the inability to find words is strong.
Speaker 2: And you talk to aut Lamemester's character not no, no, no, you can do that part.
Speaker 1: I only just said it's coming soon. I don't know when.
Speaker 2: Coming soon. We don't know when. But we get a little bit more about her character.
Speaker 1: What is it? She's like a villain.
Speaker 2: It doesn't really it doesn't really say that. Outside of that, she will play Joanne, who is uh not Kristen Bell but just Justine Loope character so cool, her high school nemesis, which we discussed.
Speaker 1: Before jet Yeah.
Speaker 2: Jit, but Foster said that, Aaron Foster said that we came up with such a fun character. We went to Adam first, what do you think of this idea? And he said, I think she'd be so great at it. Do it? Ask her and she was so game and so excited. She's an underrated comedian, so I'm assuming her character is going to be kind of funny, quirky something something something, But allegedly we should expect some subtle nod nods to Adam and Lane's off off screen relationship too, cute some scenes that require them to act together. So that's kind of fun.
Speaker 1: I'm totally and I liked that show. You know what. This is so random and I don't know why this is make me think of it, Probably because Adam birdy' is the rabbi. You know. It's a real cute movie. Is the Adam Sandler movie with his whole fan land. It about the bot Mitzvah. Can't remember what it's called, but it's Adam Sandler and his kids are in it and his wife is in it and they're trying to plan the daughter's bot mitzvah. Very cute, funny movie. Give it, give it a watch, Netflix or whatever. And that's the news.
Speaker 2: And that's the news. Hey, everybody, don't forget Follow us on Instagram at I Am all In podcast and email us at Gilmore at iHeartRadio dot com,