Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty.
Speaker 2: Armstrong and Jettie and he Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 3: The President's been posting some images of Leader Jefferies and Senator Schumer. You've said that you're interested in good faith negotiations with these leaders, But you know what message does that send? Is it helpful to post pictures of Leader Jefferies and sombrero if you're trying to have good faith talks with him?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 5: I think it's funny. The President's joking and we're having a good time. You can negotiate in good faith while also poking a little bit of fun at some of the absurdities of the Democrats' positions, and even you know, poking some fun at the absurdity of the Democrats themselves and telling Jeffries right now.
Speaker 4: I like, I just like the reporter asking the question, is it helpful to post pictures of Hakeem Jeffreys and a sombre?
Speaker 2: What a funny question with.
Speaker 1: That serious vine exactly negotiating just asn't aside. JD e Vance rama Manuel, that's your twenty twenty eight race boy.
Speaker 2: That'll be some good debating right there.
Speaker 1: Ram's got an editorial out today in the Wall Street Journal and it's probably the other places too, in one version or another. And it's about the state of education in America, and it's like I co wrote it. It's it's very common sense. A moderate democraty he sees steering hard in that direction.
Speaker 2: Should be interesting to watch.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't want we don't have to go too far down this road right now. But Rama Manuel is a Democrat who's got the guts and I think the wisdom to just stiff farm that AOC crowd. I don't care what you think. There aren't enough for you to have an effect on me.
Speaker 1: And he's more policies don't work, and he has the balls to say it well, and.
Speaker 2: He just realizes that they're not near as big.
Speaker 1: A deal as right. And he is, like JD. Vance, a very good verbal swordsman, very skilled. So again, cut off his fings blnny of time to look forward to that though, cut off his finger working at Army's.
Speaker 2: That's my favorite part of the Rama manual story. Hey, he goes full in when he's going to do a job.
Speaker 4: Yeah, huh, this is getting a fair amount of attention. I suppose we should pile on investigative reporting uncovering that Biden was using note carbs with names and photos of Democrats that he knows whenever he was going to do a public event. So it's it's perfectly common to you know, I would love if we had, you know, the money, to have an advanced team to do this for us. If you're going to walk into a room and there's going to be some people that you don't necessarily know, and you got a little card in your hand that says it's Jim Johnson from you know, Home Gardening, and you met him last year at the Christmas party.
Speaker 2: And I'd look at that and think, oh yeah, ah yeah, remember the Christmas party. That was a good time. Huh.
Speaker 1: And he grew up like four towns away from you. You talked about that last year. That'd be super healthful.
Speaker 4: So not only did Joe Biden have those cards for people he didn't know, he had them for people he did know, including the name and photo of say, former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton.
Speaker 2: That's what it's set on the cord. Actually, what's set on the card? I said, Hey, esther I.
Speaker 1: Mean there's people you know, then there's household name, right, how about Barack Obama?
Speaker 2: Could he recognize him?
Speaker 4: Five different palm cards, which are hand sized note cards frequently used by politicians for quick reminders or talking points during public events, especially when on the campaign trail, were uncovered admitted an investigation of the National Archive documents at something.
Speaker 2: This had to go into the National.
Speaker 4: Archives because in theory, we're supposed to save every shred of paper that a president ever has for anything is supposed to go into their presidential library. And yeah, I'm surprised somebody didn't destroy these. Beyond the scenes, I can barely keep up with them.
Speaker 2: Is this? This is the best Joe Biden ever? You don't like it?
Speaker 3: Have you?
Speaker 4: It's unclear if Biden actually relied on these cards during the various public events. That doesn't really matter. That doesn't really matter the fact that his people thought that he needed to. Clinton was among a handful of Americans who received a Presidential Medal of Freedom, and so he was doing that little you know, get together with all the people lined up, and it had to palm cards for different people that I'm sure he needed the palm card for, and that makes sense.
Speaker 2: Where's Jackie, Dude, Jackie, you're here? Where's Jackie?
Speaker 4: But one of that she was dead and he had talked with Scott sir, and she he had talked to her husband like a week before or something like that. Uh, that story, you remember. One of the palm cards obtained reads Presidential Medal of Freedom recipients and was followed by photos and short biographies of the recipients, including a photo of Hillary Clinton and a short note detailing she was the secretary of State in the Obama and Biden administration. Huh secretary of state when you were vice president?
Speaker 2: Oh right, yeah, Hillary right.
Speaker 4: Another note card for a recipient included a photo of Hollywood actor Denzel Washington, who also received the award, saying he's a famous actor.
Speaker 1: It set on the card, Yes he is thereby making us wonder why you need the car, you know, speaking to Hillary. It might have been on Brett Paar last night, I can't remember, but they're shown Hillary back in the day angrily stating that government healthcare money should absolutely not go to illegal immigrants because that'llllure even more people across the border. It's the last thing we ought to do, said the Democrat who whose policies are now unrecognizable.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't know if we've had this clip this week, we probably ought to get it.
Speaker 2: If we didn't.
Speaker 4: Rocana, congress Person of California, kind of slipped over the weekend in one of the talk shows and basically said, yes, this would allow some taxpayer money to go to healthcare for illegals. But it's a tiny amount of money in the overall scheme of things, So it's to make that the hang up is just ridiculous.
Speaker 1: Uh yeah, okay, so vote in the shutdown then fine.
Speaker 4: It's a it's the it's not the amount of money necessarily, it's the fact that we're doing it, and it always these things always grow.
Speaker 2: That's the prime. Well, and the funny part of his argument is that.
Speaker 1: Spending the money is no big deal, So why are you why is.
Speaker 2: The comment shutdown? All right? Then? Roe?
Speaker 1: Not spending the money is no big deal either, right as well?
Speaker 2: So what are we doing here? Excellent point. Bit y' all know what's happening.
Speaker 1: Chuck Schumer is gonna get primaried by AOC, so he wants the left to see him.
Speaker 2: I'm a fighter, I'm an eighty year old fighter.
Speaker 4: Well, anybody who listened to NPR yesterday speaking of that sort of argument. NPR yesterday constantly throughout this is the first day an NPR's history that we've had to broadcast without federal funding, so.
Speaker 2: Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.
Speaker 1: And exactly, and the argument was always it's not that much money that we receive.
Speaker 2: Okay, then don't get it. If it doesn't matter that much, how about we just stop it, which we did. What do we talk to You can't have it both ways.
Speaker 4: You can't claim it's really not that important to us, so it's not that big a deal.
Speaker 2: Okay, fine, then let's shut it off.
Speaker 1: And it is a disaster that threatens all that is holy that that money has been without.
Speaker 4: But their promos and NPR also included a lot of comments like critics claim NPR is a partisan news outfit, which NPR says is not true and we have seen no evidence of and like.
Speaker 2: Oh are you staying corrected? Hilarious, very very hilarious.
Speaker 4: And how it's gonna be They're going to lead to layoffs and NPR stations. Ooh, now you might not know this since you're not in the radio industry. But the radio industry has been devastated with layoffs over the last twenty years, but they continue year by year by year because of the changing media structure. So the fact that NPR would have to lay off some people, ooh, that really really hurts. So many people have left radio stations I've worked for in my lifetime to go to NPR because they pay so much more. The radio station that doesn't need advertisers because they get tax money, it pays a lot more. How are you support I'm supposed to open a radio station as a tax paying citizen and compete with the government radio station for talent. That's fantastic, right, right, And they never downsize their local radio ranch might have gone from one hundred and twenty employees to twenty in the last decade legitimately, but NPR has to lay off one or two people conceivably, and they act like it's the apocalypse. Please, this is a first day in NPR's history of broadcasting without federal funding.
Speaker 2: But we will continue to try to bring you the truth.
Speaker 4: And then they run all this promost with listeners calling in saying I'm just glad that there's somebody out there that doesn't have any spin or lies, someplace I can go to get the real story.
Speaker 2: You've got to be kidding me. You're fool absolute fool.
Speaker 5: Oh.
Speaker 2: That reminds me a little later on the show.
Speaker 1: Really interesting study of media bubbles in what they look like.
Speaker 2: It's a Charlie Kirk thing.
Speaker 1: It's we're gonna stand back like Jane Goodall did and observe the chimps in their natural.
Speaker 2: Habitat wow, describe their behaviors.
Speaker 4: Nice job of working in a celebrity death, although she kind of did what what I was talking about with Robert Redford. She outlived her her peak moment to be to get the real, the real good treatment from your death.
Speaker 2: So I don't understand that.
Speaker 1: So what do you suggest she do hurt herself off a cliffl She's in her prime.
Speaker 2: No, but if you get.
Speaker 4: Better media, if you live long enough, people don't remember your big moment, which was like in the eighties.
Speaker 1: Really yeah, she's a pretty big presence on the scene for a long time. Again, this anti Jane Goodall rhetoric, where does it come from? What did what happened?
Speaker 2: Did she throw her poo at you? Or something. Chimplanke, I don't understand Again.
Speaker 4: When the news broke yesterday, I thought the monkeys finally got to her, But that's not happened.
Speaker 1: Why hey, Prize Picks is the best way to get in on exciting fantasy sports action. Prize Picks is the best way to cash in on the baseball playoffs, for instance, or your favorite football team, which players are going to go off, which ones are over hyped? Make your picks in less than sixty seconds, turn your takes into cash.
Speaker 2: All season long on prize packs.
Speaker 4: For instance, Josh Allen, the amazing stud for the Buffalo Bills more or less than two hundred and seventy pass yards. You picked more or less, you got your opinions. You can turn them into cash with Prize Picks. It's the easiest way to do it. Join millions of users and sign up for America's number one fantasy sports appened so easy. Just download the Prize Picks app today and use a coat armstrong. You get fifty dollars in the lineups after you play your first five dollars lineup.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 1: Prize Picks puts their users first, so withdrawals are fast and secure. And they protect your data like crazy. Once again. Download the prize picks up today. Use that coat Armstrong. You get fifty dollars in lineups after you play your first five dollars lineup.
Speaker 2: It's automatic. You don't have to win, you just get it prize picks. It's good to be right.
Speaker 4: Slide a little card in his hand that says Jill Biden. She's your wife. You sleep next to her in bed for the last forty years. She has a fake degree. People call her doctor for some reason. That other guy, the other guy with the crooked jaw, his hunter Biden is your crack addicted son. It's caused you many problems throughout the years. Just have this little note card in case you need it. Wow, we got more on the way. Stay here from Mason Miller. About as fast as a human being has ever thrown a baseball.
Speaker 2: And look it's not just a veloci. I mean one don't force. But look at the placement of it. I mean you couldn't walk up there. It any better than that one oh four.
Speaker 4: Uh yeah, that's fastest pitch of the year in Padre's game last night.
Speaker 2: And got to move the mound back.
Speaker 4: Come on, all the series, except for Dodgers had gone to Game three winner go home today. That's exciting baseball.
Speaker 2: One O four.
Speaker 4: So what I thought was interesting about that, I've never I have no idea what that would look like standing at the plate one hundred and four mile an hour fastball, but it looked to me like just observing it, it looked faster than like the ninety eight mile an hour fastball. It's like it looked faster just watching it on TV. Yeah, so I'm wondering, wow, can you even see anything?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: You see, it leaves hand and your brain can predict where it's going more or less, and you start your swing. But that's again and the I remember talking about this months ago, but the number of pitches over one hundred miles per hour went from like seven five years ago to one hundred and seventy five. Really, guys are just throwing harder and harder, and they're ruining their arms and then getting Tommy John surgery. But uh, yeah, I don't I don't know where baseball goes. I mean because at the point if somebody starts throwing at one ten, well what are we even doing here? I mean, you're gonna have to send guys up to a bat with those You remember the big orange bat that little kids play with.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the bats are gonna be have to shape like that to be able to hit the ball. Or catchers refuse to catch the ball.
Speaker 2: Here, you're killing me. Uh oh yeah yeah, nomps please.
Speaker 4: Well, they're talking about the game last night, and this is getting a little sports see beut a game last night.
Speaker 2: The average.
Speaker 4: National League batting average this year was two forty five, which is really low historically. Like the pitchers are, you know, are winning the day right now? Your average Major league hitter HiT's two forty five. Yeah, it's usually been hard enough offense.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly. I want to hear charming Jane Goodall tail that's the monkey lady that died yesterday.
Speaker 1: They're chimps or apes. But I'm sat along by Mike the attorney from Chicago. I love this and I remember this happening at the time. Do you remember when the brilliant Far Side comic was Yeah, it was current and Gary Larson just everybody loved the Far Side. Yeah, oh my gosh. Anyway, one of the Far Side comics was a lady chimp and a male chimp, and the lady looks at the mail chimp and sees a blonde hair on him and says, you've been tramping around with that Jane Goodall, haven't you well? And it was hilarious, but the Jane Goodall Foundation went ape poo over it.
Speaker 2: Really that's right.
Speaker 1: But then she herself weighed in and said, no, that's hilarious, and Gary Larson went to visit her sanctuary and donated to her foundation. Goodness, but yeah, yeah, yeah, So organizations in general, bureaucracies.
Speaker 2: Are are just they're not nice people, you know.
Speaker 4: So you gotta admit I've never paid attention to the Jane Goodall story. I knew she did something with almost gosh, I have since I was a little kid. Well, good then you're the perfect person to ask. I knew she did something with monkeys, and then they made a movie about it apes with Yes, Meryl Street played her in the movie, and that was a really big deal. Gorillas in the miss. So what did Jane Goodall do that made her famous? She was, And interestingly, she was not a trained scientist. She was an employee of a scientist who wanted some observations and data, and so he sent her and her mom out into the mountains of Uganda. I think it was one of your African countries that are you know, rich with chimps anyway, just to see if she could observe their behavior in the wild. And so she went out there and camped for weeks and weeks and weeks before she ever encountered any of them, but then finally figured.
Speaker 2: Out where they hung out.
Speaker 1: They slowly but surely got used to her presence and she was the first person to really observe chimpanzees in the wild and how they behave, and made some amazing discoveries like got video of a chimp stripping a stick of leaves and then sticking it down into a termite hole. The termites would latch onto it, he'd lift it up and eat them. And until that moment, all scientists have been saying humans are the only animal that crafts and uses tools. Oh really, yeah, wow, Well that is a big breakthrough. Yeah, And she showed the way they nurtured their young, informed alliances and rivalries and that sort of thing.
Speaker 4: And she never got attacked or anything. She didn't show up with a different haircut and get ripped to pieces. Well no, no, indeed, there are a couple of tense moments in her career. So really, because those things will rip off your arm. They'll rip off your arm.
Speaker 2: And beat you to death with a bloody stump. It never happened to her.
Speaker 4: I have a chip sanctuary near where I live, and I know people that have worked there who would they quit because it was not what they thought it was going to be.
Speaker 2: It is quite dangerous.
Speaker 1: And you know, I was watching some of the archival footage of her, and with all due respect and the work she did and everything, there was a teeny tiny little bit of Grizzly Man to it. You remember that Timothy Treadway character who thought he was communicating with the and communing with the grizzlies and lived among them, and there's a documentary about him, and he and his girlfriend ended up getting eaten.
Speaker 2: She had a little bit of that. You're saying, Nah, I don't know.
Speaker 1: She was much more serious and much less crazy. She was very very serious about studying chimp behavior. But she lived among them and would touch them, and they would touch her, and she kind of became an athorary chimp. But thank god, nothing bad ever apped. Good lord, Yeah, it would be a much different story. And she died in her nineties yesterday, and good for her. You know, some scientists say her presence among them altered their behavior, so it's not a really pristine study.
Speaker 2: But she did something.
Speaker 4: Bore no doubt that they invented the stick and the stick down the hold to eat termites because she was there.
Speaker 2: Though. Hey, there's a hot blonde chick. Somebody do something clever cool.
Speaker 4: I want to impress her, right, maybe I'll stick the stick down us all. Trump just said something funny about the shutdown, among other things on.
Speaker 2: The web Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 6: Look, guys, there's no way to sugarcoat it.
Speaker 2: Nobody likes Democrats anymore.
Speaker 6: We have no voters left because of all of our woke trans voting. Not even black people want to vote for us anymore. Even Latinos hate us. So we need new voters. And if we give all these illegal aliens free healthcare, we might be able to get them on our side so they can vote for us.
Speaker 2: That is not actually Chuck Schumer.
Speaker 4: That is an ai voice of the Democratic leader of the Senate. And that was not actually Donald Trump in a sombrero behind him playing the trumpet.
Speaker 2: I was gonna praise Schumer for his candor.
Speaker 4: Keem Jeffreys was not actually wearing a sombrero with a big, giant black mustache. Also, jd Vance did not actually say this, okay.
Speaker 7: As do as mucco simply as Democrat Party as mucho ritardo, Okay, mucho ritardo, especially Hakimo Jeffries, eyel chuck O Schumer, they are extra ritardo, so el presidente. And I cannot negotiate with these Democrat ritardos.
Speaker 1: Oh no, no, no, no, no, no no no, I don't like that term.
Speaker 2: Start otherwise, that was.
Speaker 4: Very funny, started earlier in the week with that just Schumer saying this about the Democrats and then there's kind of the subtle ish sombrero and mustache. And it's grown since then and do this all subtenly has been lost and it's just completely out of control.
Speaker 1: Well, and I love that reporter before. Is it helpful to post sombrero pictures when you're attempting to negotia?
Speaker 2: Oh come on.
Speaker 4: So here's Hakeen Jeffries, a leader of the Democrats in the House.
Speaker 2: He just reacting to the videos.
Speaker 8: It's a disgusting video and we're going to continue to make clear bigotry will get you nowhere, we are fighting to protect the healthcare of the American people in the face of an unprecedented Republican all on all the things.
Speaker 4: There the disgusting video, and here here's the reporter thing Joe was mentioning.
Speaker 3: The president's been posting some images of Leader Jeffries and Sandra Schumerly, you've said that you're interested in good faith negotiations with these leaders, But you know what messages that's And is it helpful to post pictures of Leader Jeffries and sombrero if you're trying to have.
Speaker 9: Something talk to He goes into the answer, But yeah, you know what it shows. It shows that we're the party that's got a sense of humor, Wow, angry all the time.
Speaker 2: Mustache?
Speaker 4: Is it helpful to post pictures of mister Jefferies and a sombrero and giant black mustache. Well, a whole bunch of Trumps. There's only one Trump, while five different Trumps play trumpets and giant guitars, implying.
Speaker 1: Some might say that there are multiple Trumps who should run for a third term.
Speaker 2: If there were multiple Trumps, they'd be in a mariachi band. Is that helpful.
Speaker 1: Oh my golly, Now this is it's almost kind of fun to watch, not the really silly part of it, but the effort Hakeem jeffries to try to get his civil rights movement. I'm outraged, we're all fighting together, voice going, and he runs it off the flagpole and absolutely no one salutes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'll say it again.
Speaker 4: I've said it multiple times, but the fact that the Washington Post editorial board, the people that run the Washington Post, said the Democrats walked into a trap on this one and then, and that they shouldn't have shut down the government. They should have cobbled together to votes to go with this. So I heard it explain. It's actually pretty good explanation. These shutdowns are dumb and don't matter. And the last one lasted a month and you don't even remember it happened, all right, so quit acting like it's a big deal. But several times this happened. Last couple of times with Republicans were like the Tea Party did this, like we're gonna show how hard we're gonna fight. And I was on board with the fighting and everything like that, but you just don't have the leverage of the votes to actually make anything happen. And Ted Cruz did it around Obamacare. He did the law the really long what do you call it? A filibuster And then they also wouldn't go along because they needed his vote to avoid a shut down, and he had no leverage to actually get anything accomplished. And that's what the the woke progressive end of Democrats are doing. Now, We're gonna force a shutdown to show how much we fight, but we don't actually have the leverage to do anything. And so this has happened a couple of times, and again nobody nobody, nobody dies, Nobody even notices it happens. It disappears into the history books. Man, if you ever read that history book, you are bored to death. But speaking of jokes, here's an AI or no, this is a comedian. This is not Ai. This is a comedian who does a good Trump voice.
Speaker 10: Olah me, fellow americanas cebn anos al sierre de Schumer. That means welcome to the Schumer shattawn. We call it the Schumer Siesta, right, it's the Schumer Siesta. He put the government on siesta. Crying chuck and el hakimo. Hefe Jeffreys We used to call him Dallas Store Obama until we realize he's worth far less than a dollar. But they put the government on siesta to give illegal aliens your healthcare. We're not gonna let it happen. I looked at both of them. I said, We're not gonna let it happen.
Speaker 2: There's no boy no.
Speaker 10: I said, it's no boyno.
Speaker 2: They begged me.
Speaker 10: They said, but signor or for more, please give illegal aliens death care. So we're not gonna do it. We're never gonna do it. It's not gonna happen. We're gonna end the siesta. We're going to reopen the government, and we will not give in to the demands of Chuck and el Hefe. We're not gonna do that. Thank you, God bless you, Diolo Bendiga, and God bless America. Thank you for your attention to this matter.
Speaker 4: That last part was probably funny, but I don't speak enough Spanish to know what he said. Yeah, I missed that one too, uh the uh, but please, Senor, it's pretty funny. The funny thing is that that's only like one tick off actual Trump. Yes, I mean, it's just barely even comedy as opposed to the President actually saying what he was saying, and so Trump said, I got it home word.
Speaker 2: I grabbed it somewhere and I lost it.
Speaker 4: Trump said something funny, but I can't remember what it was about the Democrats handing him this the he can't believe that they same thing the Washington Post editorial board basically said is he can't believe that the Democrats are allowing him to do this and.
Speaker 2: All the leverage well in.
Speaker 1: Trump's Boy Russell vote, the budget chief is taking advantage of it to try to shrink the government as fast as he possibly can.
Speaker 2: Whether it holds up or not, nobody quite sure.
Speaker 1: But it's exactly what Trump and Elon Musk and company and a lot of conservatives have been wanting to happen.
Speaker 2: So let it continue. That's fine. I saw.
Speaker 4: So there was some thing in the New York Times yesterday. I got the bulletin during the day. You're nervous. Our experts are here to answer your questions about the shutdown, I thought, And I'm not nervous. I don't have any questions. I'm perfectly fine. It'll end, like I keep saying, this afternoon or Friday night or next Tuesday and nobody will ever think about it ever again.
Speaker 1: So that was to their sizeable percentage of their listenership that still wears COVID masks alone outdoors. Right, Well, those people are scared. They wake up scared. It makes them feel important. Anyway, a word from our friends at web Root. They want to remind you that TransUnion was breached hit over four million people. It's happening way too much, and that's why you need to trust Webroot Total Protection. It's not just anat virus much more than that. It's identity protection from up to ten people, dark web monitoring, up to a million bucks in fraud reimbursement. You also get VPN cloud backup, twenty four to seven US based support Mouie Bueno.
Speaker 2: They even have an elder fraud hotline. That's huge. Yeah.
Speaker 4: So whether it's you personally or some big company that has your information getting hacked, you could get your identity stolen and it could take hundreds of hours to fix that problem. With Webroot, you've got a team behind you. It's like insurance for your digital life and it protects everyone Toddler's students, seniors. Webroot Total Protection is built for real families get fifty percent off webroot Total Protection or Webroot Essentials at webroot dot com slash armstrong. That's webroot dot com slash armstrong one more time, one stop shop webroot dot com slash armstrong.
Speaker 2: Wow. I hadn't seen this.
Speaker 4: Israel struck overnight in the Gaza Strip, killed at least thirteen Palestinians according to whoever, according to hospitals. Of course, a lot of hospitals are just Homas holdouts and they call them a hospital. But anyway, Israel's continuing to blast that area Gaza while Hamas is waiting to decide thumbs up or thumbs down on the peace proposal, which the deadline is this weekend. It's Thursday now, running out of time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, maybe they ought to take a hard look at it and figure it out quick. What do you think is gonna happen? I still think there are only two choices. One Hamas says, all right, we'll go along with it and pretends to go along with it, uh, and seeks to do what they've always thought to do as hard as they can. Secondly, they just reject it and say we'll fight to the death because they've vowed martyred them over and over again.
Speaker 4: So the critics are saying, like, uh, I saw this. Peter Baker of the New York Times that this was basically, uh, you know, and all or nothing for Hamas proposal from the Yeah, you see, one side is winning the war, and they're gonna win the war no matter what. So they offered to the people that they're about to comply, deletely decimate. Here's a way out if you want it. If you don't, we're just gonna continue.
Speaker 2: To do what we're doing. That's the way most wars end. Yeah, so what like all of them.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so they can decide to do it, Joe said, And you know, they're uh dead enders, so they might say, you know, we're gonna go ahead and fight to the death because they don't care if they take all the Palestinians with them, doesn't matter to them.
Speaker 2: In fact, they think that would be great. Oh yeah.
Speaker 1: In fact, they're gonna fight as long as they can and have as many civilians die as possible to hope that the world opinion turns against Israel, because it already has to some extent. So yeah, that's probably the most likely scenario, but the idea that you know, the Peter Baker's of the world, and he's a bright enough guy, but my god, you're holding Israel to a standard that has never existed in warfare in the history of the world. You've just invented this special new one for Israel. All right, speaking of that sort of thing, a look from inside the media bubble, specifically around Charlie Kirk, stepping aside from like partisan advocacy, just looking at it as a scientist, a political scientist.
Speaker 2: Cool. What an odd moment we find ourselves in.
Speaker 4: And I just became aware of the term digital dopamine, which I hope catches on as a phrase because that is what's going on with social media and the way everybody's addicted to it and just online everything. Anyway, lots of stuff on the way. Stay here, hi, y'all doing. I don't know about you. If your kids are back in school, do you get illnesses running through your house like we do when kids are getting back in school?
Speaker 2: And I don't know, I don't know what you're gonna do about that. Oh, I think it's damn near universal. Yeah, is it that happened when your kids were in school? Oh yeah, more cold than that sort of Oh yeah, yeah, never ending.
Speaker 4: Because only one of your kids has to be in one classroom with somebody, and then anybody's got it.
Speaker 2: Sure, yep.
Speaker 1: So, speaking of classrooms, want to talk a little bit about media and information bubbles. And I was gonna mention that, uh well, I did mention on the air the other day that a friend of mine has a professional relationship with a person and it would not be appropriate for my friend to call them out and disagree with them on politics. But this person was commenting on the Charlie Kirk assassination. And this fella, who my friend identified as a very nice guy and quite reasonably brian, just an overall good dude, was one hundred percent convinced that the young man who killed Charlie Kirk was a flag waving maga conservative who resented Charlie for not being maga enough.
Speaker 2: Was completely convinced of that.
Speaker 1: And I'm saving it for a campus madness update probably tomorrow. But the head of the Association of University Professors, which is tens of thousands of university professors, was out the other day saying, oh, yeah, absolutely, he was a right wing activist who killed Charlie Kirk and exactly the same thing. And if there's a theme to this, and I've got a couple more like exhibits, it's that a lot of folks who think some crazy ass they're probably not bad people, but they're used to looking in some fairly normal, mainstreamish places for information and what they're getting is just wildly inaccurate.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's interesting.
Speaker 4: I'm thinking of a couple of people I know who have really warped views of what's going on in the world. It's not because they're bad, it's just because of where they go to get their information.
Speaker 1: Right, and so choice. Yeah, yeah, and you've got to be a better consumer of news. But maybe the theme, the overall theme, is when you're running too people who think this crazy stuff, it could well be they've just never heard an alternative explanation, and be nice. Be what we on the right tend to be, which is I'll listen to you now if you don't mind, can you listen to me because I haven't heard you know?
Speaker 2: How about if I go with back away slowly and keep my eye on their hands. A lot of war two free beacon.
Speaker 1: Let me the major AI platforms which have emerged as significant American news sources, especially for the young, describe Charlie Kirk's assassination as motivated by right wing ideology and downplay left wing violence as quote exceptionally rare. According to the Free Beacon, when asked to name recent assassination in the US motivated by right wing ideology, multiple chat bots, including chat GPT, Google's Gemini Perplexity all listed Charlie Kirk's murder as a right wing act of violence.
Speaker 4: Well, obviously, Jimmy Kimmel got misled by this. He seemed to actually.
Speaker 1: Believe that Gemini's chatbot made the provably false statement that quote. The assassination of conservative active as Charlie Kirk in September of twenty five has been identified by researchers as the only fatal right wing terrorist incident in the US during the first half of twenty twenty five, and they go into some detail. Keep in mind that a recent Free Beacon analysis we talked about this on the air found that Al Jazeera was one of the two most popular sources used by AI chatbots for news about the Israel Hamas war, and there were zero Israel learn leaning sites that were in their top ten. I think it was so garbage in, garbage out. Then you've got Hannah Nicole Jones, Nicole Hannah Jones, whatever her name is. New York Times the Crazy Lady, the racist who came out with a sixteen nineteen project, wrote recently that public mourning for Kirk is unsettling. In the wake of Kirk's death, individuals and institutions across the nation moved not just to condemn his killings in political violence, but to venerate him. It was unsettling to see many politicians from across the political spectrum speak with reverence about Kirk. And she went on to describe how he was a man who spread hate. Said black women lack the brain processing power to otherwise be taken seriously, which is a deliberate misquoting of Charlie. And again that's in the New York Times. Wow, flamingly. You know, liberal obviously, but you could be a person serious about getting your information and be completely misled.
Speaker 4: Well, on the same story, but a different version of it. I was talking to somebody yesterday who is completely into this story that that poor kid in Utah is going to be executed for something he didn't do. He was framed he was a patsy like Lee Harvey Hoswald, that the the FBI planted that gun and they're pinning it on him and it was the masade working with our FBI to Arlie killed Charlie Kirk and they're gonna pin it on this kid, and this poor kid is gonna be executed. And how I mean this person was upset that this innocent kid is gonna be executed for something he didn't do.
Speaker 2: God unplugged the Internet, and I think that comes from the Candace Owen's crowd. Yeah, yeah, I was just gonna ask that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, final note on this topic, because Nelly Bowles is so great writing in the free press and the left.
Speaker 2: Yes, but why so like why for you and I?
Speaker 4: Is it so obviously he was half crazy also upset about the trans thing, but he's dating a trans person and blah blah blah suicidal And I just believe that story. Why do you think you and I are the way we are on that story, which I believe is the accurate version.
Speaker 2: By the way, I don't.
Speaker 1: Know experience the skepticism. I've described before, how my three kids all are very different on the skepticism scale, it's got to be inborn to some extent.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I wish I could help people on the right and left not to fall for what is obvious crap.
Speaker 4: I have no doubt that what I just laid out there is the truth, like no doubt.
Speaker 2: I'm not even exactly sure why though. What is the truth? That he was a half.
Speaker 4: Crazy, suicidal kid that was upset about the trans stuff, and he did it himself.
Speaker 2: Because he's dating a transperson.
Speaker 1: He was alienating from his family because they were conservatives, and yeah, yeah, and he'd spend all of his time online, got radicalized.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's absolutely true. Yeah, Anyway, no.
Speaker 1: Time to get to Nelly Bowles and her beautiful takedown of yet another writer in The New York Times who suggested that killing Charlie Kirk was just like a Jew in World War Two killing a Nazi.
Speaker 2: What. Yeah, Okay, I don't follow that. You have to defend yourself. We've got a lot of candles.
Speaker 4: Let here in the control room for the count count because of the shutdown. We're all dealing with it in our own way. But I hope you can stick around.
Speaker 2: Armstrong and Getty