Speaker 1: Woo. The Celtics did the thing that they always do in Game.
Speaker 2: Two, and they come out and they stink.
Speaker 1: This was the opportunity for the Dallas Mavericks to steal one, and yet they.
Speaker 2: Sit here up to zero. Holden whole court. These are the takeaways. Like I said, Game.
Speaker 1: Two, Celtics at the crib, what do they do normally loose or they put up a stinker, And that's what they did.
Speaker 2: They shot twenty five percent from three to night.
Speaker 1: The threes that they actually did make were in the second half. But in this game, they found a way to get that shit done. They found a way to have timely threes to get a ton of points from Drew Holiday. Drew Holiday had a huge game. He had twenty six crucial stops. He was like White on Rice on Kyrie Irving, as was Dereck White. Speaking of Derek White, Derek White saved the game potentially when it looked like PJ. Washington was gonna cut it to three with fifty seconds left to go.
Speaker 2: But no, not only did he.
Speaker 1: Hit crucial threes, Derek White, he blocked PJ. Washington even though Jylen Brown filed PJ. Washington and probably should have been two shots, but who.
Speaker 2: Cares either way.
Speaker 1: Derek White, huge game, Jalen Brown looking like one of the best defenders in the league right now, picking up Kyrie Irving, picking up Luca, picking up Luca ninety four feet and still being able to score. So balance scoring, balanced defensive efforts was something that really stuck out. Also, Tatum had eighteen yet another game under twenty points.
Speaker 2: But guess what, they didn't need him. They don't need him to score.
Speaker 1: He's gotta figure it out though, because like people are starting to talk, the streets, the streets is talking, you know, Tatum stands are starting to be like a t Yeah, like I see it, I see it.
Speaker 2: Another thing that stuck out.
Speaker 1: To me free throw differential, not free throw attempt differential, free throw percentage differential. Dallas shot sixty six percent from the free throw line. That's unacceptable in the NBA Finals.
Speaker 2: Unacceptable.
Speaker 1: They started two for seven when they were up like six, seven points, and that could have made it so much of a chasm that maybe Boston doesn't have any fight. Maybe Boston says, yep, this is the game too that we always have, Like they did against the Miami Heat. Boston shot ninety five percent from the free throw line. They were nineteen for twenty. They shot twenty, had twenty.
Speaker 2: Attempts, nineteen from the free throw line. Ooh, that's tough.
Speaker 1: You can't do that if you're Dallas number three. Where the fuck are the role players at?
Speaker 2: Where are they?
Speaker 1: Maxi klayba oh for four two points for Derek Lively.
Speaker 2: PJ.
Speaker 1: Washington was actually pretty good, so we will we will not bang on him. Nine bench points for the Dallas Mavericks nine disgusting.
Speaker 2: Where is Kyrie at? He's not a he's not a role player, but he's like acting like a role player. He has not made it three this entire series. He's oh for eight, seven for nineteen from the field. In game two, he and he started off hot. I think he was four for five start only made three more shots out of that. Fourthly, golly, Luca.
Speaker 1: Donic's is gonna spend the next month in an ice bath and getting like soft tissue treatment and probably surgery.
Speaker 2: I don't know. Like it's bad. His knee is bad. He had a cardiac thoracic issue.
Speaker 1: Which out of who knows where that made him from like definitely playing to like questionable in the game that he didn't even participate fully in shoot around. He was so mummified. I wasn't sure whether he was gonna make it out tough. He looked super hobbled out there. He started out really really hot, got Boston a double team, and Boston obviously does not trust the role players on Dallas, which is totally warranted. His acrobatic passes were getting picked. It was sloppy. He looked slow, He looked one dimensional. He was hitting buckets, he was getting them now, boy, but he did not look right and it really impacted him. In the second half. He was eight for eleven on his first eleven shots, and then he went three for ten the rest of the game, and the fourth quarter was even worse. So what does Dallas need to do well? Kyrie needs to score thirty. That's just what it is. We need Luca in an infrared SA for the next forty eight hours. More opportunities for Daniel Gafford. He looked really really good in the game.
Speaker 2: PJ. Washington, you need PJ. Washington to bring the ball up.
Speaker 1: I think like you need more of the ball in his hands because he's a dynamic athlete. He can make place for himself make place for others, and it takes wear and tear off of Luca who's getting picked up by Jaylen Brown.
Speaker 2: And then you need.
Speaker 1: Another horrendous shooting effort for Boston. They couldn't hit the broadside of a barn and yet they still won that game.
Speaker 2: That is big time trouble for you.
Speaker 1: Gonna be really fascinating to see what Jason Kidd does for Game three, they go back to Dallas, the booing for Kyrie Irving will stop. Oh also a little like side note, Chris dais porzingis tweak his cap so and maybe it's ankle, So we'll see what happens with that SKay tune