Speaker 1: Welcome to this league uncut in the world of twenty four hour NBA.
Speaker 2: News, This news you lo.
Speaker 1: Chris Haynes. It's so time, Mark Stein, It's so time. This league uncut is underway and on fire. This should be a good one.
Speaker 2: Yes it will be a good one. And yes, it is the long awaited return of this league uncut. Mark Stein here with Chris Haynes. We have been separated for more than a week. I left the country. I went to London right when the NBA Finals started, got to London on the day of Game one, had my own slew of travel adventures. But I am back in the States now. Chris Haynes, the star of our show, is in Miami at the fire, so we can all experience this vicariously through him, and we will get to finals. Talk of course, the Denver Nuggets take a two to one lead into Game four Friday night. Chris and I recording this on a Thursday night. We will get to the finals because obviously pivotal Game three result. History tells us when it's one to one, the team that wins Game three goes on to win it all eighty percent of the time, thirty two times out of forty in league history, so that was a huge win for Denver. We'll get into whether Miami can win Game four and get this thing back on track and still make it a long series, but we've got to start with some matters away from the NBA Finals, because it has been a crazy Newsy week. Man was I throwing things when Chris Haynes posted a Dallas Maverick story on Monday when I'm in London, Man was I upset? But we'll get to that in a minute. We're going to start with the Wednesday bombshell from mister Haynes that Chris Paul has been informed by the Phoenix Suns that they intend to waive him later this month. Of course, the Suns have a June twenty eighth deadline to either guarantee Paul's contract fully for next season at thirty point eight million, or by waiving him on June twenty eighth, they would only owe him fifteen point eight million in that deal. Obviously, that story generating a lot of discussion. Again away from the finals. Do not want to detract from the championship series, but this is a massive story. Chris Haynes, First of all, how are you sir, it's been a while since we hung.
Speaker 3: Out, man stought. I am in my favorite city in the country, Miami. I have an ocean view. I went out there. There was some sun out today this afternoon. I went out to the beach, and I said, you know, I was tired, so I feel like, you know, I'm gonna get go out there and take a nap on the beach. As soon as I get out there, put my towel down on a nice white sand, take my shirt off, lay down on the towel. Five minutes later, a severe rainstorm just hit, which led me to running probably ninety five percent speed running back to my hotel room, drenched in rain, soaking wet. And so that was that was the moment in time that I had to enjoy, the five minutes of which I saw sunlight out there. So I'll try again tomorrow. It'll be my last day. Tried again tomorrow before the game. What I have yet to experience good Miami wedd since I've been here.
Speaker 2: So, actually, you just dropped a couple of items. There are multiple items that I want to now interrupt our Chris Paul discussion before I get to So it is Miami is your number one city on the NBA map.
Speaker 3: Number one was one A one. That's what you said, Miami, Yeah, number one, number one, Yes, number one.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm a little surprised by that, but I guess you like what you How can I love Miami? I love Miami, but I just I wouldn't have it number one.
Speaker 3: But that's just me something something's wrong with you. Stop. But let's get back to Chris Paul. That's what everybody wants to hear about. So let me, well the.
Speaker 2: Last thing before we get to Chris Paul. Is there any video of you running at ninety five percent speed? Because I was really I would really see that.
Speaker 3: The reason it was ninety five percent opposed to one hundred percent because I was trying to make sure I didn't slip. I didn't want to slip and falled on that sidewalking and hurt and d damage to myself. So I run in ninety five percent speed. But Stein, there was very little warning. I mean the warning we had was thunderstorms just started. It was loud, it was Stein, it was It reminded me of those thunder storms that we were experiencing in the bubble in Orlando. The thunderstorms came out of nowhere. Boom boom, boom, and you should have saw it. The beach just took off. It was like it was a horror movie, Like everybody was just took off running, you know. They took off towards the street. And luckily my hotel is right across the street from the beach, so I didn't have that long of a run. But yeah, it was ninety five percent because I didn't want to slip in falls. I was trying to watch each step.
Speaker 2: A lot of flexing going on. You got a hotel on the beach, you're taking off your shirt, you're slipping in these little these little flexes.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm still you know, this is still PG. Thirteen. This is not like my man Stephen A. Smith now sif his pod.
Speaker 2: We're not going to get too far into I was in England when that happened. I only saw a couple of excerpts and I was like, what what is going on here? Or maybe I was still I don't.
Speaker 3: Know, Stephen is letting loose.
Speaker 2: All right, you're right, we need to get let's let's get let's let's uh, let's elegantly move to Chris Paul Okay, just go to it, lay it out for us.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So I received word yesterday, which was Wednesday, Wednesday night. So I go into the readA. You have to go through security, and so as I'm going through security, you have to put your phone. It's on that. It's like the conveyor belt. We have to go through this. Uh, put all your items down. It's just like you do at an airport. You have to do that in Miami. And so as I put my phone down, I see that I missed a call from this very very important individual, very very important individual. So I'm like, all right, okay, I'll call him right back as soon as I pick up the phone on the other end. So then when the phone comes out on the other end, I see that I missed two calls from this person just in that short of a timeframe. So I'm like, what is going on? So I call this individual.
Speaker 2: This is usually good news for a reporter, by the way, not this is not this is not.
Speaker 3: That is Yeah, this is usually good news. When you get in a call from this very important individual, you usually picked up right away. But you know he called. He called twice. This individual called twice. And I'm giving a little bit a way of saying he called twice, and so I get word that the Sons have reached out to Chris Paul's represent representative, his agent, Steve Human, and I will told that it were informed that they will be waved. It will be waved by the June twenty eighth deadline. And so that's what I that's what I went with, had multiple sources. I got on the phone with a few people, and that's what I went with, and so I was I can I can't say this. So when I reported that, I did receive a call from the Suns saying that basically that they there are options, There are options out there where they can still trade Chris Paul. But the likely scenario, yes, is a wave. But what I can say is this, I can't say this. Chris paul Is representative left that initial phone call with the impression and how they took it was he was going to be wighd by the deadline.
Speaker 2: That's yes, because they may have options, but let's be honest here, they're gonna try to trade him because of the contract, and if they don't trade him, they are going to waive him. That's basically my interpretation as a I think, i'll say, seasoned spectator of a story like this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, it's always funny seeing other people how they spend things and all that. It's always funny. And you know, local national, that's always funny. But I feel pretty good about my sourcing on this, and that's why I stood it. So I had the opportunity to include before anybody else chimed in on it. I had the opportunity to include. Oh yeah, trading is an option. You know, look, we could look into trading, but I'm standing by by report. I'm standing by the people who I've spoke with. Got pretty good sourcing on this time, and so I left it up, and I, you know, I leave all the other shenanigans to other folks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because look, it totally makes sense that they would try to trade him because that contract perhaps could be appealing to someone else. But one way or the other, they're moving on from Chris Paul. Now. It's interesting because last night a team, a rival team said to me that what they heard is no Phoenix is going to wave him and resign him. And that is technically possible. It is technically an option. But if you're Chris Paul and they've waived you, why would you want to sign back there for the minimum? I'm assuming Chris Paul, yes, he I don't think he's in this huge rush to leave Phoenix. But you know, if they're going to take the step of waving him, it would make sense that he would want to look around and see what other options he has in free agency if that's the step they're going to take. Because again, just to be clear, if they wave and stretch him, which is that's the best route for the Suns to create significant cap space to try to make another move. If they wave and stretch Chris Paul, they would then have full access to the mid level exception of twelve plus million. But if you wave and stretch Chris Paul, you can't resign him. So they would just have to outright wave him. If they wanted to bring him back, they would have to hope that he'd be willing to come for the minimum. And at that point, why wouldn't Chris Paul sign with the Lakers or someone else in free agency that didn't just wave him two three days before?
Speaker 3: And I think that's an option when they wave him, not to wave a stress for vision. I think that is an option to waive him and to see if he'll be willing to resign back at a lower number. I just don't know. I haven't spoken to Chris yet, but I don't know if he would be willing to do that. But knowing him, you know, he'll have to talk with his wife and kids, his agent, his brother CJ and get together and see see what's the logical option for him. But what I do though, as I was told, I was told that he feels he has several years left to play at a high level and he wants to help a team contend and compete for a championship. So with that being Phoenix, I don't know, and you know, I don't know if this process rubs him the wrong way. You know, I can't wait till when he gets to speak on it. But one thing I do know, Stein Chris Paul did tell me a few days ago that he will come on the podcast. So we will have Chris Paul at some point this offseason, so there will be a lot to talk about. But uh, you know, I don't know. I don't know as of right now, I don't know how he feels about the possibility of resigning.
Speaker 2: And yeah, I probably should not be the one trying to guess where his head's at, because you know, I have not spoken to Chris Paul in Ages. I'm just again putting my observer cap on. It's just hard for me to see that he would be waved and then just say, yeah, cool, you know, I'll you know, I'll stay on the minimum. Maybe I'm wrong, Maybe he would want to be in Phoenix so bad that he'd be fine with those conditions. But my you know, my read from where we are in not quite mid June, I would imagine that if Chris Paul is waved and is on the open market, he's going to get some enticing offers because you know, they may not be the most lucrative, but you know he's going to have plenty of options to you know again, I mean to me, the Lakers, that would be such a natural one. You know, there's all this question of are they going to bring back D'Angelo Russell? At what price point would they resign D'Angelo Russell? I mean, I would imagine Lebron would love the chance to play with Chris Paul. And to me, I think we've seen how willing Lebron is to see some of the ball handling responsibilities to Austin Reeves. I don't think Lebron would mind having another ball handler around too. So there's a reason why so many people are bringing up the Lakers, and there will be others, I'm sure, but I guess to me, the Lakers just seems like such a logical landing spot because we know of the Lebron Chris Paul relationship.
Speaker 3: For sure, that's gonna be definitely that he'll be tied to the Lakers. I don't know about the Clippers, you know, I know you know Chris Paul lives and lives in LA. Family does and I don't know about the Clippers because I would think I don't have any intel on this as of right now, but I would think they plan to resign Russ, I would think. So. I don't know how realistic that would be on Chris Paul, but I will say this. A member of a prominent member of the Los Angeles Clippers, a player text me yesterday right when I reported the Chris Paul news and said they would love to have Chris Paul over there. So he's definitely going to have people in his corner. Prominent players from teams out there, contended teams in his corner to try to bring them on. You wonder if the front office is going to feel the same way.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Chris Paul in you know, making thirty something million, you know there's gonna be a limited market. Chris Paul is a free agent, that's a completely different situation. You know, Lakers and Clippers. Easy for us to talk about them as potential destinations, but there will be more that we don't know yet if he actually makes it to free agency. So that's definitely an interesting one. I mean, it's interesting. You know, I had heard, honestly for for a couple of weeks here that hey, keep your eye on keep your eye on a wave and stretch for Chris Paul and Phoenix, and I just didn't. I'm like, wow, are they really going to take that step? I guess I shouldn't have been as skeptical as I was, because you know that is that.
Speaker 3: You told me that weeks ago you were.
Speaker 2: Here, and that yeah, I guess I would. I guess my sources were right. Sometimes that happens where they're way Sometimes that happens where they're way out in front of the news and you're like Damn. I should have listened. I should have listened better, because I mean, it is one of the options, you know, trade him, wave him outright, wave and stretch. But I think the summation is an exit from Phoenix is very very very very likely. Let's let's at least say that much. I mean that that is clearly the message here that.
Speaker 3: Yes, and that's what and that's what Chris paul Is Representative came away with went contacted by the team yesterday.
Speaker 2: Okay, now let's move on to the story that began the week. And like I said, I'm over it now. I'm over it now, even though you're family to me, even though you are family to me. Monday, It's Monday. I'm in London. Clock is ticking, Stein is running out of time in his favorite place to escape. So what was my plan on Monday? Tuesday? I knew I had a huge piece that would be I was so you know, I actually got the chance. I've struck an arrangement with SB Nation to syndicate Tuesday's column and next Tuesday's column. A first in the history of of my little hum my humble, little substack that SB Nation is running my piece. So what my plan was Monday. I'm gonna work all day Monday to get the Tuesday piece ready, and then Tuesday I'm gonna be able to enjoy one last London fling. I'm gonna go. I'm gonna go sneak away and watch some grass court tennis in Surbiton, which you know how much I love my tennis. I'm so excited. And then there it is. I'm in a coffee shop working away and Chris Haynes drops the story no warning to his podcast partner Kyrie Irving is trying to convince Lebron James to come to Dallas. You didn't realize what you did to me, did you? You didn't realize I'm over it now.
Speaker 3: I thought you were asleep. I knew you were out the country, and I'm not familiar with the time zone difference. What you know, I assume there's probably two three in the morning at that time. But what was what was your reaction to hearing that? Is that something you heard before? Did that catch you by surprise?
Speaker 2: My reaction, honestly, is very cynical to the intentions here, because I think Kyrie Irving knows quite well that the chances of the Mavericks trying to orchestrate any possible way to acquire Lebron James are pretty much close to nil if I continue with London speak. So to me, really my reaction is he wants to be a recruiter for the MAVs, and I think that's kind of his way of trying to appeal to the MAVs that he has even more value to them off the court beyond what he could deliver as a player, because look, it's a it's a negotiation now. I think based on everything I've heard, Kyrie wants to stay in Dallas, and one motivation that was suggested to me is that, you know, he's tired of the narrative that he's trying to get his you know, force his way to the Lakers, and you know, so why not try to convince Lebron to come to the MAVs, even though again that's just not possible, but it's negotiation time, and he wants to, you know, establish himself as having value to the MAVs both on and off the court. That was really my first reaction.
Speaker 3: As the author of the story. My reaction was, and my reaction is similar to your style, but my reaction was he's staying in Dallas Like that was basically kind of like a subtle confirmation of he's resigning with the Mavericks. That's what I gathered more so out of it than anything else. Yes, you know, I try and I tried to put that in my piece on you know, if you're gonna write something like that, right, what how it could happen? And it would just take It would take Lebron asking for a buyout. You know, he has one hundred like one hundred million left on a two year deal, the second years a player option, asking for a buyout, signing for significantly less, and Kyrie. It would take Kyrie signing for significantly less in order for you know, have to make that happen. Now, Lebron James makes He's made a lot of money, a lot of money. I'm pretty sure he's close to billionaire status at this point. He's getting up there. I have a hard time believing he's going to just scrap one hundred million to play the final years of his career in Dallas. And then you have not to say there's anything wrong Dallas. But you know, he got a son playing at USC this coming up season, so it's just things don't line up, makes sense. So what I got it from it out of all of that was that Kyrie is putting out a subtle confirmation that he's resigning with the MAVs.
Speaker 2: So let's examine both of those things, because there's a lot happening there. Let's let's start with Kyrie. I mean, first of all, I agree with those sentiments, and again, you know, in my checking with the MAVs side of things, the MAVs as a team certainly believe that Kyrie wants to resign. Now the question, again, the question from the start will be can they reach a deal that makes everyone happy. The five year max that Kyrie is eligible for is two hundred and seventy two million over five. The four year max is two ten over four. The Mavericks naturally want to come out of it with the most team friendly deal they can, and Kyrie Irving naturally wants to come out of this as close to the five two seventy two that he can get. So it's a negotiation, and you know, we'll see how it ends up. But yes, I mean, the MAVs have been consistent since February, since they traded for Kyrie Irving. This was not, in their eyes, a rental. They want to make this a long term agreement. And so I do still see that as the most likely scenario. And as I've said many many times on many many pods, the who's coming after Kyrie Irving? Where are the external suitors? We still free agency is twenty odd days away as we record this. Those external suitors have not yet materialized. I personally have not been able to pinpoint a team that's planning to go after him and try to sign him away from the Mavericks and the Lakers are thrown out instantly. But the message, all the recent messaging from Lakerland has been that they are not going after Kyrie Irving in free agency, And so you know, is there going is Are we going to see an external market developed that you know would give Kyrie more leverage here? At this point, I don't see it.
Speaker 3: All right, the Chris Paul situation in Phoenix, do you think that opens up a possible door for another suitor being a signs.
Speaker 2: Well, it's interesting because from the moment that Kyrie was traded to Dallas, the Sons and the Lakers were always the two teams mentioned as they could come after Kyrie in the off season the Lakers, like I said, since since the trade, since the trade deadline when the Lakers did make a play for Kyrie, ever since then, and then they've obviously had the second half around the trades, they did make the run to the Western Conference Finals. All the messaging since this Laker turnaround has been that they're not going after Kyrie Irving. As for Phoenix, I don't know. I genuinely don't know. When the trade was made in February that brought Kyrie Irving to Dallas, Like I said, there was this, there was there were rumblings that Phoenix would revisited in the off season, but then we had the game in early March here in when Phoenix came to Dallas and KD and Kyrie, there was just like no interaction, very icy tension that you could literally feel between them. Now, Am I putting too much stock in that? Do the Suns secretly want Kyrie?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 2: I guess it's possible. I don't have knowledge of it, So I guess we'll see. I guess we'll see if are they moving off Chris Paul to make a run at Kyrie Irving? I guess that's what you're getting that, that's what you're getting at.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I don't I don't know.
Speaker 2: I'm right right, you're posing the question, and I think it's the right question. I'm not sure, Okay, but maybe they know.
Speaker 3: I know months ago. This is different times. I know months ago. I'm talking like three months ago, maybe even four months ago, there was and in they were having talks about possibly being able to land KD and Kyrie. Those were months months ago. I don't know where that stands now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because they've got they to me that you've got Durant and Booker as your duo, who are just two supreme scorers. And that's another thing, like there's so much talk right now. I'm hearing so much talk, you know, send Dame to Miami so we can be with Jimmy and Aebio. We gotta remember, in this new CBA, you gotta get the twosome right because you're most likely not gonna be able to afford three Max guys. And if you have three Max guys, you are not gonna be able to put a lot of depth around him. And that's what just killed Phoenix in the playoffs. They didn't have enough around Durant and Booker. So do the Sons really want to now bring in Kyrie and you have Durant and Booker and Kyrie, three guys who can score all night long, but then you have nothing else. I mean, I don't know that that's really the best team building path to versus. So, like I said, maybe maybe everything I'm saying here, I'm gonna look like an idiot and it's gonna come out that, Hey, the Sons are you know, the Sons are after Kyrie Irving. But to this point, I'm just saying, to this point, as we record this, I haven't heard of that team that's trying to get him. And if that happens, if a suitor emerges, then obviously a lot changes and that puts Dallas under all kinds of new pressure.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and that's why it's still like again that the whole revelation of him trying to get Lebron and one in the front office to pursue it, avenue to get Lebron. Yeah, that's what I basically got that he's leaning towards resigning with the DAAs matters. But to your point, there's still a lot that has to get worked out between now and free agency to make that a reality.
Speaker 2: All right, So look, Kyrie Irving, Chris Paul, free agency matters. We will be talking about these at length. We will be talking about these topics with increasing frequency as we get closer to free agency. See something tells me that, very very soon, once this series is over, this pod will become nothing else but discussions about Chris Paul's future, Kyrie Irving's future, and all the major free agent and trade and draft topics. But Chris is at the finals. It's been a very good series so far. I do want to talk some NBA Finals before we go. What was the mood after Game three? What did you encounter on your postgame visits to the locker rooms and catching up with people. I mean, Yokich and Murray were just man. I mean, that was next level two man game. The way they started the game, the way they got inside and just repeatedly did damage in the paint. You know, you started this pod by talking about the South Beach sand. Those guys, so they gave Denver a foothold in the South Beach sand, and that that thing was. I mean, I know you are not a soccer guy, but yesterday, yesterday you were in Miami for one of the greatest days in the history of South Florida sports. When Leonel Messi, arguably the greatest footballer of all time, says he's coming to play for Inner Miami. That was not the ending to the evening that the locals were looking for. Down by twenty one in the fourth quarter, down by so much that that's when the game ops in Miami through the welcome welcome to Leonel Messi sign went up when they're down ninety three seventy two in the fourth not the way the heat expected that game three to go. But I mean, that was absolutely historic masterpiece from Jokic and Murray last night. So paint a picture for us what was what was postgame like?
Speaker 3: So I decided, you know, I focused on I focused on the different nuggets obviously. So I went and I went to their locker room. I spoke with Jeff Green. I had a conversation with Jeff Green, have conversation with Contagious codwoll Pope. I had a conversation with DeAndre Jordan. I had a conversation, little conversation with Jamal Murray, and I had a little walk and talk with the Joker last Night starn.
Speaker 2: I read that and I was like, wait a minute, did he sidle the Joker? I didn't know. The Joker goes for the Joker go he allows a sidle.
Speaker 3: Hey, hey, he was very accommodating to Last Night Man. But check check it out. And this is why I wish he'd I hope he does more in the interviews because his his personality is it is great. So I go into the locker room and I have got word this is what happened. I got word that Joker had like some type the speech after that Game two loss that pretty much stunned everybody. So that was my plan after the game to start asking around. So I pulled guys to the side in the locker room, got KCP, DeAndre Jordan, Jeff Green, and they were all were like yeah, like usually So the way the way it works in their locker room, the guys who are the most vocal is Jeff Green, DeAndre Jordan, and KCP. Those are the three. So after losses or wins, those are the ones that or those are the players who addressed the team, whether it's in a good way a bad way, calling people out, it's those guys. But I was I was told Joker actually joined in and said something, and DeAndre Jordan said, that's rare, you know, he told me that's rare. Like k CP was like, yeah, when he says something, you gotta listen, like because he's not gonna say he doesn't say much. And he said it was just him doing that and talking about just how they didn't come with a proper mindset and they can't do this at the finals, and you know, he said he had more to say and addressing the team. But KCP told me that set the tone for them practice the next day, shoe around the next day is set the tone for them to go into Game three. And you know, it's hard to play in Miami. And so anyways, I get all these good quotes from these players talking about just how great of a speech Joker had, and then I go to the Joker and I, you know, I was able to walk and talk with him leaving the arita and I asked him, I said, hey, all these these all your most of your teammates were talking about just this great speech you gave and how it resonated with them, and they were just caught off guard because you never say anything, do you know what lared you to say something at that point, and he said, honestly, I don't even remember, he said, I don't even remember. He said, I don't remember me even saying anything he's he said, so they must be crazy. I don't I don't remember. He said, Hey, if I got something to say, I would say it. But I don't know. I don't remember. Man, he said, if it worked good, I'm glad it worked. It was just so. But he was like genuine, he was genuine about it, like he forgot that he said something. You know, you got all these guys pumping them up and talking about how how motivated he was to speak up, and uh, he forgot about it. He didn't remember what he said. So he has a great personality that I hope he shows more.
Speaker 2: But uh, I'm actually quote, I'm gonna read the quote I've called up your story. Quote. Honestly, I don't remember that I was talking. So if I was saying something, I don't remember what I was saying, Jokic told b R with a snicker. But in all sincerity. Quote, maybe it was just my emotions at the time. I don't remember. To be honest, maybe they're all just crazy. But I think I'm normal When I say something. It's not that I'm trying to be vocal. There's a purpose when I see something, I'm going to say it. I'm never going to talk just to talk. End quote. I'm gonna give you. When I read this story, hey, I mean it's the longest paragraph in here. That shocked me. Like it's not even about it's not even what he said. You gotta I thought Joker hated doing interviews so much like maybe he's done sidles and I just missed him. But a sidle of the Joker at the finals, that's pretty good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he was very he was accommodating. He gave me a you know, handshake, Hey, Chris, come on, let's talk, let's talk, walked on. You know, he was it was cool. But he doesn't I know, there were there were I thought there were others that requested it, request to try to get some time with them in and he didn't get it. But but he was. He was great man. He has a great personality and uh again, I just hope that you know.
Speaker 2: He showed it today at the off day and when the press conference started today at the podium. One of the first you know, he got a good X and L question, and he called out Mike Singer and he was like, take notes, Mike have to say, as if to say to the Denver Post beat man, do step up your questions. That was good. He does have he's got some jokes.
Speaker 3: No, he's good. The joker got some jokes. But no, it was so the scene. You know, I look at it. I look at it like the Denver Nuggets. It's hard for a lot of reasons to play in Miami. A lot of a lot of a lot of a lot going on.
Speaker 2: In my it sounds like it's hard for you to focus. It sounds like it's hard for you to focus with.
Speaker 3: Well, let me tell you this. That's that's one reason I got my hotel right by the beach. I don't want to focus that much. But I will say this, Stean, I didn't know I found this out last year. I think I told you. I might have said this before. The Miami he Arena has a nightclub inside the arena that's going, that's popping off during the game. Now you wonder why fans show up late to Miami Heat games. It's an actual like you go, It's a club. It has VIP section, VIP sections, all around, bottle service, nice views, I caddy, any type of I caddy, you like all of it. It's crazy, It's crazy, it is happening during the game. Miami's a different place, though. I don't like different places.
Speaker 2: I don't like it. Can we just focus on basketball for three hours ahead?
Speaker 3: They don't There's no.
Speaker 2: But no, I'm just saying there's not enough clubbing in Miami after the game. I mean, can we just have three hours, two hours where we focus on basketball? I mean, the Heat are in the finals as an eighth seed. Yes, that was a rough Game three, but still the run that this team is on is incredible. I picked Denver in six because just there's no way to I mean the Heat, the Heat are limited. They're missing Tyler Hero so they're not even at full strength. Denver has a more well rounded team, better balance, length, more depth. The Nuggets should win this series, but Miami is the toughest team on Earth, and I couldn't. I couldn't say that the series would end in anything less than six because I just think no matter what strikes Miami has against them, they're gonna find a way to win at least two games. So Denver looked incredible in Game three, as we've all said, as Michael Malone said, it's the best Yokichen Murray have ever looked like. As a duo, They're making everyone wonder now, is this the best one to two punch in the NBA? Even though Jamal Murray still has no never sniffed an All Star game. But it will not shock me if Miami wins Game four, if Denver goes up three to one, it won't shock me if Miami finds a way to win Game five. I still think somehow the Heat drag this thing to six. Hmm.
Speaker 3: They could. This is a scrappy team. But the thing about the Miami Heat stein they have to play so perfect because their skill level is not on par with Nuggets. From top to bottom. They gotta play so man, they gotta play so perfect. Guys have to really step up. It's tough, man, It's tough. Yes, I guess I can see them getting Game four. I don't know, but Denver looks like they figured something out. I think the Heat felt like they might have found something and switching Jimmy Butler onto Jamal Murray in Game two. Jamal didn't have that type of breakout game that he's been having in these playoffs, and then he comes in and does it on Jimmy in game three. So I don't I don't know. It's like Miami. The thing with Miami, they need guys to have big games who aren't star players, Like you need a gay Vincent to give you fifteen plus, you need Strews to give you fifteen plus.
Speaker 2: You need.
Speaker 3: Even Bam, you need Bam to give you more than what he's given you offensively and to be more efficient offensively. So it's just tough, man, It's tough. They again, they gotta play so perfect. And then Tyler Hero does Tyler Hero come back for Game four. I know weeks ago he was aiming for Game three. So I don't know. It's a tough situation. I wouldn't be surprised if the Nuggets close it out in five. I wouldn't be surprised.
Speaker 2: Really. I mean, look, you're there, you have a better feel for it, and I mean it's it's hard not to be impressed by the show that Denver put on in Game three. I mean, they only made five threes. They're the only team in the playoffs, these whole playoffs to win a game when making as few as five threes. That's how good they were. Everywhere else on the court dominated the glass. Christian Brown played the game of his life off the bench, So Michael Porter Junior, who's just really slumping and struggling, and it doesn't even hurt Denver because Brown steps right in and attacks the rim and provides that third scoring boost that as if, as if Joker and Murray need it, he provided it. I mean, that was that was just an incredibly impressive road wind from Denver, and it was really I mean, they were facing adversity for the first time in these playoffs. If they lose that Game three, the noise really starts. All the doubts about the Denver Nuggets get dredged up and they shut it all down. So you know, they now get to play with house money in game four, and I guess we will see. I guess we will see. Don't go to the club watch the game. That's my professional advice.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm gonna tell you right I'm gonna tell you right now, if any team is up twenty five or more points, I'm going to the club and writing it.
Speaker 2: Are you gonna write it for? Are you gonna write a scene piece.
Speaker 3: I might have my I don't know if you want to see piece in there. I don't know if that'll be appropriate. I'm pretty sure it get a lot of clicks. It'll get a lot of clicks.
Speaker 2: Well, you at least have NBA player do that. You at least have to give the scene piece in audio fashion on this pod.
Speaker 3: I can do that. I probably couldn't mention names. They're they're there are NBA players in these VIP sections in this club. That might be that might be fun to do. Right there, give you a scene of Miami's Club.
Speaker 2: I guess I'm just surprised because it's not the newest arena in the world, So it's like, is the club really that the in arena club? Is that fancy? You actually went in there took a look.
Speaker 3: I went in there and took a look, and it was as.
Speaker 2: Good as a normal Miami club would be.
Speaker 3: Regular Miami club has a bar right in the middle of the club. Bar, nice looking women giving you bar service. Nice looking women's time. I reiterate, nice looking women giving you, you know, giving bar service, alcohol or whatever. And you got VIP sections and it's just people in the middle dancing club they didn't come for. Again, it doesn't sound that.
Speaker 2: It doesn't sound but again for two and a half hours, can we just focus on hoops? Well, Miami was clubbing all night long, that's what they.
Speaker 3: Say, different saying there in Miami. And you know what, star I for one love it.
Speaker 2: Man. The night that the Mavericks won it all in twenty eleven, of course they went to Live and took it over for the whole night. What did I do? I was writing in that arena so long that when I left the arena, it was it was six or seven. It was blinding daylight when I left that arena and just walked back to my hotel for more. That was my morning brunch walking back to the hotel. Because I took so damn long. I felt so much pressure writing that piece after the MAVs won it all took forever. Brian Winhurst still, Brian Winhurst still heckles me for how slow I was writing that thing. Oh what a nightmare. No clubbing for me, I guess was the No clubbing for me was the point of that story.
Speaker 3: I get it, and I wouldn't expect anything less when you start, I get it. Hey to each his own. I don't judge. You, don't judge me, and don't judge.
Speaker 2: I'm not judging it.
Speaker 3: Don't judge, don't judge. Prefer to partake in club activities during the game.
Speaker 2: But we're there for the game.
Speaker 3: Oh well, some people are. It's a game within the game, you know. I'm about to I'm about I'm about have to do a scene setting in that club right there.
Speaker 2: I don't think anyone's ever written that one. The scene piece from the Miami club during the game.
Speaker 3: Unbelievable. I'm a believable start.
Speaker 2: Hopefully, hopefully they at least have TVs in there so you can watch the game in case something amazing happens.
Speaker 3: Again, that is a good question. Yeah, I believe they got TVs. I believe they have TVs.
Speaker 2: Nobody Actually, all right, I look forward to your full report. That is going to do it for the latest reunion edition of This League Uncut. It had been a week a week and change since Chris and I got together for a podcast. The good news is tons happened in that week and change, so we had no shortage of stuff to talk about. We will be back with you very soon again to talk about where these Finals are where they're going. Can Miami pull even before the series moves back to Denver for Game five Monday night? And yes, I think we will continue to hear dribbles of trade, free agency, and draft news because this is going to be an eventful few weeks here, with the new CBA coming in, teams looking to balance their books make moves. There are going to be trades. I don't think there's any question about it. And you know, again, not even mid June yet, and the free agencies, free agency of Kyrie Irving, Chris Paul's future, they've been huge headlines all week, right alongside these NBA Finals. As always, please friends, rate review and subscribe to this league Uncut, Apple Podcasts or wherever else you get your pods. Chris Haynes, good to be with you again. My friend missed you. Like I said, mad at you Monday, very mad at you Monday. But I'm past it, I'm over it. We're good. Great to reconnect me.
Speaker 3: I'm glad we could do this again. I thought you left me hanging.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that's that's how it was. All right, everybody that does it, We'll connect with you soon, be good.
Speaker 1: And that'll do it. For us. See you next time. This League on cuta is and iHeartRadio production lock up. Chris Haines, good, Mark Stein,